Tim Tebow and the Broncos defeat the New York Jets

Tim Tebow wins again: luck or skill?

11/18/11 in NFL   |   Dan_B   |   1067 respect

You've probably heard that TIm Tebow won again last night, this time in dramatic fashion. Tebow scrambled 20 yards into the end zone in the final minute of the game to give Denver a 17-13 win over the New York Jets. Tebow is now 4-1 on the season as a starter.

But is his success luck or skill? I am not the first, nor will I be the last person to pose this question. Tebow is quite possibly the most talked about quarterback in the NFL--and was so even before he became the Broncos stater in week seven. Tebow presents a unique attraction to sports fans due to his collegiate success at Florida, his unorthodox (to say the least) throwing style and of course his religious fervor. Some people find him inspiring, others are disgusted by him and what he stands for (recall the pro-life ad at last year's Super Bowl)

There is no denying the Broncos have played better with Tebow at the helm. The team was 1-4 before he started and is 4-1 with him starting. But is Tebow getting lucky?

In those four wins Denver's defense has given up just 15, 24, 10 and 13 points respectively. The one time the Bronco defense did slip up, against the Lions, the team got stomped 45-10. Only once has Tebow led the offense to 20-plus points. Last week in a victory over the Kansas City Chiefs Tebow completed only two passes the entire game. 

On the other side of the argument is the passion that Tebow brings to the team. He is a relentless leader, and some might say he is willing his under-talented team to victory. Denver is running a very *different* offense, but it is working well enough right now, and inexplicably, Denver is in the AFC West race and Tim Tebow could be a playoff quarterback. 

But is he lucky or is he the real deal? Where do you lean?
Notify me by email about comments that follow mine. Preview

12/4/11   |   scquwi1   |   1227 respect

Pat wrote:
 Let's see if you're still around here long enough to admit you're wrong.

Yea OK, I wont have to worry about being wrong. AS for being around long enough, I do not plan on going anywhere. 

12/4/11   |   Pat   |   5232 respect

scquwi1 wrote:
HAHAHAHA Tebow will show you that the joke is on you, past the 2 years mark.

 Let's see if you're still around here long enough to admit you're wrong.

12/4/11   |   scquwi1   |   1227 respect

Pat wrote:
It is a great joke. Just like the idea that Tim Tebow can be a successful NFL QB for more than a season or two. Also a great joke.

HAHAHAHA Tebow will show you that the joke is on you, past the 2 years mark.

12/3/11   |   Pat   |   5232 respect

scquwi1 wrote:
BLAH Blah, if he cannot throw how did he get 308 yards passing???? No my logic does not fail, You want to talk about 44% completetion, I could break down barney style for you. Still I believe it will be over your head.
Come on stay with the class...I said Manning is better then Tebow, More intelligent way? you are a funny one hahahahaha  In the right system not throwing a ball...hahahahahaha, that is a great joke. hahahahahahaha

It is a great joke. Just like the idea that Tim Tebow can be a successful NFL QB for more than a season or two. Also a great joke.

12/1/11   |   scquwi1   |   1227 respect

Pat wrote:
 Your lack of coherence makes for difficult discussion. Also, your logic fails. If you'd really like to compare Tebow's stats with Manning over a 1-game period with a common opponent, then go ahead. A more intelligent way to do it would be to look at their career completion percentage, where I'm sure you'd find that Manning wins by a landslide (Manning's completion percentage is 18 points higher).

The right system for Tebow is one in which he doesn't have to throw the ball at all. Like... when he's a running back or a tight end. That's the right system for him.

BLAH Blah, if he cannot throw how did he get 308 yards passing???? No my logic does not fail, You want to talk about 44% completetion, I could break down barney style for you. Still I believe it will be over your head.
Come on stay with the class...I said Manning is better then Tebow, More intelligent way? you are a funny one hahahahaha  In the right system not throwing a ball...hahahahahaha, that is a great joke. hahahahahahaha

12/1/11   |   scquwi1   |   1227 respect

(Edited by scquwi1)

 

11/25/11   |   Pat   |   5232 respect

scquwi1 wrote:
Yeah 44% 16/36 for 205 yards. You are stuck on the 44%, with 4 passes that were dropped he would have had him at 55%. Playing the percentage game he threw for 55% against the Texans and Manning only threw 57%, am I saying he is in Manning class, no of course not, but looking at the percentage of what what he threw is misleading, and you cannot judge a QB solely on stats.  I am saying he call throw the ball and complete passes, in the right system. What change from last year to this year????

 Your lack of coherence makes for difficult discussion. Also, your logic fails. If you'd really like to compare Tebow's stats with Manning over a 1-game period with a common opponent, then go ahead. A more intelligent way to do it would be to look at their career completion percentage, where I'm sure you'd find that Manning wins by a landslide (Manning's completion percentage is 18 points higher).

The right system for Tebow is one in which he doesn't have to throw the ball at all. Like... when he's a running back or a tight end. That's the right system for him.

11/23/11   |   scquwi1   |   1227 respect

Pat wrote:
"when you can tell me how a QB could throw against the best defense last year, and then this year tell me he cannot pass, I will listen" 

Exactly which defense are you referring to? Last year it was the Chargers... and he only completed 44% of his passes against them. So unless there's something else going on, I have no idea what you're talking about.

Yeah 44% 16/36 for 205 yards. You are stuck on the 44%, with 4 passes that were dropped he would have had him at 55%. Playing the percentage game he threw for 55% against the Texans and Manning only threw 57%, am I saying he is in Manning class, no of course not, but looking at the percentage of what what he threw is misleading, and you cannot judge a QB solely on stats.  I am saying he call throw the ball and complete passes, in the right system. What change from last year to this year????

11/23/11   |   Pat   |   5232 respect

scquwi1 wrote:
LOL... are you serious in the things you say?? There is no excuses just fact. when you can tell me how a QB could throw against the best defense last year, and then this year tell me he cannot pass, I will listen. The only answer different systems and your boy John Elway has said, "I can't compare quarterbacks as apples and oranges in my mind because every body's in a different system."
Tebow does not fit the system he wants in Denver, not that Tebow cannot play, just as Vince Young given the chance to play with a team that wants him, both will be able to make it as NFL QBs. As for Young he sat behind Montana because the Bucs believe he was a bust and could not make it as a NFL QB.... then a team and coach with faith in him gave him a chance.

"when you can tell me how a QB could throw against the best defense last year, and then this year tell me he cannot pass, I will listen" 

Exactly which defense are you referring to? Last year it was the Chargers... and he only completed 44% of his passes against them. So unless there's something else going on, I have no idea what you're talking about.

11/22/11   |   scquwi1   |   1227 respect

Pat wrote:
 It's all good. Let's just wait and see. I have a feeling that it won't take very long for one of us to be proven wrong.

