FanIQ Blog

"60% of the time
we're smarter than
the experts every time."

Tip your editor
BlogTips@FanIQ.com
- or -













Skip to Next Poll »

Gold Cup Final Thread - United States vs. Mexico - And you thought last time was unfriendly

by Jon Jon 6/24/0767 Comment Comments »


Yes, we've used that video before, and no, I don't care. You'll undoubtedly see it again. There's nothing better than "Welcome to the Jungle" and some highlights from previous meetings between the United States and Mexico to get you ready for today's Gold Cup Final between the two teams.

This is the final matchup that everyone hoped we would have when the Gold Cup began a couple of weeks ago. While the United States has had a reasonably easy time making the final, save for some tense moments at the end of the semifinal against Canada, Mexico lost to Honduras in the Group stage and had to settle for 2nd. They faced Guadeloupe in the semifinal, a country not even recognized by FIFA, and won 1-0 on a goal in the 69th minute. If Mexico doesn't treat the United States like a real country today, they will be in for another long match. Unfortunately for the American side, they will be playing without Frankie Hejduk and Michael Bradley due to card suspensions.

If anyone else has Fox Soccer Channel or whatever Spanish channel is broadcasting the match (Univision, I beileve), I hope you'll join me in the thread. Kick-off is at 3pm Eastern, and I will be posting updates throughout as the United States will try to put Mexico in their place once again and secure a spot in the 2009 Confederations Cup in South Africa.

My prediction: 2-0 United States, of course. That was my prediction before the tournament started, and I see no reason to change that now.

 

On a side note, congratulations to DaMarcus Beasley on his forthcoming transfer to Rangers. I'm very excited to have an American playing for one of my favorite teams once again, following in the footsteps of Claudio Reyna who played for the Scottish club a few years ago. Hopefully, he can help the Glasgow club return to their rightful position at the top of the league.

In case the first video wasn't enough for you, the video below has highlights from the last time the United States faced Mexico. The U.S. won that "friendly" matchup 2-0 at University of Phoenix Stadium.


Read Related:  Soccer

4
United States vs. Mexico - Gold Cup Final - 6/24/07- Match Poll (Edited 06/24/07 12:09AM by Jon)
Read the Article: Gold Cup Final Thread - United States vs. Mexico - And you thought last time was unfriendly

Make predictions about the Gold Cup Final between the United States and Mexico on June 24, 2007


 

United States vs. Mexico - Gold Cup Final - 6/24/07- Match Poll <span style="font-size:12px;">(Edited 06/24/07 12:09AM by Jon)</span> Photo

Scored by barmarjeff on 06/24/07 at 07:32AM | Closed on 06/24/07 at 03:00PM
FanIQ Pts? 8 | Soccer, USA, Mexico | Multiple Choice Prediction Poll
Team Breakout:
Correct Answer24 Fans 
  1. Who will win the match? (3 points)
Correct71%a. United States in regulation time
13%b. United States in extra time or penalties
13%c. Mexico in regulation time
4%d. Mexico in extra time or penalties
  2. How many goals will be scored by the United States? (2 points)
0%a. 0
25%b. 1
Correct46%c. 2
29%d. 3
0%e. 4+
  3. How many goals will be scored by Mexico? (2 points)
21%a. 0
Correct54%b. 1
25%c. 2
0%d. 3
0%e. 4+
  4. Which team receives more yellow cards? (2 points)
Correct21%a. United States
71%b. Mexico
8%c. Tie
  5. Which team takes more corner kicks? (2 points)
75%a. United States
Correct21%b. Mexico
4%c. Tie
  6. Will any player receive a red card? (2 points)
25%a. Yes
Correct75%b. No
  7. Which team is called offside the most? (2 points)
58%a. United States
Correct42%b. Mexico
0%c. Tie
  8. Which team's goalkeeper has more saves? (2 points)
50%a. United States
Correct50%b. Mexico
0%c. Tie
  Tiebreaker: In what minute of the match is the first substitution made?
Correct 40

 &nbp;
TOP COMMENT * * * * * * * * * * * *
#35 | 2490 days ago

1. United States in regulation time  2. 2  3. 0  4. Mexico  5. United States  6. No  7. Mexico  8. Mexico  
  
77 Comments | Sorted by Most Recent First | Red = You Disagreed
Vote for your favorite comments. Fans decide the Top Comment (3+ votes) and also hide poor quality comments (4+ votes).
#1 | 2490 days ago

US beat Brazil 2-0, im sure they can take on the "Mehicans"
1. United States in regulation time  2. 3  3. 0  4. United States  5. United States  6. No  7. United States  8. Mexico  
#2 | 2490 days ago

We need to win to continue our dominance over Mexico.  1) Winner gets invite to 2009 Confederations Cup in South Africa, which will be a great World Cup warm up.  2)  Beating Mexico here combined with solid CONCACAF qualifying means US may get the #1 seed over Mexico when World Cup seedings are handed out.  We have got to get that #1 seed to get into a group where we are no worse than the #2 team, so we can advance into the final 16, and beyond.
1. United States in regulation time  2. 1  3. 0  4. United States  5. Mexico  6. No  7. United States  8. United States  
#3 | 2490 days ago

gahorn wrote:
We need to win to continue our dominance over Mexico.  1) Winner gets invite to 2009 Confederations Cup in South Africa, which will be a great World Cup warm up.  2)  Beating Mexico here combined with solid CONCACAF qualifying means US may get the #1 seed over Mexico when World Cup seedings are handed out.  We have got to get that #1 seed to get into a group where we are no worse than the #2 team, so we can advance into the final 16, and beyond.
Yes, that #1 World Cup seed would be huge. If our groups had been switched last time around, we would have had a much easier time of advancing, and Mexico would have been in the Group of Death.
1. United States in regulation time  2. 2  3. 0  4. Mexico  5. United States  6. No  7. Mexico  8. Mexico  
#4 | 2490 days ago
chelseausa (+)

to add to gahorns reasons for needing to beat suxico -

 

3) their fans and team have no class and sending them home losers again would be priceless. 

#5 | 2490 days ago
Ali (+)

Of course, I am stating the obvious, but that crowd is very green....

1. United States in regulation time  2. 2  3. 1  4. Mexico  5. United States  6. Yes  7. Mexico  8. Mexico  
#6 | 2490 days ago

Ouch - that looks pretty painful for Borgetti. Too bad for Mexico if he can't go on
1. United States in regulation time  2. 2  3. 0  4. Mexico  5. United States  6. No  7. Mexico  8. Mexico  
#7 | 2490 days ago

What a shot by Dempsey - too bad Dirty Sanchez was there to tip it over.
1. United States in regulation time  2. 2  3. 0  4. Mexico  5. United States  6. No  7. Mexico  8. Mexico  
#8 | 2490 days ago
Ali (+)

CRAPPPPPPPP!

