Skip to Next Poll »
3
**UFC Fight Night 20*Diaz vs Maynard*1/11/10** (Edited 01/12/10 12:18AM by Scott)

Predict the winners for UFC Fight Night 20 from Fairfax, VA on January 11th, 2010.

**UFC Fight Night 20*Diaz vs Maynard*1/11/10** <span style="font-size:12px;">(Edited 01/12/10 12:18AM by Scott)</span> Photo

Scored by thevandal1 on 01/12/10 at 09:54AM | Closed on 01/11/10 at 05:00PM
FanIQ Pts? 5 | MMA | Multiple Choice Prediction Poll
Team Breakout:
Correct Answer14 Fans 
  1. Gray Maynard vs. Nate Diaz (10 points)
Correct71%a. Gray Maynard (8-0, 1 NC)
29%b. Nate Diaz (11-4)
  2. Efrain Escudero vs. Evan Dunham (10 points)
79%a. Efrain Escudero (13-0)
Correct21%b. Evan Dunham (9-0)
  3. Aaron Simpson vs. Tom Lawlor (10 points)
Correct71%a. Aaron Simpson (6-0)
29%b. Tom Lawlor (6-1, 1 NC)
  4. Amir Sadollah vs. Brad Blackburn (10 points)
Correct64%a. Amir Sadollah (2-1)
36%b. Brad Blackburn (15-9-1, 1 NC)
  5. Chris Leben vs. Jay Silva (10 points)
Correct79%a. Chris Leben (18-6)
21%b. Jay Silva (5-2)
  Tiebreaker: How many of the 11 total bouts end in TKO or submission?
Correct 3

  
13 Comments | Sorted by Most Recent First | Red = You Disagreed
Vote for your favorite comments. Fans decide the Top Comment (3+ votes) and also hide poor quality comments (4+ votes).
#1 | 1563 days ago

Why is Maynard stepping down in competition?
1. Gray Maynard (8-0, 1 NC)  2. Efrain Escudero (13-0)  3. Tom Lawlor (6-1, 1 NC)  4. Amir Sadollah (2-1)  5. Chris Leben (18-6)  
#2 | 1563 days ago

Out of the 11 total bouts, I chose 7 because, 7 is my lucky number.
1. Gray Maynard (8-0, 1 NC)  2. Efrain Escudero (13-0)  3. Aaron Simpson (6-0)  4. Brad Blackburn (15-9-1, 1 NC)  5. Jay Silva (5-2)  
#3 | 1563 days ago

Leben needs win this fight badly.  That Diaz is a real crafty, I like him in this fight if it goes to the ground.  He has some sick submissions.  Is it that Maynard is stepping down or Diaz stepping up?
I'm also excited to see Sadollah fight again.  I see him taking this one.  We'll see. 
#4 | 1563 days ago

MacDoogie wrote:
Why is Maynard stepping down in competition?
I guess with a win over a Diaz and his win over Frankie Edgar, this should move him closer to the top 5 in the division. He's probably looking at a match with maybe the Stevenson-Sotiropoulos winner from 110 with a win here. That would be a good move up for him, I agree he's very underrated thus far.
#5 | 1563 days ago

jtrain11 wrote:
Leben needs win this fight badly.  That Diaz is a real crafty, I like him in this fight if it goes to the ground.  He has some sick submissions.  Is it that Maynard is stepping down or Diaz stepping up?
I'm also excited to see Sadollah fight again.  I see him taking this one.  We'll see. 
I'd like to see a Diaz submission ..... I just don't expect to.
#6 | 1563 days ago

(Edited by hapkido_warrior)
MacDoogie wrote:
Why is Maynard stepping down in competition?
it's a combination of the UFC's inexlicable will to try and hold onto their famous chamions and contenders and kee them on to as long as ossible while keeing the lower circles relatively uknown before they start building them u for title shots and romo work. It's also because diaz is the only one to beat gray maynard in the TUF house but i susect another roblem with raising him to a star is his controversial win over rob emerson if you will, i think the nevada athletic commission has been ushing to change maynard's win over emerson to a loss for some time thanks to joe's genius commentating. 'look here, you were comletely out..comletely unconcious' maynard: 'no look, i see him ta and then i roll over, my eyes are oen and i was tired so i layed back...' joe: no see, your eyes were rolled back, you were comletely unconcious, do you feel you deserve the win considering the fact that you went comletely unconcious?'
i'm arahrasing of course but seriously, just watch it, maynard was definitely rocked and his vision was robably jacked u but he rolled over..waited for his arm to free and then sat u before an official made him lay down and joe is like 'see look here he can't get u..he is comletely unconcious' even while he's sitting u and briefly checking on emerson. Joe rogan is a terrible commentator, all he talks about is how you 'cant sto the internet' and it seems every time a fighter is on bottom he calls out that they're going for a gogolata or an umalata; i think joe went to two or three jiu jitsu classes and now thinks every time a fighter moves his feet u to hi level that he's about to work the gogolata.
1. Gray Maynard (8-0, 1 NC)  2. Efrain Escudero (13-0)  3. Tom Lawlor (6-1, 1 NC)  4. Amir Sadollah (2-1)  5. Chris Leben (18-6)  
#7 | 1563 days ago

