Skip to Next Poll »
12
Should the Colts have gone for the perfect season or do what they did pulled Peyton Manning to avoid (Edited 01/21/10 07:16AM by Jay_B)
| Closed on 01/22/10 at 12:00AM
FanIQ Pts? No | NFL, Indianapolis Colts | Multiple Choice Opinion Poll
Team Breakout:
51 Fans 
65%a. Yes
24%b. No
12%c. Maybe

 &nbp;
TOP COMMENT * * * * * * * * * * * *
#6 | 1676 days ago

Go for the perfect season -- you won't get many opportunities like that.
Yes  
  
60 Comments | Sorted by Most Recent First | Red = You Disagreed
Vote for your favorite comments. Fans decide the Top Comment (3+ votes) and also hide poor quality comments (4+ votes).
#1 | 1677 days ago

The Colts didn't loose at heart. They GAVE the Jets that win and you know it. If Jim didn't sit the starters we soooo would've won. But we had nothing to loose, and even though it would've been nice to be perfect, the big pic is the Superbowl, and if sitting the starters is gonna get us there, then do it by all means. Tony Dungy did it, and we got to the superbowl, and we won. So there. 14-1 is not an embarrassing record, which should not be payed attention to at all. Because you should all know that we gave them that game. Gimme your feedback on this by a message on my profile or shout-out plz.
No  
#2 | 1677 days ago

Indysweety_Lola wrote:
The Colts didn't loose at heart. They GAVE the Jets that win and you know it. If Jim didn't sit the starters we soooo would've won. But we had nothing to loose, and even though it would've been nice to be perfect, the big pic is the Superbowl, and if sitting the starters is gonna get us there, then do it by all means. Tony Dungy did it, and we got to the superbowl, and we won. So there. 14-1 is not an embarrassing record, which should not be payed attention to at all. Because you should all know that we gave them that game. Gimme your feedback on this by a message on my profile or shout-out plz.
The Colts did lose.  The Jets ran through their defense like the Jags ran through the Giants.  

As to Colts Super Bowl plans two words : San Diego 

Next week we laugh at Peyton in the snow.  We will find out if he can even hold a football when its lower than 75 degrees outside?  I foresee 14-2.  14-3 also.
Yes  
#3 | 1676 days ago

the idea is to win . Hey it"s only 1 loss >  If Korea heard that they would attack
 all ways play to win
#4 | 1676 days ago

how in the heck does someone answer a question like that, that has two parts that ask two different things in it.  Its like the questions the police ask.  "Do you have insurance and are you drunk?"

that's why i said maybe, because that was a confusing question, that didn't make much sense.

as for the descision I think it makes sense.  Save the best for the playoffs, loosing at home really sucks, but its not like the 2nd string didn't try and wasn't up 5 points to begin with.
Maybe  
#5 | 1676 days ago

I was very disappointed!! I actually cursed Caldwell out...via TV of course. and Peyton looked so sick.
Yes  
#6 | 1676 days ago

Go for the perfect season -- you won't get many opportunities like that.
Yes  
#7 | 1676 days ago

I was very dissapointed in the decision to leave Peyton on the bench.  We could have had a perfect season and the superbowl,
Peyton will have no problem in the snow,  I believe he has proven that many times.
Yes  
#8 | 1676 days ago

jjplynch wrote:
The Colts did lose.  The Jets ran through their defense like the Jags ran through the Giants.  

As to Colts Super Bowl plans two words : San Diego 

Next week we laugh at Peyton in the snow.  We will find out if he can even hold a football when its lower than 75 degrees outside?  I foresee 14-2.  14-3 also.
Uh...did you watch that game? even the highlights? Obviously you didn't. 
???Jags through Giants??????
Do you use logic? If the Colts PULLED Manning in their penultimate game of the season...what in the hell makes you think he's going to play in the FINAL meaningless game?
#9 | 1675 days ago

MarkTheShark wrote:
Uh...did you watch that game? even the highlights? Obviously you didn't. 
???Jags through Giants??????
Do you use logic? If the Colts PULLED Manning in their penultimate game of the season...what in the hell makes you think he's going to play in the FINAL meaningless game?
True, Jags Stewart had over 200 yards himself, it took Jones and Greene to combine for 200 for the Jets.  But then Smith did make up for it with his 106 yard run back.

