Skip to Next Poll »
24
**UFC**LIVE On Versus**Vera vs. Jones**Dos Santos vs. Gonzaga**3/21 (Edited 02/28/10 02:08PM by Michael_G)

**UFC**LIVE On Versus**Vera vs. Jones**Dos Santos vs. Gonzaga**3/21 <span style="font-size:12px;">(Edited 02/28/10 02:08PM by Michael_G)</span> Photo
Featured by: Pat at 2/12/10 8:08PM
Scored by Michael_G on 03/22/10 at 12:08AM | Closed on 03/21/10 at 09:00PM
FanIQ Pts? 8 | MMA, Brandon Vera, Gabriel Gonzaga | Multiple Choice Prediction Poll
Team Breakout:
Correct Answer34 Fans 
  1. Who wins? (10 points)
59%a. Brandon Vera (11-4)
Correct41%b. Jon Jones (9-1)
  2. Who wins? (10 points)
Correct71%a. Junior Dos Santos (10-1)
29%b. Gabriel Gonzaga (11-4)
  3. Who wins? (10 points)
Correct62%a. Cheick Kongo (24-6-1)
38%b. Paul Buentello (25-11)
  4. Who wins? (10 points)
Correct59%a. Anthony Johnson (8-3)
Correct41%b. John Howard (13-4)
  5. Who wins? (10 points)
Correct47%a. Duane Ludwig (27-10)
Correct53%b. Spencer Fisher (24-5)
  6. Who Wins? (10 points)
Correct32%a. Alessio Sakara (18-7)
68%b. James Irvin (14-5-1)
  7. Who Wins? (10 points)
Correct85%a. Clay Guida (25-8)
15%b. Shannon Gugerty (12-5)
  8. Who wins? (10 points)
24%a. Eliot Marshall (8-2)
Correct76%b. Vladimir Matyushenko (23-4)
  Tiebreaker: How many of the 8 fights end in submission or knockout
Correct 5

  
69 Comments | Sorted by Most Recent First | Red = You Disagreed
Vote for your favorite comments. Fans decide the Top Comment (3+ votes) and also hide poor quality comments (4+ votes).
#1 | 1652 days ago

I like Jon Jones in this one. I feel like he is on the fast track to becoming a superstar.   JDS wins this one as well.  Kongo needs this one or he'll be cut.  I think he comes out firing.  Anthony Johnson, IMO, is also in the win or else boat.  He needs to prepare himself the right way.  Clay Guida should be in lower level promotions.  This guy does nothing for me.  I know he has been training at MMA masters in Miami, and was getting owned.  I could mention names but I don't want to embarrass him.  He needs to learn a little standup or go home. 
1. Jon Jones (9-1)  2. Junior Dos Santos (10-1)  3. Cheick Kongo (24-6-1)  4. Anthony Johnson (8-3)  5. Duane Ludwig (27-10)  6. James Irvin (14-5-1)  7. Shannon Gugerty (12-5)  8. Eliot Marshall (8-2)  
#2 | 1652 days ago

jtrain11 wrote:
I like Jon Jones in this one. I feel like he is on the fast track to becoming a superstar.   JDS wins this one as well.  Kongo needs this one or he'll be cut.  I think he comes out firing.  Anthony Johnson, IMO, is also in the win or else boat.  He needs to prepare himself the right way.  Clay Guida should be in lower level promotions.  This guy does nothing for me.  I know he has been training at MMA masters in Miami, and was getting owned.  I could mention names but I don't want to embarrass him.  He needs to learn a little standup or go home. 
Couldn't have said it better. The only thing I'll add is that between Irvin & sakara..... someone's likely leaving prone.
1. Jon Jones (9-1)  2. Junior Dos Santos (10-1)  3. Paul Buentello (25-11)  4. Anthony Johnson (8-3)  5. Duane Ludwig (27-10)  6. James Irvin (14-5-1)  7. Clay Guida (25-8)  8. Eliot Marshall (8-2)  
#3 | 1651 days ago

There could be some upsets, but this seems to be a pretty straight-forward card in terms of predictibility.

You're right about Jones, him and Phi Davis are the future of the 205 division.
1. Jon Jones (9-1)  2. Junior Dos Santos (10-1)  3. Cheick Kongo (24-6-1)  4. Anthony Johnson (8-3)  5. Spencer Fisher (24-5)  6. Alessio Sakara (18-7)  7. Clay Guida (25-8)  8. Vladimir Matyushenko (23-4)  
#4 | 1651 days ago

johnsward66 wrote:
Couldn't have said it better. The only thing I'll add is that between Irvin & sakara..... someone's likely leaving prone.
I'm hoping for some highlight reel TKO's!
1. Jon Jones (9-1)  2. Junior Dos Santos (10-1)  3. Cheick Kongo (24-6-1)  4. Anthony Johnson (8-3)  5. Duane Ludwig (27-10)  6. James Irvin (14-5-1)  7. Shannon Gugerty (12-5)  8. Eliot Marshall (8-2)  
#5 | 1651 days ago

Jon Jones and JDS need the fights they deserve after these two. Big name fights on PPV
1. Jon Jones (9-1)  2. Junior Dos Santos (10-1)  3. Paul Buentello (25-11)  4. Anthony Johnson (8-3)  5. Spencer Fisher (24-5)  6. James Irvin (14-5-1)  7. Clay Guida (25-8)  8. Vladimir Matyushenko (23-4)  
#6 | 1648 days ago

(Edited by adrisoto86)
I can't see Brandon Vera losing two fights in a row. I say he takes it via split decision.
1. Brandon Vera (11-4)  2. Junior Dos Santos (10-1)  3. Paul Buentello (25-11)  4. Anthony Johnson (8-3)  5. Duane Ludwig (27-10)  6. James Irvin (14-5-1)  7. Clay Guida (25-8)  8. Vladimir Matyushenko (23-4)  
#7 | 1648 days ago

(Edited by adrisoto86)
Let's go Paul Buentello, the headhunter from Amarillo!!!!!
1. Brandon Vera (11-4)  2. Junior Dos Santos (10-1)  3. Paul Buentello (25-11)  4. Anthony Johnson (8-3)  5. Duane Ludwig (27-10)  6. James Irvin (14-5-1)  7. Clay Guida (25-8)  8. Vladimir Matyushenko (23-4)  
#8 | 1648 days ago

adrisoto86 wrote:
I can't see Brandon Vera losing two fights in a row. I say he takes it via split decision.
You shouldn't post comments while high on meth. Jon Jones going to lose? Are you serious right now?
1. Jon Jones (9-1)  2. Junior Dos Santos (10-1)  3. Cheick Kongo (24-6-1)  4. Anthony Johnson (8-3)  5. Spencer Fisher (24-5)  6. James Irvin (14-5-1)  7. Clay Guida (25-8)  8. Eliot Marshall (8-2)  
#9 | 1648 days ago

adrisoto86 wrote:
I can't see Brandon Vera losing two fights in a row. I say he takes it via split decision.
fabricio werdum and tim sylvia might disagree...
1. Jon Jones (9-1)  2. Junior Dos Santos (10-1)  3. Cheick Kongo (24-6-1)  4. Anthony Johnson (8-3)  5. Spencer Fisher (24-5)  6. James Irvin (14-5-1)  7. Clay Guida (25-8)  8. Eliot Marshall (8-2)  
#10 | 1638 days ago

hapkido_warrior wrote:
fabricio werdum and tim sylvia might disagree...
let me say that i can't see Brandon Vera losing two fights in a row now. as you should know Vera broke his hand in the 1st round against Sylvia and that was his first loss of his career. and everyone knows the Fabricio fight shouldn't have been stopped when it was.
1. Brandon Vera (11-4)  2. Junior Dos Santos (10-1)  3. Paul Buentello (25-11)  4. Anthony Johnson (8-3)  5. Duane Ludwig (27-10)  6. James Irvin (14-5-1)  7. Clay Guida (25-8)  8. Vladimir Matyushenko (23-4)  
#11 | 1638 days ago

KyleJCook6 wrote:
You shouldn't post comments while high on meth. Jon Jones going to lose? Are you serious right now?
the only one that was high was your mother while she was pregnant with you. there's no way Vera is losing again. he shouldn't have lost to Couture. and there's no way Paul Buentello is losing to sorry ass Cheick Kongo.
1. Brandon Vera (11-4)  2. Junior Dos Santos (10-1)  3. Paul Buentello (25-11)  4. Anthony Johnson (8-3)  5. Duane Ludwig (27-10)  6. James Irvin (14-5-1)  7. Clay Guida (25-8)  8. Vladimir Matyushenko (23-4)  
#12 | 1638 days ago