1. United States in regulation time  2. 2  3. 1  4. Mexico  5. United States  6. Yes  7. Mexico  8. Mexico  
#9 | 2490 days ago

Terrible defending on that one. Where was everyone? 1-0 Mexico.
1. United States in regulation time  2. 2  3. 0  4. Mexico  5. United States  6. No  7. Mexico  8. Mexico  
#10 | 2490 days ago

PENALTY!
1. United States in regulation time  2. 2  3. 0  4. Mexico  5. United States  6. No  7. Mexico  8. Mexico  
#11 | 2490 days ago

GOAL! DONOVAN!
1. United States in regulation time  2. 2  3. 0  4. Mexico  5. United States  6. No  7. Mexico  8. Mexico  
#12 | 2490 days ago
Ali (+)

YESSSS!!!! GOOOOOAAAAALLLLL!
1. United States in regulation time  2. 2  3. 1  4. Mexico  5. United States  6. Yes  7. Mexico  8. Mexico  
#13 | 2490 days ago

YES! 2-1 USA!
1. United States in regulation time  2. 2  3. 0  4. Mexico  5. United States  6. No  7. Mexico  8. Mexico  
#14 | 2490 days ago

OHHHHH.... off the woodwork. That would have sealed it.
1. United States in regulation time  2. 2  3. 0  4. Mexico  5. United States  6. No  7. Mexico  8. Mexico  
#15 | 2490 days ago
Ali (+)

No doubt- the game has certainly changed in the last few minutes...what I love about soccer...
1. United States in regulation time  2. 2  3. 1  4. Mexico  5. United States  6. Yes  7. Mexico  8. Mexico  
#16 | 2490 days ago
chelseausa (+)

how do you miss an open net beaser???

#17 | 2490 days ago

Howard with the huge save, then the 2 on 1 the other way, Beasley hits the crossbar - this has been an exciting 2nd half.
1. United States in regulation time  2. 2  3. 0  4. Mexico  5. United States  6. No  7. Mexico  8. Mexico  
#18 | 2490 days ago
chelseausa (+)

GO HOME LOSERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#19 | 2490 days ago

WE WIN!

You only win at Azteca, you only win at Azteca...
1. United States in regulation time  2. 2  3. 0  4. Mexico  5. United States  6. No  7. Mexico  8. Mexico  
#20 | 2490 days ago

WooooooooooHooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

 

USA USA USA

#21 | 2490 days ago

I would love to know what is actually going on right now - these announcers are chatting away about absolutely nothing while paramedics appear to be attending to someone on the Mexican side and trophies are being handed out for who knows what. It's as if they aren't even in the stadium or watching the video.
1. United States in regulation time  2. 2  3. 0  4. Mexico  5. United States  6. No  7. Mexico  8. Mexico  
#22 | 2490 days ago

Finally, they say it's Guardado after that head-to-head hit with Spector. I can't believe he went back into play, finished the game, and now is being taken off on a backboard with a neck brace on.
1. United States in regulation time  2. 2  3. 0  4. Mexico  5. United States  6. No  7. Mexico  8. Mexico  
#23 | 2490 days ago

Jon wrote:
Howard with the huge save, then the 2 on 1 the other way, Beasley hits the crossbar - this has been an exciting 2nd half.
That save was very huge. I thought for sure they were gonna score there, but what was Beasley thinking with the wide open net? That ball only needed a gentle tap to ice the game. Lot of action in the 2nd half, very exciting game.
#24 | 2490 days ago

Am I the only one that was irritated at having to watch this game on a spanish speaking channel? Not even ESPN2 could take this one? Not only could I only understand very little of what was said, but I don't get that channel in HD.
#25 | 2490 days ago

desertrat wrote:
Am I the only one that was irritated at having to watch this game on a spanish speaking channel? Not even ESPN2 could take this one? Not only could I only understand very little of what was said, but I don't get that channel in HD.
I take it you don't get Fox Soccer Channel? That's where I watched it.
1. United States in regulation time  2. 2  3. 0  4. Mexico  5. United States  6. No  7. Mexico  8. Mexico  
#26 | 2490 days ago
Ali (+)

(Edited by Ali)

oops, I posted twice...

1. United States in regulation time  2. 2  3. 1  4. Mexico  5. United States  6. Yes  7. Mexico  8. Mexico  
#27 | 2490 days ago
Ali (+)

Ok, I am a fan of Hejduk, but come on, the man did not even play today, and he has his shirt off..? 

 

It was a well deserved win!  Howard was awesome.

1. United States in regulation time  2. 2  3. 1  4. Mexico  5. United States  6. Yes  7. Mexico  8. Mexico  
#28 | 2490 days ago

Jon wrote:
I take it you don't get Fox Soccer Channel? That's where I watched it.
It's on comcast but I didn't pay for that package apparently. All I can say on that is that the comcast rep lied to me, because he told me I'd get that channel along with ESPN-U and CSTV, but I don't get any of those channels and he denied ever telling me I would. As soon as dish adds all the HD channels they are advertising, comcast will be nothing more than a bad memory.
#29 | 2490 days ago

gahorn wrote:
We need to win to continue our dominance over Mexico.  1) Winner gets invite to 2009 Confederations Cup in South Africa, which will be a great World Cup warm up.  2)  Beating Mexico here combined with solid CONCACAF qualifying means US may get the #1 seed over Mexico when World Cup seedings are handed out.  We have got to get that #1 seed to get into a group where we are no worse than the #2 team, so we can advance into the final 16, and beyond.
U.S. cant get the number 1 seed for the World Cup like this . Dont you guys know about soccer???The teams from Concacaf have to eliminate each other first. Only 3 teams from North America,Central America, or the Caribbean get to go.It doesnt matter who gets the first seed. What matters is what group the team is in. Congratulations on going to the Confederation cup which is a mini world cup.
#30 | 2490 days ago

Now we have a far tougher game looming in Argentina. Do we have any chance of winning down there?
#31 | 2490 days ago

vickusc wrote:
U.S. cant get the number 1 seed for the World Cup like this . Dont you guys know about soccer???The teams from Concacaf have to eliminate each other first. Only 3 teams from North America,Central America, or the Caribbean get to go.It doesnt matter who gets the first seed. What matters is what group the team is in. Congratulations on going to the Confederation cup which is a mini world cup.
This will help boost our world ranking, which gives us a much better chance of getting a top seed. We're assuming that the U.S. qualifies, of course.

