Asked by: Jason_ (+)
Answers Created: 1904
Tennessee Titans



Last Answer: KSbengals99 (+)
Answers: 5938
Cincinnati Bengals




« Locker Room Polls
20
Filter Error 6/13
Today's stand in filter has been brought to you by the guy who thinks Wednesdays are Fridays.
FanIQ Pts? No | Locker Room | Closes 735737 days | Multiple Choice Opinion Poll
You
Get
Shi**y
Options
Today,
Deal.
Beans hates shi**y options.
20

(Caution -- you will be unable to change your answer.)


 &nbp;
TOP COMMENT * * * * * * * * * * * *
#4 | 673 days ago

MORNING!

I still haven't stopped smiling------

THIS is the stuff I do when the team I've loved for years finally wins it all............



It's Pizza and "Wear your LA KINGS STANLEY CUP SHIRT " DAY. I'll be hurting come August (possibly July), but so worth it! 
Enter the poll to see my answer
  
106 Comments | Sorted by Most Recent First | Red = You Disagreed
Vote for your favorite comments. Fans decide the Top Comment (3+ votes) and also hide poor quality comments (4+ votes).
#1 | 673 days ago

(Edited by Cali_Kat)
Am I first? 

Be back later!!

Yay I was first! Went to go watch the game last night...still kinda tipsy today! Trying to get ready for work! 

Have a great day everyone!!
Enter the poll to see my answer
#2 | 673 days ago

(Edited by The_Real_Stoney)
I'm in a shi**y mood today so I'll keep it simple with a movie and a song

Today's must see movie pick is Paul Thomas Anderson's first film.. I know there's a 99% chance nobody here not named Jason has seen it..

Hard Eight

(Sydney)
1996101 minutes

Boogie Nights director Paul Thomas Anderson's first film charts the relationship between reckless youth John (John C. Reilly) and world-weary card shark Sydney (Philip Baker Hall), who takes John under his wing after showing him how to exploit the casinos' perks. Years later, the surrogate father and son are successful gamblers until John falls for a cocktail waitress (Gwyneth Paltrow) and gets mixed up with a shady stranger (Samuel L. Jackson).

Cast:
Philip Baker Hall, John C. Reilly, Gwyneth Paltrow, Samuel L. Jackson, Philip Seymour Hoffman, F. William Parker, Nathanael Cooper, Wynn White, Robert Ridgely, Kathleen Campbell, Michael J. Rowe, Peter D'Allesandro, Steve Blane, Xaleese, Melora Walters
Director:
Paul Thomas Anderson
Genres:
Dramas, Independent Movies, Crime Dramas, Independent Dramas
This movie is:
Gritty, Suspenseful, Understated
Availability:
DVD

And now a song.. Have a wonderful day


Beach House - Myth

Drifting in and out
You see the road you're on
It came rolling down your cheek
You say just what you mean
And in between it's never as it seems

Help me to name it
Help me to name it

If you built yourself a myth
You'd know just what to give
What comes after this
Momentary bliss
The consequence of what you do to me

Help me to name it
Help me to name it

Found yourself in a new direction
Arrows falling from the sun
Canyon calling would they come to greet you
Let you know you're not the only one

Can't keep hanging on
To what is dead and gone
If you built yourself a myth
You'd know just what to give
Materialize
Or let the ashes fly

Help me to name it
Help me to name it
Enter the poll to see my answer
#3 | 673 days ago

Whatup (Jason)?
    Not really a "numbers" guy when it comes to sports, but sometimes a stat just jumps up & slaps the cowboy s#!t out of you. Here's one that did it for me...Kevin Durant scored 17 points in the 4th quarter of Game 1 of the NBA Finals last night. LeBron James scored 18 points in the 4th quarter...OF HIS LAST SIX PLAYOFF GAMES? There's a WTF if you ever saw one.
Enter the poll to see my answer
#4 | 673 days ago

MORNING!

I still haven't stopped smiling------

THIS is the stuff I do when the team I've loved for years finally wins it all............



It's Pizza and "Wear your LA KINGS STANLEY CUP SHIRT " DAY. I'll be hurting come August (possibly July), but so worth it! 
Enter the poll to see my answer
#5 | 673 days ago
John_Daly (+)

This.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2S_KIErBWc
#6 | 673 days ago
18packabs (+)

Well the BOY finally made it a day Late, Thanks Delta. cheeky

Day 1 is in the books and we have made a great start. cool
Enter the poll to see my answer
#7 | 673 days ago

Happy Hump Day- hungover from game last night and work is at a stand still - long day coming up and I need another drink----too old for this ***, will be taking Friday off for Thurs night game----- AFRAUD finally earned an iota of his salary last night against the Braves (sorry Ash), he'll problay go 0 for series rest of the way- taking bets on this one any takers?
Enter the poll to see my answer
#8 | 673 days ago

John_Daly wrote: I dig this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3JLdSbeB_U&feature=relmfu
Enter the poll to see my answer
#9 | 673 days ago

Holla at your Swizzlestix,

Cubs win! Cubs win!  I'm just excited because my Detroit buddies have been running their chompers for months about how pathetic the Cubs are.  Well they are terrible.  Stevie Wonder could see it.  But I will bask in the win, even if it's just for a day. 

Speaking of Detroit, where is Ash's girl HULL?  I feel like starting some sh*t.

RIP, Henry Hill.  Without you we wouldn't of had Goodfellas. 

Lebron is getting called out for last night's loss, but even as a Bron Bron "hater," it's BS.  Wade should be catching the "heat" right now.  And Bosh.  Dude, you aren't a three point shooter.  Dennis Rodman hit a few too....did you see him jacking them up during the Finals?  smh

Props to Kevin Durant.  I can't think of a more humble, likeable athlete not named Derrick Rose (no homer).  Dude has skills, size, and grace to his game and what does he do when the game ends?  He hugs his mama.  Yessir!

Dream Team documentary tonight.  Can't wait to learn once and for all why MJ, Larry, and Magic blackballed Isiah.  Was it because he accused Magic of being gay after the AIDS was discovered?  Was it because Isiah orchestrated the troops to not pass to MJ during his first All-Star appearance, thus creating the tension that finally pinnacled during the 1991 ECF?  Or was it because Isiah was viewed as a little beyotch by everyone not named Christian Laettner (Shaq should gotten the nod over him, fwiw)?  I WANT TO KNOW DAMMIT! 

Have a great humpback whale day and remember, if you can get the milk without buying the cow, why would you ever consider buying said cow? 
#10 | 673 days ago

Day two at the new job, they are paying me $11 an hour to expo. That is like asking picaso to paint your house. Well maybe not picaso, but bobo the painting chimp at least.
Enter the poll to see my answer
#11 | 673 days ago
John_Daly (+)

Jason_ wrote:
I dig this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3JLdSbeB_U&feature=relmfu
hell yeah.
#12 | 673 days ago

John_Daly wrote: HOLY F**KING SH**....
PANTERA IN LINGERIE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liAROlu1WFI&feature=related
Enter the poll to see my answer
#13 | 673 days ago
18packabs (+)

Cali_Kat wrote:
Am I first? 

Be back later!!

Yay I was first! Went to go watch the game last night...still kinda tipsy today! Trying to get ready for work! 