I did watch parts of it, but Spiderman 3 was on at the same time, so my attention was split.

Do I care if Peyton plays in Buffalo, no.
Yes  
#10 | 1675 days ago

jjplynch wrote:
True, Jags Stewart had over 200 yards himself, it took Jones and Greene to combine for 200 for the Jets.  But then Smith did make up for it with his 106 yard run back.

I did watch parts of it, but Spiderman 3 was on at the same time, so my attention was split.

Do I care if Peyton plays in Buffalo, no.
Do you mean the PANTHERS Stewart ran through the Giants?

So, Spiderman 3 is as important as NFL Sunday.................hmmmmm  I think that explains it all.
#11 | 1675 days ago

Indysweety_Lola wrote:
The Colts didn't loose at heart. They GAVE the Jets that win and you know it. If Jim didn't sit the starters we soooo would've won. But we had nothing to loose, and even though it would've been nice to be perfect, the big pic is the Superbowl, and if sitting the starters is gonna get us there, then do it by all means. Tony Dungy did it, and we got to the superbowl, and we won. So there. 14-1 is not an embarrassing record, which should not be payed attention to at all. Because you should all know that we gave them that game. Gimme your feedback on this by a message on my profile or shout-out plz.
I agree, we gave them that game  colts were seeing what the 3rd string quarterback could do in a game like this.We did to see what all players can do under pressure. We are still #1 and will still go to the playoffs so see what the rest of the team can and cannot do and work with them on it. I'm a colts fan all the way win or lose I'm from Indy.
#12 | 1675 days ago

Big_Country78 wrote:
how in the heck does someone answer a question like that, that has two parts that ask two different things in it.  Its like the questions the police ask.  "Do you have insurance and are you drunk?"

that's why i said maybe, because that was a confusing question, that didn't make much sense.

as for the descision I think it makes sense.  Save the best for the playoffs, loosing at home really sucks, but its not like the 2nd string didn't try and wasn't up 5 points to begin with.
 You dont have 2 answer, ur not even funny.
#13 | 1675 days ago

MarkTheShark wrote:
Do you mean the PANTHERS Stewart ran through the Giants?

So, Spiderman 3 is as important as NFL Sunday.................hmmmmm  I think that explains it all.
Yes, I stand corrected, the Jags were in my conscious thought for some insane reason.  But living in New Jersey, and not being able to see my beloved Patriots, Spiderman 3 was more important than watching the NY Football Giants or the Jets beating up on Indy's second stringers. 

The fact remains Indy didn't have the cojones to go for perfection and this whole thread is platitudes.  They disappointed their fans, and not in the good way of there's always next year.  That's why the Patriots are the team of the 2000's.  Belichick has cojones and the team to back it up, sure they lose sometimes, but they never disappoint the fans by playing dead.  

Colts will exit in the first round, and all will be right with the world again.
Yes  
#14 | 1675 days ago

jjplynch wrote:
Yes, I stand corrected, the Jags were in my conscious thought for some insane reason.  But living in New Jersey, and not being able to see my beloved Patriots, Spiderman 3 was more important than watching the NY Football Giants or the Jets beating up on Indy's second stringers. 

The fact remains Indy didn't have the cojones to go for perfection and this whole thread is platitudes.  They disappointed their fans, and not in the good way of there's always next year.  That's why the Patriots are the team of the 2000's.  Belichick has cojones and the team to back it up, sure they lose sometimes, but they never disappoint the fans by playing dead.  

