Rajon Rondo Flagrant Foul On Kirk Hinrich

You Make The Call: Should Rajon Rondo Be Suspended For His Flagrant Foul On Kirk Hinrich?

5/1/09 in NBA   |   Pat   |   5232 respect


Many people thought that Rajon Rondo got off easy after his foul to the face of Brad Miller in game 5 of the Celtics-Bulls series. Now, the dark side of Rondo has been revealed again, this time in the form of a completely blatant and unnecessary foul on Bulls guard Kirk Hinrich.

This is the last straw for a lot of folks, who think that Rondo should be suspended for this one. I'm a Celtics fan, and even I recognize that this is crossing the line. I would hate to see the Celtics have to play game 7 without the guy who has been their best player in this series, but if he doesn't get punished for this one, what happens next? Where do we draw the line? Sure, you don't want to suspend a guy for game 7 in a series that has been as tight as this one. It would be an absolute shame for a suspension to be a deciding factor in an epic series like this one. But at the same time, if he's allowed to play, then it sends the message that you can get away with pretty much anything.

Personally, I don't think this foul in and of itself is worth a suspension. But combined with his foul on Brad Miller that had many clamoring for a suspension as well, the NBA might have to do something.

What's your call? Should Rajon Rondo be suspended for Game 7?


Will Rajon Rondo Finally Be Suspended? [Fanhouse]
Notify me by email about comments that follow mine. Preview

5/2/09   |   TheSportsWiz

sbertschmann wrote:
You're absolutely right... there's no way he should be suspended. There's just no reason for it.

look overall it was a great series. The bulls just didnt bring their horns in the last game. I hope the celtics do well. but for you to agree with it is just playing basketball is just plain out stupid. I have played at a high level and no where in any league is that good basketball. you might want to go to a 101 class for agreeing on things that are agreeable. come on man you are better than that.

5/2/09   |   sbertschmann   |   24 respect

airwolfone wrote:
Are you out of you cotton picking mind suspend Rondo!!! For what ?? Playing good basketball..

You're absolutely right... there's no way he should be suspended. There's just no reason for it.

5/2/09   |   TurkogluForMVP   |   50 respect

dredizzle40 wrote:
here we go this is playoff basketball this incident is child's play to the playoffs of the 80's. those were the glory days if you came down the lane your ass was getting knocked on the floor. we have to many rules where you brush on the guy its a foul. its sickening to me how soft the NBA and NFL has become.if people think Rondo was dirty then most of the NBA all-time players were dirty. the old timers are looking at this saying this is ridiculous. i long for 80's playoff basketball!!!

The Problem is the NBA takes a stand on everyone else... not the actually foul. No blood no foul is the rules in alot of pick up games.... its not that, that really pisses everyone off. Its their team getting punished while this asshole still has a chance to run around the court. I'm pissed personally because Dwight gets a game while Rondo punches a guy in the face and then throws somebody into the table and yet he is not suspended even though BOTH of his fouls were situation-ally worse than Dwight's.

5/2/09   |   ChargerJim   |   80 respect

Rondo is a punk, cheap-shot artist....very Rodman-esque. It's too bad he has to resort to such dirty tactics because he's a good player

5/2/09   |   guylake   |   321 respect

dredizzle40 wrote:
here we go this is playoff basketball this incident is child's play to the playoffs of the 80's. those were the glory days if you came down the lane your ass was getting knocked on the floor. we have to many rules where you brush on the guy its a foul. its sickening to me how soft the NBA and NFL has become.if people think Rondo was dirty then most of the NBA all-time players were dirty. the old timers are looking at this saying this is ridiculous. i long for 80's playoff basketball!!!

Thank you for the history lesson. These were hard fouls but not on a Mahorn or McHale or Oakley level. Note: McHale wasn't really a thug but his takedown of Rambis is legend.