Just keep lining up your excuses, so when Tebow's inevitable failure arrives, you can have someone or something to blame it on.

LOL... are you serious in the things you say?? There is no excuses just fact. when you can tell me how a QB could throw against the best defense last year, and then this year tell me he cannot pass, I will listen. The only answer different systems and your boy John Elway has said, "I can't compare quarterbacks as apples and oranges in my mind because every body's in a different system."
Tebow does not fit the system he wants in Denver, not that Tebow cannot play, just as Vince Young given the chance to play with a team that wants him, both will be able to make it as NFL QBs. As for Young he sat behind Montana because the Bucs believe he was a bust and could not make it as a NFL QB.... then a team and coach with faith in him gave him a chance.

11/21/11   |   Pat   |   5232 respect

scquwi1 wrote:
People said the same that Randall could not play in the NFL or would last long because he ran. For back then it was a lot your right now a days it is not, but that is showing how that QB has change over the last 20 years.
 
Vick first 2 game as a starter 4/12 32 yards 33.3% completion 12/40 176 yards 40 % completion.
Tebow first 2 games as a starter 8/16 138 yards 50% completion 16/29 308 yards 55.3 completion so to sit and say he cannot throw is ridiculous and that he only has a unique set of skills as if he could only run is beyond that. Why is it that under McDaniels Tebow was more of a throwing QB then a running one?

The ability and knowledge has a direct correlation in evaluating someone trying to play that position, more so then a fan who has not been there or has not developed a NFL QB.

Vick 10 times better thrower is laughable, I will agree he is a better passer but no way 10 times. Vick also had people who wanted him and worked with him.

Like I said when you can tell me why Tebow was a passing QB last season in his 3 games and did well, how are you going to say he cannot throw.  go back to the games play by play and see how many passes should have been caught compare to flat out misses by Tebow and you will see the ones that should have been caught outnumber the ones he over threw.

Wild Cat offense those QBs could play in the west coast offense, as for the wild cat teams have use a form of it since at least 2005 in the NFL.

When you develop a NFL QB you then may have some merit on determining who can play in the NFL

 It's all good. Let's just wait and see. I have a feeling that it won't take very long for one of us to be proven wrong.

Just keep lining up your excuses, so when Tebow's inevitable failure arrives, you can have someone or something to blame it on.

11/21/11   |   Pat   |   5232 respect

ElvisinGA wrote:
LOL, I don't have too...Young sit the bench for years and was only able to pull one SB out on his own and that was largely due to Dallas having that lame duck idiot on the sidelines.  He was a nobody in Tampa, who had about equal talent to what Elway had in the mid 80's.

Steve Young sat on the bench behind Joe Montana, the greatest QB of all time, and you're going to hold that against him?

Yeah... this conversation is over.

11/21/11   |   scquwi1   |   1227 respect

Pat wrote:
1) The ability to play QB is not directly proportional to the ability to evaluate other people who attempt to play QB.

2) I have no idea what you're trying to say about Randall Cunningham, but your numbers sound ridiculous. 100 yards in a season isn't a lot at all, so that's nothing special.

3) Michael Vick is 10 times the passer that Tim Tebow will ever be.

4) Look at the Wildcat offense, and how long that lasted before people figured it out. The same will happen with Tebow. He has a unique set of skills, and it has allowed him to enjoy occasional success. Once teams get a little more tape on him, that will be over.

People said the same that Randall could not play in the NFL or would last long because he ran. For back then it was a lot your right now a days it is not, but that is showing how that QB has change over the last 20 years.
 
Vick first 2 game as a starter 4/12 32 yards 33.3% completion 12/40 176 yards 40 % completion.
Tebow first 2 games as a starter 8/16 138 yards 50% completion 16/29 308 yards 55.3 completion so to sit and say he cannot throw is ridiculous and that he only has a unique set of skills as if he could only run is beyond that. Why is it that under McDaniels Tebow was more of a throwing QB then a running one?

The ability and knowledge has a direct correlation in evaluating someone trying to play that position, more so then a fan who has not been there or has not developed a NFL QB.

Vick 10 times better thrower is laughable, I will agree he is a better passer but no way 10 times. Vick also had people who wanted him and worked with him.

Like I said when you can tell me why Tebow was a passing QB last season in his 3 games and did well, how are you going to say he cannot throw.  go back to the games play by play and see how many passes should have been caught compare to flat out misses by Tebow and you will see the ones that should have been caught outnumber the ones he over threw.

Wild Cat offense those QBs could play in the west coast offense, as for the wild cat teams have use a form of it since at least 2005 in the NFL.

When you develop a NFL QB you then may have some merit on determining who can play in the NFL

11/21/11   |   kobe_lova   |   61461 respect

ElvisinGA wrote:
I was being lazy, just repling to the news feed on my page...

Yes, I can see you now at 3 flippin off Elway when said he'd go play baseball if the Colts drafted him.

Yes, I'm sure you were saying that and all these years later, you're STILL WRONG.

I ain't skeerd (sp?)  Just hit 75 S till you fell greatness and there I'll be. :)
(Edited by kobe_lova)

ugh. lol





(on your page, you hit reply under the other person's comment not above. The more you know...)

11/21/11   |   ElvisinGA   |   2943 respect

kobe_lova wrote:
Um hon, First, stop talking to yourself when you're trying to insult me. Second, I knew all of that, hence the I was potty trained already comment. I was 3. Big girl panties...even then. I'm saying you are wrong about...well...basically everything you've said about Elway's "greatness" especially about him being better than Young. Third, I told you to shut your face already! Don't make me come over there!

I was being lazy, just repling to the news feed on my page...

Yes, I can see you now at 3 flippin off Elway when said he'd go play baseball if the Colts drafted him.

Yes, I'm sure you were saying that and all these years later, you're STILL WRONG.

I ain't skeerd (sp?)  Just hit 75 S till you fell greatness and there I'll be. :)

11/21/11   |   kobe_lova   |   61461 respect

ElvisinGA wrote:
He came in the same time Dan did, same time Kelly did (only Kelly opted for the USFL). John was the #1 pick of the great QB draft of 83. Honey it's okay...most should just shut up and listen when I talk sports, it's better in the long run and you learn something in the process. :)

Um hon, First, stop talking to yourself when you're trying to insult me. Second, I knew all of that, hence the I was potty trained already comment. I was 3. Big girl panties...even then. I'm saying you are wrong about...well...basically everything you've said about Elway's "greatness" especially about him being better than Young. Third, I told you to shut your face already! Don't make me come over there!

