Game Time: Fri, Jan 1 @ 8:30 PM ET
Final
Cincinnati Bearcats
Cincinnati Bearcats
(2-0)
24
Florida Gators
Florida Gators
(2-1)
51
  • Bar Talk
  • Bar Games
  • News
  • Facebook

You must be logged in to post a comment
 
Show:
All Comments (1-50 of 113) | Friends' Comments (0)
Dubs wrote: That's probably what Oklahoma Sooner fans thought when they played BSU in the Fiesta Bowl a couple of years ago. 
Well you will have the ocassional fluke like last years sugar bowl with Utah & Bama and a couple years ago with Hawaii & Georgia. Oh wait, Hawaii needed medical attention to get their team back on the plane.
1/10/10
willscout wrote: It just seems that letting these types of programs into major bowls is a waste of a perfectly good bowl game. The Sugar Bowl was reporting some 4000 Gator fan tickets went unsold. Reason being? Who wants to waste all that money to go to a game thats over before it even starts? I dont even bother to watch some of the games on TV because its usually more interesting watching paint dry.
That's probably what Oklahoma Sooner fans thought when they played BSU in the Fiesta Bowl a couple of years ago. 
1/8/10
Dubs wrote: I'm not saying TCU would have won or even fared better than UC did.  If TCU had been given the opportunity to play against a BCS opponent, then there would be no need to speculate about all these other things.  Why not give non-BCS schools a chance to compete with the big boys on a big stage when the opportunity arises? 
It just seems that letting these types of programs into major bowls is a waste of a perfectly good bowl game. The Sugar Bowl was reporting some 4000 Gator fan tickets went unsold. Reason being? Who wants to waste all that money to go to a game thats over before it even starts? I dont even bother to watch some of the games on TV because its usually more interesting watching paint dry.
1/5/10
willscout wrote: TCU would have gone by way of the Bearcats. Why do people assume that just because you go undefeated in a basicly weak conference you can step up and play with the big boys?  Its nothing against TCU, Cincy and Boise but they just dont belong in top tier games against elite teams.  
I'm not saying TCU would have won or even fared better than UC did.  If TCU had been given the opportunity to play against a BCS opponent, then there would be no need to speculate about all these other things.  Why not give non-BCS schools a chance to compete with the big boys on a big stage when the opportunity arises? 
1/4/10

johnshirey54 wrote: I am aware of the fact Cincinnati is a good team, but Florida is a great team with a huge chip on their shoulder, the Gators will make the Bearcats look awful. Feel free to disagree, but I'll be damned if Tebow doesn't finish his career with a blowout win.
AND THATS EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED! GO GATORS BRO!!!
1/3/10
Well Raven, even tho it didn't come out as you hoped - you were nice about it and, you have a beautiful baby, better luck next time.
1/2/10
Dubs wrote:

Congrats to Florida on the win!  Great all-around effort.  I said it a month ago when the bowl selections were posted and I will say it again....TCU should have been the Gators' opponent in the Sugar Bowl.  It would have been better for Florida, UC, the fans, the Sugar Bowl, and the BCS as a whole. 

TCU would have gone by way of the Bearcats. Why do people assume that just because you go undefeated in a basicly weak conference you can step up and play with the big boys?  Its nothing against TCU, Cincy and Boise but they just dont belong in top tier games against elite teams.  
1/2/10

Congrats to Florida on the win!  Great all-around effort.  I said it a month ago when the bowl selections were posted and I will say it again....TCU should have been the Gators' opponent in the Sugar Bowl.  It would have been better for Florida, UC, the fans, the Sugar Bowl, and the BCS as a whole. 

1/2/10

We need a playoff system! I am tired of watching bowl games that should be an actual game turn into a joke.
Just because you go undefeated beating up on what are basicly 5A high school teams doesnt mean you can play with the big boys. If we ever get a true play off system free from politics and financial sway most of these undefeated teams who believe they deserve to be in the NCS will be quickly weeded out. Be careful what you wish for!

1/2/10
wrote: I noticed in the BCS you have to play good a few years before they start giving you a harder schedule. Yeah, we lost. But i still love my Bearcats. I always will, and there is always next year for us, too.  I am pretty much thinking UC will have to do good 5 or 6 years before the speculation of it being a fluke goes away. Florida has been great for a while and UC is just now trying to come in its own. UC fans have waited and cheered for a long time to see this, and a loss to Florida really won't deter anyone here from being proud of them, regardless of  what anyone says about their schedule strength.  You have to start at the bottom to make it to the top.

