Skip to Next Poll »
10
Eli Bashing Seriously?
Ok Friends, We all know I am a HUGE Giants Fan. What I don't understand is why so many people bask Eli Manning?  He has shown every year  since 2004 draft, that he has improved, is a team plaer, a quiet leader and a good person? So please explain to me your feelings toward Eli,and why you like/didlike/bash him?
  Is it is quiet demeanor? His easy going nature? He and Drew Brees have very similar demeanors,and are both elcellent players ,however few bash Brees? Is it because Eli has the last name he has? Are people truly that shallow?   Just curious what y'all think?
| Closed on 12/01/10 at 05:00PM
FanIQ Pts? No | NFL, New York Giants | Multiple Choice Opinion Poll
Team Breakout:
37 Fans 
 1. Do you like/ didlike Eli Manning? (0 points)
57%a. yes
19%b. no
24%c. other
 2. Why? (0 points)
38%a. I like him because
16%b. I dislike him because
8%c. I bash him because
38%d. other

 &nbp;
TOP COMMENT * * * * * * * * * * * *
#36 | 1572 days ago
marytrammell31 (+)

vindog wrote:
I dont like (because I'm a Cowboys fan) or dislike him at all. I DONT LIKE the team he plays for ONLY because of the rivalry within the Division. I also dont think he gets "bashed" all that much either- you compare him to Tony Romo (and the bashing that he receives) and it's not even close. Romo gets bashed by everyone for the simple fact that he is the QB of the Dallas Cowboys- he can't even date anyone without the media blitz surrounding him. I'm sure Eli gets some "bashing" too- but it's ONLY because he plays in New York and the media is pretty brutal there as well.    To play QB in the NFL- you have to have thick skin and I believe that Eli does have thick skin- so it is what it is.........
 
Of course, crying like a little b%^ch when he got drafted by San Diego and refusing to play for them doesn't HELP his image all that much either. He brought THAT on himself and the "Bashing" over that WAS justified!
Very good post Vinnie... Personally I think no one gets bashed as much as Tony Romo does. And as I said before, the only reason Tony gets it so much is because people are jealous of him.. I don't care what anyone says, I think Tony is a very good QB, and he has BIG shoes to fill..And has done a great job.. I feel he could be better, but most of the problems are with the O line and not Tony. I am looking forward to a very good Cowboy season this year..And I know you are too.
1. yes  2. I like him because  
  
59 Comments | Sorted by Most Recent First | Red = You Disagreed
Vote for your favorite comments. Fans decide the Top Comment (3+ votes) and also hide poor quality comments (4+ votes).
#1 | 1574 days ago

Of course we all know that I love Eli! He has shown great demeanor under huge pressure, has grown so much in the league, continues to get better EVERY year since his draft,and is such a gracious team mate. He is so well liked on his team now, becaus epeople realize Eli is Eli...soft spoken, a dedicated player, takes his OWN time to help his fellow team mates/rookies,when NOT required et el..there is so much good about the guy..I just on't get the bashing. He didnt pick his family,,,yet he has handled the critics with grace and ease.  I just do NOT understand the bashing? I know other temas dont have to like him however make me understand wh the bash?//i do not bash other players QB's......why bash mine?  thanks!
1. yes  2. I like him because  
#2 | 1574 days ago
marytrammell31 (+)

Well Mims, as you know I am a HUGH Cowboy fan and do not follow Eli that much.. Therefore I can not really say much about him.. I like him, I suppose because he is a nice guy. Never hear anything negative about him. I try not to bash anyone, for I don't have a reason to do so..The only players I would ever bash is the ones that play dirty, and I am sure many people think the Cowboys have some dirty players on their team.. Which I am sure all teams do. But have no reason to dislike Eli.  Not to get off the subject, but it appears to me Tony Romo gets bashed more than any other quarter back in the league.. And just because a person does not care for another person is no reason to speak ill of them.. BTW.... Gonna beat your guys this coming season....
1. yes  2. I like him because  
#3 | 1574 days ago

