Toni Valtonen Has Swastika And Other Hate Tattoos
MMA

Toni Valtonen's Tattoos Are A Bit Tough To Explain. Unless, Of Course, He's Honest About Being Racist.

8/31/09 in MMA   |   Pat   |   5134 respect

MMA fighter Toni Valtonen fights with M-1 Global, and isn't exactly a world-beater. It's probably best that he's not, because something tells me that his tattoos might make it tricky for him to go too far in a sport that requires you to compete with your shirt off anyway.

"I had a crazy and rebellious youth, I made some faults in my past and I am not proud of these marks. I regret that I ever had these tattoos made. Nowadays I am a dedicated family man and professional athlete, and I am not involved in any politics whatsoever."

These "marks" that he is referring to are various tattoos that he has on his stomach, shoulder and back.

On his stomach, it says "born to hate". That's a bit weird, but not exactly offensive... until you look at the swastika on his shoulder, and the "white pride" tattoo sprawled across his back.

It's hard to believe his story that he's remorseful about the tattoos. It seems easy enough to cover them up, if he's really that regretful about them.

M-1 usually makes him wear a patch to cover his swastika tattoo when he fights, but the patch came off during his last fight, exposing his secret to the world in "stunning high definition", as they say. Stunning, indeed.





MMA Fighter Toni Valtonen Has Swastika, 'White Pride' Tattoos [Fanhouse]
Notify me by email about comments that follow mine. Preview

1/19/12   |   caioneach7

Since when is it a crime to be white and have pride because of your heritage? I'm not talking about this guy, I'm talking about myself. So tell me whats wrong with that. If I get a tat saying white pride your automatically going to assume I'm racist? How about comparing a white pride tat along side a brown pride tat? The white guy is automatically racist while the mexican isnt?

1/19/12   |   caioneach7

scumjunkie14 wrote:
it dnt say white power its white pride. since when is pride a bad thing. i aint no nazi but it seems like their the only ones tht give a fuck about the white race these days. so id throw a swastika on my skin too not bc i wanna exterminate jews and enslave every race but whites, but because they stood up for our race and noone else will.

You got that right! Who cares what this man has tatted on his body? And the reply about having hate speech/racism a crime? What are you, some commie? Who's going to govern what is illegal and not? How far will the government mess that up? Stupid idea. America is founded on freedom and thats just what this guy is doing... expressing his freedom to do what he wants to his body. Who cares.

9/4/11   |   scumjunkie14   |   1 respect

hapkido_warrior wrote:
nah you can get rid of those tattoos, its kindof expensive, but if hes serious about being a pro athlete he ll get it done
and the 'i love obama remark' are you kidding me? since when is obama black power? how many meetings has he held and bills pushed to exterminate races? how many black superiority acts has he passed?
born to hate combined with white power and a swastica doesnt mean you want your people represented within the country it means you want your people and only your people represented
this all being said, he could really be remorseful- it happens, grow up in the wrong neighborhood, if your raised this way everyday and get your butt whooped in school on a regular basis and white power guys are the only ones willing to back you up it gets you involved,
its similiar to gangs in many black/hispanic communities and alot of guys get out of it when they get older, i just hope his apology is sincere and that he gets those tattoos removed very soon
maybe m-1 will help him out, Fedor certainly likes them enough to give up moving to the UFC

it dnt say white power its white pride. since when is pride a bad thing. i aint no nazi but it seems like their the only ones tht give a fuck about the white race these days. so id throw a swastika on my skin too not bc i wanna exterminate jews and enslave every race but whites, but because they stood up for our race and noone else will.

7/19/11   |   axelhass   |   1 respect

white pride worldwide!! white power!! 14/88SIEG HEIL!! AXL-------------------------------

9/14/09   |   hapkido_warrior   |   272 respect

im not trying to tell you about the expirence of doing it i never once said that, im telling you for a fact that there maybe some of these things in some cities there hardly available for everyone
and AGAIN its the disruption to training not the money which is the problem i have no doubt

well obviously he needs to get them removed/covered if he wants to fight with anyone broadcasted in a more public light but hes not there yet, i ve only seen a few clips of him on k-1 before now

