PETA's "Vegetarians Have Better Sex" Super Bowl Ad Banned By NBC

This Could Be The Best Ad That NBC Won't Let You See On Super Bowl Sunday

1/27/09 in NFL   |   Pat   |   5138 respect



I'm normally not a big fan of PETA, because I think that generally they're a bit over the top with their hatred and contempt for the carnivores among us. This, however, was a stroke of genius, and it could have been one of the best Super Bowl ads out there. Unfortunately, NBC nixed it, so we'll be stuck with things like horses farting and GoDaddy.com girls. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Here's the email from NBC, telling PETA why their ad was unacceptable:



I suppose that stuff is a little excessive for NBC during their biggest event of the year. But since you won't see it during the Super Bowl, at least you got a sneak preview. Enjoy.


NBC Bans PETA's "Vegetarians Have Better Sex" Super Bowl Ad [PETA] via [Bob's Blitz]
Notify me by email about comments that follow mine. Preview

1/28/09   |   jjh8857   |   315 respect

wrote:
Quick question shouldn't watching sports go against peta's stance? After all shoes are made with leather, footballs, basketballs and baseballs are all made with leather. Leather is cow skin if a cow didn't die how could they get it's skin. It just seems hypocritical that a cow shouldn't die for human nourishment but it is okay for it to die for human entertainment.

Indeed.  It's all a work in proress.  Those are legit issues.

1/28/09   |   lebronjameshayes

how many pre-teens and teens (male) would eat their veggies after that add XD

1/28/09   |   jjh8857   |   315 respect

Like any movement or cause it usually takes an extremeist to bring the necessary attention to the matter.  Unfortunately there are crazies associated with almost everything. 

1/27/09   |   snbslugger

jjh8857 wrote:
I disagree.  Some factions of the group do that but I am a longtime PETA member & I don't do any of that.  Those other organizations are also excellent groups to be a part of.  It's like saying that all Americans are bad because of Timothy McVeigh.  Next issue...

Fair enough, and I apologize for painting with such a broad brush.  I assume then that you would condemn PeTA founder Ingrid Newkirk's involvement with the ALF and her condoning, if not directly advocating their illegal activity?

People wouldn't find PeTA so offensive if there was a moderate voice among them, perhaps to educate others about their message and why some PeTA members have made a conscious choice to change their lifestyles.  Rather than attacking people with buckets of blood and screaming profanity and abusive language at someone walking down the street wearing fur (which is still legal in this country), maybe they could explain their viewpoints like rational human beings, while exercising some respect and tolerance of others.

If there are more moderate-minded folks like yourself in this organization, it would be refreshing to hear from them. You see the type of reaction PeTA gets much of the time beacuse of some of the more extreme members of your organization.  They are considered by many as elitist, arrogant, intolerant, bullies.  At that point, the fundamental message is lost and it's deteriorated into just trying to shock and offend as many people as possible.  The bad apples are spoiling the bunch.

I love animals, and I agree with some of what PeTA is trying to do, but their propaganda machine is so aggressive and so polarizing, it drives me, and likely others away.

That said, I am disappointed I will not be viewing this commercial during the Super Bowl in STUNNING High Definition.

1/27/09   |   jjh8857   |   315 respect

snbslugger wrote:
Yeah but it'll be the last 20 years when I'll be dead and you'll be wondering daily whether you can make it to the bathroom in time.  You can have those years.

I've got nothing against vegetarians, other than those who think they are superior and take a snooty, elitist attitude toward others because of their personal choice. 

PeTA, however, is a terrorist organization.  They advocate arson, assault and vandalism to push their agenda of "total animal liberation".  If you care about animals, support your local Humane Society, Animal Rescue or the ASPCA.  Don't give your money or support to these disgusting human beings.

I disagree.  Some factions of the group do that but I am a longtime PETA member & I don't do any of that.  Those other organizations are also excellent groups to be a part of.  It's like saying that all Americans are bad because of Timothy McVeigh.  Next issue...

