Skip to Next Poll »
6
1st Annual FanIQ Super POLL Extravaganza
Some of you may have seen the poll that Jess made last night letting everyone know we were doing this.  Well, it's time.

Here's what we want:  We want to see who can come up with the best Superbowl poll.  Make a poll that's related to the game or one of your favorite Superbowl commercials.  It doesn't have to be sports related if you don't want.  Just something silly or off the wall.

For example:  I'm going to make another one of my "Scenes From A FanIQ Hat" polls, and find a way to incorporate something from the game or a commercial from it.

Jess will pick out some of the best polls (like she does for her weekly competition) and announce a winner on Tuesday.

What will you get?  We don't know yet.  But we want this to be fun.  If it goes well enough, hopefully it can be a yearly ordeal.

So what are you waiting for?  Let's make a bunch of halftime polls!!!!!
Featured by: Jess at 2/07/10 7:37PM
| Closed on 02/08/10 at 05:00AM
FanIQ Pts? No | Locker Room, Miscellaneous | Multiple Choice Opinion Poll
16 Fans 
50%a. Sure, I'll play
50%b. No thanks

 &nbp;
TOP COMMENT * * * * * * * * * * * *
#27 | 1532 days ago

(Edited by HouTxFan)
kramer wrote:
There's never been a need to let people "know ahead of time" before when it comes to making locker room polls.  I don't see what the difference is now.
One difference that I can see now is actually implied by the title, Super POLL Extravaganza.  At least to me, the term "Super POLL" conjures up thoughts of the Super Bowl.   Not being an NFL coordinator of some sort, I have a hard time adjusting my plans, coming up with new ideas, etc. at halftime of the Super Bowl.  I think what some of the Q members who spend a lot of time in the Locker Room were trying to say is that they liked this idea, but wish they'd had more notice for this particular year. 

Does a person need 3 days to come up with a poll?  No.  Does the more time a person has to think of a poll, and make sure there aren't duplicates, etc., tend to lead to a better poll?  Uhhh...yeah.  Since this poll was posted with good intentions yet very short notice, do you think all of the resulting polls would have been of top quality?  Probably not. 

If you refer to a group of people as the "Locker Room Crowd" or the "LR Clique", do you really expect folks who consider themselves part of the "branded group" to not respond in a "we..."  fashion, while you respond to a similar situation by saying things like "...when we try to fix the LR."  Perhaps if you phrased things in a less challenging, or less superior, fashion...people would be more amenable to suggestions.
No thanks  
  
76 Comments | Sorted by Most Recent First | Red = You Disagreed
Vote for your favorite comments. Fans decide the Top Comment (3+ votes) and also hide poor quality comments (4+ votes).
#1 | 1532 days ago

FanIQ's Ultimate Super Bowl Party
Sure, I'll play  
#2 | 1532 days ago

perhaps more organization and a prize to strive for would excite us...nice try tho..
No thanks  
#3 | 1532 days ago

(Edited by Poli_)
http://www.faniq.com/poll/Worst-Super-Bowl-food-ever-eaten-or-encountered-1158930
Sure, I'll play  
#4 | 1532 days ago

Michael_G wrote:
perhaps more organization and a prize to strive for would excite us...nice try tho..
The respect was on accident.

You need a freaking prize to participate to just have fun?  Geezus.


Yea, it was thrown together late last night.  We're just trying to have some fun around here.
Sure, I'll play  
#5 | 1532 days ago

(Edited by Michael_G)
tpowell25 wrote:
The respect was on accident.

You need a freaking prize to participate to just have fun?  Geezus.


Yea, it was thrown together late last night.  We're just trying to have some fun around here.
Geez Tom, settle down beavis!!,,,,just saying if you inform us say 3 days ahead of time and make it a little more interesting then we would be here....you need gas in the car to make it go ya know....and thanks for the respect...
No thanks  
#6 | 1532 days ago

(Edited by kramer)
Michael_G wrote:
Geez Tom, settle down beavis!!,,,,just saying if you inform us say 3 days ahead of time and make it a little more interesting then we would be here....you need gas in the car to make it go ya know....and thanks for the respect...
You need 3 days to think of a poll about the Super Bowl?  By the way, are you speaking for the entire locker room crowd when you say "we?"
Sure, I'll play  
#7 | 1532 days ago

kramer wrote:
You need 3 days to think of a poll about the Super Bowl?  By the way, are you speaking for the entire locker room crowd when you say "we?"
no..I made mine 2 weeks ago....but if you want participation you need to let folks know ahead of time...let's see,,this posted at halftime and we are now in the 4th quarter..so far it's...Tom. Kramer, Michael G and Poli, with contributions....4 of which are counter-productive
No thanks  
#8 | 1532 days ago

Michael_G wrote:
no..I made mine 2 weeks ago....but if you want participation you need to let folks know ahead of time...let's see,,this posted at halftime and we are now in the 4th quarter..so far it's...Tom. Kramer, Michael G and Poli, with contributions....4 of which are counter-productive
There's never been a need to let people "know ahead of time" before when it comes to making locker room polls.  I don't see what the difference is now.
Sure, I'll play  
#9 | 1532 days ago

kramer wrote:
There's never been a need to let people "know ahead of time" before when it comes to making locker room polls.  I don't see what the difference is now.
Locker Room polls are also not "time-specific" like this one.........that's why we do those on the sports side...c'mon guys..for people with some clout around here you didn't think this one through...if you want to get the locker rooms attention let us know during the week, not halftime of the Super Bowl...which is very exciting by the way, I can't believe I'm wasting my time responding to this right now, the idea gets an A+....the timing and organization = epic fail
No thanks  
#10 | 1532 days ago

