Perez Hilton More Popular In Toronto Than Chris Bosh
NBA, Chris Bosh

Want To Know Why Chris Bosh Will Be Leaving Toronto After Next Season? Hint: It's Not The Money.

6/27/09 in NBA   |   Pat   |   5229 respect


When Chris Bosh leaves Toronto after next season, you can thank the good people of Toronto. Granted, the people who would line the streets for an awards ceremony like this aren't exactly the creme de la creme of society, but it's a bit sad that they are going ballistic over Perez Hilton, and completely ignoring Bosh.

Would this happen in Boston, if Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett or Ray Allen walked down the street? Would Kobe Bryant be ignored in LA? LeBron James in Cleveland? Dwight Howard in Orlando? Dwyane Wade in Miami? Of course not.

Toronto, you disgust me. Perez Hilton is one of those people who embody everything that is wrong with today's society. He has zero talent whatsoever, and lives his life leeching off celebrities. Yet you completely ignore arguably the best basketball player your city has ever had for this useless hack.

Have fun living in the lottery, Raptors fans. You deserve it.


 Damn: Perez More Popular Than Chris Bosh In Toronto [Jersey Chasers]
Notify me by email about comments that follow mine. Preview

6/28/09   |   phlyerphan12

Pat wrote:
Miley Cyrus is a complete joke, but still has more talent in her left pinky than Perez Hilton has in his entire body.

And the awards show was in Toronto. He's the biggest and best athlete in the city right now. In any other major city, they would at least acknowledge it if their biggest sports star was there. But not in Toronto... because OMG PEREZ!!!!!

Roy Halladay is the biggest and best athlete in Toronto right now. And they love the Leafs way more than the Raptors anyway. Elton Brand and Andre Iguodala are the most famous basketball players in Philadelphia right now, but if I weren't an avid follower of local sports, I wouldn't be able to pick them out of a crowd besides the fact that they're tall. Even then, I might say "Oh, those guys are probably on the Sixers," but I'd never be able to identify them by name or fame level.

6/28/09   |   Pat   |   5229 respect

phlyerphan12 wrote:
Perez Hilton is not a fabricated celebrity by any means. A fabricated celebrity is someone like Miley Cyrus, who has no talent but gets built up by some huge media machine so that people can't help but be inundated by her and think they need to be fans because she "should" be popular.

Hilton, on the other hand, at least made himself famous. It's not like I'm a fan, but whether people like him when they shouldn't isn't his fault. And either way, it still doesn't make any sense that people at a music video awards ceremony would be excited about Chris Bosh.

Miley Cyrus is a complete joke, but still has more talent in her left pinky than Perez Hilton has in his entire body.

And the awards show was in Toronto. He's the biggest and best athlete in the city right now. In any other major city, they would at least acknowledge it if their biggest sports star was there. But not in Toronto... because OMG PEREZ!!!!!

6/28/09   |   phlyerphan12

Pat wrote:
That's why I said "arguably".

But let's keep this in perspective. Perez Hilton is NOT famous for any valid reason whatsoever. He is a fabricated celebrity. The sports equivalent of this would be Will Leitch and Beyonce Knowles attending the ESPY's, and everyone ignoring Beyonce, and screaming for Leitch.

Perez Hilton is a blogger. No more, no less. Well... he's also a raging douchebag. Either way, people cheering for him are douchebags as well. That's all I got.

Perez Hilton is not a fabricated celebrity by any means. A fabricated celebrity is someone like Miley Cyrus, who has no talent but gets built up by some huge media machine so that people can't help but be inundated by her and think they need to be fans because she "should" be popular.

Hilton, on the other hand, at least made himself famous. It's not like I'm a fan, but whether people like him when they shouldn't isn't his fault. And either way, it still doesn't make any sense that people at a music video awards ceremony would be excited about Chris Bosh.

