Skip to Next Poll »
8
Is The New Look On The Q Working For You?
We have had a couple of days to adjust to the changes on the Q.  I've not had any problems once I found out how to get to the sports sections!  It just makes it harder to get to them.  I would like to see them in a drop off box like before. Other than that I have no other complaints.

However, from messages received and comments I've had a few friends (Veteran Q'ers) who think it is about time to go.  Now, I have felt like that before myself but after venting and spending less time on here I always find myself right back here.

So lets here what is on you mind.  I want the good, the bad and the ugly!
| Closed on 05/10/10 at 05:00PM
FanIQ Pts? No | Locker Room, Miscellaneous | Multiple Choice Opinion Poll
71 Fans 
17%a. I'm Not Going Anywhere!
21%b. I Can't Find Anything!
14%c. 10 Respect Still????
23%d. The Change was too much!
25%e. I'm Taking The Other!

 &nbp;
TOP COMMENT * * * * * * * * * * * *
#70 | 1658 days ago

Drummer99 wrote:
I like this place, I really do, I'm not leaving, but, if other ppl leave, then what? I'm all for making things better, but, why take things away? Thats the part I don't get. If these things are gonna be added later, great, but, why even take them away at all?
I can handle going to bookmarks, though some ppl are not going to like that.
If those of us who have been on here for a long time can't find things without being provided links by the mods, how are new members ever going to find anything except Playbook and Quick Fantasy?  Seems like everything is going to be phased out, except for the gambling aspect.  I think they're promising they're listening, while taking things away a little at a time in an attempt to keep the exodus of current members to a manageable trickle while they hope to get new enrollees interested solely in the gambling features.

It's their venture, and they can obviously do what they want.  I'll have to say I'm puzzled with the cavalier way in which the loyal fan base has been valued.  Imagine how many possible referrals are being lost with the loss of each established member.
  
122 Comments | Sorted by Most Recent First | Red = You Disagreed
Vote for your favorite comments. Fans decide the Top Comment (3+ votes) and also hide poor quality comments (4+ votes).
#1 | 1659 days ago

(Edited by Michael_G)
Doesn't bother me at all, I've already figured it out and bookmarked my friend feed which was the only thing I was irritated by when I couldn't find it, so, until it changes to a  wagering site only or the Locker Room is taken away I'll be here as always.
I'm Not Going Anywhere!  
#2 | 1659 days ago

what happened to find/locate a friend? Also I'm really tired of this site trying to direct me to facebook whenever I want to play quick fantasy or playbook. on that
The Change was too much!  
#3 | 1659 days ago

I am thinking it's about time to move on also.
10 Respect Still????  
#4 | 1659 days ago
cubsgirl2 (+)

Michael_G wrote:
Doesn't bother me at all, I've already figured it out and bookmarked my friend feed which was the only thing I was irritated by when I couldn't find it, so, until it changes to a  wagering site only or the Locker Room is taken away I'll be here as always.
 That says it perfect. 
#5 | 1659 days ago
JRSFLAME88 (+)

cuddles127017 wrote:
I am thinking it's about time to move on also.
No Cuddles you can't leave me!  You are the Mom here.  Who would I come to for advice?  You are one that I feel I can trust.
I'm Taking The Other!  
#6 | 1659 days ago
Scottpositron27 (+)

what, who went where?
10 Respect Still????  
#7 | 1659 days ago

I am just upset that I can't find any fan articles or hotlinks.
I Can't Find Anything!  
#8 | 1659 days ago

Im a little confused what they have done. i dont know how long I will be here on this site. I really like people here. Im just a little lost about all this. I might work it and I might not work with it.   
The Change was too much!  
#9 | 1659 days ago
ChristiSunshine (+)

 I miss the blogs.  I miss many things that made this site what I loved.  I'm not a fantasy/trivia/quiz person.  IDK why I'm even sticking around at this point.
The Change was too much!  
#10 | 1659 days ago

sbertschmann wrote:
I am just upset that I can't find any fan articles or hotlinks.
...among other things.
I'm Taking The Other!  
#11 | 1659 days ago

I'm not digging having to bookmark links but I'll deal with it.

I'm pretty stubborn-----They would have to take away the whole NHL part (by the way---what ever happened to NHL fantasy? ) and the Locker Room to see me leave.
I'm Not Going Anywhere!  
#12 | 1659 days ago

ChristiSunshine wrote:
 I miss the blogs.  I miss many things that made this site what I loved.  I'm not a fantasy/trivia/quiz person.  IDK why I'm even sticking around at this point.
Because your Predators are in the Playoffs and you want to celebrate with me on the success both teams will have.
I'm Not Going Anywhere!  
#13 | 1659 days ago

coyotedances wrote:
what happened to find/locate a friend? Also I'm really tired of this site trying to direct me to facebook whenever I want to play quick fantasy or playbook. on that
Here ya go Mike...bookmark this and you will be able to find your friends

http://www.faniq.com/member_feed.php
I'm Not Going Anywhere!  
#14 | 1659 days ago
JRSFLAME88 (+)

