Shane Mosley Challenges Floyd Mayweather After Fight Vs Juan Manuel Marquez
Boxing

Is A Mosley-Mayweather Fight Really Necessary?

9/21/09 in Boxing   |   Pat   |   5229 respect


The post-fight scene in Las Vegas after Floyd Mayweather's unanimous decision win over Juan Manuel Marquez was pretty much exactly what you would expect. It was completely ridiculous, and involved several obnoxious men in a battle of nearly incomparable egos.

Shane Mosley came into the ring and interrupted Mayweather's interview with Max Kellerman to tell the world that he should be Mayweather's next opponent. He also said some other things that drew my interest, as a UFC fan, but we'll start from the beginning.

First, Mayweather seemed completely uninterested in discussing the issue of his weight, and the significant difference between him and his opponent. Kellerman tried to bring it up several times, but Mayweather wasn't having it. He named all his sponsors, and then suddenly when Kellerman brought up the fact that Mayweather came in 2 pounds overweight for a fight where he was already going to be the bigger boxer, he said that was in the past, and he only wanted to talk about the fight.

Shortly after that, "Sugar" Shane Mosley stepped up to the mic, and said that the fans deserved to see him and Mayweather fight, instead of the fight with Manny Pacquiao, which has been flying around the rumor boards since Mayweather un-retired.

Mosley also had some interesting things to say about the UFC, in an apparent attempt to re-kindle the competition between mixed martial arts and boxing:

"This is what will save boxing and will stop (people) going to UFC and watch fights. Here's where they're supposed to be watching."

I would vehemently disagree with that statement. If someone enjoys MMA, then they're not really going to get any more excited about Mayweather-Mosley than they were for Mayweather-Marquez, or Mayweather-Pacquiao. While most reasonable boxing fans agree that the MMA and boxing markets are distinctly separate entities, it seems like there are a few people in each community that insist on making it a competition, and it's hard to believe that's productive for anyone.

In the end, the whole post-fight ordeal just looked like a circus. This is no surprise... it seems like we see this after every big fight. Hopefully boxing either starts thriving again, or dies completely, and we won't have to hear any more nonsense about which fight between 2 of the 5 marketable fighters on the planet will "save" boxing.


If Boxing Weren't Dead Already, Max Kellerman Would've Killed It On Saturday [Deadspin]
Is Mosley next for Mayweather after domination of Marquez? [USA Today]
Mayweather confrontation with Mosley could mean something, or nothing [Las Vegas Sun]
Notify me by email about comments that follow mine. Preview

4/3/10   |   myrna_ventura   |   1214 respect

alainpeartree wrote:
mayweather isnt dumb,,,,,, and he ran from DelaHoya the whole fight, the same way he ran years ago from Pernell Whitaker

The  a runner who won  that's what  really amazed me LOL   

4/3/10   |   myrna_ventura   |   1214 respect

alsportsfreak wrote:
Floyd Mayweather Jr is a cherry picker, he is so over-rated, and only fights against fighters under his weight division, i want to see this fight, Mossley is perfect for him, if Floyd beats Mossley then I will then be convinced until then NOT A CHANCE!

who....ho......   agree LOL 

4/3/10   |   myrna_ventura   |   1214 respect

mk_donley wrote:
Boxing is dead already. Heck if you go to the cemetary where Howard Cosell is buried, he'll tell you the same thing.

Ha...ha...  I believe so  LOL.   

10/29/09   |   BLUESTARZ77   |   32 respect

its not neccessary he will beat the brkes off of mosely and mosely knows that he just wants the money for fighting pretty boy that's it

10/6/09   |   J-Mack

kylejackson071 wrote:
half of this countries problems would be solved if congressman both democrat and republican would come up with solutions to problems instead of criticism and political slander. I fully agree with the PRESIDENT...If u don't like his way then come up with a alternative plan instead of whining about it. Sitting around and doing nothing however is not an option!!!

