Skip to Next Poll »
5
Do You Agree With Nascars Decision On Carl Edwards
NASCAR president Mike Helton on Tuesday announced Sprint Cup driver Carl Edwards has been placed on probation for the next three Sprint Cup races as a result of Edwards intentionally wrecking Brad Kelowski this past Sunday at Atlanta Motor Speedway.


If not.....What do you think his punishment should have been?
| Closed on 04/08/10 at 05:00PM
FanIQ Pts? No | NASCAR, Carl Edwards | Multiple Choice Opinion Poll
Team Breakout:
43 Fans 
30%a. I Agree
53%b. I Disagree
16%c. Other

 &nbp;
TOP COMMENT * * * * * * * * * * * *
#6 | 1666 days ago
18packabs (+)

(Edited by 18packabs)
I think they should make Carl give him some of that insurance that helps you pay yours bills when you can't go to work.........AFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-------------LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I Agree  
  
46 Comments | Sorted by Most Recent First | Red = You Disagreed
Vote for your favorite comments. Fans decide the Top Comment (3+ votes) and also hide poor quality comments (4+ votes).
#1 | 1666 days ago
Diablorain (+)

he should have been docked points too
I Disagree  
#2 | 1666 days ago

look at nascars past to see how they handled such intentional wrecks. (Dale wrecking Terry Labonte at Bristol to get the win) What they did was right according to their rules and how they have opperated in the past.
I Agree  
#3 | 1666 days ago

The decision handed down by NASCAR and Mike Helton giving Carl Edwards a 3-race probabtionary period is absolutely ridiculous and disgusting!  I know that NASCAR would like to see the drivers police themselves, but if this is the way it is going to happen then NASCAR needs to step back in and take control of tis situation immediately and with severe determination to end these retaliation incidents from happening again before somebody gets severely injured and/or killed on these tracks.

Edwards should have been hit with BOTH a severe suspension and a heavy points deduction for his premeditated actions against Brad Koslowski on Sunday. 

I also believe that Koslowski is no angel in this matter either.  He should also have to pay some kind of punishment as well, but not nearly as severe as what should have been given to Edwards.

NASCAR is very lucky that Koslowski walked away from that wreck on Sunday.  What would they have done if he wasn't able to walk away? 

This action by NASCAR is not even a slap on the wrist!   I am disgusted as a NASCAR fan that the ruling body of NASCAR (Mike Helton) is nothing but a panty waste without the sack to lay the law down!  Especially in situations like this incident!

Mike Helton, wake up and smell the coffee and get you head out of your backside and be a REAL commisioner and not the panty waste that you became this weekend.

I Disagree  
#4 | 1666 days ago

Alpha_Dawg wrote:
look at nascars past to see how they handled such intentional wrecks. (Dale wrecking Terry Labonte at Bristol to get the win) What they did was right according to their rules and how they have opperated in the past.
Being a Dale Sr. fan I have had to deal with Senior's tactics on the track giving him the name Intimidator!  I didn't always agree with the way Dale did things, but I am sure that there were plenty of other drivers that would do the exact same things if the show was on the other foot.

Was he right for his actions?  Maybe not.  But, that doesn't stop NASCAR from making the sport as safe as possible for all the drivers that are driving today in ALL of the NASCAR Series divisions.
I Disagree  
#5 | 1666 days ago

Edwards should be fined, docked points, and put on "double secret" probation.
I Disagree  
#6 | 1666 days ago
18packabs (+)

(Edited by 18packabs)
I think they should make Carl give him some of that insurance that helps you pay yours bills when you can't go to work.........AFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-------------LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I Agree  
#7 | 1666 days ago

18packabs wrote:
I think they should make Carl give him some of that insurance that helps you pay yours bills when you can't go to work.........AFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-------------LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OMG!! That is too funny....
Other  
#8 | 1666 days ago

Nascar needs to make its mind up. Either your gonna "police them"..or your going "to let the drivers"...handle their business. Quit see-sawing back and forth because they aren't getting the results they wanted. Rivalry is rivalry, been going on for decades. Giving Carl the "probation"..is saying to me, he did what we wanted   , but we still have to punish him to make ourselves look good. Nascar's hands are clean. It's all wait and see for now. With that being said...I apologize to all you guys for defending Robby Gordon so strongly, man was I wrong on that front. I guess I really didn't pay close attention last year, but I have this year, and yes..if I am not mistaken he has brought out the first caution in every race so far...