5/2/09   |   dredizzle40   |   21 respect

here we go this is playoff basketball this incident is child's play to the playoffs of the 80's. those were the glory days if you came down the lane your ass was getting knocked on the floor. we have to many rules where you brush on the guy its a foul. its sickening to me how soft the NBA and NFL has become.if people think Rondo was dirty then most of the NBA all-time players were dirty. the old timers are looking at this saying this is ridiculous. i long for 80's playoff basketball!!!

5/1/09   |   TurkogluForMVP   |   50 respect

dwyermaker wrote:
Another issue is that the NBA has clearly delineated rules for suspensions.  Throw a punch, come off the bench, get too many flagrants, too many techs, etc.  The fact of the matter is that Rondo has not broken any of the rules that mandate a suspension under league policy so why suspend him? This attitude that the NBA is going to devolve into the UFC from these two isolated incidents from Rondo is just paranoia.  Is Rondo toeing the line with his play, especially in the modern NBA?  Absolutely.  Should he be suspended for one of the biggest game 7's in non-NBA finals history?  Hell no.

Ok so I got a few things to say to you sir.

1) You are implying that game 7's should not have any suspensions involved? Um let me correct you on that. It doesnt matter what game it is or when it is. Preseason to the Finals. I dont care if they have had 20 OTs in one series, I would still toss this guy to calm him down and not make a mockery of the NBA.

2) The Game is the game and rondo is disrespecting it. The office can suspend you for whatever it wants. Rondo has not "broken any rules" BECAUSE THEY KEEP LETTING HIM OFF THE HOOK. If you want this to be your NBA then you dont respect this game. Period.  Oh and if you look at the tape... i believe rondo throws an elbow after hinrich pushes him.

5/1/09   |   TurkogluForMVP   |   50 respect

Chris wrote:
Why does everyone put the blame on David? Insert note: ALL FOULS reviewed by league office are lead by.... (drumroll) STU JACKSON. David Stern.

Stu Jackson Schmu Schumackson. Stern could have interjected by forcing Schmu Schumackson to take a look at it and being that the commish is advising you to take a look its a little more pressure to toss the guy.

5/1/09   |   Chris   |   3 respect

i think it is funny how the video says that Kirk Hinrich starts a fight with Rondo. LOL! Wow. Hinrich was fronting the rim for a possible long rebound, still boxing out except waaaay deep. It's Rondos fault he couldn't spin off or run around him. Also, when Hinrich was trotting back to keep Rondo from getting the ball, pulling and throwing the the scoreboard? How is that Kirk starting a fight? Where's my books... glasses... darn i put them somewhere...

5/1/09   |   Chris   |   3 respect

TurkogluForMVP wrote:
Brad Millers foul is assumed by the real basketball fans as a flagrant. That was obvious, the NBA really dropped the ball on that call.  Stern should be ashamed of himself.

Why does everyone put the blame on David? Insert note: ALL FOULS reviewed by league office are lead by.... (drumroll) STU JACKSON. David Stern.

5/1/09   |   WhoDat12   |   2252 respect

If David Stern suspends Rondo, he will have the commisioner vaporized with ONE CALL

5/1/09   |   streetballer123   |   3311 respect

This foul was definitely worse than Dwight Howard's elbow shot.

5/1/09   |   ruvian   |   17 respect

sbertschmann wrote:
i don't think he should be suspended. especially because it'd be for game 7. anyways, was i the only one that saw hinrich totally throw rondo? where's his penalty? a technical isn't enough for what he did. and rondo's foul on miller in game 5 should have been a foul, but the refs were right that he shouldn't have gotten a flagerent. he was going for the ball, not miller's face. it seemed like an accident to me. i could be wrong though.