Have a great day everyone!!
You will always be Number 1 kiss
Enter the poll to see my answer
#14 | 673 days ago

TOXICITY ON VIOLIN WITH THAT GIRL ON DRUMS!  I was headbanging in the office...I want that dark headed violinist immediately. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMKmQmkJ9gg&feature=relmfu
Enter the poll to see my answer
#15 | 673 days ago

aww Christian Laettner.
#16 | 673 days ago

It was just brought to my attention that "smear the queer" is now called "kill the carrier."  I feel like a part of me just died. 
#17 | 673 days ago
John_Daly (+)

Jason_ wrote:
HOLY F**KING SH**....
PANTERA IN LINGERIE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liAROlu1WFI&feature=related
lol, dude you dont have to tell me. I spent two hours looking her sh**t up last night.
#18 | 673 days ago
18packabs (+)

richard_cranium wrote:
Day two at the new job, they are paying me $11 an hour to expo. That is like asking picaso to paint your house. Well maybe not picaso, but bobo the painting chimp at least.
sorry Man. :(
Enter the poll to see my answer
#19 | 673 days ago

John_Daly wrote:
lol, dude you dont have to tell me. I spent two hours looking her sh**t up last night.
You saw her first and bros before hos....but im having a hard time not declaring her my new wife.
Enter the poll to see my answer
#20 | 673 days ago

Thoroughly enjoying all the RIP Henry Hill / Goodfella jokes. 

My two faves so far:

"He's gone, and we couldn't do nuthin about it. That's it. He's gone. He's gone...and that's it." - Official coroner's statement

and...



ttfn
Enter the poll to see my answer
#21 | 673 days ago

I started my equipment power point last night and it went over very well.  I had everyone's attention throughout the entire presentation because I engaged them and livened it up a bit.  My boss wants me to be one of the people who helps the trainers, but she conveniently pulled her wonderful stunt again, scheduling a trainer's meeting today when I have the day off!angry  This is strike two.  She's got one last chance to get it right before I tell her to look at the schedule and make sure she schedules meetings on days that I'm actually working!  I'm really feeling like an outcast, and will tell her that if she doesn't want me to be on these committees to simply tell me and get a replacement for me, because I keep falling out of the loop.  I'm going to karaoke tonight, haven't done it since I stopped going to my weekly Tuesday night place, and the same guy does more now in different places, so I'm taking advantage of the off day.  Here's hoping the Bucs rebound tonight and the pitching was just a one-night bump in the road, which I do believe it was, every team has a crappy night now and then, just want to make sure that's now the exception instead of the rule for this team.

BK over and out
Enter the poll to see my answer
#22 | 673 days ago

The_Real_Stoney wrote:
I'm in a shi**y mood today so I'll keep it simple with a movie and a song

Today's must see movie pick is Paul Thomas Anderson's first film.. I know there's a 99% chance nobody here not named Jason has seen it..

Hard Eight

(Sydney)
1996101 minutes

Boogie Nights director Paul Thomas Anderson's first film charts the relationship between reckless youth John (John C. Reilly) and world-weary card shark Sydney (Philip Baker Hall), who takes John under his wing after showing him how to exploit the casinos' perks. Years later, the surrogate father and son are successful gamblers until John falls for a cocktail waitress (Gwyneth Paltrow) and gets mixed up with a shady stranger (Samuel L. Jackson).

Cast:
Philip Baker Hall, John C. Reilly, Gwyneth Paltrow, Samuel L. Jackson, Philip Seymour Hoffman, F. William Parker, Nathanael Cooper, Wynn White, Robert Ridgely, Kathleen Campbell, Michael J. Rowe, Peter D'Allesandro, Steve Blane, Xaleese, Melora Walters
Director:
Paul Thomas Anderson
Genres:
Dramas, Independent Movies, Crime Dramas, Independent Dramas
This movie is:
Gritty, Suspenseful, Understated
Availability:
DVD

And now a song.. Have a wonderful day


Beach House - Myth

Drifting in and out
You see the road you're on
It came rolling down your cheek
You say just what you mean
And in between it's never as it seems

Help me to name it
Help me to name it

If you built yourself a myth
You'd know just what to give
What comes after this
Momentary bliss
The consequence of what you do to me

Help me to name it
Help me to name it

Found yourself in a new direction
Arrows falling from the sun
Canyon calling would they come to greet you
Let you know you're not the only one

Can't keep hanging on
To what is dead and gone
If you built yourself a myth
You'd know just what to give
Materialize
Or let the ashes fly

Help me to name it
Help me to name it
I remember being excited that "Lt. Bookman" from Seinfeld was getting to shine.
Enter the poll to see my answer
#23 | 673 days ago

marcus_nyce wrote:
Thoroughly enjoying all the RIP Henry Hill / Goodfella jokes. 

My two faves so far:

"He's gone, and we couldn't do nuthin about it. That's it. He's gone. He's gone...and that's it." - Official coroner's statement

and...



ttfn
I'm only kidding with you, we're having a party, I just came home and I haven't seen you in a long time and I'm breaking your balls, and your dead body's fu**ing fresh
Enter the poll to see my answer
#24 | 673 days ago

jswol54 wrote:
Holla at your Swizzlestix,

Cubs win! Cubs win!  I'm just excited because my Detroit buddies have been running their chompers for months about how pathetic the Cubs are.  Well they are terrible.  Stevie Wonder could see it.  But I will bask in the win, even if it's just for a day. 

Speaking of Detroit, where is Ash's girl HULL?  I feel like starting some sh*t.

RIP, Henry Hill.  Without you we wouldn't of had Goodfellas. 

Lebron is getting called out for last night's loss, but even as a Bron Bron "hater," it's BS.  Wade should be catching the "heat" right now.  And Bosh.  Dude, you aren't a three point shooter.  Dennis Rodman hit a few too....did you see him jacking them up during the Finals?  smh

Props to Kevin Durant.  I can't think of a more humble, likeable athlete not named Derrick Rose (no homer).  Dude has skills, size, and grace to his game and what does he do when the game ends?  He hugs his mama.  Yessir!

Dream Team documentary tonight.  Can't wait to learn once and for all why MJ, Larry, and Magic blackballed Isiah.  Was it because he accused Magic of being gay after the AIDS was discovered?  Was it because Isiah orchestrated the troops to not pass to MJ during his first All-Star appearance, thus creating the tension that finally pinnacled during the 1991 ECF?  Or was it because Isiah was viewed as a little beyotch by everyone not named Christian Laettner (Shaq should gotten the nod over him, fwiw)?  I WANT TO KNOW DAMMIT! 

Have a great humpback whale day and remember, if you can get the milk without buying the cow, why would you ever consider buying said cow? 
I work with 3 Detroit fans. Spent all spring listening to their sh1t about how good Detroit is going to be this year and how much the Sox are going to suck.
Look who's on top of the Al Central now.
Yeah, they've been pretty quiet for the last month.
Enter the poll to see my answer
#25 | 673 days ago

ugh, so i found out the dude who's suing me for the car accident two years ago, is suing for over $18k. state farm will pay lawyer fees and court costs and attempt to settle. what's surprising is i've only puked over it once.

in other news, my buddy english steve is back for the next eight weeks which could very well mean i'll be drunk for two months straight.
#26 | 673 days ago

jswol54 wrote:
It was just brought to my attention that "smear the queer" is now called "kill the carrier."  I feel like a part of me just died. 
The homophobic part?  I hated you for 3.2 seconds there, but I'm over it.  We can get things back the way they used to be.

Good day, bitches.

I was stuck in rainy, bumper-to-bumper traffic after work yesterday.  I know NJ has some insane drivers, crowded roads, traffic, etc, but really?  There were literally 3 accidents (all that occurred in the left lane of a 2-lane stretch of highway and all that required emergency vehicles AND tow trucks indecision) within less than a mile.  It took me almost 2 hours to get home, a drive that normally takes about 30 minutes. 

On a brighter note, is anyone else watching The Glee Project?  Probably not, but if anyone is, I have to say that I can't watch it without giggling several times for inappropriate reasons.  I'm going to mention them to you and expect PQs because, well, they're kinda mean reasons, but whatever.

1)  There's a blind kid.  OK, I see this (no pun) as a problem for obvious reasons, but fine.  I'm all about people with disabilities being able to overcome and do anything non-disabled folks can do.  But can he please wear sunglasses?  He has a major wonky-eye and I can't look at him.  They keep making him wear them in all the music videos anyway, just keep them on.  It's like that dude on Duets with the big mole between his eyes.  Dude, use some (ok, a lot of) makeup on that s**t.

