The Wolves were the right play last night, but sometimes you just don't get what you pay for. That's usually the case with teams like Minnesota. It's always a risk to jump on their back, but I can honestly say that if I were given the same opportunity again, I'd make the same play. It's not worth getting all twisted over anyway. While I haven't been overly aggressive with my investments this week because the plays just haven't been there, it's still a pretty doggone good week when you don't suffer your 1st loss until Friday night. Let's move on.
THE NBA (7-5 last night and 27-16 so far for the week)
There's a problem getting a number posted on the Sixers/HEAT game in Miami tonight. That, of course, has everything to do with whether or not LeBron and Wade are going to be playing for the Heat. The fact that things are so hush-hush, and The Book can't get a handle on it, tells me that at least one of them will be on the court tonight in the b2b situation. Otherwise, the Sixers might be worth a look. The team is still playing hard for Coach Collins, and many of the guys left for the Heat aren't used to logging the kind of minutes they played last night, let alone have to do it for a 2nd straight night. Just food for thought.
SU WINNERS (8-4 last night and 34-9 so far for the week)
WIZARDS, NETS, HEAT, WOLVES, BUCKS and Hawks
If it's not bad enough that we can't get a number on the Heat for tonight, I'm also showing a tie in the Rockets/NUGGETS contest as well.
TOTALS (7-5 last night and 23-20 so far for the week)
OVERS - Pacers/WIZARDS (184), Bobcats/NETS (196), Raptors/BUCKS (202) and Hawks/SPURS (193)
UNDERS - Pistons/WOLVES (197) and Rockets/NUGGETS (212 1/2)
BUTTA (0-1 last night and 3-1 so far for the week)
1. Pacers/WIZARDS (O184) - The Wiz play fast and furious at home, and the Pacers are on the b2b tonight. The numbers say the Wiz wins this game outright, but it takes them a lot of points to do so. I don't want anything to do with taking with the home team at (+4) with the Pacers off an embarrassing beatdown last night, but I'll lean to the OVER to cash in instead. WIZARDS 107, Pacers 100
2. Raptors/BUCKS (O202) - The Bucks might be worth a look at (-6), but only because the Dinos got away with one last night in Minnesota. Both teams are on the b2b tonight, and many will tell you that it's not wise to play an OVER in that situation. Obviously, I don't subscribe to that theory in this spot. Neither of these teams plays very good defense, and that should make for lots of easy chances at the rim. BUCKS 108, Raptors 100
ALL THE REST
1. Bobcats (+15) at NETS - That's the problem with doubles. The team that's getting them isn't ever any good, and the team that's laying them can still deliver a dominant performance and still not get the number. NETS 105, Bobcats 93
2. HEAT 91, 76ers 80 - That's the best I can do for you right now. If you're dying to get on this game, you're just going to have to keep an eye on it till it's posted.
3. Pistons (+6) at WOLVES - I assure you this isn't a "revenge call" against the Wolves after what they did last night. It's all in the numbers. WOLVES 94, Pistons 92
4. Hawks (+9) at SPURS - It's never a wise idea to try to figure out what Pop is going to do. I have a feeling, though, that he'll play this one straight now that the Thunder have pulled into a tie with his team atop the West standings. Even if that's true, the Hawks were embarrassed on their home court last night by the Sixers. Regardless of what my projection says, I think the Spurs win this game, but there might be some extra fire in the Hawks for this game. Hawks 101, SPURS 100
5. Rockets (+5 1/2) at NUGGETS - It's the toughest b2b in the entire league having to play anywhere on the 1st night, and then go into Denver on the 2nd. The Rocks also aren't a very good back to back team, going only 3-10 SU when they complete consecutive games on the road. I also don't want to make too much of the Gallinari injury on the Nugs side either. Coach Karl still has plenty of weapons without him. The numbers are what they are though. Rockets 105, NUGGETS 105
COLLEGE HOOPS (1-0 ATS/no play SU/1-0 TOTALS last night and 5-3/3-4/3-5 so far for the week)
The Madness (2-0 ATS/1-1 SU/0-2 TOTALS so far for the week)
1. Michigan 55, Syracuse (+1 1/2, U129) 55 - Personally, I think the Wolverines just have too many weapons to not win this game. The numbers say "tie" though. Why bother arguing?
2. Louisville (-10, O134) 76, Wichita St. 66 - Cinderella doesn't find her glass slipper tonight, but she might make it really tough on the soon to be crowned national champions. I think the best description I've heard of the Shockers came last week when they were referred to as junkyard dogs. They can sure play defense with The Ville, but the real question is how are they going to score against an equally suffocating Cardinal defense?
Is it just me, or did it seem like it took forever for The Madness to come back into play? Whatever. It will all be over on Monday night anyway. Have a great Saturday, be careful out there tonight and I'll see you tomorrow.