Yankees Fans Are The Most Obnoxious Fans On The Planet, And Winning The World Series Didn't Help
MLB

A Few Words Of Advice To Yankees Fans, As You Sip Your Victory Champagne

11/5/09 in MLB   |   Pat   |   5232 respect

First and foremost, I'd like to extend heartfelt congratulations to the New York Yankees for winning the 2009 World Series. They were the best team in baseball, and they proved it in the end.

Now that I've gotten that out of the way, it's time to address Yankees fans. I hate to rain on your figurative and literal parades, but it's obvious that a vast majority of you are just a bunch of little A-Rod's, desperately seeking the attention and approval of others, completely clueless as to why no one likes you, despite the fact that it's painfully obvious to everyone else.

Granted, this does not apply to ALL Yankees fans. Many of them are perfectly good and reasonable folks who, for whatever reason, ended up being fans of the Evil Empire. Whether it's through familial ties or geographical ones, these things happen sometimes. So if you are a Yankees fan, and reading this makes you mad at the people that I'm talking about, then you're not one of them. But if this makes you upset at me, then you are indeed the kind of "fan" that I'm talking about, so read carefully.

Here are a few tips, to help you become just a little less obnoxious and annoying to the rest of the country. Take them to heart, and we'll all be better off.


1) Act like you've been there.

That's right. Don't do the Chad Ochocinco touchdown dance. Make like Barry Sanders. Act like it's old hat for you... because it is. Unless you're 9 years old, you HAVE seen your team win a World Series before. So act like it. Don't pretend that you're shocked at the fact that your $210M juggernaut actually accomplished what they should have done every year for the past decade. Feel fortunate that your upper management finally threw the money in the right direction, and ceased the ineptitude that they have been saddled with since losing to the Diamondbacks in 2001.


2) Stop saying "we".

Unless your name is on the Yankees' postseason roster, there is no reason whatsoever for you to ever use the word "we", when discussing your beloved Yankees. I know this will be hard for you to understand, but you didn't do a damn thing to contribute to the Yankees winning the 2009 World Series. I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but sitting your ass on the couch had absolutely nothing to do with the Yankees' success.


3) Not everyone is just a "jealous hater".

No one is perfect. Not even the Yankees. There are flaws everywhere. If someone points out those flaws, it does not mean that they are jealous of you. It does not mean that they arbitrarily hate you or your team, just for the sake of blind hatred. There is actually a pretty good chance that they have legitimate criticisms, and you might do well to at least acknowledge them, and try to see where people are coming from. It may improve you as a person, and as a fan.


4) You have no perspective. None.

Some Yankee fans have used words like "euphoric" to describe their feeling after the Yankees won Game 6. Others have said things like "It's felt like eternity since our last championship." Those comments epitomize a ridiculous lack of perspective. As someone whose team didn't even PLAY in a World Series from the time I was 2 years old until I had already graduated high school, experimented with the whole "college" thing, and then spent a year in the military... I can assure you that 9 years is FAR from an eternity. That, and seeing your team win their 5th championship in your adult lifetime is not "euphoric". Seeing your team win a World Series after knowing that your great-grandparents lived and died without ever seeing such a sight... THAT is euphoric.


5) When you are called out, deal with it.

No one likes to be picked on. We get it. But right now, you're going to be the target for a lot of people's ire, since you're the ones whose team is on top, and the beneficiaries of an incredibly screwed up feudal system in which it's quite obvious that 1/3 of the teams will never have a legitimate chance to become playoff contenders for consecutive seasons.

So when someone calls you out, don't try to point fingers at other organizations, and point out faults in their fans. No matter what it is, I can assure you that the Yankees (and Yankee fans) are worse. Whether it's the pink-hat bandwagon fans or generally obnoxious douchebags... the Yankees have the market cornered. Yeah, I realize my Red Sox, for example, also have their share of both. As does every team in baseball, whether they're the Phillies, Cubs, Rays or even perennial cellar-dwellers like the Pirates. Idiotic fans are everywhere... but nowhere are they as prevalent as they are among the Yankees fan base. So just know that and understand that, before you start pointing fingers elsewhere.