2)  The transgendered kid (F-M) is annoying the hell outta me.  Shim can't really sing, is a terrible dancer, and keeps complaining about how shim's body is changing so much and that's why shim can't dance/sing as well.  I can't say for certain, as I've never had a penis, but I think that I'd be able to dance just as well if I stuck a banana (or a Vienna sausage, not everyone is endowed) between my legs as I could without it there.

3)  There's a token big girl who likes to forget she's big and wants to prove that big girls can be sexy leading ladies, too.  *sigh*  This one hurts because, as a former fattie, girl, I'm with you ... to a point.  You running around, doing video-ho dances is NOT making you look like a sexy leading lady.  It makes you look like a frat house joke.  And a good one, at that, since it makes me giggle a lot.

4)  And the part that doesn't make me laugh is that the one they kicked off this week, and one they're just BOUND to kick off soon, are the only two I really like.  Ugh.  
Enter the poll to see my answer
#27 | 673 days ago

Buenos Dias, $h*theads!

OK, I really hate to act like I'm the smartest mother f**ker I know (No I don't, but it's my fantasy so f**k you).  However, I am really beginning to worry about the geeky, nerdy types we rely on to explain weird $h*t to us because we are to lazy to research it on our own.  Anyhow, big f**king headline over on yahoo this morning..."Giant pieces of Ice Fall From The Sky".  I'm not sure what to say here, other than...ITS F**KING HAIL YOU G*D D*MN MORONS!

The Assassin of St. Skittles is in the news again, claiming he's in fear for his wife's safety after her mug shot was released to the public this week.  After takin a little gander at the photo, Ol' Cactus Jack thinks maybe Georgie Boy's safety has been in jeopardy for a grip now.  That chick looks like she eats villages for snacks.

In news that should make everybody smile, Burger King (yes, they still F'n exist) is introducing their all new "bacon sundae".  That $h*ts gotta be like sex in a bowl.

That's all the news for you F'ers.  Besides, I've probably reached the end of Ashlie's attention span anyways.

You've been edJACKated!
#28 | 673 days ago
unopescatore (+)

Karen: What do you do?
Henry Hill: I'm in construction.
Karen: [She feels the softness of his hands] They don't feel like you're in construction.
Henry Hill: Ah, I'm a union delegate.



LETS GO YANKEES....1st place!!!!
#29 | 673 days ago

Konichiwa B!tches,

Game 1 went pretty much as expected.  Miami has the two best people in the world at getting to the basket and finishing, so it's only obvious that they would have them take jump shots.  I honestly feel like I could coach this team better than Spoelstra, and I feel kinda bad for bashing a fellow Oregonian, but godd#mmit make them GO TO THE F##KING RACK!!!

I heard on the radio that Charlize Theron shaved her head for the upcoming Mad Max 4 which leads me to two thougths.  1) Why would (arguably) the most georgous woman in the history of women shave her head; and more importantly 2) Who the f##k green-lit another sh!tty Mad Max movie?!?!  Although I do kind of like the 'Road Warrior'....

I'm glad summer is around the corner, I'm looking forward to not having to stop at every godd#mn house to wait for kids to get on the bus.
#30 | 673 days ago

(Edited by beerstudk)
Godd%mn double post BS!!!
#31 | 673 days ago

The homophobic part?  I hated you for 3.2 seconds there, but I'm over it.  We can get things back the way they used to be.

I'm not a homophobe, I just hate how PC this country is becoming.  I also think it's sorta hypocritical to rename the game using the word killer. 

Here is something that makes me even angrier.  A coworker attended his cousin's wedding over the weekend.  Apparetnly a group of hipsters showed up with their own beer at an open bar wedding.  How douchey is that? 
#32 | 673 days ago
cubsgirl2 (+)

Everything has gone f*****g wrong today. I am im a very bad mood and can't work myself out of it. angry

Broke a pump part on my pool, was washing clothes when a transformer blew no way of making it to work Katie had to go, lost that money. Got into a fight with the guy at intex over the said part, I couldn't understand him, I tried but I just couldn't. Have no f*****g idea if I ordered the right part or not! Then I lost my phone. I found it, but the front is now shattered. I guess I dropped it on the driveway. frown


  everyone have a good day. smiley

crying
Enter the poll to see my answer
#33 | 673 days ago

Lobotomy Jones wrote:
I work with 3 Detroit fans. Spent all spring listening to their sh1t about how good Detroit is going to be this year and how much the Sox are going to suck.
Look who's on top of the Al Central now.
Yeah, they've been pretty quiet for the last month.
My favorite preseason line was "how many games will we win, 120?"  The best part?  They were dead serious.  Last night I overheard a few fans talking about trading for Dempster.  I loved it. 
#34 | 673 days ago

richard_cranium wrote:
Day two at the new job, they are paying me $11 an hour to expo. That is like asking picaso to paint your house. Well maybe not picaso, but bobo the painting chimp at least.
You know you'll move on up rather quickly...
#35 | 673 days ago

beerstudk wrote:
Konichiwa B!tches,

Game 1 went pretty much as expected.  Miami has the two best people in the world at getting to the basket and finishing, so it's only obvious that they would have them take jump shots.  I honestly feel like I could coach this team better than Spoelstra, and I feel kinda bad for bashing a fellow Oregonian, but godd#mmit make them GO TO THE F##KING RACK!!!

I heard on the radio that Charlize Theron shaved her head for the upcoming Mad Max 4 which leads me to two thougths.  1) Why would (arguably) the most georgous woman in the history of women shave her head; and more importantly 2) Who the f##k green-lit another sh!tty Mad Max movie?!?!  Although I do kind of like the 'Road Warrior'....

I'm glad summer is around the corner, I'm looking forward to not having to stop at every godd#mn house to wait for kids to get on the bus.
Hair grows back... it's not like she had to cut off an arm. Settle.



Speaking of movies.... I forgot all about the preview I saw months ago for that movie with Salma playing a villain, and 2 dudes and 1 girl in some sort of couple relationship. I think it's called Savages, I don't know how I feel about that. But, I was very pleased to see the new Dark Knight preview.


Don't just stare at it
#36 | 673 days ago

jswol54 wrote:
It was just brought to my attention that "smear the queer" is now called "kill the carrier."  I feel like a part of me just died. 
We always called it "murder ball" or whatever, so I'm not really surprised. We used to do that in little league football at the end of practice along with Red Rover and tackle Marco Polo. I'm assuming our parents would all be arrested today.

Just curious, but what do you guys call Barbecue tag?
Enter the poll to see my answer
#37 | 673 days ago
unopescatore (+)

cubsgirl2 wrote:
Everything has gone f*****g wrong today. I am im a very bad mood and can't work myself out of it. angry

Broke a pump part on my pool, was washing clothes when a transformer blew no way of making it to work Katie had to go, lost that money. Got into a fight with the guy at intex over the said part, I couldn't understand him, I tried but I just couldn't. Have no f*****g idea if I ordered the right part or not! Then I lost my phone. I found it, but the front is now shattered. I guess I dropped it on the driveway. frown


  everyone have a good day. smiley

crying
break out that pocket rocket. laugh


I hate talking to indians....or d-t heads (some call them that....but not me) laugh
#38 | 673 days ago
unopescatore (+)

jswol54 wrote:
The homophobic part?  I hated you for 3.2 seconds there, but I'm over it.  We can get things back the way they used to be.

I'm not a homophobe, I just hate how PC this country is becoming.  I also think it's sorta hypocritical to rename the game using the word killer. 