(Edited by JRSFLAME88)
This link helps me a lot:   www.faniq.com/more 
I still prefer the drop down tabs!
I'm Taking The Other!  
#15 | 1659 days ago

Michael_G wrote:
Here ya go Mike...bookmark this and you will be able to find your friends

http://www.faniq.com/member_feed.php
thank you
The Change was too much!  
#16 | 1659 days ago
Mr_Rogers (+)

Another unnecessary change, I just dont get it. No one is calling for change, I dont see why they just cant leave wll enough alone.
#17 | 1659 days ago
ChristiSunshine (+)

Mr_Rogers wrote:
Another unnecessary change, I just dont get it. No one is calling for change, I dont see why they just cant leave wll enough alone.
 three syllables for ya:  in.vest.ors.
The Change was too much!  
#18 | 1659 days ago

ChristiSunshine wrote:
 three syllables for ya:  in.vest.ors.
 You are singing the right tune there, Christi........
#19 | 1659 days ago

whats the old saying............IF IT AINT BROKE DONT FIX IT > i want an easy access to MY FRIENDS, NOT SOME FRICKING BOOKMARK CRAP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#20 | 1659 days ago

When does Season Three begin?
#21 | 1659 days ago
cubsgirl2 (+)

Jeff_P wrote:
whats the old saying............IF IT AINT BROKE DONT FIX IT > i want an easy access to MY FRIENDS, NOT SOME FRICKING BOOKMARK CRAP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 I'm here Jeff 
#22 | 1659 days ago

I'll continue to stick it out, but I'm thinking the future doesn't look too bright for the Q
I'm Taking The Other!  
#23 | 1659 days ago
jasonwrites (+)

ChristiSunshine wrote:
 I miss the blogs.  I miss many things that made this site what I loved.  I'm not a fantasy/trivia/quiz person.  IDK why I'm even sticking around at this point.
 Just as long as we know where to find your awesomeness. 
I'm Taking The Other!  
#24 | 1659 days ago
jasonwrites (+)

 Yes, these changes are all about what will make the site turn a profit. And that's fine. This is America and that is capitalism, folks. You can't blame them for wanting to make money off their venture. We may not like all the changes but-- we don't pay them anything but our time, so to be brutally honest, I don't think we really deserve much of a say in it, though I do have to believe that in most cases it's beneficial for your business model if you take the time to listen to your most loyal users.
I'm Taking The Other!  
#25 | 1659 days ago
cubsgirl2 (+)

ChristiSunshine wrote:
 I miss the blogs.  I miss many things that made this site what I loved.  I'm not a fantasy/trivia/quiz person.  IDK why I'm even sticking around at this point.
 Because you would miss us. 
#26 | 1659 days ago

MIKELIN8 wrote:
When does Season Three begin?
It's just season Two.
#27 | 1659 days ago
ArmyStrong212 (+)

I cant find my Mail box. anyone know where it went
I Can't Find Anything!  
#28 | 1659 days ago

ArmyStrong212 wrote:
I cant find my Mail box. anyone know where it went
 Mail box
I'm Not Going Anywhere!  
#29 | 1659 days ago

 I like it! 
I'm Not Going Anywhere!  
#30 | 1659 days ago

While I understand the "profit" aspect, it doesn't mean I have to like it.  I have too many bookmarks already....guess I'll have to go back to trivia.  I've been trying to recruit a friend for here....but I'll stop now...he is not into the fantasy stuff...
I Can't Find Anything!  
#31 | 1659 days ago

It is different, but as most Mods have said, it is mainly cosmetic. It was difficult to navigate at first, of course being that I was drunk probably didn't help. But now I am figuring it out and it is no big deal.
I'm Not Going Anywhere!  
#32 | 1659 days ago

(Edited by MIKELIN8)
VIOLET wrote:
It's just season Two.
I know, sweetheart...I was joking!
#33 | 1659 days ago
Diablorain (+)

i have no idea why they got rid of the fan articles and hotlinks and stuff? but i do like that they kept pick em and polls....but other then that this was  not a good idea to change it like they did
The Change was too much!  
#34 | 1659 days ago
Diablorain (+)

oh the only way to get to fan articles is through locker room now?weird?
The Change was too much!  
#35 | 1659 days ago
JRSFLAME88 (+)

Diablorain wrote:
i have no idea why they got rid of the fan articles and hotlinks and stuff? but i do like that they kept pick em and polls....but other then that this was  not a good idea to change it like they did

It's about time you came to one of my polls!    They have not gone anywhere!  I know what you are looking for.

www.faniq.com/nascar


Now Behave and we will celebrate Jr's win later!