KyleJCook6 wrote:
You shouldn't post comments while high on meth. Jon Jones going to lose? Are you serious right now?
the only one that was high was your mother while she was pregnant with you. there's no way Vera is losing again. he shouldn't have lost to Couture. and there's no way Paul Buentello is losing to sorry ass Cheick Kongo.
1. Brandon Vera (11-4)  2. Junior Dos Santos (10-1)  3. Paul Buentello (25-11)  4. Anthony Johnson (8-3)  5. Duane Ludwig (27-10)  6. James Irvin (14-5-1)  7. Clay Guida (25-8)  8. Vladimir Matyushenko (23-4)  
#13 | 1638 days ago

adrisoto86 wrote:
the only one that was high was your mother while she was pregnant with you. there's no way Vera is losing again. he shouldn't have lost to Couture. and there's no way Paul Buentello is losing to sorry ass Cheick Kongo.
Vera definitely lost to couture and he WILL lose again. For the second time in a row i might add. And as for Buentello, i like him but his strinking isnt at the level of Kongo's. Kongo FTW.
1. Jon Jones (9-1)  2. Junior Dos Santos (10-1)  3. Paul Buentello (25-11)  4. Anthony Johnson (8-3)  5. Spencer Fisher (24-5)  6. James Irvin (14-5-1)  7. Clay Guida (25-8)  8. Vladimir Matyushenko (23-4)  
#14 | 1638 days ago

Why did i even pick Buentello in the first place
1. Jon Jones (9-1)  2. Junior Dos Santos (10-1)  3. Paul Buentello (25-11)  4. Anthony Johnson (8-3)  5. Spencer Fisher (24-5)  6. James Irvin (14-5-1)  7. Clay Guida (25-8)  8. Vladimir Matyushenko (23-4)  
#15 | 1638 days ago

adrisoto86 wrote:
the only one that was high was your mother while she was pregnant with you. there's no way Vera is losing again. he shouldn't have lost to Couture. and there's no way Paul Buentello is losing to sorry ass Cheick Kongo.
don't be ridiculous, your only argument is that...he lost that the last one so he's bound to win this one. Thats the worst logic i've ever heard, Jon jones is superior in every aspect to Vera and will destroy him. Randy controlled and dominated Vera the whole fight except for one or two flurries....By your logic i could say well the nets are bound to win their next game right? they've lost 7 in a row, it doesnt matter that their playing cleveland because they've never lost more than 7 fights in a row before. (i don't know if any of that was true, it was just an example)
1. Jon Jones (9-1)  2. Junior Dos Santos (10-1)  3. Cheick Kongo (24-6-1)  4. Anthony Johnson (8-3)  5. Spencer Fisher (24-5)  6. James Irvin (14-5-1)  7. Clay Guida (25-8)  8. Eliot Marshall (8-2)  
#16 | 1636 days ago

hapkido_warrior wrote:
don't be ridiculous, your only argument is that...he lost that the last one so he's bound to win this one. Thats the worst logic i've ever heard, Jon jones is superior in every aspect to Vera and will destroy him. Randy controlled and dominated Vera the whole fight except for one or two flurries....By your logic i could say well the nets are bound to win their next game right? they've lost 7 in a row, it doesnt matter that their playing cleveland because they've never lost more than 7 fights in a row before. (i don't know if any of that was true, it was just an example)
yeah your nets example is pretty stupid but anyway i'm not saying that he is bound to win this fight just cause he lost his last fight (which he shouldn't have), i'm saying he's not going to want to lose a 2nd fight in a row now. what fighter would?
1. Brandon Vera (11-4)  2. Junior Dos Santos (10-1)  3. Paul Buentello (25-11)  4. Anthony Johnson (8-3)  5. Duane Ludwig (27-10)  6. James Irvin (14-5-1)  7. Clay Guida (25-8)  8. Vladimir Matyushenko (23-4)  
#17 | 1636 days ago

(Edited by hapkido_warrior)
adrisoto86 wrote:
yeah your nets example is pretty stupid but anyway i'm not saying that he is bound to win this fight just cause he lost his last fight (which he shouldn't have), i'm saying he's not going to want to lose a 2nd fight in a row now. what fighter would?

well stupid people call for stupid examples, let me explain it more in depth if you don't understand. nets are the worst team in the NBA right now and are on a big losing streak..just because they're on the biggest losing streak of their season does not mean they will win their next game especially if it's against a team like the lakers. I was hoping you would understand a basketball analogy since you clearly don't grasp the concept that just because you don't ever lose twice it doesn't mean your guaranteed to win the next one. your right...no fighter would want to lose two...but no fighter would want to lose one. You don't get to the UFC by half assing your training unless your karo parisyan and that didn't last long anyway, Vera will not suddenly work way harder and come out as a brand new fighter; he's already working hard. Please, please tell me how Vera could have possibly won that fight...in any way...seriously, he got controlled and dominated the whole fight except for two flurries...did you watch it or did you just look up the summary or even worse just who won?

Your the only one i've ever heard try and claim randy didn't win that fight...some people have said it was dull but randy clearly won it.

1. Jon Jones (9-1)  2. Junior Dos Santos (10-1)  3. Cheick Kongo (24-6-1)  4. Anthony Johnson (8-3)  5. Spencer Fisher (24-5)  6. James Irvin (14-5-1)  7. Clay Guida (25-8)  8. Eliot Marshall (8-2)  
#18 | 1636 days ago

hapkido_warrior wrote:

well stupid people call for stupid examples, let me explain it more in depth if you don't understand. nets are the worst team in the NBA right now and are on a big losing streak..just because they're on the biggest losing streak of their season does not mean they will win their next game especially if it's against a team like the lakers. I was hoping you would understand a basketball analogy since you clearly don't grasp the concept that just because you don't ever lose twice it doesn't mean your guaranteed to win the next one. your right...no fighter would want to lose two...but no fighter would want to lose one. You don't get to the UFC by half assing your training unless your karo parisyan and that didn't last long anyway, Vera will not suddenly work way harder and come out as a brand new fighter; he's already working hard. Please, please tell me how Vera could have possibly won that fight...in any way...seriously, he got controlled and dominated the whole fight except for two flurries...did you watch it or did you just look up the summary or even worse just who won?

Your the only one i've ever heard try and claim randy didn't win that fight...some people have said it was dull but randy clearly won it.

duh dude it was free on Spike of course i watched it! and again your Nets example has absolutely nothing to do with the point I'm trying to get across. really i'm not even trying to make a point i'm just stating my opinion just like everyone else including you and i respect yours now respect mine and leave it alone.
1. Brandon Vera (11-4)  2. Junior Dos Santos (10-1)  3. Paul Buentello (25-11)  4. Anthony Johnson (8-3)  5. Duane Ludwig (27-10)  6. James Irvin (14-5-1)  7. Clay Guida (25-8)  8. Vladimir Matyushenko (23-4)  
#19 | 1636 days ago

adrisoto86 wrote:
duh dude it was free on Spike of course i watched it! and again your Nets example has absolutely nothing to do with the point I'm trying to get across. really i'm not even trying to make a point i'm just stating my opinion just like everyone else including you and i respect yours now respect mine and leave it alone.
It actually has everything to do with it, Vera is simply not good enough to beat Jon Jones...Jon jones has been destroying some really talented dudes like they were beginners, I haven't seen someone this talented win so one-sidedly since silva and machida (obviously the latter is not quite so one sided anymore since his last 'win' but before then he seemed untouchable)

this is a discussion website..if you want to just state opinions unchallenged i suggest you look into bloqqing. I wasn't going to be quite so aggressive about it until you went and made it personal with Kyle.
1. Jon Jones (9-1)  2. Junior Dos Santos (10-1)  3. Cheick Kongo (24-6-1)  4. Anthony Johnson (8-3)  5. Spencer Fisher (24-5)  6. James Irvin (14-5-1)  7. Clay Guida (25-8)  8. Eliot Marshall (8-2)  
#20 | 1636 days ago

hapkido_warrior wrote:
It actually has everything to do with it, Vera is simply not good enough to beat Jon Jones...Jon jones has been destroying some really talented dudes like they were beginners, I haven't seen someone this talented win so one-sidedly since silva and machida (obviously the latter is not quite so one sided anymore since his last 'win' but before then he seemed untouchable)

this is a discussion website..if you want to just state opinions unchallenged i suggest you look into bloqqing. I wasn't going to be quite so aggressive about it until you went and made it personal with Kyle.
aww...that's so sweet that you defend you friend on the internet. maybe you two can start you're own MMA website that way you can call everyone methheads and idiots and cry about judges, then you won't have to deal with people who don't always have the same opinions as you do, like me.

however i agree Jon Jones has been tearing every one of his opponents up, but who has opponents been? the only one that worth mentioning is Stephan Bonnar, that's about it. well I'll give Jake O'Brien some credit.

anyway i'll just leave it at that and i guess we'll wait till the 21st to find out what happens.
1. Brandon Vera (11-4)  2. Junior Dos Santos (10-1)  3. Paul Buentello (25-11)  4. Anthony Johnson (8-3)  5. Duane Ludwig (27-10)  6. James Irvin (14-5-1)  7. Clay Guida (25-8)  8. Vladimir Matyushenko (23-4)  
#21 | 1636 days ago

adrisoto86 wrote:
aww...that's so sweet that you defend you friend on the internet. maybe you two can start you're own MMA website that way you can call everyone methheads and idiots and cry about judges, then you won't have to deal with people who don't always have the same opinions as you do, like me.

however i agree Jon Jones has been tearing every one of his opponents up, but who has opponents been? the only one that worth mentioning is Stephan Bonnar, that's about it. well I'll give Jake O'Brien some credit.

anyway i'll just leave it at that and i guess we'll wait till the 21st to find out what happens.

that methhead thing clearly wasn't a personal attack, just an exaggeration on how outragous that claim was, then you got all edgy about it. Maybe thats the website you need to find if your going to get mad every time someone says your favorite fighters aren't going to win their next fight. If you know there isn't any reason that you think they'll win just say so rather then trying to make up some BS or just get all mad at that person.
also, ever heard of Jones fight against Matt hamill...i guess you thought that was a legit loss since you look your fights up on wikipedia if you think Vera won that fight against couture...but let me enlighten you, Jones destroyed Hamill and hamill got the win for a couple 12-6 elbows that were thrown at the end.

also, nice reply to how Vera won that fight against couture..i guess you actually looked at the summary then? realized Vera was destroyed for 3 rounds?