6/28/09   |   Pat   |   5229 respect

phlyerphan12 wrote:

First of all, Vince Carter's productive years in Toronto were better than Bosh's, so Bosh isn't Toronto's best basketball player ever. Second, doesn't it make perfect sense that people at a MUSIC VIDEO AWARDS ceremony would be more familiar with (and interested in, and excited about) Perez Hilton than Chris Bosh? If they hosted the ESPYs in Toronto, attendees would probably go bonkers over Chris Bosh and ignore or laugh at Perez Hilton. Duh.

That's why I said "arguably".

But let's keep this in perspective. Perez Hilton is NOT famous for any valid reason whatsoever. He is a fabricated celebrity. The sports equivalent of this would be Will Leitch and Beyonce Knowles attending the ESPY's, and everyone ignoring Beyonce, and screaming for Leitch.

Perez Hilton is a blogger. No more, no less. Well... he's also a raging douchebag. Either way, people cheering for him are douchebags as well. That's all I got.

6/28/09   |   phlyerphan12

(Edited by phlyerphan12)

First of all, Vince Carter's productive years in Toronto were better than Bosh's, so Bosh isn't Toronto's best basketball player ever. Second, doesn't it make perfect sense that people at a MUSIC VIDEO AWARDS ceremony would be more familiar with (and interested in, and excited about) Perez Hilton than Chris Bosh? If they hosted the ESPYs in Toronto, attendees would probably go bonkers over Chris Bosh and ignore or laugh at Perez Hilton. Duh.

6/28/09   |   Jahiegel   |   132 respect

Pat wrote:
He's the douche with the pink hair, retarded pants, and the worst website ever. I'm not going to post a link to it, because it is pure trash.

One may think Perez Hilton to be a d-bag--and I don't doubt that his behavior is dickish from time to time, if cheekily intentionally so (the pulling off of which, it should be said, requires talent)--and one may bemoan our having devolved into a people obsessed with trivial celebrity gossip (and, perhaps more perniciously, snark, of which Perez is, he would not dispute, a grand practitioner, although with that I've no problem), but one cannot deny the addictiveness of the site, and "trash" is, IMHO, insufficiently nuanced.  There may be but a few people who would confess to being Perez-heads, and even fewer who would be proud to make that admission, but I cannot imagine that there is anyone who is not a reader at all, such that PH cannot be dismissed altogether. 

6/28/09   |   Surge

To be fair, they think curling's a sport.

6/28/09   |   picturethis

yama1 wrote:
Ok listen you piece of s**t.  If you were in a MUSIC festival, and you were a little 13 year old girl who doesn't know what a f&$k basketball is, you would be screaming your lungs off too for the guy in pink because that guy in pink is a MUSIC blogger and likes to talk about PARIS HILTON and KIM KARDASHALIAVANALAN.  If this was the NBA ALLSTAR game in T.O. and the people still screamed after the gay in pink, then you got a point.  I guarantee you, if this was the MTV awards in BOSTON and KG, Pierce and Allen were parading those 13 yr old girls would still be screaming after the guy in pink.  So Fk OFF.

 I agree. A bunch of annoying  13 y/o girls likely don't watch ANY sports, let alone know the players. They were there for all the "famous" music people.

Sure, it wouldn't happen to Kobe or Lebron...but Chris Bosh isn't near a Kobe or Lebron status.

6/28/09   |   Pat   |   5229 respect

yama1 wrote:
Ok listen you piece of s**t.  If you were in a MUSIC festival, and you were a little 13 year old girl who doesn't know what a f&$k basketball is, you would be screaming your lungs off too for the guy in pink because that guy in pink is a MUSIC blogger and likes to talk about PARIS HILTON and KIM KARDASHALIAVANALAN.  If this was the NBA ALLSTAR game in T.O. and the people still screamed after the gay in pink, then you got a point.  I guarantee you, if this was the MTV awards in BOSTON and KG, Pierce and Allen were parading those 13 yr old girls would still be screaming after the guy in pink.  So Fk OFF.

You're wrong. And what the hell do Kim Kardashian and Paris Hilton have to do with music?

6/28/09   |   sbertschmann   |   24 respect

what threw up on hilton's head?