for some reason faniq kees deleting all the 'P's' in the assage above and they are removed no matter how many time i re-edit it so look for that when you see the numerous odd hrases
1. Gray Maynard (8-0, 1 NC)  2. Efrain Escudero (13-0)  3. Tom Lawlor (6-1, 1 NC)  4. Amir Sadollah (2-1)  5. Chris Leben (18-6)  
#8 | 1562 days ago

(Edited by jtrain11)
hapkido_warrior wrote:
it's a combination of the UFC's inexlicable will to try and hold onto their famous chamions and contenders and kee them on to as long as ossible while keeing the lower circles relatively uknown before they start building them u for title shots and romo work. It's also because diaz is the only one to beat gray maynard in the TUF house but i susect another roblem with raising him to a star is his controversial win over rob emerson if you will, i think the nevada athletic commission has been ushing to change maynard's win over emerson to a loss for some time thanks to joe's genius commentating. 'look here, you were comletely out..comletely unconcious' maynard: 'no look, i see him ta and then i roll over, my eyes are oen and i was tired so i layed back...' joe: no see, your eyes were rolled back, you were comletely unconcious, do you feel you deserve the win considering the fact that you went comletely unconcious?'
i'm arahrasing of course but seriously, just watch it, maynard was definitely rocked and his vision was robably jacked u but he rolled over..waited for his arm to free and then sat u before an official made him lay down and joe is like 'see look here he can't get u..he is comletely unconcious' even while he's sitting u and briefly checking on emerson. Joe rogan is a terrible commentator, all he talks about is how you 'cant sto the internet' and it seems every time a fighter is on bottom he calls out that they're going for a gogolata or an umalata; i think joe went to two or three jiu jitsu classes and now thinks every time a fighter moves his feet u to hi level that he's about to work the gogolata.
I can't stand stand Rogan either.  Frank Mir does a better job for the WEC and that's not saying much.  I have heard Florian do it, he is one of the better ones.  But Rogan is a stroke, He's not even funny as a comedian.  He needs to beat it like Micheal Jackson but it's obvious he and Dana White are boys
#9 | 1562 days ago

johnsward66 wrote:
I'd like to see a Diaz submission ..... I just don't expect to.
I wouldn't put it past him.  I didn't think he had a chance to beat Melvin Gulliard but it happened.  But maybe that was because Melvin was show boating and was caught. But I digress.
#10 | 1557 days ago

(Edited by Michael_G)
ppppppp......the p's are working in california
1. Gray Maynard (8-0, 1 NC)  2. Evan Dunham (9-0)  3. Aaron Simpson (6-0)  4. Amir Sadollah (2-1)  5. Chris Leben (18-6)  
#11 | 1557 days ago

Michael_G wrote:
ppppppp......the p's are working in california
You must have a good urologist.    
#12 | 1557 days ago

johnsward66 wrote:
You must have a good urologist.    
Yeah...she's pretty good....wait...what!!!??
1. Gray Maynard (8-0, 1 NC)  2. Evan Dunham (9-0)  3. Aaron Simpson (6-0)  4. Amir Sadollah (2-1)  5. Chris Leben (18-6)  
#13 | 1557 days ago

(Edited by jtrain11)
Overall, this card was average at best. I'm quickly becoming an Amir Sadollah fan.  He should rise up the ranks pretty quickly.  Apparently, Leben won via decision.  Untelevised fight!  we'll see if the UFC keeps him. 
a side note from the night is that Nate Diaz now wants fight at 170.  Read it at graciefighter.com
He said he doesn't get paid enough to cut weight.  If This guy thinks he can win at 170, he needs to stop smoking that silly stuff.  His boxing skills are adequate at best.  He has no power in in his punches.  No muscle mass.  He belongs at 55, where he can use his long and lanky frame to submit people from anywhere. I think he is under the impression that there are no wrestlers a 70.  Good Luck with that

Post a Comment   Already a user? Sign in here
Join FanIQ - It's Free
FanIQ is the ultimate free community for sports fans.
Talk sports with fans from all over - 1,649,417+ Comments
Track your game picks - 38,670,182,382+ Sports Predictions
Prove you know sports - 116,275+ Trivia Questions
Find fans of your teams - 11,453,110+ New Friends