Like I said before, congrats to the Yankees on another job well done, and I hope that some people learned a thing or two after reading this. You may now go back to your regularly scheduled program, and enjoy your day.
Notify me by email about comments that follow mine. Preview

11/6/09   |   YankeeGirl226   |   47 respect

I don't agree with anything Pat said . Who the hell are is he or anyone who is not a Yankee fan to say how "we" celebrate our team?  First, you do not know me and I highly doubt that you know many Yankee fans to be basing this ridiculous article on.  Second, as a Red Sox fan have no place to be calling out anyone else.  Red Sox fan behavior towards other fans while visiting is nothing short of  disgusting.  However, I am not going to be a douchebag and say that ALL or even most Red Sox fans act like that.  I have no qualms whatsoever in stating that I am a Yankee fan.  We support our team to the fullest.  Other teams love when the Yankees come to town because they know that Yankee fans are not too far behind.  People like you are so pathetic because you root more against anything Yankees rather than FOR your own team.  Why don't you stop jocking us and get a life?  

11/6/09   |   ary201   |   213 respect

Pat wrote:
Miles must be measured differently where you're from.

measure it. Maryland-Delaware is Nats-Orioles territory, Philly-Camden is Phillies, NYC is Yankees-Mets, Northern Connecticut is BoSox land.

11/6/09   |   blackbrooklynbulldog   |   23 respect

 Joe should've kept this comment to himself...what joe says doesn't matter....no one is better than anyone period...i would've never addressed any fan of the yankees or any team of that matter...Go Yankees and leave everything else alone..we all have opinions..it's only a game and who cares...it's all vain anyway...if you bet money and lost, that's who's sad and mad at the yankees!!!...the BOOKIES are!...Take it easy Joe....LOL..be happy!!!

11/6/09   |   ataqwx   |   39 respect

keppieboy wrote:
Well let me say we did have a good year and it feels like a million years since we last won the world series. 

How long would it have felt like if you were a cubs fans? It's only 9 years! Any fan of a team (most notably the cubs, but only cause they haven't won in 100 and counting) would gladly take a world series every 9 years. I know I would.

11/6/09   |   Pat   |   5232 respect

ary201 wrote:
You're talking about areas that have 2 teams. I'm talking about driving less that 200 miles and going from Nationals (hah!) territory to Orioles territory to Phillies territory to Yankee territory to Mets territory to Red Sox territory.

6 teams, less the 200 miles.

Miles must be measured differently where you're from.

11/6/09   |   ary201   |   213 respect

(Edited by ary201)

You're talking about areas that have 2 teams. I'm talking about driving less that 200 miles and going from Nationals (hah!) territory to Orioles territory to Phillies territory to Yankee territory to Mets territory to Red Sox territory.

6 teams, less the 200 miles.

11/6/09   |   ary201   |   213 respect

I think in the end, we agree on the basic premise. There SHOULD be a salary cap.

I just don't begrudge the Yankees for working with the system as it exists. Everyone wants their team to win the "right way" but that's just part of the naivete of the sports fans.

11/6/09   |   Chief_aka_James   |   3307 respect

ary201 wrote:
I say it's fair, because it's a business. Teams just don't become like the Yankees overnight. And while it may be partially do to being in NY, it has just as much to do with taking chances and taking losses and running a business well. The Yankees SUCKED for years and years and years. And they weren't all that profitable.

It's all too easy to fall back on NY is more populated. It's BS. If the Mets started winning WS titles, would it be because they're in NY too and have a built in fanbase? No. There are 8 million people in NYC, maybe another 4 million adding the suburbs-exurbs. 12 million, theoretically split between the Yankees/Mets/Phillies/Red Sox geographically.

You're telling me, that if other teams actually started winning, re-invested into their org, ran their business WELL, that they couldn't get a fanbase that doesn't come close to that? When you get out of the NY area, you're in other team's backyards REAL quick. 80 miles north and it's red sox, 80 miles west and it's Phillies, 120 miles south and you're in the DC area.

Set aside KC and AZ for a moment and think about teams like the Cubs, Cards, Sox, Stros, Giants, etc, etc. These are very dense areas that don't have to geographically share their fanbases with a half dozen teams. It's not outside their power to actually harness that. They just decided not to because it's a tough process to go through. They may have to be the late-80s Yankees for a while.

