Skip to Next Poll »
11
What do you think of the limited amount of "respects" we are allowed to give? (Edited 11/05/09 12:17AM by Raven73)
I liked giving "thumbs ups" to any comment i felt i liked
| Closed on 12/05/09 at 05:00PM
FanIQ Pts? No | Locker Room, Miscellaneous | Opinion List
Rank70 FansAvg (1st)
1.Don't like it2.6 (50)
2.Doesn't matter2.1 (14)
3.Like it1.4 (6)

 &nbp;
TOP COMMENT * * * * * * * * * * * *
#42 | 1729 days ago

There is so much good quality stuff submitted that it is difficult to now pick and choose. I gave all mine away in 20 minutes. I hope we get more. A good number would be 30-50 I think.  Can't give people enough encouragement to keep submitting quality content!  
1. Don't like it  2. Doesn't matter  3. Like it  
  
95 Comments | Sorted by Most Recent First | Red = You Disagreed
Vote for your favorite comments. Fans decide the Top Comment (3+ votes) and also hide poor quality comments (4+ votes).
#1 | 1730 days ago

Right now everything is new and improved. We will all be loving it by next week. I think I just sent out my first challenge! 
1. Like it  2. Doesn't matter  3. Don't like it  
#2 | 1730 days ago

Dont like it 
AND IT
Doesn't matter
AND I
Will try to  learn to like it
1. Don't like it  2. Doesn't matter  3. Like it  
#3 | 1730 days ago

 It means either you give Respect to Polls or comments that earns it or waste it on keeping friendship to useless posts.
1. Doesn't matter  2. Like it  3. Don't like it  
#4 | 1730 days ago

I can't even give your poll a thumbs up/respect or whatever, BECAUSE I'M ALREADY OUT!!!

(Apart from that I do like the Qbucks monetary system. I think I'm gonna start some kinda of Q ponzi scheme. I didn't see anything in the new CoC about it, so...)
1. Don't like it  2. Doesn't matter  3. Like it  
#5 | 1730 days ago

it will be fun
1. Doesn't matter  2. Like it  3. Don't like it  
#6 | 1730 days ago
Hiawatha (+)

 I just gave my two cents in the "Season 2 is Here" poll. I won't try and retype them here.
#7 | 1730 days ago

It kind of makes you really think about giving out your respect. I Don't care for it. I just logged on and already my Respects were used up. I haven't even had a chance to do it yet. What's up with that??
1. Don't like it  2. Doesn't matter  3. Like it  
#8 | 1730 days ago
JRSFLAME88 (+)

marcus_nyce wrote:
I can't even give your poll a thumbs up/respect or whatever, BECAUSE I'M ALREADY OUT!!!

(Apart from that I do like the Qbucks monetary system. I think I'm gonna start some kinda of Q ponzi scheme. I didn't see anything in the new CoC about it, so...)
1. Don't like it  2. Doesn't matter  3. Like it  
#9 | 1730 days ago

I like receiving but I liked giving them even more.
1. Don't like it  2. Doesn't matter  3. Like it  
#10 | 1730 days ago

 i don't really care about the amount of respect we can give but i do like how people can't give you a poor rating because of an opinion you have about a topic. that was kind of annoying. it made you feel like you couldn't say what you wanted on here. 
1. Doesn't matter  2. Like it  3. Don't like it  
#11 | 1730 days ago
JRSFLAME88 (+)

ohwell_ wrote:
Dont like it 
AND IT
Doesn't matter
AND I
Will try to  learn to like it
That is smart!  I agree with you completely.  Right now it sucks!
1. Don't like it  2. Doesn't matter  3. Like it  
#12 | 1730 days ago

woody050681 wrote:
I like receiving but I liked giving them even more.
so are you a giver or receiver??
1. Doesn't matter  2. Like it  3. Don't like it  
#13 | 1730 days ago

(Edited by streetballer123)
I liked the thumbs up better.
#14 | 1729 days ago

marcus_nyce wrote:
I can't even give your poll a thumbs up/respect or whatever, BECAUSE I'M ALREADY OUT!!!