Once everyone has qualified (which is pretty much a guarantee for the U.S., though they can't take it for granted), FIFA selects 8 #1 seeds to head up each group. It is very important to be one of these top 8, because that means that you won't be stuck in a group with any of those teams. Last time out, it was based on performance in the past 2 World Cups as well as World Rankings. We just missed out - we were in 9th. Who knows what they will use next time around. Being the top CONCACAF team during World Cup qualifying doesn't necessarily mean you get to be a seed, but that of course helps a team in the world rankings.
1. United States in regulation time  2. 2  3. 0  4. Mexico  5. United States  6. No  7. Mexico  8. Mexico  
#32 | 2490 days ago
chelseausa (+)

yeah...its nice to have FSC
#33 | 2490 days ago
chelseausa (+)

Ali wrote:

Ok, I am a fan of Hejduk, but come on, the man did not even play today, and he has his shirt off..? 

 

It was a well deserved win!  Howard was awesome.

maybe hes looking for some right guard endorsements?

 

in response to your "shout out" (it takes a long time to go back and forth)...they were showing a beckham special after the game here...and i dont know about everyone else, but i know MY season starts august 11 v birmingham!!! 

#34 | 2490 days ago
Ali (+)

chelseausa wrote:

maybe hes looking for some right guard endorsements?

 

in response to your "shout out" (it takes a long time to go back and forth)...they were showing a beckham special after the game here...and i dont know about everyone else, but i know MY season starts august 11 v birmingham!!! 

Perhaps....

 

The show on ManU was on after Becks...I'll start the countdown to August 11 here...48 days from tomorrow!!! (if I counted right) 

1. United States in regulation time  2. 2  3. 1  4. Mexico  5. United States  6. Yes  7. Mexico  8. Mexico  
#35 | 2490 days ago

1. United States in regulation time  2. 2  3. 0  4. Mexico  5. United States  6. No  7. Mexico  8. Mexico  
#36 | 2490 days ago
Ali (+)

Thanks for the picture!
1. United States in regulation time  2. 2  3. 1  4. Mexico  5. United States  6. Yes  7. Mexico  8. Mexico  
#37 | 2490 days ago

Jon wrote:
This will help boost our world ranking, which gives us a much better chance of getting a top seed. We're assuming that the U.S. qualifies, of course.

Once everyone has qualified (which is pretty much a guarantee for the U.S., though they can't take it for granted), FIFA selects 8 #1 seeds to head up each group. It is very important to be one of these top 8, because that means that you won't be stuck in a group with any of those teams. Last time out, it was based on performance in the past 2 World Cups as well as World Rankings. We just missed out - we were in 9th. Who knows what they will use next time around. Being the top CONCACAF team during World Cup qualifying doesn't necessarily mean you get to be a seed, but that of course helps a team in the world rankings.
The teams have to eliminate each in order to go to the world cup. Great game by both teams. I doubt U.S. will win against Argentina, but u never know. Mexico has Brazil which for sure will be an exiciting game to watch.
#38 | 2489 days ago

vickusc wrote:
The teams have to eliminate each in order to go to the world cup. Great game by both teams. I doubt U.S. will win against Argentina, but u never know. Mexico has Brazil which for sure will be an exiciting game to watch.

I think you are missing Jon and my point.  The US and Mexico do not have to eliminate each other to both qualify for the world cup.  Did you see the WC in 2006, 2002, 1998, 1994 and so on and so forth, where both US and Mexico were in the World Cup?  Top 3 teams from CONCACAF will qualify and it will take multiple acts of God to keep US and Mexico from being 2 of those 3 teams.  Our point is that, at most, only 1 CONCACAF team can get a top seed (ensuring easiest draw at the WC), and we need FIFA to think of the US as the dominant team in CONCACAF.  The more separation we get form Mexico, the better our WC seeding is and the easier our draw.  As for the upcoming Copa America matches, I wish the US could add Donovan and Beasley on the wings to the otheriwse inexperienced team  we are taking there.  I'm pumped to see Ricardo Clark and Feilhaber in central midfield together after that 2nd half against Mexico, but I just wish they were getting more help on the wings and up top with an established goal scorer.  Of course, if Feilhaber can make it rain from 20 yards out, that's fine with me.  In the end, we have to be realistic because Argentina is taking their WC team to Copa and we're taking our B team.

1. United States in regulation time  2. 1  3. 0  4. United States  5. Mexico  6. No  7. United States  8. United States  
#39 | 2489 days ago

By the way, did I say MEXICO SUCKS!  Well, I did now.  Shutting up their fans is really a lot of fun.  Watching Hugo Sanchez go from hero to zero in the second half made my week.  He got thoroughly outcoached by Bradley on the halftime adjustments. Couldn't happen to a nice guy :)
1. United States in regulation time  2. 1  3. 0  4. United States  5. Mexico  6. No  7. United States  8. United States  
#40 | 2489 days ago

gahorn wrote:
By the way, did I say MEXICO SUCKS!  Well, I did now.  Shutting up their fans is really a lot of fun.  Watching Hugo Sanchez go from hero to zero in the second half made my week.  He got thoroughly outcoached by Bradley on the halftime adjustments. Couldn't happen to a nice guy :)
You must not know about soccer. Mexico doesnt suck. They played better than the U.S. in most of the game. You have to admit that.
 
U.S. won the game, but did not play like they did against the other teams. Hugo Sanchez did promise a championship, but was not successful at it. Dont forget he's only been coaching the team for less time than Bradley has.  He did not get outcoached by Bradley in any way. U.S. is really good at counter-attacks. Their second goal was luck and you know Im not lying. That shot was impressive and there was no way Mexico's or any other goalie was going to get that. Im surprised Mexico played that well because the players dont know each other as well as the U.S. team know their teammates.
#41 | 2489 days ago

vickusc wrote:
You must not know about soccer. Mexico doesnt suck. They played better than the U.S. in most of the game. You have to admit that.
 