I like how you put Cubs/Cards/Sox as your first three examples of not having to split fan bases. Include Milwaukee in there, even some Tiger fans are in the area.

Same with you including the Giants, did you forget about the A's/Padres/Dodgers/Angels/D'backs, we all know California is a very large state with many people as well, but everyone also knows that fans split allegiances just as much as fans over in the East.

I'm glad to know that you as a fan knows more about harnessing other fans in those parts of the country, and it's at the fault of those owners that they can not get the same sort of profit Yankees/Red Sox/Mets/Phillies do.

Again, I'm not "whining" nor saying it's complete BS the way a team like the Yankees do win their championships, it's just completely different when comparing the two markets and personally, I prefer my areas way of winning much, much more than those teams.

11/6/09   |   ary201   |   213 respect

Pat wrote:
"Why don't other teams do it?"

Other. Teams. Can't. Do. It.

When will people realize that there's a HUGE difference between the Yankees and the rest of the "top of the payroll list"? The Mets were 2nd this year, but they were still $60M behind the Yankees. You could add an entire small market team to the Mets payroll, and it would still be less than the Yankees.

And yes, it is unfair. I'm not trying to sound like a whiner, but how can someone honestly say it's fair to teams like the Royals, Diamondbacks, Twins, etc? The NYC metro area has more people than those teams' entire states. It's impossible to financially compete. Fact.

I say it's fair, because it's a business. Teams just don't become like the Yankees overnight. And while it may be partially do to being in NY, it has just as much to do with taking chances and taking losses and running a business well. The Yankees SUCKED for years and years and years. And they weren't all that profitable.

It's all too easy to fall back on NY is more populated. It's BS. If the Mets started winning WS titles, would it be because they're in NY too and have a built in fanbase? No. There are 8 million people in NYC, maybe another 4 million adding the suburbs-exurbs. 12 million, theoretically split between the Yankees/Mets/Phillies/Red Sox geographically.

You're telling me, that if other teams actually started winning, re-invested into their org, ran their business WELL, that they couldn't get a fanbase that doesn't come close to that? When you get out of the NY area, you're in other team's backyards REAL quick. 80 miles north and it's red sox, 80 miles west and it's Phillies, 120 miles south and you're in the DC area.

Set aside KC and AZ for a moment and think about teams like the Cubs, Cards, Sox, Stros, Giants, etc, etc. These are very dense areas that don't have to geographically share their fanbases with a half dozen teams. It's not outside their power to actually harness that. They just decided not to because it's a tough process to go through. They may have to be the late-80s Yankees for a while.

11/6/09   |   Chief_aka_James   |   3307 respect

Pat wrote:
"Why don't other teams do it?"

Other. Teams. Can't. Do. It.

When will people realize that there's a HUGE difference between the Yankees and the rest of the "top of the payroll list"? The Mets were 2nd this year, but they were still $60M behind the Yankees. You could add an entire small market team to the Mets payroll, and it would still be less than the Yankees.

And yes, it is unfair. I'm not trying to sound like a whiner, but how can someone honestly say it's fair to teams like the Royals, Diamondbacks, Twins, etc? The NYC metro area has more people than those teams' entire states. It's impossible to financially compete. Fact.

(Boston is pretty large too...)

But I do agree in principal with everything you're saying Pat, especially when I'm in one of those small markets. It's incredibly unfair in terms of dollars and cents, but with the Twins over the past 7 seasons, and even Arizona back in 2001, the upper management have learned the formula to still compete with less money. Farm systems, trade away those players to NY/Boston/Chicago that will pay 10 mill a year and get 4-5 young players and develop them the way their organization plays ball. No, there's not much of a chance to contend for a WS every year, but fans have gotten used to that many years ago.

While jealousy gets to fans many times, myself and many like me would love to just win a WS "our" way than ever winning one like a Yankees team would. Not saying it's a bad way to win, or unfairly won, but it's the way they can and will do it, and that's something smaller market fans just don't want.

11/6/09   |   Pat   |   5232 respect

"Why don't other teams do it?"

Other. Teams. Can't. Do. It.

When will people realize that there's a HUGE difference between the Yankees and the rest of the "top of the payroll list"? The Mets were 2nd this year, but they were still $60M behind the Yankees. You could add an entire small market team to the Mets payroll, and it would still be less than the Yankees.