(Edited by godlyke_soilder)
I like Eli Manning, always have liked him more than his big brother.  Like you have mentioned Eli in my opinion handles pressure way better than Peyton does.....Eli even followed in dads gold platted footsteps and took the pressure of going to Ole Miss which Peyton dodged by going to Tennessee. Eli has had success early and that probably doesn't sit well with Peyton worshipers. Peyton played for a better team and look how long it has taken him to become a Super Bowl winning QB.  Eli did it in what 3 years.  While Eli may not read Defenses like Big bro, he brings something to the table a lot of qb's don't,  Eli has that "IT" factor.  He knows how to win and when its said and done, he may be head honcho in Super Bowl  wins in the Manning Family.  Peyton can have the yardage records and all that.  Not to mention Eli isn't a jerk like a lot of QB's in the NFL. He is a good Ole Country Boy with respect and manners.
1. yes  2. I like him because  
#4 | 1574 days ago

ELI HAS BEEN IN HIS BROTHER SHADOW SINCE THE BEGINING OF HIS CAREER THATS TO BE EXPECTED, BUT WHY SAY HE IS NOT WORTHY TO BE A MANNING WHICH HIS FATHER AND BROTHER INDICATED. WHY SAY HE IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH WHEN HE SHOWED TIME AND TIME AGAIN HE IS GOOD UNDER PRESSURE. IM SAY THIS TO DAY RECOGNIZE RESPECT AND GIVE CREDIT THAT IS DUE
1. yes  2. I like him because  
#5 | 1574 days ago

I like Eli and don't understand the criticism...he's a classy guy (like his big brother).  He's obviously a student of the game.  It's clear that he's not in the league JUST because of his last name.  His work ethic, stats and the fact that he's a world champ speaks for itself!!  I think sport fans tend to poke at the "nice guy" just because...and they hate on him because he has had a lot of success in a short period of time. 
1. yes  2. I like him because  
#6 | 1574 days ago

Just don't think he's that great of a QB.
1. no  2. I dislike him because  
#7 | 1574 days ago

Eli has some growing up to do, but he is the best QB the giants have had in awhile, and my dislike goes to the root of the Gmens problems, bad coach, too many overpaid quitters on the team on both lines and backfield
#8 | 1574 days ago

I think in the beginning he was trying to come into his own, I mean there was a lot of pressure on him being Peyton's brother . I disliked him at first just cause of that, but in the last few years, I have to say he seems to be more relaxed and not chasing his brothers shadow. I wish him and all the Giants well, just not when they are playing my SKINS.....  
1. yes  2. other  
#9 | 1574 days ago
vindog (+)

(Edited by vindog)
I dont like (because I'm a Cowboys fan) or dislike him at all. I DONT LIKE the team he plays for ONLY because of the rivalry within the Division. I also dont think he gets "bashed" all that much either- you compare him to Tony Romo (and the bashing that he receives) and it's not even close. Romo gets bashed by everyone for the simple fact that he is the QB of the Dallas Cowboys- he can't even date anyone without the media blitz surrounding him. I'm sure Eli gets some "bashing" too- but it's ONLY because he plays in New York and the media is pretty brutal there as well.    To play QB in the NFL- you have to have thick skin and I believe that Eli does have thick skin- so it is what it is.........
 
Of course, crying like a little b%^ch when he got drafted by San Diego and refusing to play for them doesn't HELP his image all that much either. He brought THAT on himself and the "Bashing" over that WAS justified!
1. other  2. other  
#10 | 1574 days ago

"Of course, crying like a little b%^ch when he got drafted by San Diego and refusing to play for them doesn't HELP his image all that much either. He brought THAT on himself and the "Bashing" over that WAS justified!"

Exactly what I was thinking. I remember that well and thought "The nerve of someone who has accomplished zero on the pro level to demand where he will and will not play." After all that "noise" he created early on though I think he has settled down nicely for the G-Men.
I respect what he has done and his talents - though I still do not like him or his brother. Maybe it is the rivalry thing between NE vs Indy and the sting of the Giants ending the Patriots perfect season.

