Spring has sprung? It would not seem so here in God's Country. We're right in the path of a major winter storm that is expected to drop 8+ inches of snow on us before it's over. I have to keep telling myself that it's only 1 week before baseball season starts, so it will get better around here.
It's been a stormy week for investing too. I did cash on the big number with the Buckeyes last night, but both the Griz and Lakers got ambushed by inferior opposition. We may have reached another one of those "adjustment" phases that happen from time to time with the numbers in the NBA. There's really nothing to do for it. We'll just have to ride it out and stay calm.
COLLEGE HOOPS (8-10 ATS/10-6 SU/11-7 TOTALS yesterday and 39-43/40-33/49-33 so far for the week)
The Madness (8-8/9-5/10-6 yesterday and 17-19/15-14/19-17 so far for the week)
BUTTA (1-0 last night and 1-5 so far for the week)
Butler (+1 1/2, O126) 66, Marquette 60 - I'll take the points with the Bulldogs. Marquette needed a miracle to get by Davidson on Thursday, and while Butler encountered a bit of a rough patch in their opening game, they were able to regain their composure and get control of the game. I expect this will be a real dogfight all the way, but I like the calm guidance of Coach Stevens over the sometimes bombastic approach of Coach Williams.
ALL THE REST
1. Memphis (+6, U130 1/2) 62, Michigan St. 57
2. St. Louis (-4, U124 1/2) 59, Oregon 55
3. Louisville (-10 1/2, O135) 76, Colorado St. 62
4. Harvard (+10, O133) 71, Arizona 71
5. Wichita St. (+6 1/2, U128 1/2) 56, Gonzaga 56
6. Vcu (+3 1/2, O143 1/2) 77, Michigan 73
7. Syracuse 54, Cal (+7 1/2, U125 1/2) 48
The NIT (0-2/1-1/1-1 last night and 10-9/11-8/12-7 so far for the week)
ALABAMA (-3 1/2, O128) 70, Stanford 64
The CIT (6-10/8-7/12-4 so far for the week)
BUTTA (0-3 so far for the week)
BRADLEY (-2 1/2, O144 1/2) 83, Tulane 69 - As I look over the numbers and situational data for this game, it truly does look like a mismatch. Tulane had a fairly easy time of it in their 1st round game against S. Alabama, but that was a home game. The Green Wave have been a horrible road team all season long, and I think the Braves run away with this one.
ALL THE REST
1. Rider (+4, U143 1/2) 72, E. CAROLINA 69
2. EVANSVILLE (-5, O144) 77, E. Kentucky 72
3. N. IOWA 66, Ill.-Chicago (+13, U129 1/2) 57
4. YOUNGSTOWN ST. (-2, O152) 85, Canisius 80
5. WEBER ST. (-8, U138 1/2) 70, Air Force 42 - I'm actually eyeballing this game pretty seriously. I'm just not ready to make the commitment to it yet. Possibly more to come later.
As per normal for this weekend, I'll be back later on to cover the NBA schedule as soon as the numbers are posted. Until then, enjoy!