I'm not trying to argue. I said congrats. I didn't complain that we lost. And I still, and always will, love my Cats.
Oh, absolutely. You have to back your team win or lose and you should be proud you made it that far. And I wasnt trying to belittle the Bearcats I was just trying to point out the difference in conferences. As far as getting a tougher schedule as you get more wins well you will only play as tough a schedule as your conference can supply. Its an apple to oranges type comparison. This is not the first (and probably not the last) time the current BCS system has created such a mis-match.
1/2/10

willscout wrote: Its not thinking we will win just because we ARE the Gators. We know we will win because you ARE the Bearcats. Yes you had an undefeated season but your schedule is pretty light. The Gators O and D lines are much bigger. Your receivers couldnt shake our secondary and your corners dont match up to the recieving corp of the Gators. Its just simple football facts. Same thing a couple of years ago with undefeated Hawaii and Georgia.
I noticed in the BCS you have to play good a few years before they start giving you a harder schedule. Yeah, we lost. But i still love my Bearcats. I always will, and there is always next year for us, too.  I am pretty much thinking UC will have to do good 5 or 6 years before the speculation of it being a fluke goes away. Florida has been great for a while and UC is just now trying to come in its own. UC fans have waited and cheered for a long time to see this, and a loss to Florida really won't deter anyone here from being proud of them, regardless of  what anyone says about their schedule strength.  You have to start at the bottom to make it to the top.

I'm not trying to argue. I said congrats. I didn't complain that we lost. And I still, and always will, love my Cats.
1/2/10
If you dont want to hear them mention Tim Tebow than stop him so they dont have anything to say about him!!!!  That being said........ Bearcat fans are gonna hear his name a whole lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1/2/10

MONEY!!!!!! Thats the reason they wont have 2 SEC teams play for the NCS. Sponsorship is everything. Lets say it came to Florida and Bama being #1 and #2 AFTER the SEC Championship. In the eyes of the sponsors nobody wants to see a "replay" of 2 teams that played just a few weeks earlier. Wasted advertising $$$$$! And seeing as how a lot of the money is controlled by those supporting the PAC and Big 10 you will never see the SEC play solely for the NCS. Even if they come up with a playoff system they will continue to have lopsided match ups ie; Gators/Bearcats, Hawaii/Georgia, etc. Its a money thing!

1/2/10
wrote: I am standing firm on Cincinnati just as hard as you Gator fans are standing hard on your team...What you say can go both ways. All you Gator fans think you have automatically have this just because they ARE the Gators...They should play hard, cause Cincinnati, with or without Kelly, will be playing with heart...and they won't make it easy...You may not think our defense is top notch...but just remember which of us is undefeated...
Its not thinking we will win just because we ARE the Gators. We know we will win because you ARE the Bearcats. Yes you had an undefeated season but your schedule is pretty light. The Gators O and D lines are much bigger. Your receivers couldnt shake our secondary and your corners dont match up to the recieving corp of the Gators. Its just simple football facts. Same thing a couple of years ago with undefeated Hawaii and Georgia.
1/2/10
FLORIDA WAS IN THE GROVE FROM THE START! KICKED THE BEARCATS ALL OVER!
1/2/10

ScottandDenise wrote: TO BE THE MAN YOU GOTTA BEAT THE MAN
To be a better man, you have to accept defeat graciously. There is always next year.
1/2/10

bettikins wrote: Thanks Raven!!  I wish that it had been a better game and not a runaway.  UC had a great year and hopefully with your new coach will be up in the top 10 again next year.  Don't know if you ever watched Tebow play but all that was said over and over is the truth.  He is a wonderful young man with a great future...be in football or spreading the word of the Lord to the orphans or prisoners.  The one thing that made a difference in the players is that we feed out boys and put meat on their bones!!  You guys need to fatten up those kids!!  LOL
Best of Luck to you and UC in 2010~~
Lol, I am pretty sure our boys eat, too.  As slim as they seem, some of them are a beast.  It's a shame, cause Gilyard usually is a beast on the field.  I understand how great this was for Tebow cause it's his last game with the Gators, but this was also the last game for Pike and Gilyard, and they did great things for UC as well.  They ALL deserve congrats!
1/2/10
wrote: Yeah.....UC pretty much lost. There is next year.  I'm not going to complain. They did their best.  Congrats to Tebow in his last game (as the announcers keep reminding us), however, congrats to Pike and Gilyard on their season. It's their last game, too. Good game, Gators.
Thanks Raven!!  I wish that it had been a better game and not a runaway.  UC had a great year and hopefully with your new coach will be up in the top 10 again next year.  Don't know if you ever watched Tebow play but all that was said over and over is the truth.  He is a wonderful young man with a great future...be in football or spreading the word of the Lord to the orphans or prisoners.  The one thing that made a difference in the players is that we feed out boys and put meat on their bones!!  You guys need to fatten up those kids!!  LOL
Best of Luck to you and UC in 2010~~
1/2/10
TO BE THE MAN YOU GOTTA BEAT THE MAN
1/2/10