(Apart from that I do like the Qbucks monetary system. I think I'm gonna start some kinda of Q ponzi scheme. I didn't see anything in the new CoC about it, so...)
1. Don't like it  2. Doesn't matter  3. Like it  
#15 | 1729 days ago

garciabears54 wrote:
It kind of makes you really think about giving out your respect. I Don't care for it. I just logged on and already my Respects were used up. I haven't even had a chance to do it yet. What's up with that??
1. Don't like it  2. Doesn't matter  3. Like it  
#16 | 1729 days ago

I like giving them out because there are always a lot of good answers on here. Being limited to 10 a day isn't right. This morning I was on for quite awhile and gave out a lot of Thumbs up. I left for maybe a 1/2 hour and iit was Part 2 and I had no respects that I could give, I'm confused...
1. Don't like it  2. Doesn't matter  3. Like it  
#17 | 1729 days ago

I liked it since it's the new rule of the game
#18 | 1729 days ago

Cali_Kat wrote:
so are you a giver or receiver??
Definitely a giver, I'm just looking for a receiver to give to...LMAO
1. Don't like it  2. Doesn't matter  3. Like it  
#19 | 1729 days ago

(Edited by kteacher)
marcus_nyce wrote:
I can't even give your poll a thumbs up/respect or whatever, BECAUSE I'M ALREADY OUT!!!

(Apart from that I do like the Qbucks monetary system. I think I'm gonna start some kinda of Q ponzi scheme. I didn't see anything in the new CoC about it, so...)
Let me know if you need any help with that scheme. (Of course I am going to want a cut. )
1. Don't like it  2. Doesn't matter  3. Like it  
#20 | 1729 days ago

woody050681 wrote:
Definitely a giver, I'm just looking for a receiver to give to...LMAO
I am more than happy to receive....lol!!
1. Doesn't matter  2. Like it  3. Don't like it  
#21 | 1729 days ago

(Edited by garciabears54)
PJ88Fan wrote:
I like giving them out because there are always a lot of good answers on here. Being limited to 10 a day isn't right. This morning I was on for quite awhile and gave out a lot of Thumbs up. I left for maybe a 1/2 hour and iit was Part 2 and I had no respects that I could give, I'm confused...
Yeah, Right on PJ!!!! WHat the HEy!!! Not cool Q!! How did our Respects get used up without us even using them??
1. Don't like it  2. Doesn't matter  3. Like it  
#22 | 1729 days ago

Cali_Kat wrote:
I am more than happy to receive....lol!!
Whoa this poll is getting a little hot!! Maybe we should take this private, Oh wait we already are..LMFAO
1. Don't like it  2. Doesn't matter  3. Like it  
#23 | 1729 days ago

kteacher wrote:
Let me know if you need any help with that scheme. (Of course I am going to want a cut. )
shhhh, keep it on the DL. There are Mods everywhere. LOL
1. Don't like it  2. Doesn't matter  3. Like it  
#24 | 1729 days ago

I think it's a horrible idea, and I like absolutely nothing about it
1. Don't like it  2. Doesn't matter  3. Like it  
#25 | 1729 days ago

woody050681 wrote:
Whoa this poll is getting a little hot!! Maybe we should take this private, Oh wait we already are..LMFAO
Wow now everyone knows our "dirty little secret" LMAO
1. Doesn't matter  2. Like it  3. Don't like it  
#26 | 1729 days ago

marcus_nyce wrote:
shhhh, keep it on the DL. There are Mods everywhere. LOL
1. Don't like it  2. Doesn't matter  3. Like it  
#27 | 1729 days ago
mongoose409 (+)

It's going to be very hard going thru the polls and reading hundreds of  comments and sports opinions while keeping in mind you only have 10 whacks of giving respect. Now, I will be wondering, do i give a respect here or there or just hold off with the possibility that somewhere down the line I find the meaning of life in another poll. 10 is way too little.
#28 | 1729 days ago

mongoose409 wrote:
It's going to be very hard going thru the polls and reading hundreds of  comments and sports opinions while keeping in mind you only have 10 whacks of giving respect. Now, I will be wondering, do i give a respect here or there or just hold off with the possibility that somewhere down the line I find the meaning of life in another poll. 10 is way too little.
1. Don't like it  2. Doesn't matter  3. Like it  
#29 | 1729 days ago

