Kobe Bryant Game Winner Against Sacramento Kings

Kobe Bryant Hits The Shot of The Decade

1/2/10 in NBA   |   kantwistaye   |   4210 respect



Kobe Bryant is the balls.  Once again, Kobe hits a game winner this year.  While this is exciting and all, its is a bit alarming for the Lakers.  While they are playing amazing in close games this year ideally they would blow out a few more teams.  Either way, right now Lakers fans will take it.
Notify me by email about comments that follow mine. Preview

3/29/10   |   myrna_ventura   |   1214 respect

jtrain11 wrote:
Kobe is one of the  top 5 best players to ever play for the association.  In the end he might be considered the best ever.  6 championships is not out the realm of possibilities.  I love me some Jordan... grew up on that guy, but you can make an argument about who will be considered the best in the end.  I might have to go with Kobe. 

So do I LOL 

3/29/10   |   myrna_ventura   |   1214 respect

chrismac wrote:
so say's the homer. Yeah, sorry but Kobe had a better supporting cast than MJ every year. Tell me the last Champion to have a non-factor center win a championship. Exactly, you can't. Every Lakers title teams had a greater supporting cast than MJ . Don't give me this age garbage b/c we're in the internet age. Plus everything you say basically mean's dick b/c you are a Laker fan. Of course you think Kobe's better. Kobe getting 2-3 more MVP's? Let's just act like MJ didn't get shafted against Karl Malone for MVP and still Kobe has to get 2-3 more MVP's just to equal MJ. Let's not forget the fact that MJ left in his Prime and came back didn't miss a beat. He picked up where he left off. And Kobe rapes white girls, MJ gambles. I'll take the gambler.

Very well said LOL Peace

3/29/10   |   myrna_ventura   |   1214 respect

kaitlyntruong0216 wrote:
 i  dont get why people like kobe bryan sooo much to me he sucks

LOL 

1/18/10   |   kantwistaye   |   4210 respect

wrote:
 Wait... the NBA was absolutely awful during MJ's time? Huh? The era of the original dream team, the likes of Bird and Magic, Barkley, Stockton & Malone, Robinson...? 

 I was referring to the 90's, which were awful.  The 80's is obviously untouchable and will never be matched.  The current era is about as close to the "superteams" of the 80's that we'll get and the bad economy has actually helped make that happen.  The only problem is that there are are a good amount of individual teams who are in tough financial shape, which is a pretty dire situation.

1/18/10   |   kantwistaye   |   4210 respect

The MJ/Kobe debate is stupid and pointless, but can we at least remember that the NBA was absolutely awful during MJ's time.  Also, Scottie Pippen is one of the 50 greatest NBA players of all time so its not like he had no one.  The Lakers are loaded, but nobody else on that roster is a HOFer.

1/18/10   |   chrismac   |   53 respect

(Edited by chrismac)

so say's the homer. Yeah, sorry but Kobe had a better supporting cast than MJ every year. Tell me the last Champion to have a non-factor center win a championship. Exactly, you can't. Every Lakers title teams had a greater supporting cast than MJ . Don't give me this age garbage b/c we're in the internet age. Plus everything you say basically mean's dick b/c you are a Laker fan. Of course you think Kobe's better. Kobe getting 2-3 more MVP's? Let's just act like MJ didn't get shafted against Karl Malone for MVP and still Kobe has to get 2-3 more MVP's just to equal MJ. Let's not forget the fact that MJ left in his Prime and came back didn't miss a beat. He picked up where he left off. And Kobe rapes white girls, MJ gambles. I'll take the gambler.

1/3/10   |   Onegoodredhead2   |   9961 respect

kobe had to deal with a VERY public media bash ,and he was a kid,,,,,and still has played great  ball,whn some one can play well under constant scrunitny  they are a GREAT plaer,,Its Kobe who leads that team ,the oyung guys and plays consistantl!!!  Kobe is the man!!!

1/3/10   |   BSUBER8809   |   19 respect

WBKsports wrote:
But Kobe still had to make the shot, and "It was for the Win..." 