And yes, it is unfair. I'm not trying to sound like a whiner, but how can someone honestly say it's fair to teams like the Royals, Diamondbacks, Twins, etc? The NYC metro area has more people than those teams' entire states. It's impossible to financially compete. Fact.

11/6/09   |   ary201   |   213 respect

Pat wrote:
No, there's actually no risk at all. With the ridiculous contracts that they have to broadcast their games, their is no way in hell that the Yankees could possibly lose money right now.

Many fans complain about the Yankees' payroll, but the educated ones are the ones who realize that it is MLB's fault, and not necessarily the Yankees themselves.

Honestly, if the Yankees were smart, they would be a little less reckless with their spending. If they reigned in their payroll a bit and spent their money more wisely, they could still win, would make more profit, and you would hear less cries for a salary cap.

If enough people get fed up with the Yankees that a salary cap is instituted, then the once-proud franchise that is the New York Yankees will be screwed, because no one in that front office has any clue whatsoever about how to run a baseball team, if and when "throw more money at it" is no longer a valid solution.

Yes, I realize that they still make money, but if they can just "buy" the WS like this, and there's no rules against it. Why don't other teams do it? In fact, don't other teams ATTEMPT to do it as well? It's not like teams like the Dodgers don't "try" to buy championships either. What about the Cubs? 100 years and their frequently in the top of the payroll list. Mets? They just haven't been able to negotiate the contracts and haven't been willing to take the same financial risks. It's not just some crazy luck that Yankees are in a position to spend, is it?

In the end, isn't this just crying UNFAIR because they have the fanbase that will support the team financially in ways other teams can't count on?

11/6/09   |   Pat   |   5232 respect

ary201 wrote:
To all the "yankees just bought another championship" crowd (most of you)

I'm not saying you're wrong, but WHY is that a valid viewpoint, really? Aren't there different ways of running a business, and isn't baseball, in the end, a business? Isn't this just the Yankees method of running their business and couldn't they stand to lose a large amount of money if it backfired? People act like there's no risk involved. There is, isn't there?

Shouldn't we just all be pissed that there's isn't a salary cap, because sports is about arbitrary rules that aim to level the playing field, to make it more interesting?

No, there's actually no risk at all. With the ridiculous contracts that they have to broadcast their games, their is no way in hell that the Yankees could possibly lose money right now.

Many fans complain about the Yankees' payroll, but the educated ones are the ones who realize that it is MLB's fault, and not necessarily the Yankees themselves.

Honestly, if the Yankees were smart, they would be a little less reckless with their spending. If they reigned in their payroll a bit and spent their money more wisely, they could still win, would make more profit, and you would hear less cries for a salary cap.

If enough people get fed up with the Yankees that a salary cap is instituted, then the once-proud franchise that is the New York Yankees will be screwed, because no one in that front office has any clue whatsoever about how to run a baseball team, if and when "throw more money at it" is no longer a valid solution.

11/6/09   |   ary201   |   213 respect

To all the "yankees just bought another championship" crowd (most of you)

I'm not saying you're wrong, but WHY is that a valid viewpoint, really? Aren't there different ways of running a business, and isn't baseball, in the end, a business? Isn't this just the Yankees method of running their business and couldn't they stand to lose a large amount of money if it backfired? People act like there's no risk involved. There is, isn't there?

Shouldn't we just all be pissed that there's isn't a salary cap, because sports is about arbitrary rules that aim to level the playing field, to make it more interesting?

11/6/09   |   ary201   |   213 respect

MCnine wrote:
wow. Yankees,Cowboys,Lakers and Tiger Woods. You must feel great to finally win a championship, you know with all of the adversity you go through.

No, you got it all wrong, he just happened to pick those teams BEFORE they won any championships. Yup, that's it.

11/6/09   |   WhoDey2121   |   2 respect

Okay all you Yankee fans this is still 26 it doesnt count A Rod is a cheat without a doubt.......If the Royals or Nationals had 300 million to spend on players they would be where you are so yeah thats all i have to say ..............................for now

11/6/09   |   MarkTheShark   |   590 respect

jjh8857 wrote:
You really think they care?  They just got ring #27. 

