Skip to Next Poll »
15
Useless information

What is the most useless but interesting information that you know and want to share?

 

 

| Closed on 12/13/07 at 05:00PM
FanIQ Pts? No | Locker Room, Trivia | Multiple Choice Opinion Poll
51 Fans 
65%a. This or that
35%b. Drrrr i got nuttin.

 &nbp;
TOP COMMENT * * * * * * * * * * * *
#14 | 2561 days ago

 I just discovered something about two weeks ago. If you get poison oak, DO NOT MASTURBATE.
This or that  
  
80 Comments | Sorted by Most Recent First | Red = You Disagreed
Vote for your favorite comments. Fans decide the Top Comment (3+ votes) and also hide poor quality comments (4+ votes).
#1 | 2561 days ago

All of the clocks in the movie "Pulp Fiction" are stuck on 4:20.
This or that  
#2 | 2561 days ago
Anthonyg7575 (+)

Seth wrote:
All of the clocks in the movie "Pulp Fiction" are stuck on 4:20.
I wish my clock was always stuck on 4:20.
This or that  
#3 | 2561 days ago

It’s estimated that at any one time around 0.7% of the world’s population is drunk

This or that  
#4 | 2561 days ago

A man invented lighted flower pots, but didnt like the idea, so he gave it to a friend, who then turned the invention "the battery" into flashlights and $60,000,000.00 in 2 decades.  You would think that it was a bad move... however, the man who made the flower pots decided to turn his efforts into something else.  This man was Joshua L Cowen.  The L stands for Lionel as in Lionel trains...

This or that  
#5 | 2561 days ago

"It seems that the upper-class Roman women paid top dollar for their version of toothpaste - human urine. Not any urine would do. They couldn't use their own pee, they had to actually pay money for it. It had to be Portuguese urine, believed to be the strongest in the world. It must have been real good at cleaning those teeth by the time they brought it all the way from Portugal. 

Urine was an active component in toothpastes and mouthwashes until the eighteenth century! Believe it or not, it actually worked. It seems that the ammonia molecules (still used in modern pastes) in the urine does a great job at whitening teeth. It makes one great tasting mouthwash. Can you imagine going to a party where everyone has rinsed with that stuff? I would leave early. "

This or that  
#6 | 2561 days ago

The phrase “rule of thumb” is derived from an old English law, which stated that you couldn’t beat your wife with anything wider than your thumb.

This or that  
#7 | 2561 days ago

(Edited by Indydave)
the first virtual marketing website ever created was www.subservientchicken.com
This or that  
#8 | 2561 days ago

That hunters in the south count both sides of the antlers when determining how many points a deer is and in the north they only count one side.
This or that  
#9 | 2561 days ago

Seth wrote:

The phrase “rule of thumb” is derived from an old English law, which stated that you couldn’t beat your wife with anything wider than your thumb.

lol, great one
This or that  
#10 | 2561 days ago
Anthonyg7575 (+)

On average, 100 people choke to death on ball-point pens every year. BE CAREFUL!
This or that  
#11 | 2561 days ago

In Lexington, KY it is illegal to carry an ice cream cone in your pocket.
This or that  
#12 | 2561 days ago

Every year, more than one million miles of Twizzlers licorice is made.
This or that  
#13 | 2561 days ago

(Edited by Aceraison)
Here's another great Kentucky law.
It is illegal to shoot game out of the window of a moving vehicle, with the exception of a whale.
It's a good thing because the whale population here is out of control.
This or that  
#14 | 2561 days ago

 I just discovered something about two weeks ago. If you get poison oak, DO NOT MASTURBATE.
This or that  
#15 | 2561 days ago

you can rip off a human ear with about 8 pounds of pressure
This or that  
#16 | 2561 days ago

(Edited by Seth)
kodiakman wrote:
you can rip off a human ear with about 8 pounds of pressure

Or just use a razor blade like Mr. Blond

Mr. Blond

This or that  
#17 | 2561 days ago

KSbengals wrote:
 I just discovered something about two weeks ago. If you get poison oak, DO NOT MASTURBATE.
Well that's not useless at all!
This or that  
#18 | 2561 days ago

KSbengals wrote:
 I just discovered something about two weeks ago. If you get poison oak, DO NOT MASTURBATE.
Thats why they make latex gloves.
This or that  
#19 | 2561 days ago