Michael_G wrote:
Locker Room polls are also not "time-specific" like this one.........that's why we do those on the sports side...c'mon guys..for people with some clout around here you didn't think this one through...if you want to get the locker rooms attention let us know during the week, not halftime of the Super Bowl...which is very exciting by the way, I can't believe I'm wasting my time responding to this right now, the idea gets an A+....the timing and organization = epic fail
Well then how do you suggest we improve the locker room polls, because it's in desperate need of some drastic change.  This was an attempt to make the locker room a little more fun on Super Bowl Sunday, it's not our fault the LR clique would rather keep doing low quality polls instead of coming up with something decent.
Sure, I'll play  
#11 | 1532 days ago
JRSFLAME88 (+)

kramer wrote:
Well then how do you suggest we improve the locker room polls, because it's in desperate need of some drastic change.  This was an attempt to make the locker room a little more fun on Super Bowl Sunday, it's not our fault the LR clique would rather keep doing low quality polls instead of coming up with something decent.
Well said Kramer!    I'm out of respects but you deserve more than one!!!
Sure, I'll play  
#12 | 1532 days ago

kramer wrote:
Well then how do you suggest we improve the locker room polls, because it's in desperate need of some drastic change.  This was an attempt to make the locker room a little more fun on Super Bowl Sunday, it's not our fault the LR clique would rather keep doing low quality polls instead of coming up with something decent.
LR clique? Please.

I think this subject should be dropped because you just insulted those who make LR polls and I don't think that is going to make things better. And, who's definition of decent are we using?
No thanks  
#13 | 1532 days ago

kramer wrote:
Well then how do you suggest we improve the locker room polls, because it's in desperate need of some drastic change.  This was an attempt to make the locker room a little more fun on Super Bowl Sunday, it's not our fault the LR clique would rather keep doing low quality polls instead of coming up with something decent.
Well Kramer, a poll asking the locker room folks what they think would be a good start, this would have been fun had anyone known, so timing is a factor, and all it takes is one or two people to step up with new ideas and it can rectify itself, personally I feel it has improved in the last week or so..the filter poll on a daily basis has been fun (a bit cliquee but with more participation that will change)  maybe have a system where poll quality can be somehow be monitored (like with the trivia questions and quizzes) and approved, and nobody would rather do low quality polls, the morale went straight down-hill when the seasons changed alot of good folks left and as an outsider who doesn't really get involved I have been witness to alot of back-stabbing and sh!t-talking so I can only imaging how bad it is...high-school all over again...it will have it's peaks and valleys...now I feel it's in the valley but hopefully on a slow rise. One last thing, the people who make the polls can read this, we're not invisible, so phrases like tihs..." it's not our fault the LR clique would rather keep doing low quality polls instead of coming up with something decent." should be kept to yourself, just saying.
No thanks  
#14 | 1532 days ago

(Edited by kramer)
kteacher wrote:
LR clique? Please.

I think this subject should be dropped because you just insulted those who make LR polls and I don't think that is going to make things better. And, who's definition of decent are we using?
Oh well, I'm not apologizing to anyone for what I've said, because every single time the mods try to improve the LR and try to find ways to make it better, it's met with opposition from everyone who regularly posts in the LR.  There's a reason Jess started the weekly awards poll.  I can name the people on one hand who actually get creative when they make polls.  I'm not talking about the series polls, I'm talking about new original ideas, and the sad thing is that, in general, the new ideas just aren't there.
Sure, I'll play  
#15 | 1532 days ago

JRSFLAME88 wrote:
Well said Kramer!    I'm out of respects but you deserve more than one!!!
Umm Gina..re-read what he said...I wouldn't take that as a compliment if I were you
No thanks  
#16 | 1532 days ago

Michael_G wrote:
Well Kramer, a poll asking the locker room folks what they think would be a good start, this would have been fun had anyone known, so timing is a factor, and all it takes is one or two people to step up with new ideas and it can rectify itself, personally I feel it has improved in the last week or so..the filter poll on a daily basis has been fun (a bit cliquee but with more participation that will change)  maybe have a system where poll quality can be somehow be monitored (like with the trivia questions and quizzes) and approved, and nobody would rather do low quality polls, the morale went straight down-hill when the seasons changed alot of good folks left and as an outsider who doesn't really get involved I have been witness to alot of back-stabbing and sh!t-talking so I can only imaging how bad it is...high-school all over again...it will have it's peaks and valleys...now I feel it's in the valley but hopefully on a slow rise. One last thing, the people who make the polls can read this, we're not invisible, so phrases like tihs..." it's not our fault the LR clique would rather keep doing low quality polls instead of coming up with something decent." should be kept to yourself, just saying.
I think it needed to be said so everyone realizes that the LR isn't as good as it used to be, and thus needs some shaping up.  I'd be fine with a poll asking the folks what they want, but you know what happens when we make polls like that?  People complain about what they DON'T want rather than what they DO want to see.
Sure, I'll play  
#17 | 1532 days ago