If you actually watch it he IS a Yankees fan.....just one with perspective.

11/6/09   |   I_Bleed_Purple   |   415 respect

I really don't like Pat, but this is the smartest thing I've read in a long, long time. Hopefully Yankee fans realize how silly they sound complaining how long it's been. That's why I say they act entitled, like their team deserves to or should be winning almost every year. They were just in one 6 years ago, when was the last time your team was in one?  Last time "my" team was in a WS was 18 years ago and for many that isn't very long.  So quit complaining they hadn't won in 9 years, that's just disgusting!

Yes, they won this year's World Series, but with that lineup, why shouldn't they?

Jasonwrites is correct about Patriots fans, except they can't "buy" it, because they can't spend more then the Browns or Chiefs or Lions do, however they have acted a little conceited at times over their recent run of success.

And I really feel for the self-esteem of a 43 yr old who must feel so bad about himself that he can only root for the "top" teams of each league. I'm surprised he doesn't have the Montreal Canadiens on his list too, perhaps he's not a hockey fan.

11/6/09   |   SportzStar   |   102 respect

I think the only thing I don't agree with is the "we" part. I wouldn't doubt that millions of people watch their favorite team over 100 times each season and when you spend that much time watching anything, it's only natural to feel like you're a part of it all. Sure, probably no one in the organization knows you, but you know mostly everyone in the organization, and that's what makes us fans. You always hear players and team personnel thanking the fans for their support and you see how many people show up to games and celebratory parades, and these are all the things that I think do make the real fans worthy of considering themselves a part of the team.

11/6/09   |   Heyhey1970   |   194 respect

There's a great point here about all kinds of fan-bases going too far.  Last night was a time for celebration in my family, because my dad was a lifetime Yankees fan, but he hated the pathetic bravado that all sports fans are capable of sometimes.  Good stuff, Pat. 

11/5/09   |   nortonsfury   |   130 respect

nortonsfury wrote:
Ummm I don't recall saying he was caught. I said it's easy to deny until you get caught. I did say he has been named in reports. He has on more then one occasion denied using as have so many before him. That is what I said. Let's hope he hasn't or at least if he has doesn't get caught.

Many baseball people have considered it to be a very real possibility. He has denied the allegations since the steriod story broke. It isn't a rumor or he said she said. The Mitchell report was was what George Mitchell was told by those willing to talk. It wasn't a real investigation by any means. It is a very real possibility that is what I said. I didn't confuse anything.

11/5/09   |   DeeRigga   |   5704 respect

MCnine wrote:
wow. Yankees,Cowboys,Lakers and Tiger Woods. You must feel great to finally win a championship, you know with all of the adversity you go through.

Yeah, its rough being a fan...but I manage.

11/5/09   |   Chief_aka_James   |   3307 respect

nortonsfury wrote:
Ummm I don't recall saying he was caught. I said it's easy to deny until you get caught. I did say he has been named in reports. He has on more then one occasion denied using as have so many before him. That is what I said. Let's hope he hasn't or at least if he has doesn't get caught.

Please don't confuse "reports" from "rumor". The Mitchell Report is a report, some guy on a blog or newspaper saying he/she heard from this one guy that knows some guy that saw Pujols use steroids is rumor.

11/5/09   |   lleedubb   |   32 respect

11/5/09   |   nortonsfury   |   130 respect

kramer wrote:
Care to tell me when Albert Pujols got busted for steroids?
 

Ummm I don't recall saying he was caught. I said it's easy to deny until you get caught. I did say he has been named in reports. He has on more then one occasion denied using as have so many before him. That is what I said. Let's hope he hasn't or at least if he has doesn't get caught.

11/5/09   |   kramer   |   11004 respect

nortonsfury wrote:
 Even if you took ten titles away from the yankees the cardinals would still be trailing by 6 titles.  Nobody sees the cardinals as the real first.  As for barry bonds people dont like him not because he did steroids but because for an entire career hes been a douche bag.  he doesnt like the press and he doesnt like the fans.  he treats teammates like garbage and thinks the whole universe belongs to him.  other then that he was a great baseball player.  the steroid issue isn't a yankee thing.  it was a league wide issue.  there has been more then one report putting steroids into the hands of a lot of players that didn't get caught at least not yet.  and those reports include the name albert pujols.  it doesnt take much to deny it just ask alex, papi and manny.  we heard them all deny it and then we watched as they all got caught.