9/14/09   |   Ray_Gamma   |   17 respect

hapkido_warrior wrote:

community service isnt free.. it take time and time is money, this guy im almost sure has a day job besides fighting as most of these lower org fighters do and could probably make more then enough money to pay off the tattoos from that rather then working god only knows how many hours of service for his huge amount of ink
theres free removal for those coming out of juvie and jail, there are free gang tattoo removals in some cities but time off training maybe you should check those sites they say low cost unless you have some policy which is exactly what i said,

and yeah it would take a long time to get all that done and he cant take that time off...also like i said
i dont care what you did this isnt about you, clearly hes not gonna spend 50 hours doing community service whatever it is, he probably has a day job and then spends the rest of his time training

maybe you should read what i said instead of the first four words and then getting all mad like a little girl and just bring your points up without getting all emotional

 I don't need to read up on these removal services.  "Low Cost" , I am sure they exist, however, free of charge removal exists as is my experience. Many Doctors do Pro-bono work for people, particularly extreme cases such as this.  I was never a gangbanger, and even told them so, yet still got it removed without a problem.

 Dr. P.M-R is still one of the best guys I have ever met in my life.  He was the program doctor to check up on the progress, but he wasn't the actual Laser Removal tech. Due to the nature of my skin and genetics, the scarring initially was too high.  Dr. M-R put me on hiatus for 1 calendar year to heal and restore some melanin, at which time he finished the Surgery himself over the next 8 to 9 months without the program. He did it from his own office at Davies Medical Center in San Francisco.  He did it because believe it or not, there are people who give a damn out there and will help if you seek it. Don't try to tell me about something you've never experienced. 

I don't care if he removes them or not.  I can tell you quite factually that mainstream television will care, and they will not allow those tattoos to be exposed whatsoever on SpikeTV or the like.


9/13/09   |   hapkido_warrior   |   272 respect

i would imagine so but who knows, hes not exactly the most well known fighter, i dont even think he has a permeneant contract i think m-1 just sets him up for singular fights with UWC, XFC, king of the cage, gladiator challenge...etc.

9/13/09   |   johnsward66   |   216 respect

Does anyone know if this guy has any background with the Aryan Brotherhood or any like organizations? I mean, "crazy & rebellious youth" isn't very illuminating.

9/13/09   |   hapkido_warrior   |   272 respect

(Edited by hapkido_warrior)

community service isnt free.. it take time and time is money, this guy im almost sure has a day job besides fighting as most of these lower org fighters do and could probably make more then enough money to pay off the tattoos from that rather then working god only knows how many hours of service for his huge amount of ink
theres free removal for those coming out of juvie and jail, there are free gang tattoo removals in some cities but time off training maybe you should check those sites they say low cost unless you have some policy which is exactly what i said,

and yeah it would take a long time to get all that done and he cant take that time off...also like i said
i dont care what you did this isnt about you, clearly hes not gonna spend 50 hours doing community service whatever it is, he probably has a day job and then spends the rest of his time training

maybe you should read what i said instead of the first four words and then getting all mad like a little girl and just bring your points up without getting all emotional

9/13/09   |   johnsward66   |   216 respect

Ray_Gamma wrote:
 Specific how? 

About the tattoo removal programs... which you just were.

9/13/09   |   Ray_Gamma   |   17 respect

johnsward66 wrote:
Can you be a little more specific?

 Specific how? 

9/13/09   |   Ray_Gamma   |   17 respect

hapkido_warrior wrote:
yeah...no he cant
maybe if you get some kind of policy or do it at some fancy tattoo parlor
but i have a feeling he either got these prison style (his buddy with an electric pen) or at some alley tattoo parlor
and again, time off training- who wants to take a week or two off because he doesnt wanna get infected when he doesnt HAVE to atleast not yet
but i dont really know, maybe im wrong about this, i dont know him personally so i couldnt tell you one way or another for sure

"yeah...no he cant"   -  You're a trip. You have no knowledge of this topic whatsoever and it is obvious. A simple Google search for "Free tattoo removal" and multitudes of, you guessed it, FREE TATTOO REMOVAL Programs pop up out of nowhere. Maybe these just started last week since nobody told you and that means it cannot be true. Anyhow-

 If he is getting tattoo removal he is done with MMA for about 2 years. He has a lot of ink. And yes, you can easily get tattoos removed free of charge. Particularly those kind of tattoos he has.  

I have had a tattoo removed free of charge my damn self. My only requirement was to contribute my time to some kind of community service for 50 hours. There was no timetable to complete it as far as I knew, but one of the community services you may choose is taking classes for yourself at our local Community College, something I had already been doing. 

Didn't cost me one red cent.  