wow i cant believe you said that lol, you must be a casual boxing fan with little knowledge. Mosley is a top pound for pound boxer now he holds the number 1 belt in mayweathers weight class. @ one point he was the pound 4 pound champ, and is a lock for the boxing hall of fame. and that being said you cant be serious about the money, mosley mayweather will bring more money to mayweather than his last 5 fights and thats a trure statement. and your statment is the one of the main reasons why boxing is jive suffering as of now. the best can pick and choice there fights. and the big fight everyonewants to see is that mayweather pac wich will be a huge fight maybe record braking as of now but its a good chance cotto might win and what then, and if pac wins mayweather just going to beat the brakes off of home boy ill bet my right thumb on it, then he will take the fight with mosley when hes 40 and he will win in a close hard fought fight

10/6/09   |   RaiderNation357   |   5 respect

J-Mack wrote:
OK i can see where you think that Shane ran from that fight, and we go back and forth all day about that, lets say Shane was ducking that fight OK, So what about now, what is  Floyd doing he is blatantly ducking this fight its sad its so damn obvious what hes doing.

He who wears the crown shall be on top of the world...Shane can't bring enough money to the table for Floyd....call it what you may, but Shane's ship has sailed.

10/6/09   |   don_ericson

lakerskins wrote:
 nah, bro thats completely wrong. mayweather fights everyone! and he's far from overrated.  moseley just wants in a major payday thats all.

yeah.... you're right bro, mosley just wanted to have a big fight with a prize fighter like mayweather and pacman.

10/6/09   |   DevilAssasin   |   7 respect

fall in lie please...

i hope they can wait pac man...

mayweather first....

then mosley...

a good fight for pac man

10/5/09   |   J-Mack

Jess wrote:
My reasoning is probably the most illogical, ridiculous of all.
I went to a Seahawks game the season that Alexander blew the league UP - and I noticed up ahead there was a guy wearing an Alexander college jersey. Me, being loud and obnoxious anyway, and even more so after my team just won a game, I scream out "ROLL TIDE!" and he turned around and screamed back "ROLL TIDE!" and we both went  and we bonded.



Told you it was stupid
(Edited by J-Mack)