kramer wrote:
Oh well, I'm not apologizing to anyone for what I've said, because every single time the mods try to improve the LR and try to find ways to make it better, it's met with opposition from everyone who regularly posts in the LR.  There's a reason Jess started the weekly awards poll.  I can name the people on one hand who actually get creative when they make polls.  I'm not talking about the series polls, I'm talking about new original ideas, and the sad thing is that, in general, the new ideas just aren't there.
Perhaps part of the problem is the "mods" trying to improve it, let the people do their thing and monitor behind the scenes, I'm not hearing anything positive coming from you right now, take it with a grain of salt, but attitude is everything.
No thanks  
#18 | 1532 days ago

Michael_G wrote:
Perhaps part of the problem is the "mods" trying to improve it, let the people do their thing and monitor behind the scenes, I'm not hearing anything positive coming from you right now, take it with a grain of salt, but attitude is everything.
Okay, if you think it's fine the way it is, be my guest.  I vehemently disagree, and sometimes the truth hurts, so if it seems I'm not being positive, perhaps that's because there's nothing to be positive about.
Sure, I'll play  
#19 | 1532 days ago
JRSFLAME88 (+)

Michael_G wrote:
Umm Gina..re-read what he said...I wouldn't take that as a compliment if I were you
You know...I'm just about ready to quit making polls or commenting in them.  It seems that not only is a certain "Clique" ruining the Locker Room but I have seen some of the most uncalled for, insult remarks to other people that I'm sick of it.  Kramer is just trying to help the Locker Room and it is in desperate need of restructuring! 
Sure, I'll play  
#20 | 1532 days ago

kramer wrote:
Oh well, I'm not apologizing to anyone for what I've said, because every single time the mods try to improve the LR and try to find ways to make it better, it's met with opposition from everyone who regularly posts in the LR.  There's a reason Jess started the weekly awards poll.  I can name the people on one hand who actually get creative when they make polls.  I'm not talking about the series polls, I'm talking about new original ideas, and the sad thing is that, in general, the new ideas just aren't there.
Not asking for anyone to apologize just adding my thoughts to what you posted. I think you are wrong in saying that everyone who regularly posts in the LR opposes you all when you all try to fix things. I saw Jess's poll. She got nothing but positive comments, but that could be due to the fact that she refrained from posting things that may be looked at/read as insulting to those already creating locker room polls.
No thanks  
#21 | 1532 days ago

Whoa I leave you guys for a while to watch the Super Bowl (can I say Super Bowl without Goodell hunting me down?) and this is what happens?
Sure, I'll play  
#22 | 1532 days ago

kteacher wrote:
Not asking for anyone to apologize just adding my thoughts to what you posted. I think you are wrong in saying that everyone who regularly posts in the LR opposes you all when you all try to fix things. I saw Jess's poll. She got nothing but positive comments, but that could be due to the fact that she refrained from posting things that may be looked at/read as insulting to those already creating locker room polls.
I've never seen anything BUT opposition when we try to fix the LR.  There's always a way to prove me wrong though.  For the record, Jess also posted the poll about this one, and that got a lot of feedback, but when this poll was made, Michael made the remark that "we" need more time to prepare as if he was the spokesperson for the locker room.  I doubt he speaks for everyone.  I know there are a lot of great people around here, but the content for the most part could be a lot better than it is.  Maybe everyone could take my comments as a challenge and really get creative, that would be awesome to see.  If everyone did that, I think we'd see a tremendous improvement in the LR morale, and it would become the fun place it once was.
Sure, I'll play  
#23 | 1532 days ago

kramer wrote:
Okay, if you think it's fine the way it is, be my guest.  I vehemently disagree, and sometimes the truth hurts, so if it seems I'm not being positive, perhaps that's because there's nothing to be positive about.
I didn't say it was fine, read what I wrote about improvements, and smile, and take a step forward instead of two steps back...
No thanks  
#24 | 1532 days ago

kramer wrote:
Oh well, I'm not apologizing to anyone for what I've said, because every single time the mods try to improve the LR and try to find ways to make it better, it's met with opposition from everyone who regularly posts in the LR.  There's a reason Jess started the weekly awards poll.  I can name the people on one hand who actually get creative when they make polls.  I'm not talking about the series polls, I'm talking about new original ideas, and the sad thing is that, in general, the new ideas just aren't there.
I post regularly in the LR and have not opposed anything Jess or the Mods have tried to do.  My only "beef" is with those who insist that in order to add to the LR, we'd have to take away what is there now. 
There's room for everyone, whether they are member of this alleged "clique" (READ: regular contributors, in my opinion) or not, and all types of polls, whether they are thought of as "low quality" by some or not.  And I must say that these "low quality" polls tend to be the most active ones with the most posts on them.  That, to me, is the most ironic part of people calling them "low quality" polls.  If they were that bad, it would stand to reason that people would just ignore them.
#25 | 1532 days ago

janet011685 wrote:
I post regularly in the LR and have not opposed anything Jess or the Mods have tried to do.  My only "beef" is with those who insist that in order to add to the LR, we'd have to take away what is there now. 
There's room for everyone, whether they are member of this alleged "clique" (READ: regular contributors, in my opinion) or not, and all types of polls, whether they are thought of as "low quality" by some or not.  And I must say that these "low quality" polls tend to be the most active ones with the most posts on them.  That, to me, is the most ironic part of people calling them "low quality" polls.  If they were that bad, it would stand to reason that people would just ignore them.
Pipe-Down Janet...we all know it's all your fault..
No thanks  
#26 | 1532 days ago

Michael_G wrote:
Pipe-Down Janet...we all know it's all your fault..
WTF else is new? 

