Top 10 Highest Paid NBA Players
- Kobe Bryant - $27.8 million
- Dirk Nowitzki - $20.9 million
- Carmelo Anthony - $20.4 million
- Amare Stoudemire - $19.9 million
- Joe Johnson - $19.7 million
- Dwight Howard - $19.5 million
- Pau Gasol - $19 million
- Chris Paul - $17.7 million
- LeBron James - $17.5 million
- Chris Bosh - $17.5 million
Perhaps what is most alarming is how much more Kobe Bryant makes compared to everyone else. Since, Kobe’s contract was sign prior to the CBA (Collective Bargaining Agreement), he makes $10 million more than the 8th, 9th, and 10th highest paid players. This begs the question, how much is Kobe Bryant really worth today? For example, younger players in the primes such as Kevin Durant (3 –Time Scoring Champ) ranked 15th and Derrick Rose (MVP) ranked 18th.
Furthermore, the San Antonio Spurs who boasted of the NBA’s best record and nearly made it to the Finals last year, had their highest paid player at the 22nd spot (Manu Ginobili).
However, what Kobe Bryant brings to the table - better than anyone else - is talent and tickets. One in which the likes of the fifth highest player, Joe Johnson, does not. Still, that begs the question, how much money is Kobe Bryant really worth if LeBron James is making $17 million?