 

I'm Taking The Other!  
#36 | 1659 days ago

 It is less work to put bookmarks of your most visited links in your Favorites folder, than it is to post numerous complaints on these boards.
I'm Not Going Anywhere!  
#37 | 1659 days ago

cubsgirl2 wrote:
 I'm here Jeff 
thanks glenda....this new stuff sucks !!!!!!!!!!!
#38 | 1659 days ago
JRSFLAME88 (+)

Kenne wrote:
 It is less work to put bookmarks of your most visited links in your Favorites folder, than it is to post numerous complaints on these boards.
True.  However, it would be nice if their was just a drop down tab with all the sports in it. Like The Locker Room is under "Other Games".   Also,  when Season 2 came in everyone asked for more than 10 respects a day.  We were told that we were "being heard and it was being worked on".....................I see a lot of changes, but NO increase in Respects!
I'm Taking The Other!  
#39 | 1659 days ago

Mr_Rogers wrote:
Another unnecessary change, I just dont get it. No one is calling for change, I dont see why they just cant leave wll enough alone.
I just don't get all the people getting upset by change, what are they all, Republicans.?
I'm Not Going Anywhere!  
#40 | 1659 days ago

kteacher wrote:
I'm not digging having to bookmark links but I'll deal with it.

I'm pretty stubborn-----They would have to take away the whole NHL part (by the way---what ever happened to NHL fantasy? ) and the Locker Room to see me leave.
I'm with you, just the NHL Playbook isn't quite doing it for me, I was soooo waiting for the NHL Fantasy, and now we have baseball, with a looooooooooooooong regular season ahead of us.  I never could get into the NBA fantasy, I'm just not into the NBA, but I really really wanted NHL.  Too bad, no one listens to us
#41 | 1659 days ago

I was bothered when it first changed. I'm still a little bothered, but, I bookmarked stuff, which makes it tolerable, but, not like before, it just seems like things are taken away on each change. I like some betting, but, not excessive with it. As long as they keep the team pages, the mail, polls and pick'ms I'm ok with it.
10 Respect Still????  
#42 | 1659 days ago

Kenne wrote: Thank you and thank you armystrong for asking.  This was the last thing for me to find since I rarely have the time to get on here and really "dig" for things.
I'm Taking The Other!  
#43 | 1659 days ago

LoriDbl18fan wrote:
Thank you and thank you armystrong for asking.  This was the last thing for me to find since I rarely have the time to get on here and really "dig" for things.
 Glad to have helped then 
I'm Not Going Anywhere!  
#44 | 1658 days ago

I miss the blogs and hotlinks.  They seem to have vanished for sports but remained for the locker room.  I am not a fan of the betting thing in any way shape or form.  Nor am I into this fantasy thing.  I just liked the blogs, polls, and sometimes the trivia.  

Just my 2 cents.  For what it's worth.
#45 | 1658 days ago

I went from being on here everyday to just checking about once every week or two. There's not much of a point to get on here anymore. =/.
I'm Taking The Other!  
#46 | 1658 days ago

TOTALLY SUCKS!!!!!  HATE IT
I Can't Find Anything!  
#47 | 1658 days ago

ChristiSunshine wrote:
 three syllables for ya:  in.vest.ors.
wont get em anywhere  if people HATE IT!!!
I Can't Find Anything!  
#48 | 1658 days ago

Kenne wrote: now why cant that button just be on ur welcome screen... doesnt make sense at all!!!!
I Can't Find Anything!  
#49 | 1658 days ago

MIKELIN8 wrote:
I know, sweetheart...I was joking!
I know Mike
#50 | 1658 days ago
ChristiSunshine (+)

mikemor62 wrote:
wont get em anywhere  if people HATE IT!!!
 You're preaching to the choir..  I hate it too.
The Change was too much!  
#51 | 1658 days ago

I have been here almost 4 years and have seen changes, some good and some bad.

I won't complain (too much); if FanIq becomes more trouble than its worth I will just quietly move on.






I'm staying but I'm kind of curious. Is FanIq turning into a gambling website?
I'm Not Going Anywhere!  
#52 | 1658 days ago

When I started it was for sports info, triva and then I found the Locker room and made friends.  Sports news hasn't been real strong lately and now I have to dig to find friends to give out my daily ten generic "respects"!  Don't drop a F-bomb, show nipples, penis prints, or make drug references here! This is a PG-13 website that just happens to have sports betting on it's front page! At least the kiddies won't have to dig for that!

I Can't Find Anything!  
#53 | 1658 days ago

JRSFLAME88 wrote:
True.  However, it would be nice if their was just a drop down tab with all the sports in it. Like The Locker Room is under "Other Games".   Also,  when Season 2 came in everyone asked for more than 10 respects a day.  We were told that we were "being heard and it was being worked on".....................I see a lot of changes, but NO increase in Respects!
Another change is in the polls.  I can see a list of polls, and I can search for polls, but the page only gives me one page.  I know there are a lot of polls, but there is no way to see the next page.
I Can't Find Anything!  
#54 | 1658 days ago

ArmyStrong212 wrote:
I cant find my Mail box. anyone know where it went
WHEN YOU FIND YOURS, COULD YOU LOOK FOR MINE TOO? MY Q BUCKS ARE GONE..THEY TOOK AWAY MY WHOLE EVERYTHING ON HERE & I'VEINVITED MANY PEOPLE TO THIS SITE..WHY CAN'T THINGS BE LEFT ALONE? IT WASN'T BROKE NOW, IT IS..I'M TOALLY LOST..AND PISSED..
I Can't Find Anything!  
#55 | 1658 days ago