ok i know you are a big mayweather fan by the way you responed. im a moslely fan but first and for most iam a boxing fan, i want the best to fight each other to see who's the best. botton line these two should have fought years ago.but due to issues on the fight dates it never happen.ok it kinda looked funny on shanebehave because he was the bigger name then ,but now the mayweather's the big name now,but now its mayweather 's looks like hes ducking ,no ill take that back it s so damn up front and straight forward that mayweather is avoiding mosley a kid in elementary can see it.come on fella lets stop drinking mayweathers nut juice and see what itlike it really is.and if hes not fighting mosley because of past beef hes a true disgrace to the sport of boxing . and your boy has the nerve to compare him self with the great sugar ray robinson.and if he had half of sugar s hurt he would have took the fight after the hatton fight and not have retired for two years and come back and fight the light weight champ vus the champ thats it his weight class (Mosley) bottom line is i not saying he will loss to shane if they fight and i know this guy is one of the best fighters of our time but he needs to stop worrying about his losing colum and take a chance and prove that he is the best of all time. ok i know you are a big mayweather fan by the way you responed. im a moslely fan but first and for most iam a boxing fan, i want the best to fight each other to see who's the best. botton line these two should have fought years ago.but due to issues on the fight dates it never happen.ok it kinda looked funny on shanebehave because he was the bigger name then ,but now the mayweather's the big name now,but now its mayweather 's looks like hes ducking ,no ill take that back it s so damn up front and straight forward that mayweather is avoiding mosley a kid in elementary can see it.come on fella lets stop drinking mayweathers nut juice and see what itlike it really is.and if hes not fighting mosley because of past beef hes a true disgrace to the sport of boxing . and your boy has the nerve to compare him self with the great sugar ray robinson.and if he had half of sugar s hurt he would have took the fight after the hatton fight and not have retired for two years and come back and fight the light weight champ vus the champ thats it his weight class (Mosley) bottom line is i not saying he will loss to shane if they fight and i know this guy is one of the best fighters of our time but he needs to stop worrying about his losing colum and take a chance and prove that he is the best of all time. ok i know you are a big mayweather fan by the way you responed. im a moslely fan but first and for most iam a boxing fan, i want the best to fight each other to see who's the best. botton line these two should have fought years ago.but due to issues on the fight dates it never happen.ok it kinda looked funny on shanebehave because he was the bigger name then ,but now the mayweather's the big name now,but now its mayweather 's looks like hes ducking ,no ill take that back it s so damn up front and straight forward that mayweather is avoiding mosley a kid in elementary can see it.come on fella lets stop drinking mayweathers nut juice and see what itlike it really is.and if hes not fighting mosley because of past beef hes a true disgrace to the sport of boxing . and your boy has the nerve to compare him self with the great sugar ray robinson.and if he had half of sugar s hurt he would have took the fight after the hatton fight and not have retired for two years and come back and fight the light weight champ vus the champ thats it his weight class (Mosley) bottom line is i not saying he will loss to shane if they fight and i know this guy is one of the best fighters of our time but he needs to stop worrying about his losing colum and take a chance and prove that he is the best of all time. ok i know you are a big mayweather fan by the way you responed. im a moslely fan but first and for most iam a boxing fan, i want the best to fight each other to see who's the best. botton line these two should have fought years ago.but due to issues on the fight dates it never happen.ok it kinda looked funny on shanebehave because he was the bigger name then ,but now the mayweather's the big name now,but now its mayweather 's looks like hes ducking ,no ill take that back it s so damn up front and straight forward that mayweather is avoiding mosley a kid in elementary can see it.come on fella lets stop drinking mayweathers nut juice and see what itlike it really is.and if hes not fighting mosley because of past beef hes a true disgrace to the sport of boxing . and your boy has the nerve to compare him self with the great sugar ray robinson.and if he had half of sugar s hurt he would have took the fight after the hatton fight and not have retired for two years and come back and fight the light weight champ vus the champ thats it his weight class (Mosley) bottom line is i not saying he will loss to shane if they fight and i know this guy is one of the best fighters of our time but he needs to stop worrying about his losing colum and take a chance and prove that he is the best of all time. ok i know you are a big mayweather fan by the way you responed. im a moslely fan but first and for most iam a boxing fan, i want the best to fight each other to see who's the best. botton line these two should have fought years ago.but due to issues on the fight dates it never happen.ok it kinda looked funny on shanebehave because he was the bigger name then ,but now the mayweather's the big name now,but now its mayweather 's looks like hes ducking ,no ill take that back it s so damn up front and straight forward that mayweather is avoiding mosley a kid in elementary can see it.come on fella lets stop drinking mayweathers nut juice and see what itlike it really is.and if hes not fighting mosley because of past beef hes a true disgrace to the sport of boxing . and your boy has the nerve to compare him self with the great sugar ray robinson.and if he had half of sugar s hurt he would have took the fight after the hatton fight and not have retired for two years and come back and fight the light weight champ vus the champ thats it his weight class (Mosley) bottom line is i not saying he will loss to shane if they fight and i know this guy is one of the best fighters of our time but he needs to stop worrying about his losing colum and take a chance and prove that he is the best of all time.

10/5/09   |   BluDevil   |   618 respect

lovelivelife6 wrote:
DAMN i kno if they ever meet and floyd wins here comes more excuses oh mosely is past his prime if they met when mosely was in his prime it would be a different fight huh mehn u dudes really need to quit it mayweather didnt fight for almost two years before this fight so plz explain who he's ducking like u urself said mosely had his chance and if he never gets another shot i'm not gonna b mad with mayweather he called out mosely twice not once but twice but mosely didnt wanna fight so who's fault is that mayweather took another road to greatness and now that he's a bigger name than mosely now it's time to fight why dont we here the open critisizm of mosely for not wanting to fight mayweather back then but because its mayweather and he's undefeated he gets critisized u guys r just true mayweather haters give him his credit people like u act like mayweather was act 147lbs all his career he started as a featherweight and came up in weight class and still never lost facing bigger guys than him in everyweight class but we as fans like to forget ,,,Just give mayweather his credit he is the best fighter in the last decade of boxing him and Roy Jones jr.

Love everything you said up until the last sentence. Yeah, Mayweather and RJJ deserve credit, but B-Hop has been a better fighter than RJJ, IMO.