That being said... I would bet 50% or more of the NFL teams would be drooling to get Eli if he were available. I know if Brady went down tomorrow and he was available it would be a welcome sight.
1. yes  2. other  
#11 | 1574 days ago

he has great potential to be a great quarter back . Sadly the Giants dont understand the role of a qb .
1. yes  2. I like him because  
#12 | 1573 days ago

marytrammell31 wrote:
Well Mims, as you know I am a HUGH Cowboy fan and do not follow Eli that much.. Therefore I can not really say much about him.. I like him, I suppose because he is a nice guy. Never hear anything negative about him. I try not to bash anyone, for I don't have a reason to do so..The only players I would ever bash is the ones that play dirty, and I am sure many people think the Cowboys have some dirty players on their team.. Which I am sure all teams do. But have no reason to dislike Eli.  Not to get off the subject, but it appears to me Tony Romo gets bashed more than any other quarter back in the league.. And just because a person does not care for another person is no reason to speak ill of them.. BTW.... Gonna beat your guys this coming season....
Mary..you are right Romo and Eli get bashed and i jus tdont get it? Like you its the dity players tha tget me.....romo like Eli are under such a microscope..it drives me mad! argggggg!........and btw...ohhh no you arent   xoxox
1. yes  2. I like him because  
#13 | 1573 days ago

vindog wrote:
I dont like (because I'm a Cowboys fan) or dislike him at all. I DONT LIKE the team he plays for ONLY because of the rivalry within the Division. I also dont think he gets "bashed" all that much either- you compare him to Tony Romo (and the bashing that he receives) and it's not even close. Romo gets bashed by everyone for the simple fact that he is the QB of the Dallas Cowboys- he can't even date anyone without the media blitz surrounding him. I'm sure Eli gets some "bashing" too- but it's ONLY because he plays in New York and the media is pretty brutal there as well.    To play QB in the NFL- you have to have thick skin and I believe that Eli does have thick skin- so it is what it is.........
 
Of course, crying like a little b%^ch when he got drafted by San Diego and refusing to play for them doesn't HELP his image all that much either. He brought THAT on himself and the "Bashing" over that WAS justified!
Vin.....he made it very clear from the beginning hedidnt want to play in the afc,becuase peyton plays in the AFC.and he thought the speculation could be too high,,and it would have,,,and also he would not ever have had the opportunity to play against him in a superbowl..... @ brothers as QB's in the same division ..i wouldnt want to...still love ya though even if you are a cowgirl..i mean cowboy fan!
1. yes  2. I like him because  
#14 | 1573 days ago

JenX63 wrote:
I think in the beginning he was trying to come into his own, I mean there was a lot of pressure on him being Peyton's brother . I disliked him at first just cause of that, but in the last few years, I have to say he seems to be more relaxed and not chasing his brothers shadow. I wish him and all the Giants well, just not when they are playing my SKINS.....  
lol jen..you are such a love!!  Cant wait to bnter with you on those games!! As much heck as we give each other in the NFC beast..we still Rock it!!! The NFC  Beast is THE BEST!!!
1. yes  2. I like him because  
#15 | 1573 days ago

ary201 wrote:
Just don't think he's that great of a QB.
the person who posted this should read this comment above me and font size it to size 800 and glue it to a wall....

eli isnt the worst but he doesnt deserve THIS much attention. i understand the giants are YOUR favorite team, but when he retires or is gone youll be like o gee this new guy is better than our last.
1. no  2. I dislike him because  
#16 | 1573 days ago

im not bashing eli. i jsut feel like hes not that good. i had a sorry qb on my team for 5 seasons and no way was i about to talk this guy up. please go look at elis stats while in the nfl and you will see they speak for themselves. this guy is overrated and living off his last name. 4 times this guy has reached the playoffs just to be knocked out the first round 3 times..... would u praise that? i wouldnt. the only reason u think hes bashed the most is because hes the only qb u pay attention to. sometiems i feel like you are blinded by your passion for the giants and will ignore the truth. with the talent eli had/has around him he should of posted MUCH better numbers than what he did.