I AGREE WITH YOU..I DON'T WANT THIS SITE ON MY FB..I JOINED ONHERE & THAT'S WHERE I WANT IT LEFT..THIS REALLY IRKSME..IT TOOK AWAY MY ORIGINAL NAME, E-MAIL ACCT. HOOKED UP WITH THIS SITE AND MY GIFTS..I'VE TRIEDTO LOG INAND THIS B.S. ISPOPPING UP..FB IS A "DIFFERENT SITE"..IF I'M STAYINGHERE, THEY BETTER LEAVE IT ALONE...UGGGHHH!
I Can't Find Anything!  
#56 | 1658 days ago
vindog (+)

I just wanna know where the bookmark is for TEAM BLACK?
I'm Taking The Other!  
#57 | 1658 days ago

vindog wrote:
I just wanna know where the bookmark is for TEAM BLACK?
 Haha after this week you may not need it.....
#58 | 1658 days ago

GRAY is THE TEAM TO BEAT!!!
I Can't Find Anything!  
#59 | 1658 days ago
vindog (+)

icfeet wrote:
GRAY is THE TEAM TO BEAT!!!
LOL!  Someone has been telling you lies! 
I'm Taking The Other!  
#60 | 1658 days ago
ChristiSunshine (+)

reevbel wrote:
WHEN YOU FIND YOURS, COULD YOU LOOK FOR MINE TOO? MY Q BUCKS ARE GONE..THEY TOOK AWAY MY WHOLE EVERYTHING ON HERE & I'VEINVITED MANY PEOPLE TO THIS SITE..WHY CAN'T THINGS BE LEFT ALONE? IT WASN'T BROKE NOW, IT IS..I'M TOALLY LOST..AND PISSED..
 See post #28.  click on the link and bookmark it.  It changed because the people who invest money in this site wanted it too, & unfortunately, money talks, whether the rest of us like it or not.
The Change was too much!  
#61 | 1658 days ago

ChristiSunshine wrote:
 See post #28.  click on the link and bookmark it.  It changed because the people who invest money in this site wanted it too, & unfortunately, money talks, whether the rest of us like it or not.
There is not gonna be much money if members keep leaving. It feels like a store that keeps remodeling or something. Eventually ppl will get frustrated and just say, forget it! most ppl don't like change.
10 Respect Still????  
#62 | 1658 days ago

Thought the prior format was MUCH easier to navigate..and made it more fan accessible which makes more people post.....
The Change was too much!  
#63 | 1658 days ago
ChristiSunshine (+)

Drummer99 wrote:
There is not gonna be much money if members keep leaving. It feels like a store that keeps remodeling or something. Eventually ppl will get frustrated and just say, forget it! most ppl don't like change.
 I'll probably be one of those people leaving, sooner rather than later.  Like I said, you're preaching to the choir here.
The Change was too much!  
#64 | 1658 days ago

Oddfool wrote:
Another change is in the polls.  I can see a list of polls, and I can search for polls, but the page only gives me one page.  I know there are a lot of polls, but there is no way to see the next page.
Scott found this problem as well and reported it, so it has been sent to the techs for fixing.  No word yet on when that will be, sorry
#65 | 1658 days ago

I like this place, I really do, I'm not leaving, but, if other ppl leave, then what? I'm all for making things better, but, why take things away? Thats the part I don't get. If these things are gonna be added later, great, but, why even take them away at all?
I can handle going to bookmarks, though some ppl are not going to like that.
10 Respect Still????  
#66 | 1658 days ago
jasonwrites (+)

Den-ace wrote:

When I started it was for sports info, triva and then I found the Locker room and made friends.  Sports news hasn't been real strong lately and now I have to dig to find friends to give out my daily ten generic "respects"!  Don't drop a F-bomb, show nipples, penis prints, or make drug references here! This is a PG-13 website that just happens to have sports betting on it's front page! At least the kiddies won't have to dig for that!

 Brilliant... I hadn't even connected that. We go on and on about keeping the content PG-13, yet we are promoting gambling front and center. Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
I'm Taking The Other!  
#67 | 1658 days ago
jasonwrites (+)

 I just can't help but think... where would we be if we had kept the social system, points, global ranking etc. from Season 1 and integrated Quick Fantasy and Playbook into that? It'd be the best of both worlds... but no. Never going to happen, so as Kenne said, better to spend the energy into adapting and still enjoying the aspects of the site that you find enjoyable, rather than blowing off virtual steam with an endless stream of complaints.
I'm Taking The Other!  
#68 | 1658 days ago

jasonwrites wrote:
 Brilliant... I hadn't even connected that. We go on and on about keeping the content PG-13, yet we are promoting gambling front and center. Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
I was just about to say the same thing. In AZ, you have to be 21 to gamble(lottery,casinos) but at FanIQ you only have to be 13. FanIQ the new leaders in online hypocracy!  Well said Den-ace!
I'm Not Going Anywhere!  
#69 | 1658 days ago

(Edited by Shaconage)
gobigblue1960 wrote:
I just don't get all the people getting upset by change, what are they all, Republicans.?
Hey, I'm not a Republican but a conservative and I'm still here dealing with the change and I'm able to work around it also and continue to go where I want, but if it becomes something other than what I came here for in the first place and they have not asked for or listened to my input and kept some of the things I like or go in a direction I don't like....you can keep the change and I will move on.
 