Hey guy its called boxing out. If you played basketball not just watch it you would know the difference. It was a great box out by Kirk. Rondo let it get to him & threw him into the scorers table. Funny how he was scared of Kirk & was back stepping I was laughing my @$$ off. And if you're telling me that he was going for the ball. I bet if that play happened to you, you would think differently. The ball was never Miller's face, it was intentional. Let's ask ourselves this, if Kirk had gotten hurt when he was thrown towards the table would that force the NBA to suspend Rondo? Rondo throwing Hinrich to the scorers table was by far worse then Dwight Howard throwing an elbow to Dalembert's face. And Howard got suspended. So I guess if you play for Boston you get a pass. Stop being a homer & look at for what it is, Rondo throwing Hinrich cause he got boxed out.

5/1/09   |   TheSportsWiz

TurkogluForMVP wrote:
You are wrong. If you truely believe that Rondo was going for the ball in Millers case then you are in denial... Rondo himself admitted he was going for the hard foul. Which means "i was not going for the ball i just wanted him to go down" Miller needed stiches therefore it should be a flagrant, there is waaaay too much evidence for a flagrant and the NBA and refs got that call disgustingly wrong. Hinrich also didnt do anythign wrong except skip toward Rondo like he wanted to fight. I wouldnt be surprised if someone takes a cheapshot at Rondo some point this postseason.  How I wish Rodman was still on the bulls right now.

I agree. I wish Rodman or Oaktree Oakley was still around. It wasnt a accident at all. Just a little side note. Rhondo is bad man when he is fouling people from behind but when Hinrich started skipping towards him he didnt want any..lol

5/1/09   |   TheSportsWiz

sbertschmann wrote:
i don't think he should be suspended. especially because it'd be for game 7. anyways, was i the only one that saw hinrich totally throw rondo? where's his penalty? a technical isn't enough for what he did. and rondo's foul on miller in game 5 should have been a foul, but the refs were right that he shouldn't have gotten a flagerent. he was going for the ball, not miller's face. it seemed like an accident to me. i could be wrong though.

Yes, You are wrong. Even during the post game Rhondo stated Miller was such and such height and weight and he knew he had to foul him hard. So it wasnt a accident.

sorry for double post something went wacky!

5/1/09   |   TheSportsWiz

Yes, You are wrong. Even during the post game Rhondo stated Miller was such and such height and weight and he knew he had to foul him hard. So it wasnt a accident.

5/1/09   |   TheSportsWiz

airwolfone wrote:
Are you out of you cotton picking mind suspend Rondo!!! For what ?? Playing good basketball..

How can you call that good basketball?  When I was a kid and we played basketball at this court called the "House of Pain" that would of been a good play. But that was a "No blood no foul court" so really even there would of been a foul. There was blood. So that is not good basketball not in the House of Pain and ecspecially not the NBA!

5/1/09   |   dwyermaker   |   39 respect

Another issue is that the NBA has clearly delineated rules for suspensions.  Throw a punch, come off the bench, get too many flagrants, too many techs, etc.  The fact of the matter is that Rondo has not broken any of the rules that mandate a suspension under league policy so why suspend him? This attitude that the NBA is going to devolve into the UFC from these two isolated incidents from Rondo is just paranoia.  Is Rondo toeing the line with his play, especially in the modern NBA?  Absolutely.  Should he be suspended for one of the biggest game 7's in non-NBA finals history?  Hell no.

5/1/09   |   Gunner15Yankees

(Edited by Gunner15Yankees)

 

5/1/09   |   frenchy62   |   3 respect

Playoffs or no playoffs, Game 7 or no Game 7, the NBA should have a standard for its players and it should be enforced. Rondo has crossed the line and played thug each of the last two games of this series. He is deserving of a suspension and will have no right to complain if he gets one. Don't want to be suspended during the playoffs?? Don't do stupid stuff, then!!

5/1/09   |   TurkogluForMVP   |   50 respect

sbertschmann wrote:
i don't think he should be suspended. especially because it'd be for game 7. anyways, was i the only one that saw hinrich totally throw rondo? where's his penalty? a technical isn't enough for what he did. and rondo's foul on miller in game 5 should have been a foul, but the refs were right that he shouldn't have gotten a flagerent. he was going for the ball, not miller's face. it seemed like an accident to me. i could be wrong though.