11/21/11   |   ElvisinGA   |   2943 respect

ElvisinGA wrote:
Sure they are up there...he played in a system that made Sonny Bono, Elvis Gerbac, and a few other lame ducks millions on contracts after playing in it. Born in the middle, which means you were sticking your hand in your pampers and smelling it till the decade was almost over. I know it's impossible for some to understand that opinions can be wrong but yours young lady has been stricken from the record. :)

He came in the same time Dan did, same time Kelly did (only Kelly opted for the USFL). John was the #1 pick of the great QB draft of 83. Honey it's okay...most should just shut up and listen when I talk sports, it's better in the long run and you learn something in the process. :)

11/21/11   |   kobe_lova   |   61461 respect

ElvisinGA wrote:
Sure they are up there...he played in a system that made Sonny Bono, Elvis Gerbac, and a few other lame ducks millions on contracts after playing in it. Born in the middle, which means you were sticking your hand in your pampers and smelling it till the decade was almost over. I know it's impossible for some to understand that opinions can be wrong but yours young lady has been stricken from the record. :)

For the record, by the time stupid elway entered the league, I was potty trained! As to the rest of it, I will simply say UGH! and You're wrong.

11/21/11   |   ElvisinGA   |   2943 respect

ElvisinGA wrote:
Honey, Boomer and Randell? Really...You're not even old enough to talk about football played in the 80's, much less determine who was better. :)

Sure they are up there...he played in a system that made Sonny Bono, Elvis Gerbac, and a few other lame ducks millions on contracts after playing in it. Born in the middle, which means you were sticking your hand in your pampers and smelling it till the decade was almost over. I know it's impossible for some to understand that opinions can be wrong but yours young lady has been stricken from the record. :)

11/21/11   |   Joe_L   |   12372 respect

PS- The thought of putting Elway over Young is wrong on many levels.


Go Tesus!

11/21/11   |   kobe_lova   |   61461 respect

Joe_L wrote:
1780* 

fixed

...

11/21/11   |   kobe_lova   |   61461 respect

richard_cranium wrote:
 That is ironic since OMD was born in the 1880's!

That made me laugh. I detest you.

11/21/11   |   Joe_L   |   12372 respect

1780* 

fixed

11/21/11   |   richard_cranium   |   17672 respect

kobe_lova wrote:
HEY!! I was born in that decade, I've always watched football, and I remember it, especially the players I hated/hate. You shut your face!


(And on my 80s list, Young really doesn't belong.. but if you are speaking about them as qb's in general, I really can't believe you just said that. Really?! Without even checking, I'm guessing Young's #'s were much better? You appall me right now.)

 That is ironic since OMD was born in the 1880's!

11/21/11   |   kobe_lova   |   61461 respect

ElvisinGA wrote:
Honey, Boomer and Randell? Really...You're not even old enough to talk about football played in the 80's, much less determine who was better. :)

HEY!! I was born in that decade, I've always watched football, and I remember it, especially the players I hated/hate. You shut your face!


(And on my 80s list, Young really doesn't belong.. but if you are speaking about them as qb's in general, I really can't believe you just said that. Really?! Without even checking, I'm guessing Young's #'s were much better? You appall me right now.)

11/21/11   |   ElvisinGA   |   2943 respect

ElvisinGA wrote:
Never at any point in there careers, hell you could combine Boomer and Randell and that QB still couldn't carry Elways jock.

Honey, Boomer and Randell? Really...You're not even old enough to talk about football played in the 80's, much less determine who was better. :)

11/21/11   |   ElvisinGA   |   2943 respect

Pat wrote:
Steve Young is 10 times the QB Elway could ever dream of being. Feel free to try and prove otherwise.

LOL, I don't have too...Young sit the bench for years and was only able to pull one SB out on his own and that was largely due to Dallas having that lame duck idiot on the sidelines.  He was a nobody in Tampa, who had about equal talent to what Elway had in the mid 80's.

11/21/11   |   kobe_lova   |   61461 respect

richard_cranium wrote:
 Let me summarizer for you, Elway good/OMD over-ratted. there you go done.

I don't know why people are talking about Brett.... Who overrates Brett? Everyone hates him but me.

Let me summarize: Elway sucks.

11/21/11   |   richard_cranium   |   17672 respect

kobe_lova wrote:
I didn't even read that. Did you not see me say that I can not be reasoned with on this subject? I can not hear you at all. BOOOO!

 Let me summarizer for you, Elway good/OMD over-ratted. there you go done.

11/21/11   |   Pat   |   5232 respect

ElvisinGA wrote:
Boomer, Randell, Kelly and Young, who rode the bench except for his time in Tampa and USFL should never be mentioned in the same breath with John.

Steve Young is 10 times the QB Elway could ever dream of being. Feel free to try and prove otherwise.

11/21/11   |   kobe_lova   |   61461 respect

ElvisinGA wrote:
Never at any point in there careers, hell you could combine Boomer and Randell and that QB still couldn't carry Elways jock.

You, my friend, are delusional.

11/21/11   |   ElvisinGA   |   2943 respect

Marino is the only one that you can even put in the same class.

11/21/11   |   ElvisinGA   |   2943 respect

kobe_lova wrote:
They shouldn't because they were better.

Never at any point in there careers, hell you could combine Boomer and Randell and that QB still couldn't carry Elways jock.

11/21/11   |   kobe_lova   |   61461 respect

ElvisinGA wrote:
Boomer, Randell, Kelly and Young, who rode the bench except for his time in Tampa and USFL should never be mentioned in the same breath with John.

They shouldn't because they were better.

11/21/11   |   ElvisinGA   |   2943 respect

kobe_lova wrote:
In the 80s? Off the top of my head....Montana, Marino, Boomer, Moon, Cunningham, Kelly, I can put Young on that list though he was later. I think all of them were good then. I'm sure I'm forgetting people, but that's really enough, isn't it?

Boomer, Randell, Kelly and Young, who rode the bench except for his time in Tampa and USFL should never be mentioned in the same breath with John.

11/21/11   |   kobe_lova   |   61461 respect

ElvisinGA wrote:

Sorry folks but you Elway basher need to hit the books...Elway carried 3 HORRIBLE teams to the SB back in the 80's. Until Manning, no one player had to do for a team what John did for Denver.  He never even at a PRO BOWL WR till Miller in 1991.

He had a HC that fought him at every turn and the biggest reason he had to come back to save their a** so many times is because Dan wanted to run, run, run, and then run again.

Elway is far from OVER-RATED...Brett, hell yeah he's over-rated but not John.

I didn't even read that. Did you not see me say that I can not be reasoned with on this subject? I can not hear you at all. BOOOO!

11/21/11   |   kobe_lova   |   61461 respect

scquwi1 wrote:
LOL, OK he sucked. I would like to know who was good then?

In the 80s? Off the top of my head....Montana, Marino, Boomer, Moon, Cunningham, Kelly, I can put Young on that list though he was later. I think all of them were good then. I'm sure I'm forgetting people, but that's really enough, isn't it?