It seems that what I originally came here for is getting shoved to the back and things I don't care for as much are taking prominence. All in the space of one year. Have not had enough regularity to know what works and what doesn't before it is has been changed. And from what I can see, not at all from the request or input of the people who come here day in and day out.

I have noticed that many of the people who were here when I first came to this site are either gone or do not participate as much. If things keep going in a direction I don't like and are out of my control....bye, bye....at least I don't have to physically pick up and move, just hit the delete button and find another avenue of sports fan participation on the net.

I understand that the developers may want to make a profit from their well thought out site and incorporate sports gambling, but why could it not have been added without subtracting the other well thought out sports avenues? I fear that the sports venues I like may be on the outs.

I so enjoy this site, I hope that does not happen.
#70 | 1658 days ago

Drummer99 wrote:
I like this place, I really do, I'm not leaving, but, if other ppl leave, then what? I'm all for making things better, but, why take things away? Thats the part I don't get. If these things are gonna be added later, great, but, why even take them away at all?
I can handle going to bookmarks, though some ppl are not going to like that.
If those of us who have been on here for a long time can't find things without being provided links by the mods, how are new members ever going to find anything except Playbook and Quick Fantasy?  Seems like everything is going to be phased out, except for the gambling aspect.  I think they're promising they're listening, while taking things away a little at a time in an attempt to keep the exodus of current members to a manageable trickle while they hope to get new enrollees interested solely in the gambling features.

It's their venture, and they can obviously do what they want.  I'll have to say I'm puzzled with the cavalier way in which the loyal fan base has been valued.  Imagine how many possible referrals are being lost with the loss of each established member.
#71 | 1658 days ago
jasonwrites (+)

HouTxFan wrote:
If those of us who have been on here for a long time can't find things without being provided links by the mods, how are new members ever going to find anything except Playbook and Quick Fantasy?  Seems like everything is going to be phased out, except for the gambling aspect.  I think they're promising they're listening, while taking things away a little at a time in an attempt to keep the exodus of current members to a manageable trickle while they hope to get new enrollees interested solely in the gambling features.

It's their venture, and they can obviously do what they want.  I'll have to say I'm puzzled with the cavalier way in which the loyal fan base has been valued.  Imagine how many possible referrals are being lost with the loss of each established member.
 That's it... OOR now. Well said.
I'm Taking The Other!  
#72 | 1658 days ago

HouTxFan wrote:
If those of us who have been on here for a long time can't find things without being provided links by the mods, how are new members ever going to find anything except Playbook and Quick Fantasy?  Seems like everything is going to be phased out, except for the gambling aspect.  I think they're promising they're listening, while taking things away a little at a time in an attempt to keep the exodus of current members to a manageable trickle while they hope to get new enrollees interested solely in the gambling features.

It's their venture, and they can obviously do what they want.  I'll have to say I'm puzzled with the cavalier way in which the loyal fan base has been valued.  Imagine how many possible referrals are being lost with the loss of each established member.
Exactly what must be happening.....darn the writing is on the wall.
#73 | 1657 days ago

I still say if it is not broke do not fix it ... but we all seen that our opinions do not count even when asked.
I'm Taking The Other!  
#74 | 1657 days ago

the change is too much, i'm lost! but, then i know i still can manage (patience)
The Change was too much!  
#75 | 1657 days ago
TheGregg (+)

I'll just sum it up with one word   HELL NO! (ok thats 2 words but you get the idea)

I'm Taking The Other!  
#76 | 1657 days ago

Jeff_P wrote:
whats the old saying............IF IT AINT BROKE DONT FIX IT > i want an easy access to MY FRIENDS, NOT SOME FRICKING BOOKMARK CRAP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Same sentiments LOL
#77 | 1657 days ago
adamace (+)

faniq is no longer what it used to be.


those who have stuck around for a few years know exactly what i mean. i may be quittin' the Q soon, not that it matters.......most of my peeps have already jumped off the train.
#78 | 1657 days ago

In the long run, the site and everything that goes on on here is for those who operate and have a vested interest in the site..  There's no problem with that, we all have to get by somehow, so even though I can complain about the changes, the overall point of the changes is something that we in the locker room are not privy to.  It's clear the goal since the end of season 1 is to push to more of a sportsbook/fantasy site.  That's why the locker room continues to be ignored and requests go unheard.  The locker room draws in some constant traffic, and that's the only reason it's still around.  Respects will not be increase, smart/funny buttons will not come back, and eventually there will be even more limitations put on the locker room.
The fact that it's way more difficult to interact with other "fans" (you have to be kidding that you can't navigate from a homepage to your mailbox and friend feed) shows that the site is no longer about bringing sports fans together.
It is what it is, and I'll probably stick around for the next few months until they find a way to turn this into a betus or bodog type site and they boot everyone out
#79 | 1657 days ago

i have just barely been here for 6 months now and i have seen three versions of this place. the inconsistency and the new closed-door policy are what bug me.
#80 | 1657 days ago

ChristiSunshine wrote:
 I miss the blogs.  I miss many things that made this site what I loved.  I'm not a fantasy/trivia/quiz person.  IDK why I'm even sticking around at this point.
THANK YOU!!!