 

1. Jon Jones (9-1)  2. Junior Dos Santos (10-1)  3. Cheick Kongo (24-6-1)  4. Anthony Johnson (8-3)  5. Spencer Fisher (24-5)  6. James Irvin (14-5-1)  7. Clay Guida (25-8)  8. Eliot Marshall (8-2)  
#22 | 1636 days ago

hapkido_warrior wrote:

that methhead thing clearly wasn't a personal attack, just an exaggeration on how outragous that claim was, then you got all edgy about it. Maybe thats the website you need to find if your going to get mad every time someone says your favorite fighters aren't going to win their next fight. If you know there isn't any reason that you think they'll win just say so rather then trying to make up some BS or just get all mad at that person.
also, ever heard of Jones fight against Matt hamill...i guess you thought that was a legit loss since you look your fights up on wikipedia if you think Vera won that fight against couture...but let me enlighten you, Jones destroyed Hamill and hamill got the win for a couple 12-6 elbows that were thrown at the end.

also, nice reply to how Vera won that fight against couture..i guess you actually looked at the summary then? realized Vera was destroyed for 3 rounds?

 

uh huh and the whole mother being high wasn't personal either. oh and by the way Brandon Vera is not one of my favorite fighters, just cause i think he's going to win doesn't make him so. and not only did i hear about the Jon Jones fight with Hamill i also watched it. thanks for telling me something that i already knew about the elbows. lastly i don't have to reply with a reason why i think Vera won the Couture fight. I'm not obligated to tell you anything. you haven't explained why Couture won the fight. you just keep saying he destroyed Vera for 3 rounds. but he won by a split-decision. oh but don't reply cause i already know what you're going to say. the judges are idiots, blah, blah, blah. then you're going to say, "yeah you know nothing about mma/ufc, you look up everything on wikipedia blah, blah, blah". so go ahead and save your breath for the next poll cause i already know what you response is to this. thank you, have a nice day.
1. Brandon Vera (11-4)  2. Junior Dos Santos (10-1)  3. Paul Buentello (25-11)  4. Anthony Johnson (8-3)  5. Duane Ludwig (27-10)  6. James Irvin (14-5-1)  7. Clay Guida (25-8)  8. Vladimir Matyushenko (23-4)  
#23 | 1636 days ago

adrisoto86 wrote:
uh huh and the whole mother being high wasn't personal either. oh and by the way Brandon Vera is not one of my favorite fighters, just cause i think he's going to win doesn't make him so. and not only did i hear about the Jon Jones fight with Hamill i also watched it. thanks for telling me something that i already knew about the elbows. lastly i don't have to reply with a reason why i think Vera won the Couture fight. I'm not obligated to tell you anything. you haven't explained why Couture won the fight. you just keep saying he destroyed Vera for 3 rounds. but he won by a split-decision. oh but don't reply cause i already know what you're going to say. the judges are idiots, blah, blah, blah. then you're going to say, "yeah you know nothing about mma/ufc, you look up everything on wikipedia blah, blah, blah". so go ahead and save your breath for the next poll cause i already know what you response is to this. thank you, have a nice day.
Couture won that fight because he had Vera pushed up against the cage foe the better part of 15 whole minutes and he was in control for that whole period. The rules of the Octagon scoring system are based upon the basis of effective striking, grapling, aggression, and overall Octagon control. The active word in this instance being Octagon control.
1. Jon Jones (9-1)  2. Junior Dos Santos (10-1)  3. Paul Buentello (25-11)  4. Anthony Johnson (8-3)  5. Spencer Fisher (24-5)  6. James Irvin (14-5-1)  7. Clay Guida (25-8)  8. Vladimir Matyushenko (23-4)  
#24 | 1636 days ago

adrisoto86 wrote:
uh huh and the whole mother being high wasn't personal either. oh and by the way Brandon Vera is not one of my favorite fighters, just cause i think he's going to win doesn't make him so. and not only did i hear about the Jon Jones fight with Hamill i also watched it. thanks for telling me something that i already knew about the elbows. lastly i don't have to reply with a reason why i think Vera won the Couture fight. I'm not obligated to tell you anything. you haven't explained why Couture won the fight. you just keep saying he destroyed Vera for 3 rounds. but he won by a split-decision. oh but don't reply cause i already know what you're going to say. the judges are idiots, blah, blah, blah. then you're going to say, "yeah you know nothing about mma/ufc, you look up everything on wikipedia blah, blah, blah". so go ahead and save your breath for the next poll cause i already know what you response is to this. thank you, have a nice day.
how is that...you made no point with it other then insulting him.
your right, your not obligated because you are clearly wrong, if you can't back up a statement then don't expect anyone to agree with it. that's the simple fact, you can attack me all you want but without any facts you can't possibly expect anyone to agree with you or leave your opinions unchallenged on a discussion website.
1. Jon Jones (9-1)  2. Junior Dos Santos (10-1)  3. Cheick Kongo (24-6-1)  4. Anthony Johnson (8-3)  5. Spencer Fisher (24-5)  6. James Irvin (14-5-1)  7. Clay Guida (25-8)  8. Eliot Marshall (8-2)  
#25 | 1636 days ago

MacDoogie wrote:
Couture won that fight because he had Vera pushed up against the cage foe the better part of 15 whole minutes and he was in control for that whole period. The rules of the Octagon scoring system are based upon the basis of effective striking, grapling, aggression, and overall Octagon control. The active word in this instance being Octagon control.
not to mention the fact that he was unloading blows that whole time and threatening takedowns, making Vera work hard to stay on the feet.
1. Jon Jones (9-1)  2. Junior Dos Santos (10-1)  3. Cheick Kongo (24-6-1)  4. Anthony Johnson (8-3)  5. Spencer Fisher (24-5)  6. James Irvin (14-5-1)  7. Clay Guida (25-8)  8. Eliot Marshall (8-2)  
#26 | 1636 days ago

adrisoto86 wrote:
uh huh and the whole mother being high wasn't personal either. oh and by the way Brandon Vera is not one of my favorite fighters, just cause i think he's going to win doesn't make him so. and not only did i hear about the Jon Jones fight with Hamill i also watched it. thanks for telling me something that i already knew about the elbows. lastly i don't have to reply with a reason why i think Vera won the Couture fight. I'm not obligated to tell you anything. you haven't explained why Couture won the fight. you just keep saying he destroyed Vera for 3 rounds. but he won by a split-decision. oh but don't reply cause i already know what you're going to say. the judges are idiots, blah, blah, blah. then you're going to say, "yeah you know nothing about mma/ufc, you look up everything on wikipedia blah, blah, blah". so go ahead and save your breath for the next poll cause i already know what you response is to this. thank you, have a nice day.
i don't put statements on this site expecting people to agree with them, i never have and i never will. unlike you i don't bash people for not having the same opinion as myself. i think Vera won the fight against Randy, oh big whoop-ti-do!!! so what dude get over it. i don't have to explain why and unlike you i don't feel like i should try and impress people ON THE INTERNET by looking up facts and stats to look like i'm some MMA know-it-all cause i'm not. i'm just a normal fan like anyone else. people like you are what makes this site less fun because no one can say what they want or feel without getting their intelligence insulted. yes this is a discussion website but it's also supposed to fun and enjoyable. and if i insulted your friend with that comment why doesn't he say so? if he really feels insulted than i'll apologize, right after he apologizes for insulting me as well.
1. Brandon Vera (11-4)  2. Junior Dos Santos (10-1)  3. Paul Buentello (25-11)  4. Anthony Johnson (8-3)  5. Duane Ludwig (27-10)  6. James Irvin (14-5-1)  7. Clay Guida (25-8)  8. Vladimir Matyushenko (23-4)  
#27 | 1636 days ago

