Skip to Next Poll »
34
Do you feel safe taking your child(ren) "Trick or Treating "? (Edited 10/30/09 10:19AM by SusanVette)
With all the flu & swine flu going around that have shut down many schools- Do you feel safe this Halloween?


How will you protect your little monster(s) ?
| Closed on 11/29/09 at 05:00PM
FanIQ Pts? No | Locker Room, Health | Numeric Input Opinion Poll
37 Fans
Question
948.7441. Do you feel safe taking your child(ren) "Trick or Treating "?

 &nbp;
TOP COMMENT * * * * * * * * * * * *
#1 | 1632 days ago

This year the kids are just going to a church party & to their Grandparents for trick & treat.I've already had the flu & still trying to recoop from it !!! I DON"T WANT IT AGAIN!!
69  
  
48 Comments | Sorted by Most Recent First | Red = You Disagreed
Vote for your favorite comments. Fans decide the Top Comment (3+ votes) and also hide poor quality comments (4+ votes).
#1 | 1632 days ago

This year the kids are just going to a church party & to their Grandparents for trick & treat.I've already had the flu & still trying to recoop from it !!! I DON"T WANT IT AGAIN!!
69  
#2 | 1632 days ago

Actually to be very frank, from the day we had the first death due to swine flu in my city, I and my family strongly decided not to eat or drink anything outside.  And we have adhered to it strictly till date/.

However, we all decided to have internal house parties with our nearest relatives and friends every weekend in turns at either's place.  It was fun and also very safe and we have, God willing, been away from it all along.  I would advice all others to follow suit and keep yourself healthy.

Eat Quality instead of Quantity and keep your body strong to be able to cope with the attack of the germs of swine flu - is all I can say.

So just you all - take proper care since PREVENTION IS ALWAYS BETTER THAN CURE!
#3 | 1632 days ago

customercare31 wrote:
Actually to be very frank, from the day we had the first death due to swine flu in my city, I and my family strongly decided not to eat or drink anything outside.  And we have adhered to it strictly till date/.

However, we all decided to have internal house parties with our nearest relatives and friends every weekend in turns at either's place.  It was fun and also very safe and we have, God willing, been away from it all along.  I would advice all others to follow suit and keep yourself healthy.

Eat Quality instead of Quantity and keep your body strong to be able to cope with the attack of the germs of swine flu - is all I can say.

So just you all - take proper care since PREVENTION IS ALWAYS BETTER THAN CURE!
Well said my friend!!! Take Care & God keep you all well!!!!
69  
#4 | 1632 days ago

The kids are for sure not allowed to stick their hands in the bowl.  We have had 7 deaths in our area.  The virus is running rampant through the schools.  We have been blessed so far.
#5 | 1632 days ago

customercare31 wrote:
Actually to be very frank, from the day we had the first death due to swine flu in my city, I and my family strongly decided not to eat or drink anything outside.  And we have adhered to it strictly till date/.

However, we all decided to have internal house parties with our nearest relatives and friends every weekend in turns at either's place.  It was fun and also very safe and we have, God willing, been away from it all along.  I would advice all others to follow suit and keep yourself healthy.

Eat Quality instead of Quantity and keep your body strong to be able to cope with the attack of the germs of swine flu - is all I can say.

So just you all - take proper care since PREVENTION IS ALWAYS BETTER THAN CURE!
I agree with Sadmar's comment here. I'm worried for my children, younger relatives and others rather than myself (I won't regret in the  grave for kicking the bucket early..RIP ..lol). The virus seems to be virulent on young and old folks. Just some precautionary measures; avoid unnecessary congregation with unfamiliar crowds, consume vitamin C as supplement,  lots of fruits & green apples in particular. Refrain from eating pork, which scientifically has been proven to occasionally contain various cyst and bugs which are extremely difficult to eliminate even by boiling, frying & even treated with gamma rays....yawn!!!
#6 | 1632 days ago
spyder6665 (+)

my grandkids go to there local church were they trick or treat in the trunks of cars this year the parents will be doing this but they are wearing rubber gloves and anyone with a sick child will not be there  but luckly in the area they are there have been no flu cases.
as for me n pop we will be handing out candy to all the little ones that come but i will be stepping outside togive them there candy do not want to take a chance that a sick child show up n get pop sick. hope you all have a safe and healthy halloween
666  
#7 | 1632 days ago
Wordsmith (+)

I am not concerned - the kids have already been taught not to put their hands up to their faces, and they wash their hands when they get home.