I've been thinking like that FOR AGES!!!  Blogs and Polls are what MADE this place!!
#81 | 1657 days ago

The_Real_Stoney wrote:
In the long run, the site and everything that goes on on here is for those who operate and have a vested interest in the site..  There's no problem with that, we all have to get by somehow, so even though I can complain about the changes, the overall point of the changes is something that we in the locker room are not privy to.  It's clear the goal since the end of season 1 is to push to more of a sportsbook/fantasy site.  That's why the locker room continues to be ignored and requests go unheard.  The locker room draws in some constant traffic, and that's the only reason it's still around.  Respects will not be increase, smart/funny buttons will not come back, and eventually there will be even more limitations put on the locker room.
The fact that it's way more difficult to interact with other "fans" (you have to be kidding that you can't navigate from a homepage to your mailbox and friend feed) shows that the site is no longer about bringing sports fans together.
It is what it is, and I'll probably stick around for the next few months until they find a way to turn this into a betus or bodog type site and they boot everyone out
Been hesitant to say it, but haven't seen it said better to date!!  Amen dude!
#82 | 1657 days ago
Sherry63 (+)

I cant see if any one is online :(
The Change was too much!  
#83 | 1657 days ago
Sporz_Freek (+)

Sherry63 wrote:
I cant see if any one is online :(
They've taken that all away.But, those stupid msgs 300 days old still keep popping down!
#84 | 1657 days ago

Michael_G wrote:
Here ya go Mike...bookmark this and you will be able to find your friends

http://www.faniq.com/member_feed.php
OK...I'm not the most educated person on line, but what....I"m still lookin for my mail box too...
I Can't Find Anything!  
#85 | 1656 days ago

?Frustrating!!! cant find mail , or friend feeds,,its hard to leave comments, my messages keep dissapearing....grrrr.if it aint broke......
The Change was too much!  
#86 | 1656 days ago
ChristiSunshine (+)

Onegoodredhead2 wrote:
?Frustrating!!! cant find mail , or friend feeds,,its hard to leave comments, my messages keep dissapearing....grrrr.if it aint broke......
 for your mailbox, go to comment #28, click on the link & bookmark it.
The Change was too much!  
#87 | 1656 days ago
vindog (+)

ChristiSunshine wrote:
 for your mailbox, go to comment #28, click on the link & bookmark it.
Ok so how do you bookmark something?
I'm Taking The Other!  
#88 | 1656 days ago

And how do you see more than one page of results in the Locker Room Polls?
#89 | 1656 days ago

Wanted: A web site that is sports oriented, fan friendly, keeps it simple, and doesn't change every three months. If found message me and perhaps I will be able to find message next time I log on!
#90 | 1656 days ago
JRSFLAME88 (+)

Alpha_Dawg wrote:
Wanted: A web site that is sports oriented, fan friendly, keeps it simple, and doesn't change every three months. If found message me and perhaps I will be able to find message next time I log on!
Quit complaining!  I will help you!
I'm Taking The Other!  
#91 | 1656 days ago
ChristiSunshine (+)

vindog wrote:
Ok so how do you bookmark something?
 i use google chrome & there's a little star next to the browser.  I think with IE, you add it to your favorites or something.
The Change was too much!  
#92 | 1656 days ago

Here, this will help..

I'm Taking The Other!  
#93 | 1656 days ago

Beaneaters wrote:
Here, this will help..

Hey, thats the easy version, thanks.
10 Respect Still????  
#94 | 1656 days ago
vindog (+)

Beaneaters wrote:
Here, this will help..

Thanks "The Artist"!  I've got it all covered now!
I'm Taking The Other!  
#95 | 1656 days ago

ChristiSunshine wrote:
 for your mailbox, go to comment #28, click on the link & bookmark it.
comment #28?? where? ,thanks..!
The Change was too much!  
#96 | 1655 days ago

(Edited by Dream_Machine)
I'm Taking The Other!  
#97 | 1655 days ago

Don't Worry, About a thing, Because Every Little Thing, Is Gonna Be Alright.....