I think the previous term"Thumbs Up' was better than "Respect".
and giving limited no of it to anybody is quite awkward......  
#30 | 1729 days ago

It should be a open and improvements are welcomed and respected, but open is need to respect more people not the limited people.
1. Don't like it  2. Doesn't matter  3. Like it  
#31 | 1729 days ago

Yeah, there will be some that I should have given out earlier in the day, but I held off, b/c I might've seen something better later.  Then I won't remember where I saw the one that really should've received my respect was and then none will get passed out.  There really should be more than 10.  Plus I was just scrolling thru this poll, and I must've accidentally clicked on something, because it said I'd given one when I didn't, so now I'm down to 9....
1. Don't like it  2. Doesn't matter  3. Like it  
#32 | 1729 days ago

When it comes to websites  I dont neccesarily Like new changes.  I thought the old faniq was more user friendly.  I guess this will just take more getting used to.
#33 | 1729 days ago

I feel sooooooooooooo stingy cos I can't give as much "respects" as I wish and I'm such a  bad manager that I think I'll spend all my "respects" in a minute just as I do with money....at least we can reply each other's comments
#34 | 1729 days ago

 This new Season wants us to look at the Contribution Nos. n get satisfy rather than looking on our
1. Doesn't matter  2. Like it  3. Don't like it  
#35 | 1729 days ago

I hate it with a passion.  Right now i am so angry with whoever the numb skull is who thought this change up.  Must have been someone who was jealous of others getting more thumbs up than them.  Who ever decided to ruin  a perfectly good site can have all my thumbs up everyday.  It is definitely no fun here any more.
1. Don't like it  2. Doesn't matter  3. Like it  
#36 | 1729 days ago

Som6 wrote:
 This new Season wants us to look at the Contribution Nos. n get satisfy rather than looking on our
Those who obey will never fail to command.! :-D
1. Doesn't matter  2. Don't like it  3. Like it  
#37 | 1729 days ago

raja_starkglass wrote:
Those who obey will never fail to command.! :-D
But I haven't received the 10 commandments ....LOL
1. Doesn't matter  2. Like it  3. Don't like it  
#38 | 1729 days ago

 In civil society, respect is the foundation on which we grow, if the administration wants less cement for foundation, they know what they are doing, let them have it their way, later we will do it all over again, foundation I mean. ! Why limits to respect each other, ?You have given us rules, we will obey it at your risk.Those who obey, will never fail to command, the charge of the light brigade. !
1. Doesn't matter  2. Don't like it  3. Like it  
#39 | 1729 days ago

 I am logging out, have no respects left to extend, saved two for later, now I am turning in to better manager of my time, love and regards,
1. Doesn't matter  2. Don't like it  3. Like it  
#40 | 1729 days ago

Why limit the amount thumbs up?!?!?

There are a lot of "respected comments"; sometimes a lot more in one poll than the amount  I can now give out.



I think its dis-respectful.
#41 | 1729 days ago

  Blues already
1. Don't like it  2. Doesn't matter  3. Like it  
#42 | 1729 days ago

There is so much good quality stuff submitted that it is difficult to now pick and choose. I gave all mine away in 20 minutes. I hope we get more. A good number would be 30-50 I think.  Can't give people enough encouragement to keep submitting quality content!  
1. Don't like it  2. Doesn't matter  3. Like it  
#43 | 1729 days ago

SusanVette wrote:
There is so much good quality stuff submitted that it is difficult to now pick and choose. I gave all mine away in 20 minutes. I hope we get more. A good number would be 30-50 I think.  Can't give people enough encouragement to keep submitting quality content!  
You just earned my first respect of season 2.