You are wrong. If you truely believe that Rondo was going for the ball in Millers case then you are in denial... Rondo himself admitted he was going for the hard foul. Which means "i was not going for the ball i just wanted him to go down" Miller needed stiches therefore it should be a flagrant, there is waaaay too much evidence for a flagrant and the NBA and refs got that call disgustingly wrong. Hinrich also didnt do anythign wrong except skip toward Rondo like he wanted to fight. I wouldnt be surprised if someone takes a cheapshot at Rondo some point this postseason.  How I wish Rodman was still on the bulls right now.

5/1/09   |   kantwistaye   |   4211 respect

sbertschmann wrote:
i don't think he should be suspended. especially because it'd be for game 7. anyways, was i the only one that saw hinrich totally throw rondo? where's his penalty? a technical isn't enough for what he did. and rondo's foul on miller in game 5 should have been a foul, but the refs were right that he shouldn't have gotten a flagerent. he was going for the ball, not miller's face. it seemed like an accident to me. i could be wrong though.

The only time Hinrich did anything to Rondo was after he was thrown into the scorer's table.  Quite frankly, since the NBA refuses to do anything about this, Hinrich deserves a free shot at Rondo.  You just don't pull the crap he did last night.

5/1/09   |   Jubanator14   |   367 respect

sbertschmann wrote:
i don't think he should be suspended. especially because it'd be for game 7. anyways, was i the only one that saw hinrich totally throw rondo? where's his penalty? a technical isn't enough for what he did. and rondo's foul on miller in game 5 should have been a foul, but the refs were right that he shouldn't have gotten a flagerent. he was going for the ball, not miller's face. it seemed like an accident to me. i could be wrong though.

The "pushing" is called blocking out. Hinrich was blocking out Rondo and Rondo grabbed Hinrich by the arm and swung him around and threw him.

5/1/09   |   sbertschmann   |   24 respect

i don't think he should be suspended. especially because it'd be for game 7. anyways, was i the only one that saw hinrich totally throw rondo? where's his penalty? a technical isn't enough for what he did. and rondo's foul on miller in game 5 should have been a foul, but the refs were right that he shouldn't have gotten a flagerent. he was going for the ball, not miller's face. it seemed like an accident to me. i could be wrong though.

5/1/09   |   TurkogluForMVP   |   50 respect

dwyermaker wrote:

I agree that there can be a slippery slope argument if there is too much rough play allowed on a consistent basis but this just isn't the case here.  Rondo made a tough foul at the end of a game and then got a flagrant foul for a shove when Hinrich was leaning on him.  He didn't even knock Hinrich over.  I think the flagrant on that was borderline (whereas the foul on Miller was definitely flagrant).  The Hinrich flagrant did, however, put everyone back in line on the court and the rest of the game was relatively clean considering the circumstances.   The worst thing to do in this situation is for the league and/or referees to overreact (ala Suns-Spurs a couple years ago) and everyone loses out...

Hinrich didnt fall because there was a table there. And it was clearly malicious as was the Miller incident. Rondo needs to go. Hands down. Maybe the punk getting blocked at the end to lose the game was enough to his ego to calm him down and second guess everything. One more thing from Rondo this year should be a game suspension. Dwight is the nicest guy in the NBA and he gets a game for retaliating. Not right. The worst thing to do is let this go because it will spark more problems in the future as opposed to a line that is clear.

5/1/09   |   dwyermaker   |   39 respect

TurkogluForMVP wrote:

Doing that opens to door for the NBA to become a thugs paradise. Stern will face alot of garbage from the media and fans if he chooses to do that kind of stuff and now other players can fight that decision and say "but rondo did the same thing and nothing happened" Well thank you just opened to the door to punching a guy in the face while he has the ball and throwing someone into a scorers table.. Good call Stern.