 hes not hall of fame material, he wont win another super bowl, hes not a leader, and after he leaves the giants he WILL flop. he hasnt done what peyton has and never will and had/has way mopre talent around him.

the end!!
1. no  2. I dislike him because  
#17 | 1573 days ago

Onegoodredhead2 wrote:
lol jen..you are such a love!!  Cant wait to bnter with you on those games!! As much heck as we give each other in the NFC beast..we still Rock it!!! The NFC  Beast is THE BEST!!!
 We do Rock!
1. yes  2. other  
#18 | 1573 days ago

(because I'm a Cowboys fan)

1. yes  2. other  
#19 | 1573 days ago

XERXUS wrote:
ELI HAS BEEN IN HIS BROTHER SHADOW SINCE THE BEGINING OF HIS CAREER THATS TO BE EXPECTED, BUT WHY SAY HE IS NOT WORTHY TO BE A MANNING WHICH HIS FATHER AND BROTHER INDICATED. WHY SAY HE IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH WHEN HE SHOWED TIME AND TIME AGAIN HE IS GOOD UNDER PRESSURE. IM SAY THIS TO DAY RECOGNIZE RESPECT AND GIVE CREDIT THAT IS DUE

"WHY SAY HE IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH WHEN HE SHOWED TIME AND TIME AGAIN HE IS GOOD UNDER PRESSURE"

when did this happen, u talking about that one super bowl moment? david tyree caught the pass with a defender on him, wheres his credit?

1. no  2. I dislike him because  
#20 | 1573 days ago

heelfan811 wrote:
I like Eli and don't understand the criticism...he's a classy guy (like his big brother).  He's obviously a student of the game.  It's clear that he's not in the league JUST because of his last name.  His work ethic, stats and the fact that he's a world champ speaks for itself!!  I think sport fans tend to poke at the "nice guy" just because...and they hate on him because he has had a lot of success in a short period of time. 
"and they hate on him because he has had a lot of success in a short period of time"

so should sports fans hate on tom brady as well. i mean tom is banging only models and has won super bowl after super bowl... tom brady's first super bowl, he put himself on the map. he had no big name receiver on that team, i dont evven think he had a receiver on that team over 6'2. it was just defense and tom.

"His work ethic, stats and the fact that he's a world champ speaks for itself"!! 
please go look at his stats. they say other wise. dan marino has no super bowl rings..... hes a hall of fame qb right?  you guys make it seem like we should mention eli along with tom, peyton, dan, john, warren, joe, steve, bret, and other greats. im not bashing the guy i feel like hes inconsistent.
1. no  2. I dislike him because  
#21 | 1573 days ago

mrtriplesix wrote:
the person who posted this should read this comment above me and font size it to size 800 and glue it to a wall....

eli isnt the worst but he doesnt deserve THIS much attention. i understand the giants are YOUR favorite team, but when he retires or is gone youll be like o gee this new guy is better than our last.
 you dont know me well..i am a very loyal person...  i respect Eli for the way he has handled GREAT diveristy and the shadows he has been put in..he has never let it bother him., he has taken it as a lesson and grew....we all could learn from that....
1. yes  2. I like him because  
#22 | 1573 days ago

mrtriplesix wrote:
im not bashing eli. i jsut feel like hes not that good. i had a sorry qb on my team for 5 seasons and no way was i about to talk this guy up. please go look at elis stats while in the nfl and you will see they speak for themselves. this guy is overrated and living off his last name. 4 times this guy has reached the playoffs just to be knocked out the first round 3 times..... would u praise that? i wouldnt. the only reason u think hes bashed the most is because hes the only qb u pay attention to. sometiems i feel like you are blinded by your passion for the giants and will ignore the truth. with the talent eli had/has around him he should of posted MUCH better numbers than what he did.

 hes not hall of fame material, he wont win another super bowl, hes not a leader, and after he leaves the giants he WILL flop. he hasnt done what peyton has and never will and had/has way mopre talent around him.