Here is something that makes me even angrier.  A coworker attended his cousin's wedding over the weekend.  Apparetnly a group of hipsters showed up with their own beer at an open bar wedding.  How douchey is that? 
maybe they were serving Natty Ice....can ya blame them then? laugh

Natural_Ice_Man.jpg natural ice man


everyone needs to go to a good gay bash every now and then. blush
#39 | 673 days ago
cubsgirl2 (+)

unopescatore wrote:
break out that pocket rocket. laugh


I hate talking to indians....or d-t heads (some call them that....but not me) laugh
I have no idea what nationality this man was. 
Enter the poll to see my answer
#40 | 673 days ago

marcus_nyce wrote:
We always called it "murder ball" or whatever, so I'm not really surprised. We used to do that in little league football at the end of practice along with Red Rover and tackle Marco Polo. I'm assuming our parents would all be arrested today.

Just curious, but what do you guys call Barbecue tag?
What da fv*k is barbecue tag? 

I like barbecue and I like tag, but I have a feeling there's some sexual connotation here. 
#41 | 673 days ago

unopescatore wrote:
maybe they were serving Natty Ice....can ya blame them then? laugh

Natural_Ice_Man.jpg natural ice man


everyone needs to go to a good gay bash every now and then. blush
LMAO.  Highly doubt they were serving Natty Ice.  The family is VERY wealthy.  These guys brought PBR.  It's the new hipster beer and they're putting limes in them around here.  smh 
#42 | 673 days ago

Yes, I know that I am not completely up with the times.....I don't watch too much TV, so, save it!

I was flipping through the TV last week and stopped on TBS's House of Payne......pretty funny, btw!  There was this FOX of a lady on the show and I had to look up who she was!

Do you know that 










is the grown up version of




surprise heart   Kesha Knight Pullium is GORGEOUS!!!!

That's all I got for today.

Oh, and this.....................


Enter the poll to see my answer
#43 | 673 days ago

Nick__ wrote:
Yes, I know that I am not completely up with the times.....I don't watch too much TV, so, save it!

I was flipping through the TV last week and stopped on TBS's House of Payne......pretty funny, btw!  There was this FOX of a lady on the show and I had to look up who she was!

Do you know that 










is the grown up version of




surprise heart   Kesha Knight Pullium is GORGEOUS!!!!

That's all I got for today.

Oh, and this.....................


I was listening to Akon's Smack that when I saw this. It goes quite well.
Enter the poll to see my answer
#44 | 673 days ago
unopescatore (+)

cubsgirl2 wrote:
I have no idea what nationality this man was. 
oh....then never mind...it must be just the technology world. Just put out the sprinkler and let the guests jump through it. :)
#45 | 673 days ago
cubsgirl2 (+)

unopescatore wrote:
oh....then never mind...it must be just the technology world. Just put out the sprinkler and let the guests jump through it. :)
Trust me I am about there. sad
Enter the poll to see my answer
#46 | 673 days ago
unopescatore (+)

(Edited by Dream_Machine)
jswol54 wrote:
LMAO.  Highly doubt they were serving Natty Ice.  The family is VERY wealthy.  These guys brought PBR.  It's the new hipster beer and they're putting limes in them around here.  smh 
man I didn't even know what a hipster was till I just looked it up....sounds like NERD.....I still don't really know what one is.



Edit: Photo Resize... DM
Re-Edit: nevermind, It looked better The First time. smiley
#47 | 673 days ago

Nick__ wrote:
Yes, I know that I am not completely up with the times.....I don't watch too much TV, so, save it!

I was flipping through the TV last week and stopped on TBS's House of Payne......pretty funny, btw!  There was this FOX of a lady on the show and I had to look up who she was!

Do you know that 










is the grown up version of




surprise heart   Kesha Knight Pullium is GORGEOUS!!!!

That's all I got for today.

Oh, and this.....................


She was in a Chingy video a few years ago looking GOOD.  I'd agree to be waterboarded just have her kick me in my junk. 
#48 | 673 days ago

JSwol - I get it, but I just ... *sigh* never mind.  I can't.  lol

Joe T. - shut up.

Nick - Rudy looks a little like Janet Jackson in that pic.  I heart Janet Jackson, so I heart grown-up Rudy now, too.
Enter the poll to see my answer
#49 | 673 days ago
unopescatore (+)

janet011685 wrote:
JSwol - I get it, but I just ... *sigh* never mind.  I can't.  lol

Joe T. - shut up.

Nick - Rudy looks a little like Janet Jackson in that pic.  I heart Janet Jackson, so I heart grown-up Rudy now, too.
LOL, SH-T....I missed it.

#50 | 673 days ago

kobe_lova wrote:
Hair grows back... it's not like she had to cut off an arm. Settle.



Speaking of movies.... I forgot all about the preview I saw months ago for that movie with Salma playing a villain, and 2 dudes and 1 girl in some sort of couple relationship. I think it's called Savages, I don't know how I feel about that. But, I was very pleased to see the new Dark Knight preview.


Don't just stare at it
I actually think Savages looks good, Oliver Stone is pretty hit or miss with me though...
#51 | 673 days ago

(Edited by Nick__)
unopescatore wrote:
LOL, SH-T....I missed it.



Yeah, right, you missed it!  I heard that you were the Grand Marshal?  NOT that there is anything wrong with that!




Enter the poll to see my answer
#52 | 673 days ago

(Edited by jswol54)
unopescatore wrote:
man I didn't even know what a hipster was till I just looked it up....sounds like NERD.....I still don't really know what one is.



Edit: Photo Resize... DM
Re-Edit: nevermind, It looked better The First time. smiley
Hipsters are pissing me off more and more every day.  I used to love going to a favorite bar in Wicker Park, but I can no longer go there because they've taken not only the bar over, but the entire neighborhood.  Are you telling me they cease to exist in your neck of the woods?  Because for as bad as The Situation and Snooki can be, they are a million times cooler than the coolest hipster. 
#53 | 673 days ago

Nick__ wrote:


Yeah, right, you missed it!  I heard that you were the Grand Marshal?  NOT that there is anything wrong with that!




Nick, that sorta looks like you bro.  Jus' sayin! 
#54 | 673 days ago
unopescatore (+)

(Edited by unopescatore)
Nick__ wrote:


Yeah, right, you missed it!  I heard that you were the Grand Marshal?  NOT that there is anything wrong with that!




that would be Janet my friend...I assure I was not in attendance, I was however right down the coast in a boat off Long Branch, NJ catching the sh-t out of striped bass.....not in Asbury on the striped ass.
#55 | 673 days ago
unopescatore (+)

jswol54 wrote:
Hipsters are pissing me off more and more every day.  I used to love going to a favorite bar in Wicker Park, but I can no longer go there because they've taken not only the bar over, but the entire neighborhood.  Are you telling me they cease to exist in your neck of the woods?  Because for as bad as The Situation and Snooki can be, they are a million times cooler than the coolest hipster. 
maybe in Hoboken or in the City....but I haven't really heard that term over here...I may just not be in the "know".  They'd just be douce bags out here, same as Snooki and the Situation. laugh
#56 | 673 days ago

unopescatore wrote:
maybe in Hoboken or in the City....but I haven't really heard that term over here...I may just not be in the "know".  They'd just be douce bags out here, same as Snooki and the Situation. laugh
The whole movement really started around the turn of the millennium.  I remember seeing big groups of them riding these all over campus (literally hundreds of them).  We dubbed them the "Biker Brigade," though we should of just referred to them as the guys we wanted to punch in the face.

#57 | 673 days ago

cubsgirl2 wrote:
Everything has gone f*****g wrong today. I am im a very bad mood and can't work myself out of it. angry

Broke a pump part on my pool, was washing clothes when a transformer blew no way of making it to work Katie had to go, lost that money. Got into a fight with the guy at intex over the said part, I couldn't understand him, I tried but I just couldn't. Have no f*****g idea if I ordered the right part or not! Then I lost my phone. I found it, but the front is now shattered. I guess I dropped it on the driveway. frown


  everyone have a good day. smiley

crying
I can so relate with you, except my bad day started yesterday and just continues.  Dipwad started in, I guess the weather and temperature really does have something to do with people's tempers, 2 people murdered this week, a landlord (these 2 men were friends and also worked at the same place for years), and a roommate kills his roommate...I can feel their pain... I can feel their anger, at the moment, I can relate, I can see so many shades of red, I didn't know the existed !! And poor Julie has called me every day for days crying over moving to San Antonio, a poor 15 yr old that has always lived in the country moving to the city,...mad, scared, and does not want to go for any reason...calls me for consolling..I do so..then today, she calls me, asks for a favor, and my mood because of dipwad and everything else that is sooo wrong and just keeps getting worse......I have the nerve to scream at her and hang up on her !!!  Can it get worse??  Yep...Will it?  Yep  Make it through the day.....still up in the air. And yeah, dipwad started in this morning...when does it ever stop !!
Enter the poll to see my answer
#58 | 673 days ago


Hola Qville !