I agree that there can be a slippery slope argument if there is too much rough play allowed on a consistent basis but this just isn't the case here.  Rondo made a tough foul at the end of a game and then got a flagrant foul for a shove when Hinrich was leaning on him.  He didn't even knock Hinrich over.  I think the flagrant on that was borderline (whereas the foul on Miller was definitely flagrant).  The Hinrich flagrant did, however, put everyone back in line on the court and the rest of the game was relatively clean considering the circumstances.   The worst thing to do in this situation is for the league and/or referees to overreact (ala Suns-Spurs a couple years ago) and everyone loses out...

5/1/09   |   airwolfone

Are you out of you cotton picking mind suspend Rondo!!! For what ?? Playing good basketball..

5/1/09   |   TurkogluForMVP   |   50 respect

aos035 wrote:
really I think the argument that a game is coming up is poor. I mean really, as Malcolm X said {roughly} , " Do not be so blind by patriotism that you ignore something wrong. Wrong is wrong, no matter who sais it or does it." Just because Rondo is good dosen't mean he gets to do whatever he wants.

And the thing is... hes not a star player! Which really bothers me because there are 3-4 guys just on that team that outshine Rondo. I dont understand any of the star treatment he's getting right now... Pierce, Yes. Garnett, Yes. Ray Allen, YES! But Rondo? Hell nah

5/1/09   |   aos035   |   68 respect

kantwistaye wrote:
If you throw a guy into the scorer's table you get suspended no matter who you are and what game is coming up.  That was just rediculous.

really I think the argument that a game is coming up is poor. I mean really, as Malcolm X said {roughly} , " Do not be so blind by patriotism that you ignore something wrong. Wrong is wrong, no matter who sais it or does it." Just because Rondo is good dosen't mean he gets to do whatever he wants.

5/1/09   |   TurkogluForMVP   |   50 respect

dwyermaker wrote:
This series is way too good to suspend Rondo for Game 7 and David Stern is too smart to do it.  Besides, by the same rationale that Rondo should be suspended you could argue that Hinrich should be suspended for going after Rondo once they were separated.  In a series this good with this much on the line for fans and the financially-strapped NBA, there's no way Rondo's not playing Game 7.  Let's also not forget this is Kirk Hinrich we're talking about...

Doing that opens to door for the NBA to become a thugs paradise. Stern will face alot of garbage from the media and fans if he chooses to do that kind of stuff and now other players can fight that decision and say "but rondo did the same thing and nothing happened" Well thank you just opened to the door to punching a guy in the face while he has the ball and throwing someone into a scorers table.. Good call Stern.

5/1/09   |   TurkogluForMVP   |   50 respect

Heyhey1970 wrote:
One thing is for sure... if the Bulls did lose their cool, their coach would be the last guy able to stop them.  He's a stiff.  Congrats to your Magic moving on without Howard last night, Chris. 

Thank you sir. Im pulling for the Bulls for the first time in my life its weird but It just goes to show no one likes boston sports. Good luck to your bulls tomorrow night and damn youre cubs for hitting a grand slam in the 6th to take the lead against the fish

5/1/09   |   Heyhey1970   |   194 respect

TurkogluForMVP wrote:
Heres the problem... Rondo does one more questionable thing I wouldnt be surprised if the bulls just let their team mates go and there is a team brawl. Of course this would greatly benefit me being a Magic fan... im just wishful thinking sorry

One thing is for sure... if the Bulls did lose their cool, their coach would be the last guy able to stop them.  He's a stiff.  Congrats to your Magic moving on without Howard last night, Chris. 

5/1/09   |   dwyermaker   |   39 respect

This series is way too good to suspend Rondo for Game 7 and David Stern is too smart to do it.  Besides, by the same rationale that Rondo should be suspended you could argue that Hinrich should be suspended for going after Rondo once they were separated.  In a series this good with this much on the line for fans and the financially-strapped NBA, there's no way Rondo's not playing Game 7.  Let's also not forget this is Kirk Hinrich we're talking about...