1. Don't like it  2. Doesn't matter  3. Like it  
#44 | 1729 days ago

I think the reason for that is you can buy thumbs ups in the gift shop to give out at 125 bucks a piece. So after you use your ten you can go to the gift shop and buy them. See it's all about the Benjamins baby. They can make money when you run out of bucks, since you have to buy them then.
1. Don't like it  2. Doesn't matter  3. Like it  
#45 | 1729 days ago

(Edited by cubsgirl)
Well I guess since you can buy more thumbs it's really not about quality then is it.
#46 | 1729 days ago

PJ88Fan wrote:
I like giving them out because there are always a lot of good answers on here. Being limited to 10 a day isn't right. This morning I was on for quite awhile and gave out a lot of Thumbs up. I left for maybe a 1/2 hour and iit was Part 2 and I had no respects that I could give, I'm confused...
 I came and joined this site, thanks to my young friend, as per her, just for fun of it, started with about an hour, for the site, till recently for season one, I was using my time to read, exchange thoughts and opinions about  2 hours, then, last two weeks, even up to four hours, may be it was addictive, so good, now I have limited needs, even limited means, priorities change for good.If this is commercial way of dispensing fun, well, I am not in, Love and regards,
1. Doesn't matter  2. Don't like it  3. Like it  
#47 | 1729 days ago

i'm sure we'll all end up liking it in the end but for now i'm not a big fan of the 10 respects being allowed. I preferred being able to say whether i thought something was smart, funny or bold not just giving respect. I am glad the pq has gone though, it needed doing away with.
1. Don't like it  2. Doesn't matter  3. Like it  
#48 | 1729 days ago

JRSFLAME88 wrote:
Gina and Alfred have the right Idea. You will have to respond to each person and give them an emoticon thumbs up. IF they are going to give us a limit on our respects the number should be higher. When you have 100's of followers 10 is waay to skimpy.
 
1. Don't like it  2. Doesn't matter  3. Like it  
#49 | 1729 days ago

The_Real_Stoney wrote:
I think it's a horrible idea, and I like absolutely nothing about it
 
1. Don't like it  2. Doesn't matter  3. Like it  
#50 | 1729 days ago

I WANT MY SMART/FUNNY BUTTONS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!
1. Don't like it  2. Doesn't matter  3. Like it  
#51 | 1729 days ago

JRSFLAME88 wrote:
That is smart!  I agree with you completely.  Right now it sucks!
Pay respect is what you do when someone dies. So here it goes:
Season 1 was a fun loving, high fiving, hell of a game playing and community hero. Rest in peace.......Condolences to the Q family
1. Don't like it  2. Doesn't matter  3. Like it  
#52 | 1729 days ago
Anthonyg7575 (+)

marcus_nyce wrote:
I can't even give your poll a thumbs up/respect or whatever, BECAUSE I'M ALREADY OUT!!!

(Apart from that I do like the Qbucks monetary system. I think I'm gonna start some kinda of Q ponzi scheme. I didn't see anything in the new CoC about it, so...)
Laundering "respects" huh? LOL
1. Don't like it  2. Doesn't matter  3. Like it  
#53 | 1729 days ago
Anthonyg7575 (+)

SusanVette wrote:
There is so much good quality stuff submitted that it is difficult to now pick and choose. I gave all mine away in 20 minutes. I hope we get more. A good number would be 30-50 I think.  Can't give people enough encouragement to keep submitting quality content!  
I gave all mine away in 2 clicks....because that was all I had, was 2. This morning I wake up and I have 4.
1. Don't like it  2. Doesn't matter  3. Like it  
#54 | 1729 days ago

I don't like being limited...like I'm on a leash or something.  Turn Me Loose!!  But I am glad the PQ has been dispersed!!
1. Don't like it  2. Like it  3. Doesn't matter  
#55 | 1729 days ago

I hate the fact that you're limited to 10 respects a day. That's just not enough for all the stuff that goes on here in the run of a day. I'm going to go to the Q shop and buy some thumbs up to send out, cause that's the only way I'll be using my Q bucks.
1. Don't like it  2. Doesn't matter  3. Like it  
#56 | 1729 days ago
JRSFLAME88 (+)

I have not had any respects to give out!  Every since the change when I have tried to give one I get a message that say I have used mine up for the day.  How did I use something I never had????  This sucks!  Have you looked at the points Q Bucks it takes to buy something? The would all be gone in a couple of purchases!!! 
1. Don't like it  2. Doesn't matter  3. Like it  
#57 | 1729 days ago

No respect i liked funny more. 
1. Don't like it  2. Doesn't matter  3. Like it  
#58 | 1729 days ago