11/21/11   |   kobe_lova   |   61461 respect

Pat wrote:
Honestly, the stats don't favor Elway at all. He averaged less than 20 TD's per season, and really only had 1 outstanding season. He never really led the league in any significant stats more than once, and his Super Bowl wins came largely due to Terrell Davis. He still doesn't suck, but he's not the top 10 all-time QB that a lot of people make him out to be. If it weren't for Davis, Elway would have been forgotten by now.

So, I agree...except for the suckage part.

11/21/11   |   ElvisinGA   |   2943 respect

kobe_lova wrote:
John Elway sucked.

Sorry folks but you Elway basher need to hit the books...Elway carried 3 HORRIBLE teams to the SB back in the 80's. Until Manning, no one player had to do for a team what John did for Denver.  He never even at a PRO BOWL WR till Miller in 1991.

He had a HC that fought him at every turn and the biggest reason he had to come back to save their a** so many times is because Dan wanted to run, run, run, and then run again.

Elway is far from OVER-RATED...Brett, hell yeah he's over-rated but not John.

11/21/11   |   Pat   |   5232 respect

kobe_lova wrote:
Yes, he did. He is majorly overrated. Before you start throwing stats at me, let me tell you that I have ALWAYS hated Elway so I can't be reasoned with....at all. Every Pro Bowl selection made me wanna slap someone. You'd think he won the SB every year he was in the league based on the way people revere him, not what....15 years later? I'd taken Jim Kelly any day. Ugh, I'm getting annoyed just talking about him. Sorry. I'm finished.

Honestly, the stats don't favor Elway at all. He averaged less than 20 TD's per season, and really only had 1 outstanding season. He never really led the league in any significant stats more than once, and his Super Bowl wins came largely due to Terrell Davis. He still doesn't suck, but he's not the top 10 all-time QB that a lot of people make him out to be. If it weren't for Davis, Elway would have been forgotten by now.

11/21/11   |   kobe_lova   |   61461 respect

Pat wrote:
Overrated, yes. But he didn't suck.

Yes, he did. He is majorly overrated. Before you start throwing stats at me, let me tell you that I have ALWAYS hated Elway so I can't be reasoned with....at all. Every Pro Bowl selection made me wanna slap someone. You'd think he won the SB every year he was in the league based on the way people revere him, not what....15 years later? I'd taken Jim Kelly any day. Ugh, I'm getting annoyed just talking about him. Sorry. I'm finished.

11/21/11   |   Pat   |   5232 respect

kobe_lova wrote:
John Elway sucked.

Overrated, yes. But he didn't suck.

11/21/11   |   Pat   |   5232 respect

scquwi1 wrote:

Again say that it is apples and oranges all you want even Young is on record saying you are not letting Tebow show if he can play in this League. He even went further saying that Tebow has the tools and with coaches that are willing to work with him, Tebow could play in the league, using the WEST Coast offense. Grossman came from the same program as Tebow and made it as a QB in the NFL, you can talk poorly of him, without the injuries that he had suffer you do not how well he would have played.

What is it with you guys continuing to say running QBs do not last in this league. Cunningham, played for 15 years and 9 of them he ran over a 100 yards and 1 he was 2 yards shy. Even Tebow plays 10 yrs in the league instead of 15 who really cares. It is not like a running QB last 3 years hell Vick is still playing. Also nothing is out there saying that Tebow will not get better and not throw as much. None of you really know, you just go out and bash people, saying it cannot be done.


Oh yeah for someone who has play QB in NFL to think Trent is a fool or say how dare he have the audacity to criticize a QB, you must really be down on the fools list when you talk about any QB.

1) The ability to play QB is not directly proportional to the ability to evaluate other people who attempt to play QB.

2) I have no idea what you're trying to say about Randall Cunningham, but your numbers sound ridiculous. 100 yards in a season isn't a lot at all, so that's nothing special.

3) Michael Vick is 10 times the passer that Tim Tebow will ever be.

4) Look at the Wildcat offense, and how long that lasted before people figured it out. The same will happen with Tebow. He has a unique set of skills, and it has allowed him to enjoy occasional success. Once teams get a little more tape on him, that will be over.

11/20/11   |   woody050681   |   13688 respect

scquwi1 wrote:
LOL, OK he sucked. I would like to know who was good then?
(Edited by woody050681)

 Cleo Lemon and Joey Harrington were all-time greats. Just didn't get a fair shot because they knew the awesomeness that is "Tim Tebow" was coming to the league, so they just hung up their cleats two years before Tebow was drafted.

Who do you consider good?

11/20/11   |   scquwi1   |   1227 respect

kobe_lova wrote:
John Elway sucked.

LOL, OK he sucked. I would like to know who was good then?

11/20/11   |   scquwi1   |   1227 respect

Joe_L wrote:
You're comparing apples to  holy oranges.

Young didn't come from a college with coach that ran a cartoon style offense. BYU runs a West Coast offense. More commonly the pass play system popularized by Bill Walsh. However, WCO places a greater emphasis on passing than on running. This is the major reason Young became a very successful NFL QB!

As where Tebow came from the spread offense in Florida. The spread offense begins with a no-huddle approach with the quarterback in the shotgun much of the time (in Tebows case, all of the time). The fundamental nature of the spread offense involves spreading the field horizontally using 3, 4, and even 5-receiver sets (some implementations of the spread also feature wide splits between the offensive linemen). The object of the spread offense is to open up multiple vertical seams for both the running and passing game to exploit (again, in Tebows case, majority of running), as the defense is forced to spread itself thin across the field (a "horizontal stretch") to cover everyone. This is the major reason Tebow will not be a successful NFL, running QB's do not have a long playing life.

PS- Trent Dilfer, I can't take this fool seriously. It cracks me up every time he has the audacity to criticize another QB.

Again say that it is apples and oranges all you want even Young is on record saying you are not letting Tebow show if he can play in this League. He even went further saying that Tebow has the tools and with coaches that are willing to work with him, Tebow could play in the league, using the WEST Coast offense. Grossman came from the same program as Tebow and made it as a QB in the NFL, you can talk poorly of him, without the injuries that he had suffer you do not how well he would have played.

What is it with you guys continuing to say running QBs do not last in this league. Cunningham, played for 15 years and 9 of them he ran over a 100 yards and 1 he was 2 yards shy. Even Tebow plays 10 yrs in the league instead of 15 who really cares. It is not like a running QB last 3 years hell Vick is still playing. Also nothing is out there saying that Tebow will not get better and not throw as much. None of you really know, you just go out and bash people, saying it cannot be done.


Oh yeah for someone who has play QB in NFL to think Trent is a fool or say how dare he have the audacity to criticize a QB, you must really be down on the fools list when you talk about any QB.

11/20/11   |   richard_cranium   |   17672 respect

I heard that in the off season, Tesus is going to tear down Invesco Field and rebuild it in 3 days. Just sayin!

11/20/11   |   kobe_lova   |   61461 respect

The_Real_Stoney wrote:
Blasphemy!!