U.S. won the game, but did not play like they did against the other teams. Hugo Sanchez did promise a championship, but was not successful at it. Dont forget he's only been coaching the team for less time than Bradley has.  He did not get outcoached by Bradley in any way. U.S. is really good at counter-attacks. Their second goal was luck and you know Im not lying. That shot was impressive and there was no way Mexico's or any other goalie was going to get that. Im surprised Mexico played that well because the players dont know each other as well as the U.S. team know their teammates.
While that 2nd goal may have been luck, Beasley's missed goal with an empty net was even luckier for Mexico.
#42 | 2489 days ago

gahorn wrote:

I think you are missing Jon and my point.  The US and Mexico do not have to eliminate each other to both qualify for the world cup.  Did you see the WC in 2006, 2002, 1998, 1994 and so on and so forth, where both US and Mexico were in the World Cup?  Top 3 teams from CONCACAF will qualify and it will take multiple acts of God to keep US and Mexico from being 2 of those 3 teams.  Our point is that, at most, only 1 CONCACAF team can get a top seed (ensuring easiest draw at the WC), and we need FIFA to think of the US as the dominant team in CONCACAF.  The more separation we get form Mexico, the better our WC seeding is and the easier our draw.  As for the upcoming Copa America matches, I wish the US could add Donovan and Beasley on the wings to the otheriwse inexperienced team  we are taking there.  I'm pumped to see Ricardo Clark and Feilhaber in central midfield together after that 2nd half against Mexico, but I just wish they were getting more help on the wings and up top with an established goal scorer.  Of course, if Feilhaber can make it rain from 20 yards out, that's fine with me.  In the end, we have to be realistic because Argentina is taking their WC team to Copa and we're taking our B team.

Oh I get what you're saying. I'm sure either way Mexico and U.S. will get 1 or 2
#43 | 2489 days ago

desertrat wrote:
While that 2nd goal may have been luck, Beasley's missed goal with an empty net was even luckier for Mexico.
Beasley's missed goal was just sad and lucky to the Mexican squad.
#44 | 2489 days ago

vickusc wrote:
You must not know about soccer. Mexico doesnt suck. They played better than the U.S. in most of the game. You have to admit that.
 
U.S. won the game, but did not play like they did against the other teams. Hugo Sanchez did promise a championship, but was not successful at it. Dont forget he's only been coaching the team for less time than Bradley has.  He did not get outcoached by Bradley in any way. U.S. is really good at counter-attacks. Their second goal was luck and you know Im not lying. That shot was impressive and there was no way Mexico's or any other goalie was going to get that. Im surprised Mexico played that well because the players dont know each other as well as the U.S. team know their teammates.

You, my friend, are a Mexican apologist.  A Mexican homer!  And Mexico still sucks!  You'r new nickname is "Mex." 

 

Mexico sucks because soccer is all that poor country cares about.  Mexico is arrogant about it.  Mexico is unsportsmanlike.  Do you endorse Mexico's longstanding refusal to exchange jerseys with the US players after a game?  Please, Mex, say you're not so unsportsmanlike. 

 

And here, where soccer is not even a top-4 sport, we still take care of Mexico every time they come north of the border.  Did you see the second round of the WC in 2002 when we broke Mexico's collective nationalist heart 2-0 in S. Korea.  How'd it feel, Mex?  You were probably in grade school so it might not have hurt that bad to you, Mex.  I hope that's the case, for your sake.

 

Mark my words, Bradley owns Sanchez.  He's 2-0 H2H.  Both got their gigs this year, so I see no merit to the Mex argument that Sanchez is "newer."  Sanchez has coached and player soccer his whole life.  He coaches Pumas in the Mexican league for years.  He has begged anyone who would listen to coach your national team, Mex.  He has promised to defeat the USA, and you defend him after Mexico melted down in the 2nd half and blew a lead in front of 50,000 screaming Mexicans?  That's priceless, Mex.  (Mex, I hate to tell you this, but FIFA doesn't think much of Sanchezz either.  Have you seen Mexico's recent dive in the world rankings?  Down from 5th in 2005 to 26th best in the world.  That's not good Mex.)

 

Bradley took out Mastroeni and replaced him with Clark.  Clark immediately energized the US coming out in the second half.  That momentum got the US going and took over the game.  Then, Bradley put in Twellman for Dempsey.  Again, the US fed off Twellman and out-possessed Mexico for long stretches when Mexico needed to try and get the second goal.  The only thing Bradley didn't do to Sanchez in that second half was walk out on the field and kick the ball in the net for Beasley on the breakaway to make the final 3-1.  You tell me one move Sanchez made that remotely compared to the two subs Bradley made, Mex.

 

And don't bring that weak-a$$ Mexican apology about how thye Mexican team isn't cohesive like the Americans.  If you knew about soccer you'd know this US team was changing lineups left and right all Gold Cup long.  Bradley and Heyduk sat out yesterday due to accumulated red cards.  4 of our starting  11 yesterday had not started in the semis against Canada.  Meanwhile, Mexico brought all the big guns out for this game -- Pardo, Guardado, Castillo, Marquez, O. Sanchez, Blanco  -- it was the best team Mexico can put on the field.  That must have hurt to watch, Mex, if you are not for the red white and blue. 

 

You called Feilhaber's goal lucky ... impressive ... no way any  other goalie was going to get that.  In soccer, that's called a world class finish.  Feilhaber is clutch and will start for the US in WC 2010.  If you were more familiar with him, you might not think it was so much luck as skill.  He plays for Hamburg in the Bundesliga.  How may Mexican's play in the Bundesliga currently?  0.  Gotcha there too, Mex.

 

This just in:  Mexico still SUX.

1. United States in regulation time  2. 1  3. 0  4. United States  5. Mexico  6. No  7. United States  8. United States  
#45 | 2489 days ago

gahorn wrote:

You, my friend, are a Mexican apologist.  A Mexican homer!  And Mexico still sucks!  You'r new nickname is "Mex." 

 

Mexico sucks because soccer is all that poor country cares about.  Mexico is arrogant about it.  Mexico is unsportsmanlike.  Do you endorse Mexico's longstanding refusal to exchange jerseys with the US players after a game?  Please, Mex, say you're not so unsportsmanlike. 

 

And here, where soccer is not even a top-4 sport, we still take care of Mexico every time they come north of the border.  Did you see the second round of the WC in 2002 when we broke Mexico's collective nationalist heart 2-0 in S. Korea.  How'd it feel, Mex?  You were probably in grade school so it might not have hurt that bad to you, Mex.  I hope that's the case, for your sake.

 

Mark my words, Bradley owns Sanchez.  He's 2-0 H2H.  Both got their gigs this year, so I see no merit to the Mex argument that Sanchez is "newer."  Sanchez has coached and player soccer his whole life.  He coaches Pumas in the Mexican league for years.  He has begged anyone who would listen to coach your national team, Mex.  He has promised to defeat the USA, and you defend him after Mexico melted down in the 2nd half and blew a lead in front of 50,000 screaming Mexicans?  That's priceless, Mex.  (Mex, I hate to tell you this, but FIFA doesn't think much of Sanchezz either.  Have you seen Mexico's recent dive in the world rankings?  Down from 5th in 2005 to 26th best in the world.  That's not good Mex.)