10/5/09   |   lovelivelife6

J-Mack wrote:
bottom line is Floyd tried making the fight wit Shane twice in the past, but it didn't happen  because of scheduling issues and that's when maywether was trying to make a name for him self. but now he has the bigger name now so he faking because its not a safe fight. that's all dude wants now are safe fights, that's the real reason he didn't want Shane the welter weight champ but he wanted to fight the light wight champ people look at it for what it is.

DAMN i kno if they ever meet and floyd wins here comes more excuses oh mosely is past his prime if they met when mosely was in his prime it would be a different fight huh mehn u dudes really need to quit it mayweather didnt fight for almost two years before this fight so plz explain who he's ducking like u urself said mosely had his chance and if he never gets another shot i'm not gonna b mad with mayweather he called out mosely twice not once but twice but mosely didnt wanna fight so who's fault is that mayweather took another road to greatness and now that he's a bigger name than mosely now it's time to fight why dont we here the open critisizm of mosely for not wanting to fight mayweather back then but because its mayweather and he's undefeated he gets critisized u guys r just true mayweather haters give him his credit people like u act like mayweather was act 147lbs all his career he started as a featherweight and came up in weight class and still never lost facing bigger guys than him in everyweight class but we as fans like to forget ,,,Just give mayweather his credit he is the best fighter in the last decade of boxing him and Roy Jones jr.

10/5/09   |   lovelivelife6

BluDevil wrote:
Yeah, Paul Williams is too big. That's what would make it a true test of Floyd's legacy if he could beat him. Paul Williams is a welterweight, he's a two time WBO welterweight world champ, beating Antonio Margarito and Carlos Quintana for the belt.

Paul Williams can fight at 154 or 160, he's proven that. And frankly, there is more money at 154 than there is at 160, but I can bet you that neither Shane nor Floyd will want anything at all to do with Paul Williams at this point.

And hommie, lots of boxing fans, including myself, have thought Floyd was great since he was in the olympics, far before he took on Oscar or Hatton.

see that  just what i'm talkin about but if paul williams beats floyd then he's the greatest thing since slice bread but no one gonna say oh he's naturally the bigger guy but only when it comes to mayweather it an issue mayweather looks like he's gonna have to fight a heavyweight title fight to get his credit why doesnt paul williams go up against vitaly or wladimire people seems to forget mayweather started his professional career a featherweight itts really sad to see how people dont wanna give the best boxer in this decade his props

10/5/09   |   lovelivelife6

alsportsfreak wrote:
Floyd Mayweather Jr is a cherry picker, he is so over-rated, and only fights against fighters under his weight division, i want to see this fight, Mossley is perfect for him, if Floyd beats Mossley then I will then be convinced until then NOT A CHANCE!

You mayweather haters find anyway to rob mayweather of his greatness he is 40-0-0 thats 40 victories no losses no draws mayweather rose in weight class six times and won a title in every division he fought in he went up against many bigger guys that himself  in every division...like these other guys said when mayweather wanted to fight mosely he DUCKED AND DODGED mayweather in 1999 and in 2006 and now that mayweather is where the money is at now he wants to act like mayweather has to fight him he lost his chance like mayweather said he's just lookin for his last big payday....mayweather is only doing to him what he did to him earlier in his career when he was the big name he didnt want fight mayweather now the tables are turned he is getting what he deserves no matter what u guys say mayweather is the best fighter in boxing today the Pacman who everybody is praising for his 2 knockout wins against a drained de la hoya and a brain damanged Hatton plz spare me the crap he didnt wanna fight Marquez a third time because he gave him all he could handle in the 2 previous fights winning more rounds in both fights but i hear no one critisizing him for it but because mayweather took the fight its a disadvantage plz he took the fight the so called pound for pound best turned down and won easily the whole issue is that he is just that good and made that fight look like a sparing session where as pacquiao went to war and arguably lost both fights i'm jus waiting for the excuses when he beats the PACMAN

9/29/09   |   J-Mack

OK i can see where you think that Shane ran from that fight, and we go back and forth all day about that, lets say Shane was ducking that fight OK, So what about now, what is  Floyd doing he is blatantly ducking this fight its sad its so damn obvious what hes doing.