1/27/09   |   herbadyoyo

Wooooooooooow it was only a commercial .

1/27/09   |   snbslugger

jjh8857 wrote:
That's fine.  You'll be dead 20 years before me so I still win.

Yeah but it'll be the last 20 years when I'll be dead and you'll be wondering daily whether you can make it to the bathroom in time.  You can have those years.

I've got nothing against vegetarians, other than those who think they are superior and take a snooty, elitist attitude toward others because of their personal choice. 

PeTA, however, is a terrorist organization.  They advocate arson, assault and vandalism to push their agenda of "total animal liberation".  If you care about animals, support your local Humane Society, Animal Rescue or the ASPCA.  Don't give your money or support to these disgusting human beings.

1/27/09   |   coolkraft2003   |   6 respect

yuk

1/27/09   |   floydgirl79

(Edited by floydgirl79)

peta has lost touch with reality!!!! To say a chicken's life is as important as mine is retarded. So if your child and a chicken are about to be run over, would a peta member have a moral dilemma!?!? Check out http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/group.php?gid=21096497849 to see the truth about peta!!!! excuse me now i have a big plate of MEAT to go eat!!!! and btw i prefer having sex with humans, call me funny that way! ha

1/27/09   |   gobigblue1960   |   4802 respect

If they were SMART, PETA would have waited until the Super Bowl was on FOX...!

1/27/09   |   Dream_Machine   |   12886 respect

jjh8857 wrote:
PETA doesn't hate people.  They hate Neanderthanls who abuse animals.
(Edited by Dream_Machine)

So does that mean that all of PETA's people are vegetarians/vegans or do they just advocate for animals? which is it. And is it all animals, insects, lions, tigers and bears oh my!

1/27/09   |   jjh8857   |   315 respect

raptrbreth wrote:
"Vegetarians have better sex" with plants?  I prefer a human, and not a pasty, malnourished one at that.

Facts are facts.  Vegetarians live longer happier lives as well.  I'm a vegetarian.  Tony Gonzalez is a vegetarian.  Do we look pasty & malnourished?

1/27/09   |   jjh8857   |   315 respect

snbslugger wrote:
For every animal you don't eat, I'm gonna eat three.

That's fine.  You'll be dead 20 years before me so I still win.

1/27/09   |   jjh8857   |   315 respect

Raider_Dave wrote:
PETA sucks because they basically hate people and love animals, but this commercial would've been fun to see.  I'm sure it will be an onine sensation like the original godaddy.com spots.  Being banned is usually better publicity for something like this anyways since it has the appeal of being taboo.

PETA doesn't hate people.  They hate Neanderthanls who abuse animals.

1/27/09   |   Sam_Ace

I think I'm going to have a hard time finishing my veggies tonight

1/27/09   |     |   1 respect


The hot chick made him sick..

1/27/09   |   derms33   |   17642 respect

you know those studies are crap...Women like MEAT...come on PETA

1/27/09   |   Raider_Dave   |   47 respect

PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals

1/27/09   |   snbslugger

For every animal you don't eat, I'm gonna eat three.

1/27/09   |   KDP9

That's weird i just bought all of those veggies yesterday at the grocery store and I wasn't sure why.  Now I know! 

1/27/09   |   raptrbreth   |   19 respect

"Vegetarians have better sex" with plants?  I prefer a human, and not a pasty, malnourished one at that.

1/27/09   |   elevenbravo138again   |   1155 respect

Pumpkins are fine, but once you've had Eggplant... you never go back!  Also the Bud Light Poisoned Blowfish ad is decent.

1/27/09   |   100%InjuryRate   |   1283 respect

Pumpkins are known for their incredible ability in the sack

1/27/09   |   Raider_Dave   |   47 respect

PETA sucks because they basically hate people and love animals, but this commercial would've been fun to see.  I'm sure it will be an onine sensation like the original godaddy.com spots.  Being banned is usually better publicity for something like this anyways since it has the appeal of being taboo.