#27 | 1532 days ago

(Edited by HouTxFan)
kramer wrote:
There's never been a need to let people "know ahead of time" before when it comes to making locker room polls.  I don't see what the difference is now.
One difference that I can see now is actually implied by the title, Super POLL Extravaganza.  At least to me, the term "Super POLL" conjures up thoughts of the Super Bowl.   Not being an NFL coordinator of some sort, I have a hard time adjusting my plans, coming up with new ideas, etc. at halftime of the Super Bowl.  I think what some of the Q members who spend a lot of time in the Locker Room were trying to say is that they liked this idea, but wish they'd had more notice for this particular year. 

Does a person need 3 days to come up with a poll?  No.  Does the more time a person has to think of a poll, and make sure there aren't duplicates, etc., tend to lead to a better poll?  Uhhh...yeah.  Since this poll was posted with good intentions yet very short notice, do you think all of the resulting polls would have been of top quality?  Probably not. 

If you refer to a group of people as the "Locker Room Crowd" or the "LR Clique", do you really expect folks who consider themselves part of the "branded group" to not respond in a "we..."  fashion, while you respond to a similar situation by saying things like "...when we try to fix the LR."  Perhaps if you phrased things in a less challenging, or less superior, fashion...people would be more amenable to suggestions.
No thanks  
#28 | 1532 days ago

kramer wrote:
I've never seen anything BUT opposition when we try to fix the LR.  There's always a way to prove me wrong though.  For the record, Jess also posted the poll about this one, and that got a lot of feedback, but when this poll was made, Michael made the remark that "we" need more time to prepare as if he was the spokesperson for the locker room.  I doubt he speaks for everyone.  I know there are a lot of great people around here, but the content for the most part could be a lot better than it is.  Maybe everyone could take my comments as a challenge and really get creative, that would be awesome to see.  If everyone did that, I think we'd see a tremendous improvement in the LR morale, and it would become the fun place it once was.
see...that wasn't so hard
No thanks  
#29 | 1532 days ago

kramer wrote:
I've never seen anything BUT opposition when we try to fix the LR.  There's always a way to prove me wrong though.  For the record, Jess also posted the poll about this one, and that got a lot of feedback, but when this poll was made, Michael made the remark that "we" need more time to prepare as if he was the spokesperson for the locker room.  I doubt he speaks for everyone.  I know there are a lot of great people around here, but the content for the most part could be a lot better than it is.  Maybe everyone could take my comments as a challenge and really get creative, that would be awesome to see.  If everyone did that, I think we'd see a tremendous improvement in the LR morale, and it would become the fun place it once was.
I never once said "WE" so don't make sh!t up, and condescend my contribution to this thread.
No thanks  
#30 | 1532 days ago

Michael_G wrote:
I never once said "WE" so don't make sh!t up, and condescend my contribution to this thread.
Geez Tom, settle down beavis!!,,,,just saying if you inform us say 3 days ahead of time and make it a little more interesting then we would be here....you need gas in the car to make it go ya know....and thanks for the respect...

Actually, yes you did.
Sure, I'll play  
#31 | 1532 days ago

kramer wrote:
Geez Tom, settle down beavis!!,,,,just saying if you inform us say 3 days ahead of time and make it a little more interesting then we would be here....you need gas in the car to make it go ya know....and thanks for the respect...

Actually, yes you did.
as in participants..we as a whole..as in people.....you know exactly what I ment. As a mod you sure like to stir sh!t up don't you?
No thanks  
#32 | 1532 days ago

Michael_G wrote:
as in participants..we as a whole..as in people.....you know exactly what I ment. As a mod you sure like to stir sh!t up don't you?
Yes, I know you meant "we" as a whole, which is why I said I didn't think you were the voice of everyone.
Sure, I'll play  
#33 | 1532 days ago

I'm out...I have more pressing issues...I gave my 2 cents...not here to play games..I will continue to contribute as I always have, and give my opinion, you asked for my thoughts, you got em.
No thanks  
#34 | 1531 days ago

because im relatively new to the siteOnly active since dec) but on a while before just didnt know wha tit was.....but sm so glad i found out...im not sure hat you guys mean? when i make a poll it isusualyy spur of the moment and many times comes because of an action or remarkmade from someone or something i see in a game i may or may not agree with......I think the idea of rewards keep peopleinterested as evertyone like to know thatt theirinput is appreciated....thereis nothing wrong with initiatives, bonuses etc,except of cours eits wall street banks insurance ,pharmacutical companies or any one who got a bail out....:)
Sure, I'll play  
#35 | 1531 days ago

tell me what i have to do?
Sure, I'll play  
#36 | 1531 days ago

Gay...
No thanks  
#37 | 1531 days ago

Roll Tide!
#38 | 1531 days ago

I will refrain at this time.  
No thanks  
#39 | 1531 days ago
18packabs (+)

What's The SCORE????
#40 | 1531 days ago

derms33 wrote:
Gay...

