The greatest names in sports
1. God'sgift Achiuwa - He's a Nigerian-born basketball player who is currently a senior at St. Johns. And that's his real name and the same spelling used on the St. John's athletic website, apostrophe and all.
2. McWisdom Badejo - plays Center for Florida A&M university
3. Uranius Johnson - played WR at Marshall in the mid 2000's
4. Picabo Street - Olympic skier. Here's one of my favorite lame jokes: Did you hear about that Olympic skier that donated a new wing to the local hospital? They're going to call it the Picabo I.C.U.
5. Peerless Price - played WR for the Bills, Falcons, and Cowboys. He was a good player, but certainly not peerless, despite what his parents may believe.
6. God Shammgod - played guard at Providence. He was drafted by the Washington Wizards in 1997 and played one year in the NBA.
7. Coco Crisp - plays center field for the Oakland A's. He's been around long enough and he's a good enough player that his name doesn't even seem that weird anymore. But then you remember that, in fact, it's a ridiculous name and he has a ridiculous afro.
8. Bak Bak - Originally from Sudan. He played forward for the Cal men's basketball team.
9. JaDaveon Clowney - defensive end for South Carolina and likely top pick in next year's NFL draft. Here's another example of how we get used to hearing even the weirdest names and eventually they don't seem weird anymore. That is, until your friend that doesn't know anything about sports asks you who that guy on the screen is and you say his name out loud.
10. Ruben Boumtje Boumtje - Orginially from Cameroon. Played center at Georgetown and was drafted in the second round by Portland. He played sparingly in the NBA and then played in Europe before retiring in 2011.