 

Bradley took out Mastroeni and replaced him with Clark.  Clark immediately energized the US coming out in the second half.  That momentum got the US going and took over the game.  Then, Bradley put in Twellman for Dempsey.  Again, the US fed off Twellman and out-possessed Mexico for long stretches when Mexico needed to try and get the second goal.  The only thing Bradley didn't do to Sanchez in that second half was walk out on the field and kick the ball in the net for Beasley on the breakaway to make the final 3-1.  You tell me one move Sanchez made that remotely compared to the two subs Bradley made, Mex.

 

And don't bring that weak-a$$ Mexican apology about how thye Mexican team isn't cohesive like the Americans.  If you knew about soccer you'd know this US team was changing lineups left and right all Gold Cup long.  Bradley and Heyduk sat out yesterday due to accumulated red cards.  4 of our starting  11 yesterday had not started in the semis against Canada.  Meanwhile, Mexico brought all the big guns out for this game -- Pardo, Guardado, Castillo, Marquez, O. Sanchez, Blanco  -- it was the best team Mexico can put on the field.  That must have hurt to watch, Mex, if you are not for the red white and blue. 

 

You called Feilhaber's goal lucky ... impressive ... no way any  other goalie was going to get that.  In soccer, that's called a world class finish.  Feilhaber is clutch and will start for the US in WC 2010.  If you were more familiar with him, you might not think it was so much luck as skill.  He plays for Hamburg in the Bundesliga.  How may Mexican's play in the Bundesliga currently?  0.  Gotcha there too, Mex.

 

This just in:  Mexico still SUX.

Wow, a little harsh here. I personally root against Mexico in every sport ever since I saw the huge crowd at the world baseball championships in Anaheim last year, waving the Mexican flag and booing the US team while we were playing Japan! We weren't even playing Mexico and that really ticked me off. I used to only root against them when we played them, now I always root against them.

#46 | 2488 days ago

desertrat wrote:

Wow, a little harsh here. I personally root against Mexico in every sport ever since I saw the huge crowd at the world baseball championships in Anaheim last year, waving the Mexican flag and booing the US team while we were playing Japan! We weren't even playing Mexico and that really ticked me off. I used to only root against them when we played them, now I always root against them.

That's the one issue I have. I understand if people cheer for Mexico no matter what, if that's the country they identify with the most, but I'd like to see some of the people who are soccer fans come out and support the United States when we play other countries.

At the same time, we're such big rivals that I understand that it would be hard to cheer for us.
1. United States in regulation time  2. 2  3. 0  4. Mexico  5. United States  6. No  7. Mexico  8. Mexico  
#47 | 2488 days ago

gahorn wrote:

You, my friend, are a Mexican apologist.  A Mexican homer!  And Mexico still sucks!  You'r new nickname is "Mex." 

 

Mexico sucks because soccer is all that poor country cares about.  Mexico is arrogant about it.  Mexico is unsportsmanlike.  Do you endorse Mexico's longstanding refusal to exchange jerseys with the US players after a game?  Please, Mex, say you're not so unsportsmanlike. 

 

And here, where soccer is not even a top-4 sport, we still take care of Mexico every time they come north of the border.  Did you see the second round of the WC in 2002 when we broke Mexico's collective nationalist heart 2-0 in S. Korea.  How'd it feel, Mex?  You were probably in grade school so it might not have hurt that bad to you, Mex.  I hope that's the case, for your sake.

 

Mark my words, Bradley owns Sanchez.  He's 2-0 H2H.  Both got their gigs this year, so I see no merit to the Mex argument that Sanchez is "newer."  Sanchez has coached and player soccer his whole life.  He coaches Pumas in the Mexican league for years.  He has begged anyone who would listen to coach your national team, Mex.  He has promised to defeat the USA, and you defend him after Mexico melted down in the 2nd half and blew a lead in front of 50,000 screaming Mexicans?  That's priceless, Mex.  (Mex, I hate to tell you this, but FIFA doesn't think much of Sanchezz either.  Have you seen Mexico's recent dive in the world rankings?  Down from 5th in 2005 to 26th best in the world.  That's not good Mex.)

 

Bradley took out Mastroeni and replaced him with Clark.  Clark immediately energized the US coming out in the second half.  That momentum got the US going and took over the game.  Then, Bradley put in Twellman for Dempsey.  Again, the US fed off Twellman and out-possessed Mexico for long stretches when Mexico needed to try and get the second goal.  The only thing Bradley didn't do to Sanchez in that second half was walk out on the field and kick the ball in the net for Beasley on the breakaway to make the final 3-1.  You tell me one move Sanchez made that remotely compared to the two subs Bradley made, Mex.

 

And don't bring that weak-a$$ Mexican apology about how thye Mexican team isn't cohesive like the Americans.  If you knew about soccer you'd know this US team was changing lineups left and right all Gold Cup long.  Bradley and Heyduk sat out yesterday due to accumulated red cards.  4 of our starting  11 yesterday had not started in the semis against Canada.  Meanwhile, Mexico brought all the big guns out for this game -- Pardo, Guardado, Castillo, Marquez, O. Sanchez, Blanco  -- it was the best team Mexico can put on the field.  That must have hurt to watch, Mex, if you are not for the red white and blue. 

 

You called Feilhaber's goal lucky ... impressive ... no way any  other goalie was going to get that.  In soccer, that's called a world class finish.  Feilhaber is clutch and will start for the US in WC 2010.  If you were more familiar with him, you might not think it was so much luck as skill.  He plays for Hamburg in the Bundesliga.  How may Mexican's play in the Bundesliga currently?  0.  Gotcha there too, Mex.

 

This just in:  Mexico still SUX.

You calling Mexico a poor country. Man I bet you never visited that place. Sanchez couldnt make any moves because of Borgetti's injury you idiot.

Thats not the best team Mexico could put on the field. Mexico changed lineups a lot too. U.S. had no idea who Nery Castillo was. This guy made U.S. defense his bitch the whole game.

You're wrong man. Ricardo Osorio and Pavel Pardo both play for Stuttgart in the bundesliga. Oh yeah they're defending champs too.
Now Carlos Salcido plays for PSV Eindhoven. Did I tell theyre defending champs too. Nery Castillo plays for Olympiacos in Greece and oh yeah theyre champions too. Now Rafael Marquez and Giovanni Dos Santos play for Barcelona who took second.
GOTCHA NOW!!!!!