Other  
#9 | 1666 days ago
JRSFLAME88 (+)

JenX63 wrote:

Nascar needs to make its mind up. Either your gonna "police them"..or your going "to let the drivers"...handle their business. Quit see-sawing back and forth because they aren't getting the results they wanted. Rivalry is rivalry, been going on for decades. Giving Carl the "probation"..is saying to me, he did what we wanted   , but we still have to punish him to make ourselves look good. Nascar's hands are clean. It's all wait and see for now. With that being said...I apologize to all you guys for defending Robby Gordon so strongly, man was I wrong on that front. I guess I really didn't pay close attention last year, but I have this year, and yes..if I am not mistaken he has brought out the first caution in every race so far...

Yes Nascar needs to let the drivers beat and bang out on the track during a race to win not for pre-meditated retaliation.  Then, consider the disrespect he showed by driving down pit road backwards to park the car.  Also, his post on Face Book saying that he was going by his own code.  I think they should have been harsher in the punishment.


*Robbie Gordon is a moron.  Nascar has said that they are going to doing something about these "start and park" drivers, I hope this includes Robbie Gordon!
I Disagree  
#10 | 1666 days ago

JRSFLAME88 wrote:
Yes Nascar needs to let the drivers beat and bang out on the track during a race to win not for pre-meditated retaliation.  Then, consider the disrespect he showed by driving down pit road backwards to park the car.  Also, his post on Face Book saying that he was going by his own code.  I think they should have been harsher in the punishment.


*Robbie Gordon is a moron.  Nascar has said that they are going to doing something about these "start and park" drivers, I hope this includes Robbie Gordon!
 I said I was wrong about Robbie already.....not changing my stance on the Carl thing.
Other  
#11 | 1666 days ago

NO I DO NOT agree at the start of the season, they said have at it. Just because K ended up on his hood. Unlike Edwards last year, and earlier in the race. If they want to control then just put a speed limit of 45 mph  on the race. That way no one gets hurt, no MAJOR WRECKS, that sves gas, tires, and cars. Although I thought this was NASCAR, where there is going to be some wrecks.
I Disagree  
#12 | 1666 days ago

Alpha_Dawg wrote:
look at nascars past to see how they handled such intentional wrecks. (Dale wrecking Terry Labonte at Bristol to get the win) What they did was right according to their rules and how they have opperated in the past.
You are so right about Dale.  That is how he won his championships.  It wasn't because of his good driving or being the fastest.  You either got out of his way or he turned you around just like Carl did Brad Sunday.
Other  
#13 | 1666 days ago
Diablorain (+)

cuddles127017 wrote:
You are so right about Dale.  That is how he won his championships.  It wasn't because of his good driving or being the fastest.  You either got out of his way or he turned you around just like Carl did Brad Sunday.
most of the time Dale wasnt 150 laps down either
I Disagree  
#14 | 1665 days ago

If they have rules, or change the rules, they should stick by them. Either Nascar wants the racing of yesterday or not. It seems that all the changes they have been making these past few years are getting turned around and changed back. It gets confusing...and they wonder why, fans have quit watching and going to races.
Other  
#15 | 1665 days ago

they should off fined him and tookpoints  but they did not  we might not like it but theirs nothing  we can do
I Disagree  
#16 | 1665 days ago

I went with other because I both agree and disagree with the punishment.  In the past few years, even other years where they've said they're going to let the boys "have at it", they've almost always handled altercations between two drivers with the same punishment... both drivers get a meeting with NASCAR and a 6-race probation.  Usually they also fine and dock points from the more aggresive (retaliation) move.  Though I agree with the probation being the right punishment by their previous standards they're showing that they'll allow more of this stuff by not only shrinking the probation period, but also only punishing one of the drivers.
Other  
#17 | 1665 days ago

so its ok to wreck someone if your going for the win but not for retaliation?
I Agree  
#18 | 1665 days ago

Nascar is being nascar again..they listen to the fans about wanting more beatin and bangin.. now when a little beatin and bagin get going nascar blows the whistle...Carl did what Carl had to do.. Brad started it..Carl ended it..
Brad needs to quit crying like a baby grow up and take a beating like a real man...He reminds me of Kyle Busch..always whining about something. Brad said Carl could have hurt or killed someone in the stands,. crew, whoever.. but did Brad think of that last season when he wrecked Carl?... Some fans WERE hurt there.
Other  
#19 | 1665 days ago
JRSFLAME88 (+)

The Best Picture I Could Find.  Look How High The Car Was!

