Perez confirms Real Madrid has no offer for Carlo Ancelotti yet

5/31/13 in Soccer   |   JamesSmith23   |   1413 respect

Blog Photo - Perez confirms Real Madrid has no offer for Carlo Ancelotti yet
 
A barrage of problems are in store for the new Bernabeu boss, yet no name has been confirmed yet by the Real Madrid administration. The closest they have come is the potential arrival of Paris Saint-Germain manager Carlo Ancelotti, but the Ligue 1 champions are reluctant to lose the Italian boss.
 
Interestingly, the newly re-elected Real Madrid president Florentino Perez has revealed that the club has yet to offer Paris Saint-Germain with a solid offer from Carlo Ancelotti. Reportedly, the new Sporting Director of Real Madrid Zinedine Zidane is working on this project himself.
 
Carlo Ancelotti is widely speculated to become the new boss of Bernabeu after Jose Mourinho and Real Madrid parted ways respectfully following a mutual agreement on an exit strategy. Bayern Munich’s soon-to-be ex-manager and on the cusp of retirement, Jupp Heynckes has revealed that an offer from Real Madrid could put hold on his retirement plans.
 
Jupp Heynckes, who just recently won the Champions League as part of a treble with Bayern Munich, has been a potential threat to Jose Mourinho’s job at Chelsea as well. However, Real Madrid requires a building-up job, which is why the Spanish football giants are expected to target a considerably younger coach, someone such as Carlo Ancelotti.
 
In a recent interview to Spanish newspaper COPE, Florentino Perez revealed Real Madrid had been misled on the contract situation of Carlo Ancelotti. Florentino Perez declared that Real Madrid were yet to offer Carlo Ancelotti with a contract deal.
 
“Ancelotti cannot say he has an offer from Madrid because he does not have one,” Florentino Perez said. “I wanted to bring Carlo here in 2005 and again in 2009. Now someone told us that his contract was ending this year, and that is not the truth. There are more coaches than him - a number have been in touch with us through their agents, but we have not reached any agreement with anyone. First the elections and from Tuesday we will see.”
 
Florentino Perez will be working closely Zinedine Zidane in the future, with the former Real Madrid player having the power to decide who comes in and goes from Bernabeu.
 
“Zidane will be the one in charge, the man around whom sporting matters will turn,” Florentino Perez said. “He has evolved a lot in this matter. He is very 'madridista' and the person who can best lead this project.”
Notify me by email about comments that follow mine. Preview