At least 18 people just found out how KS got poison ivy on his penis and 5 of them gave him accolades for it!
This or that  
#20 | 2561 days ago

The first cable television signal in the United States was transmitted in the rural coastal community of Astoria, Oregon in February 1949.  Signal by antenna (back then) was usually only available in major cities, not in far-away places.
This or that  
#21 | 2561 days ago

Aceraison wrote:
Here's another great Kentucky law.
It is illegal to shoot game out of the window of a moving vehicle, with the exception of a whale.
It's a good thing because the whale population here is out of control.
If you are in Kentucky and see a whale in a field, you should be able to start plinking away at it. Weather you are in a car or not!
This or that  
#22 | 2561 days ago

I got nothing.
Drrrr i got nuttin.  
#23 | 2560 days ago

Alligators are ornery because of their medulla oblongata!
This or that  
#24 | 2560 days ago

A lit cigarette is not hot enough to ignite a puddle of gasoline as most movies would have us believe.
This or that  
#25 | 2558 days ago

Attorney Jeffrey Feiger, well-known in Michigan for defending "Dr. Death" Jack Kevorkian and later running for governor there, is the brother of The Knack lead singer Doug Feiger.
This or that  
#26 | 2558 days ago

Anthonyg7575 wrote:
On average, 100 people choke to death on ball-point pens every year. BE CAREFUL!
About twelve years ago I had a pen cap in teeth and then I started laughing and I inhaled it, but I didn't choke to death.
Drrrr i got nuttin.  
#27 | 2557 days ago

contrary to popular belief, i am not a towel

This or that  
#28 | 2557 days ago

borchers76 wrote:
About twelve years ago I had a pen cap in teeth and then I started laughing and I inhaled it, but I didn't choke to death.
Haha, obviously you didn't choke to death.  That is crazy though.
This or that  
#29 | 2556 days ago

  • A woman isn't allowed to cut her own hair without her husband's permission.
     
    (Thank GOD I'm not married)   ***other useless stupid Michigan Laws***   http://www.bitoffun.com/stupid_laws_Michigan.htm
  • This or that  
    #30 | 2556 days ago

    (Edited by TerikaHarifa)

    The word "threshold" is derived from back in the day when people used hay or thresh to cover their floors for warmth and easy cleaning (sweep out the old) and would place a piece of wood crossways at the door to keep the thresh from falling outside.

    Sad that I sometimes feel inclined to share this with customers (only when they actually ask- and they do).

    This or that  
    #31 | 2556 days ago

    just found this out today--men get the hiccups more often than women. yet another reason why you girls have it easier
    This or that  
    #32 | 2556 days ago

    in LA a person will spend 72hrs in traffic
    This or that  
    #33 | 2555 days ago

    donteisking20 wrote:
    in LA a person will spend 72hrs in traffic
    over the course of what, 3 days?
    This or that  
    #34 | 2555 days ago

    A recent study found  the average American walks about 900 miles per year. 

    Another study found  Americans drink, on average, 22 gallons of beer a year. 

    That means, on  average, Americans get about 41 miles to the gallon.

    This or that  
    #35 | 2555 days ago

    sports_schmorts wrote:

    A recent study found  the average American walks about 900 miles per year. 

    Another study found  Americans drink, on average, 22 gallons of beer a year. 

    That means, on  average, Americans get about 41 miles to the gallon.

    Do you drink beer?  Can I have your 22 gallons?
    This or that  
    #36 | 2555 days ago
    Buttons (+)

    The Rolling Stones first #1 hit "I Wanna Be Your Man" was written by Paul McCartney and John Lennon.

    This or that  
    #37 | 2555 days ago

    Lobotomy Jones wrote:
    A lit cigarette is not hot enough to ignite a puddle of gasoline as most movies would have us believe.
    On a similar note...  Most vehicles do not explode on impact.   And it is very difficult to "knock a guy out" with a blow to the head.  
    #38 | 2555 days ago

    The phrase "The whole nine yards" refers to early machine guns used in WWI.  Where one man would aim the gun and another would feed the strip of rounds into the firing chamber.  They were at most 9 yards long.

     

    And the term OK was a completely American creation.  Derived from a mispelling of an abreviation meaning all is well.  There was an opposite (OW) but that never caught on like OK did.