Cue the Rodney Dangerfield jokes.
1. Doesn't matter  2. Like it  3. Don't like it  
#59 | 1729 days ago

it blows! since i only have ten now - i have to budget them for the real screamers...but what if i have one that makes me laugh so hard i fart after i've given my ten? then what? i don't like this at all... 
#60 | 1729 days ago
gambler_20 (+)

so i guess in the  new system there is no way or really knowing if someones comment is liked or dis liked, hence we have to protion our respects we are really only going to give them to a) a friend we like or B) a VERY good comment
1. Don't like it  2. Doesn't matter  3. Like it  
#61 | 1729 days ago

it sucks now u have to budget them and I think it should rollover too if you dont use them as wellLike having rollover minutes lol!!!!!!
1. Don't like it  2. Doesn't matter  3. Like it  
#62 | 1729 days ago

(Edited by Beaze)
I think it's like real life, there is only a limited amount of respect you can give out before you become a kiss-ass.
#63 | 1729 days ago

i miss having the 'smart' and 'funny' options
1. Don't like it  2. Doesn't matter  3. Like it  
#64 | 1729 days ago

i'll be the one to say it...it doesn't matter really if you like it...it's here to stay

1. Doesn't matter  2. Don't like it  3. Like it  
#65 | 1729 days ago

Towards the end of season one when they announced the changes, I stated that I thought limiting the amount of thumb ups/respects would be the most contentious change.

I understand why the change was made; there was gratuitous thumb ups in every poll, article, hotlink, etc. I scratched my head sometimes as to why the stupidest remarks were getting thumb ups or smart, funny, and bolds. As you can tell, I was stingy in handing out accolades unless I thought something actually deserved it. (That being said, on occasion I too fell prey to loosely handing out accolades in the case of pretty girl      , shocking I know )

So, I understand why the change was made, but at the same time, I'm lost at how they came to this system. Sure it works fine for those who pop on for a half hour or so, but for those of us who spend more time on here, its actually taken some fun out of it. I don't think that is an intended consequence. I also think that some people will continue to hand out "respects" based on how popular a member is rather than how smart, funny, or bold a comment is. (Note; I said "some" people). Again, I think this is an unintended consequence.

If I had my way, I'd sending this one back to the drawing board. If the powers that be can't come up with another solution, then lets go back to the old way slightly flawed way.

#66 | 1729 days ago

I feel that one should not try to fix a thing before it is broken. I think this new version is attempt to fix some thing which was all right.
1. Don't like it  2. Doesn't matter  3. Like it  
#67 | 1729 days ago

SusanVette wrote:
There is so much good quality stuff submitted that it is difficult to now pick and choose. I gave all mine away in 20 minutes. I hope we get more. A good number would be 30-50 I think.  Can't give people enough encouragement to keep submitting quality content!  
Ten "respects" is way to few a number.
What happened to "funny", and "bold".?
Getting rid of the PQ was fine, because i believe it led to bad stuff, but i go through alot of things every time i am on the Q, and just being allowed to give 10 users a compliment, or "respect", is difficult.
1. Don't like it  2. Doesn't matter  3. Like it  
#68 | 1729 days ago

I have noticed a HUGE dip in my activity since this "Season 2" stuff started a few days ago.  I don't like setting limits on thumbs ups (respect) either.  Sorry,  Season 1 was very addicting,  and I was on it constantly.  This new version seems more slow and less active,  and I don't come on as much.  It sucks.
#69 | 1729 days ago

garciabears54 wrote:
It kind of makes you really think about giving out your respect. I Don't care for it. I just logged on and already my Respects were used up. I haven't even had a chance to do it yet. What's up with that??
I can do this:  on what he said up there!
1. Don't like it  2. Doesn't matter  3. Like it  
#70 | 1729 days ago