You could call me whatever you want. I am Mexican American you know. You seem to be getting racial here man. I dont care. Its funny how you probably think you're the boss because you think you know more than a damn 17 year old kid who just finished his junior year in high school.

You may call that world class finish, but everyone knows that no player in that field was expecting that kick. He was there at the right place at the right time. He can kick a ball I admit that. Ive made goals like that when I played varsity soccer. I dont even think you have even touched a ball before.  you're right I dont know much about Feilhaber, but  I'm sure you know nothing about Guardado, Castillo, and Dos Santos.
#48 | 2488 days ago
chelseausa (+)

if mexico and their fans could play the us, in the us and not be the classless boobs they are, then i would like to see more matches v these two teams.  even at the last "friendly" sanchez tried to slide tackle landon after his goal and those idiotic fans were throwing bottles at the us players.  it is that kind of activity that i think most us fans hate to see - IN THE US!  so i think that mexico does suck, for those reasons.  if all these fans love mexico so much that they are willing to bring this hostile environment to our stadiums, they should go back.
#49 | 2488 days ago

chelseausa wrote:
if mexico and their fans could play the us, in the us and not be the classless boobs they are, then i would like to see more matches v these two teams.  even at the last "friendly" sanchez tried to slide tackle landon after his goal and those idiotic fans were throwing bottles at the us players.  it is that kind of activity that i think most us fans hate to see - IN THE US!  so i think that mexico does suck, for those reasons.  if all these fans love mexico so much that they are willing to bring this hostile environment to our stadiums, they should go back.
And those same fans have the nerve to call us racists if we complain about that type of behavior. Who needs em if they're gonna be like that?
#50 | 2488 days ago

im waiting for this game again its gonna be tough
#51 | 2487 days ago

(Edited by )
desertrat wrote:
And those same fans have the nerve to call us racists if we complain about that type of behavior. Who needs em if they're gonna be like that?
why the f do we have to get racial now. damn I was waiting for someone to start this
#52 | 2487 days ago
goblue! (+)

vickusc wrote:
why the f do we have to get racial now. damn I was waiting for someone to start this
ok dude dont need to swear thts how you get kicked the site
#53 | 2487 days ago

(Edited by desertrat)
vickusc wrote:
why the f do we have to get racial now. damn I was waiting for someone to start this
And like I said, here come the racist accusations. It never fails. I suppose you condone the behaviors of the fans of the Mexican team when they threw bottles at US players the last time they played? You really should read the posts that I responded to before you make baseless accusations.
#54 | 2487 days ago
chelseausa (+)

i havent heard any racist allegations from mexican fans, but i may have missed it.  i think  - or at least hope - that their anger towards the us is strictly sports related.  i think its tasteless to throw bottles and act as they have, but what are you going to do?
#55 | 2487 days ago
chelseausa (+)

sillytrista2005 wrote:
im waiting for this game again its gonna be tough
these games are always good and something to look forward to.  us v mexico does not know the meaning of the word "friendly"
#56 | 2487 days ago

vickusc wrote:
You calling Mexico a poor country. Man I bet you never visited that place. Sanchez couldnt make any moves because of Borgetti's injury you idiot.

Thats not the best team Mexico could put on the field. Mexico changed lineups a lot too. U.S. had no idea who Nery Castillo was. This guy made U.S. defense his bitch the whole game.

You're wrong man. Ricardo Osorio and Pavel Pardo both play for Stuttgart in the bundesliga. Oh yeah they're defending champs too.
Now Carlos Salcido plays for PSV Eindhoven. Did I tell theyre defending champs too. Nery Castillo plays for Olympiacos in Greece and oh yeah theyre champions too. Now Rafael Marquez and Giovanni Dos Santos play for Barcelona who took second.
GOTCHA NOW!!!!!

You could call me whatever you want. I am Mexican American you know. You seem to be getting racial here man. I dont care. Its funny how you probably think you're the boss because you think you know more than a damn 17 year old kid who just finished his junior year in high school.

You may call that world class finish, but everyone knows that no player in that field was expecting that kick. He was there at the right place at the right time. He can kick a ball I admit that. Ive made goals like that when I played varsity soccer. I dont even think you have even touched a ball before.  you're right I dont know much about Feilhaber, but  I'm sure you know nothing about Guardado, Castillo, and Dos Santos.

vickusc - chill out.  I didn't mean "poor" in an economic sense.  I mean "poor" as in "poor sports" and the team that lost.

 

You say that's not the best team Mexico can field, but I don't see you mentioning anybody else who should have been on the pitch except perhaps Dos Santos.  He's awfully young still, and untested at the international level.  Sanchez could have put him on the team.  Are you saying Sanchez made a mistake by leaving him off?  (Anyone with 2 eyes can see what a mistake it was for Sanchez not to be playing Castillo more).

 

I'll give your boy Castillo some credit.  If you could get points in soccer for speed dribbling, he'd be all world.

 

Look, Mexico has its fair share of individual talent, there's no denyingt that.  I was aware of Salcido, Marquez, and Castillo.  BTW, they all played Sunday in the loss to USA, right?

 

I had no idea you were Mexican American, and had no intent of getting racial.  I have white friends out here on the east coast who love Mexico and who make these same kinds of apologies for Mexico when it cannot beat the USA in soccer.  I mistakenly figured you for one of them.  No more nicknames and I'm sorry if I offended you.  Not intentional.

 

But if you want to talk soccer and tactics with me, you don't need to use insults like "idiot" or "you must not know about soccer," or "you have never touched a ball before."  That kind of talk is just childish and infammatory.  You may be 17, but that's no excuse for not showing people respect.  When you say things like that, it just reminds me of your favorite Mexican team that refuses to exchange jerseys with USA after the match is over. (In actuality, I have played and coached soccer.)

 

So, while we're on the topic of soccer and tactics, let me say this:  Sanchez should never have started Borgetti.  He should have starteed Bravo.  Borgetti is great in an aerial mismarch, but Onyewu matches up well against him physically and size-wise.  Where Onyewu struggles is when he has to come out against smaller, quick forwards who have pace.  Bravo, Castillo and Guardado, those types.

 

But even with the Borgetti replacement, Sanchez still had 2 substitutions to use, right?  And it was 2 substitutions that Bradley made that made a world of difference for the US in the 2nd half, right?  So what did Sanchez do to help Mexico win the game in the second half?  Not much, if you ask me.