 
Nope ... still not getting any reading.  And MY gaydar is well-honed. 

#41 | 1531 days ago
cubsgirl2 (+)

 Go Saints
#42 | 1531 days ago

kramer wrote:
Well then how do you suggest we improve the locker room polls, because it's in desperate need of some drastic change.  This was an attempt to make the locker room a little more fun on Super Bowl Sunday, it's not our fault the LR clique would rather keep doing low quality polls instead of coming up with something decent.
...no comment.
#43 | 1531 days ago

Jiminy freakin christmas.  This was supposed to be fun.

I know this was thrown up at the last minute, even though Jess did make an announcement for it Saturday night (maybe Jess should have made this poll?).  But c'mon people.  It was for fun.  Not for blood.  I was just trying to add a new wrinkle to the LR.

I'll start planning now for next year's extravaganza.  Oh yea, there will be another one.  And everyone knows that I like my sequels.

So let's start planning now.  All ideas are welcome.
Sure, I'll play  
#44 | 1531 days ago

tpowell25 wrote:
Jiminy freakin christmas.  This was supposed to be fun.

I know this was thrown up at the last minute, even though Jess did make an announcement for it Saturday night (maybe Jess should have made this poll?).  But c'mon people.  It was for fun.  Not for blood.  I was just trying to add a new wrinkle to the LR.

I'll start planning now for next year's extravaganza.  Oh yea, there will be another one.  And everyone knows that I like my sequels.

So let's start planning now.  All ideas are welcome.
Tom, I think that even if the first poll that Jess made earlier in the day had mentioned the "contest" (in a more detailed way), it would have gotten a larger response.  I imagine (correct me if I'm wrong) that the Mods were aware of what was going on ahead of time which is probably why I only saw polls during halftime that were created by Mods.  I think that even if Qers were given notice earlier that day (or the night before) then it would have given them at least a few hours to try to think up something creative to unleash during halftime. 
With the length of time that the halftime show was (maybe 20 minutes tops, if I remember correctly), that doesn't seem like it would be enough time for someone to think up a good idea, create the poll, and allow people a chance to respond.  Hell, I've been around for about 8 months and I STILL haven't thought up a poll idea that I think is good enough to pop my poll-making cherry. 

That's my only input.  I personally think that it was a good idea and the thought behind it was great.  And even though it was fairly limited this year, I enjoyed it.  I just think that it could have been even better had there been a bit more notice.
#45 | 1531 days ago

janet011685 wrote:
Tom, I think that even if the first poll that Jess made earlier in the day had mentioned the "contest" (in a more detailed way), it would have gotten a larger response.  I imagine (correct me if I'm wrong) that the Mods were aware of what was going on ahead of time which is probably why I only saw polls during halftime that were created by Mods.  I think that even if Qers were given notice earlier that day (or the night before) then it would have given them at least a few hours to try to think up something creative to unleash during halftime. 
With the length of time that the halftime show was (maybe 20 minutes tops, if I remember correctly), that doesn't seem like it would be enough time for someone to think up a good idea, create the poll, and allow people a chance to respond.  Hell, I've been around for about 8 months and I STILL haven't thought up a poll idea that I think is good enough to pop my poll-making cherry. 

That's my only input.  I personally think that it was a good idea and the thought behind it was great.  And even though it was fairly limited this year, I enjoyed it.  I just think that it could have been even better had there been a bit more notice.
In Tom (and everyone else's defense), this was something that was cooked up about 2.3 seconds before I posted the other poll. We understood it had the possibility of being a bust, but we figured we'd take a shot anyway. And now we know that we'll be doing something similar next year, so there's that added bonus. The mods didn't know anything sooner than anyone else; Tom and I always have these half-baked plans and most of them never even hatch at all. We were lucky to get this one out when we did lol
Sure, I'll play  
#46 | 1531 days ago
cubsgirl2 (+)

tpowell25 wrote:
Jiminy freakin christmas.  This was supposed to be fun.

I know this was thrown up at the last minute, even though Jess did make an announcement for it Saturday night (maybe Jess should have made this poll?).  But c'mon people.  It was for fun.  Not for blood.  I was just trying to add a new wrinkle to the LR.

I'll start planning now for next year's extravaganza.  Oh yea, there will be another one.  And everyone knows that I like my sequels.