adrisoto86 wrote:
i don't put statements on this site expecting people to agree with them, i never have and i never will. unlike you i don't bash people for not having the same opinion as myself. i think Vera won the fight against Randy, oh big whoop-ti-do!!! so what dude get over it. i don't have to explain why and unlike you i don't feel like i should try and impress people ON THE INTERNET by looking up facts and stats to look like i'm some MMA know-it-all cause i'm not. i'm just a normal fan like anyone else. people like you are what makes this site less fun because no one can say what they want or feel without getting their intelligence insulted. yes this is a discussion website but it's also supposed to fun and enjoyable. and if i insulted your friend with that comment why doesn't he say so? if he really feels insulted than i'll apologize, right after he apologizes for insulting me as well.
yeah...this is exactly my point, i come here to discuss MMA where you are, right now, attacking me for disagreeing with you. Save your weak flames, i doubt you insulted him, i just decided if you wanted to make things personal right away when someone disagreed with you, i would do the same.
1. Jon Jones (9-1)  2. Junior Dos Santos (10-1)  3. Cheick Kongo (24-6-1)  4. Anthony Johnson (8-3)  5. Spencer Fisher (24-5)  6. James Irvin (14-5-1)  7. Clay Guida (25-8)  8. Eliot Marshall (8-2)  
#28 | 1636 days ago

hapkido_warrior wrote:
yeah...this is exactly my point, i come here to discuss MMA where you are, right now, attacking me for disagreeing with you. Save your weak flames, i doubt you insulted him, i just decided if you wanted to make things personal right away when someone disagreed with you, i would do the same.
uh i guess i have to keep repeating myself to you. like i said in my last post i don't put statements on here so people can agree with me. and i could give a damn if you agree with me or not. but you attack me for disagreeing with you about Vera/Couture and you also attacked me back during Machida/Rua 1. you're the only person i have ever met on this site that repeatedly attacks people over a stupid little disagreement over a fight. you don't just do it to me but to others as well. i read MMA posts all the time. if you can't get over this than you have serious mental issues. i'm just gonna leave it at that. i have no more responses for you cause there's really no point and this shit's getting old.
1. Brandon Vera (11-4)  2. Junior Dos Santos (10-1)  3. Paul Buentello (25-11)  4. Anthony Johnson (8-3)  5. Duane Ludwig (27-10)  6. James Irvin (14-5-1)  7. Clay Guida (25-8)  8. Vladimir Matyushenko (23-4)  
#29 | 1636 days ago

adrisoto86 wrote:
uh i guess i have to keep repeating myself to you. like i said in my last post i don't put statements on here so people can agree with me. and i could give a damn if you agree with me or not. but you attack me for disagreeing with you about Vera/Couture and you also attacked me back during Machida/Rua 1. you're the only person i have ever met on this site that repeatedly attacks people over a stupid little disagreement over a fight. you don't just do it to me but to others as well. i read MMA posts all the time. if you can't get over this than you have serious mental issues. i'm just gonna leave it at that. i have no more responses for you cause there's really no point and this shit's getting old.
I argue over opinions...not attack people, this is a discussion website; if you don't give a damn what other people think about your opinions then don't post them.
1. Jon Jones (9-1)  2. Junior Dos Santos (10-1)  3. Cheick Kongo (24-6-1)  4. Anthony Johnson (8-3)  5. Spencer Fisher (24-5)  6. James Irvin (14-5-1)  7. Clay Guida (25-8)  8. Eliot Marshall (8-2)  
#30 | 1636 days ago

(Edited by KyleJCook6)
adrisoto86 wrote:
the only one that was high was your mother while she was pregnant with you. there's no way Vera is losing again. he shouldn't have lost to Couture. and there's no way Paul Buentello is losing to sorry ass Cheick Kongo.
Disregard that respect i accidently gave you. You may say that Vera shouldn't have lost to Randy, but Vera also shouldn't have beaten Mir because at that time Mir still wasn't back to 100%. I would like to see Mir fight Vera now and see who wins.
1. Jon Jones (9-1)  2. Junior Dos Santos (10-1)  3. Cheick Kongo (24-6-1)  4. Anthony Johnson (8-3)  5. Spencer Fisher (24-5)  6. James Irvin (14-5-1)  7. Clay Guida (25-8)  8. Eliot Marshall (8-2)  
#31 | 1636 days ago

(Edited by adrisoto86)
KyleJCook6 wrote:
Disregard that respect i accidently gave you. You may say that Vera shouldn't have lost to Randy, but Vera also shouldn't have beaten Mir because at that time Mir still wasn't back to 100%. I would like to see Mir fight Vera now and see who wins.
Mir would destroy Vera.

Especially with that extra muscle he's added.
1. Brandon Vera (11-4)  2. Junior Dos Santos (10-1)  3. Paul Buentello (25-11)  4. Anthony Johnson (8-3)  5. Duane Ludwig (27-10)  6. James Irvin (14-5-1)  7. Clay Guida (25-8)  8. Vladimir Matyushenko (23-4)  
#32 | 1635 days ago

adrisoto86 wrote:
uh i guess i have to keep repeating myself to you. like i said in my last post i don't put statements on here so people can agree with me. and i could give a damn if you agree with me or not. but you attack me for disagreeing with you about Vera/Couture and you also attacked me back during Machida/Rua 1. you're the only person i have ever met on this site that repeatedly attacks people over a stupid little disagreement over a fight. you don't just do it to me but to others as well. i read MMA posts all the time. if you can't get over this than you have serious mental issues. i'm just gonna leave it at that. i have no more responses for you cause there's really no point and this shit's getting old.
The point a forum based site is to express and defend your stance on a topic. Obviously Hapkido and I are huge MMA fans and we will defend our opinion if another opinion arises, not because it is a personal attack on you, but because we believe it is right. A forum is meant to have opposing views and a view needs to have sufficient evidence behind it or it is invalid. And plus why would you think he attacked you in the first place? 
1. Jon Jones (9-1)  2. Junior Dos Santos (10-1)  3. Paul Buentello (25-11)  4. Anthony Johnson (8-3)  5. Spencer Fisher (24-5)  6. James Irvin (14-5-1)  7. Clay Guida (25-8)  8. Vladimir Matyushenko (23-4)  
#33 | 1635 days ago

MacDoogie wrote:
The point a forum based site is to express and defend your stance on a topic. Obviously Hapkido and I are huge MMA fans and we will defend our opinion if another opinion arises, not because it is a personal attack on you, but because we believe it is right. A forum is meant to have opposing views and a view needs to have sufficient evidence behind it or it is invalid. And plus why would you think he attacked you in the first place? 
i've been apart of FanIQ for a long time now and i know exactly what it's here for. i understand that people will have different views and opinions on here. like i said a thousand times in my previous posts i don't expect anyone to agree with me. however if you're going to disagree with me you can do it in a mature fashion. don't reply with some stupid comment referring that i smoke meth. be grown up about it. and i know that you guys are huge MMA fans and you are also Randy Couture fans which is the reason for the attacks, just cause i thought he lost to Vera. if it was any other fighter this conversation would have been over days ago. and thats another reason why i don't back up that argument with anything because no matter what i say you guys will just reply back with "oh Randy destroyed Vera blah blah blah". and he did win. so there's really no point for me to blab on about why i think Vera won. get over it and move on.
1. Brandon Vera (11-4)  2. Junior Dos Santos (10-1)  3. Paul Buentello (25-11)  4. Anthony Johnson (8-3)  5. Duane Ludwig (27-10)  6. James Irvin (14-5-1)  7. Clay Guida (25-8)  8. Vladimir Matyushenko (23-4)  
#34 | 1635 days ago

adrisoto86 wrote:
i've been apart of FanIQ for a long time now and i know exactly what it's here for. i understand that people will have different views and opinions on here. like i said a thousand times in my previous posts i don't expect anyone to agree with me. however if you're going to disagree with me you can do it in a mature fashion. don't reply with some stupid comment referring that i smoke meth. be grown up about it. and i know that you guys are huge MMA fans and you are also Randy Couture fans which is the reason for the attacks, just cause i thought he lost to Vera. if it was any other fighter this conversation would have been over days ago. and thats another reason why i don't back up that argument with anything because no matter what i say you guys will just reply back with "oh Randy destroyed Vera blah blah blah". and he did win. so there's really no point for me to blab on about why i think Vera won. get over it and move on.
oh Randy destroyed Vera.
1. Jon Jones (9-1)  2. Junior Dos Santos (10-1)  3. Cheick Kongo (24-6-1)  4. Anthony Johnson (8-3)  5. Spencer Fisher (24-5)  6. James Irvin (14-5-1)  7. Clay Guida (25-8)  8. Eliot Marshall (8-2)  
#35 | 1635 days ago

don't even bother, clearly there is a problem here differentiating between clean debate over an issue and a personal attack.
1. Jon Jones (9-1)  2. Junior Dos Santos (10-1)  3. Cheick Kongo (24-6-1)  4. Anthony Johnson (8-3)  5. Spencer Fisher (24-5)  6. James Irvin (14-5-1)  7. Clay Guida (25-8)  8. Eliot Marshall (8-2)  
#36 | 1634 days ago