I enjoyed the movie Goodfellas as much as the next guy.  But a rat is a rat is a rat . see ya Henry hope ya meet up with some of those former friends down there !

Played a few holes at golf course this morning , had so many mosquito's they could of over taken a small country indecision oh the beauty of summer down on the bayou !

Gonna watch some "Let's Make A Deal"  smiley   cause well i don't feel like working


      mmmhmmmm   
Enter the poll to see my answer
#59 | 673 days ago

jswol54 wrote:
Nick, that sorta looks like you bro.  Jus' sayin! 
Nice try!  I can't grow a full goatee!

I think you need to look in the mirror for who that looks like?!?!  Just sayin!

Also, where in the f**k is HULL_17??  I'm tired of JSWOL picking on me! I need a diversion! wink
Enter the poll to see my answer
#60 | 673 days ago

jswol54 wrote:
The whole movement really started around the turn of the millennium.  I remember seeing big groups of them riding these all over campus (literally hundreds of them).  We dubbed them the "Biker Brigade," though we should of just referred to them as the guys we wanted to punch in the face.

Enter the poll to see my answer
#61 | 673 days ago

Nick__ wrote:
Nice try!  I can't grow a full goatee!

I think you need to look in the mirror for who that looks like?!?!  Just sayin!

Also, where in the f**k is HULL_17??  I'm tired of JSWOL picking on me! I need a diversion! wink
You're hiding her in the basement of your building, aren't you you sly dog?  Always could tell you were crushing on her.  Must be that opposites attract thing. 

I know Ash will approve.  She is HULL's biggest fan. 
#62 | 673 days ago

Nick__ wrote:


Yeah, right, you missed it!  I heard that you were the Grand Marshal?  NOT that there is anything wrong with that!




surprise whoa, sh*t, WTF? I see somebody saw  Madagascar 3 this weekend.

Da dadadada dadadada,  circus!!
#63 | 673 days ago

I think I broke my weed whacker.
Enter the poll to see my answer
#64 | 673 days ago

(Edited by DeeRigga)
If you all know me, you know I HATE JIM ROME...
This dude is a douchebag extraordinaire!!!
I F****** HATE Jim Rome with a passion.  That dude was and still is the most horrible sports show host / radio personality / interviewer ever...and today he was served up by none other than Li'l Nicky himself...David Stern.

Check this out - straight from ESPN
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8048426/nba-commissioner-david-stern-radio-host-jim-rome-get-lottery

NBA commissioner David Stern got into a heated exchange with Jim Rome Wednesday when the radio host asked him if the Hornets winning the draft lottery was fixed...

"I know that you appreciate a good conspiracy theory as much as the next guy, was the fix in for the lottery?" asked Rome, who hosts a daily show on CBS Sports Network.

"I have two answers for that," Stern said. "The simple easy one, no, the second, a statement, shame on you for asking."

Rome went on to say that he thought it was his job to ask because people wonder.

"No, it's ridiculous, but that's OK," Stern said.

Rome, who used to host the show "Jim Rome is Burning" on ESPN, said he didn't think the question was ridiculous.

Stern responded: "Have you stopped beating your wife yet?"  (OMG YES!!!  Good one Dave!!)

Since Rome has no history of spousal abuse, it appears that the commissioner was using a traditional loaded question as a tool to make his point: that the question itself, in this case about the lottery, presumes guilt.

Rome responded: "I don't think that's fair."

After a little more back and forth, Rome said he hoped Stern wouldn't hold the question against him.

"I wouldn't hold it against you," Stern said. "You and I have been in more contentious talks that that. But it's good copy. You do these things for cheap thrills."

Rome took offense to that statement, and Stern changed his characterization.

"Cheap trick," he said. "You've been successful in making a career of it, and I keep coming on."

That prompted a flurry of exchanges:
 

Rome: "Making a career of it? Making a career of what? What? Cheap thrills?"

Stern: "Now you're getting mad. You're taking on the world and now Jim Rome is pouting."

Rome: "I'm not pouting, I'm taking offense."

Stern: "You want to hang up on me?"

Rome: "No, I'm seriously running out of time."

Stern: "Listen, I gotta go call somebody important like Stephen A. Smith back. He's next." (TWO Zingers???  You rock, Nicky!!)

Rome: "OK, you go make that call and I'll go talk to somebody else too I guess. Have a nice day. I did not hang up on him, we are officially out of time."


Audio:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmD-j0MJRsM   Long but WORTH IT!! (at the 7:45 mark)

F***-ing A-Classic FacePalm - Way to go, Commish!!

Enter the poll to see my answer
#65 | 673 days ago

Whoa, the layout of BOW just changed big time.  It looks weird!indecision
Enter the poll to see my answer
#66 | 673 days ago

(Edited by Dream_Machine)
kramer wrote:
Whoa, the layout of BOW just changed big time.  It looks weird!indecision
Yeah Huh, Homepage Different Too!

Edit: I Mean Profile
Enter the poll to see my answer
#67 | 673 days ago

Anybody interested in blogging regularly for the Locker Room - kind of a TMZ / People / etc. (but better) type thing? Doesn't have to be anything fancy, but don't you think it would be cool to have a badass Locker Room articles page that matches up well with the other pages with all the latest news and rumors in the celeb world?
Enter the poll to see my answer
#68 | 673 days ago

How's Your Day?  This is how mine was:

It's Worship Wednesday so everyone can kiss my ass.

and replace R2D2 (not that you really can) with hskrdave and this would be most of my convos:

Enter the poll to see my answer
#69 | 673 days ago

and Post #69
Enter the poll to see my answer
#70 | 673 days ago

Jess wrote:
Anybody interested in blogging regularly for the Locker Room - kind of a TMZ / People / etc. (but better) type thing? Doesn't have to be anything fancy, but don't you think it would be cool to have a badass Locker Room articles page that matches up well with the other pages with all the latest news and rumors in the celeb world?
Oh boy, can I be a contributor?
Enter the poll to see my answer
#71 | 673 days ago
huskerfan_ia1 (+)

kteacher wrote:
MORNING!

I still haven't stopped smiling------

THIS is the stuff I do when the team I've loved for years finally wins it all............



It's Pizza and "Wear your LA KINGS STANLEY CUP SHIRT " DAY. I'll be hurting come August (possibly July), but so worth it! 
Congrats Teach.  

Hope your celebration lasts all summer long.   smiley
Enter the poll to see my answer
#72 | 673 days ago

The_Real_Stoney wrote:
Oh boy, can I be a contributor?
Without a doubt.
Enter the poll to see my answer
#73 | 673 days ago

kramer wrote:
Whoa, the layout of BOW just changed big time.  It looks weird!indecision
"Whoa, the layout of BOW just changed big time. It looks weird! AWESOME! cheeky"

/fixed
Enter the poll to see my answer
#74 | 673 days ago

Jess wrote:
"Whoa, the layout of BOW just changed big time. It looks weird! AWESOME! cheeky"

/fixed
Why do authors have their respect number next to them? Same with commenters, also the 'fist' (I don't know what you call it, but I've always just called it the fist) seems out of place to respect a comment.
#75 | 673 days ago

(Edited by Jess)
Chief_aka_James wrote:
Why do authors have their respect number next to them? Same with commenters, also the 'fist' (I don't know what you call it, but I've always just called it the fist) seems out of place to respect a comment.
The fist is like a "fist pump" respect thing. The author's respect count is there as sort of a cred thing...as is the person posting comments, I suppose. People like recognition - people strive to have their numbers higher than others, so it encourages engagement.