Se Kefe!
I'm Taking The Other!  
#98 | 1655 days ago
Blonde_Kitten (+)

The crap with bookmarking, cant find shoutouts, no blogs, no nuttin.. just quiz, trivia and polls...  not for me....
I Can't Find Anything!  
#99 | 1652 days ago

Another thing to think about with all these "bookmarking" to find what people really want... not everyone can.  Some use work/public computers or have more than one computer they use.  I'm really starting to see ALL the reasons why so many people I've known since I came here have left or are leaving.
I'm Taking The Other!  
#100 | 1652 days ago

Things that work good shouldn't be changed!Season 1 worked great for most of people,but now when we finally get used to something,things change again (from bad to worse)!I'm not crazy about the Q like I used to be!
#101 | 1652 days ago
jasonwrites (+)

LoriDbl18fan wrote:
Another thing to think about with all these "bookmarking" to find what people really want... not everyone can.  Some use work/public computers or have more than one computer they use.  I'm really starting to see ALL the reasons why so many people I've known since I came here have left or are leaving.
 There are many online/"social" bookmarking services, which save your bookmarks online so you can access them no matter what computer you use. Also, Google Chrome will synchronize bookmarks automatically so that any computer you use Chrome on will have the same bookmarks. Just a PSA... 
I'm Taking The Other!  
#102 | 1652 days ago

I can't say that I like it. I came here to talk about sports, and talk about sports news. While I appreciate the community here, I can no longer find any sports news, or discussions from the main page, only links to the games, fantasy, gambling, and locker room. I tried to find news stories or blogs on MLB and NFL, and found absolutely nothing. I shouldn't have to bookmark hidden sections to find them, if they are even there. While I appreciate the time I had here, it has become almost impossible to do what I enjoyed here, so I can't see myself coming back much at all.
#103 | 1652 days ago
ChristiSunshine (+)

TheRoss wrote:
I can't say that I like it. I came here to talk about sports, and talk about sports news. While I appreciate the community here, I can no longer find any sports news, or discussions from the main page, only links to the games, fantasy, gambling, and locker room. I tried to find news stories or blogs on MLB and NFL, and found absolutely nothing. I shouldn't have to bookmark hidden sections to find them, if they are even there. While I appreciate the time I had here, it has become almost impossible to do what I enjoyed here, so I can't see myself coming back much at all.
 Those sections aren't hidden now.  they're gone.
The Change was too much!  
#104 | 1652 days ago

TheRoss wrote:
I can't say that I like it. I came here to talk about sports, and talk about sports news. While I appreciate the community here, I can no longer find any sports news, or discussions from the main page, only links to the games, fantasy, gambling, and locker room. I tried to find news stories or blogs on MLB and NFL, and found absolutely nothing. I shouldn't have to bookmark hidden sections to find them, if they are even there. While I appreciate the time I had here, it has become almost impossible to do what I enjoyed here, so I can't see myself coming back much at all.
did you find the hawks live thread because i couldnt and that was truly disappointing during the playoffs?
#105 | 1651 days ago

The Best of Web is not gone, but no, it is no longer linked from any part of the site - except from a profile page, where someone has commented on a BoW Thread.  There are still a few of us posting news articles and hotlinks to the BoW, but honestly, no one is using the bookmarking to go to them and comments have fallen off drastically.  I know personally it is discouraging to spend 2 hours writing an article to have it sit unviewed for 24 hours or more.  I'm not a knowledgeable NBA fan, so although Scott recenlty posted an NBA article, no one has been creating Live Threads. 

Likewise, your team pages are still there, you can find them by clicking on them from your own profile page.  Unfortunately, because people are having trouble navigating around the site, comments everywhere, except the Locker Room, seem to be decreasing.  As Jason said above, there are other ways to bookmark your favorite areas of the site.  I just want to encourage everyone to use what resources ARE there.  Although we can all read the problems and complaints, unfortunately there is nothing any of us can do other than offer those resources.
#106 | 1651 days ago

time to unbookmark the page..... :-(
I'm Taking The Other!  
#107 | 1651 days ago
jasonwrites (+)

Debi_L wrote:
The Best of Web is not gone, but no, it is no longer linked from any part of the site - except from a profile page, where someone has commented on a BoW Thread.  There are still a few of us posting news articles and hotlinks to the BoW, but honestly, no one is using the bookmarking to go to them and comments have fallen off drastically.  I know personally it is discouraging to spend 2 hours writing an article to have it sit unviewed for 24 hours or more.  I'm not a knowledgeable NBA fan, so although Scott recenlty posted an NBA article, no one has been creating Live Threads. 

Likewise, your team pages are still there, you can find them by clicking on them from your own profile page.  Unfortunately, because people are having trouble navigating around the site, comments everywhere, except the Locker Room, seem to be decreasing.  As Jason said above, there are other ways to bookmark your favorite areas of the site.  I just want to encourage everyone to use what resources ARE there.  Although we can all read the problems and complaints, unfortunately there is nothing any of us can do other than offer those resources.
 You're right, Debi, that there are ways to bookmark, and even carry those bookmarks across computers. And while those of us passionate enough to still want to comment on sports can use bookmarks, what you're saying has happened is inevitable and only going to get worse-- the comments are going to dwindle to practically nothing. People are conditioned now to finding things quickly online, and if your site navigation is inconvenient, inaccessible, incomprehensible or worse of all nonexistent, they're not going to spend time hunting for needles in haystacks, especially when there are dozens of other sites with the same news and information, or they can spend five seconds typing a phrase into Google and finding exactly what they want.
I'm Taking The Other!  
#108 | 1650 days ago

coyotedances wrote:
what happened to find/locate a friend? Also I'm really tired of this site trying to direct me to facebook whenever I want to play quick fantasy or playbook. on that
Agreed, but I can live with the rest.
10 Respect Still????  
#109 | 1646 days ago