(Edited by adrisoto86)
KyleJCook6 wrote:
oh Randy destroyed Vera.
lol...see what i mean? but if that's a serious statement you're making and you think that clinching up with a guy and doing alot of dirty boxing that didn't cause any major damage at all is destroying a guy...well damn i really have no response to that other than Randy is a fan favorite in the roar of the crowd and in the eyes of every judge, which is the main reason I think he really won that fight. Vera almost knocked him out in the 1st round but Couture recovered well. Vera also cause more damage by his leg kicks to Randy's mid-section. i thought he also had good take-down defense. there i said it. now leave it alone.
1. Brandon Vera (11-4)  2. Junior Dos Santos (10-1)  3. Paul Buentello (25-11)  4. Anthony Johnson (8-3)  5. Duane Ludwig (27-10)  6. James Irvin (14-5-1)  7. Clay Guida (25-8)  8. Vladimir Matyushenko (23-4)  
#37 | 1634 days ago

of course after all this hubbub, Vera is probably guaranteed to win that fight. I said Gonzaga would never KO crocop, especially not with a head kick. I said shogun didn't stand a chance with machida and I said that there was no chance that Cain would KO Noguiera...
1. Jon Jones (9-1)  2. Junior Dos Santos (10-1)  3. Cheick Kongo (24-6-1)  4. Anthony Johnson (8-3)  5. Spencer Fisher (24-5)  6. James Irvin (14-5-1)  7. Clay Guida (25-8)  8. Eliot Marshall (8-2)  
#38 | 1634 days ago

adrisoto86 wrote:
lol...see what i mean? but if that's a serious statement you're making and you think that clinching up with a guy and doing alot of dirty boxing that didn't cause any major damage at all is destroying a guy...well damn i really have no response to that other than Randy is a fan favorite in the roar of the crowd and in the eyes of every judge, which is the main reason I think he really won that fight. Vera almost knocked him out in the 1st round but Couture recovered well. Vera also cause more damage by his leg kicks to Randy's mid-section. i thought he also had good take-down defense. there i said it. now leave it alone.
but how much is a couple flurries (counting the good bodyshot and the 'almost' KO he landed) when compared to being controlled, both in position and in octagon placement for 3 rounds. Vera looked reasonably damaged after the fight, no one can argue that randy's dirty boxing/ clinch game isn't damaging. Randy was able to take him down at least once (if not more then that to my memory) and i don't think he was doing more then threatening those takedowns, you don't get any points for takedown defense unless you gain a better position through it...and he just wasted more energy. he dominated his positioning and landed far more blows on him, AND took him down....do you honestly consider two impressive flurries the equal of that?
1. Jon Jones (9-1)  2. Junior Dos Santos (10-1)  3. Cheick Kongo (24-6-1)  4. Anthony Johnson (8-3)  5. Spencer Fisher (24-5)  6. James Irvin (14-5-1)  7. Clay Guida (25-8)  8. Eliot Marshall (8-2)  
#39 | 1634 days ago

hapkido_warrior wrote:
but how much is a couple flurries (counting the good bodyshot and the 'almost' KO he landed) when compared to being controlled, both in position and in octagon placement for 3 rounds. Vera looked reasonably damaged after the fight, no one can argue that randy's dirty boxing/ clinch game isn't damaging. Randy was able to take him down at least once (if not more then that to my memory) and i don't think he was doing more then threatening those takedowns, you don't get any points for takedown defense unless you gain a better position through it...and he just wasted more energy. he dominated his positioning and landed far more blows on him, AND took him down....do you honestly consider two impressive flurries the equal of that?
not really. but if you're in a close fight (a fight that could go either way) and you're name is Randy Couture, you're going to win, cause you're Randy Couture.
1. Brandon Vera (11-4)  2. Junior Dos Santos (10-1)  3. Paul Buentello (25-11)  4. Anthony Johnson (8-3)  5. Duane Ludwig (27-10)  6. James Irvin (14-5-1)  7. Clay Guida (25-8)  8. Vladimir Matyushenko (23-4)  
#40 | 1634 days ago

adrisoto86 wrote:
not really. but if you're in a close fight (a fight that could go either way) and you're name is Randy Couture, you're going to win, cause you're Randy Couture.
but if you don't think those are close, score wise, then it wouldn't matter. I won't argue that randy probably gets a little favoritism on the cards (although seemingly from only 2/3 of the judges), being as popular as he is but i didn't see Vera as even close.
1. Jon Jones (9-1)  2. Junior Dos Santos (10-1)  3. Cheick Kongo (24-6-1)  4. Anthony Johnson (8-3)  5. Spencer Fisher (24-5)  6. James Irvin (14-5-1)  7. Clay Guida (25-8)  8. Eliot Marshall (8-2)  
#41 | 1633 days ago

hapkido_warrior wrote:
but if you don't think those are close, score wise, then it wouldn't matter. I won't argue that randy probably gets a little favoritism on the cards (although seemingly from only 2/3 of the judges), being as popular as he is but i didn't see Vera as even close.
i did and so did a lot of other people.
1. Brandon Vera (11-4)  2. Junior Dos Santos (10-1)  3. Paul Buentello (25-11)  4. Anthony Johnson (8-3)  5. Duane Ludwig (27-10)  6. James Irvin (14-5-1)  7. Clay Guida (25-8)  8. Vladimir Matyushenko (23-4)  
#42 | 1633 days ago

(Edited by hapkido_warrior)
adrisoto86 wrote:
i did and so did a lot of other people.
again, you don't defend that statement at all....you said yourself that those two flurries, no matter how impressive don't match up to getting dominated and controlled for 3 rounds in a clinch. and a takedown.
1. Jon Jones (9-1)  2. Junior Dos Santos (10-1)  3. Cheick Kongo (24-6-1)  4. Anthony Johnson (8-3)  5. Spencer Fisher (24-5)  6. James Irvin (14-5-1)  7. Clay Guida (25-8)  8. Eliot Marshall (8-2)  
#43 | 1632 days ago

(Edited by adrisoto86)
hapkido_warrior wrote:
again, you don't defend that statement at all....you said yourself that those two flurries, no matter how impressive don't match up to getting dominated and controlled for 3 rounds in a clinch. and a takedown.
i don't think Vera only had 2 flurries..that's what i meant. and your exact words in an earlier post were "Your the only one i've ever heard try and claim randy didn't win that fight..." but if you google that fight i can guarantee that you will find some people out there that feels the same way as i do.
1. Brandon Vera (11-4)  2. Junior Dos Santos (10-1)  3. Paul Buentello (25-11)  4. Anthony Johnson (8-3)  5. Duane Ludwig (27-10)  6. James Irvin (14-5-1)  7. Clay Guida (25-8)  8. Vladimir Matyushenko (23-4)  
#44 | 1632 days ago

adrisoto86 wrote:
i don't think Vera only had 2 flurries..that's what i meant. and your exact words in an earlier post were "Your the only one i've ever heard try and claim randy didn't win that fight..." but if you google that fight i can guarantee that you will find some people out there that feels the same way as i do.

yes but what i said still stands...i haven't looked that up but i talk to a lot of guys who talk about this and radio shows etc. Never heard that claim, i could google so and so should of won any fight and would get some bloq results...that's not any meaningful data.  Vera came out with a high kick, one-two combo..which didn't land (atleast effectively) and couture got the clinch in, got him up against the cage and controlled and threw knees and punches..Vera countered occasionally with knees, they get split up..Couture clinches and takes him down again. In round 2 Vera landed the first of his effective flurries which brough couture to the ground but Couture stopped him flat on the ground and they got back up and Couture clinched up again...third round Vera landed the powerful body kick that knocked couture down..then he got back up before Vera really capitalized, clinch up and couture starts controlling and throwing knees and punches again.

so overall, he landed the two effective flurries, one highly ineffective flurry and occasional knees from a dominated position. vs couture's three rounds of control and more effective blows against the cage.

1. Jon Jones (9-1)  2. Junior Dos Santos (10-1)  3. Cheick Kongo (24-6-1)  4. Anthony Johnson (8-3)  5. Spencer Fisher (24-5)  6. James Irvin (14-5-1)  7. Clay Guida (25-8)  8. Eliot Marshall (8-2)  
#45 | 1632 days ago

hapkido_warrior wrote:

yes but what i said still stands...i haven't looked that up but i talk to a lot of guys who talk about this and radio shows etc. Never heard that claim, i could google so and so should of won any fight and would get some bloq results...that's not any meaningful data.  Vera came out with a high kick, one-two combo..which didn't land (atleast effectively) and couture got the clinch in, got him up against the cage and controlled and threw knees and punches..Vera countered occasionally with knees, they get split up..Couture clinches and takes him down again. In round 2 Vera landed the first of his effective flurries which brough couture to the ground but Couture stopped him flat on the ground and they got back up and Couture clinched up again...third round Vera landed the powerful body kick that knocked couture down..then he got back up before Vera really capitalized, clinch up and couture starts controlling and throwing knees and punches again.

so overall, he landed the two effective flurries, one highly ineffective flurry and occasional knees from a dominated position. vs couture's three rounds of control and more effective blows against the cage.