9/28/09   |   RaiderNation357   |   5 respect

J-Mack wrote:
bottom line is Floyd tried making the fight wit Shane twice in the past, but it didn't happen  because of scheduling issues and that's when maywether was trying to make a name for him self. but now he has the bigger name now so he faking because its not a safe fight. that's all dude wants now are safe fights, that's the real reason he didn't want Shane the welter weight champ but he wanted to fight the light wight champ people look at it for what it is.

Come on J-Mack...you are calling out Floyd, when in 1999 and 2006 he wanted Shane and Shane ran from the fight!  Its not his fault that Shane is at the end of his career and is looking for a "help me get my name back fight".....there were no schedfule issues in the past...Shane did not want any of "Money" point blakn and simple truth.  So good luck to his aging career.

9/28/09   |   J-Mack

bottom line is Floyd tried making the fight wit Shane twice in the past, but it didn't happen  because of scheduling issues and that's when maywether was trying to make a name for him self. but now he has the bigger name now so he faking because its not a safe fight. that's all dude wants now are safe fights, that's the real reason he didn't want Shane the welter weight champ but he wanted to fight the light wight champ people look at it for what it is.

9/28/09   |   J-Mack

i was talk about the fights that put him at the top of the Pound for pound list, he didn't beat  everyone in his in his wight class so how in the world can we crown dude, you have 3 fighters in that wight class that will give him more of a fight than any fight in his career, he has to fight two out of three to be a true don of his time. And he wont fight Mosley and he wont fight Cotto he wants pac, and pac man cant beat  maywether, you basically saw it in the Marquez fight. Marquez gave it to pac man win they fought and we saw what maywether did to that guy he is to good of a fighter to let a smaller fighter beat him dude is sick. But that's the fight everybody and there grandma wants to see but all the true boxing people know what would make a better fight Mosley vs Maywether but it will never happen because past beef and he knows Shane is the toughest fight out there for him.

9/26/09   |   BluDevil   |   618 respect

J-Mack wrote:
Paul Williams is to big, Be real if maywether doesn't want to fight real welter weights why in the world dude would fight a middle weight. and you say Shane is old and slow did you see his last fight dude is just as fast as he was back in the day Shane isn't fast as maywether but he is alot faster than Marquez, Oscar, and hatton, and those are the fights that made people think maywether is the greatest thing since slice bread come on hommie be real

Yeah, Paul Williams is too big. That's what would make it a true test of Floyd's legacy if he could beat him. Paul Williams is a welterweight, he's a two time WBO welterweight world champ, beating Antonio Margarito and Carlos Quintana for the belt.

Paul Williams can fight at 154 or 160, he's proven that. And frankly, there is more money at 154 than there is at 160, but I can bet you that neither Shane nor Floyd will want anything at all to do with Paul Williams at this point.

And hommie, lots of boxing fans, including myself, have thought Floyd was great since he was in the olympics, far before he took on Oscar or Hatton.

9/26/09   |   lakerskins

alsportsfreak wrote:
Floyd Mayweather Jr is a cherry picker, he is so over-rated, and only fights against fighters under his weight division, i want to see this fight, Mossley is perfect for him, if Floyd beats Mossley then I will then be convinced until then NOT A CHANCE!

 nah, bro thats completely wrong. mayweather fights everyone! and he's far from overrated.  moseley just wants in a major payday thats all.

9/25/09   |   RaiderNation357   |   5 respect

J-Mack wrote:

My man Blogbaba is telling it how it is

 

"The blogbaba is a Mayweather fan, and Floyd is from my home state, but I got to be real. Mosley is a bad fight for Floyd, there are several much easier fights for the same money. If Floyd isn't serious about his retirement, he should leave Mosley alone. Shane has all the tools to beat Floyd, he is just as fast, hits harder, and is the bigger man. Floyd will not be able to pot shot and run against Shane, he will have to fight at a pace he isn't used to, and if he tries that run and gun track meet his pulled on DeLa Hoya, Shane will cut the ring off on him. We all saw how effective DeLa Hoya's jab was against Floyd, and Shane's is much faster. Shane also doesn't have the stamina problems of DeLa Hoya, that jab and it's follow up rights will be there in the later rounds, something Floyd didn't worry about with Oscar.

