Which QB can lead the Eagles to the promised land?
(i.e. 7-9 record, NFC East title, and 1st round playoff exit).
Gut Feeling is a completely unsolicited, unfounded, and downright irresponsible breakdown of some of the hot, hot, hot sports debates of the day. The following analysis is intended to stimulate thought, disregard as many "statistics" and "facts" as possible, and leave the reader more emotionally confused on the subject than they began. Today we're looking at
The Case for Mike Vick
1. Who better to run the fastest offense on planet Earth than the fastest quarterback in the NFL?! I don't know, maybe Nick Foles. This why we're here, to figure this out.
2. Vick's propensity to get injured is a sure-fire way to buy the Eagles offense some extra timeouts as they gasp for oxygen.
3. He's left-handed, which is very exotic. Puts fans in the seats. Gives the opposing players' children nightmares. Creates a market for left-handed office supplies.
4. Likelihood Nick Foles was at the Kenny Chesney concert with Riley Cooper: 55%
Likelihood Vick was at Kenny Chesney concert with Riley Cooper: 0%
5. Before getting injured, Vick had the Eagles flying high, right in the thick of the heated NFC East race (they were 1-3).
The Case for Nick Foles
1. Won the QB competition fair and square! (As in he waited patiently until Vick got injured, which is how we all expected it to play out).
2. Slayed the mighty Giants last week, putting him in the elite company of just 5 other quarterbacks this season.
3. Brings his own football to the game (but is touchy about letting others play with it, in all fairness).
4. His golden blonde hair beautifully complements all the pink NFL players seem to be wearing these days.
5. Would re-order the Eagles depth chart, bringing us one step closer to seeing 4th-stringer Air Bud finally get a chance to show what he can do.
In conclusion, my gut feeling tells me that Mike Vick should start when healthy, which should give Nick Foles a ton of playing time, expediting the process of realizing that Nick Foles is not a good NFL quarterback, thus giving Matt Barkley a shot to prove to the Eagles organization that they must draft a quarterback next year, all the while completely distracting us from dealing with tediousness of climate change.