Colts will exit in the first round, and all will be right with the world again.
Not sure how the Colts are going to exit in the first round when they have a first round bye. Did you mean that the Patriots were going to exit in the first round?
#15 | 1675 days ago

(Edited by Beaneaters)
Tough call, looks like a bonehead move with a shot at being only the second undefeated season in the history of the NFL. But having Manning sit on the bench in the playoffs due to an injury received playing the last two games after clinching home field advantage isn't something I would want to see if I was a Colts fan.
Maybe  
#16 | 1675 days ago

MarkTheShark wrote:
Not sure how the Colts are going to exit in the first round when they have a first round bye. Did you mean that the Patriots were going to exit in the first round?
The Colts first round, they can't lose until they play, but they consistently lose their first game.

As to the Patriots, I'd sure like to see them win their next 4 games, but I expect they'll come up against San Diego and lose. Just as I would expect the Colts to lose to San Diego.
Yes  
#17 | 1673 days ago

The Colts lost this game on purpose to keep some teams they didn't want to face out of those slots. The Jets in no way deserve to be there , & now Cincy is going to roll over too . What a disgrace this whole deal is to football, I hope this comes back to bite them in the ass like it did before.
Yes  
#18 | 1670 days ago

roadrocker3 wrote:
The Colts lost this game on purpose to keep some teams they didn't want to face out of those slots. The Jets in no way deserve to be there , & now Cincy is going to roll over too . What a disgrace this whole deal is to football, I hope this comes back to bite them in the ass like it did before.
They lost in Buffalo also on purpose.  Would have been nice to see Peyton Play in the snow.
Yes  
#19 | 1670 days ago

jjplynch wrote:
They lost in Buffalo also on purpose.  Would have been nice to see Peyton Play in the snow.
He looked fine: 14-18 with an INT
#20 | 1670 days ago

jjplynch wrote:
The Colts did lose.  The Jets ran through their defense like the Jags ran through the Giants.  

As to Colts Super Bowl plans two words : San Diego 

Next week we laugh at Peyton in the snow.  We will find out if he can even hold a football when its lower than 75 degrees outside?  I foresee 14-2.  14-3 also.
14-2, now just need a playoff game to make it 14-3
Yes  
#21 | 1669 days ago

Jay_B wrote:
 You dont have 2 answer, ur not even funny.

I wasn't trying to be funny, I was trying to understand your corrupt version of the English language.  I think it is a good topic and I wanted to participate, but this poll's question was difficult to understand, at least there was a maybe option.

Maybe  
#22 | 1669 days ago

personally ,as a fan , i wouldhav eloved to see them go for it, however i understand the coaching decision,,it is their job to do what is best to acheive the chmpionship ring.....they dont give rings for season records they give them to the superbowl winners.....and Peyton and the Colts have a goodc hanc eof winning a couple more:)  we all know th ejets wouldnt have won,nor th ebills,,,,,so lets focus on rings..
Yes  
#23 | 1668 days ago

jjplynch wrote:
14-2, now just need a playoff game to make it 14-3
Wes Welker.
#24 | 1668 days ago
lovinmyjeffgordon (+)

qtowndogg wrote:
Go for the perfect season -- you won't get many opportunities like that.
I agree....Still mad over that game...
#25 | 1668 days ago

I've thought how unfair it is to ticket holders to watch a pre season game at the end.
 They still would"ve lost lol
#26 | 1668 days ago

 I am a "go big or go home" kind of girl. Not only is a perfect season a beautiful thing (and let's be honest, it was well within the Colt's grasp) but momentum is important heading into the playoffs. A loss, even if its against your second string, brings negative energy into the locker room, and now they have starters who will have sat out for three weeks. 
Yes  
#27 | 1668 days ago

Ragnarokette wrote:
 I am a "go big or go home" kind of girl. Not only is a perfect season a beautiful thing (and let's be honest, it was well within the Colt's grasp) but momentum is important heading into the playoffs. A loss, even if its against your second string, brings negative energy into the locker room, and now they have starters who will have sat out for three weeks. 
...none with torn MCL's and ACL's.....
#28 | 1668 days ago

Big_Country78 wrote:

I wasn't trying to be funny, I was trying to understand your corrupt version of the English language.  I think it is a good topic and I wanted to participate, but this poll's question was difficult to understand, at least there was a maybe option.