I have said all along Shane Mosley will burst that pound for pound bubble surrounding Floyd Mayweather Jr. should they fight, and I stick by my prediction. If they ever fight, it will be a mistake by Floyd, he should duck Mosley as shamelessly as Ray Leonard ducked Aaron Pryor"

If it ever happens, Mosley will win by Decision

Guess since the Grand Puba of Boxing has made his prediction, I am officially done with this subject.  Too bad this fight will never happen and it won't be because of ducking.  It will be because of Gloden Boy Productions.

9/25/09   |   J-Mack

My man Blogbaba is telling it how it is

 

"The blogbaba is a Mayweather fan, and Floyd is from my home state, but I got to be real. Mosley is a bad fight for Floyd, there are several much easier fights for the same money. If Floyd isn't serious about his retirement, he should leave Mosley alone. Shane has all the tools to beat Floyd, he is just as fast, hits harder, and is the bigger man. Floyd will not be able to pot shot and run against Shane, he will have to fight at a pace he isn't used to, and if he tries that run and gun track meet his pulled on DeLa Hoya, Shane will cut the ring off on him. We all saw how effective DeLa Hoya's jab was against Floyd, and Shane's is much faster. Shane also doesn't have the stamina problems of DeLa Hoya, that jab and it's follow up rights will be there in the later rounds, something Floyd didn't worry about with Oscar.

I have said all along Shane Mosley will burst that pound for pound bubble surrounding Floyd Mayweather Jr. should they fight, and I stick by my prediction. If they ever fight, it will be a mistake by Floyd, he should duck Mosley as shamelessly as Ray Leonard ducked Aaron Pryor"

If it ever happens, Mosley will win by Decision

9/25/09   |   J-Mack

RaiderNation357 wrote:

One more thing, if you look at his track record, he has always fought the best fighters.  Arturo Gati, Jose Luis Castillo, Phillip Ndou and Diego Corrales just to name a few.

I'm not getting on Maywether, i know dude is a great fighter one of the all time greats, but he will never be mention with the Ali's, and the Sugar Ray Robinson, they fought everyone no questions about it. To me I think Shane could beat everyone in maywethers win column. I'm not saying Mosley would win the fight but I'm sure he would be Money's hard competition.

9/25/09   |   RaiderNation357   |   5 respect

One more thing, if you look at his track record, he has always fought the best fighters.  Arturo Gati, Jose Luis Castillo, Phillip Ndou and Diego Corrales just to name a few.

9/25/09   |   RaiderNation357   |   5 respect

J-Mack wrote:
Paul Williams is to big, Be real if maywether doesn't want to fight real welter weights why in the world dude would fight a middle weight. and you say Shane is old and slow did you see his last fight dude is just as fast as he was back in the day Shane isn't fast as maywether but he is alot faster than Marquez, Oscar, and hatton, and those are the fights that made people think maywether is the greatest thing since slice bread come on hommie be real

J, I will have to agree with you that Paul Williams is not a fight Floyd should even entertain.  Paul is taller, heavier and would just win off poitns alone.  Don't think it would be a knock out, but still wouldn't be a pretty fight.

On another note, you are abosultely incorrect if you think that Shane can hang with Mayweather in the ring.  I have watched the last few fights that Shane had and was not impressed at all.  Mayweather has been getting hated on since the 1996 Olympics when he was robbed out of a spot in the finals and eventually won the bronze medal.  Oscar, Hatton, and Marquez are just an addition to what has made "Money" the greatest thing since slice bread...there were 37 others before them.  Combined from amateur to professional, the man has a record of 124-6, a bronze medal, ranked #1 pound for pound from 2005-2008 and #48 on the top 50 boxers list of all time. 

9/25/09   |   J-Mack

BluDevil wrote:
Shane has a lot of heart, but I don't think he can beat Floyd at this point. Shane is a lot older and slower.

The biggest challenge out there to Floyd, in my opinion, is Paul Williams. Normally Williams fights at 160 but he has fought at 154 before. Williams is huge for his weight, is young and has incredible KO power. He's the only guy out there right now that I think might be able to beat Floyd.

