Asked by: Hec718 (+)
Answers Created: 14101
New York Yankees



Last Answer: texas_tornado4261 (+)
Answers: 2197
Chicago Cubs




« MLB Polls
5
Interleague Play All Season
With the Houston Astros moving to the American League there has to be at least 1 Interleague game everyday, do you like having Interleague Play all season long?
FanIQ Pts? No | MLB | Closes 102 days | Multiple Choice Opinion Poll
Yes
No
5

(Caution -- you will be unable to change your answer.)


  
15 Comments | Sorted by Most Recent First | Red = You Disagreed
Vote for your favorite comments. Fans decide the Top Comment (3+ votes) and also hide poor quality comments (4+ votes).
#1 | 694 days ago

Interleague sucks, there is no more pride between the league. Even the awards mean less, how can you have a NL or AL winner when the stats are not based only what a player does in his own league. If we just used Miguel Cabera stats agasint AL teams is he a  true crown winner????? The NFL, NBA, NHL have awards for the entire league because the stats player compile is from playing against both conferences. Baseball got it wrong wrong when they started inter league and they continue to get it wrong. by moving the Astros to the AL.
Enter the poll to see my answer
#2 | 694 days ago

(Edited by jaysinw)
INTER LEAGUE SUCKS  MLB baseball is better off without it.
Enter the poll to see my answer
#3 | 694 days ago

LOVE IT.............this way fans can see the teams they usually wouldnt have a chance to see.............yes
Enter the poll to see my answer
#4 | 694 days ago

Jeff_P wrote:
LOVE IT.............this way fans can see the teams they usually wouldnt have a chance to see.............yes
Fans have that change every year, Baseball is on TV, and you have MLB network, to many avenues to take where inter league is not needed for what you just stated, this is not 1966.
Enter the poll to see my answer
#5 | 690 days ago

I LOVE Interleague because we get to see some different matchups. Don't get me wrong, I like the division games & intra-league games, but I don't mind a little Interleague.
Enter the poll to see my answer
#6 | 661 days ago

Interleague play was a mistake in 1997 and continues to be a mistake today.  Interleague play is why the interest in the All Star game has dropped.  It is no longer special to see the two leagues best players face each other because we just saw it!  It is also a one of the reason the interest in the World Series has dropped.  It's not as much fun when the teams played each other already.  One of the things that made the World Series really great and stand out from the rest of sport was the two teams DON'T PLAY EACH OTHER!!!  Many of the players haven't even been to the other teams ball park.  It's all new and fresh and interesting.  Not so much any more.

Having 15 teams in each league?  Stupid.  It requires an interleague game all year long.  Who wants to be the lucky team to get suck with an interleague series down the stretch when you SHOULD be playing teams within your division?  This is just another stupid decision in a long line of stupid decisions made by the owners and approved by the players.  There was NO REASON for the Astros to swap leagues.  None.  I have a co-worker who has family in Houston who claimed (and admittedly I cannot confirm, this is just what I was told) that there are a LOT of VERY unhappy Astro fans about this.  But hey...  Since when has MLB gave a crap what fans wanted?
Enter the poll to see my answer
#7 | 656 days ago

ML31 wrote:
Interleague play was a mistake in 1997 and continues to be a mistake today.  Interleague play is why the interest in the All Star game has dropped.  It is no longer special to see the two leagues best players face each other because we just saw it!  It is also a one of the reason the interest in the World Series has dropped.  It's not as much fun when the teams played each other already.  One of the things that made the World Series really great and stand out from the rest of sport was the two teams DON'T PLAY EACH OTHER!!!  Many of the players haven't even been to the other teams ball park.  It's all new and fresh and interesting.  Not so much any more.

Having 15 teams in each league?  Stupid.  It requires an interleague game all year long.  Who wants to be the lucky team to get suck with an interleague series down the stretch when you SHOULD be playing teams within your division?  This is just another stupid decision in a long line of stupid decisions made by the owners and approved by the players.  There was NO REASON for the Astros to swap leagues.  None.  I have a co-worker who has family in Houston who claimed (and admittedly I cannot confirm, this is just what I was told) that there are a LOT of VERY unhappy Astro fans about this.  But hey...  Since when has MLB gave a crap what fans wanted?
in a very small sample size, it appears that fans want interleague play...just look at the poll
Enter the poll to see my answer
#8 | 656 days ago

STLCardinalsFan wrote:
in a very small sample size, it appears that fans want interleague play...just look at the poll
Also why should the NL Central be the only division with 6 teams, thats not fair to every team in that division...they moved the astros to the AL West to make every divsion have 5 teams
Enter the poll to see my answer
#9 | 656 days ago