9/12/09   |   hapkido_warrior   |   272 respect

yeah...no he cant
maybe if you get some kind of policy or do it at some fancy tattoo parlor
but i have a feeling he either got these prison style (his buddy with an electric pen) or at some alley tattoo parlor
and again, time off training- who wants to take a week or two off because he doesnt wanna get infected when he doesnt HAVE to atleast not yet
but i dont really know, maybe im wrong about this, i dont know him personally so i couldnt tell you one way or another for sure

9/12/09   |   johnsward66   |   216 respect

Ray_Gamma wrote:
 He can have the tattoos removed FREE OF CHARGE by the way.  Since, I have personal experience in having tattoo removal done free of charge on my own body.

Can you be a little more specific?

9/12/09   |   Ray_Gamma   |   17 respect

 He can have the tattoos removed FREE OF CHARGE by the way.  Since, I have personal experience in having tattoo removal done free of charge on my own body.

9/10/09   |   jalibal

jalibal wrote:
im a she and yes i will concede with your point.....sigh!!!

none taken!!!

9/10/09   |   johnsward66   |   216 respect

jalibal wrote:
im a she and yes i will concede with your point.....sigh!!!

Please pardon the gender mis-identification... no offense meant.

9/9/09   |   hapkido_warrior   |   272 respect

confusing because you replied saying that to someone who agreed with you

9/9/09   |   jalibal

im a she and yes i will concede with your point.....sigh!!!

9/8/09   |   johnsward66   |   216 respect

hapkido_warrior wrote:
so you legitimately believe this isnt in any way nazi? even though he himself said it was and apologized for it
even though it says born to hate
even though it has a white power symbol along there with it
and the white pride also?
those are all coincidences eh?

I think when he said "I rest my case" what he meant to say was, "I give up & concede your point."   

9/8/09   |   hapkido_warrior   |   272 respect

so you legitimately believe this isnt in any way nazi? even though he himself said it was and apologized for it
even though it says born to hate
even though it has a white power symbol along there with it
and the white pride also?
those are all coincidences eh?

9/8/09   |   jalibal

jalibal wrote:
well typically figthers are into those meaningful tattoos.... given the meaning of swastika as eternity ...there is a possibility....

ok,.... alright.... i rest my case !!!!

9/7/09   |   D34D_Merc   |   2 respect

jalibal wrote:
swastika does not only mean nazi---that was only used by Hitler in his reign of destruction and dictatorship,,, but thousands of years before that and even now in the religion of buddism swastika is a symbol of eternity,,,and it is also used in other religion like jainism, hinduism, mithraism and others

The fact that the swastika is angled upwards, and the fact that it is the center of a red flag held by military troops gives a severely high probability to it being the Nazi swastika.

9/6/09   |   hapkido_warrior   |   272 respect

frenchy62 wrote:
Well.....you question my intelligence, yet can't even refer to me by my correct name. I do stand by the fact that MMA makes plenty of money, you can't tell me they don't. Mine was also a statement that if he were truly remorseful, he would do something about it. Actions speak louder than words,

actually he can tell you that, and no one cares what he calls you
mma in lower levels makes terrible money, there incredibly lucky to be making a couple grand a fight and most of them get no stipends and these guys only get fights every couple months
and once again, it might interfere with his training, maybe he just doesnt wanna take the time off to get something like that done, most of these guys end up having to have a terrible day and the serious ones dont even get that most often
who are you to say that all mma fighters everywhere makes plenty of money and no one can tell you otherwise
and yeah jailbal its apparant he meant this in the nazi context otherwise he wouldnt be apologizing

9/6/09   |   johnsward66   |   216 respect

jalibal wrote:
well typically figthers are into those meaningful tattoos.... given the meaning of swastika as eternity ...there is a possibility....

' And  the "Born To Hate" tattoo is from his time spent with the Amish, & the one that reads "White Pride" is from his time with the Quakers????    

9/6/09   |   jalibal

jalibal wrote:
swastika does not only mean nazi---that was only used by Hitler in his reign of destruction and dictatorship,,, but thousands of years before that and even now in the religion of buddism swastika is a symbol of eternity,,,and it is also used in other religion like jainism, hinduism, mithraism and others

well typically figthers are into those meaningful tattoos.... given the meaning of swastika as eternity ...there is a possibility....

9/6/09   |   johnsward66   |   216 respect

(Edited by johnsward66)

What you say is true, but in the context of his other tattoos do you really think this guy is off somewhere meditating on Zen Koins?!!  