I also think it's kind of natural for most people to want to read an article  (and maybe even comments) that are posted by someone who's got higher respect totals, because they know the quality will usually be higher. Of course there will be exceptions but that's generally how it works.
Enter the poll to see my answer
#76 | 673 days ago

So, my modem is about 4 years old and has shown signs it's on its last legs. A little before 6, I lose connection. After a call to Comcast confirms its not an outage, I head to the local Office Depot (a mini-store here in the city) to get a new one. I come back and call my stepfather to make sure I'm doing this right and...

I realize I bought a router when I needed a modem.

So I run back to the Office Depot before it closes, exchange the router for a modem, then come back here and....

The old modem was working again.

Two thoughts:

1.) Despite my fancy degree and use of big words and sports stat-nerdness, always remember that I am an idiot, and...

2.) This is why I can't believe in God, because if I did, I would have to conclude I am one of his playthings.
#77 | 673 days ago

I went to see Battleship today with the girl and then we got sushi.  It was nice to have a day off, even if I spent the majority of it doing laundry and homework.  And I enjoyed a watching a mindless, blow s**t up movie.  And this:
#78 | 673 days ago

Jess wrote:
Anybody interested in blogging regularly for the Locker Room - kind of a TMZ / People / etc. (but better) type thing? Doesn't have to be anything fancy, but don't you think it would be cool to have a badass Locker Room articles page that matches up well with the other pages with all the latest news and rumors in the celeb world?
I'd love to, but can't commit on a regular basis right now. Can me and J just host a podcast devoted to making fun of everything QMZ style once a week? LOL What if i can get a semi-celeb? B-lister? Ex-athlete? lohan's lawyer?
Enter the poll to see my answer
#79 | 673 days ago

jswol54 wrote:
What da fv*k is barbecue tag? 

I like barbecue and I like tag, but I have a feeling there's some sexual connotation here. 
[sam jackson voice] Correctomondo, look at JD with the big brain!

It's actually what we played as little kids, so if you were it and caught a girl, you got to give her a kiss. No back-to-backs (same  girl/guy twice). No reneges (gotta do it), No truths but dares are totally acceptable. 1 timeout per person, can't call it if they are being chased. Girl group and guy group play even/odds, then 1 girl and 1 guy play rock-paper-scissors (best 2 out of 3) to see who's it first.
Enter the poll to see my answer
#80 | 673 days ago

@ed and ash, I am not complaining, expo is f**king easy, I am on the server side of  the window, making sure the cooks in the hot as f**k kitchen are cooking and plating the orders properly. I feel like I am stealing from this company, what they have me doing a well trained chimp could do. But if they want to pay a f**kawesome cook like me what they are to do what I am, so be it. Sorry that you thought I was complaining. It was not that at all, this is the easiest job I have ever had.
Enter the poll to see my answer
#81 | 673 days ago
John_Daly (+)

Jason_ wrote:
You saw her first and bros before hos....but im having a hard time not declaring her my new wife.
Ive been thinking and maybe we can share her. I'll take her monday, wednesday and friday and you can have her tuesday, thursday and saturday. We will give her sunday to regroup and figure out what the hell went wrong in her life. 
#82 | 673 days ago

John_Daly wrote:
Ive been thinking and maybe we can share her. I'll take her monday, wednesday and friday and you can have her tuesday, thursday and saturday. We will give her sunday to regroup and figure out what the hell went wrong in her life. 
Deal.
Enter the poll to see my answer
#83 | 673 days ago

richard_cranium wrote:
@ed and ash, I am not complaining, expo is f**king easy, I am on the server side of  the window, making sure the cooks in the hot as f**k kitchen are cooking and plating the orders properly. I feel like I am stealing from this company, what they have me doing a well trained chimp could do. But if they want to pay a f**kawesome cook like me what they are to do what I am, so be it. Sorry that you thought I was complaining. It was not that at all, this is the easiest job I have ever had.
Ohh, I see.
#84 | 673 days ago

Jess wrote:
"Whoa, the layout of BOW just changed big time. It looks weird! AWESOME! cheeky"

/fixed
No, it's weird.  And by that I mean it's going to take some getting used to the way those comments and respect look, especially since it's only there and not anywhere else on the site.
Enter the poll to see my answer
#85 | 673 days ago

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Enter the poll to see my answer
#86 | 672 days ago

kramer wrote:
AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
For once, Kentucky is getting something right.
#87 | 672 days ago

marcus_nyce wrote:
[sam jackson voice] Correctomondo, look at JD with the big brain!

It's actually what we played as little kids, so if you were it and caught a girl, you got to give her a kiss. No back-to-backs (same  girl/guy twice). No reneges (gotta do it), No truths but dares are totally acceptable. 1 timeout per person, can't call it if they are being chased. Girl group and guy group play even/odds, then 1 girl and 1 guy play rock-paper-scissors (best 2 out of 3) to see who's it first.
Well, around here, between Normandie and Western we call this here a little "hide and go get it." 

Our version was slightly different, but I think that goes for most backyard games.  Sort of like smear the queer.  My Michigan buddies apparently called it tacklina.  I was like, "the fv*k?" 
#88 | 672 days ago

kramer wrote:
AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It was found that in Florida, not nearly enough people tested positive to offset the cost of the tests (also note the numbers we're looking at aren't exactly high enough to matter).
#89 | 671 days ago

Eric_ wrote:
It was found that in Florida, not nearly enough people tested positive to offset the cost of the tests (also note the numbers we're looking at aren't exactly high enough to matter).
It should be a law in all 50 states.  If you have to be given a drug test for employment, you should also have to get a drug test to get a free handout.  I also know there are plenty of people who took advantage of the system and got welfare just so they could sit on their lazy a$$ all day and not work.  My late aunt was one of them.
Enter the poll to see my answer
#90 | 671 days ago

kramer wrote:
It should be a law in all 50 states.  If you have to be given a drug test for employment, you should also have to get a drug test to get a free handout.  I also know there are plenty of people who took advantage of the system and got welfare just so they could sit on their lazy a$$ all day and not work.  My late aunt was one of them.
Well for one, it's the employers choice to require the drug test. Again, this is *costing* the state money. They've found a grand total of 2.6% positive tests. The actual data (which you conveniently ignored) shows that there is no good reason for this except to punish the poor by assuming they're all on drugs. Your anecdotal evidence can't be extrapolated to the entire population of welfare recipients (that's the logical fallacy of generalization), especially with the economy as bad as it is, meaning that many well meaning hard working people have to turn to government benefits to survive. This belief of the lazy poor has existed going back to Reagan and his "welfare queen" claim, and there's never been any evidence to support it.
#91 | 671 days ago

Eric_ wrote:
Well for one, it's the employers choice to require the drug test. Again, this is *costing* the state money. They've found a grand total of 2.6% positive tests. The actual data (which you conveniently ignored) shows that there is no good reason for this except to punish the poor by assuming they're all on drugs. Your anecdotal evidence can't be extrapolated to the entire population of welfare recipients (that's the logical fallacy of generalization), especially with the economy as bad as it is, meaning that many well meaning hard working people have to turn to government benefits to survive. This belief of the lazy poor has existed going back to Reagan and his "welfare queen" claim, and there's never been any evidence to support it.
Again, my aunt was "lazy poor."  There was nothing medically wrong with her except that she was overweight.  She just did not want to work for a living.  She didn't take care of her house nor her cat.  Lazy poor most certainly do exist, I was related to one.  So don't sit there and tell me there's "no evidence to support it."  I know she can't be the only one in this country that ever cheated the system.  I am  well aware the economy isn't in good shape, but if you have to have a drug test for a new job (and I've never worked at a company where they DIDN'T require it), then why should drug addicts, lazy people, and those who don't even want to try to apply for jobs (and you know damn well there's plenty out there) be able to get a free government handout and NOT have to go through a drug test to get it when people like us have to work for every cent we get?
Enter the poll to see my answer
#92 | 671 days ago