yeah i'm not even going to read all that. it looks as if you decided to write you're own personal summary of the fight but you think i didn't watch so i guess that's why you decided to write all that crap. but what you said doesn't stand with me because in my opinion it was a very ignorant statement. whether the data you get on google is meaningful or not there are still others out there that think Vera won. why don't you go and attack them now.
1. Brandon Vera (11-4)  2. Junior Dos Santos (10-1)  3. Paul Buentello (25-11)  4. Anthony Johnson (8-3)  5. Duane Ludwig (27-10)  6. James Irvin (14-5-1)  7. Clay Guida (25-8)  8. Vladimir Matyushenko (23-4)  
#46 | 1632 days ago

adrisoto86 wrote:
yeah i'm not even going to read all that. it looks as if you decided to write you're own personal summary of the fight but you think i didn't watch so i guess that's why you decided to write all that crap. but what you said doesn't stand with me because in my opinion it was a very ignorant statement. whether the data you get on google is meaningful or not there are still others out there that think Vera won. why don't you go and attack them now.
if you mean by 'my personal summary' you mean the summary of the actual fight then yes. I would refer to that as feasible evidence...clear facts, i never said you didn't watch. I had to re-look up the summary myself to clarify, again you can play the 'go attack other people' all you want but this is a discussion website...i am discussing that and have provided the most powerful tool in discussion...information!
just saying other people agree with me is no statement of reality...52 percent of people can name 2 characters in the simpsons but only 28 percent could name more than one of the freedoms granted to them in the bill of rights. Majority is no guarantee of accuracy. considering i have provided actual data and you haven't said anything to back your argument except attempts to 'attack' my personal character the only one missing meaningful data is you.
1. Jon Jones (9-1)  2. Junior Dos Santos (10-1)  3. Cheick Kongo (24-6-1)  4. Anthony Johnson (8-3)  5. Spencer Fisher (24-5)  6. James Irvin (14-5-1)  7. Clay Guida (25-8)  8. Eliot Marshall (8-2)  
#47 | 1631 days ago

(Edited by adrisoto86)
hapkido_warrior wrote:
if you mean by 'my personal summary' you mean the summary of the actual fight then yes. I would refer to that as feasible evidence...clear facts, i never said you didn't watch. I had to re-look up the summary myself to clarify, again you can play the 'go attack other people' all you want but this is a discussion website...i am discussing that and have provided the most powerful tool in discussion...information!
just saying other people agree with me is no statement of reality...52 percent of people can name 2 characters in the simpsons but only 28 percent could name more than one of the freedoms granted to them in the bill of rights. Majority is no guarantee of accuracy. considering i have provided actual data and you haven't said anything to back your argument except attempts to 'attack' my personal character the only one missing meaningful data is you.
i mean your personal summary as in your opinion of what happened in the fight. and yes you did say i didn't watch the fight or at least you assumed. as i recall i'm the one that looks up the fights on wikipedia. ah but i guess it's you who actually looks up summaries of the fight. ok. and let me clarify when i say that other people agree with me is my defense to you saying i'm not defending my previous post when i said "i did and so did a lot of other people" when you stated your opinion that the fight was not close. google, that's all i have to say and you'll get other opinions on it besides mine. like i said before i don't have to come on here and pretend i know everything about mma/ufc and look up stats and try to impress people like you. like bringing up stats about the simpsons and the nets that don't even have anything to do with the thread. all you do is insult people's intelligence and try to start arguments about the silliest most dumbest things. yes this is a discussion website not an insult website. i'm now done with this conversation.
1. Brandon Vera (11-4)  2. Junior Dos Santos (10-1)  3. Paul Buentello (25-11)  4. Anthony Johnson (8-3)  5. Duane Ludwig (27-10)  6. James Irvin (14-5-1)  7. Clay Guida (25-8)  8. Vladimir Matyushenko (23-4)  
#48 | 1631 days ago

adrisoto86 wrote:
i mean your personal summary as in your opinion of what happened in the fight. and yes you did say i didn't watch the fight or at least you assumed. as i recall i'm the one that looks up the fights on wikipedia. ah but i guess it's you who actually looks up summaries of the fight. ok. and let me clarify when i say that other people agree with me is my defense to you saying i'm not defending my previous post when i said "i did and so did a lot of other people" when you stated your opinion that the fight was not close. google, that's all i have to say and you'll get other opinions on it besides mine. like i said before i don't have to come on here and pretend i know everything about mma/ufc and look up stats and try to impress people like you. like bringing up stats about the simpsons and the nets that don't even have anything to do with the thread. all you do is insult people's intelligence and try to start arguments about the silliest most dumbest things. yes this is a discussion website not an insult website. i'm now done with this conversation.
so you are defending..points that i am no longer making. That are totally moot at this point? Yes, I make sure what i'm saying is true before i say it, and now your just doing the same thing again, i don't 'look up stats to impress people' i'm arguing over points where as you are just straight arguing. Yet, i am the one insulting people...that is all you have done so far...in EVERY single one of your 'arguments'. They do have something to do with the thread...you clearly don't grasp the concept of examples as both...very obvious examples have gone clear over your head. Your only argument is some people agree with you...okay. tell you what, see if this example helps

Obama is a communist, Muslim bent on world destruction
sources: google, look it up

Bush blew up the Twin towers to go get oil in Iraq
sources: google, look it up

I assume you disagree severely with one or both of those...yet, thats odd! there are tons of people making that claim online.
Make your own discussion...and get your own reasons. if you consider discussing the THREAD TOPICS to be 'try (ing) to start arguments about the silliest most dumbest (most dumbest?) things" then yes i suppose i do. But then I would say the majority of those who visit this website are guilty of that same crime...
1. Jon Jones (9-1)  2. Junior Dos Santos (10-1)  3. Cheick Kongo (24-6-1)  4. Anthony Johnson (8-3)  5. Spencer Fisher (24-5)  6. James Irvin (14-5-1)  7. Clay Guida (25-8)  8. Eliot Marshall (8-2)  
#49 | 1631 days ago

adrisoto86 wrote:
i mean your personal summary as in your opinion of what happened in the fight. and yes you did say i didn't watch the fight or at least you assumed. as i recall i'm the one that looks up the fights on wikipedia. ah but i guess it's you who actually looks up summaries of the fight. ok. and let me clarify when i say that other people agree with me is my defense to you saying i'm not defending my previous post when i said "i did and so did a lot of other people" when you stated your opinion that the fight was not close. google, that's all i have to say and you'll get other opinions on it besides mine. like i said before i don't have to come on here and pretend i know everything about mma/ufc and look up stats and try to impress people like you. like bringing up stats about the simpsons and the nets that don't even have anything to do with the thread. all you do is insult people's intelligence and try to start arguments about the silliest most dumbest things. yes this is a discussion website not an insult website. i'm now done with this conversation.
also since you edited this ot address ONE thing i said, I will address your response. it is actually not my personal summary...that was the summary paraphrased almost directly from a website that thought Vera won the fight.
http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=9993&zoneid=2

although, sherdog and the majority of the more legitimate sites don't think Vera won, the 'personal summary' i made was paraphrasing someone who agreed with you, which clearly supports my point. The author obviously thinks Vera's counters and couple flurries were worth more then Randy's grappling and dirty boxing dominance...where you have just stated Vera did more then that and that i'm making up summaries.
1. Jon Jones (9-1)  2. Junior Dos Santos (10-1)  3. Cheick Kongo (24-6-1)  4. Anthony Johnson (8-3)  5. Spencer Fisher (24-5)  6. James Irvin (14-5-1)  7. Clay Guida (25-8)  8. Eliot Marshall (8-2)  
#50 | 1631 days ago

hapkido_warrior wrote:
also since you edited this ot address ONE thing i said, I will address your response. it is actually not my personal summary...that was the summary paraphrased almost directly from a website that thought Vera won the fight.
http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=9993&zoneid=2

although, sherdog and the majority of the more legitimate sites don't think Vera won, the 'personal summary' i made was paraphrasing someone who agreed with you, which clearly supports my point. The author obviously thinks Vera's counters and couple flurries were worth more then Randy's grappling and dirty boxing dominance...where you have just stated Vera did more then that and that i'm making up summaries.
wow. you really have no life do you? but props on the research though. you deserve a pat on the back.
1. Brandon Vera (11-4)  2. Junior Dos Santos (10-1)  3. Paul Buentello (25-11)  4. Anthony Johnson (8-3)  5. Duane Ludwig (27-10)  6. James Irvin (14-5-1)  7. Clay Guida (25-8)  8. Vladimir Matyushenko (23-4)  
#51 | 1631 days ago

(Edited by johnsward66)

1. Jon Jones (9-1)  2. Junior Dos Santos (10-1)  3. Paul Buentello (25-11)  4. Anthony Johnson (8-3)  5. Duane Ludwig (27-10)  6. James Irvin (14-5-1)  7. Clay Guida (25-8)  8. Eliot Marshall (8-2)  
#52 | 1631 days ago

(Edited by johnsward66)
hapkido_warrior wrote:

yes but what i said still stands...i haven't looked that up but i talk to a lot of guys who talk about this and radio shows etc. Never heard that claim, i could google so and so should of won any fight and would get some bloq results...that's not any meaningful data.  Vera came out with a high kick, one-two combo..which didn't land (atleast effectively) and couture got the clinch in, got him up against the cage and controlled and threw knees and punches..Vera countered occasionally with knees, they get split up..Couture clinches and takes him down again. In round 2 Vera landed the first of his effective flurries which brough couture to the ground but Couture stopped him flat on the ground and they got back up and Couture clinched up again...third round Vera landed the powerful body kick that knocked couture down..then he got back up before Vera really capitalized, clinch up and couture starts controlling and throwing knees and punches again.

so overall, he landed the two effective flurries, one highly ineffective flurry and occasional knees from a dominated position. vs couture's three rounds of control and more effective blows against the cage.