6/28/09   |   fred77008   |   17 respect

yanksawboy wrote:
 You mean the Seattle Suckies.
(Edited by fred77008)

Perez Hilton is a loser.  He wants equal right and respect, but when Ms. California said she disagreed with him he roasted her.   Then, Mr. Loser Donald "Hair" Trump piled on.  What a waste.   I hope Perez gets deported.  Loser.  And I hope Donald Trump chokes on his ego.  And the hairball on his head.

6/28/09   |   REN_7983

hi liverpudian hw r u all thr this coming season we gonna be the king of europe again

6/28/09   |   Wolfie75   |   68 respect

I don't want to hear from Toronto fans crying misery if and when Bosh leaves.. WTF is Perez Hilton one of the Raptor's cheerleaders?

6/28/09   |   PresEmart   |   18 respect

Raptors fans are trash.

6/28/09   |   yama1

(Edited by Pat)

Ok listen you piece of s**t.  If you were in a MUSIC festival, and you were a little 13 year old girl who doesn't know what a f&$k basketball is, you would be screaming your lungs off too for the guy in pink because that guy in pink is a MUSIC blogger and likes to talk about PARIS HILTON and KIM KARDASHALIAVANALAN.  If this was the NBA ALLSTAR game in T.O. and the people still screamed after the gay in pink, then you got a point.  I guarantee you, if this was the MTV awards in BOSTON and KG, Pierce and Allen were parading those 13 yr old girls would still be screaming after the guy in pink.  So Fk OFF.

6/27/09   |   kareem1516

dood ure right i mean what the hell are they thinking i mean yeah, [by far] there best basketballl player is not being egnolaged from fans thats why the lakers are selling there draft picks there not doing it for these free-agents but next free-agents theyd be dumb-asses to not save there money up for next seasons so now they have a great opertunity to get bosh like no other 

6/27/09   |   Pat   |   5229 respect

Scott wrote:

Is it just me or does it look like Hilton has his hand up the skirt of the lady leaning over the railing?

It looks like it... but that's not his thing.

6/27/09   |   Scott   |   51954 respect

Is it just me or does it look like Hilton has his hand up the skirt of the lady leaning over the railing?

6/27/09   |   THE_Smoot   |   70 respect

HeirToKetwerp wrote:
Come play for the Knicks, Chris.

New York basketball fans will show you all the respect you deserve!

I've never heard of such a thing.

6/27/09   |   Scott   |   51954 respect

HeirToKetwerp wrote:
Come play for the Knicks, Chris.

New York basketball fans will show you all the respect you deserve!
(Edited by Scott)

I hope you dont mean that same booing respect they showed Jordan Hill after they drafted him and continued after the ESPN guys mentioned how his mom would be proud from her place in heaven.

6/27/09   |   HeirToKetwerp   |   4 respect

Come play for the Knicks, Chris.

New York basketball fans will show you all the respect you deserve!

6/27/09   |   elevenbravo138again   |   1163 respect

Though the LeBron sweepstakes have drawn much of the attention but I am not sure if Bosh doesn't fit the Knicks team personality better, though if you get LeBron, he then becomes your team's personality.

6/27/09   |   yanksawboy   |   8 respect

wrote:
The Seattle Rapters: coming 2013.

 You mean the Seattle Suckies.

6/27/09   |   Debi_L   |   11782 respect

UGH, I'm glad I live at the other side of the country.  I wouldn't cross the street to see him.

6/27/09   |   BluDevil   |   618 respect

Pat wrote:
He's the douche with the pink hair, retarded pants, and the worst website ever. I'm not going to post a link to it, because it is pure trash.

And I think Will I Am beat him down last week too.

6/27/09   |   celticfc411   |   51 respect

I'd wanna leave too...

6/27/09   |   Pat   |   5229 respect

MrNFL wrote:
I don't know who "Perez Hilton" is, but they sound like a douche.

He's the douche with the pink hair, retarded pants, and the worst website ever. I'm not going to post a link to it, because it is pure trash.

6/27/09   |   MrNFL   |   175 respect

I don't know who "Perez Hilton" is, but they sound like a douche.