Paul Williams is to big, Be real if maywether doesn't want to fight real welter weights why in the world dude would fight a middle weight. and you say Shane is old and slow did you see his last fight dude is just as fast as he was back in the day Shane isn't fast as maywether but he is alot faster than Marquez, Oscar, and hatton, and those are the fights that made people think maywether is the greatest thing since slice bread come on hommie be real

9/24/09   |   BluDevil   |   618 respect

J-Mack wrote:
Out of the top boxer in the welter weight class Shane will give maywether the most problems he almost as fast as him, he is stronger and hes bigger, I'm not saying maywether will lose but he knows and his camp knows he poses the greater threat than cotto and pac man, and for those people who thinks that was low what Shane did, shut up be real Maywether doesn't want to fight him so he had to really put dude on the spot Shane needs this fight to happen now  rather than years later when the dudes 40years old. come on people there are boxers not politician

Shane has a lot of heart, but I don't think he can beat Floyd at this point. Shane is a lot older and slower.

The biggest challenge out there to Floyd, in my opinion, is Paul Williams. Normally Williams fights at 160 but he has fought at 154 before. Williams is huge for his weight, is young and has incredible KO power. He's the only guy out there right now that I think might be able to beat Floyd.

9/24/09   |   Mistypotz   |   6 respect

RaiderNation357 wrote:
When did Shane Mosley ever become a part of the conversation for the next fight for Mayweather?  When Floyd knocked Oscar off  his Golden Horse and onto his Golden Arse, you didn't see Shane calling for Floyd then.  This is a mute point because Shane is a mute point.

bahahahahahaha RN357 it's just speculation...I'm not saying to take my thought to the bank I'm merely saying it is a good idea.  You know it's true and I believe it will draw a crowd.

9/24/09   |   J-Mack

Out of the top boxer in the welter weight class Shane will give maywether the most problems he almost as fast as him, he is stronger and hes bigger, I'm not saying maywether will lose but he knows and his camp knows he poses the greater threat than cotto and pac man, and for those people who thinks that was low what Shane did, shut up be real Maywether doesn't want to fight him so he had to really put dude on the spot Shane needs this fight to happen now  rather than years later when the dudes 40years old. come on people there are boxers not politician

9/23/09   |   RaiderNation357   |   5 respect

Mistypotz wrote:
A Sugar Shane/Mayweather Jr mix up would be ideal.  Hating on Mosley isn't going to save Mayweather's ArCe...lol  That would certainly show who is the real pound for pound champ, where there isn't any doubt in my mind, there wouldn't be any for anyone else either.  I say, make it happen, pull out all the stops and put them in the ring together.  No holds barred gentlemen, keep your hands up at all times, listen to my commands and come out punching. DING DING

When did Shane Mosley ever become a part of the conversation for the next fight for Mayweather?  When Floyd knocked Oscar off  his Golden Horse and onto his Golden Arse, you didn't see Shane calling for Floyd then.  This is a mute point because Shane is a mute point.

9/23/09   |   gfeller07

Not really necessary, who cares who wins.

9/22/09   |   Mistypotz   |   6 respect

wrote:
If Floyd fights Shane he will lose because Shane is fast and hits a lot harder than Floyd.I doubt if we would ever see that fight

I sure hope you're wrong PoppyMack, because I'm so ready to see this fight happen!

9/22/09   |   Mistypotz   |   6 respect

A Sugar Shane/Mayweather Jr mix up would be ideal.  Hating on Mosley isn't going to save Mayweather's ArCe...lol  That would certainly show who is the real pound for pound champ, where there isn't any doubt in my mind, there wouldn't be any for anyone else either.  I say, make it happen, pull out all the stops and put them in the ring together.  No holds barred gentlemen, keep your hands up at all times, listen to my commands and come out punching. DING DING

9/22/09   |   UltimateSureno   |   153 respect

Shane Mosley Vs Mayweather Jr would be a great match but it wouldnt happen just because Mayweather want a big money match up like Miguel Cotte or Manny Pacquiao fight.

