On one hand, you could say that I didn't keep my Lenten vow very long. The way I prefer to see things is that I had a strong evening with 3 out of 4 tickets cashed. It's not an official roll yet, but the key word there is "yet". Let's see if we can keep things going tonight.
THE NBA (5-7 last night and 15-20 so far for the week)
SU WINNERS (8-4 last night and 18-16 so far for the week)
THUNDER and LAKERS
TOTALS (2-10 last night and 12-23 so far for the week)
Both of tonight's offerings look to be UNDERS - Heat/THUNDER (204 1/2) and Clippers/LAKERS (199)
BUTTA (1-0 last night and 1-2 so far for the week)
I don't care if it is the last night for the NBA till next Tuesday, I'm not going to force a play.
ALL THE REST
1. THUNDER (-5) over Heat - Say what you will about the chip the Thunder has on it's shoulder for getting beat for the championship last season. That didn't work out so well for them in the 1st meeting between these teams this year in Miami. Maybe the home environment will aid OkC here, but I don't want anything to do with it. THUNDER 103, Heat 90
2. LAKERS (+3) vs. Clippers - I'm not at all on board with my numbers for this game. Yes, the Clips are on the b2b, but how taxing can it be when they're playing a "road" game in the same building in which they play their home games. It sure looks like everything should tip in the Clips favor here, but the numbers don't back that up, so I'm out of it. LAKERS 94, Clippers 88
COLLEGE HOOPS (15-18 ATS/22-11 SU/14-19 TOTALS last night and 27-27/35-17/25-29 so far for the week)
BUTTA (2-1 last night and for the week)
1. Denver (-2, O115) 64, UTAH ST. 53 - The Aggies look like they've got their feet under them again with a 3-game winning streak, but those teams they defeated have a combined record of only 10-28 in WAC play. This Denver team is a horse of a much different color, and the Ags are still very beat up with 4 starters from the start of the season injured and unable to play. We're getting a real bargain with this number.
2. La. Tech (-6 1/2, U138) 79, SEATTLE 58 - Tech is at the top of the WAC with an undefeated conference record. Maybe the RedHawks keep this one close on their home floor, but they haven't succeeded much in doing that against "quality" teams so far this season.
I probably don't need to tell you, but I'm only interested in the sides on the above games and not the TOTALS.
ALL THE REST
1. GEORGIA TECH (-2 1/2, O114 1/2) 65, Clemson 51
2. MINNESOTA (-4 1/2, O119) 67, Wisconsin 61
3. OHIO ST. (-17, U124) 63, Northwestern 45
4. Iowa (-7 1/2, U131 1/2) 60, PENN ST. 52
5. LOUISVILLE 64, St. John's (+17, U132 1/2) 54
6. S. CAROLINA (pk, U139 1/2) 61, Lsu 60
7. ARKANSAS ST. (-9, U126) 55, Ark.-Little Rock 43
8. FLA.-ATLANTIC (+1 1/2, U127 1/2) 68, W. Kentucky 57
9. N. Texas (-4, U131) 67, LA.-MONROE 57
10. S. ALABAMA (-6, U143 1/2) 72, Louisiana 49
11. TROY ST. (pk, O135) 75, Fla.-Int'l 63
12. Tex.-Arlington (+2, O128 1/2) 75, IDAHO 67
13. New Mexico St. (-9 1/2, O124) 73, SAN JOSE ST. 51
14. CAL (-3, U143 1/2) 73, Ucla 60
15. Arizona (-2 1/2, O135) 74, COLORADO 68
16. STANFORD (-9 1/2, O135 1/2) 76, Usc 66
As stated above, no more NBA till Tuesday after tonight. We'll have to rely on the kids for a few days, and that's okay. There's only 1 game on the slate for tomorrow, so it's probably going to be a "hit and run" type post, so be on the lookout for that. Have a great Valentine's Day, suckas! I'll see you tomorrow.