Going into the fourth, the score was 7-6 Ravens. In order, this is how the fourth quarter went:
- In the first minute, Matt Cassel hit Jerome Simpson for a score. The 2 point conversion failed, so it was 12-7 Vikings.
- Things got quiet until 2:05 left, when the Dennis Pitta caught a 1 yard pass on 4th and goal for a score. Baltimore's two point attempt succeeded, giving them a 15-12 lead.
- A mere 38 seconds later, Toby Gerhart broke through for a 41 yard touchdown. 19-15 Vikings.
- On the ensuing kickoff, Jacoby Jones took it to house. 22-19 Ravens.
- Just 31 seconds after that, Cordarelle Patterson's incredible speed took over on this 77 yard touchdown. 26-22 Vikings with 45 seconds to go.
- Starting on their own 20, the Ravens were in Minnesota territory in one play, then, helped by a DPI penalty that negated an interception, inside the 30 one play later. Then Marlon Brown made this fantastic catch in the end zone with 4 seconds left. 29-26 Ravens.