All that candy and sugar they eat over the next week, will KILL any flu germs that survived.
58  
#8 | 1632 days ago

I would let my daughter go, my son is way to old to go..  but this year my son has a football game.. we are going to that instead of going out.. She will have more fun at the game..
64  
#9 | 1632 days ago
SuperStar123 (+)

 I don't have kids, however, unfortunately times have changed. You never heard of what happens now. We were alone as kids and had a great time. Just a warning to Mom's! I heard that more children are killed on Halloween than any other day of the year. Have fun & be careful!  
15  
#10 | 1632 days ago

We don't have our kids at home anymore.  Our only grandson is 600 miles away in St. Louis.  We'll watch horror movies with the lights off tomorrow.  I feel sorry for this generation.  Halloween was a lot of fun when I was a kid.  In 1968, my brother and I brought home two grocery sacks full of candy, dumped it in the living room floor, and went out a second time.  i don't think we got home until midnight.
0  
#11 | 1632 days ago

Just going to peoples' houses that we know who have not been sick. My community has been very lucky . We only had nine cases of the swine flu in our school system and that was at the high school! My daughter knows the precautions she must take before and after so I really don't have a great concern about her or I getting sick.
54  
#12 | 1632 days ago

My kids are older, so the trick or treat thing is hang out at our home and hand out candy.

But if they were that age, I would have no problem sending them out.  Keep a small bottle of purell handy and keep them warm and dry.  Eevrything will be fine.
5  
#13 | 1632 days ago

you know if you keep your kids locked in their rooms, there's a good chance they'll never get sick, they won't skin their knee, they won't lose at sports, they won't see dirty movies, and they won't learn cuss words

Happy Halloween everyone! Don't forget your hazmat suits!
58  
#14 | 1632 days ago

We won't let a little flu bug or swine bother us. The candy is what we will be geting sick off of.  Have a great halloween!
69  
#15 | 1632 days ago
JRSFLAME88 (+)

My kids are too old to go trick or treating.  There is a little carnival at the school and church that they will go to.
88  
#16 | 1632 days ago

No kids here to go trick or treating.    No worries.
11  
#17 | 1632 days ago

Seeing as how I don't have kids, this is not a concern for me.
#18 | 1632 days ago
sherribaby88 (+)

I have a 14 year old left at home... guess what... I am the one  dressing up and going house to house... I live in a gated community so, I would have to say, she stays home, I go trick or treating in costume, and yes ma'am, I feel very safe.... lol
#19 | 1632 days ago
sherribaby88 (+)

The_Real_Stoney wrote:
you know if you keep your kids locked in their rooms, there's a good chance they'll never get sick, they won't skin their knee, they won't lose at sports, they won't see dirty movies, and they won't learn cuss words

Happy Halloween everyone! Don't forget your hazmat suits!
How funny you should say that... my daughter keeps her door open, but I can't get her out of her room... too much texting, ps3 and talking on her cell phone... I don't think she stands a chance of getting sick.,., No dirty movies can she see, but she does know cuss words.. oops, learned that at school.. I am the one in costume trick or treating... she stays home and just picks out what she wants..
Happy Halloween to you and yours.. how did  you guess my costume is a hazmat suit?,.,, lol
#20 | 1632 days ago

All kids are grown but when they take the grandbaby out(why I don't now as he just turned one) I'm not concerned about the flu problem. Proper hygiene is the key. I'm more concerned of the crazies lacing candies with drugs or razor blades and drivers not paying attention............Happy Spook Night to all and be safe!
3  
#21 | 1632 days ago
fasterhurry (+)

Swine Flu been and gone our country lucky not 2 badly affected and Halloween not so big here but is getting bigger with all da Americans living here we are catching on. With daylight saving it's very light don't get dark till 9:pm.
100  
#22 | 1632 days ago
KINGSFAN00 (+)