5/1/09   |   TurkogluForMVP   |   50 respect

Heyhey1970 wrote:
The best way to stop him is to win Game 7.  That's how Michael and Scottie finally overcame the "Bad Boy" Pistons.  It can be settled on the court. 

Heres the problem... Rondo does one more questionable thing I wouldnt be surprised if the bulls just let their team mates go and there is a team brawl. Of course this would greatly benefit me being a Magic fan... im just wishful thinking sorry

5/1/09   |   Heyhey1970   |   194 respect

TurkogluForMVP wrote:
I dont see how that was not a flagrant foul... isnt there a picture somewhere of Rondo's hand being closed at impact? Blood alone should indicate otherwise. Now Pierce was in the middle of a rebounding oppurtunity and that was just a mishap but Rondo did not try to get the ball.

That call will never be made at the end of a road playoff game.  The rules for "what counts" as flagrant change in that moment.  The great NBA teams (which the Bulls aren't yet) overcome those situations.

5/1/09   |   Heyhey1970   |   194 respect

TheSportsWiz wrote:
I am sure that alot of celtic fans dont want him suspended. but at the end of the day he is getting out of hand. something has to be done. bottom line!

The best way to stop him is to win Game 7.  That's how Michael and Scottie finally overcame the "Bad Boy" Pistons.  It can be settled on the court. 

5/1/09   |   TurkogluForMVP   |   50 respect

Heyhey1970 wrote:
I get that, but I know lots of "real" basketball fans who didn't call that a flagrant foul. 

I dont see how that was not a flagrant foul... isnt there a picture somewhere of Rondo's hand being closed at impact? Blood alone should indicate otherwise. Now Pierce was in the middle of a rebounding oppurtunity and that was just a mishap but Rondo did not try to get the ball.

5/1/09   |   TheSportsWiz

As everyone can see is that Rhondo is a dirty player. There is a difference between a dirty player and a cheap skate, maby i should call Rhondo a cheap skate instead. Larry,Stockton etc. were dirty players within reason. First of all even Rhondo said that he was trying to foul miller hard abecause he was a "big" guy. that is intentional. He wasnt going for the ball. With the 2nd foul against Kirk he threw him down. The league dropped the ball on the 1st one so they have to have a make up call. Not just because I am a Bulls fan because I am a basketball fan.

5/1/09   |   TheSportsWiz

Heyhey1970 wrote:
I don't want him suspended.  That's not the way for this series to end.  The end to the Suns/Spurs series a couple of years ago was ridiculous after the suspension.  I did want him tossed last night though. 

I am sure that alot of celtic fans dont want him suspended. but at the end of the day he is getting out of hand. something has to be done. bottom line!

5/1/09   |   Heyhey1970   |   194 respect

TurkogluForMVP wrote:

Hey im aware i was just playing devil advocate like i usually do.

I get that, but I know lots of "real" basketball fans who didn't call that a flagrant foul. 

5/1/09   |   TurkogluForMVP   |   50 respect

Pat wrote:
But it was ruled by the referees and the NBA as a regular foul. So he only has one flagrant foul, regardless of what anyone else might want to believe.

Hey im aware i was just playing devil advocate like i usually do.

5/1/09   |   Pat   |   5232 respect

TurkogluForMVP wrote:
Brad Millers foul is assumed by the real basketball fans as a flagrant. That was obvious, the NBA really dropped the ball on that call.  Stern should be ashamed of himself.

But it was ruled by the referees and the NBA as a regular foul. So he only has one flagrant foul, regardless of what anyone else might want to believe.

5/1/09   |   TurkogluForMVP   |   50 respect

Pat wrote:
Really? When was his first?

Brad Millers foul is assumed by the real basketball fans as a flagrant. That was obvious, the NBA really dropped the ball on that call.  Stern should be ashamed of himself.

5/1/09   |   Pat   |   5232 respect

Barc3lona wrote:
I think that Rondo should get suspended I'm not just saying that cause i am a bulls fan but because that is two flagrant fouls already!!

