Skip to Next Poll »
3
The Ricketts, already making a difference.
 The Ricketts stood outside Wrigley Field to hand out coffee and donuts and to greet the fans on the day tickets went on sale. I think this is one of the reasons the Cubs are going to have a real shot at the series this year. Do you think that a difference in ownership can make a difference in a team?
The Ricketts, already making a difference. Photo
| Closed on 03/23/10 at 05:00PM
FanIQ Pts? No | MLB, Chicago Cubs | Multiple Choice Opinion Poll
Teams:  Rumors
Team Breakout:
27 Fans 
52%a. Yes I think the owners make a difference
11%b. No, players still play the way they want to.
19%c. I don't know? we will have to wait and see.
19%d. Hey I want coffee and donuts!
0%e. Shaconage.

 &nbp;
TOP COMMENT * * * * * * * * * * * *
#3 | 1650 days ago
Cop4Cubs (+)

I do believe that positive vibes trickle down thru the ranks starting with the owners. This meet and greet was a very nice gesture on their part and I truly hope they care about the Cubs winning as much as us Cubs Fans  do. They are doing all the right things so far I hope it continues with a WS title run !!  Go Cubbies !!
Yes I think the owners make a difference  
  
63 Comments | Sorted by Most Recent First | Red = You Disagreed
Vote for your favorite comments. Fans decide the Top Comment (3+ votes) and also hide poor quality comments (4+ votes).
#1 | 1650 days ago

Even if they don't have a good season, at least I know where I can go for a Continental breakfast.
Hey I want coffee and donuts!   
#2 | 1650 days ago
cubsgirl2 (+)

Joe_L wrote:
Even if they don't have a good season, at least I know where I can go for a Continental breakfast.
 
#3 | 1650 days ago
Cop4Cubs (+)

I do believe that positive vibes trickle down thru the ranks starting with the owners. This meet and greet was a very nice gesture on their part and I truly hope they care about the Cubs winning as much as us Cubs Fans  do. They are doing all the right things so far I hope it continues with a WS title run !!  Go Cubbies !!
Yes I think the owners make a difference  
#4 | 1650 days ago

cubsgirl2 wrote:
 
Believe me Glenda I'm jealous, the only things you get from the Pirates owners is over priced concessions, and headaches migraines from watching the games.
Hey I want coffee and donuts!   
#5 | 1650 days ago
cubsgirl2 (+)

Joe_L wrote:
Believe me Glenda I'm jealous, the only things you get from the Pirates owners is over priced concessions, and headaches migraines from watching the games.
 Well I get migraines from watching your team too. 
#6 | 1650 days ago

cubsgirl2 wrote:
 Well I get migraines from watching your team too. 

blah, blah, blah,
Hey I want coffee and donuts!   
#7 | 1650 days ago
cubsgirl2 (+)

Joe_L wrote:

blah, blah, blah,
 ouch that hurt.   gosh Joe you should really hold your tongue.lol. get it your tongue
#8 | 1650 days ago
BDV4U (+)

Appropriate - Doughnuts, the symbol (0) of the number of World Series titles since 1909! LOL

Now if they served gyros made from cursed goat, then you might have something. Spaghetti with Bartman ball sauce did a mild turnaround, but not much.
No, players still play the way they want to.  
#9 | 1650 days ago

Joe_L wrote:
Believe me Glenda I'm jealous, the only things you get from the Pirates owners is over priced concessions, and headaches migraines from watching the games.
Hey we can at least take comfort in knowing the Cubs will be going home the same day as the Pirates.
No, players still play the way they want to.  
#10 | 1650 days ago
cubsgirl2 (+)

BDV4U wrote:
Appropriate - Doughnuts, the symbol (0) of the number of World Series titles since 1909! LOL

Now if they served gyros made from cursed goat, then you might have something. Spaghetti with Bartman ball sauce did a mild turnaround, but not much.
 gyros is lamb, you loser cardinal fan .   and yeah i get it now ok you guys are runnin scared, thats it you guys know. 
#11 | 1650 days ago
18packabs (+)