I Disagree  
#20 | 1665 days ago
JRSFLAME88 (+)

BudweiserNine wrote:
Nascar is being nascar again..they listen to the fans about wanting more beatin and bangin.. now when a little beatin and bagin get going nascar blows the whistle...Carl did what Carl had to do.. Brad started it..Carl ended it..
Brad needs to quit crying like a baby grow up and take a beating like a real man...He reminds me of Kyle Busch..always whining about something. Brad said Carl could have hurt or killed someone in the stands,. crew, whoever.. but did Brad think of that last season when he wrecked Carl?... Some fans WERE hurt there.
That would be Talladegga and also Carl's own fault!
I Disagree  
#21 | 1665 days ago

Park Carl for a race!
I Disagree  
#22 | 1665 days ago

JRSFLAME88 wrote:
That would be Talladegga and also Carl's own fault!
That is true!! Carl was blocking and it was the last lap for the win!  At Atlanta Carl was laps down out of contention, and Brad had a chance to come away with a top 10 or even top 5 finish!! Brad seems to get involved with the cry babies in the sport, Kyle, Denny and Carl. Brad races hard and the other cry babies don't like it. Those cry babies have raced others drivers just has hard and you don't hear about them complaining.
I Disagree  
#23 | 1665 days ago

JRSFLAME88 wrote:
That would be Talladegga and also Carl's own fault!
yes Dega.. no not Carl's fault....
Other  
#24 | 1664 days ago
JRSFLAME88 (+)

BudweiserNine wrote:
yes Dega.. no not Carl's fault....
YES.....Carl's fault.  Do your homework.
I Disagree  
#25 | 1664 days ago

JRSFLAME88 wrote:
YES.....Carl's fault.  Do your homework.
yeah.. sure Ill get right on it.
Other  
#26 | 1664 days ago
18packabs (+)

If people would get their head out of their Keselowski they would see that truth. Talladega last year was not Carl's fault. Some People get blinded by Love so they can't see the Truth. Keselowski got what he deserved an e ticket ride. Next time he will think twice about driving through a fellow competitor. Knowing that he can never tell when they will return the favor. Payback is a real , well you know.
I Agree  
#27 | 1664 days ago
AndiLee0388 (+)

18packabs wrote:
I think they should make Carl give him some of that insurance that helps you pay yours bills when you can't go to work.........AFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-------------LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ROTFLMAO..too funny Ed


As for the Robbie comment..not gonna bite on that one,but nice try..again ROTFLMAO
I Agree  
#28 | 1662 days ago

It was not Carl's fault a Talladega, and I thought you were supposed to block when someone is trying to pass for the win!!!!
That's called racing.
Other  
#29 | 1661 days ago

tamj13067 wrote:
It was not Carl's fault a Talladega, and I thought you were supposed to block when someone is trying to pass for the win!!!!
That's called racing.
IT WAS EDWORDS FALT AT DEGA
I Disagree  
#30 | 1661 days ago

cuddles127017 wrote:
You are so right about Dale.  That is how he won his championships.  It wasn't because of his good driving or being the fastest.  You either got out of his way or he turned you around just like Carl did Brad Sunday.
YOU DONT WRECK SOME ONE WHEN YOUR 150 LAPS DOWN
I Disagree  
#31 | 1660 days ago

