As I reported yesterday, we got hit hard with the white stuff yesterday. It's nice to look at and all that crud, but what a job. I cranked up the blower and went to work on it when we were in the "eye" of the storm system, and I sure am glad I had it. The depth of the snow was such that it was actually coming over the top of the blower as I moved slowly through it, but it was still so much better than having to try to throw all of that around with a snow shovel.
The worst part of the whole deal was the fact that about a half hour after I finished the job, it started snowing again! It only amounted to about 3 more inches or so, but talk about frustrating. At least there was no frustration with any of last night's hoops action. The kids in the Div. I conferences take the night off tonight, so we're left with a 12 game schedule in The Association.
THE NBA (1-1 last night and 13-9 so far for the week)
SU WINNERS (2-0 last night and 14-8 so far for the week)
RAPTORS, Nuggets, Bulls, PACERS, Rockets, HAWKS, GRIZZLIES, HORNETS, THUNDER, SUNS, LAKERS and Spurs
TOTALS (1-1 last night and 13-9 so far for the week)
OVERS - Nuggets/WIZARDS (201 1/2), Rockets/NETS (207 1/2), Magic/GRIZZLIES (186), Wolves/THUNDER (205) and Blazers/LAKERS (202 1/2)
UNDERS - Knicks/RAPTORS (194), Bulls/BOBCATS (185), Pistons/PACERS (189 1/2), Kings/HAWKS (204 1/2), Mavs/HORNETS (199 1/2), Celtics/SUNS (189) and Spurs/WARRIORS (209 1/2)
BUTTA (no play last night and 2-0 so far for the week)
Bulls (-6 1/2) over BOBCATS - The 'Cats are in bad shape tonight. The Bulls are one of the best road teams in the league, and they're off a humiliating loss last night to The Champs. There will be an intensity in the Bulls game tonight that Charlotte simply won't be able to match. Bulls 97, BOBCATS 86
ALL THE REST
1. RAPTORS (+2) vs. Knicks - I would think the Dinos are in the same kind of spot that the Bobcats are tonight. The Knicks were totally blown out by the Pacers a couple nights ago, so they should be fully focused tonight. The only problem is that the Raptors are not a walkover anymore, and the dog is 12-3 in the last 15 games in this series. RAPTORS 102, Knicks 89
2. WIZARDS (+3 1/2) vs. Nuggets - We're at a point with the Wiz right now where it looks like things might be starting to level off for them. The Nugs will severely test their resolve, but there's a question as to whether of not Ty Lawson will be available for Denver tonight. Nuggets 102, WIZARDS 101
3. PACERS (-9 1/2) over Pistons - The only question here is here is how seriously the Pacers take this game. This is the 1st of a b2b home and home with the Pistons this weekend, so we'll see. PACERS 96, Pistons 80
4. Rockets (+1 1/2) at NETS - This one sets up very well for the Rocks, but they might have shot themselves in the foot for this game because of their trade deadline moves yesterday. Houston is 7-1 ATS in their last 8 games, 7-2 ATS in their last 9 games at the Nets and 9-3 ATS in the last 12 games in this series. Being shorthanded will keep me off the Rocks though. Rockets 118, NETS 108
5. HAWKS (-8) over Kings - The favorite in this series in 10-4 in the last 14 meetings, but that would mean having to lay a lot of points with the Hawks to get behind that. No, thanks! But of course, the Kings aren't any bargain either. HAWKS 110, Kings 91
6. GRIZZLIES (-14) over Magic - The Magic are beat up and weak, and it looks like they might have given up on the season now. Even so, I won't stray from principles to lay the doubles. GRIZZLIES 112, Magic 93
7. HORNETS (+2) vs. Mavs - The Mavs were playing great before the break and totally annihilated the Blazers on Wednesday night. They're 17-5 ATS in their last 22 games overall, but there's mixed signals here. The dog is 9-2 ATS in the last 11 games in this series, and the Mavs are also only 3-8 in their last 11 games against the Hornets. HORNETS 94, Mavs 92
8. THUNDER (-13 1/2) over Wolves - Looks enough like this should be a rout, but wouldn't give a 2nd thought to laying the doubles anyway. So, why waste a lot of time on this one. THUNDER 121, Wolves 99
9. SUNS (+2) vs. Celtics - The Celts are 7-3 ATS in their last 10 games in Phoenix, and the road team is 14-6 ATS in the last 20 games in this series. The numbers I have don't agree with the trending data though. SUNS 90, Celtics 89
10. LAKERS (-9 1/2) over Blazers - Too rich for my blood. The Lakers coasted on Wednesday night, and the Blazers look like they've lost their grip. LAKERS 121, Blazers 108
11. Spurs (-3) over WARRIORS - I don't know how you go against the Spurs. They're 6-1 on this year's "Rodeo Trip". They're also 10-2 in their last 12 against the Warriors, and the favorite is 20-6 in the last 26 games in this series. There's just no wiggle room between this spread and my projection for the game. Spurs 105, WARRIORS 102
There we go, sports fans! Have a great Friday, be careful out there tonight and I'll see you again tomorrow.