I hope the CUBS can bring home the Championship.
Hey I want coffee and donuts!   
#12 | 1650 days ago
cubsgirl2 (+)

18packabs wrote:
I hope the CUBS can bring home the Championship.
 you are so nice, thank you and i hope the red sox are the ones we are playing in the series. 
#13 | 1650 days ago

Glenda,  enjoy your preseason hopes.  We all know the Cardinals will finish on top of the Cubs.  That's just the way history is and in this case, the way history will always be. 
#14 | 1650 days ago

Good luck to your Cubs!


(That is till they play the Dodgers.  )
Hey I want coffee and donuts!   
#15 | 1650 days ago

Fine....but they can kick the crap out of the Giants, Padres, and Rockies.
Hey I want coffee and donuts!   
#16 | 1650 days ago

(Edited by HouTxFan)
I don't have to wish you good luck Glenda.  It's built into my 12-step program...

Hi. My name is Jan, and I'm an Astros fan. 
Yes I think the owners make a difference  
#17 | 1650 days ago
cubsgirl2 (+)

HouTxFan wrote:
I don't have to wish you good luck Glenda.  It's built into my 12-step program...

Hi. My name is Jan, and I'm an Astros fan. 
 lmao, well I cant wait to play at wrigley south this year. it's always some good ball between the two teams.
#18 | 1650 days ago

cubsgirl2 wrote:
 lmao, well I cant wait to play at wrigley south this year. it's always some good ball between the two teams.
Ok...I guess...as long as it's good for you. 
Yes I think the owners make a difference  
#19 | 1650 days ago

@kteacher the Giants are gonna kick a** this year.  Beat LA! Beat LA!  Hey Cubs fans, I'll be rooting for your Cubs in the central except when the G-Men play them...
I don't know? we will have to wait and see.  
#20 | 1650 days ago

(Edited by HouTxFan)
~sighs~  My hero... 
Yes I think the owners make a difference  
#21 | 1650 days ago

kung_fu_panda wrote:
@kteacher the Giants are gonna kick a** this year.  Beat LA! Beat LA!  Hey Cubs fans, I'll be rooting for your Cubs in the central except when the G-Men play them...
I heard this last year from a clown, and well.......we all know how that went.
Hey I want coffee and donuts!   
#22 | 1650 days ago
cubsgirl2 (+)

 you're such a friend. 



but i know you really are. 
#23 | 1650 days ago

kteacher wrote:
I heard this last year from a clown, and well.......we all know how that went.
The only problem is they had an epic collapse in September, and couldn't even beat the PIRATES when all they needed was 1 win to clinch the division.
No, players still play the way they want to.  
#24 | 1650 days ago

cubsgirl2 wrote:
 you're such a friend. 



but i know you really are. 
Don't be too hard on him, Glenda.  He was just being a good samaritan...tossing a bone to a starving Astros fan. 
Yes I think the owners make a difference  
#25 | 1650 days ago

kramer wrote:
The only problem is they had an epic collapse in September, and couldn't even beat the PIRATES when all they needed was 1 win to clinch the division.
They still clinched it ....didn't they? Yes they did.

Come on-----"Epic collapse"? They made it to the NLCS, I wouldn't call making it that far an "Epic collapse."
Hey I want coffee and donuts!   
#26 | 1650 days ago

Hey I want coffee and donuts!   
#27 | 1650 days ago

kteacher wrote:
They still clinched it ....didn't they? Yes they did.