9/6/09   |   jalibal

swastika does not only mean nazi---that was only used by Hitler in his reign of destruction and dictatorship,,, but thousands of years before that and even now in the religion of buddism swastika is a symbol of eternity,,,and it is also used in other religion like jainism, hinduism, mithraism and others

9/5/09   |   johnsward66   |   216 respect

blue_eyed_devil wrote:
hate is taught and learned it mite be his past enviroment therefore he may have changed so how can you judge someone so much by the past

I'm not. What I am saying is that the way we choose to represent ourselves does have consequences in this society.  Look, if I were to walk into the President's office with a new plan for economic recovery; well reasoned & with plenty of supporting documentation, but went in poorly dressed, unshaven & with my pud hanging out, it's beyond the stretch of the imagination to think I'd be anything but kicked out & probably arrested, no matter how brilliant my ideas. What we choose to put on our bodies (clothes & skin) does have a result on how others view us.

9/5/09   |   blue_eyed_devil

hate is taught and learned it mite be his past enviroment therefore he may have changed so how can you judge someone so much by the past

9/5/09   |   johnsward66   |   216 respect

blue_eyed_devil wrote:
its his beliefs and he has a right to express them isn that what this countrys about freedom

Of course he has the right to his beliefs & the expression of them: but, people also have the right not to associate with, promote & or support people who express said views. Just because one has the right to hold F*^& up beliefs doesn't mean there will be no consequences.

9/5/09   |   blue_eyed_devil

its his beliefs and he has a right to express them isn that what this countrys about freedom

9/5/09   |   johnsward66   |   216 respect

(Edited by johnsward66)

JVUK  said: "expressions of hate & racism should be a crime"... Please take a moment & reflect on what you said.... because that has to be one of the most nonsensical things I've ever read. Without unassailable freedom of speech you could be taken out & shot in the middle of the night for posting something someone doesn't like on the "Q", or any other thing that someone in power didn't like. When one talks about curbing freedom of speech it's just laying the foundation for the the eventual silencing of opposition opinion on what ever the subject may be. Ironically, this was a tactic that was a favorite of both the Nazis & the Communists. As to the sentiments expressed in those "tats" I'll just say that; idiots have the right to be idiots & have the right to prove that fact to the world. However I'm sure it would be to his long term benefit to have the most egregious of them removed or covered & would improve his marketability & financial prospects. Of course history has shown that all of us have to be wise or foolish for ourselves, it can't be done for us. If he comes to find some wisdom & perspective in life then I'm sure it will be in evidence on his body, if not, I'm afraid it will be to the sorrow of himself & his family.    As to the "hate crime" PC  bull crap... the government should be in the business of punishing actions not motivations. If you dislike, or even hate me & you never take a physical action against me, you've committed NO crime; no matter how strong your emotions may be! By the same token, if you have all kinds of warm fuzzy emotions for me but one day decide that I'd be better off dead; your good feelings shouldn't keep you from " riding the needle". Once again I say, It's actions NOT motivations.

9/5/09   |   frenchy62   |   3 respect

lukey331 wrote:
Drwurst your statement tells me you don't know much about pro sports. You assume everyone is making big money. There are many PRO sport paychecks that are less than your paycheck. Not everyone is making Tiger Woods money.

Well.....you question my intelligence, yet can't even refer to me by my correct name. I do stand by the fact that MMA makes plenty of money, you can't tell me they don't. Mine was also a statement that if he were truly remorseful, he would do something about it. Actions speak louder than words,

9/3/09   |   hapkido_warrior   |   272 respect

if thats the edited version id hate to see the original draft of that...sentence? statement?

9/3/09   |   lleedubb   |   32 respect

(Edited by lleedubb)

DAMN!!! I GUESS YOU GUYS HEARD THAT!!!.....OOOOOHHHHH ....BURNED YALL!!!

9/2/09   |   hapkido_warrior   |   272 respect

first of all, hes not suspended, banned etc. this case is absolutely nothing like vick's case
and if you want to talk about vick read all the valid points brought up in a VICK thread
but i suppose all thos points that disagreed with you were too factual and not enough opinion from people with no understanding of the matter so you ll bring it up here and everywhere you can

and "something tells me there's much more to the story" somehow i doubt it, this isnt a conspiracy or some complex BS, its relatively simple- this guy has nazi tattoos and claims he is remorseful and was young and in a bad place when he got them, the only further question is whether he was sincere and why he hasnt gotten them covered/ gotten rid of them

9/2/09   |   Pat   |   5134 respect

RichyMcWiggleSr wrote:
Considering he just got them a few days ago I'd have to say he should be banned and chastised for his "current" mentality!