For whatever reason INTENTIONALLY wrecking another driver is just poor sportsmanship and should result in no less than suspension.  Bump and grind is one thing and that is the way it used to be....as they say "Rubbin' is Racin' "---I have no problem with that, but to INTENTIONALLY take out another driver earns NO RESPECT!  Being an agressive driver is one thing, but to be 156 laps down and premeditate taking out a fellow driver just because "HE DID IT TO ME" is total BS!  And for Carl to say that he did not intend for Brad to flip is a total load of crap....ALL the drivers know the issues with the cars today, and they know it doesn't seem to take much for them to flip....especially at 190+ MPH.   If Carl wanted to "spin him out and send him into the infield" as he said, I guarantee he knew exactly how to do it....and it da** sure wasn't the way he did it.  Blocking is one thing....bumping is another.....and purposely taking out another driver is something all together different.  What Carl pulled was intended for only ONE result...exactly what happened.  
I Disagree  
#32 | 1659 days ago
Anthonyg7575 (+)

tamj13067 wrote:
It was not Carl's fault a Talladega, and I thought you were supposed to block when someone is trying to pass for the win!!!!
That's called racing.
Edwards did TRY to block, but put himself right in Keslowski's way....
I Disagree  
#33 | 1659 days ago
JRSFLAME88 (+)

Anthonyg7575 wrote:
Edwards did TRY to block, but put himself right in Keslowski's way....
Thank you so much for clearing this up!
I Disagree  
#34 | 1659 days ago

Screw a single race, Carl should be parked for the rest of the season. This was a premeditated hit that could have not only seriously hurt another driver, but also put fans in danger.
I Disagree  
#35 | 1659 days ago
JRSFLAME88 (+)

RespectTheStar wrote:
Screw a single race, Carl should be parked for the rest of the season. This was a premeditated hit that could have not only seriously hurt another driver, but also put fans in danger.
Welcome to the Q! We love Nascar Fans! Jr Rules. lol
I Disagree  
#36 | 1658 days ago

carl wasn't meaning to flip him though. people would have congratulated Carl for teaching Brad a lesson if it hadn't have gone so badly wrong. I think the punishments fair enough really. He didn't try to hurt him, just to spin him and thats been going on for decades without people moaning about it (well to this extent anyway)
I Agree  
#37 | 1658 days ago
JRSFLAME88 (+)

bwfc2good4u wrote:
carl wasn't meaning to flip him though. people would have congratulated Carl for teaching Brad a lesson if it hadn't have gone so badly wrong. I think the punishments fair enough really. He didn't try to hurt him, just to spin him and thats been going on for decades without people moaning about it (well to this extent anyway)
You can not be serious?  He intentionally hit Brad.  He should have gotten some fines and penalties atleast.  If is had not been intentional than I could see this slap on the wrist, but it was not!
I Disagree  
#38 | 1658 days ago

JRSFLAME88 wrote:
You can not be serious?  He intentionally hit Brad.  He should have gotten some fines and penalties atleast.  If is had not been intentional than I could see this slap on the wrist, but it was not!
This is just another case of Carl get'n away with murder!!  This is no different than when he almost took Jr's hand off in a fit of rage during a caution or when he was try'n to be the tough guy towards Kenseth after a race!!  We are see'n his true cowardly colors and i'm convinced that the drivers will deal with him away from the media.  He is a good driver but needs to remember this is "NASCAR" and not the "Carl Edwards show"!   Every driver gets hacked off and needs to return the favor from time to time but there is a time and place for payback and that does not involve a super speedway knocking on 200mph!!  A suspension may be a little extreme but points may have got his attention.  Probation is just a joke!!  Is this NASCAR or daycare!!
I Disagree  
#39 | 1658 days ago
JRSFLAME88 (+)

tugger_hd wrote:
This is just another case of Carl get'n away with murder!!  This is no different than when he almost took Jr's hand off in a fit of rage during a caution or when he was try'n to be the tough guy towards Kenseth after a race!!  We are see'n his true cowardly colors and i'm convinced that the drivers will deal with him away from the media.  He is a good driver but needs to remember this is "NASCAR" and not the "Carl Edwards show"!   Every driver gets hacked off and needs to return the favor from time to time but there is a time and place for payback and that does not involve a super speedway knocking on 200mph!!  A suspension may be a little extreme but points may have got his attention.  Probation is just a joke!!  Is this NASCAR or daycare!!
Points are really not a factor this early in the season.  Money is really not a factor.  Parking him for a few races wouldn't work because of sponsorship reasons.  I think the entire season on probation is what he should have got. 