SORRY, I DONT HAVE MORE OF THIS RESPECT, I GIVE YOU THIS
#71 | 1729 days ago

First off, to all the polls, trivia, and quizzes that I took today=I give you all "respect" or thumbs ups! Said I had 10 and got to use 3. I guess the only reason to get on now is to do my picks! For what I aint sure?  New is not always better! I hope the powers to be will read all these comments and consider what is being said here. Alot of us were in the upper levels 23-and on, and made our ways there by visiting the site as much as we could everyday, and participating. Now we have really nothing to show for it. I liked seeing my rankings go up, and see where my points were, and who was giving me thumbs up. I had quite a few emails today about the changes. And everyone was disappointed. 2 Q'ers wont be back that I know. I used to sit here for hours doin trivia and quizzes with a friend of mine to see who did better. Now she aint coming back because she cant thumbs up anymore. She will make her picks on saturday and i guess we can bet on that only. I'm afraid to give shout outs for they may use my respects. Why cant we save our repects day in and day out the ones we dont use. Please fix it. The fantasy seems cool though! Remember change is not always needed, but refreshing doesnt hurt!
1. Don't like it  2. Doesn't matter  3. Like it  
#72 | 1729 days ago

weldwater wrote:
First off, to all the polls, trivia, and quizzes that I took today=I give you all "respect" or thumbs ups! Said I had 10 and got to use 3. I guess the only reason to get on now is to do my picks! For what I aint sure?  New is not always better! I hope the powers to be will read all these comments and consider what is being said here. Alot of us were in the upper levels 23-and on, and made our ways there by visiting the site as much as we could everyday, and participating. Now we have really nothing to show for it. I liked seeing my rankings go up, and see where my points were, and who was giving me thumbs up. I had quite a few emails today about the changes. And everyone was disappointed. 2 Q'ers wont be back that I know. I used to sit here for hours doin trivia and quizzes with a friend of mine to see who did better. Now she aint coming back because she cant thumbs up anymore. She will make her picks on saturday and i guess we can bet on that only. I'm afraid to give shout outs for they may use my respects. Why cant we save our repects day in and day out the ones we dont use. Please fix it. The fantasy seems cool though! Remember change is not always needed, but refreshing doesnt hurt!
Well said, Steve...I tried to give you "respect", but I'm OUT....don't know HOW I am out....only gave out ONE (that I remember).  I'll give u one of these, though......
1. Don't like it  2. Doesn't matter  3. Like it  
#73 | 1729 days ago

 Its not that big a deal, its just a ridiculously retarded idea to implement something like that.
1. Don't like it  2. Like it  3. Doesn't matter  
#74 | 1729 days ago
cwb0795 (+)

 this sucks can i buy someones leftovers
#75 | 1729 days ago

Well, to everyone who contributed to this poll; I give each of you two thumbs up, a snap and a twist.
1. Don't like it  2. Doesn't matter  3. Like it  
#76 | 1728 days ago

i hate this system
and i cant respect any one because it says i already given it,....
but i wont do it
i hate it
#77 | 1728 days ago

Yesterday I gave only 3 respects and just to try it out, gave respects to the ones to which I had already given.  In no time, I found my 10 respects exhausted - only 3 were shown in the stats on my page.  Now I think this is ridiculous - When the pop out clearly points out that you cannot give respect as the quota for that person is over, how then did my respect stock get exhausted?  I need an explanation on this from the mods - please - this is an S O S and it is a factual one!

I have already messaged this experience of mine to Jess.  Pray something positive would come out of it as it may be useful and helpful for other fans as well!
#78 | 1728 days ago

i have decided to ration my respects henceforth - give in turns to all those who I like and admire for their good work on the Q - This way I shall be keeping all happy - I feel (humble pie!)
#79 | 1728 days ago

customercare31 wrote:
i have decided to ration my respects henceforth - give in turns to all those who I like and admire for their good work on the Q - This way I shall be keeping all happy - I feel (humble pie!)
I second your proposal - one way out surely!
#80 | 1728 days ago

customercare31 wrote:
Yesterday I gave only 3 respects and just to try it out, gave respects to the ones to which I had already given.  In no time, I found my 10 respects exhausted - only 3 were shown in the stats on my page.  Now I think this is ridiculous - When the pop out clearly points out that you cannot give respect as the quota for that person is over, how then did my respect stock get exhausted?  I need an explanation on this from the mods - please - this is an S O S and it is a factual one!