Care to tell me when Albert Pujols got busted for steroids?

 

11/5/09   |   nortonsfury   |   130 respect

 Even if you took ten titles away from the yankees the cardinals would still be trailing by 6 titles.  Nobody sees the cardinals as the real first.  As for barry bonds people dont like him not because he did steroids but because for an entire career hes been a douche bag.  he doesnt like the press and he doesnt like the fans.  he treats teammates like garbage and thinks the whole universe belongs to him.  other then that he was a great baseball player.  the steroid issue isn't a yankee thing.  it was a league wide issue.  there has been more then one report putting steroids into the hands of a lot of players that didn't get caught at least not yet.  and those reports include the name albert pujols.  it doesnt take much to deny it just ask alex, papi and manny.  we heard them all deny it and then we watched as they all got caught.

11/5/09   |   JCPHILSFAN09   |   8 respect

The Yankees are a great baseball team and congrads. But it is hard for me to feel happy for a team that has a few steroid users and so many top players that they paid well to win them a Championship. Most of the Phillies highly talented players have come up through their farm system and will continue to come through their highly talented farm system.  I never wanted to see such a selfish player as Arod win a ring. In my mind he is a THEIF!!! The PHILLIES will continue to be in big show for the next several years. Congrads to Derek Jeter and Rivera they deserved to win this ring and will continue to have my respect as long as they are playing.

11/5/09   |   MCnine   |   7 respect

DeeRigga wrote:
No...WE don't feel that way at all...let us gloat! Let US enjoy this moment - even if it's the 27th time we've done it! When the Sox win it again, you will also be doing this, but of course your team is a little more desperate to do this than my team... (I know this is burning y'all up, but GAWD, if you could se the cheese-eating grin on my face typing this, you'd chase me down with machetes)...Ohhhhhhhhhhh...Yankees Win!! PS...Have a nice day!!

wow. Yankees,Cowboys,Lakers and Tiger Woods. You must feel great to finally win a championship, you know with all of the adversity you go through.

11/5/09   |   JCAL9   |   59 respect

Im loving it... Great post.. Hope there are more to come!!!

11/5/09   |   bonacci_91   |   27 respect

Anyone that knows MLB here in Australia seems to cheer on the Yankees because its the only team they know (except for me it seems). I'm hoping some other Aussie(s) read this from a different perspective.

11/5/09   |   Debi_L   |   11848 respect

I  humbly bow to your awesomeness.  It's like you p;eered into my brain and saw what I was thinkiing and feeling.   Thank you for saying what needed to be said.

11/5/09   |   jjh8857   |   327 respect

jsmooth1 wrote:
Hilarious...you should check out this video, also hits Yankee fans right in the heart.

You really think they care?  They just got ring #27. 

11/5/09   |   YankeeGirl226   |   47 respect

Hi haters!

11/5/09   |   adkbabe   |   141 respect

Hey Tiger!! I was told you left the Q?! Glad to see you stuck around. Love your insights!!

 

11/5/09   |   keppieboy   |   158 respect

 Not justifying anything the worst thing that happened to baseball was the steroid crap. All of the special records such as home runs do not mean as much now. And it took some of the joy out of baseball. But do not give me the bs that he was one of a few that were doing some type of pe's.  I am sure there were tons of guys doing it they just have not been caught yet.  So you haters can bitch and moan while I sit back and enjoy the parade tomorrow. Lets go Yankees drive for 28 in 2010.

11/5/09   |   Chief_aka_James   |   3307 respect

jsmooth1 wrote:
Hilarious...you should check out this video, also hits Yankee fans right in the heart.

That made my day.

11/5/09   |   adrisoto86   |   117 respect

 Yes New York congratulations on buying another Championship. That's right you bought it, you didn't win it. Now lets hope for a salary cap that way someone else can.  