Come on-----"Epic collapse"? They made it to the NLCS, I wouldn't call making it that far an "Epic collapse."
When you bring the champagne for the division title with you and proceed to lose 3 in a row to the Pirates, that certainly should be considered an epic collapse.
No, players still play the way they want to.  
#28 | 1650 days ago

kramer wrote:
When you bring the champagne for the division title with you and proceed to lose 3 in a row to the Pirates, that certainly should be considered an epic collapse.
NOPE....just a "OOPS" and a "Whoa....let's get our sh*t together", but NOT an epic collapse----I mean it was the Pirates and it isn't as if they lost the division as a result.
Hey I want coffee and donuts!   
#29 | 1650 days ago
cubsgirl2 (+)

kramer wrote:
When you bring the champagne for the division title with you and proceed to lose 3 in a row to the Pirates, that certainly should be considered an epic collapse.
   I just want the cubs to win a world series before im to old to remember what the hell it is.  
#30 | 1650 days ago

I got Rickets!!
Yes I think the owners make a difference  
#31 | 1650 days ago

I know...I was just trying to make you sound more noble, you big dummy! 
Yes I think the owners make a difference  
#32 | 1650 days ago

cubsgirl2 wrote:
   I just want the cubs to win a world series before im to old to remember what the hell it is.  
I'm in the same boat, the Pirates haven't been in the World Series since 1979, 6 years before I was born, so I've never seen them play in one.
No, players still play the way they want to.  
#33 | 1650 days ago

woody050681 wrote:
I got Rickets!!
Drink some milk...you'll be fine.  Well...uhhh...you'll be back to your usual self, at least.
Yes I think the owners make a difference  
#34 | 1650 days ago
cubsgirl2 (+)

woody050681 wrote:
I got Rickets!!
  well ummm will a shot of penicillin help?  
#35 | 1650 days ago
cubsgirl2 (+)

kramer wrote:
I'm in the same boat, the Pirates haven't been in the World Series since 1979, 6 years before I was born, so I've never seen them play in one.
 well now you just made me feel old. 
#36 | 1650 days ago

cubsgirl2 wrote:
  well ummm will a shot of penicillin help?  
I'm afraid Lee would disappear if he was given a shot of penicillin. 
Yes I think the owners make a difference  
#37 | 1650 days ago

cubsgirl2 wrote:
 well now you just made me feel old. 
Hmmm...was he just being ugly with that comment?!? 
Yes I think the owners make a difference  
#38 | 1650 days ago
cubsgirl2 (+)

HouTxFan wrote:
Hmmm...was he just being ugly with that comment?!? 
 lol, i doubt it hes to young to be that mean. 
#39 | 1650 days ago

cubsgirl2 wrote:
 lol, i doubt it hes to young to be that mean. 
This is true.  Being that mean requires something in your life that is really traumatic...like aging! 
Yes I think the owners make a difference  
#40 | 1650 days ago

HouTxFan wrote:
This is true.  Being that mean requires something in your life that is really traumatic...like aging! 
Game 7 of the 1992 NLCS still traumatizes me to this day.
No, players still play the way they want to.  
#41 | 1650 days ago

kramer wrote:
Game 7 of the 1992 NLCS still traumatizes me to this day.
1992???  What...were you having a hard time doing away with your training wheels?!?!?! 
Yes I think the owners make a difference  
#42 | 1650 days ago

(Edited by woody050681)
kramer wrote:
Game 7 of the 1992 NLCS still traumatizes me to this day.
Come on Barry Bonds couldn't throw out Sid Bream? Sid frickin Bream!! The guy was running the bases on two bum knees and Bonds couldn't throw him out!! That was one of Major League Baseballs all-time FAILS!!!
Yes I think the owners make a difference  
#43 | 1650 days ago

woody050681 wrote:
Come on Barry Bonds couldn't throw out Sid Bream? Sid frickin Bream!! The guy was running the bases on two bum knees and Bonds couldn't throw him out!! That was one of Major League Baseballs all-time FAILS!!!
Everyone wants to blame Barry Bonds, but they forget that if Jose Lind could've correctly fielded a routine ground ball, Brian Hunter's pop-up would've been out #3 and Cabrera never would've gotten to the plate.
No, players still play the way they want to.  
#44 | 1650 days ago
jasonwrites (+)

kramer wrote:
Everyone wants to blame Barry Bonds, but they forget that if Jose Lind could've correctly fielded a routine ground ball, Brian Hunter's pop-up would've been out #3 and Cabrera never would've gotten to the plate.
 I don't blame Bonds. He was the best defensive left fielder in the game at the time... and the throw was just about as close as it could be. Since there were two outs Bream did get a jump (relatively speaking) on the pitch.