As much as I disagree with what Carl done he in no way was trying to kill Brad.  That car did go up in the air high enough to something very tragic could have happened to either Brad or the Fans.  Yes, Carl put a lot of people in a dangerous scenario.  He should be thanking GOD nothing worse happened! 
I Disagree  
#40 | 1658 days ago

His intention may not have been to KILL Brad, but all the drivers know the issues with the COT now days.  Carl may not have intended for the car to flip but at the same time he was fully aware that it was POSSIBLE.  Plain and simple...he INTENTIONALLY took Brad out of the race when he had absolutely NOTHING to gain from it except a little self satisfaction.  The fact that he was willing to even POSSIBLY put another driver in danger...let alone the fans shows how little respect he has for anyone other than himself.  If he is so tired of Brad pulling what he does, why not wait til the race was over, pull him out of the car and beat the crap out of him....that solves both problems--let him know you are tired of his crap and the satisfaction of smacking him around a bit.  Putting Carl off the track is what should have been done....trust me, sponsors and owners can ALWAYS find another driver.   
I Disagree  
#41 | 1656 days ago

BudweiserNine wrote:
Nascar is being nascar again..they listen to the fans about wanting more beatin and bangin.. now when a little beatin and bagin get going nascar blows the whistle...Carl did what Carl had to do.. Brad started it..Carl ended it..
Brad needs to quit crying like a baby grow up and take a beating like a real man...He reminds me of Kyle Busch..always whining about something. Brad said Carl could have hurt or killed someone in the stands,. crew, whoever.. but did Brad think of that last season when he wrecked Carl?... Some fans WERE hurt there.
i agree 100%
I Disagree  
#42 | 1656 days ago

they never done anyhing when gordan always wrecks ppl as a matter of fact they don't do anything to johnson either
I Disagree  
#43 | 1656 days ago

PROBLEM WITH THAT WAS JEFF WAS NEVER 150 LAPS DONW WHEN HE CRASHED SOME ONE
I Disagree  
#44 | 1655 days ago

(Edited by JemJenn)
greenmonkey77 wrote:
they never done anyhing when gordan always wrecks ppl as a matter of fact they don't do anything to johnson either
There is lots of bumping and grinding going on out there, that is part of racing .....but when you INTENTIONALLY take out another driver in a manner like Carl Edwards did....thats not racing.   Gordon, Johnson or anyone else that I can recall has ever been THAT far down, and so BLATANTLY and INTENTIONALLY took another driver out of the race without any thought of consequences.....and then was so nonchalant and "YEAH, SO WHAT" about it.  His whole attitude on the situation made it 1000 times worse.  To come off like "POOR PITY ME...I WAS DEFENDING MYSELF" was crap!!!  There is a time and place for that ---- 156 laps down and 190+ MPH is not the time or the place.   I am not or never really have been a big fan of either Edwards or Keselowski....so I am totally impartial as far as that goes----but any driver in the same position I would feel the same about.  In this case Edwards went so far over the line it is not even questionable...he should be parked.
I Disagree  
#45 | 1645 days ago

The fact that Carl was down by 140+ laps means that he should have been more severely punished. There is no way he was racing (the intent of letting the drivers police themselves) to the finish when he was down that much. He saw an opportunity to get back at Brad, and he took it. It's like a pitcher throwing at a batter when his team is 15 runs behind. 
I Disagree  
#46 | 1645 days ago
JRSFLAME88 (+)

MIKELIN8 wrote:
The fact that Carl was down by 140+ laps means that he should have been more severely punished. There is no way he was racing (the intent of letting the drivers police themselves) to the finish when he was down that much. He saw an opportunity to get back at Brad, and he took it. It's like a pitcher throwing at a batter when his team is 15 runs behind. 
Exactly!
I Disagree  

Post a Comment   Already a user? Sign in here
Join FanIQ - It's Free
FanIQ is the ultimate free community for sports fans.
Talk sports with fans from all over - 1,649,417+ Comments
Track your game picks - 38,670,182,382+ Sports Predictions
Prove you know sports - 116,275+ Trivia Questions
Find fans of your teams - 11,453,110+ New Friends
Who will win the Hollywood Casino 400? (Faniq Fantasy Game)
Asked by CMB | NASCAR | 1 questions asked 09/28/14
2 predictions | 2 comments | Last by hskrdave