I have already messaged this experience of mine to Jess.  Pray something positive would come out of it as it may be useful and helpful for other fans as well!
I too had some problem - I did not see all the respects appearing on my page.  Part of them vanished - needs some explanation - Some display meter to show before we actually give the respects on eligibility and quantum in hand, etc.
#81 | 1728 days ago

I dont like the limit of 10, and at least have an alternative, like "Its Ok", or "I disagree", what, just respect respect respect?
thats not realistic. I know I put I like it as my second choice but, thats because I think it "Doesnt matter is worse" than I like it.
it DOES matter.
1. Don't like it  2. Like it  3. Doesn't matter  
#82 | 1728 days ago
carlalbert64 (+)

SusanVette wrote:
There is so much good quality stuff submitted that it is difficult to now pick and choose. I gave all mine away in 20 minutes. I hope we get more. A good number would be 30-50 I think.  Can't give people enough encouragement to keep submitting quality content!  
 Well said Susan..... I really enjoyed reading people's posts and giving them smart's, funnies and bolds..... and even the very rare PQ... I hope some things are changed!
1. Don't like it  2. Doesn't matter  3. Like it  
#83 | 1728 days ago
carlalbert64 (+)

ohwell_ wrote:
Dont like it 
AND IT
Doesn't matter
AND I
Will try to  learn to like it
 Laurel - I completely agree with you........ hmmm... it's only 9:27 am.... can I afford to give you a "respect" even though I like your comment?........
1. Don't like it  2. Doesn't matter  3. Like it  
#84 | 1728 days ago
carlalbert64 (+)

kteacher wrote:
Let me know if you need any help with that scheme. (Of course I am going to want a cut. )
 I would give you a funny.... but there is none..... and sorry... doesn't rise to the level of one of my 10 "respects" for the day.... but I did laugh at your comment if that helps.....
1. Don't like it  2. Doesn't matter  3. Like it  
#85 | 1728 days ago

For Sale: 3 Respects and a faniq profile! Cheap! Treat me right and it may be free! LOL! I have no respect!
1. Don't like it  2. Doesn't matter  3. Like it  
#86 | 1728 days ago

For sure I think 10 is not enough at all but who cares?
#87 | 1728 days ago

nader2009 wrote:
For sure I think 10 is not enough at all but who cares?
#88 | 1728 days ago
kozi_12345 (+)

So i cant give one person more that 2 respects in one day????/
 GRRRRRRRRRRRR! SUCKS!
#89 | 1728 days ago
kozi_12345 (+)

kozi_12345 wrote:
So i cant give one person more that 2 respects in one day????/
 GRRRRRRRRRRRR! SUCKS!
I just wanted to be a Giver!!!!!!  
#90 | 1728 days ago

HouTxFan wrote:
Thank you so much.
#91 | 1728 days ago

kozi_12345 wrote:
So i cant give one person more that 2 respects in one day????/
 GRRRRRRRRRRRR! SUCKS!
I was depressed when I found three itmes of yours that deserved Respect and I was only allowed 2 for you. That hurt me bad.
1. Don't like it  2. Doesn't matter  3. Like it  
#92 | 1728 days ago

kozi_12345 wrote:
I just wanted to be a Giver!!!!!!  
I believe you and I should unite in our giving cause and find a new release for us to take advantage of. I'll give you what ever you want.

Steve
1. Don't like it  2. Doesn't matter  3. Like it  
#93 | 1727 days ago

Hey with Veteran's Day coming up, shouldn't we "Vets" get some extra RESPECTS to hand out? And maybe even a few Q$ to toast with?

LOL
1. Don't like it  2. Doesn't matter  3. Like it  
#94 | 1726 days ago
jasonwrites (+)

What I have found so far is I'm not on the site as much, although that's somewhat just a matter of circumstance with what's been going on personally the past few days.

It's definitely less addictive, which is probably a good thing in my case, because I was spending far too much time on here, and obsessing about my points and ranking. Now that doesn't matter anymore, so now I can treat the Q more as a diversion than an obsession.

As far as the question asked, the 10 limit certainly does suck. Yet I somehow have yet to give all mine away in a day. It seems I won't log on until night, when there's only a couple of hours until it's a new Q day. I find myself giving my Respect for actual created content-- articles, polls, hotlinks, etc. rather than on comments. Comments are important but I feel those who create content are contributing more to the site, so if I have to ration, I'll do it that way.