All my kids are grown so they're big enough to take care of themselves !!!
#23 | 1631 days ago

No worries
7777.77  
#24 | 1631 days ago

Daniel_and_Becca wrote:
No worries
LoL!! Of Course you have no worries!! You have NO kids. You crack me up!!
#25 | 1631 days ago

are yaar bachhe to hone do ................
10  
#26 | 1631 days ago
sc0ttm0 (+)

(Edited by sc0ttm0)
Around here they're saying to have your kids not reach into bowls, and let people put the treats in their bags for them.  Then let the candy sit for several hours, any viruses on the wrappers will die during that time.
1969  
#27 | 1630 days ago

EVEN JUST GOING TO CHURCH & THEIR GRANDPARENTS  -MY SON GOT SICK AT 1:15AM  TOO MUCH CANDY !!!!
69  
#28 | 1630 days ago

pilot004 wrote:
are yaar bachhe to hone do ................
Huh?
39  
#29 | 1630 days ago

pilot004 wrote:
are yaar bachhe to hone do ................
pyare panchi bahon mein.. :)
#30 | 1630 days ago

HUBBY SAID TRICK OR TREATERS MAKE GREAT HOME MADE CANDY!!! THEY ARE ALWAYS STUFFED WITH SWEETNESS !! NO NEED TO ADD SUGAR!!!
69  
#31 | 1629 days ago

Yeah it is kinda dangerous this time around especially with that darn SWINE FLU
5  
#32 | 1629 days ago
I_GARDNER (+)

ABSOLUTELY!

LIVING IN A SMALL TOWN [APPROX 13,500 AND CHANGE] HAS DEFINATE ADVANTAGES!
21  
#33 | 1629 days ago

Daniel_and_Becca wrote:
No worries
I agree no worries all fun and getting bigger and bigger each year now lights go up starting at Halloween with the colors of Halloween now in my community with big time decorations.  Some families get moonwalks which are $50.00 for 8hrs. These are the ones that you just get in and jump, some have in back yard and others have in cul-de-sac with an array of music. 
#34 | 1629 days ago

BikerBaby wrote:
This year the kids are just going to a church party & to their Grandparents for trick & treat.I've already had the flu & still trying to recoop from it !!! I DON"T WANT IT AGAIN!!
 Heal thyself, real quick time baby, kids truly miss grandmas more than granpas.
59  
#35 | 1629 days ago

adaduitokla wrote:
I agree with Sadmar's comment here. I'm worried for my children, younger relatives and others rather than myself (I won't regret in the  grave for kicking the bucket early..RIP ..lol). The virus seems to be virulent on young and old folks. Just some precautionary measures; avoid unnecessary congregation with unfamiliar crowds, consume vitamin C as supplement,  lots of fruits & green apples in particular. Refrain from eating pork, which scientifically has been proven to occasionally contain various cyst and bugs which are extremely difficult to eliminate even by boiling, frying & even treated with gamma rays....yawn!!!
 To be frank, pork eating does not give swine flu, keep the hands clean, wash them regularly, more honestly, avoid all meat, as nature has its way of balance which palate of humans has upset. !
These virus can spread when in congregation, of all humans, children and aged are having less immunity, so they are the ones to catch it, but flu as a rule, is cured by the body with its own immune system, this mutated virus is also now getting used to medicine, that is an issue of concern.
 Sure prevention is available in nature, use neem oil 2 drops with 5 drops of Eucalyptus oil and no virus can escape this when used in the hand kerchief, held to cover mouth and nose. 
59  
#36 | 1629 days ago

