Sniglets - Volume 1
For those of you who don't know, a Sniglet is using two or more words together to create a new word. Or if you go by Sniglet creator Rich Hall's definition, it's "any word that doesn't appear in the dictionary, but should.".
So, do you know your Sniglets? Here is the definition of 20 Sniglets, and you figure out what each one means (and which ones you've used).
1) The body's reaction to someone running his fingernails down a chalkboard.
2) Possessing the uncanny knack for approaching a set of double doors and ALWAYS pushing the locked one.
3) A bald tire.
4) The unsettling feeling, at a stoplight, that the busload of kids that just pulled up beside you is making fun of you.
5) The overlapping moment of time when the hand is locking the car door even as the brain is saying "my keys are in there".
6) The desperate attempt by a homeowner to "talk" his overflowing toilet into backing down.
7) The chipped or broken M&M's at the bottom of the bag.
8) The mistaken notion that the more you press the elevator button the faster it will arrive.
9) The act, when vacuuming, of running over a string or piece of lint at least a dozen times, reaching over and picking it up, examining it, then putting it back down to give the vacuum one more chance.
10) A person, who, having wandered into an "invisible" spider web begins gyrating and flailing about wildly.
11) Manhandling the "open here" spout on a milk carton so badly that one has to resort to using the "illegal side".
12) The small line of debris that refuses to be swept onto the dust pan and keeps backing a person across the room until he finally decides to give up and sweep it under the rug.
13) Possessing the ability to turn the bathtub faucet on and off with your toes.
14) The uncontrollable urge to lean out the car window and yell "Moooo!!!!" every time you pass a cow.
15) Two people, who, while making out, open their eyes at the same time to see if the other is looking.
16) Being able to drive and refold a road map at the same time.
17) People who try to sneak more than "10 items or less" into the express checkout lane.
18) The part of the envelope that tells a person where to place the stamp when they can't quite figure it out themselves.
19) Initial blast of odor upon opening a can of dog food.
20) A rescue vehicle which can only be seen in the rear-view mirror.
Featured by: Jess
at 2/16/10 1:15AM
| Closed on 03/17/10 at 10:00PM
FanIQ Pts? No | Locker Room
| Opinion List