FanIQ would never condone binge drinking (I, on the other, do), but if you're so inclined we plan to partake in some hydration festivities throughout today's draft coverage, as has been a long tradition among my draftnik friends.
Bleacher Report has provided a pretty solid starting point for your drinking game festivities. Here's a taste of my favorites that will be included in our own version:
-Every time a Chris Berman nickname references a song that’s over 20 years old…drink twice!Well done. Inspired by their effort, I have a few modifications and additions:
-Every time you hear the word “spygate”…drink!
-Every time Jets or Eagles fans boo a pick…drink!
-Every time Emmitt Smith uses a word that isn’t actually a word…drink!
-Every time you see a commercial starring Peyton Manning…drink!
-Every time you see a commercial starring Peyton and Eli Manning…drink twice!
- Every time Chris Mortensen "breaks" a story that eventually never happens and wasn't even remotely close to being accurate ... drink!
- Every time Todd McShay and Mel Kiper get into a heated preschool disagreement ... drink once!
- If Mel Kiper actually makes the better point ... drink twice!
- Every time you hear the term "reach" ... reach for your beer and drink!
- Every time you see a draft prospect at home with his family pretending to be on the phone ... drink once! Drink twice if the girlfriend, baby momma ... or sister is hot.
Dan Shanoff has published his annual buzzword drinking games cues. This is one of my favorites.
"Upside" (1)Here's an oldy, but a goody, if you plan to be passed out by the time your team picks in the middle of round 1.
"The next..." (1)
"Best player available" (1)
"Value pick" (-1)
"Big Board" (2)
"Great hips" (-2)
"Character guy" (3)
Any trite quips about Mel Kiper's hair (5)
"But what do I know?" (10)
While all these are outstanding, we prefer to go with a much more simple format. If you choose to join myself, tron and lil' tron tomorrow at 3 pm. Here's our basic format:
- Predict the draft pick in the first 30 seconds the team is on the clock.
- If you're incorrect ... finish half of your beer/fresca, whatever it is you choose. We used to abide by the full beer penalty, but we're getting older and the 5 minute reduction in time puts a dent into it's feasibility. Plus, we enjoy being awake for Round 2.
If you're up for it, we'll see you at three o'clock for the NFL Draft Live Thread. Typing errors as the draft progresses will be tolerated. And by all means, your brilliant ideas on other formats are welcome below.