 I'm too old 2  go back & forth with this, its easy 2 do this %#!!! behind a pc. Go find something else 2 do.
#29 | 1668 days ago

MarkTheShark wrote:
...none with torn MCL's and ACL's.....
Your joy at a major injury to a great player is disturbing. 

The Pats have been relying on Welker for too much this season.  This forces them to rethink their play. 

Maybe Brady will see he has other receivers like Aiken (who had one of the season's great TD catches against the Saints). 
Yes  
#30 | 1668 days ago

(Edited by Drummer99)
I think i've learned, perfect seasons are for teams who have great backup players. Once you're on the top and don't need to go further, why do it? fun is usually not in a coaches vocabulary, unless they won the Super Bowl, other than that, they are going to do what 99% of the other NFL coaches would do, play it safe.
Maybe  
#31 | 1668 days ago

jjplynch wrote:
Your joy at a major injury to a great player is disturbing. 

The Pats have been relying on Welker for too much this season.  This forces them to rethink their play. 

Maybe Brady will see he has other receivers like Aiken (who had one of the season's great TD catches against the Saints). 
Look jerk, don't put words in my mouth. I have the utmost respect for Wes Welker. He is my kind of player. Bill Belicose should have sat him if he thought that the turf in Houston is so "horrible".
#32 | 1667 days ago

MarkTheShark wrote:
Look jerk, don't put words in my mouth. I have the utmost respect for Wes Welker. He is my kind of player. Bill Belicose should have sat him if he thought that the turf in Houston is so "horrible".
I wasn't putting words in your mouth, but that's how your thread reads to me; joy that the Pats won't win it all because Welker went down with an MCL & ACL.  So just what did you mean?. 

I savour The thought that Belichick is taking the week to rethink the offense, should make for a good playoff run. 
Yes  
#33 | 1667 days ago

Of course I was very disappointed..  I predicted they would go all the way and that is what I expected
them to do.
Yes  
#34 | 1666 days ago

(Edited by micahmontgomery)
BS. They shouldn't rest. The last few years they have rested the last coule to few games, they have lost in the first round. I see a one and done again.
Yes  
#35 | 1665 days ago

(Edited by ajgeorges21)

It's kind of hard to answer this question right now while they haven't played any playoff games. The ultimate goal for any team is to win the Super Bowl, going undefeated is never a goal. When they were like 8-0 I didn't think that i wanted them to go undefeated because of the pressure that it puts on a team. As the went along i warmed up to the idea and soon really wanted it to happen because who wouldn't when they are so close and i was disappointed when they gave away the perfect season. In the end though if they go on and win the Super Bowl, no one is and no one should care of what could have been, if they were to come out falt in the first round the coaching staff sould be blamed for cutting off their momentum and rhythem. Fans need to get over it and we need to get behind the entire organization for the true goal of winning the Super Bowl, I have all my faith in Peyton and Co. and can't wait to see them return to miami

No  
#36 | 1665 days ago

ajgeorges21 wrote:

It's kind of hard to answer this question right now while they haven't played any playoff games. The ultimate goal for any team is to win the Super Bowl, going undefeated is never a goal. When they were like 8-0 I didn't think that i wanted them to go undefeated because of the pressure that it puts on a team. As the went along i warmed up to the idea and soon really wanted it to happen because who wouldn't when they are so close and i was disappointed when they gave away the perfect season. In the end though if they go on and win the Super Bowl, no one is and no one should care of what could have been, if they were to come out falt in the first round the coaching staff sould be blamed for cutting off their momentum and rhythem. Fans need to get over it and we need to get behind the entire organization for the true goal of winning the Super Bowl, I have all my faith in Peyton and Co. and can't wait to see them return to miami

 That  was cool!!! 
#37 | 1663 days ago

I don't like ever seeing a team "taking a break" like that, particularly when it comes to the Colts since it has happened to them several times.  Just seems to me too much time to say "we're gonna take it easy," not play to win.  You've got a bye week on top of that.  I've seen too many teams get rusty after a short break, getting caught by a team that happens to be heating up at the right time... heck in baseball how many times lately have we seen someone get beaten after getting so hot that they've earned a short break during the course of the playoffs and had to sit around twiddling their thumbs as they've waited for the other series to conclude?