Back in the 60s there was a chess world champion named Tigran Petrosian who's style was known to be the art of preventing his opponent from taking the game in any meaningful direction while waiting for his opponent to become so frustrated that they would commit some small error which he could grind into a slow tedious win. God knows, I hated his boring methods. I'm afraid I must confess that I feel much the same way about the "hold 'em up  against the cage method", either standing or on the ground. That's why truth to tell; I really prefer the ring to the cage.
1. Jon Jones (9-1)  2. Junior Dos Santos (10-1)  3. Paul Buentello (25-11)  4. Anthony Johnson (8-3)  5. Duane Ludwig (27-10)  6. James Irvin (14-5-1)  7. Clay Guida (25-8)  8. Eliot Marshall (8-2)  
#53 | 1631 days ago

adrisoto86 wrote:
wow. you really have no life do you? but props on the research though. you deserve a pat on the back.
lol and i'm the one insulting people...all that took was "couture vs vera play by play" and it was the first result. You are really pathetic you know that, you claim you don't care what anyone thinks of your opinions and that you don't get mad when people disagree and here you go, saying nothing about your opinion and just 'attacking' people as you so put it. This is one of the saddest displays of an attempt to gather pity from an online website, i wish you good luck in your affairs.
1. Jon Jones (9-1)  2. Junior Dos Santos (10-1)  3. Cheick Kongo (24-6-1)  4. Anthony Johnson (8-3)  5. Spencer Fisher (24-5)  6. James Irvin (14-5-1)  7. Clay Guida (25-8)  8. Eliot Marshall (8-2)  
#54 | 1631 days ago

johnsward66 wrote:
Back in the 60s there was a chess world champion named Tigran Petrosian who's style was known to be the art of preventing his opponent from taking the game in any meaningful direction while waiting for his opponent to become so frustrated that they would commit some small error which he could grind into a slow tedious win. God knows, I hated his boring methods. I'm afraid I must confess that I feel much the same way about the "hold 'em up  against the cage method", either standing or on the ground. That's why truth to tell; I really prefer the ring to the cage.
I agree, i completely prefer the ring, the cage was brought in to give some shiny appeal to MMA but the ring really made for better fights. Still, I think couture did what he needed to do, it may be boring to watch but he exhausts and beats down on his opponent and I'm not gonna get mad for someone doing what they need to win.
but i agree, i think the ring should be brought back.
1. Jon Jones (9-1)  2. Junior Dos Santos (10-1)  3. Cheick Kongo (24-6-1)  4. Anthony Johnson (8-3)  5. Spencer Fisher (24-5)  6. James Irvin (14-5-1)  7. Clay Guida (25-8)  8. Eliot Marshall (8-2)  
#55 | 1631 days ago

hapkido_warrior wrote:
lol and i'm the one insulting people...all that took was "couture vs vera play by play" and it was the first result. You are really pathetic you know that, you claim you don't care what anyone thinks of your opinions and that you don't get mad when people disagree and here you go, saying nothing about your opinion and just 'attacking' people as you so put it. This is one of the saddest displays of an attempt to gather pity from an online website, i wish you good luck in your affairs.
what's pathetic is that you actually did research just to try to get back at me. and for what? because of my stupid opinion that differs from yours. that's just hilarious but yet very sad at the same time.
1. Brandon Vera (11-4)  2. Junior Dos Santos (10-1)  3. Paul Buentello (25-11)  4. Anthony Johnson (8-3)  5. Duane Ludwig (27-10)  6. James Irvin (14-5-1)  7. Clay Guida (25-8)  8. Vladimir Matyushenko (23-4)  
#56 | 1631 days ago

(Edited by hapkido_warrior)
adrisoto86 wrote:
what's pathetic is that you actually did research just to try to get back at me. and for what? because of my stupid opinion that differs from yours. that's just hilarious but yet very sad at the same time.
thats not 'to get back at you' that is called defending my opinion because you repeatedly said you didn't believe me or i was wrong....
say what you want but all you've done here is insult people and try and get pity respect from people.

by the way, isn't this like the 11th time you've been 'done' with this conversation? but i suppose that would be letting reasonable people have their 'victory' right?
1. Jon Jones (9-1)  2. Junior Dos Santos (10-1)  3. Cheick Kongo (24-6-1)  4. Anthony Johnson (8-3)  5. Spencer Fisher (24-5)  6. James Irvin (14-5-1)  7. Clay Guida (25-8)  8. Eliot Marshall (8-2)  
#57 | 1631 days ago

hapkido_warrior wrote:
thats not 'to get back at you' that is called defending my opinion because you repeatedly said you didn't believe me or i was wrong....
say what you want but all you've done here is insult people and try and get pity respect from people.

by the way, isn't this like the 11th time you've been 'done' with this conversation? but i suppose that would be letting reasonable people have their 'victory' right?
this is the internet dude. i don't want respect from you or anyone else on this site. that's not what i use FanIQ for. you're the one that researches and writes essays on here trying to impress everyone with stats that have nothing to do with anything anyone is talking about and you insult them during that process. and yes i've tried dozens of times to try and end this stupid conversation 2 weeks ago. but you just keep on truckin' don't you? all for stupid immature reasons. just give it up. don't you think this is enough? get over it.
1. Brandon Vera (11-4)  2. Junior Dos Santos (10-1)  3. Paul Buentello (25-11)  4. Anthony Johnson (8-3)  5. Duane Ludwig (27-10)  6. James Irvin (14-5-1)  7. Clay Guida (25-8)  8. Vladimir Matyushenko (23-4)  
#58 | 1630 days ago

(Edited by hapkido_warrior)
adrisoto86 wrote:
this is the internet dude. i don't want respect from you or anyone else on this site. that's not what i use FanIQ for. you're the one that researches and writes essays on here trying to impress everyone with stats that have nothing to do with anything anyone is talking about and you insult them during that process. and yes i've tried dozens of times to try and end this stupid conversation 2 weeks ago. but you just keep on truckin' don't you? all for stupid immature reasons. just give it up. don't you think this is enough? get over it.
all right, keep writing your nonsense, i don't really care.
why do you come here if you are going to get mad every time someone disagrees with you? you say you don't give a damn what anyone thinks about your opinions...so don't post them on a discussion website if you don't want to discuss and defend them, go start a flame war somewhere where you can just insult other people without even having to talk about the THREAD TOPIC, otherwise this isn't the place for you.
1. Jon Jones (9-1)  2. Junior Dos Santos (10-1)  3. Cheick Kongo (24-6-1)  4. Anthony Johnson (8-3)  5. Spencer Fisher (24-5)  6. James Irvin (14-5-1)  7. Clay Guida (25-8)  8. Eliot Marshall (8-2)  
#59 | 1630 days ago

hapkido_warrior wrote:
all right, keep writing your nonsense, i don't really care.
why do you come here if you are going to get mad every time someone disagrees with you? you say you don't give a damn what anyone thinks about your opinions...so don't post them on a discussion website if you don't want to discuss and defend them, go start a flame war somewhere where you can just insult other people without even having to talk about the THREAD TOPIC, otherwise this isn't the place for you.
i don't get mad when someone disagrees with me. i get mad when someone insults me and my intelligence. and if you don't care about my nonsense then stop replying to it.
1. Brandon Vera (11-4)  2. Junior Dos Santos (10-1)  3. Paul Buentello (25-11)  4. Anthony Johnson (8-3)  5. Duane Ludwig (27-10)  6. James Irvin (14-5-1)  7. Clay Guida (25-8)  8. Vladimir Matyushenko (23-4)  
#60 | 1630 days ago

adrisoto86 wrote:
i don't get mad when someone disagrees with me. i get mad when someone insults me and my intelligence. and if you don't care about my nonsense then stop replying to it.
which is why you don't bother to do anything except try and flame other people who disagree with you right? stick to chat rooms for your flame wars, if you come here then at least TRY and defend an opinion. I don't 'look up stats'....I watch MMA and i'm beginning to think you just come on here to start these weak attempts at flames.
1. Jon Jones (9-1)  2. Junior Dos Santos (10-1)  3. Cheick Kongo (24-6-1)  4. Anthony Johnson (8-3)  5. Spencer Fisher (24-5)  6. James Irvin (14-5-1)  7. Clay Guida (25-8)  8. Eliot Marshall (8-2)  
#61 | 1630 days ago

