Skip to Next Poll »
Cap this!
So, since salary caps are based on revenue, and the Cubs with a world wide fan base, why do you think the Cubs haven't been able to buy a world series winning team?
| Closed on 01/01/10 at 05:00PM
FanIQ Pts? No | MLB, Chicago Cubs | Multiple Choice Opinion Poll
Team Breakout:
16 Fans 
44%a. I think it's because....
25%b. I don't know good question.
13%c. You mean they haven't won
19%d. Other

  
25 Comments | Sorted by Most Recent First | Red = You Disagreed
Vote for your favorite comments. Fans decide the Top Comment (3+ votes) and also hide poor quality comments (4+ votes).
#1 | 1763 days ago
BDV4U (+)

They bought their World Series titles back in '07 & '08 (that's 1907-08 LOL)!

Management throwing good money at bad players is the current dynamic. History of choking at pivotal times explains the other 90-100 years.
I think it's because....  
#2 | 1763 days ago

Spending is not a guarantee.  It only increases the odds.  They are one of the highest spending teams in the Majors now.  Be patient.  If they keep spending, they will win a World Series sooner rather than later.
Other  
#3 | 1763 days ago

ML31 wrote:
Spending is not a guarantee.  It only increases the odds.  They are one of the highest spending teams in the Majors now.  Be patient.  If they keep spending, they will win a World Series sooner rather than later.
Lmao, were Cub fans how much more patient would you like us to be?
#4 | 1763 days ago

Rick, in the first comment,  just about wraps it up nicely. Lately, trades and acquisitions like Bradley come to mind. Bad trades and a sprinkling of dreaded curses previous to that.

Glenda reminds us that our patience should have a limit, though we are Cub fans. Let's hope new ownership will bring us our much awaited ticket to baseball heaven.
#5 | 1763 days ago

Ok heres my thoughts on it, on any given day at Wrigley, you have a sold out stadium. So why should the owners invest more into a team when they are already getting rich without doing so. You know Wrigley is more than a ball park it is a day spent back when things weren't so complicated from the ivy right down to the men in the scoreboard changing the score by hand. But enough is enough it is time to give back to the fans that have endured for 101 years. I hope the Ricketts will say this year not wait til next year.
#6 | 1763 days ago

Lmao, what is your point sir? Hey go look at my poll in the locker room my present to you is. I gave you a present.
#7 | 1763 days ago
BDV4U (+)

I believe the point ChiSoxFan84 is trying to make is the "Curse of the Goat".

Maybe they should publicly blowup Steve Bartman and the black cat (1969), too? LOL
I think it's because....  
#8 | 1763 days ago

BDV4U wrote:
I believe the point ChiSoxFan84 is trying to make is the "Curse of the Goat".

Maybe they should publicly blowup Steve Bartman and the black cat (1969), too? LOL
Well ok if we think it will help i'm all for it.  And I also say lets just go ahead and do a full blown excorcisim on Wrigley Field. Lets face it there has to be something more going on, and I REFUSE to belive that God is  a Cardinals fan!
#9 | 1763 days ago

cubsgirl wrote:
Lmao, were Cub fans how much more patient would you like us to be?
But have the Cubs been big spenders before?  I haven't heard of them doing that until recent years.  The odds of the Cubs winning have recently gone up.  If they don't win eventually they must be snake bit!
Other  
#10 | 1762 days ago
BDV4U (+)

Snake, goat, black cat, bear, tiger, lion, ...

Face it, they just bite! LOL
I think it's because....  
#11 | 1762 days ago

BDV4U wrote:
Snake, goat, black cat, bear, tiger, lion, ...

Face it, they just bite! LOL
Excuse me sir!!!!  lmao, aha the plot thickens I looked at your profile you are a Cardinals fan!!!!  I'll have you knowwe do not bite, we are biding our time, thats right you heard me. You guys may have a few rings but you aint never done it back-to-back have ya!!! No!!! 

(I hope you are ok with my sense of humor)    I messed up the smiley was supposed to be here.lol
#12 | 1762 days ago
BDV4U (+)

I grew up in a small town that was 75-25 Cards-to-Cub ratio. Many families were even split down the middle. Those handful of games against each other were a civil war. The rest of the time, it was good ol' drinking brothers again!
I think it's because....  
#13 | 1762 days ago

(Edited by cubsgirl)
BDV4U wrote:
I grew up in a small town that was 75-25 Cards-to-Cub ratio. Many families were even split down the middle. Those handful of games against each other were a civil war. The rest of the time, it was good ol' drinking brothers again!
Well I grew up about 16 blocks from Wrigley, I now live in the S.W. corner of Missouri. So it is me againt about 7,000. And they dont stand a chance.lol. But we do have fun with it!


Sorry my computer messed up
#14 | 1761 days ago
BDV4U (+)

cubsgirl wrote:
Well I grew up about 16 blocks from Wrigley, I now live in the S.W. corner of Missouri. So it is me againt about 7,000. And they dont stand a chance.lol. But we do have fun with it!


