"I Think Fedor Would Tear Brock (Lesnar) Up At This Point" -Randy Couture [Video]
In a post-fight interview following his TKO loss to Brock Lesnar, former UFC heavyweight champion Randy Couture had some very interesting things to say.
- Either Brock scrambled his brain, or Lesnar's knockdown punch definitely surprised him: "It happened fast. I don't remember getting hit, and the next thing you know, I'm on the ground. Things tend to happen fast in a fight"
- On what he would change in a rematch: "Not a lot, really. I didn't make a lot of mistakes, I was doing the things that I trained to do in just about every area of the fight, I just got caught. It happens.
- A subtle dig on Lesnar? "Some people say you'd rather be lucky than good any day"
- When asked if Lesnar was now a greater threat then Fedor: "No, I don't think so. No. I think Fedor would probably tear Brock up at this point. I think Brock has a ton of potential, obviously. He's getting better each and every time he steps out, but he still has some holes in his game. I think he knows that, but he's doing the right things to shore it up.
- What's next for Couture? "I don't know yet, haven't figured it out. We'll figure it out, we'll sort it out"
It sounds like Randy still wants a shot at Fedor. The way he smirked when asked if Brock Lesnar was a bigger threat, as well as the way he downplayed Lesnar's victory and hinted that it was lucky definitely makes me believe that Couture desperately wants a rematch, and wants to position himself for a fight with Fedor Emelianenko before his career comes to a close. This has been something that Randy has wanted for a long time, and it looks like he's not giving up.
Randy Couture: Fedor Emelianenko Would Tear Brock Lesnar Up, 'I Just Got Caught' [RawVegas.tv] via [Fanhouse]