Gotta go quickly today. I overslept my normal Mass time this morning, so I had to travel more into the city for a midday Mass offered in another parish. That blew a big hole in the day, and has left me a little behind the 8-ball when it comes to time. I'm not complaining at all. My time is better spent with what I was doing over anything else, and anyway, it just so happens that it's not a very busy schedule tonight. Saints be praised!
COLLEGE HOOPS (5-4 ATS/7-2 SU/3-6 TOTALS yesterday)
BUTTA (no play yesterday)
TEXAS (+1 1/2, O138) 77, Baylor 73 - I got squeamish yesterday on the TOTAL play with the Mavs after I banked the play with the Heat, but that won't happen with this play. It will be on the OVER and not the side for this game. Baylor has all but played itself out of an invite to The Madness, and they don't play much defense. Texas has had a disappointiing season, but they've become much more lethal offensively by getting Kybongo back in their lineup. We've got plenty of "wiggle room" between the posted TOTAL (138), and the projection I have for the game. So, I'm much more comfortable.
ALL THE REST
1. KANSAS (-24 1/2, U142) 86, Texas Tech 47
2. LOUISVILLE (-10, U120 1/2) 61, Cincinnati 46
THE NBA (7-2 yesterday)
SU WINNERS (8-1 yesterday)
CAVS, Heat, BUCKS, Magic, Hawks, BLAZERS and WARRIORS
TOTALS (7-2 yesterday)
OVERS - Jazz/BUCKS (201 1/2) and Magic/HORNETS (194 1/2)
UNDERS - Knicks/CAVS (202 1/2), Heat/WOLVES (195 1/2), Hawks/NUGGETS (212), Bobcats/BLAZERS (198) and Raptors/WARRIORS (203 1/2)
BUTTA (1-0 yesterday)
Nothing to see here tonight. I'll let all these games slide on by.
ALL THE REST
1. CAVS (+2 1/2) vs. Knicks - Even though they're at the top of the Atlantic right now, the Knicks are struggling. They're only 1-9 ATS in their last 10 games and 3-7 ATS in their last 10 meetings with the Cavs, while Cleveland is 9-4 ATS in their last 13 home games. The key to this one is whether or not Kyrie Irving plays tonight for the Cavs. CAVS 97, Knicks 96
2. Heat (-9 1/2) over WOLVES - The Heat go for the franchise record for consecutive wins tonight. That doesn't mean, however, that they'll get this big number. They're certainly good enough to do so, and they've not had any problems with b2b games this season, going 5-1 in those situation when on the road. What it is, for me essentially, would be the fact that I would actually be laying doubles to get on this game, and I just won't do that. Heat 101, WOLVES 85
3. BUCKS (-4 1/2) over Jazz - I stand by my comment last week that the Jazz don't have any heart, but the Bucks are way too uneven to lay even this relatively short price when they're going against a potential playoff team from the Western Conference. BUCKS 105, Jazz 99
4. Magic (+9) at HORNETS - The Stingers are the better team by far, but they're still not good enough to where I would feel comfortable laying this many points with. HORNETS 101, Magic 96
5. Hawks (+10 1/2) at NUGGETS - The toughest b2b in the league involves going into Denver to play on a 2nd straight night. That's where the Hawks are with this game. The numbers don't look right, and I totally disagree with what they say. Fortunately, I have the luxury of my principles that won't allow me to go against my numbers and lay the doubles. Hawks 107, NUGGETS 98
6. BLAZERS (-13) over Bobcats - I think we're at a point with the 'Cats where they're automatically (+10) for every game, and then The Book adjusts upward depending on opponents and venue. BLAZERS 107, Bobcats 83
7. WARRIORS (-6) over Raptors - Scheduling keeps me from this one, but on paper, it looks like a prime spot for the Warriors. The only problem is the fact that Golden State is back for their 1st home game off a grueling road trip that saw them play 4 games in 5 nights, and this will be their 5th game in 7 nights. That's enough to keep me from getting involved even though the Dinos are only 3-14 ATS in their last 17 games against the Warriors. WARRIORS 105, Raptors 91
How about that? All done, and with almost an hour to spare! Have a great night. I'll talk to you tomorrow.