So let's start planning now.  All ideas are welcome.
 Good I like to plan for a party.  And I agree with what Jnet said so theres no reason for me to try to repeat it.
#47 | 1531 days ago

Jess wrote:
In Tom (and everyone else's defense), this was something that was cooked up about 2.3 seconds before I posted the other poll. We understood it had the possibility of being a bust, but we figured we'd take a shot anyway. And now we know that we'll be doing something similar next year, so there's that added bonus. The mods didn't know anything sooner than anyone else; Tom and I always have these half-baked plans and most of them never even hatch at all. We were lucky to get this one out when we did lol
I understand, Jess.  And believe me, I'm not upset about it or anything.  I was honestly just giving feedback because, well, it was asked for.    And like I said before, I have had no issue with what you and some of the other Mods have been trying to do, and I think that you guys doing anything at all to try to improve things for Qers is awesome.  I'm just along for the ride ... doesn't take much to amuse me. 
Hell, anyone who knows me at all knows my entire life is one big hot mess of a trainwreck.  And quite frankly, that's how I like it ... including in Locker Room polls.  So you guys throwing it together last minute is cool with me.  I was only giving feedback because I know most people aren't as easy to please as I am. 
#48 | 1531 days ago

janet011685 wrote:
I understand, Jess.  And believe me, I'm not upset about it or anything.  I was honestly just giving feedback because, well, it was asked for.    And like I said before, I have had no issue with what you and some of the other Mods have been trying to do, and I think that you guys doing anything at all to try to improve things for Qers is awesome.  I'm just along for the ride ... doesn't take much to amuse me. 
Hell, anyone who knows me at all knows my entire life is one big hot mess of a trainwreck.  And quite frankly, that's how I like it ... including in Locker Room polls.  So you guys throwing it together last minute is cool with me.  I was only giving feedback because I know most people aren't as easy to please as I am. 
Oh I think when I replied to you, I meant it mainly as kind of a reply to everyone, and maybe as an explanation about the organization) in general. I didn't feel like you were complaining at all, and we definitely appreciate constructive feedback such as that which you posted.

I think the only reason I replied directly to your comment is because you (with good reason) thought the mods might have known what was going on ahead of time. I figured I'd let you know that no...Tom and I just kind of set it up last minute :)
Sure, I'll play  
#49 | 1531 days ago

Jess wrote:
Oh I think when I replied to you, I meant it mainly as kind of a reply to everyone, and maybe as an explanation about the organization) in general. I didn't feel like you were complaining at all, and we definitely appreciate constructive feedback such as that which you posted.

I think the only reason I replied directly to your comment is because you (with good reason) thought the mods might have known what was going on ahead of time. I figured I'd let you know that no...Tom and I just kind of set it up last minute :)
Why, after reading that, was "cool beans" the first thing that popped into my head? 
I haven't said that in years.
Trainwreck, I tell you.  Trainwreck. 
#50 | 1531 days ago

I wish I HAD known about it before  Not that I would have been able to come up with any great ideas, I was busy cooking, but heck it woulda been fun to try and I can hardly wait for next year's version - can we do something for the Stanley Cup?
#51 | 1531 days ago

Debi_L wrote:
I wish I HAD known about it before  Not that I would have been able to come up with any great ideas, I was busy cooking, but heck it woulda been fun to try and I can hardly wait for next year's version - can we do something for the Stanley Cup?
Only if the Thrashers make it....
Sure, I'll play  
#52 | 1531 days ago

tpowell25 wrote:
Only if the Thrashers make it....
and the Flames......
#53 | 1531 days ago

Interesting, Just Interesting. Good Job Folks. Keep It Coming!
#54 | 1531 days ago

Debi_L wrote:
and the Flames......
Uh...and the Kings.....and let's face it----MY team is in a better position than either of yours. (wow...that felt great saying..."My team being in a better position..)
No thanks  
#55 | 1531 days ago

kteacher wrote:
Uh...and the Kings.....and let's face it----MY team is in a better position than either of yours. (wow...that felt great saying..."My team being in a better position..)
  meanie!!!
#56 | 1531 days ago

Debi_L wrote:
  meanie!!!
No thanks  
#57 | 1531 days ago

kteacher wrote:
Uh...and the Kings.....and let's face it----MY team is in a better position than either of yours. (wow...that felt great saying..."My team being in a better position..)
The Pens are in a better position than all of your teams.
Sure, I'll play  
#58 | 1531 days ago
jasonwrites (+)

janet011685 wrote:
I understand, Jess.  And believe me, I'm not upset about it or anything.  I was honestly just giving feedback because, well, it was asked for.    And like I said before, I have had no issue with what you and some of the other Mods have been trying to do, and I think that you guys doing anything at all to try to improve things for Qers is awesome.  I'm just along for the ride ... doesn't take much to amuse me. 
Hell, anyone who knows me at all knows my entire life is one big hot mess of a trainwreck.  And quite frankly, that's how I like it ... including in Locker Room polls.  So you guys throwing it together last minute is cool with me.  I was only giving feedback because I know most people aren't as easy to please as I am. 
 because I know most people aren't as easy to please as I am. 


