USA Today Preseason Coaches Poll Released
As expected, LSU, Alabama and USC make the top three in that order (although I would have it the other way around). It's a little surprising that the Tigers beat out the Tide after how the national championship played out, with both teams losing quite a bit on both sides of the ball to the NFL and graduation.
I don't think Texas, Stanford, Oklahoma State, Boise State, Florida, Notre Dame or Auburn will finish inside the Top 25 by season's end.
Washington will be a dark horse to finish as a Top 15 team this year, and it received some credit by getting 64 votes. Georgia Tech, North Carolina State, Louisville and Florida International are deserving of national attention, too.
In my opinion, the AP Poll should and will look significantly different than this one. It should be interesting to see how much things shift around this year, though, and I believe we'll have multiple No. 1 teams throughout the year.
*Ohio State is not eligible for the coaches poll due to NCAA sanctions.
2012 USA Today Preseason Coaches Poll
1. LSU Tigers (13-1 record in 2011)
2. Alabama Crimson Tide (12-1)
3. USC Trojans (10-2)
4. Oklahoma Sooners (10-3)
5. Oregon Ducks (12-2)
6. Georgia Bulldogs (10-4)
7. Florida State Seminoles (9-4)
8. Michigan Wolverines (11-2)
9. South Carolina Gamecocks (11-2)
10. Arkansas Razorbacks (11-2)
11. West Virginia Mountaineers (10-3)
12. Wisconsin Badgers (11-3)
13. Michigan State Spartans (11-3)
14. Clemson Tigers (10-4)
15. Texas Longhorns (8-5)
16. Nebraska Cornhuskers (9-4)
17. TCU Horned Frogs (11-2)
18. Stanford Cardinal (11-2)
19. Oklahoma State Cowboys (12-1)
20. Virginia Tech Hokies (11-3)
21. Kansas State Wildcats (10-3)
22. Boise State Broncos (12-1)
23. Florida Gators (7-6)
24. Notre Dame Fighting Irish (8-5)
25. Auburn Tigers (8-5)
Follow @Tyler_Waddell on Twitter