1/2/10

I CANT TAKE ANYMORE IS WHAT CINN RECIEVER SAID

1/2/10

Yeah.....UC pretty much lost. There is next year.  I'm not going to complain. They did their best.  Congrats to Tebow in his last game (as the announcers keep reminding us), however, congrats to Pike and Gilyard on their season. It's their last game, too. Good game, Gators.
1/1/10
RUNNIG THE SCORE UP MY ASS WE TEACH THEM TO PLAY FOUR QUARTERS NOT 3
1/1/10
THE ONLY REASON THAT THE NATIONAL TITLE DOES NOT COME DOWN TO TWO SEC TEAMS PLAYING IS CAUSE OF THE BCS IF NOT WE WOULD OF HAD TWO SEC TEAMS FOR THE LAST 4 YAERS PLAYING IN THE NATIONAL TITLE GAME
1/1/10
LAST 4 YEARS THE SEC HAS WON THE NATIONAL TITLE WHAT OTHER CONFRENCES HAVE DONE THAT
1/1/10
ALABAMA WILL BEAT TEXAS JUST LIKE THE GATORS DID CINN
1/1/10
THE TOUGHEST TEAMS ARE IN THE SEC
1/1/10
THE HELL WITH THE BSC RANK THEM BY STRENGTH OF SCHEDULE
1/1/10

WE NEED A PLAY OFF SYSTEM

1/1/10
NO GEORGIA TECH WOULD HAVE BEATEN THEM ALMOST AS BAD THEY BELONG IN THE LOW LOW LEVEL OF 1-A BALL THEY PLAYED NODOBY THIS YEAR JUST LIKE HAWII THERE YEAR THEY WENT UNDEFEATED BUT GEORGIA PUT THE BEAT DOWN ON THEM IN THE BOWL GAME
1/1/10
WHERE DOESE THE MADNESS END GO GATORS
1/1/10
HOW MANY RECORDS CAN TEBOW GET KNOW HE HAS THE MOST YARDS IN A BOWL GAME BY ANY COLLEGE PLAYER EVER BEATING VINCE YOUNG
1/1/10
genobibb007 wrote: Cincy with the surprise win today, I feel a bad day for Tebow
Boy was I wrong about this game. Cincy is not in the same league as the Gators. In Division 1-A football there are 3 levels, There is the high level, the medium, level and the low level. Florida is one of the teams in that high level and Cincy is in the medium level.  Cincy couldn't compete in the high level. Cincy was a bit overrated, they should of been matched up with Georgia Tech, probably would have been a more competitive game.
1/1/10
YOU AINT MET A WHITE BOY QUET LIKE ME(TIM TEBOW)
1/1/10
LIKE KID ROCK SAID YOU AIN'T A WITE BOY LIKE ME (TIN TEDOW)
1/1/10
THE WINNINGEST CLASS IN THE SEC TIM TEBOW AND THE FLORIDA GATORS
1/1/10

GUESS SO!!

1/1/10
 HERE IS IDEA FOR CINN JOIN THE SEC IF YOU WANT RESPECT
1/1/10
wrote: UC fans are loyal to theirs, too...and we have a player who did charity, too...Gilyard helped the homeless when he, himself was homeless....guess bot of our teams had players who thought well enough of to put others before themselves. Kudos to them.
love those Gators.....SEC....MEYERS.....TEBOW AND THE WHOLE TEAM.....OH AND THE GATOR NATION!!
GOOOOOO GATORS!!!!!!!!!!!!
1/1/10
THE GATORS MADE THE SEC WHAT THEY ARE
1/1/10
HOW YOU LIKE THE SEC NOW
1/1/10
sorry cinci
1/1/10
HERNANDEZ HERNANDEZ HERNANDEZ
1/1/10
3 TIME WE HAD THE BALL AND 2 SCORES
1/1/10
MAMMA PLEASE HELP HERE COME THEM DAM GATORS HA HA
1/1/10
YOU GUYS SUCK CINN WILL BE LUCKY TO SCORE AT ALL
1/1/10
HAYDEN IS GOING TO HAVE A HAY DAY
1/1/10
ITS GOING TO BE A RAINEY AND MOODY NIGHT I NEW ORLEANS TONIGHT
1/1/10
well it will be about 10,00 time they mention his name after tonight GO GATORS
1/1/10
welcome to sec cinn
1/1/10
FanIQ Sports Bar: Scores, Friends and Games
0 Bar Points
My Rank: N/A