Really? When was his first?

5/1/09   |   marshmallowman13

I say no only because ive seen worse in an AAU basketball game!

5/1/09   |   Barc3lona

I think that Rondo should get suspended I'm not just saying that cause i am a bulls fan but because that is two flagrant fouls already!!

5/1/09   |   guylake   |   321 respect

derms33 wrote:
Rondo is not that good, and will soon be taught a lesson...guaranteed

I also define not that good as 21.5 points, 10.0 boards and 11.7 assists per game. Other not that good things: Magic Johnson, Star Wars and the Fonz.

5/1/09   |   mk_donley   |   2554 respect

I myself am a Cavaliers fan, and yes Rondo should be suspended for game 7 (He should've  been suspended for game 6 too!) Cleveland has home court throughout the playoffs. That reminds me I wonder if that idiot Stern and his idiot nba brass are Lakers fans? Oh, by the way, Stephen A. Smith, Skip Bayless, and Charles Barkley are idiots too!

5/1/09   |   TurkogluForMVP   |   50 respect

jswol54 wrote:
This.  It's bad enough we have to hear the Boston fans claim this series would have been a sweep if KG was playing.  Imagine having to deal with them if Rondo is out.

Funny thing...my buddy from Boston calls me up last night after the Rondo-Hinrich incident.  I'm watching the game with my sister's bf who happens to be from Cape Cod.  So they are obviously both Celtic fans.  Anyways, said friend from Boston claims that Hinrich initiated that scuffle and that he shoved Rondo into the scorers table.  I obviously disagree and call him blind.  So my sis's bf gets on the phone and says "dude, I'm a huge C's fan and even I'm not that big of a homer!" 

Well heres the difference... bulls would still play basketball while the "defending champs" are eating popcorn in their homes all depressed because they lost. Now here's another thing, Boston for some reason prides itself on being able to plug any guy on that team in and theyll perform... ok Rondo is out....prove it boston...prove the fact that a guy is missing is irrelevant cause youre oh so good.

5/1/09   |   Boski93   |   375 respect

What is up Rajon are looking to find a spot in the Patriots secondary?

5/1/09   |   jswol54   |   20819 respect

Heyhey1970 wrote:
I understand, but as a Bulls fan, I don't want to hear a bunch of excuses about the Bulls winning because Rondo was out.  I want his butt on the court in Game 7.

This.  It's bad enough we have to hear the Boston fans claim this series would have been a sweep if KG was playing.  Imagine having to deal with them if Rondo is out.

Funny thing...my buddy from Boston calls me up last night after the Rondo-Hinrich incident.  I'm watching the game with my sister's bf who happens to be from Cape Cod.  So they are obviously both Celtic fans.  Anyways, said friend from Boston claims that Hinrich initiated that scuffle and that he shoved Rondo into the scorers table.  I obviously disagree and call him blind.  So my sis's bf gets on the phone and says "dude, I'm a huge C's fan and even I'm not that big of a homer!" 

5/1/09   |   keppieboy   |   158 respect

 Old time hockey Eddie Shore.

5/1/09   |   Heyhey1970   |   194 respect

kantwistaye wrote:
If you throw a guy into the scorer's table you get suspended no matter who you are and what game is coming up.  That was just rediculous.

I understand, but as a Bulls fan, I don't want to hear a bunch of excuses about the Bulls winning because Rondo was out.  I want his butt on the court in Game 7.

5/1/09   |   Jubanator14   |   367 respect

Robert Horry body checks Steve Nash into the scorers table and Amare and Boris take a half step on the court and then back right up and Horry, Amare, and Boris get suspended. Rondo throws a guy into the scorers table and gets a flagrant 1 but no suspension...

The NBA: Its FANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNTASTIC

5/1/09   |   kantwistaye   |   4211 respect

If you throw a guy into the scorer's table you get suspended no matter who you are and what game is coming up.  That was just rediculous.

