Take It To The Limit
So, the starting pitching helps. It also doesn't hurt that Detroit can bludgeon an opponent with their offense more than just occasionally, but I hate to tell you Tiger fans: That bullpen is going to cost you a run to the World Series. You know it deep down. The Tigers can't match up with the A's or the Rays when it comes to late inning stoppers, and that's why I think it's going to be one of those 2 teams that will be facing the N.L. representative in the Fall Classic.
THE SHOW (3-1 last night and 6-3 so far for the week)
BUTTA (1-1 last night and 1-3 so far for the week)
1. Rays (Moore -120) over YANKEES (KURODA) - It looks like a premium pitching matchup, but Kuroda has been very shaky in the 2nd half. It's not going to be easy by any means, but the Yanks season should end for all intents and purposes tonight.
2. ORIOLES (TILLMAN -165) over Blue Jays (Redmond) - The O's are dead in the water too after letting that game get away yesterday in Tampa, but they get back home tonight with their ace on the mound. They should keep hope alive for one more night.
ON THE CUTTING ROOM FLOOR
1. Nationals (Gonzalez +125) over CARDINALS (WACHA) - Gio is one of the better pitchers in the game right now, but the Nats are toast for this year. The Redbirds are still going for the division title. That doesn't mean they'll win the game, but I wonder where the Nats get their motivation from.
2. Tigers (Fister -190) over TWINS (DIAMOND) - The Tigers next win, or an Indians loss, will clinch the division, but this team just didn't look right last night. I'm wondering if they're caught up in their own talent and the inevitability of their situation. Fister's splits on the road have never been very good, but the Twinks are only 2-9 this season when Diamond starts at home. Proceed at your own risk.
RUN-(NING) LINES (8-4 ATS/7-5 SU/6-6 TOTALS last night and 12-16/12-12/14-14 so far for the week)
1. Blue Jays (+1 1/2, U8) at ORIOLES
2. White Sox (+1 1/2, U8) at INDIANS
3. YANKEES (+1 1/2, O7) vs. Rays
4. Tigers (-1 1/2, U8 1/2) over TWINS
5. Athletics (-1 1/2, O8) over ANGELS
6. Royals (-1 1/2, U7) over MARINERS
7. RANGERS (-1 1/2, U8) over Astros
8. Brewers (+1 1/2, U7 1/2) at BRAVES
9. CUBS (+1 1/2, U7) vs. Pirates
10. MARLINS (-1 1/2, U7 1/2) over Phillies
11. Mets (+1 1/2, U7 1/2) at REDS
12. Nationals (+1 1/2, U7) at CARDINALS
13. D-Backs (+1 1/2, U6 1/2) at PADRES
14. Dodgers (+1 1/2, U6 1/2) at GIANTS
15. Red Sox (-1 1/2, O9 1/2) over ROCKIES
I don't know. It sure seems like this was a very quick post today. Nothing wrong with that. I just hope the games cooperate and come through the way they're "supposed" to. Have a great day. I'll talk to you tomorrow.