 Get over the fear factor, but do take preventive steps, keep the children healthy with their good habits of hand wash, accidents are caused, they do not happen. !
Have  a GOOD  celebrations, with care and caution, Love and regards,rajen
59  
#37 | 1629 days ago

i did but i made sure they never left my sight.
22222  
#38 | 1629 days ago

(Edited by BikerBaby)
raja_starkglass wrote:
 Get over the fear factor, but do take preventive steps, keep the children healthy with their good habits of hand wash, accidents are caused, they do not happen. !
Have  a GOOD  celebrations, with care and caution, Love and regards,rajen
Say your ABC's 3 or 4 times while washing your hands & if your using antibacterial soap get your hands covered & let it set for a couple of seconds before washing it off- let the soap do more on your skin then be on for a second.While your at it have the kids to wash their faces too.It being cold season - most germs are around the nose & mouth.
69  
#39 | 1629 days ago

raja_starkglass wrote:
 To be frank, pork eating does not give swine flu, keep the hands clean, wash them regularly, more honestly, avoid all meat, as nature has its way of balance which palate of humans has upset. !
These virus can spread when in congregation, of all humans, children and aged are having less immunity, so they are the ones to catch it, but flu as a rule, is cured by the body with its own immune system, this mutated virus is also now getting used to medicine, that is an issue of concern.
 Sure prevention is available in nature, use neem oil 2 drops with 5 drops of Eucalyptus oil and no virus can escape this when used in the hand kerchief, held to cover mouth and nose. 
Hi,ya Frank !!!!!!
69  
#40 | 1629 days ago

BikerBaby wrote:
Hi,ya Frank !!!!!!
Hi, ya, baby........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
59  
#41 | 1629 days ago

raja_starkglass wrote:
 To be frank, pork eating does not give swine flu, keep the hands clean, wash them regularly, more honestly, avoid all meat, as nature has its way of balance which palate of humans has upset. !
These virus can spread when in congregation, of all humans, children and aged are having less immunity, so they are the ones to catch it, but flu as a rule, is cured by the body with its own immune system, this mutated virus is also now getting used to medicine, that is an issue of concern.
 Sure prevention is available in nature, use neem oil 2 drops with 5 drops of Eucalyptus oil and no virus can escape this when used in the hand kerchief, held to cover mouth and nose. 
ha ha ha ha............i'm veg!!!!!!
#42 | 1628 days ago

sahitya_murali wrote:
ha ha ha ha............i'm veg!!!!!!
Occassional half truths are permissible, Sahitya, :-D
59  
#43 | 1628 days ago

BikerBaby wrote:
Well said my friend!!! Take Care & God keep you all well!!!!
yes i havent had any shots for any flu, so i am keeping my fingers, crossed. messy says hi.
#44 | 1627 days ago

I have no kids so I will go along and have some fun with my nieces and nephews and they are taught what's best so no worries
#45 | 1627 days ago

pilot004 wrote:
are yaar bachhe to hone do ................
 You need help on this???
#46 | 1627 days ago

messy11 wrote:
yes i havent had any shots for any flu, so i am keeping my fingers, crossed. messy says hi.
Poor Bubs has to have 2 shots !! For the swine flu - they are giving them at their school .
69  
#47 | 1625 days ago

pilot004 wrote:
are yaar bachhe to hone do ................
hi
#48 | 1623 days ago
Scottpositron27 (+)

Grands came to our house, only trick or treaters in 3 years
42  

Post a Comment   Already a user? Sign in here
Join FanIQ - It's Free
FanIQ is the ultimate free community for sports fans.
Talk sports with fans from all over - 1,649,417+ Comments
Track your game picks - 38,670,182,382+ Sports Predictions
Prove you know sports - 116,275+ Trivia Questions
Find fans of your teams - 11,453,110+ New Friends
F/E 4/18
Asked by kobe_lova | Locker Room | 1 questions asked Yesterday
7 opinions | 15 comments | Last by sports_schmorts
Random Questions
Asked by Jess | Locker Room | 9 questions asked 04/16/14
117 opinions | 20 comments | Last by AlwaysSunshine
F/E 4/17
Asked by kobe_lova | Locker Room | 1 questions asked 04/17/14
5 opinions | 10 comments | Last by woody050681
I Like to Watch
Asked by kobe_lova | Locker Room | 6 questions asked 04/16/14
84 opinions | 11 comments | Last by ima246
Pack your Bags!
Asked by Cali_Kat | Locker Room | 1 questions asked 04/16/14
7 opinions | 15 comments | Last by marcus_nyce