It's only blasphemy if you believe. I do not. Ugh.

11/19/11   |   richard_cranium   |   17672 respect

(Edited by richard_cranium)

Since he is god in football pads, the mile high messiah, white jesus, does that mean we can crucify him when he is 32?

They should have him lay his hands upon the NBA players and owners and end that mess.

11/19/11   |   kteacher   |   34345 respect

woody050681 wrote:
 I you and this post. Nothing but 102% pure awesomeness! 

But please, no Tebowing allowed at today's game Becky 

11/19/11   |   woody050681   |   13688 respect

kteacher wrote:
 I didn't read any of the comments above....but a couple (funny). All I know is that "tebowing" helped the Kings kill off a Ducks penalty last night. I'm sure it also had something to do with Anze Kopitar's game winning goal too. Why do I think this? Well.......I've "prayed" before and nothing happened------->I tebow once-------angels sing and the Kings win. I'm a fan. MAKE that BUST. 


 I you and this post. Nothing but 102% pure awesomeness! 

But please, no Tebowing allowed at today's game Becky 

11/19/11   |   Pat   |   5232 respect

This is all rather simple, really. Just look at a few things, and it's quite obvious what's going on here.

1) Quality of opponents. Out of the 4 games they've won with Tebow, only 1 team (Raiders, 5-4) have a winning record.
2) The Broncos defense. They held the Jets to 13 points, and scored a TD for the Broncos. Without that, this woulda been a Jets blowout win, and we wouldn't even be talking about this.

I'm not a huge fan of Jemele Hill, but she said it best. To beat Tebow, you need an offense. If teams like the Jets could have minimized mistakes and put up some points, it would force Tebow to pass, and it would result in a field day for the Jets defense. Unfortunately for the Jets, Mark Sanchez is terrible, and their RBs were hurt, so they really weren't able to get any offense going. Tebow did nothing special. In fact, he was absolutely terrible for 95% of that game. But the Jets let them hang around, he had one good drive, and that was the game.

11/19/11   |   The_Real_Stoney   |   25095 respect

kobe_lova wrote:
John Elway sucked.

Blasphemy!!

11/18/11   |   advantage_alaska   |   7 respect

Intelligent Design

11/18/11   |   kobe_lova   |   61461 respect

scquwi1 wrote:
Your going 1-8, 9/21, 18/33, 6/11, 4/10 only the worst QBs in the league can do that. Wait these are TEbows stats, whose are they..... That is right John Elways before he was pulled for a game then came back and had an 11/35 game. Now Tebow first 3 games 8/16, 16/29, 16/36 the last against the best overall defense in the league

John Elway sucked.

11/18/11   |   Easylike   |   592 respect

The_Real_Stoney wrote:
It's like when your neighbor buys a brand new car.. He loves that car and won't shut up about it, but you don't care about his car because you like the car you have.  Sometimes you just want to say, hey, I get it, you love your car and that's great you're free to love it as much as you want, but I'm sick of hearing about it..
Back to the football note, the Broncos D and special teams set the Broncos up to destroy the Jets, but it came down to the end.. Don't get me wrong, I'm ecstatic the Broncos won, but you have to admit it was a bit of a fluke.
The Broncos started 7 of their 12 drives in the game from their own 38 yard line or better.. 5 of them in Jets territory.  5 of them ended in 3 and outs for a total of 9 yards, one was a fumble on the first play, and the other netted 15 yards on 6 plays and a field goal. And without the pick 6 by Goodman, the Broncos would have lost

Without the total team effort, of course the Broncos would have lost the game. I do not deny that the INT for 6 and the way the defense played kept them in the game. The fact is that the actual game winning points were scored after the 95 yard drive and on the final 20 yard scramble by Tebow, it is just the fact. I give credit to the O-line, defense, wide outs etc...but the game was literally won on Denver's last drive.

11/18/11   |   The_Real_Stoney   |   25095 respect

Easylike wrote:
I like Tebow because he gets everybody to show who they truly are when they talk about him. I love how there is no gray area, everyone either loves him or hates him and some of the time it has nothing to do with football. I like reading all the funny atheist, agnostic and anti christian posts the best, they make me laugh.

BTW the Denver defense played great last night but without that last drive with Tebow accounting for or having a hand in all but 3 of the 95 yards Denver would have lost.

It's like when your neighbor buys a brand new car.. He loves that car and won't shut up about it, but you don't care about his car because you like the car you have.  Sometimes you just want to say, hey, I get it, you love your car and that's great you're free to love it as much as you want, but I'm sick of hearing about it..
Back to the football note, the Broncos D and special teams set the Broncos up to destroy the Jets, but it came down to the end.. Don't get me wrong, I'm ecstatic the Broncos won, but you have to admit it was a bit of a fluke.
The Broncos started 7 of their 12 drives in the game from their own 38 yard line or better.. 5 of them in Jets territory.  5 of them ended in 3 and outs for a total of 9 yards, one was a fumble on the first play, and the other netted 15 yards on 6 plays and a field goal. And without the pick 6 by Goodman, the Broncos would have lost

11/18/11   |   Joe_L   |   12372 respect

kteacher wrote:
 I didn't read any of the comments above....but a couple (funny). All I know is that "tebowing" helped the Kings kill off a Ducks penalty last night. I'm sure it also had something to do with Anze Kopitar's game winning goal too. Why do I think this? Well.......I've "prayed" before and nothing happened------->I tebow once-------angels sing and the Kings win. I'm a fan. MAKE that BUST. 


I didn't read this post, you get respect for the picture.

11/18/11   |   kteacher   |   34345 respect

 I didn't read any of the comments above....but a couple (funny). All I know is that "tebowing" helped the Kings kill off a Ducks penalty last night. I'm sure it also had something to do with Anze Kopitar's game winning goal too. Why do I think this? Well.......I've "prayed" before and nothing happened------->I tebow once-------angels sing and the Kings win. I'm a fan. MAKE that BUST. 


11/18/11   |   italysqueenie   |   1278 respect

Joe_L wrote:
I really don't understand the whole "I didnt need a lesson to make me look like Aw shes a silly woman.. what does she know about sports.." please do not put words in my mouth.

As you said it was your opinion, that was mine, backed with facts. You also said "you say what you feel", just as anyone else can. That is the entire point of the threads, articles and blogs on the site. 

okay point taken

11/18/11   |   Joe_L   |   12372 respect

italysqueenie wrote:
I didnt need a lesson to make me look like Aw shes a silly woman.. what does she know about sports.. I put my opinion in.. thats it..

Im sorry we all cant see it the same...we dont shre the same eyes.  I see what I see and say what I feel.... 
(my opinion).

I really don't understand the whole "I didnt need a lesson to make me look like Aw shes a silly woman.. what does she know about sports.." please do not put words in my mouth.