 

In the next FIFA World Rankings, I expect the US to be either 11 or 12.  Mexico will be lucky if they hold their no. 26 position.  With all that talent, how do you explain Mexico's recent slide in international soccer? 

1. United States in regulation time  2. 1  3. 0  4. United States  5. Mexico  6. No  7. United States  8. United States  
#57 | 2487 days ago
chelseausa (+)

gahorn wrote:

vickusc - chill out.  I didn't mean "poor" in an economic sense.  I mean "poor" as in "poor sports" and the team that lost.

 

You say that's not the best team Mexico can field, but I don't see you mentioning anybody else who should have been on the pitch except perhaps Dos Santos.  He's awfully young still, and untested at the international level.  Sanchez could have put him on the team.  Are you saying Sanchez made a mistake by leaving him off?  (Anyone with 2 eyes can see what a mistake it was for Sanchez not to be playing Castillo more).

 

I'll give your boy Castillo some credit.  If you could get points in soccer for speed dribbling, he'd be all world.

 

Look, Mexico has its fair share of individual talent, there's no denyingt that.  I was aware of Salcido, Marquez, and Castillo.  BTW, they all played Sunday in the loss to USA, right?

 

I had no idea you were Mexican American, and had no intent of getting racial.  I have white friends out here on the east coast who love Mexico and who make these same kinds of apologies for Mexico when it cannot beat the USA in soccer.  I mistakenly figured you for one of them.  No more nicknames and I'm sorry if I offended you.  Not intentional.

 

But if you want to talk soccer and tactics with me, you don't need to use insults like "idiot" or "you must not know about soccer," or "you have never touched a ball before."  That kind of talk is just childish and infammatory.  You may be 17, but that's no excuse for not showing people respect.  When you say things like that, it just reminds me of your favorite Mexican team that refuses to exchange jerseys with USA after the match is over. (In actuality, I have played and coached soccer.)

 

So, while we're on the topic of soccer and tactics, let me say this:  Sanchez should never have started Borgetti.  He should have starteed Bravo.  Borgetti is great in an aerial mismarch, but Onyewu matches up well against him physically and size-wise.  Where Onyewu struggles is when he has to come out against smaller, quick forwards who have pace.  Bravo, Castillo and Guardado, those types.

 

But even with the Borgetti replacement, Sanchez still had 2 substitutions to use, right?  And it was 2 substitutions that Bradley made that made a world of difference for the US in the 2nd half, right?  So what did Sanchez do to help Mexico win the game in the second half?  Not much, if you ask me.

 

In the next FIFA World Rankings, I expect the US to be either 11 or 12.  Mexico will be lucky if they hold their no. 26 position.  With all that talent, how do you explain Mexico's recent slide in international soccer? 

great post.  but, unless i misunderstand how the system works, we're all just pretty much americans...no need to preface that with anything (unless you actually claim dual citizenship).
#58 | 2487 days ago

gahorn wrote:

vickusc - chill out.  I didn't mean "poor" in an economic sense.  I mean "poor" as in "poor sports" and the team that lost.

 

You say that's not the best team Mexico can field, but I don't see you mentioning anybody else who should have been on the pitch except perhaps Dos Santos.  He's awfully young still, and untested at the international level.  Sanchez could have put him on the team.  Are you saying Sanchez made a mistake by leaving him off?  (Anyone with 2 eyes can see what a mistake it was for Sanchez not to be playing Castillo more).

 

I'll give your boy Castillo some credit.  If you could get points in soccer for speed dribbling, he'd be all world.

 

Look, Mexico has its fair share of individual talent, there's no denyingt that.  I was aware of Salcido, Marquez, and Castillo.  BTW, they all played Sunday in the loss to USA, right?

 

I had no idea you were Mexican American, and had no intent of getting racial.  I have white friends out here on the east coast who love Mexico and who make these same kinds of apologies for Mexico when it cannot beat the USA in soccer.  I mistakenly figured you for one of them.  No more nicknames and I'm sorry if I offended you.  Not intentional.

 

But if you want to talk soccer and tactics with me, you don't need to use insults like "idiot" or "you must not know about soccer," or "you have never touched a ball before."  That kind of talk is just childish and infammatory.  You may be 17, but that's no excuse for not showing people respect.  When you say things like that, it just reminds me of your favorite Mexican team that refuses to exchange jerseys with USA after the match is over. (In actuality, I have played and coached soccer.)

 

So, while we're on the topic of soccer and tactics, let me say this:  Sanchez should never have started Borgetti.  He should have starteed Bravo.  Borgetti is great in an aerial mismarch, but Onyewu matches up well against him physically and size-wise.  Where Onyewu struggles is when he has to come out against smaller, quick forwards who have pace.  Bravo, Castillo and Guardado, those types.

 

But even with the Borgetti replacement, Sanchez still had 2 substitutions to use, right?  And it was 2 substitutions that Bradley made that made a world of difference for the US in the 2nd half, right?  So what did Sanchez do to help Mexico win the game in the second half?  Not much, if you ask me.

 

In the next FIFA World Rankings, I expect the US to be either 11 or 12.  Mexico will be lucky if they hold their no. 26 position.  With all that talent, how do you explain Mexico's recent slide in international soccer? 

    I apologize for getting too crazy about it. U.S. won the game and theres nothing we can do about it. The team will go up the FIFA rankings for sure. Mexico will stay in the 20s unless they do a good job in the copa America. Mexico did reach the finals which will probably leave them in the same spot. Sanchez made the stupid decision of leaving Alberto Medina who has struggled in the past few games. He should have kept Francisco Fonseca in the lineup. He should have put Adolfo Bautista who played awesome right when they put him in the field in the last 15 minutes of the game.

    Now Mexico plays Brazil who is not that exciting to watch anymore. To tell you the truth I believe Mexico has a greater chance of beating Brazil than the U.S.