#59 | 1531 days ago
jasonwrites (+)

 So sorry I missed the "fun." Well, like Cubs fans say... there's always next year.
#60 | 1531 days ago

kramer wrote:
The Pens are in a better position than all of your teams.
UHmmmmm....YOU may want to check the standings today. As  of today your Pens have 72 points and my Kings have 75 (though they are currently losing to the Sucks). Anyways....you need to check those standings.
No thanks  
#61 | 1530 days ago
Bastyd (+)

kramer wrote:
I've never seen anything BUT opposition when we try to fix the LR.  There's always a way to prove me wrong though.  For the record, Jess also posted the poll about this one, and that got a lot of feedback, but when this poll was made, Michael made the remark that "we" need more time to prepare as if he was the spokesperson for the locker room.  I doubt he speaks for everyone.  I know there are a lot of great people around here, but the content for the most part could be a lot better than it is.  Maybe everyone could take my comments as a challenge and really get creative, that would be awesome to see.  If everyone did that, I think we'd see a tremendous improvement in the LR morale, and it would become the fun place it once was.
     I'm fairly new to this site, so I can't  comment on how fun this place used to be.  I will say that I enjoy coming here and reading and making posts.  If there is something you can do to make it even more fun,,, GREAT!   If you don't, that's just fine with me too.
No thanks  
#62 | 1530 days ago

kteacher wrote:
UHmmmmm....YOU may want to check the standings today. As  of today your Pens have 72 points and my Kings have 75 (though they are currently losing to the Sucks). Anyways....you need to check those standings.
I'd advise you to check the standings yourself, as the Pens have a slightly larger cushion than the Kings.  It may only be a couple points, but it is larger than the margin the Kings have.
Sure, I'll play  
#63 | 1530 days ago

kramer wrote:
I'd advise you to check the standings yourself, as the Pens have a slightly larger cushion than the Kings.  It may only be a couple points, but it is larger than the margin the Kings have.
OK...so you are talking about your Pens lead in a far weaker Eastern Conference (and it's only by a game/2 points)....got it and on that one you are correct. Kings still have one more win and 3 more points than your Pens, and that makes me happy. (Darn it....let me have my moment! lol)
No thanks  
#64 | 1530 days ago

kteacher wrote:
OK...so you are talking about your Pens lead in a far weaker Eastern Conference (and it's only by a game/2 points)....got it and on that one you are correct. Kings still have one more win and 3 more points than your Pens, and that makes me happy. (Darn it....let me have my moment! lol)
I wouldn't exactly call the East a "weaker conference."  I'll let you have your moment as long as you promise me if Detroit winds up making the playoffs, it WON'T be because of your Kings.
Sure, I'll play  
#65 | 1530 days ago

kramer wrote:
I wouldn't exactly call the East a "weaker conference."  I'll let you have your moment as long as you promise me if Detroit winds up making the playoffs, it WON'T be because of your Kings.
You don't have to call it that....I did. As for  Detroit, the Kings are finished playing them (2-2). They are going to have a battle getting into the playoffs this year. Way too many teams still in the mix...including Anaheim. I know one thing. However the Western Conference is seeded, no team will have an "easy" opponent. Far too many teams who can go all the way in my opinion.
No thanks  
#66 | 1530 days ago

Would you all quit arguing and tell me when the H**L the game starts?? I always get my time zones f***ed up!
#67 | 1530 days ago

jasonwrites wrote:
 because I know most people aren't as easy to please as I am. 



I have at LEAST four comeback jokes in my head right now but every one of them violates at least one area of the CoC.  Personal attacks, inappropriate language,....
#68 | 1530 days ago
cubsgirl2 (+)

janet011685 wrote:

I have at LEAST four comeback jokes in my head right now but every one of them violates at least one area of the CoC.  Personal attacks, inappropriate language,....
 to much sexual content, oh and a new one, no making fun when its just to damn easy. 
#69 | 1530 days ago
jasonwrites (+)

janet011685 wrote:

I have at LEAST four comeback jokes in my head right now but every one of them violates at least one area of the CoC.  Personal attacks, inappropriate language,....
 I welcome personal attacks with inappropriate language so long as they have abundant sexual content.
#70 | 1530 days ago

jasonwrites wrote:
 I welcome personal attacks with inappropriate language so long as they have abundant sexual content.
Well let's take this to private message and I'll make you one happy fella. 
Minus any sexual content, of course ... I WILL tell you to go f**k yourself several times, though.  If that helps at all. 
#71 | 1530 days ago
jasonwrites (+)

janet011685 wrote:
Well let's take this to private message and I'll make you one happy fella. 
Minus any sexual content, of course ... I WILL tell you to go f**k yourself several times, though.  If that helps at all. 
Damn this thin air 'round here, I need oxygen after laughing so hard!
#72 | 1529 days ago

Jess wrote:
Oh I think when I replied to you, I meant it mainly as kind of a reply to everyone, and maybe as an explanation about the organization) in general. I didn't feel like you were complaining at all, and we definitely appreciate constructive feedback such as that which you posted.

I think the only reason I replied directly to your comment is because you (with good reason) thought the mods might have known what was going on ahead of time. I figured I'd let you know that no...Tom and I just kind of set it up last minute :)
Thank you for your knowledge
#73 | 1528 days ago
Sporz_Freek (+)

magkloz wrote:
Thank you for your knowledge
You're welcome! LOL!
#74 | 1528 days ago
NMboyzfan (+)

Wow, 

As one of the 'regular contributors' of the locker room, I have to disagree with the whole "its not as fun as it used to be" mantra.  Some people don't contribute as much, if any at all, while others contribute more.  Granted, I haven't been around forever, but the polls don't seem to be any more meaningless than they were before.  Seriously...I haven't had to answer one poll this season about what my favorite color is.  For the record, it is still black, just like it was in the 17 season one polls about this topic.  Quite personally, I have no issue at all with the quality of the LR...it is what it is and if you expect more out of it, then put more into it.