Sorry my computer messed up
That's like me. I moved to Cincinnati at the end of the 1999 season and even worked FOR the Reds for the first part of the 2000 campaign. I would get ripped constantly for being diehard Cardinal! Of course, I had the weapon of 9 World Championships, to Cincinnati's 9 APPEARANCES to use. Then, naturally, when the Cardinals went on their current decade-long winning streak, the "good natured" ribbing became jealous rage, but I still find most to have fun with it still.
I think it's because....  
#15 | 1761 days ago

(Edited by cubsgirl)
BDV4U wrote:
That's like me. I moved to Cincinnati at the end of the 1999 season and even worked FOR the Reds for the first part of the 2000 campaign. I would get ripped constantly for being diehard Cardinal! Of course, I had the weapon of 9 World Championships, to Cincinnati's 9 APPEARANCES to use. Then, naturally, when the Cardinals went on their current decade-long winning streak, the "good natured" ribbing became jealous rage, but I still find most to have fun with it still.
Well Springfield is about 35 miles away, and they have the aa cardinals team. And I love double a ball, so I go quite often 8 dollars a ticket, players out in front meeting people signing programs you know how it used to be. Sorry back to my point, but when I go i'm in all my Cubs clothes and pink Cubs ball cap routing fot the Tulsa drillers.lol
#16 | 1761 days ago

typical Cubs response
You mean they haven't won  
#17 | 1761 days ago

cubsgirl wrote:
Well Springfield is about 35 miles away, and they have the aa cardinals team. And I love double a ball, so I go quite often 8 dollars a ticket, players out in front meeting people signing programs you know how it used to be. Sorry back to my point, but when I go i'm in all my Cubs clothes and pink Cubs ball cap routing fot the Tulsa drillers.lol
you know how to have fun at ANY game my dear, clap,clap to you my friend !!!!!!!!!!
#18 | 1761 days ago

Michael_G wrote:
typical Cubs response
I did not will not in a race, I will not can not Cards I chase, you get the picture,,,And I'm a GIANTS fan!!!
You mean they haven't won  
#19 | 1761 days ago

Holy Quintuple post Batman!

*Fixed
I think it's because....  
#20 | 1761 days ago

Chief_aka_James wrote:
Holy Quintuple post Batman!

*Fixed
Lmao, thank you man that was embarrassing.
#21 | 1761 days ago
jasonwrites (+)

It's proof that money alone does not buy championships. Even the mighty Yankees went eight years without one this decade.
I think it's because....  
#22 | 1761 days ago

jasonwrites wrote:
It's proof that money alone does not buy championships. Even the mighty Yankees went eight years without one this decade.
But...  What the Yankees money did was put them in a position to win one EVERY year this decade.  Make enough rolls of the dice and eventually your lucky "7" will come up.  The low revenue teams get zero or 1 dice roll.  The more spendy teams get a few more rolls.... And the Yankees get more rolls than anyone else.

Cubs fans...  If your team keeps spending you will get more dice rolls and eventually you will get your elusive title.
Other  
#23 | 1761 days ago

ML31 wrote:
But...  What the Yankees money did was put them in a position to win one EVERY year this decade.  Make enough rolls of the dice and eventually your lucky "7" will come up.  The low revenue teams get zero or 1 dice roll.  The more spendy teams get a few more rolls.... And the Yankees get more rolls than anyone else.

Cubs fans...  If your team keeps spending you will get more dice rolls and eventually you will get your elusive title.

Amen!

#24 | 1761 days ago
Sherry63 (+)

lol
#25 | 1760 days ago
BDV4U (+)

cubsgirl wrote:
Well Springfield is about 35 miles away, and they have the aa cardinals team. And I love double a ball, so I go quite often 8 dollars a ticket, players out in front meeting people signing programs you know how it used to be. Sorry back to my point, but when I go i'm in all my Cubs clothes and pink Cubs ball cap routing fot the Tulsa drillers.lol
We have a collegiate wooden-bat team on the west side of Cincinnati and the Florence Freedom are just across the river in Kentucky. Yes, going to a Steam game is better than going to a Reds game! They have a program called Field of Dreams, where youth baseball players from 3 to 14 get introduced and take the field with the future Major Leaguers for the National Anthem. The kids get autographs or their picture taken with the college stars. After the game, the kids can go back down and get more pictures and autographs - even with the visiting team!
I think it's because....  

Post a Comment   Already a user? Sign in here
Join FanIQ - It's Free
FanIQ is the ultimate free community for sports fans.
Talk sports with fans from all over - 1,649,417+ Comments
Track your game picks - 38,670,182,382+ Sports Predictions
Prove you know sports - 116,275+ Trivia Questions
Find fans of your teams - 11,453,110+ New Friends
MLB*Chasing Joe D*The FanIQ Hitting Streak**10/1**N.L Wildcard
Asked by Michael_G | MLB, PIT, SF | 3 questions asked 09/28/14
42 predictions | 1 comment | Last by cubfanbudman | 3 hours left
MLB*Chasing Joe D*The FanIQ Hitting Streak**10/2**Tigers @ Orioles
Asked by Michael_G | MLB, PIT, SF | 3 questions asked 09/28/14
36 predictions | Last by hclcdestin
Who are your heroes among zeroes (0/00)?
Asked by hclcdestin | MLB, FanIQ | 3 questions asked 08/03/14
15 opinions | 3 comments | Last by obearlarry
Who's #1 among number ones?
Asked by hclcdestin | MLB | 3 questions asked 08/04/14
15 opinions | 1 comment | Last by Burrellfan1