11/5/09   |   adkbabe   |   141 respect

Wow! What a way to say Congratulations! I have been a Yankees Fan since the 3rd grade when I was trying to get the attention of a boy that I had a crush on. I agree with some of what you said.  A team that can afford the best, had better play the best!! Problem is you get too many chiefs in the mix, everyone is vying for  the lime light. I am NOT an A-Rod Fan!! Never have been. It was obvious what he was after when he signed on originally. I love Andy Petitte but was very dissapointed to find out that he too in fact had dappled with steroids. Thus, showing that everyone is vulnerable. I don't like the Red Sox because that is just the way it has been since Babe Ruth! So it goes with the territory. I am however a Celtics fan, can't stand the Knicks. I feel I can say "WE" in the same sentence with the Yankees. Because it is your True Fans that get you pumped up, and carry you through the good, and the bad. I never used Euphoric to describe the Yankees Win. I would never use Euphoric unless I was describing really good, toe curling $ex!! And that isn't often. LOL I did however use alot of Hell Ya's!! Woo,Hoo's!! And this is Fricken Awesome!! There are alot of Haters out there. But, my feeling is those are usually just Sore Losers regardless of who they like, and they just need to grow up. So, now with that being said I would like to think that I am in fact a Die Hard, There to Support You All the Time Yankees Fan!! And Hell Ya!! I am Damn Proud of what they accomplished this season.

 
 

11/5/09   |   MarkTheShark   |   590 respect

jsmooth1 wrote:
Hilarious...you should check out this video, also hits Yankee fans right in the heart.

What a great video..hilarious. New Yorkers ..just PRETEND to be gracious.

11/5/09   |   jsmooth1   |   4 respect

Hilarious...you should check out this video, also hits Yankee fans right in the heart.

11/5/09   |   icedee   |   170 respect

derms33 wrote:
Yankees, Lakers, and Cowboys?  Damn Rigga, do you ever run in the back?  or are u always up FRONT?  being in your early 40's, i already know the answer.  

ME too...

11/5/09   |   simchakazen   |   1 respect

that is the go yanks

11/5/09   |   ohwell_   |   16341 respect

Well said Pat.  You captured in type, what I have been saying for 30+ years.

11/5/09   |   kramer   |   11004 respect

Aceraison wrote:




I'm not a Yankees fan but I like the Ochocinco dances.

I'm not a Bengals fan, but that putt with the pylon still cracks me up.

11/5/09   |   Aceraison   |   183 respect





I'm not a Yankees fan but I like the Ochocinco dances.

11/5/09   |   mk_donley   |   2554 respect

Good job Pat! Way to rant on the Yankees! Oh BTW, Royals, Twins, Pirates, Rays, Brewers, Padres, Marlins, Cubs, and Indians fans congratulate you too.

11/5/09   |   ms_hippie_queen   |   29961 respect

billywa wrote:
"but sitting your ass on the couch had absolutely nothing to do with the Yankees' success."

I'm not a Yankees fan but I've noticed the shirt I wear and where I sit on the couch actually does have an effect on the outcome of my beloved Oklahoma Sooners' football games... 

and balancing the rally pillow on my head has done wonders for the texans!

11/5/09   |   DeeRigga   |   5704 respect

derms33 wrote:
Yankees, Lakers, and Cowboys?  Damn Rigga, do you ever run in the back?  or are u always up FRONT?  being in your early 40's, i already know the answer.  

LOLOLOL

Stop riding me, man!!  This is how things roll in my life - They just happen to be My Teams...no blinking or stuttering...

11/5/09   |   ms_hippie_queen   |   29961 respect

absolutely, perfectly put. well said in every way!!

11/5/09   |   keppieboy   |   158 respect

kramer wrote:
A-Rod conveniently got hurt at the same time he was supposed to be serving a suspension for using steroids.  We all know the Yankees weren't the only ones using steroids, but the bottom line is A-Rod DID, and over the 2009 season I've lost all the respect I used to have for the guy.
 

I still do not know what you are talking about he was never suspended.

11/5/09   |   jjh8857   |   327 respect

kramer wrote:
A-Rod conveniently got hurt at the same time he was supposed to be serving a suspension for using steroids.  We all know the Yankees weren't the only ones using steroids, but the bottom line is A-Rod DID, and over the 2009 season I've lost all the respect I used to have for the guy.
 

You could write this letter to any team that wins any championship.  Whining & being bitter is what all fanboys do.  I especially love #2.  Your a fan.  You had nothing to do with the team winning a championship.  Nothing. 