the end!!
You are most entitled to your opinion......and i respct it..i DO NOT agree with it....i see the leader Eli has become and the respec tof HIS TEAMATES he has earned.....Of course i know his stats,and i know othe rQB's stats...I know there are highrer ranked QB's...but you , my friend are not looking a tthe whole picture..Eli lost all his receivers....he started from scratch worked hard and got steve smith a 1000 yards himself over 4000 and nicks would have gotten 1000 as well had he not broke his handand finger.....I know the giants and their stats......please do not think i dont..also i know Brees and rivers and mcnabb  and romo were great qb last year...I have the utmost respect for them.....Maybe you should go read some of my posts before you mouth off to me like this.....
1. yes  2. I like him because  
#23 | 1573 days ago

JenX63 wrote:
(because I'm a Cowboys fan)

thought you are a skins fan?? either or..its fun and we rock..NFC ROCKS!!!!!! OH YES:)  we are the best and badest and toughest and have the hardest schedules consistantly!
1. yes  2. I like him because  
#24 | 1573 days ago

(Edited by JenX63)
Onegoodredhead2 wrote:
thought you are a skins fan?? either or..its fun and we rock..NFC ROCKS!!!!!! OH YES:)  we are the best and badest and toughest and have the hardest schedules consistantly!
I am, I hijacked that from Vinny's post, always thought there was something about him.
1. yes  2. other  
#25 | 1573 days ago

mrtriplesix wrote:
"and they hate on him because he has had a lot of success in a short period of time"

so should sports fans hate on tom brady as well. i mean tom is banging only models and has won super bowl after super bowl... tom brady's first super bowl, he put himself on the map. he had no big name receiver on that team, i dont evven think he had a receiver on that team over 6'2. it was just defense and tom.

"His work ethic, stats and the fact that he's a world champ speaks for itself"!! 
please go look at his stats. they say other wise. dan marino has no super bowl rings..... hes a hall of fame qb right?  you guys make it seem like we should mention eli along with tom, peyton, dan, john, warren, joe, steve, bret, and other greats. im not bashing the guy i feel like hes inconsistent.
I'm not saying Eli is in the class of the elite, he's just a decent QB...and he HAS had some success in the league already...I was just answering the poll dude...I don't think we were anointing him a HOFer, at least I wasn't...and the last time I checked, he has a superbowl ring (and yes, the team around him had a lot to do with it)...
1. yes  2. I like him because  
#26 | 1573 days ago

 Eli is a nice enough guy. Not sure who's bashing him. He could get better. Right now he's just a QB who does his job, nothing more, nothing less. With a great defense and a very good OL, he played the best he's ever played during the playoff rn that culminated in the Super Bowl run, never saw that before or since. He can't put a game on back and carry his team to victory on a consistent basis like Peyton.
1. yes  2. other  
#27 | 1573 days ago

JenX63 wrote:
I am, I hijacked that from Vinny's post, always thought there was something about him.
you been hijacking alot lately....
1. other  2. other  
#28 | 1573 days ago

He is an OK QB....there are some better and there are some certainly worse than he is.
1. other  2. other  
#29 | 1573 days ago
marytrammell31 (+)

marytrammell31 wrote:
Well Mims, as you know I am a HUGH Cowboy fan and do not follow Eli that much.. Therefore I can not really say much about him.. I like him, I suppose because he is a nice guy. Never hear anything negative about him. I try not to bash anyone, for I don't have a reason to do so..The only players I would ever bash is the ones that play dirty, and I am sure many people think the Cowboys have some dirty players on their team.. Which I am sure all teams do. But have no reason to dislike Eli.  Not to get off the subject, but it appears to me Tony Romo gets bashed more than any other quarter back in the league.. And just because a person does not care for another person is no reason to speak ill of them.. BTW.... Gonna beat your guys this coming season....
I had to look to see what I said that you commented " O no you aren't" LOL, I have slept since then.... But I hope we do. The reason they get bashed so much is because people are jealous of them.. Right? But my philosophy is, "If you can't say something nice about someone, don't say anything at all."
1. yes  2. I like him because  
#30 | 1573 days ago