STLCardinalsFan wrote:
Also why should the NL Central be the only division with 6 teams, thats not fair to every team in that division...they moved the astros to the AL West to make every divsion have 5 teams
Put the Brewers back in the AL were they belong, if they were not moved in the first place there would be no 6 teams in the NLC. It may be a small edge to the inter league play, truth of the matter if baseball got rid of it, those is favor will not stop watching baseball. Now, it would show is ratings how more fans would care to watch the all-star game and World Series if MLB got rid of inter league play too.
Enter the poll to see my answer
#10 | 656 days ago

jaysinw wrote:
Put the Brewers back in the AL were they belong, if they were not moved in the first place there would be no 6 teams in the NLC. It may be a small edge to the inter league play, truth of the matter if baseball got rid of it, those is favor will not stop watching baseball. Now, it would show is ratings how more fans would care to watch the all-star game and World Series if MLB got rid of inter league play too.
why would you not care to watch the all star game...It's all the best players on one field, if your a true baseball fan i dont think interleague play is gonna matter whether you wanna watch it or not....and not only that, if your team is a contender obviously you would want to watch to see if your team could potentially get home field advantage for the WS.
Enter the poll to see my answer
#11 | 656 days ago

STLCardinalsFan wrote:
in a very small sample size, it appears that fans want interleague play...just look at the poll
You said it yourself.  Small sample size doesn't even begin to cover 5 out of millions.
Enter the poll to see my answer
#12 | 656 days ago

STLCardinalsFan wrote:
Also why should the NL Central be the only division with 6 teams, thats not fair to every team in that division...they moved the astros to the AL West to make every divsion have 5 teams
Because with 30 teams some divisions HAD to be larger than others.  It could not be avoided unless interleague were expanded like it will be next year. 

Let's he honest...    The '98 expansion never should have happened.  MLB was not ready for it.  The only reason they did it was teams were losing money as a result of the '94-95 players strike.  They needed the cash.
Enter the poll to see my answer
#13 | 656 days ago

jaysinw wrote:
Put the Brewers back in the AL were they belong, if they were not moved in the first place there would be no 6 teams in the NLC. It may be a small edge to the inter league play, truth of the matter if baseball got rid of it, those is favor will not stop watching baseball. Now, it would show is ratings how more fans would care to watch the all-star game and World Series if MLB got rid of inter league play too.
I agree the Brewers belong in the AL  But if they stayed put that would not have guaranteed a 6 team NLC.  And if not the NLC some other division.  The reason the Brewers were moved was because owners for some idiot reason put one '98 expansion team in one league and the other in the other.  Both should have gone to the same league.  If they both went to the NL, then the NLC likely would still have had 6 teams.  But that expansion (which never should have happened in the first place) should have put both squads in the AL.  It just made more sense geographically.   And it is also rare when the owners make the best out of a bad decision. 

BTW...  Since you love IL play so much then I volunteer the Cardinals to play AL teams down the stretch in September when they are chasing a division title.    One out of thousands of Card fans is OK with it so that means they all would love it.
Enter the poll to see my answer
#14 | 653 days ago

If you are going to have interleague play all year long, then it is time to do away with the designated hitter. It makes for 2 different baseball games to be played and gives the American League the excuse of not having one of it's main bats if they lose. Plus, having the DH has taken the intelligence out of the baseball managers so far as when to do a double switch, when to pinch hit for a pitcher, when to put in a reliever, etc..... Baseball has become too much of the Earl Weaver model of managing: pitching, defense, and the 3-run homer, which means station-to-station baseball. And for those who say pitchers shouldn't hit--what about Matt Harvey, C. C. Sabathia, A. J. Burnett, and the rest of the pitchers who can hit and provide offense for their teams just to give an aging player who can't bend down to tie his shoes and play the field a job where he sits on his as$ all day and waits for 4 turns at bat?
Enter the poll to see my answer
#15 | 206 days ago

You know after reading all different comments I've decided that Inter-league isn't really Challenging for the Winner of there division.
there is no mystery! Really there is know completeness, Studying all season how another Teams plays really  bummer.

Post a Comment   Already a user? Sign in here
Join FanIQ - It's Free
FanIQ is the ultimate free community for sports fans.
Talk sports with fans from all over - 1,649,417+ Comments
Track your game picks - 38,670,182,382+ Sports Predictions
Prove you know sports - 116,275+ Trivia Questions
Find fans of your teams - 11,453,110+ New Friends