It was one of those moments. The Braves were destined for greatness. The Pirates were destined for, well...
Yes I think the owners make a difference  
#45 | 1649 days ago
BDV4U (+)

cubsgirl2 wrote:
 gyros is lamb, you loser cardinal fan .   and yeah i get it now ok you guys are runnin scared, thats it you guys know. 
Yeah, Wrigleyville now has a cursed lamb(?) and pasta is best served with burnt baseball yarn. Y'all ain't normal! THAT'S what we're running scared of! Then again, anything washed down with Old Style would all have the same dead taste to it...
No, players still play the way they want to.  
#46 | 1649 days ago

The ownership will make a difference and it will show in their first year of ownership, that is my prediction. An optimistic Cubs fan is what I'am. What other way can you be but to remain a Cubs fan, unless you are one who was born to and enjoyed being depressed your whole life in the sport of baseball.  Dang it is so great to be a Cubs fan, It is almost the only team that can have true fanatics. Over 102 years since last winning the Championship, and having to take the criticism (justified) from the rival team backers. Once the Cubs win the World Series all die hard Cub fans will have the distinction of being the best fans of any sport, after all, they have endured a longer amount of time without a championship victory than any other sports team has.

So keep piling on us Cubs fans, when our day comes, we will have the best feeling of all sports fanatics.
Yes I think the owners make a difference  
#47 | 1649 days ago

Everything the Ricketts have done thus far has impressed me and this is no different.  It's nice to actually put a face with the names of our new ownership group.  I know some people were angry with the lack of activity in free agency, but the Rickett's want to see things work behind the scenes for a season before jumping into such a crap shoot head first.  They seem like very savvy people and based on their success in other business ventures, I have no doubt they'll be great owners.

Will they bring us that elusive World Series win?  No idea, but I think we're off to a great start under the new regime. 
Yes I think the owners make a difference  
#48 | 1648 days ago

cubsgirl2 wrote:
 gyros is lamb, you loser cardinal fan .   and yeah i get it now ok you guys are runnin scared, thats it you guys know. 
Gyro meat is made form 1/2 Lamb & 1/2 Beef.
No, players still play the way they want to.  
#49 | 1648 days ago

Yes ownership does make a difference but the bottom line is the players must play and the manager must manage. Owners are just that owners. They cant meddle to a point that it becomes a distraction to the team. I believe that the players must take charge of what they do and be professional all the time not just when they feel like it.

Yes I think the owners make a difference  
#50 | 1648 days ago
cubsgirl2 (+)

Lobotomy Jones wrote:
Gyro meat is made form 1/2 Lamb & 1/2 Beef.
 I used to work at Nikkos gyros are you familiar with the north side?  anyways there at western elston and diversey. well theres was 82% beef to 18% lamb. lol, but how did this get into a discussion on gyros? god i love the Q 
#51 | 1648 days ago

cubsgirl2 wrote:
 I used to work at Nikkos gyros are you familiar with the north side?  anyways there at western elston and diversey. well theres was 82% beef to 18% lamb. lol, but how did this get into a discussion on gyros? god i love the Q 
Gyro's Express in Villa Park beats Nikkos.  Just plain awesome!
#52 | 1648 days ago
cubsgirl2 (+)

jtrain11 wrote:
Gyro's Express in Villa Park beats Nikkos.  Just plain awesome!
well i dont  know about now but 30 years ago nikkos was the best. and we have to stop now otherwise one of you guys will have to mail me one.  cause you cant get them here. 
#53 | 1648 days ago
Cop4Cubs (+)

woody050681 wrote:
I got Rickets!!
Hey Lee isn't  Rickets  like a STD ? 
Yes I think the owners make a difference  
#54 | 1647 days ago
BDV4U (+)

cubsgirl2 wrote:
 I used to work at Nikkos gyros are you familiar with the north side?  anyways there at western elston and diversey. well theres was 82% beef to 18% lamb. lol, but how did this get into a discussion on gyros? god i love the Q 
That creepy guy in the Cubs hat is asking people to help him with his "cucumber sauce"! DISGUSTING!
No, players still play the way they want to.  
#55 | 1647 days ago
cubsgirl2 (+)