9/22/09   |   RaiderNation357   |   5 respect

alsportsfreak wrote:
Floyd Mayweather Jr is a cherry picker, he is so over-rated, and only fights against fighters under his weight division, i want to see this fight, Mossley is perfect for him, if Floyd beats Mossley then I will then be convinced until then NOT A CHANCE!

A cherry-picker? Child Please!  He has fought everyone who has been put before him and has destroyed them.  I guess when he fought Oscar, who was heavier, you would call that picking on the smaller guy?  When he destroyed Ricky Hatton (and his hopes & dreams), guess he wasn't fighting a very strong caliber fighter either?  And why would he have a need or desire to fight Shane Mosely?  Shane can't draw an inside straight with all the cards facing up, much less draw enough viewers to pay "Money" 7 figures.  Shane is a Golden Boy puppet with Oscar and Bernard pulling the strings.  Next up...Manny Pacquio.

9/22/09   |   alainpeartree   |   6860 respect

mayweather isnt dumb,,,,,, and he ran from DelaHoya the whole fight, the same way he ran years ago from Pernell Whitaker

9/22/09   |   AzFanatic   |   10 respect

Shane Mosley is still a fighter?

9/22/09   |   don_ericson

its just a gimmick between the two fighter, inorder to attract more boxing fans...................... but i want to see pacquiao vs mayweather next year.............. to answer the question who is the number 1 boxer...

9/22/09   |   clrhodes22

Everyone can hate on Shane Mosley all they want. You can not deal with someone like Mayweather with class. Shane tried class, how far did that get him? Antonio Tarver during a Roy Jones Jr. post fight press confrence... did you forget? What happened? Roy god bless him got knocked the f out when he took that fight. Would Tarver had got the fight without talkin smack??? Did you want to see it more because of the drama? Shane Mosley may not have acted with class for the 1st time in his career, but it may make for one hell of a last fight for Shane Mosley when he beats Mayweather!!!! Just watch and see!!!

9/21/09   |   karan_kumar2

hi

9/21/09   |   BluDevil   |   618 respect

It was definitely low class for Shane to act that way after the fight. But Shane is getting desperate... he's the welterweight champ and *nobody* wants to fight him after he destroyed Antonio Margarito. Floyd knows there is more money in a match up between him and Pac Man, so if Pac Man can beat Cotto that will be the fight because that is the biggest payday for both fighters.

Unfortunately Shane is getting frozen out at the moment. The only guy out there right now is Paul Williams, and there is no way Shane wants to fight him. It's a dangerous fight, one Shane would have a hard time winning, and one where Shane wouldn't get paid very much. Why fight for low $$$ in a highly dangerous fight?

Boxing is already dead? I guess that is why UFC 103 totally outsold Mayweather/Marquez in PPV right?

Oh wait, you mean UFC didn't come close to selling as much PPV? Hmmm....

I did think it was great that the post fight gave fight fans something to talk about. Sure, it wasn't very classy but it was better than the typical " I want to thank god for giving me the ability to pummel another human being into the ground" that you normally get. When Floyd took the mike from Kellerman and Kellerman looked like he was gonna cry, that was classic!

9/21/09   |   alsportsfreak   |   2 respect

Floyd Mayweather Jr is a cherry picker, he is so over-rated, and only fights against fighters under his weight division, i want to see this fight, Mossley is perfect for him, if Floyd beats Mossley then I will then be convinced until then NOT A CHANCE!

9/21/09   |   RaiderNation357   |   5 respect

Love boxing. Grew up on it.  Until this very moment, have always liked Shane Mosley for his class and his skills.  But I must say that he got pimped by the Golden Boy to pull a low class act like this and then to have Bernard "The X-Con" Hopkins in the ring as an enforcer only makes matters worse.  I would pay 10 times the amount of a pay per view to watch a piss ant swallow and elephant before I watched Mosley-Mayweather.  The Golden Boy only hopes that Shane can do what he couldn't do by beating Mayweather.  If you remember 24-7, Shane came in and helped Oscar train for the Mayweather fight...and we all saw the outcome  of that one.

9/21/09   |   mk_donley   |   2554 respect

Boxing is dead already. Heck if you go to the cemetary where Howard Cosell is buried, he'll tell you the same thing.