Good luck to U.S. because Argentina has their full squad and they will do alot of damage throughout the tournament.
#59 | 2487 days ago

That Brazil-Mexico match is later today, I'm looking forward to it! Anyone making prediction on this one? I like Brazil to win, Mexico will have to play hard for a full 90 minutes to stay in this one.
#60 | 2487 days ago
Ali (+)

Mexico is leading at the half- 2-0....
1. United States in regulation time  2. 2  3. 1  4. Mexico  5. United States  6. Yes  7. Mexico  8. Mexico  
#61 | 2487 days ago

Ali wrote:
Mexico is leading at the half- 2-0....
We must be better than Brazil too then.  :)
1. United States in regulation time  2. 1  3. 0  4. United States  5. Mexico  6. No  7. United States  8. United States  
#62 | 2487 days ago

No worries.  I understand you are passionate for your team.  I casn respect that.  Sounded like Mexico played well today.  Bringing our "b" team to Copa is a real sore spot for me.  I fear the Argentines anf pretty much everybody else we have to play with such inexperience.
1. United States in regulation time  2. 1  3. 0  4. United States  5. Mexico  6. No  7. United States  8. United States  
#63 | 2487 days ago

gahorn wrote:
No worries.  I understand you are passionate for your team.  I casn respect that.  Sounded like Mexico played well today.  Bringing our "b" team to Copa is a real sore spot for me.  I fear the Argentines anf pretty much everybody else we have to play with such inexperience.
I don't like the fact we aren't sending everyone to copa america, but at the same time a lot of younger players will gain some valuable experience in international competition. I'd still ike to see our top guys playing there because it is a very prestigious tournament. With Mexico beating Brazil, if they win a few more games down there, that could erase our win over them when it comes to World Cup seedings.
#64 | 2487 days ago

Mexico won. I was surprised on how different Mexico's squad was. WOW!! that was a big change, but it worked. U.S. vs. Argentina tomorrow. It will be a good one to watch.
#65 | 2486 days ago

vickusc wrote:
Mexico won. I was surprised on how different Mexico's squad was. WOW!! that was a big change, but it worked. U.S. vs. Argentina tomorrow. It will be a good one to watch.
Congrats to your team on the big win. It definitely surprised me. I'm not liking our chances with Argentina, especially without Landon Donovan and Demarcus Beasley. Our team certainly has their work cut out for them.
#66 | 2486 days ago

All true soccer fans know that Brazil had no one there. Im mexican and i know we were going to win the game when i saw the starting lineup for brazil.

#67 | 2486 days ago

There is no way and i mean no way US is beating Argentina especially when they bought their best to play. Messi will do wonders in this tournment. (Messi the next Diego Manadona)
#68 | 2486 days ago

Well thats the thing Gerry. Soccer is sometimes a mismatch sport. I know in varsity soccer, granted its just high school, people thought we were unable to beat our rival and we came out with a 3-0 victory. I'm a little anxious about todays match but I'm also confident in the young/unknown players. Hopefully Team USA can overcome adversity today and prove everybody wrong. Remember it's not always about individual skills. But maybe it's because I'm a positive person... who knows.

 

#69 | 2486 days ago

It doesnt matter who Brazil had. Brazil has so many great players they can probably create like 3-5 national teams and do a great job in a tournament.Mexico has defeated Brazil when they have all their stars. They players they had yesterday are not well known except Robinho, Diego, and Gilberto Silva. Ive never seen the U.S. "b" squad. It will be an interesting game to watch. I still believe Argentina will win, but you never know.
#70 | 2486 days ago

Argentina won 4-1
#71 | 2485 days ago

vickusc wrote:
Argentina won 4-1
gee, thanks for pointing that out.
#72 | 2485 days ago
chelseausa (+)

yeah...but talk about a team that left a lot of talent off the pitch...its been widely discussed how the us team didnt bring some stars.  no one really knows why.
#73 | 2485 days ago

chelseausa wrote:
yeah...but talk about a team that left a lot of talent off the pitch...its been widely discussed how the us team didnt bring some stars.  no one really knows why.
I'm thinking that maybe some people felt it's time for change? I would have rather seen our best players in copa america as well, but they stayed home. One last thought, wasn't Argentina offsides on that last goal?
#74 | 2485 days ago
Ali (+)

From what I understand- and by no means am I a soccer expert, so someone correct me if I am wrong-  but since we have "guest" status at copa america, the clubs do not have to release their players.  This could have influenced the choice of players.  With many players based across the pond who will starting their training for their seasons within the next few weeks, and the MLS in the middle of the season, many teams may have been unwilling to let guys go for this tournament.
1. United States in regulation time  2. 2  3. 1  4. Mexico  5. United States  6. Yes  7. Mexico  8. Mexico  
#75 | 2485 days ago
chelseausa (+)

desertrat wrote:
I'm thinking that maybe some people felt it's time for change? I would have rather seen our best players in copa america as well, but they stayed home. One last thought, wasn't Argentina offsides on that last goal?
unfortunately i didnt see the last goal...i was playing my wii  :)
#76 | 2485 days ago
chelseausa (+)

Ali wrote:
From what I understand- and by no means am I a soccer expert, so someone correct me if I am wrong-  but since we have "guest" status at copa america, the clubs do not have to release their players.  This could have influenced the choice of players.  With many players based across the pond who will starting their training for their seasons within the next few weeks, and the MLS in the middle of the season, many teams may have been unwilling to let guys go for this tournament.

oh, you soccer experts know it all dont you!   :)

 

i dont really know too much about copa and all that.  being a football snob, i really dont watch a lot of s.american football and really only watch anything on this side of the planet if the us is involved.  but again, it seems if the mls and us football could make their season similiar to how the rest of the world does theirs, then were probably wouldnt have this problem.

#77 | 902 days ago

Twente Enschede will get the win!

Post a Comment   Already a user? Sign in here
Join FanIQ - It's Free
FanIQ is the ultimate free community for sports fans.
Talk sports with fans from all over - 1,649,417+ Comments
Track your game picks - 38,670,182,382+ Sports Predictions
Prove you know sports - 116,275+ Trivia Questions
Find fans of your teams - 11,453,110+ New Friends
Select Top Ten Greatest Living Football Players of All Times . (List is in alphabatical order )
Asked by MACHOMAN | Soccer | 10 questions asked 07/05/12
20 opinions | Last by NYMets7ss
*RATE THESE PORTUGANESE PLAYERS ACCORDING TO THE GREATEST *
Asked by Khaled_M_M | Soccer | 4 questions asked 01/01/13
20 opinions | 1 comment | Last by KSbengals99
How many points do you think it will take to win the Barclays Premier League in the 2012/2013 season
Asked by shanejordan1 | Soccer | 1 questions asked 08/05/12
4 opinions | Last by KSbengals99
who will finish top scorer of the barclays premier league 2012/2013 campaign
Asked by shanejordan1 | Soccer | 1 questions asked 07/30/12
7 opinions | Last by KSbengals99
who will finish the season top scorer for manchester utd
Asked by shanejordan1 | Soccer, MANU | 4 questions asked 02/08/12
64 opinions | 6 comments | Last by KSbengals99