Skip to Next Poll »
12
Which Center of any era do you want as the anchor of your team? (Edited 01/23/13 10:48PM by SusanVette)
| Closed on 01/23/13 at 05:00PM
FanIQ Pts? No | NBA | Multiple Choice Opinion Poll
Team Breakout:
58 Fans 
33%a. Wilt Chamberlain
26%b. Bill Russell
9%c. Shaquille O'Neal
16%d. Hakeem Olajuwon
14%e. Kareem Abdul Jabbar
3%f. Other (please comment who)

  
19 Comments | Sorted by Most Recent First | Red = You Disagreed
Vote for your favorite comments. Fans decide the Top Comment (3+ votes) and also hide poor quality comments (4+ votes).
#1 | 1696 days ago

I think, mano y mano (I'm not sure what that means? Hands? Man?... Whatever.), in their primes, The Dream would have been the man. You could have thrown in The Chief, Walton and Moses as well. In their "primes." Nice poll.
Hakeem Olajuwon  
#2 | 1695 days ago

11 championships in 13 years would be really nice.
Bill Russell  
#3 | 1695 days ago

Wilt with Lebron on the wing... OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wilt Chamberlain  
#4 | 1694 days ago

THIS to me is the hardest question to answer...just by the names on this list, you have to second-guess ANY choice you make, not because it would be bad, but you can be BETTER! 

I pick Hakeem just due to his speed and agility...but I'm really not sure.  Every one of these men (plus Moses Malone, Ewing, Parrish, McHale and Duncan, even if they are listed as forwards, and old school like Gilmore) make this the one question in NBA trivia the HARDEST to get RIGHT or WRONG
Hakeem Olajuwon  
#5 | 1684 days ago

 11 championships speaks for itself
Bill Russell  
#6 | 1650 days ago

I would take my boy Dwight Howard!
Other (please comment who)  
#7 | 1565 days ago

UltimateSureno wrote:
I would take my boy Dwight Howard!
And much like this year, your team would get wrecked by mediocre players like Kendrick Perkins and Rasheed Wallace, since Dwight has almost zero offensive game.
Bill Russell  
#8 | 1045 days ago

Having been privileged to watch all of these centers play, I pick Bill Russell. The epitome of a team player with smarts.
Bill Russell  
#9 | 1021 days ago

UltimateSureno wrote:
I would take my boy Dwight Howard!
Dwight Howard = Overrated offensve skills
Hakeem Olajuwon  
#10 | 1020 days ago

BILL RUSSELL hands down over all of those chumps, he dominated Wilt, and Wilt played against the likes of Russell and Kareem, and Im sure he would be able to stop Shaq and Hakeem, in their prime.
#11 | 947 days ago

Everyone says Bill Russell because he has 11 rings...  In the Bill Russell Era, the NBA was a Small league meaning a team like the celtics didn't have to worry about competing  with alot of NBA teams.  I'll go with Hakeem the Dream...  He'll eat the Centers of the NBA today alive with his "Dream Shake"... Hakeem had real challenges in his career and he overcame those obstacles by being a number 6th seed in the NBA in 1995 and sweeping the Orlando Magic who was the best team of the 1994-95 season...
Hakeem Olajuwon  
#12 | 920 days ago

Russell was a great player and I am sure he could match up to the Akeem, but looking at the poll and looking back how easy it was for Akeem to handle Shaq  in the finals. I would have to say in their prime either is a perfect pick but Akeem could score from more places on the court.
Hakeem Olajuwon  
#13 | 860 days ago

For the record- Russell never dominated WILT!!!!! he just had a superb cast on those Celtic Teams- take away any one of those cogs and the Celts dont win 11 rings- the most unforgettable name not on this list is David "Admiral' Robinson!!!
Other (please comment who)  
#14 | 790 days ago

KAREEM........
Kareem Abdul Jabbar  
#15 | 785 days ago

Yeah Ill go PF Malone SF James C Abdul-Jabbar PG Magic SG MJ
Kareem Abdul Jabbar  
#16 | 781 days ago

godlyke_soilder wrote:
BILL RUSSELL hands down over all of those chumps, he dominated Wilt, and Wilt played against the likes of Russell and Kareem, and Im sure he would be able to stop Shaq and Hakeem, in their prime.
I disagree!! Bill Russell "Never" dominated Wilt in a game! Even Bill Russell admits that. Bill Russell once said, " he felt good just to be able hold Wilt Chamberlain to 50pts in a game". Also, no player in the history of the NBA has ever scored 100pts in a game. In fact, it's a Guinness book of world record. Also, the NBA's foul line was pushed back to where it is because of Wilt. So, check your facts before you start disrespecting the great Wilt Chamberlain. A.K.A. "The Big Dipper"!!
Wilt Chamberlain  
#17 | 774 days ago

RaiderSteeler15 wrote:
Everyone says Bill Russell because he has 11 rings...  In the Bill Russell Era, the NBA was a Small league meaning a team like the celtics didn't have to worry about competing  with alot of NBA teams.  I'll go with Hakeem the Dream...  He'll eat the Centers of the NBA today alive with his "Dream Shake"... Hakeem had real challenges in his career and he overcame those obstacles by being a number 6th seed in the NBA in 1995 and sweeping the Orlando Magic who was the best team of the 1994-95 season...
    Hakeem is the most VERSATILE offensive center ever, I think without a doubt. Russell and Chamberlain are the toughest and most dominant to deal with overall.
Bill Russell  
#18 | 774 days ago

marcus21 wrote:
I disagree!! Bill Russell "Never" dominated Wilt in a game! Even Bill Russell admits that. Bill Russell once said, " he felt good just to be able hold Wilt Chamberlain to 50pts in a game". Also, no player in the history of the NBA has ever scored 100pts in a game. In fact, it's a Guinness book of world record. Also, the NBA's foul line was pushed back to where it is because of Wilt. So, check your facts before you start disrespecting the great Wilt Chamberlain. A.K.A. "The Big Dipper"!!
   They were both tough against one another. For many yrs.
Bill Russell  
#19 | 770 days ago

How about "The Admiral" - David Robinson ??

Post a Comment   Already a user? Sign in here
Join FanIQ - It's Free
FanIQ is the ultimate free community for sports fans.
Talk sports with fans from all over - 1,649,417+ Comments
Track your game picks - 38,670,182,382+ Sports Predictions
Prove you know sports - 116,275+ Trivia Questions
Find fans of your teams - 11,453,110+ New Friends