As you said it was your opinion, that was mine, backed with facts. You also said "you say what you feel", just as anyone else can. That is the entire point of the threads, articles and blogs on the site. 

11/18/11   |   Joe_L   |   12372 respect

11/18/11   |   Joe_L   |   12372 respect

scquwi1 wrote:
Grossman lead the Bears to a Super Bowl. If it was not for all the injuries he had sustain who knows what his career would have looked like. Having a good coach who is willing to work with his QB makes a big difference in that QBs development. Steve Young evens see how the Bronocs are not trying to work with Tebow in helping define his skills. Young should have an idea what it is like, he was called a bust while in Tampa.

"Ultimately, Young struggled and was traded away from Tampa in frustration; he was viewed as a bust. He didn’t become a starter, then a star, for years. Perhaps Tebow also will be traded at some point, a wasted pick, a project for another coach. But there’s also good reason to think that Tebow can be a very good NFL quarterback because, in the same way Tampa once miscalculated on Young, there’s reason to think we haven’t done a good job of accurately deciphering what a quarterback like Tebow can do. [...]

The bottom line is this: If you want to evaluate Tebow as a quarterback, you have to understand that what he lacks as a passer can be made up for by what he brings with his legs. This isn’t a new argument, but it now has additional context. [...]

Orton is a much better passer but a statue in the pocket, costing the Broncos points with sacks — and Tebow’s 82.1 passer rating in 2010 would have been the best among rookies if it had stretched for 16 games. [...] Tebow, were he to start in Week 1, would continue to be as raw a passer as you can find in the NFL. But this unrefined product is a lot better than some believe, and he might even be more valuable than Denver’s other option."

for ESPN Insider, columnist Chris Sprow . Now even Trent is saying Tebow could developer into a NFL QB.

 

You're comparing apples to  holy oranges.

Young didn't come from a college with coach that ran a cartoon style offense. BYU runs a West Coast offense. More commonly the pass play system popularized by Bill Walsh. However, WCO places a greater emphasis on passing than on running. This is the major reason Young became a very successful NFL QB!

As where Tebow came from the spread offense in Florida. The spread offense begins with a no-huddle approach with the quarterback in the shotgun much of the time (in Tebows case, all of the time). The fundamental nature of the spread offense involves spreading the field horizontally using 3, 4, and even 5-receiver sets (some implementations of the spread also feature wide splits between the offensive linemen). The object of the spread offense is to open up multiple vertical seams for both the running and passing game to exploit (again, in Tebows case, majority of running), as the defense is forced to spread itself thin across the field (a "horizontal stretch") to cover everyone. This is the major reason Tebow will not be a successful NFL, running QB's do not have a long playing life.

PS- Trent Dilfer, I can't take this fool seriously. It cracks me up every time he has the audacity to criticize another QB.

11/18/11   |   scquwi1   |   1227 respect

Joe_L wrote:
She has a point guys, 2/8, 9/20, 10/21 is a feat only a few can match.

Your going 1-8, 9/21, 18/33, 6/11, 4/10 only the worst QBs in the league can do that. Wait these are TEbows stats, whose are they..... That is right John Elways before he was pulled for a game then came back and had an 11/35 game. Now Tebow first 3 games 8/16, 16/29, 16/36 the last against the best overall defense in the league

11/18/11   |   italysqueenie   |   1278 respect

Joe_L wrote:
He’s not a true quarterback. In college he played on a cartoon style offense that never had to rely on his arm or accuracy to win games. The only problem is the spread offense and quarterbacks that play in it never transition to the NFL style. Alex Smith, another Meyer disciple hasn’t found success until now with head coach Jim Harbaugh who’s turned Smith into a game manager instead of a quarterback. However Smith was a better passer coming out of Utah in 2005 than Tebow was in 2010.

Ugly winning will only last so long. He will not make it very long in this league as a slot receiver trying to playing QB.

I didnt need a lesson to make me look like Aw shes a silly woman.. what does she know about sports.. I put my opinion in.. thats it..

Im sorry we all cant see it the same...we dont shre the same eyes.  I see what I see and say what I feel.... 
(my opinion).

11/18/11   |   scquwi1   |   1227 respect

Joe_L wrote:
He’s not a true quarterback. In college he played on a cartoon style offense that never had to rely on his arm or accuracy to win games. The only problem is the spread offense and quarterbacks that play in it never transition to the NFL style. Alex Smith, another Meyer disciple hasn’t found success until now with head coach Jim Harbaugh who’s turned Smith into a game manager instead of a quarterback. However Smith was a better passer coming out of Utah in 2005 than Tebow was in 2010.

Ugly winning will only last so long. He will not make it very long in this league as a slot receiver trying to playing QB.

Grossman lead the Bears to a Super Bowl. If it was not for all the injuries he had sustain who knows what his career would have looked like. Having a good coach who is willing to work with his QB makes a big difference in that QBs development. Steve Young evens see how the Bronocs are not trying to work with Tebow in helping define his skills. Young should have an idea what it is like, he was called a bust while in Tampa.

"Ultimately, Young struggled and was traded away from Tampa in frustration; he was viewed as a bust. He didn’t become a starter, then a star, for years. Perhaps Tebow also will be traded at some point, a wasted pick, a project for another coach. But there’s also good reason to think that Tebow can be a very good NFL quarterback because, in the same way Tampa once miscalculated on Young, there’s reason to think we haven’t done a good job of accurately deciphering what a quarterback like Tebow can do. [...]

The bottom line is this: If you want to evaluate Tebow as a quarterback, you have to understand that what he lacks as a passer can be made up for by what he brings with his legs. This isn’t a new argument, but it now has additional context. [...]

Orton is a much better passer but a statue in the pocket, costing the Broncos points with sacks — and Tebow’s 82.1 passer rating in 2010 would have been the best among rookies if it had stretched for 16 games. [...] Tebow, were he to start in Week 1, would continue to be as raw a passer as you can find in the NFL. But this unrefined product is a lot better than some believe, and he might even be more valuable than Denver’s other option."

for ESPN Insider, columnist Chris Sprow . Now even Trent is saying Tebow could developer into a NFL QB.

 

11/18/11   |   Easylike   |   592 respect

I like Tebow because he gets everybody to show who they truly are when they talk about him. I love how there is no gray area, everyone either loves him or hates him and some of the time it has nothing to do with football. I like reading all the funny atheist, agnostic and anti christian posts the best, they make me laugh.

BTW the Denver defense played great last night but without that last drive with Tebow accounting for or having a hand in all but 3 of the 95 yards Denver would have lost.

11/18/11   |   italysqueenie   |   1278 respect

Joe_L wrote:
He’s not a true quarterback. In college he played on a cartoon style offense that never had to rely on his arm or accuracy to win games. The only problem is the spread offense and quarterbacks that play in it never transition to the NFL style. Alex Smith, another Meyer disciple hasn’t found success until now with head coach Jim Harbaugh who’s turned Smith into a game manager instead of a quarterback. However Smith was a better passer coming out of Utah in 2005 than Tebow was in 2010.