(Edited by AlwaysSunshine)
If they drug tested my neighbors, Kentucky's deficit problems would be FIXED.  I can list about seven people in my complex who are sitting around collecting a check and smoking or snorting it away.  One even caught his building on fire cooking up some meth.  He told everyone he was trying to fry some bacon.
#93 | 671 days ago

AlwaysSunshine wrote:
If they drug tested my neighbors, Kentucky's deficit problems would be FIXED.  I can list about seven people in my complex who are sitting around collecting a check and smoking or snorting it away.  One even caught his building on fire cooking up some meth.  He told everyone he was trying to fry some bacon.
pssst you forgot to bring up bacon.
Enter the poll to see my answer
#94 | 671 days ago

richard_cranium wrote:
pssst you forgot to bring up bacon.
Fixed.
#95 | 671 days ago

kramer wrote:
Again, my aunt was "lazy poor."  There was nothing medically wrong with her except that she was overweight.  She just did not want to work for a living.  She didn't take care of her house nor her cat.  Lazy poor most certainly do exist, I was related to one.  So don't sit there and tell me there's "no evidence to support it."  I know she can't be the only one in this country that ever cheated the system.  I am  well aware the economy isn't in good shape, but if you have to have a drug test for a new job (and I've never worked at a company where they DIDN'T require it), then why should drug addicts, lazy people, and those who don't even want to try to apply for jobs (and you know damn well there's plenty out there) be able to get a free government handout and NOT have to go through a drug test to get it when people like us have to work for every cent we get?
Sorry, I meant to say "evidence to support it to an extent that matters." Of course there are some gaming the system, but getting a 100% compliance rate isn't feasible and trying is probably going to cost more (see: Florida). In an age where the 1% is thriving  despite the recession after destroying the economy while the rest of us fall back, this to me is small potatoes, since again, the data shows the impact isn't nearly as large as you think. I'm much more concerned with how the top is controlling everything for themselves (and these kind of arguments are exactly what they want to act as distractors) than a few people using government benefits for weed. The former is a problem on a much much larger scale. It's not like there's a lot of jobs out there for anyone anyway.
#96 | 670 days ago

Eric_ wrote:
Sorry, I meant to say "evidence to support it to an extent that matters." Of course there are some gaming the system, but getting a 100% compliance rate isn't feasible and trying is probably going to cost more (see: Florida). In an age where the 1% is thriving  despite the recession after destroying the economy while the rest of us fall back, this to me is small potatoes, since again, the data shows the impact isn't nearly as large as you think. I'm much more concerned with how the top is controlling everything for themselves (and these kind of arguments are exactly what they want to act as distractors) than a few people using government benefits for weed. The former is a problem on a much much larger scale. It's not like there's a lot of jobs out there for anyone anyway.
I didn't say I liked that part about the upper class either.  Being brought up in a middle class family, I have a huge problem with BOTH of those extremes.  People cheat the system to get welfare, getting free handouts, and politicians get free cars and health insurance when they make 10 times what I do per year.  Neither are right.  Politicians can afford their cars, gas, insurance, etc much easier than I can, and they shouldn't get that crap for free.  On the other extreme, people get welfare and food stamps instead of going to a grocery store and applying to be a bagger or anything for minimum wage.  I only had to work in a grocery store for a month and I saw my share of lazies who could get jobs if they tried, but would rather live on food stamps and when they have to put stuff back because there's not enough money on the card, they put back the necessities and leave the pop, chips, and other junk food in the cart!  Look in the service departments of hospitals where I work, there's ALWAYS positions open because it's a revolving door so to speak.
Enter the poll to see my answer
#97 | 670 days ago

kramer wrote:
I didn't say I liked that part about the upper class either.  Being brought up in a middle class family, I have a huge problem with BOTH of those extremes.  People cheat the system to get welfare, getting free handouts, and politicians get free cars and health insurance when they make 10 times what I do per year.  Neither are right.  Politicians can afford their cars, gas, insurance, etc much easier than I can, and they shouldn't get that crap for free.  On the other extreme, people get welfare and food stamps instead of going to a grocery store and applying to be a bagger or anything for minimum wage.  I only had to work in a grocery store for a month and I saw my share of lazies who could get jobs if they tried, but would rather live on food stamps and when they have to put stuff back because there's not enough money on the card, they put back the necessities and leave the pop, chips, and other junk food in the cart!  Look in the service departments of hospitals where I work, there's ALWAYS positions open because it's a revolving door so to speak.
Well, I would argue that the junk food is cheap, and with average SNAP benefits of $133.85 a month, I can see how cheap would carry the day. Also, as someone who grew up with parents making barely above minimum wage, it's not exactly easy living.

There's this attitude in this country that the poor somehow deserve to be poor, and it bothers me. I grew up lower middle class, if that, and I used to have that same attitude. It was likely because I was a little bitter about it. The stigma is there and it's not subtle. As I grew up though and went to college (with not a dime contribution from my parents, all scholarships, grants, and just under 30k in debt), I realized above all else how hard my mother (may she rest in peace) worked to keep us with a roof over our heads and fed, and yeah, what we ate wasn't always healthy, but it was what was affordable.

Now I'm here with a comfortable life with a stable (allegedly) government job in a big city. Yes, I got here on my own merits, but I'm also well aware I got lucky, in that I graduated May 2008 instead of May 2009. Having seen the financial crisis play out, having seen the extent of the malfeasance from the rich, seeing now how the rich can all but buy elections (perfectly legal to boot), and seeing now much money is thrown at defense contractors that inevitably go over budget (cost-plus contracts: seriously bad idea), I just can't get myself to care about a few at the bottom misusing a system. 2.6% in Florida totaling, the results of which cost the state $45,000? A defense contractor can spend that much in the time it takes me to write this sentence.  The money is miniscule compared to what else goes on out there, so it's going to remain low on my priority list.

In addition, it's very cynical to assume that most of the poor in this country are fine with being there. That's too cynical even for me, to assume they don't have the pride to want to do better, especially since circumstances can make almost anyone poor in a heartbeat.

So yeah, go ahead and call me a libtard, a socialist, an idiot, whatever, I don't care. I need to study now (gotta somehow get this IT information into my thick skull), so I'll get off my soapbox now. I'm done.
#98 | 670 days ago

Okay...Eric, you're a libtard, a socialist, and an idiot. (only because you told me to say it)

For the record, I never once said I thought it was okay that the poor remain poor.  My point is some of them don't even try to better themselves.  Some people who claim they're poor and beg on the streets are full of it.  I'm sorry, but if you're wearing a nice leather jacket and a pair of Tims, or you're playing a brand spanking new musical instrument, you're either paying for it with drug money or you're not as poor as you claim to be.
Enter the poll to see my answer
#99 | 670 days ago

I just need to chime in a little - I get frustrated with this as well. I know people who have been forced into the system and worked their butts off to get off of it (ahem..) and I know people who choose to remain on it. They're not druggies, but they have no ambition to work and make money to take care of themselves; they'd rather just keep having babies. It's one thing if you're working and still can't support your family adequately - I know there are those out there too. I've actually been there. It's quite another when people just choose not to put any effort toward taking care of themselves. I grew up in a very poor area, and I saw this a LOT. This bothers me, because we're all paying for it - that money doesn't just come from nowhere. I'm not any happier with the rich staying richer, but I do think that people should have enough pride in themselves not to want "the government" to take care of them. There are extremes on both side of the spectrum and it's BS any way you look at it. And I realize it's small potatoes, people may think that what these families get paid to live isn't much in the grand scheme of things, but I have inside info on one family with three kids...they get over $1000 every month for groceries alone; this isn't counting WIC and other benefits like medical and help with bills. They're eating like kings. They just received $12,000 on their tax return...this is just one family. And it's ridiculous.
Enter the poll to see my answer
#100 | 670 days ago