Vick can be forgiven, because he didn't paint dead dogs on his arms, but not this guy.

(Sarcasm for anyone following)

Something tells me there's much more to the story.

I think if Vick walked around with a sign that said "death to puppies", then it would be a far more valid comparison.

9/2/09   |   RichyMcWiggleSr   |   2049 respect

(Edited by RichyMcWiggleSr)

Considering he just got them a few days ago I'd have to say he should be banned and chastised for his "current" mentality!

Vick can be forgiven, because he didn't paint dead dogs on his arms, but not this guy.

(Sarcasm for anyone following)

Something tells me there's much more to the story.

9/1/09   |   hapkido_warrior   |   272 respect

true, i mean its a tough call not knowing him or the situation on a personal level
its really difficult to say what this is about  from just the bit of speculation on his 15 or so words on the tattoos
but you have a point, he oculd just get it blacked out and if he ever intends to get anywhere as far as strikeforce or higher, then he ll need to get rid of those

9/1/09   |   Pat   |   5134 respect

hapkido_warrior wrote:
getting tattoos is alot cheaper, espescially if he joined a gang/group who does them and he does wear a patch like it said, patch just slipped off
and once again-interferes with training, i imagine grappling on sweaty, bloody mats with a patch of skin in that state would quickly lead to infection

All he would need would be a half dollar-sized black circle over the swastika. That's cheap... trust me. And it would take MAYBE a week to heal. If he really regrets it that much, he'd do it.

9/1/09   |   hapkido_warrior   |   272 respect

getting tattoos is alot cheaper, espescially if he joined a gang/group who does them and he does wear a patch like it said, patch just slipped off
and once again-interferes with training, i imagine grappling on sweaty, bloody mats with a patch of skin in that state would quickly lead to infection

9/1/09   |   Pat   |   5134 respect

If he had the money to get all of these tattoos, then I'm sure he has a few bucks somewhere to cover up at least the swastika.

9/1/09   |   hapkido_warrior   |   272 respect

ChefZay wrote:
So many of you are arguing the mans paycheck? WTF? MMA pays very well and not only that he is preaching hate!! Hey you guys really dont mind that in the back of your heads your not that far from it either,Right?

First of all He does not fight in the UFC
get some education-mma is not UFC, this guy fights in undercards in lower orgs
and second, yes UFC fighters could afford to get a tattoo removed but this sport isnt like others- fighter dont make millions from their companies and most orgs demand rights to sponsors so they arent making up money
and someone brought up a good point- tattoo removal is a painful process and may even interfere with training now that i think about it

chefzjay- learn english and dont reply to yourself and say i agree, it just makes you look like a jacka*s, and if all you intend to do in every forum is spout nonsense about america being the root of all evil and rascism and how terrible it is then please just open a thread for it and dont start new topics

diablorain- instead of pretending you know something everyone else doesnt and talk about hypocrisy and such why not mention them oh wait you already did and later you used the phrase "black Rascists"

you dont see any black guys wearing tattoos or such about exterminating white people- OBAMA IS NOT A PANTHER, hes as white as he is black first of all and second has nothing to do with his race, we elect white men and they dont work for the motives of white men more then others (mostly) and if they do its wrong and generally ends in scandal- that being said yes he got them when he was younger but i dont see anyone saying anything too bad about him here all i ve seen said is that he needs to have them removed which is fair critizism but as a starter fighter you dont have time to stop training between fights to deal with the procedure to get them removed

9/1/09   |   BigameJ3   |   1 respect

ChefZay wrote:
So many of you are arguing the mans paycheck? WTF? MMA pays very well and not only that he is preaching hate!! Hey you guys really dont mind that in the back of your heads your not that far from it either,Right?

anyone who really follows mma knows that the majority of fighters out there are underpaid.  nowadays unless youre in top to upper mid flight companies (ones like ufc, strikeforce, and dream), you better have another job to be safe.  this guy is a fighter no one knows about who fights for a company that only dishes out the big money for its top fighters, which pretty much only consist of fedor emelianenko and gegard mousasi.  and to imply that anyone that doesnt hate on a man that not only do none of us know personally, but has expressed remorse over his past choices, isnt far from racim themselves is pretty ignorant indeed.  i have no reason to believe he isnt remorseful other than the fact that he still has the tattoos.  i know nothing else of his situation so i choose to give him the benefit of the doubt unless he shows me otherwise.  and chances are he wont, since i doubt hell ever make it big enough to get that kind of exposure....especially with those tatts

9/1/09   |   jvuk1   |   16 respect

Diablorain wrote:
i am not a racist but i just hate the hypocritical crap that comes with it....please do not get me started on this subject....