Thanks for all the bookmark links everybody!  
The Change was too much!  
#110 | 1646 days ago

I've adjusted, do I like it? at first no, just like season 2...... but now? I don't care anymore, I got over it. I like it here.
10 Respect Still????  
#111 | 1644 days ago
Sherry63 (+)

No one was bitching at all until Fan IQ  changed it the first time. What was wrong the with this sight in the first place? Hum no money is all I can guess... Why would you keep making changes that the majority of people arent happy with? I made a lot of close friends on here now Im down to just a few, because everyone has left. So to me FAN IQ dont give a damn about anyone but the money. It dont matter how many polls we have its not going to get anything back. Its just good to vent. You said you wanted to hear it all the good the bad and the ugly. Sorry nothing good to say at this time. I will probably be going too. I only log on maybe once a week anyway. And I will be damned they arent getting any of my money!
The Change was too much!  
#112 | 1644 days ago
Sherry63 (+)

Kenne wrote: Well when you find it let me know. I cant find anything. And boy it gets more and more fun here. NOT!
The Change was too much!  
#113 | 1644 days ago
ChristiSunshine (+)

Sherry63 wrote:
Well when you find it let me know. I cant find anything. And boy it gets more and more fun here. NOT!
 He did find it.  Click on his words and it will take you straight to your mailbox.  Then bookmark it, if you want.
The Change was too much!  
#114 | 1644 days ago

I'm glad this is my busy season at work so I don't have to spend too much time worrying about how bad things have gotten.
10 Respect Still????  
#115 | 1644 days ago
Sherry63 (+)

ChristiSunshine wrote:
 He did find it.  Click on his words and it will take you straight to your mailbox.  Then bookmark it, if you want.
Thank you
The Change was too much!  
#116 | 1644 days ago

Why should I complain it will all change tomorrow!!!
I'm Taking The Other!  
#117 | 1644 days ago

Sherry63 wrote:
Thank you
 You can usually bookmark it by hitting Ctrl+D
I'm Not Going Anywhere!  
#118 | 1643 days ago
Sherry63 (+)

Kenne wrote:
 You can usually bookmark it by hitting Ctrl+D
thank you
The Change was too much!  
#119 | 1642 days ago

Well, nothing really ever stays the same...the things I liked, I will find elsewhere...no need to really complain because this is a free site...
I Can't Find Anything!  
#120 | 1642 days ago

MIRACLE, HURRA, I FIND MY MAILBOX , THAK YOU M , BUT WHERE IS MAIL BOX, I PIC IN NUMER 28 ,HIPPI YA .- THIS SECOND MAKE ME FEEL LIKE THIS GIRL ,WHAT BOTTON I PIC?
The Change was too much!  
#121 | 1642 days ago

noti4 wrote:
MIRACLE, HURRA, I FIND MY MAILBOX , THAK YOU M , BUT WHERE IS MAIL BOX, I PIC IN NUMER 28 ,HIPPI YA .- THIS SECOND MAKE ME FEEL LIKE THIS GIRL ,WHAT BOTTON I PIC?
  Mail box
I'm Not Going Anywhere!  
#122 | 1637 days ago
Sherry63 (+)

Sherry63 wrote:
Thank you
Thank you
The Change was too much!  

Post a Comment   Already a user? Sign in here
Join FanIQ - It's Free
FanIQ is the ultimate free community for sports fans.
Talk sports with fans from all over - 1,649,417+ Comments
Track your game picks - 38,670,182,382+ Sports Predictions
Prove you know sports - 116,275+ Trivia Questions
Find fans of your teams - 11,453,110+ New Friends
30 DAY DRAWING CHALLENGE DAY 25
Asked by ms_hippie_queen | Locker Room, Miscellaneous | 1 questions asked 08/19/13
6 opinions | 3 comments | Last by woody050681
Go ahead make my day
Asked by 18packabs | Locker Room, Miscellaneous | 1 questions asked 05/08/12
29 opinions | 46 comments | Last by KSbengals99
When Crap Goes Wrong!!
Asked by BamaMan | Locker Room, Miscellaneous | 1 questions asked 07/25/12
20 opinions | 19 comments | Last by KSbengals99
Neighbors,Neighbors,Neighbors
Asked by CAPTAINSEAFOOD | Locker Room, Miscellaneous | 1 questions asked 05/14/12
24 opinions | 28 comments | Last by KSbengals99
Joke of the day 12/15
Asked by huskerdoug2009 | Locker Room, Miscellaneous | 1 questions asked 12/15/12
12 opinions | 5 comments | Last by KSbengals99