11/5/09   |   DeeRigga   |   5704 respect

kramer wrote:
When MY team wins it again?  I'll gloat if my team ever has another winning season!  I said it last night and I'll say it again, the Yankees are the prime example for why baseball needs a salary cap.
 

Awww (Gawd I LOVE this site)...Now I should pity your peeps cuz they sell off every good player by July3rd...but I do agree, baseball DOES need a cap...it just better have a NY on it!!

11/5/09   |   kramer   |   11004 respect

A-Rod conveniently got hurt at the same time he was supposed to be serving a suspension for using steroids.  We all know the Yankees weren't the only ones using steroids, but the bottom line is A-Rod DID, and over the 2009 season I've lost all the respect I used to have for the guy.

 

11/5/09   |   billywa   |   658 respect

"but sitting your ass on the couch had absolutely nothing to do with the Yankees' success."

I'm not a Yankees fan but I've noticed the shirt I wear and where I sit on the couch actually does have an effect on the outcome of my beloved Oklahoma Sooners' football games... 

11/5/09   |   keppieboy   |   158 respect

 Arod did not get suspended he was hurt and steroids was all over baseball if you think only the Yankees were using you need get your head out of the sand. 

11/5/09   |   guylake   |   321 respect

[Clapping slowly]

Great writing.

11/5/09   |   kramer   |   11004 respect

DeeRigga wrote:
No...WE don't feel that way at all...let us gloat! Let US enjoy this moment - even if it's the 27th time we've done it! When the Sox win it again, you will also be doing this, but of course your team is a little more desperate to do this than my team... (I know this is burning y'all up, but GAWD, if you could se the cheese-eating grin on my face typing this, you'd chase me down with machetes)...Ohhhhhhhhhhh...Yankees Win!! PS...Have a nice day!!

When MY team wins it again?  I'll gloat if my team ever has another winning season!  I said it last night and I'll say it again, the Yankees are the prime example for why baseball needs a salary cap.

 

11/5/09   |   DeeRigga   |   5704 respect

kramer wrote:
Pat, thank you for expressing what I'm pretty sure every fan of baseball feels today.
 

No...WE don't feel that way at all...let us gloat! Let US enjoy this moment - even if it's the 27th time we've done it! When the Sox win it again, you will also be doing this, but of course your team is a little more desperate to do this than my team... (I know this is burning y'all up, but GAWD, if you could se the cheese-eating grin on my face typing this, you'd chase me down with machetes)...Ohhhhhhhhhhh...Yankees Win!! PS...Have a nice day!!

11/5/09   |   al3xsucks13   |   16 respect

"stop saying we"
well at least we did have jealous haters on our team
http://storage.canoe.ca/v1/blogs-prod-static/mediam/Hatorade_large.jpg

11/5/09   |   derms33   |   17642 respect

DeeRigga wrote:

Dayum RedSox Fan...Always trying to rain on somebody's parade!!  You got your two, be happy!  If it wuz anyone else, you'd be ragging them also...Suck it up, WE WON...now bring on Spring Training and let's get this thing going again

Yankees, Lakers, and Cowboys?  Damn Rigga, do you ever run in the back?  or are u always up FRONT?  being in your early 40's, i already know the answer.  

11/5/09   |   MarkTheShark   |   590 respect

That was passion....and truth. Good job Pat!

11/5/09   |   keppieboy   |   158 respect

Well let me say we did have a good year and it feels like a million years since we last won the world series. 

11/5/09   |   derms33   |   17642 respect

The best article ever done by Pat...RESPECT!   but the Red Sox shoulda put up a better fight than they did with their payroll...i am just sayin

11/5/09   |   DeeRigga   |   5704 respect

Dayum RedSox Fan...Always trying to rain on somebody's parade!!  You got your two, be happy!  If it wuz anyone else, you'd be ragging them also...Suck it up, WE WON...now bring on Spring Training and let's get this thing going again

11/5/09   |   joncool65   |   7 respect

I don't think I've ever read something where I was like.......every word of this is true, until now!

11/5/09   |   blueseat9   |   4 respect

LMFAO

11/5/09   |   kramer   |   11004 respect

Pat, thank you for expressing what I'm pretty sure every fan of baseball feels today.