Cop4Cubs wrote:
Hey Lee isn't  Rickets  like a STD ? 
 nope no penicillin required.
#56 | 1647 days ago
cubsgirl2 (+)

BDV4U wrote:
That creepy guy in the Cubs hat is asking people to help him with his "cucumber sauce"! DISGUSTING!
  there is no such thing as a creepy guy in a cubs hat. 
#57 | 1647 days ago
BDV4U (+)

cubsgirl2 wrote:
  there is no such thing as a creepy guy in a cubs hat. 
You don't get out much, do you?
No, players still play the way they want to.  
#58 | 1646 days ago
cubsgirl2 (+)

BDV4U wrote:
You don't get out much, do you?
 no....
#59 | 1640 days ago

The Cubs finally have a face for ownership instead of just a stuffed suit!!!
Yes I think the owners make a difference  
#60 | 1640 days ago
cubsgirl2 (+)

rhracer wrote:
The Cubs finally have a face for ownership instead of just a stuffed suit!!!
 YES!!!! Nicely said, they are our Mark Cuban. And that is going to make a difference. Hell I think it already has. And welcome I do not recognize you. Are you new to the q? 
#61 | 1640 days ago
BDV4U (+)

cubsgirl2 wrote:
 YES!!!! Nicely said, they are our Mark Cuban. And that is going to make a difference. Hell I think it already has. And welcome I do not recognize you. Are you new to the q? 
So, you're saying the Ricketts are crazy whack jobs trying to set the world on its ear with their zaniness?!?
No, players still play the way they want to.  
#62 | 1639 days ago

cubsgirl2 wrote:
 YES!!!! Nicely said, they are our Mark Cuban. And that is going to make a difference. Hell I think it already has. And welcome I do not recognize you. Are you new to the q? 
Thank you.  I have been on for a few months now.
Yes I think the owners make a difference  
#63 | 1639 days ago
cubsgirl2 (+)

BDV4U wrote:
So, you're saying the Ricketts are crazy whack jobs trying to set the world on its ear with their zaniness?!?
 yep!! 

Post a Comment   Already a user? Sign in here
Join FanIQ - It's Free
FanIQ is the ultimate free community for sports fans.
Talk sports with fans from all over - 1,649,417+ Comments
Track your game picks - 38,670,182,382+ Sports Predictions
Prove you know sports - 116,275+ Trivia Questions
Find fans of your teams - 11,453,110+ New Friends
MLB*Chasing Joe D*The FanIQ Hitting Streak*9/1
Asked by Michael_G | MLB, BOS, SF | 3 questions asked Yesterday
9 predictions | Last by ArmyRebel
MLB*Chasing Joe D*The FanIQ Hitting Streak*8/31
Asked by Michael_G | MLB, BOS, SF | 3 questions asked 08/27/14
18 predictions | Last by ArmyRebel
MLB*Chasing Joe D*The FanIQ Hitting Streak*8/30
Asked by Michael_G | MLB, BOS, SF | 3 questions asked 08/26/14
33 predictions | Last by ArmyRebel
MLB*Chasing Joe D*The FanIQ Hitting Streak*8/29
Asked by Michael_G | MLB, BOS, SF | 3 questions asked 08/25/14
48 predictions | Last by ArmyRebel | 14 hours left
AL Pitchers Individual Over/Under - 8/29
Asked by Scott | MLB, STL | 14 questions asked 08/27/14
112 predictions | Last by Helen | 14 hours left