But at the same time, how do you win when it comes to this issue?  You don't want something like what happened to Wes Welker to happen to your guys in a game that means jack and send your entire season flushing down the toilet for nothing.

I guess the only thing we can say is that the Colts earned the right to choose, and it is what it is.
Yes  
#38 | 1663 days ago

sprode wrote:
I don't like ever seeing a team "taking a break" like that, particularly when it comes to the Colts since it has happened to them several times.  Just seems to me too much time to say "we're gonna take it easy," not play to win.  You've got a bye week on top of that.  I've seen too many teams get rusty after a short break, getting caught by a team that happens to be heating up at the right time... heck in baseball how many times lately have we seen someone get beaten after getting so hot that they've earned a short break during the course of the playoffs and had to sit around twiddling their thumbs as they've waited for the other series to conclude?

But at the same time, how do you win when it comes to this issue?  You don't want something like what happened to Wes Welker to happen to your guys in a game that means jack and send your entire season flushing down the toilet for nothing.

I guess the only thing we can say is that the Colts earned the right to choose, and it is what it is.
 Cool!!! ur right Sprode its a no win.
#39 | 1662 days ago

Stay healthy and prepare for the playoffs, look what happened to Wes.
No  
#40 | 1661 days ago

Should have gone for it. You dont get that many chances at it. There will be a Super Bowl every year But not a perfect season.Oh well maybe next year
Yes  
#41 | 1660 days ago

Yes they should have but they, Pissed that away. They will never get that chance again
Yes  
#42 | 1660 days ago

jjplynch wrote:
I wasn't putting words in your mouth, but that's how your thread reads to me; joy that the Pats won't win it all because Welker went down with an MCL & ACL.  So just what did you mean?. 

I savour The thought that Belichick is taking the week to rethink the offense, should make for a good playoff run. 
and by run...you mean run out of their own stadium....
#43 | 1658 days ago

Jay_B wrote:
 I'm too old 2  go back & forth with this, its easy 2 do this %#!!! behind a pc. Go find something else 2 do.
nice cop out

--not--
Maybe  
#44 | 1658 days ago
lovinmyjeffgordon (+)

I guess it doesn't matter anymore....But Mr. Manning and the Boys will see you all in The Super BOWL....OH..... HE** YEAH.....!!!!!
#45 | 1658 days ago

(Edited by jjplynch)
MarkTheShark wrote:
and by run...you mean run out of their own stadium....
So they did.    There's always next year!

But not as bad as the Vikings took out the Cowboys.
Yes  
#46 | 1657 days ago

lovinmyjeffgordon wrote:
I guess it doesn't matter anymore....But Mr. Manning and the Boys will see you all in The Super BOWL....OH..... HE** YEAH.....!!!!!
What you mean  Mr. Manning has front row Tickets to watch the game? LMAO
Yes  
#47 | 1655 days ago

Now we get to see if Indy can beat the Jets.  Sure would be interesting if NYJ both beats their undefeated team and knocks them out of the playoffs.  Go Jets!
Yes  
#48 | 1652 days ago

What good is a perfect season if you are 16 - 1 at the end of your season. You save the key players so that they can be well rested for the playoffs. After all, you can lose a regular season game and go to the playoffs, but when you lose a playoff game, you go home.
No  
#49 | 1647 days ago

qtowndogg wrote:
Go for the perfect season -- you won't get many opportunities like that.
Most teams wont, but the Colts have this opportunity almost every year
No  
#50 | 1647 days ago

maddhatter6691 wrote:
Yes they should have but they, Pissed that away. They will never get that chance again
lol never, go check the Colts history
No  
#51 | 1647 days ago