The shot over D-Wade was luck as it banked in, off-balance, on one foot...Kobe's best buzzer beaters are obviously those 2 in the  2006 Payoffs Game 4 vs. the Suns and  the shots back in 2004 vs. Portland when he hit a 3 to force OT...then hit another 3 in 2OT to win the Pacific Division Title on the last day of the regular season...

The one to force OT in Game 2 of the NBA Finals 2004 vs. Detroit was amazing too...

Check your stats, Kobe was probably the best all-around player on the Lakers team who won 3 titles from 2000-2002. Shaq was the dominating force, but Kobe put in all the clutch FTs and made big time shots in the playoffs just like Robert Horry and D-Fish...

You said, "Kobe is not better than MJ thinking such is shortsighted."...  Shortsighted?? More like "Obvious" because MJ has 6 NBA Rings and many more MVP awards and scoring Titles...

But if Kobe does get 2 More Rings and say 2-3 More MVPs...You could pretty much hold him and MJ right up there on the G.O.A.T legacy no doubt about it...

It's starting to get funny when guys who were 12 years old when MJ won his 6th Championship start claiming nobody could compare to MJ...

Do you even watch the NBA????

Kobe Bryant for MVP again....

1/3/10   |   WBKsports   |   366 respect

chrismac wrote:
Is there some other video to the real shot because this shot is nothing compared to what he's done in the past? The shot over D-Wade was better and to pretend like this was great makes me laugh. The defense was terrible simply because he's not double teamed and who doesn't get open by performing an illegal screen anyways.

I would argue that Kobe is one of the top 5 shooting guards in the Association ever. Top 5 in the association outright is bull. Never gonna surpass Jordan because Jordan owned the sport and no one was near his level. Kobe did not and wasn't even the best player on all but 1 championship teams. Kobe is not better than MJ thinking such is shortsighted.
(Edited by WBKsports)

But Kobe still had to make the shot, and "It was for the Win..." 

The shot over D-Wade was luck as it banked in, off-balance, on one foot...Kobe's best buzzer beaters are obviously those 2 in the  2006 Payoffs Game 4 vs. the Suns and  the shots back in 2004 vs. Portland when he hit a 3 to force OT...then hit another 3 in 2OT to win the Pacific Division Title on the last day of the regular season...

The one to force OT in Game 2 of the NBA Finals 2004 vs. Detroit was amazing too...

Check your stats, Kobe was probably the best all-around player on the Lakers team who won 3 titles from 2000-2002. Shaq was the dominating force, but Kobe put in all the clutch FTs and made big time shots in the playoffs just like Robert Horry and D-Fish...

You said, "Kobe is not better than MJ thinking such is shortsighted."...  Shortsighted?? More like "Obvious" because MJ has 6 NBA Rings and many more MVP awards and scoring Titles...

But if Kobe does get 2 More Rings and say 2-3 More MVPs...You could pretty much hold him and MJ right up there on the G.O.A.T legacy no doubt about it...

It's starting to get funny when guys who were 12 years old when MJ won his 6th Championship start claiming nobody could compare to MJ...

Do you even watch the NBA????

1/2/10   |   TB12   |   25 respect

(Edited by TB12)

i wasn't surprised at all cuz i knew he was gonna do it. this's not the 1st time. if it was lebron i will be shock, but lebron is not clutch anyway. that's seperats him from every one else. so take that all yr kobe haters. he will do it again and again . yea the black mamba

1/2/10   |   kantwistaye   |   4210 respect

BluDevil wrote:
Great shot.... Kobe is the man but it is a bit concerning for the Lakers that they are having to use up all his late game heroics to beat teams like the kings... need to save some of these shots for the playoffs.

 Exactly my fears.  If this is just a rough stretch then fine, it happens, but otherwise we might be in trouble come the playoffs.

1/2/10   |   kaitlyntruong0216

kaitlyntruong0216 wrote:
 mann another guy who likes kobe!dang it!

cmon u know my comment is real

1/2/10   |   BluDevil   |   618 respect

Great shot.... Kobe is the man but it is a bit concerning for the Lakers that they are having to use up all his late game heroics to beat teams like the kings... need to save some of these shots for the playoffs.