(Edited by adrisoto86)
hapkido_warrior wrote:
which is why you don't bother to do anything except try and flame other people who disagree with you right? stick to chat rooms for your flame wars, if you come here then at least TRY and defend an opinion. I don't 'look up stats'....I watch MMA and i'm beginning to think you just come on here to start these weak attempts at flames.
yeah i figured you'd be too immature to leave it alone. and please don't tell me that i start wars on here cause that is completely untrue. i hardly ever post comments on this site unless i'm really interested in the topic and i never ever argue. as i matter of fact this is the last argument i had on here since uh...oh yeah since you attacked me for my opinion on the Machida/Rua fight. hmm what a coincidence. you are the one that started this "flame war" by calling my opinion ridiculous and idiotic. and yes i may not have defended my opinion like you would have liked me too but like i told you, i don't have to. my opinion is what it is and no matter what you say or what stats or examples you bring on here my opinion is not going to change. so why do you continue to argue about it. i tried to leave it alone 2 weeks ago but you keep on comin'. so this so called war is thanks to you dude.
1. Brandon Vera (11-4)  2. Junior Dos Santos (10-1)  3. Paul Buentello (25-11)  4. Anthony Johnson (8-3)  5. Duane Ludwig (27-10)  6. James Irvin (14-5-1)  7. Clay Guida (25-8)  8. Vladimir Matyushenko (23-4)  
#62 | 1630 days ago

adrisoto86 wrote:
yeah i figured you'd be too immature to leave it alone. and please don't tell me that i start wars on here cause that is completely untrue. i hardly ever post comments on this site unless i'm really interested in the topic and i never ever argue. as i matter of fact this is the last argument i had on here since uh...oh yeah since you attacked me for my opinion on the Machida/Rua fight. hmm what a coincidence. you are the one that started this "flame war" by calling my opinion ridiculous and idiotic. and yes i may not have defended my opinion like you would have liked me too but like i told you, i don't have to. my opinion is what it is and no matter what you say or what stats or examples you bring on here my opinion is not going to change. so why do you continue to argue about it. i tried to leave it alone 2 weeks ago but you keep on comin'. so this so called war is thanks to you dude.
well that makes two of us then doesn't it? There is nothing wrong with arguing...over a point. I haven't been trying to attack you (obviously the last few have gotten to that point) but my intent has always been to dicuss why you think Vera won that fight...if you bring up some good reasoning i'll let it stand but if your not going to defend your opinion then don't get mad when i call it an outrageous statement. My purpose has never been to change your opinion but to discuss as to why you believe Vera won and point out facts why I think couture won...if you take the stand "nothing will change my opinion" and get mad when people try to discuss/change your mind/ defend their opinions etc. then it will always lead to these futile arguments.
1. Jon Jones (9-1)  2. Junior Dos Santos (10-1)  3. Cheick Kongo (24-6-1)  4. Anthony Johnson (8-3)  5. Spencer Fisher (24-5)  6. James Irvin (14-5-1)  7. Clay Guida (25-8)  8. Eliot Marshall (8-2)  
#63 | 1629 days ago

hapkido_warrior wrote:
well that makes two of us then doesn't it? There is nothing wrong with arguing...over a point. I haven't been trying to attack you (obviously the last few have gotten to that point) but my intent has always been to dicuss why you think Vera won that fight...if you bring up some good reasoning i'll let it stand but if your not going to defend your opinion then don't get mad when i call it an outrageous statement. My purpose has never been to change your opinion but to discuss as to why you believe Vera won and point out facts why I think couture won...if you take the stand "nothing will change my opinion" and get mad when people try to discuss/change your mind/ defend their opinions etc. then it will always lead to these futile arguments.
give it a rest man. my response to this is the same thing i said in my post before. since you're just repeating yourself i'll just do the same.
1. Brandon Vera (11-4)  2. Junior Dos Santos (10-1)  3. Paul Buentello (25-11)  4. Anthony Johnson (8-3)  5. Duane Ludwig (27-10)  6. James Irvin (14-5-1)  7. Clay Guida (25-8)  8. Vladimir Matyushenko (23-4)  
#64 | 1629 days ago

adrisoto86 wrote:
give it a rest man. my response to this is the same thing i said in my post before. since you're just repeating yourself i'll just do the same.
fine, get mad whenever someone disagrees with you, but don't expect anyone to respect or take any of your opinions seriously. I tried to point you in the right direction but I guess you can only bring a horse to water right
1. Jon Jones (9-1)  2. Junior Dos Santos (10-1)  3. Cheick Kongo (24-6-1)  4. Anthony Johnson (8-3)  5. Spencer Fisher (24-5)  6. James Irvin (14-5-1)  7. Clay Guida (25-8)  8. Eliot Marshall (8-2)  
#65 | 1629 days ago

hapkido_warrior wrote:
fine, get mad whenever someone disagrees with you, but don't expect anyone to respect or take any of your opinions seriously. I tried to point you in the right direction but I guess you can only bring a horse to water right
again i must repeat myself. i don't care if anyone gives me respect for my opinions or takes me serious, like i've told you before. i don't use faniq for that reason. that's for people who don't have a regular day job or a life. if you have to use this site or any other website to earn respect for your opinions...that's just sad.
1. Brandon Vera (11-4)  2. Junior Dos Santos (10-1)  3. Paul Buentello (25-11)  4. Anthony Johnson (8-3)  5. Duane Ludwig (27-10)  6. James Irvin (14-5-1)  7. Clay Guida (25-8)  8. Vladimir Matyushenko (23-4)  
#66 | 1629 days ago

(Edited by hapkido_warrior)
adrisoto86 wrote:
again i must repeat myself. i don't care if anyone gives me respect for my opinions or takes me serious, like i've told you before. i don't use faniq for that reason. that's for people who don't have a regular day job or a life. if you have to use this site or any other website to earn respect for your opinions...that's just sad.
Your right it's apparent that you have a busy life to attend to....oh wait
you're not even reading what i am writing....I hope one day you learn to differentiate between attacks on you personally and regular debates...therwise good luck handling a real job when your boss gives you criticism.
1. Jon Jones (9-1)  2. Junior Dos Santos (10-1)  3. Cheick Kongo (24-6-1)  4. Anthony Johnson (8-3)  5. Spencer Fisher (24-5)  6. James Irvin (14-5-1)  7. Clay Guida (25-8)  8. Eliot Marshall (8-2)  
#67 | 1629 days ago

hapkido_warrior wrote:
Your right it's apparent that you have a busy life to attend to....oh wait
you're not even reading what i am writing....I hope one day you learn to differentiate between attacks on you personally and regular debates...therwise good luck handling a real job when your boss gives you criticism.
so sad...
1. Brandon Vera (11-4)  2. Junior Dos Santos (10-1)  3. Paul Buentello (25-11)  4. Anthony Johnson (8-3)  5. Duane Ludwig (27-10)  6. James Irvin (14-5-1)  7. Clay Guida (25-8)  8. Vladimir Matyushenko (23-4)  
#68 | 1629 days ago

adrisoto86 wrote:
so sad...
why do you keep commenting...i've tried to make the peace a couple of times and you keep trying to make these weak attempt at flames...do you honestly think anyone cares about your pathetic little attacks on a sports website...
I tried to get this comment back on track and then i tried to apologize for whatever negative comments were made and you just keep on tring to flame...geez, you must get really emotionally invested in the opinions of strangers online. I am done playing your stupid little game, i tried to engage you on a reasonably intellectual level and you continue to try and play these childish games, I will not comment again so feel free to comment on how 'sad' 'stupid' or whatever else you want and get that sweet rush from winning another flame war online, I know it means the world to you.
1. Jon Jones (9-1)  2. Junior Dos Santos (10-1)  3. Cheick Kongo (24-6-1)  4. Anthony Johnson (8-3)  5. Spencer Fisher (24-5)  6. James Irvin (14-5-1)  7. Clay Guida (25-8)  8. Eliot Marshall (8-2)  
#69 | 1629 days ago

hapkido_warrior wrote:
why do you keep commenting...i've tried to make the peace a couple of times and you keep trying to make these weak attempt at flames...do you honestly think anyone cares about your pathetic little attacks on a sports website...
I tried to get this comment back on track and then i tried to apologize for whatever negative comments were made and you just keep on tring to flame...geez, you must get really emotionally invested in the opinions of strangers online. I am done playing your stupid little game, i tried to engage you on a reasonably intellectual level and you continue to try and play these childish games, I will not comment again so feel free to comment on how 'sad' 'stupid' or whatever else you want and get that sweet rush from winning another flame war online, I know it means the world to you.
tragic
1. Brandon Vera (11-4)  2. Junior Dos Santos (10-1)  3. Paul Buentello (25-11)  4. Anthony Johnson (8-3)  5. Duane Ludwig (27-10)  6. James Irvin (14-5-1)  7. Clay Guida (25-8)  8. Vladimir Matyushenko (23-4)  

Post a Comment   Already a user? Sign in here
Join FanIQ - It's Free
FanIQ is the ultimate free community for sports fans.
Talk sports with fans from all over - 1,649,417+ Comments
Track your game picks - 38,670,182,382+ Sports Predictions
Prove you know sports - 116,275+ Trivia Questions
Find fans of your teams - 11,453,110+ New Friends