5/1/09   |   TurkogluForMVP   |   50 respect

Heyhey1970 wrote:
Yeah, but didn't the Magic have Game 7 at home to fall back on if they had lost last night?  I wonder what was in Rondo's head because the guy was dominating the series.  He didn't have to act like that.

Well for dwights sake yes they did. He got lucky on that part but Rondo needs to get suspended and i honestly would have been fine with him getting booted in game 6 and play game 7 but that wasnt the case. The NBA needs to be consistent or they will again have more and more scrutiny and people will have more things to talk about when it comes to the mismanaged league the nba truely is.

5/1/09   |   Heyhey1970   |   194 respect

TurkogluForMVP wrote:
But he wasnt and that was the issue with Dwights situation.

Yeah, but didn't the Magic have Game 7 at home to fall back on if they had lost last night?  I wonder what was in Rondo's head because the guy was dominating the series.  He didn't have to act like that.

5/1/09   |   fremontguy26   |   24 respect

Heyhey1970 wrote:
I don't want him suspended.  That's not the way for this series to end.  The end to the Suns/Spurs series a couple of years ago was ridiculous after the suspension.  I did want him tossed last night though. 

if he gets tossed last night, he would most likely get suspended. if no one off the nuggets got suspended for beating up chris paul that whole series rondo wont get suspended. but i fel he should get suspended he has tha chip on his shoulder that he can whtever he wants and not gonna get fined or suspended for it cause he plays for boston and they wnat boston out the 1st round. but thats my opinion

5/1/09   |   TurkogluForMVP   |   50 respect

Heyhey1970 wrote:
I don't want him suspended.  That's not the way for this series to end.  The end to the Suns/Spurs series a couple of years ago was ridiculous after the suspension.  I did want him tossed last night though. 

But he wasnt and that was the issue with Dwights situation.

5/1/09   |   Superbleeder   |   94 respect

Shouldnt matter that its a 7th game.  If the play or plays are worthy of a suspension then he shouldnt be able to play. 

5/1/09   |   Heyhey1970   |   194 respect

I don't want him suspended.  That's not the way for this series to end.  The end to the Suns/Spurs series a couple of years ago was ridiculous after the suspension.  I did want him tossed last night though. 

5/1/09   |   TurkogluForMVP   |   50 respect

derms33 wrote:
Rondo is not that good, and will soon be taught a lesson...guaranteed

If they win tomorrow and play the magic im pretty sure Dwight will elbow him in the face haha

5/1/09   |   derms33   |   17642 respect

Rondo is not that good, and will soon be taught a lesson...guaranteed

5/1/09   |   rayray3466   |   1255 respect

I totally agree with you Pat.  Good call.  NO the final game should not be decided by a suspension, but as you said where do you draw the line??  I just wonder if either of those fouls would've been on Kobe or Lebron would he have gotten suspended or thrown out then??  This is only going to lead to someone giving a hard and possibly hurting someone(regardless of star status) possibly serious.  That would be worse than a player being suspended.  I totally understand playoffs in most sports are more intense and more is let go, but this isn't headed anywhere good.  the NBA needs to step up and do something, before things really get out of hand.

5/1/09   |   TurkogluForMVP   |   50 respect

I actually liked Rondo up until this series. That being said I think it was two too many questionable decisions by Rondo. Apparently he threw an elbow and did not connect. So IMO just because you miss doesnt mean it should slide. Dwight Howard got a game for reacting to getting his spine jammed by Dalembert who proved last night he is an instigator. If the NBA doesnt do something about this... then it really does give the conspirators more solid proof that the NBA loves the Celtics. Im not one of those people but I hear that crap all the time and this wont help. He needs to sit a game. Recollect his thoughts on how to play basketball.

5/1/09   |   100%InjuryRate   |   1283 respect

I don't think this is worthy of a suspension, personally. Gotta admit though, I still find it ridiculous though that he got a flagrant for this and didn't get one when he nailed Miller in the face. You suck, NBA.