    #39 | 2555 days ago

    Aceraison wrote:
    Do you drink beer?  Can I have your 22 gallons?
    I dont... you can. :D
    This or that  
    #40 | 2555 days ago

    Aceraison wrote:
    Do you drink beer?  Can I have your 22 gallons?
    you can have my 22 gallons.
    This or that  
    #41 | 2555 days ago

    TerikaHarifa wrote:
    you can have my 22 gallons.
    Chris is SCORING in this MPG ratio... I wonder after 66 gallons of beer... will he be able to walk??? we might have to make it light beer just in case.
    This or that  
    #42 | 2554 days ago
    EdSpeshel (+)

    sports_schmorts wrote:
    I dont... you can. :D
    No way... I got dibbs on the extra beer.  Living with Sports_Schmorts is enough to deserve the extra beer.
    Drrrr i got nuttin.  
    #43 | 2554 days ago

    sports_schmorts wrote:
    Chris is SCORING in this MPG ratio... I wonder after 66 gallons of beer... will he be able to walk??? we might have to make it light beer just in case.
    I should be able to walk but I doubt it will be in a straight line.
    This or that  
    #44 | 2554 days ago
    Anthonyg7575 (+)

    dabirdpr wrote:
    Well that's not useless at all!
    It is if you have poison oak...
    This or that  
    #45 | 2554 days ago
    Anthonyg7575 (+)

    In Florida: Having sexual relations with a porcupine is illegal.
    This or that  
    #46 | 2554 days ago

    Anthonyg7575 wrote:
    In Florida: Having sexual relations with a porcupine is illegal.
    I'm wondering how you know that particular one
    This or that  
    #47 | 2554 days ago
    Anthonyg7575 (+)

    .....the whole situation was a little prickly.
    This or that  
    #48 | 2554 days ago

    Anthonyg7575 wrote:
    In Florida: Having sexual relations with a porcupine is illegal.
    There wouldn't be a law if it wasn't a problem.  Now we know where the term prick came from.
    This or that  
    #49 | 2554 days ago
    Anthonyg7575 (+)

    Aceraison wrote:
    There wouldn't be a law if it wasn't a problem.  Now we know where the term prick came from.

    Remember, in Kentucky : By law, anyone who has been drinking is "sober" until he or she "cannot hold onto the ground."

    This or that  
    #50 | 2553 days ago

    Seth wrote:

    It’s estimated that at any one time around 0.7% of the world’s population is drunk

    I'm sure when I die, that average will drop drastically.
    Drrrr i got nuttin.  
    #51 | 2553 days ago

    Anthonyg7575 wrote:

    Remember, in Kentucky : By law, anyone who has been drinking is "sober" until he or she "cannot hold onto the ground."

    Tell that to my parole officer!
    This or that  
    #52 | 2553 days ago

    Anthonyg7575 wrote:
    It is if you have poison oak...
    True, if it's already happened, then it's not something you want to be reminded of...
    This or that  
    #53 | 2553 days ago
    Anthonyg7575 (+)

    Aceraison wrote:
    Tell that to my parole officer!
    Where is he/she....I'll set 'em straight!
    This or that  
    #54 | 2553 days ago

    I am drinking a glass of wine...alone...while listening to some chat room woman complain about some person going into her myspace and getting pics of her kid to chop up and make a vid on youtube from some former site she was on while running amuck on an intro thread with a self proclaimed gay guy who is hilarious (the highlight of my night) waiting on 12:30 ish while cruising around faniq waiting for polls to be scored to see if I am kicking butt in H2H and reading hangout polls while listening to a cd a friend made me and chatting with a coupleof friends on yahoo...what the HECK happened to my life?
    This or that  
    #55 | 2553 days ago

    Helen wrote:
    I am drinking a glass of wine...alone...while listening to some chat room woman complain about some person going into her myspace and getting pics of her kid to chop up and make a vid on youtube from some former site she was on while running amuck on an intro thread with a self proclaimed gay guy who is hilarious (the highlight of my night) waiting on 12:30 ish while cruising around faniq waiting for polls to be scored to see if I am kicking butt in H2H and reading hangout polls while listening to a cd a friend made me and chatting with a coupleof friends on yahoo...what the HECK happened to my life?
    we're all in this together my friend.  at least you have wine. 
    This or that  
    #56 | 2552 days ago

