Add twelve more names to the suspension list in MLB's Biogenesis investigation
• Nelson Cruz, Texas Rangers outfielder
• Everth Cabrera, San Diego Padres shortstop
• Jhonny Peralta, Detroit Tigers shortstop
• Antonio Bastardo, Philadelphia Phillies reliever
• Jordany Valdespin, New York Mets outfielder
• Francisco Cervelli, Yankees catcher
• Jesus Montero, Seattle Mariners catcher
• Cesar Puello, New York Mets outfield prospect
• Fautino De Los Santos, San Diego Padres pitching prospect
• Sergio Escalona, Houston Astros pitching prospect
• Fernando Martinez, New York Yankees outfield prospect
• Jordan Norberto, free-agent pitcher
There's still no word yet on Alex Rodriguez, mostly because he's likely to appeal his suspension, and also his suspension appears to be for more than the 50 game suspensions that these players received.
What do you think about this news? Is Major League Baseball any cleaner than it was a few weeks ago? Will these suspensions make players think twice about trying to use performance enhancing drugs? Or is it just MLB's way of trying to show they're doing something to clean up the game? What's your take?