If you mean hypocrisy because of the hate towards racists it is not hypocritical because it is based on their actions not where they are from or what they look like. People don.t have a choice in such matters. But if hating racism and ignorance makes us a haters too, so be it.

9/1/09   |   Diablorain   |   4425 respect

does that also include the Black Racists as well?or is it okay for them to hate white people?

9/1/09   |   Diablorain   |   4425 respect

jvuk1 wrote:
We are talking racism and hate not religion

like i said do not get me started on this...

9/1/09   |   jvuk1   |   16 respect

Diablorain wrote:
i am not a racist but i just hate the hypocritical crap that comes with it....please do not get me started on this subject....

We are talking racism and hate not religion

9/1/09   |   Diablorain   |   4425 respect

jvuk1 wrote:
Little things??? People are dying and suffering every day because of hate and racism. The world would be a much better place and human progress would be accelerated if all racists and haters were executed. Sound like you must be one.

i am not a racist but i just hate the hypocritical crap that comes with it....please do not get me started on this subject....

9/1/09   |   jvuk1   |   16 respect

Diablorain wrote:
people make way to big of a deal outta little things
(Edited by jvuk1)

Little things??? People are dying and suffering every day because of hate and racism. The world would be a much better place and human progress would be accelerated if all racists and haters were executed. Sound like you must be one.

9/1/09   |   Captain_Chaos   |   287 respect

srvntofjesus wrote:
in no way should a cage fighter be a role model for your child.   also kids shouldnt even be watching grown men fight.   if they idolize some one they see as a tough guy and a fighter wouldnt you think that fighting might be 1st and talking it out be 2nd?       also on the tattoo i believe that tatoos are personal art pieces, maybe they are a constant reminder of the past he has put behind himself.  you dont just have them covered up to satisfy others morals.   i am in no way racist or anti anyone.     but i do believ 100% in individual rights.  some t shirts you see at the mall may be just as offensive to someone as the tattoos  but you dont tell them to take it off or turn it inside out!   at least if he wishes his can be coved by a shirt.   but if hes has reformed then i say awsome  if he still hates then we all know where haters go when they die.  Booooooooomer  Soooooooners

Right or wrong on the role model comment, these guys are atheletes - and as such they are looked up to. in fact, some NFL players are looked up to as a role model - and they shouldnt be, but they are - its up to the parents to help their Children choose suitable Role Models.

9/1/09   |   srvntofjesus   |   13 respect

Captain_Chaos wrote:
Regardless of the fact that he is an MMA fighter, he is still a role model of sorts. MMA is a rapidly growing sport, and its fanbase is growing exponentially. Kids look up to these guys, and imo its not cool for kids to see tats that say that. the tats could be covered up - and if he is sincere about being a family man, and he has kids - he obviously doesnt care if his kids see it. just hope he teaches them counter to what teh tats say.

in no way should a cage fighter be a role model for your child.   also kids shouldnt even be watching grown men fight.   if they idolize some one they see as a tough guy and a fighter wouldnt you think that fighting might be 1st and talking it out be 2nd?       also on the tattoo i believe that tatoos are personal art pieces, maybe they are a constant reminder of the past he has put behind himself.  you dont just have them covered up to satisfy others morals.   i am in no way racist or anti anyone.     but i do believ 100% in individual rights.  some t shirts you see at the mall may be just as offensive to someone as the tattoos  but you dont tell them to take it off or turn it inside out!   at least if he wishes his can be coved by a shirt.   but if hes has reformed then i say awsome  if he still hates then we all know where haters go when they die.  Booooooooomer  Soooooooners

9/1/09   |   Diablorain   |   4425 respect

people make way to big of a deal outta little things

9/1/09   |   Diablorain   |   4425 respect

i stand my ground...they are tattoos he said he got them when he was younger,there ya go...if he was going around saying Heil Hitler and stuff then yeah i would have a problem with this...leave the guy alone....he will get them removed when he feels he should....

9/1/09   |   dragn_lover

everyone has their own opinions...and this is america so he can express them. I for one do not agree with the seniment experessed in those tattoos but, it's his body & he can do as he wishes.
if he were really remorseful he would have them removed

9/1/09   |   ChefZay   |   4 respect

ChefZay wrote:
Dude you are sick and it's people like you who make this country not such a nice place!! Do they have the right yeah but, do we have to pay to see it? No MMA fall into a bad place now! Hey  you don't know the difference between a President and a mass muduring ditactor. Obama never killed anyone Hitler killed millions. That is the difference right there but hey you made racist comments before so this is a person expressing your thoughts on their body!!