    Helen wrote:
    I am drinking a glass of wine...alone...while listening to some chat room woman complain about some person going into her myspace and getting pics of her kid to chop up and make a vid on youtube from some former site she was on while running amuck on an intro thread with a self proclaimed gay guy who is hilarious (the highlight of my night) waiting on 12:30 ish while cruising around faniq waiting for polls to be scored to see if I am kicking butt in H2H and reading hangout polls while listening to a cd a friend made me and chatting with a coupleof friends on yahoo...what the HECK happened to my life?
     Well, you win Helen, because that was the most useless information I've ever heard.
    This or that  
    #57 | 2552 days ago

    KSbengals wrote:
     Well, you win Helen, because that was the most useless information I've ever heard.
    It was useful to you cause you replied!  HA HA
    This or that  
    #58 | 2506 days ago

    Thomas Edison (guy who invented the light bulb) was afraid of the dark.
    This or that  
    #59 | 2505 days ago

    If you have three quarters, four dimes, and four pennies, you
    have $1.19. You also have the largest amount of money in U.S.
    coins without being able to make change for a dollar.

    This was on one of my daily signup sites and thought it was crazy enough to be interesting and useless!

     

     

    This or that  
    #60 | 2504 days ago

    Lobotomy Jones wrote:
    A lit cigarette is not hot enough to ignite a puddle of gasoline as most movies would have us believe.
    Much to my little brother's dismay....
    This or that  
    #61 | 2504 days ago

    I've got two:  it takes 12 lbs of pressure to dislocate a knee.

     

    The "hast" in Rammstein's "Du Hast" is actually a double entendre between have (hast) and hate (hasst).

    This or that  
    #62 | 2504 days ago

    Anthonyg7575 wrote:

    Remember, in Kentucky : By law, anyone who has been drinking is "sober" until he or she "cannot hold onto the ground."

    If that's true, I haven't been drunk here yet in the 2 years I've lived here.  You're slipping, Aceraison!!!
    This or that  
    #63 | 2504 days ago

    RedBirdRage wrote:
    If that's true, I haven't been drunk here yet in the 2 years I've lived here.  You're slipping, Aceraison!!!
    Oh, I know all about that law.  It won't hold up in court, trust me!
    This or that  
    #64 | 2502 days ago

    In Massachusetts, Puritan Blue Laws that have never officially been repealed make it illegal to have intercourse except in the missionary position.

    #65 | 2502 days ago

    1.  Blood is red when oxygenated and turns blue/darker when the oxygen is deprived.  As such, when someone is shot the blood stains are originally red but then get darker - something always overlooked in movies.

     

    2.  Another movie overlook - you CANNOT SEE UNDERWATER.  It drives me crazy when two star-crossed lovers are dying underwater, have no goggles, and yet swim to each other from a distance, find each other, gaze painfully into each other's eyes, and kiss while holding their breath for between twenty and thirty minutes before expring.

    #66 | 2502 days ago

    dougmedacorp wrote:

    1.  Blood is red when oxygenated and turns blue/darker when the oxygen is deprived.  As such, when someone is shot the blood stains are originally red but then get darker - something always overlooked in movies.

     

    2.  Another movie overlook - you CANNOT SEE UNDERWATER.  It drives me crazy when two star-crossed lovers are dying underwater, have no goggles, and yet swim to each other from a distance, find each other, gaze painfully into each other's eyes, and kiss while holding their breath for between twenty and thirty minutes before expring.

    Your # 2 is not entirely true.  You can see pretty well underwater.  It just depends on the light and what else may be in the water.  For example, in a swimming pool, one can see no problem.
    #67 | 2288 days ago
    PackRat (+)

    You can look a million miles up into the sky...but to see even 1 centimeter below the ground you have to scratch and claw...WHY?
    #68 | 2288 days ago

    KSbengals wrote:
     I just discovered something about two weeks ago. If you get poison oak, DO NOT MASTURBATE.
    That is so true and you'll have to keep doing it until the cortisone shot kicks in.
    #69 | 1986 days ago

    Aceraison wrote:
    Here's another great Kentucky law.
    It is illegal to shoot game out of the window of a moving vehicle, with the exception of a whale.
    It's a good thing because the whale population here is out of control.
    That law also exists in TN.
    #70 | 1937 days ago

    Pandas have thumbs.
    #71 | 1937 days ago

    Did you know that the soldiers who guard the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier can not swear or drink EVER !!!  Even after leaving the service they have to abide to that code for quite a few years after.
    #72 | 1936 days ago

    dougmedacorp wrote:

    1.  Blood is red when oxygenated and turns blue/darker when the oxygen is deprived.  As such, when someone is shot the blood stains are originally red but then get darker - something always overlooked in movies.

