Sorry for using the Justin Bieber title for today's post, but I was flipping through channels this morning and saw something about him collapsing on stage last night in London. I didn't hang around to hear the whole story. Either the kid was on dope or he was ill. If it was indeed the latter, could that be what they mean by "Bieber Fever"? HA!
THE NBA (1-1 last night and 21-14 so far for the week)
SU WINNERS (0-2 last night and 25-8 so far for the week)
Thunder, Pacers, Mavs, Grizzlies, CELTICS, Wizards, HEAT, BULLS, SPURS, KINGS, LAKERS and WARRIORS
TOTALS (1-1 last night and 25-10 so far for the week)
OVERS - Thunder/BOBCATS (204 1/2), Suns/KINGS (207) and Raptors/LAKERS (207)
UNDERS - Pacers/MAGIC (187 1/2), Mavs/PISTONS (200), Grizzlies/CAVS (187 1/2), Hawks/CELTICS (188 1/2), Wizards/NETS (183), 76ers/HEAT (194 1/2), Jazz/BULLS (185), Blazers/SPURS (202) and Rockets/WARRIORS (221 1/2)
BUTTA (no play last night and 2-0 so far for the week)
BULLS (-185) over Jazz - It was between the Bulls and the Mavs as to which team was going to get my money in The Association tonight. The Mavs are on the road. The Bulls are at home. That should be enough said on that, but the reason I won't lay the (-4) hung on Chicago is twofold: The Jazz will throw a lot of big bodies at the Bulls, and Chicago is having trouble covering numbers at home. We've seen how the Bulls can't run with the big dogs in the league. Utah isn't one of those, so this should be a bounce back spot for Chicago off their loss to the Spurs on Wednesday night. BULLS 98, Jazz 85
ALL THE REST
1. Thunder (-14) over BOBCATS - OkC squeaked one out last night against the Knicks. It won't be so difficult for them tonight. Thunder 112, BOBCATS 95
2. Pacers (-9) over MAGIC - The Pacers are the only possible way to look for this game, but they do have the big showdown with the Heat coming up on Sunday. Pacers 111, MAGIC 76
3. Mavs (-4) over PISTONS - The Mavs are 9-2 ATS in their last 11 road games, and the road team is 6-2 ATS in the last 8 games in this series. Dallas has fallen off a little recently, but the Pistons have lost 6 of their last 7 games. Mavs 100, PISTONS 80
4. Grizzlies (-6) over CAVS - Be very careful here. The Griz may be the better team, but they're also only 1-10 ATS in their last 11 games against the Cavs, while Cleveland is 7-2 ATS in their last 9 games. Grizzlies 93, CAVS 83
5. CELTICS (-4) over Hawks - The Celts usually get the Hawks' best shot, and the trending data backs Atlanta for this game. The dog is 9-3 in the last 12 games in this series, and the road team is also 8-3 ATS in the last 11 meetings. As you know, though, I don't trust the Hawks. CELTICS 90, Hawks 83
6. Wizards (+6) at NETS - The projection for this game doesn't look right, but I'm not going to argue with it either. Wizards 91, NETS 83
7. 76ers (+13 1/2) vs. HEAT - I was off by one game on Wednesday night when I called for the Heat to be looking past the Magic. It ended up working out right, but the Heat are definitely in the look ahead spot tonight with the Pacers coming in on Sunday. HEAT 101, 76ers 92
8. SPURS (-11 1/2) over Blazers - The Blazers usually give the Spurs a pretty good tussle...when the game is in Portland. I expect the home team to roll right along here. SPURS 114, Blazers 88
9. Suns (+7) at KINGS - YAWN! KINGS 115, Suns 110
10. LAKERS (-7 1/2) over Raptors - It really was an amazing comeback on Wednesday by the Lakers. They're finally back over .500 for the year, but I'm not convinced they should be laying this kind of number yet. LAKERS 117, Raptors 101
11. WARRIORS (-2) over Rockets - There's a lot of conflicting numbers for this matchup. The Warriors are only 4-11 ATS in their last 15 games but the favorite is 8-2 in the last 10 games in this series. Put that with the fact that the Rocks are 6-2 ATS in their last 8 games against the Warriors, and you've got a real poser here. WARRIORS 110, Rockets 104
COLLEGE HOOPS (5-4 ATS/7-2 SU/5-4 TOTALS last night and 37-27/45-19/34-30 so far for the week)
An interesting situation last night in San Jose when the game between Tex.-San Antonio and San Jose St. was cancelled due to a leaky roof. Don't think I've ever seen that one before. And in case you're interested, there's no plan to make the game up.
BUTTA (1-0 last night and 4-1 so far for the week)
BOWLING GREEN (-2 1/2, O126 1/2) 74, Buffalo 62 - It's Senior Night for BGSU, and this game could have huge implications for both teams. The winner could actually find themselves with a bye into the 2nd round of the MAC tourney next week. The Bulls beat the Falcons in Buffalo by 3 points earlier this season, so I like the revenge factor, the Senior Night element and the importance of the game all sitting on BGSU's side. I also like that the Falcons are 7-3 ATS in their last 10 home games.
ALL THE REST
1. SETON HALL 67, Rutgers (+4, U131 1/2) 64
2. AKRON 73, Kent St. (+9 1/2, O137 1/2) 65 - Be careful here. Akron's starting PG was arrested for DUI this week and will be missing this game.
3. W. Kentucky (-11 1/2, O135) 95, La.-Monroe 76
4. N. Texas (-2 1/2, U144) 68, Louisiana 64
5. Fla.-Atlantic (-2 1/2, U123) 65, Troy St. 54
In case you were wondering why those last 3 college games don't show a home team, it's because they're neutral site games with the Sun Belt tourney kicking off tonight in Hot Springs, Arkansas. Have a great Friday. Be careful out there tonight, and I'll see you again tomorrow for the last regular season Saturday of the college hoops season.