Kramer, I'm not sure if you were blowing a little steam or what, but the whole "LR clique" thing is very cliche.  That is a group of people that interact with each other, and within that group there are, of course, sub-groups.  These sub-groups interact with each other, and they change complexities and characteristics with each new subject.

That's my take, for what it is worth.  I assure each and every one of you that I will continue to do my best to provide only the lowest quality polls.  In addition, I will review my substandard work thoroughly, and in the event that I should find that it contains anything considered to be 'decent' I will promptly shoot off the toes of my left foot one at a time.

#75 | 1528 days ago

NMboyzfan wrote:

Wow, 

As one of the 'regular contributors' of the locker room, I have to disagree with the whole "its not as fun as it used to be" mantra.  Some people don't contribute as much, if any at all, while others contribute more.  Granted, I haven't been around forever, but the polls don't seem to be any more meaningless than they were before.  Seriously...I haven't had to answer one poll this season about what my favorite color is.  For the record, it is still black, just like it was in the 17 season one polls about this topic.  Quite personally, I have no issue at all with the quality of the LR...it is what it is and if you expect more out of it, then put more into it.

Kramer, I'm not sure if you were blowing a little steam or what, but the whole "LR clique" thing is very cliche.  That is a group of people that interact with each other, and within that group there are, of course, sub-groups.  These sub-groups interact with each other, and they change complexities and characteristics with each new subject.

That's my take, for what it is worth.  I assure each and every one of you that I will continue to do my best to provide only the lowest quality polls.  In addition, I will review my substandard work thoroughly, and in the event that I should find that it contains anything considered to be 'decent' I will promptly shoot off the toes of my left foot one at a time.

You know what?  Maybe I was blowing off some steam.  Maybe I'm a little tired of everyone thinking the LR is all hunky-dory when it really isn't.  Maybe I'm tired of the mods always being met with opposition and remarks like "well you didn't give us enough time" when I have NEVER heard someone make such an excuse before for not being able to make a poll.  If people didn't want to do it, just say so, instead of making some of the most hilarious excuses I've ever heard.  I've seen way too many polls that bring up sexual references, there is quite a bit of drama, and the worst part of all this is the regular users can say anything they want to a moderator.  However, if we say anything back, we're seen as tyrants and bad guys.  It gets very difficult to bite your tongue when we constantly have people that basically tell us "you're not doing your job well enough."  We continue to get criticized by people more than we get told we're doing a decent job.  The proverbial beating we take from most users, I feel, really isn't necessary, and sometimes we can't just bit our tongues.
Sure, I'll play  
#76 | 1528 days ago

NMboyzfan wrote:

Wow, 

As one of the 'regular contributors' of the locker room, I have to disagree with the whole "its not as fun as it used to be" mantra.  Some people don't contribute as much, if any at all, while others contribute more.  Granted, I haven't been around forever, but the polls don't seem to be any more meaningless than they were before.  Seriously...I haven't had to answer one poll this season about what my favorite color is.  For the record, it is still black, just like it was in the 17 season one polls about this topic.  Quite personally, I have no issue at all with the quality of the LR...it is what it is and if you expect more out of it, then put more into it.

Kramer, I'm not sure if you were blowing a little steam or what, but the whole "LR clique" thing is very cliche.  That is a group of people that interact with each other, and within that group there are, of course, sub-groups.  These sub-groups interact with each other, and they change complexities and characteristics with each new subject.

That's my take, for what it is worth.  I assure each and every one of you that I will continue to do my best to provide only the lowest quality polls.  In addition, I will review my substandard work thoroughly, and in the event that I should find that it contains anything considered to be 'decent' I will promptly shoot off the toes of my left foot one at a time.

Clapping Hands

Post a Comment   Already a user? Sign in here
Join FanIQ - It's Free
FanIQ is the ultimate free community for sports fans.
Talk sports with fans from all over - 1,649,417+ Comments
Track your game picks - 38,670,182,382+ Sports Predictions
Prove you know sports - 116,275+ Trivia Questions
Find fans of your teams - 11,453,110+ New Friends
30 DAY DRAWING CHALLENGE DAY 25
Asked by ms_hippie_queen | Locker Room, Miscellaneous | 1 questions asked 08/19/13
6 opinions | 3 comments | Last by woody050681
Go ahead make my day
Asked by 18packabs | Locker Room, Miscellaneous | 1 questions asked 05/08/12
29 opinions | 46 comments | Last by KSbengals99
When Crap Goes Wrong!!
Asked by BamaMan | Locker Room, Miscellaneous | 1 questions asked 07/25/12
20 opinions | 19 comments | Last by KSbengals99
Neighbors,Neighbors,Neighbors
Asked by CAPTAINSEAFOOD | Locker Room, Miscellaneous | 1 questions asked 05/14/12
24 opinions | 28 comments | Last by KSbengals99
Joke of the day 12/15
Asked by huskerdoug2009 | Locker Room, Miscellaneous | 1 questions asked 12/15/12
12 opinions | 5 comments | Last by KSbengals99