1/2/10   |   DeeRigga   |   5704 respect

kaitlyntruong0216 wrote:
 mann another guy who likes kobe!dang it!

Don't hate, gurl...just absorb the love and fit in! You know you want to!!

1/2/10   |   joshwillis22   |   11 respect

kantwistaye wrote:
 It was a joke.  Basically it was the shot of the night, but its the first night of the decade hence "The Shot of the Decade".

Ahhhh, you got me there. Like most who are disagreeing with the article, I too was thinking from the last decade. Sorry, my bad.

1/2/10   |   kantwistaye   |   4210 respect

joshwillis22 wrote:
As much as I hate Kobe, I will admit that was a nice shot. But how is that "The Shot of the Decade?" I can think of quite a few that were better than that. Hell, there might of even been a better shot so far this season and it's not even halfway over yet.

 It was a joke.  Basically it was the shot of the night, but its the first night of the decade hence "The Shot of the Decade".

1/2/10   |   joshwillis22   |   11 respect

As much as I hate Kobe, I will admit that was a nice shot. But how is that "The Shot of the Decade?" I can think of quite a few that were better than that. Hell, there might of even been a better shot so far this season and it's not even halfway over yet.

1/2/10   |   chrismac   |   53 respect

Is there some other video to the real shot because this shot is nothing compared to what he's done in the past? The shot over D-Wade was better and to pretend like this was great makes me laugh. The defense was terrible simply because he's not double teamed and who doesn't get open by performing an illegal screen anyways.

I would argue that Kobe is one of the top 5 shooting guards in the Association ever. Top 5 in the association outright is bull. Never gonna surpass Jordan because Jordan owned the sport and no one was near his level. Kobe did not and wasn't even the best player on all but 1 championship teams. Kobe is not better than MJ thinking such is shortsighted.

1/2/10   |   b213sep   |   170 respect

that was a nice shot....I can bet on that.....hats off to Kobe...and thumbs up to Lakers

1/2/10   |   kaitlyntruong0216

DeeRigga wrote:
Mmmmmm Mmmmmm!  There aren't enough phrases to use for this dude...but I got one:

Dayum, he's GOOD!

 mann another guy who likes kobe!dang it!

1/2/10   |   WhoDat12   |   2252 respect

 Once again, the Lakers take it to the Sacramento QUEENS. Congratulations, you have been Kobe'd once again.

1/2/10   |   kaitlyntruong0216

 i  dont get why people like kobe bryan sooo much to me he sucks

1/2/10   |   jtrain11   |   188 respect

(Edited by jtrain11)

Kobe is one of the  top 5 best players to ever play for the association.  In the end he might be considered the best ever.  6 championships is not out the realm of possibilities.  I love me some Jordan... grew up on that guy, but you can make an argument about who will be considered the best in the end.  I might have to go with Kobe. 

1/2/10   |   mk_donley   |   2554 respect

Somewhere in North Carolina Michael Jordan is smiling.

1/2/10   |   Joe_L   |   12371 respect

Not a Kobe fan, with that said winners always want the ball when the game is on the line.

1/2/10   |   Jay_B   |   193 respect

(Edited by Jay_B)

 Great ones in all sports love these moments!!! Even if they miss it they want it the next time. This is what seperates them from very good players. As I watched with friends we kept our eyes on Kobe, we knew!!! lol!!!

1/2/10   |   DeeRigga   |   5704 respect

Mmmmmm Mmmmmm!  There aren't enough phrases to use for this dude...but I got one:

Dayum, he's GOOD!

1/2/10   |   Onegoodredhead2   |   9961 respect

all you kobe haters.....Take that!!!!! as issac hayes would say,,"shut your mouth!"

1/2/10   |   Boski93   |   375 respect

Silly, he is just plain silly. The man can finish.

1/2/10   |   Chief_aka_James   |   3292 respect

I'm obviously still an idiot when it comes to this "New Year's" stuff, I was getting ready to say "The shot was good and all, but I can think of hundreds more that were better."

Just ignore me as I'm still trying to figure out this 2010 thing.

1/2/10   |   WBKsports   |   366 respect

 All day...Everyday...