Ugly winning will only last so long. He will not make it very long in this league as a slot receiver trying to playing QB.

Okay Luck and God..made him do it...!

11/18/11   |   Joe_L   |   12372 respect

kobe_lova wrote:
 Is that our lord or Sanchez?

lord

11/18/11   |   Scott   |   52625 respect

Joe_L wrote:
She has a point guys, 2/8, 9/20, 10/21 is a feat only a few can match.

I agree.  They should just go ahead and get his bust ready for Canton.  Tebow is obviously a Hall of Fame caliber quarterback

11/18/11   |   kobe_lova   |   61461 respect

Joe_L wrote:
She has a point guys, 2/8, 9/20, 10/21 is a feat only a few can match.

 Is that our lord or Sanchez?

11/18/11   |   scquwi1   |   1227 respect

The_Real_Stoney wrote:
Read 2 posts above yours

I see you wrote that why I was writting the other. Bad timing on my part.

11/18/11   |   kobe_lova   |   61461 respect

abac89 wrote:
 To me it doesn't matter if its luck or skill sure hes not the most accurate of passers but he wins...the Broncos were 1-4 when Tebow took over as the starter now they are 500 (5-5) and very much in the playoff hunt in the AFC West.

He's winning right now. It will matter as the games get tougher and the season goes on IMO. Based on his play so far, people are getting way ahead of themselves. 

11/18/11   |   Joe_L   |   12372 respect

(Edited by Joe_L)

She has a point guys, 2/8, 9/20, 10/21 is a feat only a few can match.

11/18/11   |   abac89   |   758 respect

 To me it doesn't matter if its luck or skill sure hes not the most accurate of passers but he wins...the Broncos were 1-4 when Tebow took over as the starter now they are 500 (5-5) and very much in the playoff hunt in the AFC West.

11/18/11   |   The_Real_Stoney   |   25095 respect

scquwi1 wrote:
Wait you are also forgot the game winning TD he rushed in. Oh, yeah moving the ball 95 yards to score the TD. Love it when those want to laugh at Tebow when people say he lead his team to a win, no other people has wins, losses, and ties on their career stats only QBs. It is a team sport and those who have played know you have that leader on the team you makes them believe they can do anything, and with that they, themselves play better. With the com3e backs Tebow has been a big part of his teammates know if they give him a chance at the end by keeping close he can win it for them. Which he shown again last night. I will bet you and others out there that want to talk trash could not do the things he is doing.
(Edited by The_Real_Stoney)

Read 2 posts above yours

11/18/11   |   scquwi1   |   1227 respect

The_Real_Stoney wrote:
I think the turning point was when Tebow stepped in front of Plaxico and picked off the Sanchez pass for a touchdown.  Tebow and Tebow were strong up front against the run, and Tebow was a beast coming off the edge and drilled Sanchez a couple times.  Tebow's forced fumble on the kickoff was also huge even though the Broncos couldn't get more points out of that situation

Wait you are also forgot the game winning TD he rushed in. Oh, yeah moving the ball 95 yards to score the TD. Love it when those want to laugh at Tebow when people say he lead his team to a win, no other people has wins, losses, and ties on their career stats only QBs. It is a team sport and those who have played know you have that leader on the team you makes them believe they can do anything, and with that they, themselves play better. With the com3e backs Tebow has been a big part of his teammates know if they give him a chance at the end by keeping close he can win it for them. Which he shown again last night. I will bet you and others out there that want to talk trash could not do the things he is doing.

11/18/11   |   kobe_lova   |   61461 respect

jimrad2000 wrote:
If you saw Tebow step in front of Burris and pick off Sanchez's pass and run for a touchdown you must have been at Stoney's house and you were both drinking from the same bottle.

I see sarcasm is lost on you.



(Tebow saves)

11/18/11   |   The_Real_Stoney   |   25095 respect

(Edited by The_Real_Stoney)

sarcasm: a mode of satirical wit depending for its effect on bitter, caustic, and often ironic language that is usually directed at an individual.
you see Jim, what I was attempting to do was play up the fact that mass media outlets want you to believe is that Tim Tebow himself won the game, when in fact, there were several plays that had meaningful impacts on the outcome of the game above and beyond the last drive orchestrated by Tebow.  By replacing Tebow in for the names of other players on the team I was TRYING TO MAKE A POINT that certain things and people who are making large contributions are not being recognized.  It's really a play at the fundamental flaws of our society in which we, for lack of a better term "put the pu**y up on a pedestal".  For those looking for a literal translation of my post, the Tebows should be replaced, in order by Andre Goodman, Broderick Bunkley, Ryan McBean, Von Miller, and Wesley Woodyard.  That however, would eliminate the sense of irony and therefore humor for which I was going for.

11/18/11   |   scquwi1   |   1227 respect

dblake3173 wrote:
Tebow may be good at football but not a good quarterback.  That will help him in the long run or until a defense will learn to make him pass the ball.  It will happen soon.  Look at what happen to Vince Young.  Tebow is much smarter than Vince Young.  Maybe he should get some more time to learn how to be a quarterback and we should be not to quick to place judgment.

Wait Tebow threw for 16-29 and 308 yards then 16-36  for 205, yep I think he can thrwo when you have a system and coaches that want him. Teams all ready know he has done this so people can say make him throw,  make him throw, since the first game he has played they have said it will happen soon. We are now going into his 9th start.

11/18/11   |   woody050681   |   13688 respect

Joe_L wrote:
I thought he did a great job officiating, very fair!

 He also did a fantastic job of making and selling all the food at the stadium, growing and maintaining the grass on the field.

And I love how he designed and built the stadium by himself....You Mr. Tebow are greater than GOD! 

11/18/11   |   Joe_L   |   12372 respect

I thought he did a great job officiating, very fair!

11/18/11   |   Jeff_P   |   19859 respect

woody050681 wrote:
 He is! Oh crap, that means he just saw me abuse myself sexually. 

skill or luck..........THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS IS THE... W...OR ...L........HE IS WINNING and has the BRONCOS in the division race .......GOOOOOOOOOOO TIM.........

11/18/11   |   jimrad2000   |   8 respect

woody050681 wrote:
I saw the same thing as Stoney did. 

Tebow also started the NFL, proofread the bible and is responsible for the Lions 0-16 season! If he had been on that team they would of found a way to go 0-17 because Jesus would of been on his side and he doesn't do anything half assed!

If you saw Tebow step in front of Burris and pick off Sanchez's pass and run for a touchdown you must have been at Stoney's house and you were both drinking from the same bottle.

11/18/11   |   woody050681   |   13688 respect

Joe_L wrote:
The Messiah is everywhere.

 He is! Oh crap, that means he just saw me abuse myself sexually. 