You don't have to look for it, now a days it slaps some of us right in the Face!!!

9/1/09   |   ipitythefool

ChefZay wrote:
Dude you are sick and it's people like you who make this country not such a nice place!! Do they have the right yeah but, do we have to pay to see it? No MMA fall into a bad place now! Hey  you don't know the difference between a President and a mass muduring ditactor. Obama never killed anyone Hitler killed millions. That is the difference right there but hey you made racist comments before so this is a person expressing your thoughts on their body!!

I think it's a nice place.  But I tend to focus on looking for the good in people and less on the bad.  You can always find the bad if it's all you look for.  Fair-minded Americans far outweigh the racist scumbags these days.

9/1/09   |   ipitythefool

Diablorain wrote:
let the man be...so what people are entitled to their own opinions right?


i mean would a guy that had "I LOVE OBAMA" on his arm have to cover it up?even if i don't like Obama?i don't think so.....i hate how everything is so hypocritical these days

Obama is a man.  Loving or hating one person is not even comparable to hating everyone different than you based on ethnicity or skin color alone.  How can you even make that comparison?

9/1/09   |   ChefZay   |   4 respect

ChefZay wrote:
So many of you are arguing the mans paycheck? WTF? MMA pays very well and not only that he is preaching hate!! Hey you guys really dont mind that in the back of your heads your not that far from it either,Right?

I agree with you!!!

9/1/09   |   jvuk1   |   16 respect

ChefZay wrote:
So many of you are arguing the mans paycheck? WTF? MMA pays very well and not only that he is preaching hate!! Hey you guys really dont mind that in the back of your heads your not that far from it either,Right?

A few years ago I have read in a sports page I think the Toronto Sun that UFC fighters were really underpaid but that was a few years ago and not the MMA but he is not a top fighter in the MMA so I don't think he makes a whole lot but regardless if he is truly remorseful he should have made it a priority to have them removed.

9/1/09   |   ChefZay   |   4 respect

So many of you are arguing the mans paycheck? WTF? MMA pays very well and not only that he is preaching hate!! Hey you guys really dont mind that in the back of your heads your not that far from it either,Right?

9/1/09   |   ChefZay   |   4 respect

Diablorain wrote:
let the man be...so what people are entitled to their own opinions right?


i mean would a guy that had "I LOVE OBAMA" on his arm have to cover it up?even if i don't like Obama?i don't think so.....i hate how everything is so hypocritical these days

Dude you are sick and it's people like you who make this country not such a nice place!! Do they have the right yeah but, do we have to pay to see it? No MMA fall into a bad place now! Hey  you don't know the difference between a President and a mass muduring ditactor. Obama never killed anyone Hitler killed millions. That is the difference right there but hey you made racist comments before so this is a person expressing your thoughts on their body!!

9/1/09   |   jvuk1   |   16 respect

wrote:
he is entitled to his own opinion but when it is plastered all over your body than you consider how it will affect your career,some mma fighters may try to seriously hurt him because they may feel offended by his tattoos

I would

9/1/09   |   jvuk1   |   16 respect

drwurst wrote:
 This debate makes me remember the thing about Janet Jackson's exposed nipple, and how people seemed so utterly disturbed by that. 

Nothing wrong with nipples everyone has them.  Expressions of hate and racism should be a crime. I know all about the necessity of freedom of speech but when speech is harmful to society it should not be allowed

9/1/09   |   jvuk1   |   16 respect

brianmc0331 wrote:
Agree with them or not it is his choice.

Should be illegal

9/1/09   |   jvuk1   |   16 respect

He doesn't look like he is in shape. Never heard of him before but I would like to check out his fights just to root against him.

9/1/09   |   VoodooChild1970

lukey331 wrote:
Drwurst your statement tells me you don't know much about pro sports. You assume everyone is making big money. There are many PRO sport paychecks that are less than your paycheck. Not everyone is making Tiger Woods money.

Yeah most pro Lacrosse players get paid horribly and actually have day jobs.  The best players can make it up to $30k, but most don't get that high.

9/1/09   |   D34D_Merc   |   2 respect

frenchy62 wrote:
The guy is a professional athlete, for heaven's sake. You would think that if he were honestly remorseful about the tattoos, he could easily afford the procedure to have them removed.