(Edited by Eric_)
Jess wrote:
I just need to chime in a little - I get frustrated with this as well. I know people who have been forced into the system and worked their butts off to get off of it (ahem..) and I know people who choose to remain on it. They're not druggies, but they have no ambition to work and make money to take care of themselves; they'd rather just keep having babies. It's one thing if you're working and still can't support your family adequately - I know there are those out there too. I've actually been there. It's quite another when people just choose not to put any effort toward taking care of themselves. I grew up in a very poor area, and I saw this a LOT. This bothers me, because we're all paying for it - that money doesn't just come from nowhere. I'm not any happier with the rich staying richer, but I do think that people should have enough pride in themselves not to want "the government" to take care of them. There are extremes on both side of the spectrum and it's BS any way you look at it. And I realize it's small potatoes, people may think that what these families get paid to live isn't much in the grand scheme of things, but I have inside info on one family with three kids...they get over $1000 every month for groceries alone; this isn't counting WIC and other benefits like medical and help with bills. They're eating like kings. They just received $12,000 on their tax return...this is just one family. And it's ridiculous.
I just want some actual data that proves this is a problem on any type of grand or even medium scale, because again, I'm not counting anyone's anecdotal evidence as actual evidence. Way too much generalization is involved. This is what the oligarchs want. If we're fighting amongst ourselves, we're distracted while they rob us blind. We can't be like George Carlin once said, where "nobody seems to notice, nobody seems to care."

Besides, almost every state and the feds are racing to cut benefits, so don't worry, it won't be a problem much longer anyway.
#101 | 670 days ago

Eric_ wrote:
I just want some actual data that proves this is a problem on any type of grand or even medium scale, because again, I'm not counting anyone's anecdotal evidence as actual evidence. Way too much generalization is involved. This is what the oligarchs want. If we're fighting amongst ourselves, we're distracted while they rob us blind. We can't be like George Carlin once said, where "nobody seems to notice, nobody seems to care."

Besides, almost every state and the feds are racing to cut benefits, so don't worry, it won't be a problem much longer anyway.
I'm just saying that I have one example of just one family and how much money they get for CHOOSING not to work. I don't know what scale this is one but I do know that it's out there, and my taxes pay for a lot of that while schools are losing good teachers, and veterans are homeless, etc. I'm not going to discuss politics with you, I don't have numbers and I don't really care to look for them. I'm speaking from experience and what I see and things that have personally irritated me. Like I said...it's ALL bull. I'm not discounting the rich doing what they do either. But I'm personally not OK with people sponging off the system. If I've seen it as much as I have in a small area I can only imagine that it is a fairly decent sized problem. I don't think caring about that and caring about the rich getting richer are mutually exclusive.
Enter the poll to see my answer
#102 | 670 days ago

Jess wrote:
I'm just saying that I have one example of just one family and how much money they get for CHOOSING not to work. I don't know what scale this is one but I do know that it's out there, and my taxes pay for a lot of that while schools are losing good teachers, and veterans are homeless, etc. I'm not going to discuss politics with you, I don't have numbers and I don't really care to look for them. I'm speaking from experience and what I see and things that have personally irritated me. Like I said...it's ALL bull. I'm not discounting the rich doing what they do either. But I'm personally not OK with people sponging off the system. If I've seen it as much as I have in a small area I can only imagine that it is a fairly decent sized problem. I don't think caring about that and caring about the rich getting richer are mutually exclusive.
Just going to try to chime in real quick..

I'm not discounting your experience, however on the grand scale, in a country of over 300 million people we're all insignificant.  Certainly not to the people around us and those around us aren't insignificant, but when you pile everyone together we end up that way.  One person can't tip the scales in any one direction. So, while you have your experience there's never been data showing that it actually matters and in fact has had evidence showing the opposite.  You bring up your taxes, and I know we all want our tax money spent in the most efficient way possible, but I can guarantee not a cent of your taxes will go back to people in your community ripping off the system. 

Certainly there is an argument for making welfare as efficient as possible and weeding out those who may be ripping off the system.  But that's an argument much better suited for when we have all our other much more important issues in order.  We have evidence over time that an economy that has centralized wealth is stagnant and bad for the middle class.  That should be our #1 economic issue.  So yes, the two aren't mutually exclusive but one is clearly far more important and yet, doesn't even get the same amount of attention.  That, I believe, would be Eric's beef (and mine).
#103 | 669 days ago

kantwistaye wrote:
Just going to try to chime in real quick..

I'm not discounting your experience, however on the grand scale, in a country of over 300 million people we're all insignificant.  Certainly not to the people around us and those around us aren't insignificant, but when you pile everyone together we end up that way.  One person can't tip the scales in any one direction. So, while you have your experience there's never been data showing that it actually matters and in fact has had evidence showing the opposite.  You bring up your taxes, and I know we all want our tax money spent in the most efficient way possible, but I can guarantee not a cent of your taxes will go back to people in your community ripping off the system. 

Certainly there is an argument for making welfare as efficient as possible and weeding out those who may be ripping off the system.  But that's an argument much better suited for when we have all our other much more important issues in order.  We have evidence over time that an economy that has centralized wealth is stagnant and bad for the middle class.  That should be our #1 economic issue.  So yes, the two aren't mutually exclusive but one is clearly far more important and yet, doesn't even get the same amount of attention.  That, I believe, would be Eric's beef (and mine).
This is why you're the political science guy, and I'm the bean counter with no persuading skills.
#104 | 669 days ago

I can't believe Rodney King is dead.  He apparently drowned in his swimming pool.  I was 11 when the rioting occurred in LA after his beating.  I was pretty sheltered as a kid and his beating and the subsequent rioting was the first time I remember consciously knowing that all was not right with the world.
#105 | 668 days ago

Jess wrote:
I just need to chime in a little - I get frustrated with this as well. I know people who have been forced into the system and worked their butts off to get off of it (ahem..) and I know people who choose to remain on it. They're not druggies, but they have no ambition to work and make money to take care of themselves; they'd rather just keep having babies. It's one thing if you're working and still can't support your family adequately - I know there are those out there too. I've actually been there. It's quite another when people just choose not to put any effort toward taking care of themselves. I grew up in a very poor area, and I saw this a LOT. This bothers me, because we're all paying for it - that money doesn't just come from nowhere. I'm not any happier with the rich staying richer, but I do think that people should have enough pride in themselves not to want "the government" to take care of them. There are extremes on both side of the spectrum and it's BS any way you look at it. And I realize it's small potatoes, people may think that what these families get paid to live isn't much in the grand scheme of things, but I have inside info on one family with three kids...they get over $1000 every month for groceries alone; this isn't counting WIC and other benefits like medical and help with bills. They're eating like kings. They just received $12,000 on their tax return...this is just one family. And it's ridiculous.
They Gotta Be Samoan, It's Okay Jess, I've Seen It. Some People Just Know their Way Around The System And Aren't Ashamed To Not Earn Their Keep.
Enter the poll to see my answer
#106 | 668 days ago

AlwaysSunshine wrote:
I can't believe Rodney King is dead.  He apparently drowned in his swimming pool.  I was 11 when the rioting occurred in LA after his beating.  I was pretty sheltered as a kid and his beating and the subsequent rioting was the first time I remember consciously knowing that all was not right with the world.
Pretty stunning and sad. Can't we all just get along?

Post a Comment   Already a user? Sign in here
Join FanIQ - It's Free
FanIQ is the ultimate free community for sports fans.
Talk sports with fans from all over - 1,649,417+ Comments
Track your game picks - 38,670,182,382+ Sports Predictions
Prove you know sports - 116,275+ Trivia Questions
Find fans of your teams - 11,453,110+ New Friends