     

    2.  Another movie overlook - you CANNOT SEE UNDERWATER.  It drives me crazy when two star-crossed lovers are dying underwater, have no goggles, and yet swim to each other from a distance, find each other, gaze painfully into each other's eyes, and kiss while holding their breath for between twenty and thirty minutes before expring.

    It is true about the blood. If your dealing with a large amount of blood, it takes on a distinctive odor which you will never forget. Definitely darker for sure. I know this first hand. Now if that isn't useless information, I don't know what is...LOL Where are my thumbs up???
     
    #73 | 1936 days ago

    1 The 1st nuclear submarine was called the nortilus
    2 A regulation golf ball has 336 dimples
    3 The longest word that can be typed with only the left hand is stewardesses
    4 Tigers have striped skin, not just striped fur
    5 In most advertisements, the time displayed on a watch is 10:10
    6 Al Capone's business card said he was a used furniture dealer
    7 A dragonfly has a life span of 24 hours.
    8 A goldfish has a memory span of three seconds.
    9 It's impossible to sneeze with your eyes open.
    10 The microwave was invented after a researcher walked by a radar tube and a chocolate bar melted in his pocket ]

    OK>>>>> I felt obligated to contribute something. LOL
     
    #74 | 1909 days ago

    dn't use china made handset its produce some rays tht can kill u on the spot
    #75 | 904 days ago
    notjeff (+)

    (Edited by notjeff)
    You can wash potatoes in the dishwasher. On the upper rack. No detergent & on the quick rinse cycle. It saves alot of time. 
    That's actually useful.

    Penguins mate once a year. There.
    #76 | 904 days ago
    notjeff (+)

    Julia Roberts played Vivian in Pretty Woman.  But can you believe Molly Ringwald turned down the role? It's true.
    #77 | 904 days ago

     Due to inbreeding, Cleopatra only had 4 great-grandparents. Most people have 8
    #78 | 904 days ago
    Nick__ (+)

    (Edited by Nick__)
    Ivan DeJESUS CHRIST!!  A 4 yr old post was not only found but replied on?!?!

    WTF?!?!   HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
    #79 | 765 days ago

    KSbengals wrote:
     I just discovered something about two weeks ago. If you get poison oak, DO NOT MASTURBATE.
    Are you Nuts ?yes 
    #80 | 13 days ago

    Crackersex wrote:
  • A woman isn't allowed to cut her own hair without her husband's permission.
     
    (Thank GOD I'm not married)   ***other useless stupid Michigan Laws***   http://www.bitoffun.com/stupid_laws_Michigan.htm
  • Oh $hit...I'm married now....lol
    This or that  

    Post a Comment   Already a user? Sign in here
    Join FanIQ - It's Free
    FanIQ is the ultimate free community for sports fans.
    Talk sports with fans from all over - 1,649,417+ Comments
    Track your game picks - 38,670,182,382+ Sports Predictions
    Prove you know sports - 116,275+ Trivia Questions
    Find fans of your teams - 11,453,110+ New Friends
    Filter Error 09/16
    Asked by kobe_lova | Locker Room | 1 questions asked Yesterday
    8 opinions | 33 comments | Last by kteacher
    Why is a raven like a writing-desk?
    Asked by Jess | Locker Room | 1 questions asked 09/13/14
    5 opinions | 5 comments | Last by Oddfool
    We're ALL a little Looney
    Asked by Jess | Locker Room | 1 questions asked 09/13/14
    4 opinions | 6 comments | Last by Oddfool
    How old is your soul?
    Asked by Jess | Locker Room | 1 questions asked 09/13/14
    4 opinions | 10 comments | Last by Oddfool
    ZOINKS!
    Asked by Jess | Locker Room | 1 questions asked 09/14/14
    10 opinions | 14 comments | Last by Oddfool