ManningsOffense wrote:
Most teams wont, but the Colts have this opportunity almost every year
yeah and the lion's just mite have a perfect season 2? LMAO
Yes  
#52 | 1647 days ago

maddhatter6691 wrote:
yeah and the lion's just mite have a perfect season 2? LMAO
Your right but that very very unlikely, on the other hand its likely the Colts will start 8-0 or 10-0 as usual and we will hear talk of us going undefeated as usual
No  
#53 | 1647 days ago

ManningsOffense wrote:
Your right but that very very unlikely, on the other hand its likely the Colts will start 8-0 or 10-0 as usual and we will hear talk of us going undefeated as usual
I guess we will see............And by the Way SAINT'S WIN Super Bowl 44 
Yes  
#54 | 1647 days ago

maddhatter6691 wrote:
I guess we will see............And by the Way SAINT'S WIN Super Bowl 44 
LOL, I think Ima go with the great Peyton Manning,
don't quit you day job
lol
No  
#55 | 1634 days ago

Should have gone for the perfect season, then at least they could claim 16-0 regular season.
Yes  
#56 | 1634 days ago

jjplynch wrote:
Should have gone for the perfect season, then at least they could claim 16-0 regular season.
Right because Patriot fans really care about that...well the ones I know are embarrassed that they lost the SB, and I respect them for that because as Hoodie himself will tell you: 16-0 means nothing is you don't hoist the Lombardi Trophy
#57 | 1634 days ago

maddhatter6691 wrote:
I guess we will see............And by the Way SAINT'S WIN Super Bowl 44 
Great prediction Dean! good job.
Maybe  
#58 | 1633 days ago

Drummer99 wrote:
Great prediction Dean! good job.

Thank You, It  was great to see it happen

Yes  
#59 | 1633 days ago

ManningsOffense wrote:
LOL, I think Ima go with the great Peyton Manning,
don't quit you day job
lol
Don't Quit My Day Job LMAO, Who Works This Is 2010.

Saints 31 Colts 17 
Yes  
#60 | 1633 days ago

MarkTheShark wrote:
Right because Patriot fans really care about that...well the ones I know are embarrassed that they lost the SB, and I respect them for that because as Hoodie himself will tell you: 16-0 means nothing is you don't hoist the Lombardi Trophy
But we can savor the only 16-0, and that we put up a hell of a fight in the SB, drove for the go-ahead TD with 2 minutes,  lost on a miracle play, didn't just roll over and let the game slip away.  Time ran out, not the fight.  And that after a good 10 weeks where every team played us like it was the Super Bowl, because they all wanted to be the team to knock us off. 
Yes  

Post a Comment   Already a user? Sign in here
Join FanIQ - It's Free
FanIQ is the ultimate free community for sports fans.
Talk sports with fans from all over - 1,649,417+ Comments
Track your game picks - 38,670,182,382+ Sports Predictions
Prove you know sports - 116,275+ Trivia Questions
Find fans of your teams - 11,453,110+ New Friends
NFL**Indianapolis Colts**2014 Season Prediction Poll**pt.2
Asked by Michael_G | NFL, IND, IND | 8 questions asked 05/02/14
40 predictions | Last by truely
NFL**Indianapolis Colts**2014 Season Prediction Poll**pt.1
Asked by Michael_G | NFL, IND, SF | 8 questions asked 05/02/14
40 predictions | Last by truely
NFL**San Diego Chargers**2014 Season Prediction Poll**pt.2
Asked by Michael_G | NFL, SD, SF | 8 questions asked 05/24/14
48 predictions | Last by Smokesfan
NFL**San Diego Chargers**2014 Season Prediction Poll**pt.1
Asked by Michael_G | NFL, SD, SF | 8 questions asked 05/24/14
48 predictions | Last by Smokesfan
NFL**San Francisco 49ers**2014 Season Prediction Poll**pt.2
Asked by Michael_G | NFL, SF, SF | 8 questions asked 04/25/14
72 predictions | Last by Smokesfan