11/18/11   |   Joe_L   |   12372 respect

woody050681 wrote:
I saw the same thing as Stoney did. 

Tebow also started the NFL, proofread the bible and is responsible for the Lions 0-16 season! If he had been on that team they would of found a way to go 0-17 because Jesus would of been on his side and he doesn't do anything half assed!

The Messiah is everywhere.

11/18/11   |   Joe_L   |   12372 respect

italysqueenie wrote:
Baby he's got Mad Skills... and Jesus on his shoulder... Its amazin just how powerful faith is....!  Im not trying to sound like a holy roller.....I think hes just that Damn Good.. I watched him dominate in his college career.... now he's in the Big League's and his skills continue..with the Big Boys of the NFL.

You cant deny him his success....You Go Tebow!!!!  Play the game you love...and more people will grow to love and apprieciate just how good you are..

He’s not a true quarterback. In college he played on a cartoon style offense that never had to rely on his arm or accuracy to win games. The only problem is the spread offense and quarterbacks that play in it never transition to the NFL style. Alex Smith, another Meyer disciple hasn’t found success until now with head coach Jim Harbaugh who’s turned Smith into a game manager instead of a quarterback. However Smith was a better passer coming out of Utah in 2005 than Tebow was in 2010.

Ugly winning will only last so long. He will not make it very long in this league as a slot receiver trying to playing QB.

11/18/11   |   woody050681   |   13688 respect

jimrad2000 wrote:
Since when is Tebow been playing defense?  I watched the entire game and never once saw him intercept a pass or never did see him (and himself) playing upfront against the run.  I don't remember him drilling Sanchez at any time.  And what forced fumble??  I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU WERE WATCHING LAST NIGHT, OR BETTER YET WHAT YOU WERE DRINKING, BUT I SURE WOULD LIKE SOME OF IT.  But then again, maybe I don't because I don't have HALLUCINATIONS like you have.   

I saw the same thing as Stoney did. 

Tebow also started the NFL, proofread the bible and is responsible for the Lions 0-16 season! If he had been on that team they would of found a way to go 0-17 because Jesus would of been on his side and he doesn't do anything half assed!

11/18/11   |   jimrad2000   |   8 respect

The_Real_Stoney wrote:
I think the turning point was when Tebow stepped in front of Plaxico and picked off the Sanchez pass for a touchdown.  Tebow and Tebow were strong up front against the run, and Tebow was a beast coming off the edge and drilled Sanchez a couple times.  Tebow's forced fumble on the kickoff was also huge even though the Broncos couldn't get more points out of that situation

Since when is Tebow been playing defense?  I watched the entire game and never once saw him intercept a pass or never did see him (and himself) playing upfront against the run.  I don't remember him drilling Sanchez at any time.  And what forced fumble??  I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU WERE WATCHING LAST NIGHT, OR BETTER YET WHAT YOU WERE DRINKING, BUT I SURE WOULD LIKE SOME OF IT.  But then again, maybe I don't because I don't have HALLUCINATIONS like you have.   

11/18/11   |   jimrad2000   |   8 respect

The_Real_Stoney wrote:
I think the turning point was when Tebow stepped in front of Plaxico and picked off the Sanchez pass for a touchdown.  Tebow and Tebow were strong up front against the run, and Tebow was a beast coming off the edge and drilled Sanchez a couple times.  Tebow's forced fumble on the kickoff was also huge even though the Broncos couldn't get more points out of that situation

Since when is Tebow been playing defense?  I watched the entire game and never once saw him intercept a pass or never did see him (and himself) playing upfront against the run.  I don't remember him drilling Sanchez at any time.  And what forced fumble??  I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU WERE WATCHING LAST NIGHT, OR BETTER YET WHAT YOU WERE DRINKING, BUT I SURE WOULD LIKE SOME OF IT.  But then again, maybe I don't because I don't have HALLUCINATIONS like you have.   

11/18/11   |   dblake3173   |   6 respect

Tebow may be good at football but not a good quarterback.  That will help him in the long run or until a defense will learn to make him pass the ball.  It will happen soon.  Look at what happen to Vince Young.  Tebow is much smarter than Vince Young.  Maybe he should get some more time to learn how to be a quarterback and we should be not to quick to place judgment.

11/18/11   |   kobe_lova   |   61461 respect

MAVERICKMIKE wrote:
Sanchez and Tebow are terrible quarterbacks and Tebow has just been lucky.

yes

11/18/11   |   ohwell_   |   16329 respect

MAVERICKMIKE wrote:
Sanchez and Tebow are terrible quarterbacks and Tebow has just been lucky.

I concur.    

Now I'm gonna pray about my answer, jik.

11/18/11   |   italysqueenie   |   1278 respect

Baby he's got Mad Skills... and Jesus on his shoulder... Its amazin just how powerful faith is....!  Im not trying to sound like a holy roller.....I think hes just that Damn Good.. I watched him dominate in his college career.... now he's in the Big League's and his skills continue..with the Big Boys of the NFL.

You cant deny him his success....You Go Tebow!!!!  Play the game you love...and more people will grow to love and apprieciate just how good you are..

11/18/11   |   MAVERICKMIKE   |   49 respect

Murphy24 wrote:
Mark Sanchez loses: bad luck or terrible quarterback?

Sanchez and Tebow are terrible quarterbacks and Tebow has just been lucky.

11/18/11   |   Beaneaters   |   17737 respect

The Good Quarterback


11/18/11   |   Joe_L   |   12372 respect

my hero

11/18/11   |   The_Real_Stoney   |   25095 respect

I think the turning point was when Tebow stepped in front of Plaxico and picked off the Sanchez pass for a touchdown.  Tebow and Tebow were strong up front against the run, and Tebow was a beast coming off the edge and drilled Sanchez a couple times.  Tebow's forced fumble on the kickoff was also huge even though the Broncos couldn't get more points out of that situation

11/18/11   |   kobe_lova   |   61461 respect

jesus, duuuh.

11/18/11   |   scquwi1   |   1227 respect

Love it when they say he only completed 2 passes. How many passes out of the 8 hit someones hands or within a receivers reach. 6 of them where very catchable. Tebow and the Broncos are good at what they do and very lucky that that a team without a true star has come together and played well enough to be in games and win.

Now this whole thing about 2 completions, lets look at Tebow. He is not one who will buck the system, instead he goes with what is asked of him. The Broncos play calling ask him to run and run more then pass the ball. When Josh McDaniels was the head coach Tebow threw the ball more and made more completions. So it is not that he cannot do it, but more has to do with someone wanted him there and believing in him.


Look at Sanchez, you can see defeat in his eyes, because he knows that Rex does not have faith in him and it made a big difference this in Sanchez' development.

11/18/11   |   Murphy24   |   278 respect

Mark Sanchez loses: bad luck or terrible quarterback?