The old system was definitely flawed. I could write a multi-paragraph response like this and get maybe a couple of thumbs up, and certain other members could just, say, post the thumbs up icon (with no words at all) and get 20 thumbs up for it. But it just feels like we've gone from one extreme to the other, and there must be some more agreeable middle ground. And they could have done more to reward those members who worked to become the site's leading contributors in Season 1 with more than just a nifty "Season 1 All-Star" badge and 5000 extra Q-bucks, which as it turns out really isn't that much. I do appreciate those two items, realizing that they could have given us nothing extra at all, but how about, say, rewarding us based on our level, for example, if you were on Level 23 then you could have 23 Respects per day and start the new season with 23,000 Q Bucks.

But this is all rhetorical anyway, so I'm not sure why we're all taking so much time typing these comments. They've changed it, they're not going to change back, and the most we can expect now are minor tweaks along the way until they decide it's time for Season 3.
1. Doesn't matter  2. Don't like it  3. Like it  
#95 | 1726 days ago

jasonwrites wrote:
What I have found so far is I'm not on the site as much, although that's somewhat just a matter of circumstance with what's been going on personally the past few days.

It's definitely less addictive, which is probably a good thing in my case, because I was spending far too much time on here, and obsessing about my points and ranking. Now that doesn't matter anymore, so now I can treat the Q more as a diversion than an obsession.

As far as the question asked, the 10 limit certainly does suck. Yet I somehow have yet to give all mine away in a day. It seems I won't log on until night, when there's only a couple of hours until it's a new Q day. I find myself giving my Respect for actual created content-- articles, polls, hotlinks, etc. rather than on comments. Comments are important but I feel those who create content are contributing more to the site, so if I have to ration, I'll do it that way.

The old system was definitely flawed. I could write a multi-paragraph response like this and get maybe a couple of thumbs up, and certain other members could just, say, post the thumbs up icon (with no words at all) and get 20 thumbs up for it. But it just feels like we've gone from one extreme to the other, and there must be some more agreeable middle ground. And they could have done more to reward those members who worked to become the site's leading contributors in Season 1 with more than just a nifty "Season 1 All-Star" badge and 5000 extra Q-bucks, which as it turns out really isn't that much. I do appreciate those two items, realizing that they could have given us nothing extra at all, but how about, say, rewarding us based on our level, for example, if you were on Level 23 then you could have 23 Respects per day and start the new season with 23,000 Q Bucks.

But this is all rhetorical anyway, so I'm not sure why we're all taking so much time typing these comments. They've changed it, they're not going to change back, and the most we can expect now are minor tweaks along the way until they decide it's time for Season 3.
Well Put Jason!
1. Don't like it  2. Doesn't matter  3. Like it  

Post a Comment   Already a user? Sign in here
Join FanIQ - It's Free
FanIQ is the ultimate free community for sports fans.
Talk sports with fans from all over - 1,649,417+ Comments
Track your game picks - 38,670,182,382+ Sports Predictions
Prove you know sports - 116,275+ Trivia Questions
Find fans of your teams - 11,453,110+ New Friends
30 DAY DRAWING CHALLENGE DAY 25
Asked by ms_hippie_queen | Locker Room, Miscellaneous | 1 questions asked 08/19/13
6 opinions | 3 comments | Last by woody050681
Go ahead make my day
Asked by 18packabs | Locker Room, Miscellaneous | 1 questions asked 05/08/12
29 opinions | 46 comments | Last by KSbengals99
When Crap Goes Wrong!!
Asked by BamaMan | Locker Room, Miscellaneous | 1 questions asked 07/25/12
20 opinions | 19 comments | Last by KSbengals99
Neighbors,Neighbors,Neighbors
Asked by CAPTAINSEAFOOD | Locker Room, Miscellaneous | 1 questions asked 05/14/12
24 opinions | 28 comments | Last by KSbengals99
Joke of the day 12/15
Asked by huskerdoug2009 | Locker Room, Miscellaneous | 1 questions asked 12/15/12
12 opinions | 5 comments | Last by KSbengals99