Tattoo removal is a long, painful, expensive progress.  The man is in a sport where your name makes you more money than your talent.  If he doesn't have the big sponsors backing him up, he isn't making the money you think he is.

9/1/09   |   lukey331   |   391 respect

frenchy62 wrote:
The guy is a professional athlete, for heaven's sake. You would think that if he were honestly remorseful about the tattoos, he could easily afford the procedure to have them removed.

Drwurst your statement tells me you don't know much about pro sports. You assume everyone is making big money. There are many PRO sport paychecks that are less than your paycheck. Not everyone is making Tiger Woods money.

9/1/09   |   Captain_Chaos   |   287 respect

Regardless of the fact that he is an MMA fighter, he is still a role model of sorts. MMA is a rapidly growing sport, and its fanbase is growing exponentially. Kids look up to these guys, and imo its not cool for kids to see tats that say that. the tats could be covered up - and if he is sincere about being a family man, and he has kids - he obviously doesnt care if his kids see it. just hope he teaches them counter to what teh tats say.

9/1/09   |   brianmc0331   |   10 respect

Agree with them or not it is his choice.

8/31/09   |   frenchy62   |   3 respect

The guy is a professional athlete, for heaven's sake. You would think that if he were honestly remorseful about the tattoos, he could easily afford the procedure to have them removed.

8/31/09   |   drwurst   |   12 respect

(Edited by drwurst)

 This debate makes me remember the thing about Janet Jackson's exposed nipple, and how people seemed so utterly disturbed by that. 

8/31/09   |   hapkido_warrior   |   272 respect

yeah m-1 global's pretty messed up and greedy
i wouldnt be surprised if theres a few scandals hidden in their company

8/31/09   |   BigameJ3   |   1 respect

doesnt really bother me.  people do some really dumb things when theyre young, and although he could get them removed i'll give him the benefit of the doubt when he says he's remorseful about them.  i'm a helluva a lot more suspicious of M-1 Global than i am of this guy, offensive tattoos and all.

8/31/09   |   hapkido_warrior   |   272 respect

nah you can get rid of those tattoos, its kindof expensive, but if hes serious about being a pro athlete he ll get it done
and the 'i love obama remark' are you kidding me? since when is obama black power? how many meetings has he held and bills pushed to exterminate races? how many black superiority acts has he passed?
born to hate combined with white power and a swastica doesnt mean you want your people represented within the country it means you want your people and only your people represented
this all being said, he could really be remorseful- it happens, grow up in the wrong neighborhood, if your raised this way everyday and get your butt whooped in school on a regular basis and white power guys are the only ones willing to back you up it gets you involved,
its similiar to gangs in many black/hispanic communities and alot of guys get out of it when they get older, i just hope his apology is sincere and that he gets those tattoos removed very soon
maybe m-1 will help him out, Fedor certainly likes them enough to give up moving to the UFC

8/31/09   |   Ray_Gamma   |   17 respect

Diablorain wrote:
let the man be...so what people are entitled to their own opinions right?


i mean would a guy that had "I LOVE OBAMA" on his arm have to cover it up?even if i don't like Obama?i don't think so.....i hate how everything is so hypocritical these days

That's Waaaaaaaaaaay off. Completely different. 

8/31/09   |   brucek863   |   50 respect

(Edited by Pat)

If he was sorry about having those tattoos he would of had them covered up. And as for Diablorain there is a difference in not liking someone because who they are than not liking someone because how they look.

8/31/09   |   djjfrench   |   67 respect

Diablorain wrote:
let the man be...so what people are entitled to their own opinions right?


i mean would a guy that had "I LOVE OBAMA" on his arm have to cover it up?even if i don't like Obama?i don't think so.....i hate how everything is so hypocritical these days

 Being a black guy doesn't bother me, it's his body and his choice.  Seriously I wouldn't get in a fight with him but I'd just not watch and keep my distance.  There's still plenty of hate in the world not like this is the only one example.

8/31/09   |   Pat   |   5134 respect

Diablorain wrote:
let the man be...so what people are entitled to their own opinions right?


i mean would a guy that had "I LOVE OBAMA" on his arm have to cover it up?even if i don't like Obama?i don't think so.....i hate how everything is so hypocritical these days

Seriously? Wow... you really think that's a valid comparison?

8/31/09   |   Diablorain   |   4425 respect

let the man be...so what people are entitled to their own opinions right?


i mean would a guy that had "I LOVE OBAMA" on his arm have to cover it up?even if i don't like Obama?i don't think so.....i hate how everything is so hypocritical these days