Smokesfan wrote:
you been hijacking alot lately....
what's your point
1. yes  2. other  
#31 | 1573 days ago

Smokesfan wrote:
He is an OK QB....there are some better and there are some certainly worse than he is.
ok quarterbacks dont make the play offs every year but one since their draft,and win a superbowls....good quarterbacks do....we still need to see if he will go down as a Great QB...he has many years,god willin, to play..
1. yes  2. I like him because  
#32 | 1573 days ago

Starting at their own 17, the Giants went into their no-huddle offense. The no-huddle had suited Giants QB Eli Manning well throughout the year. Amani Toomer's catch for 11 yards was good for a first down at the 28. On 3rd and 10, Amani Toomer caught another pass for 9 yards falling short of a first down. It was 4th and one with 1:34 left to play and the Giants had no choice but to go for it.

Brandon Jacobs banged up the middle and stretched out his right arm and the ball for 2 yards and the 1st down.

Tyree's amazing leap was then followed by New York Giants rookie Steve Smith's (12) catch. The rookie showed the experience of a veteran as he was smart enough to find the first down marker and to get out of bounds and stop the play clock at 39 seconds. On the following play came the TD pass. It was only Plaxico Burress' second catch of the game but probably the biggest catch of his NFL career.

Giants Celebrate 17 -14 Super Bowl XLII Victory after Final Snap

Super Bowl XLII GLENDALE, AZ - FEBRUARY 03: Quarterback Eli
Manning #10 of the New York Giants celebrates their 17-14 victory
against the New England Patriots during Super Bowl XLII on February 3,
2008 at the University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale, Arizona. (Photo
by Win McNamee/Getty Images)

Super Bowl XLII
1. yes  2. I like him because  
#33 | 1573 days ago
bobjrinaz (+)

(Edited by bobjrinaz)
I love your undying support and love for this team and its soft spoken leader Eli Mims.  Awesome.  Why I like him is because he knows who he is and what he has to offer and he works hard at being the best he can be.  He is the kind of guy that I would follow into a war, due to his calmness and his great attitude.  And lastly, he has skills that go overlooked because he does not throw in the masses deep balls.  Those same skills are overlooked because of no flash to his running and demeanor.  Like I said, he knows who he is and does the best he can with it and obviously it was enough to lead this team to one of the all time great playoff and SB runs.  SB victory I might add.  And he is always studying and working to be better.  This says a lot about you and who you support too Mims.  Judge of character shows something in a person.  Proud to know you and proud to be a Giants fan as well as an Eli fan no matter who wants to dog him. 
1. yes  2. I like him because  
#34 | 1573 days ago

HEY BOB!! GREAt to see you first of all:)..2 more months and i know you will be back more often and that makes me smile! With that and I hope you and your family are well,  let me say how awsome tha statement is..that in a nut shell is Eli...He is who he is....As i said, OK Quarterbacks dont play consistantly in championships, break franchise records, regardless of  their almost worst season in history,earns te respect of his teammates because of who he is and what he has proved,and his commitment. Those to me are qualities of the very least a GOOD quarterback ,possibly a great one by the time his career closes,and the signs of a GREAT person:)...like YOU!   thanks for the kind words on or off season!!!!  hugs!
1. yes  2. I like him because  
#35 | 1573 days ago

MarkTheShark wrote:
 Eli is a nice enough guy. Not sure who's bashing him. He could get better. Right now he's just a QB who does his job, nothing more, nothing less. With a great defense and a very good OL, he played the best he's ever played during the playoff rn that culminated in the Super Bowl run, never saw that before or since. He can't put a game on back and carry his team to victory on a consistent basis like Peyton.
give him time...the Gmen lost 9 of their  starters from superbowl team  after the win......and they still had a very respectable record the next 2 seasons..this past year injuries killed us,but Eli still put up better numbers with less.....the offense was still rated 6th...very respectable despite our horrid season.....That is a good QB.....he will become a great one....thanks for taking the time to put up a comment I appreciate and respect ya!
1. yes  2. I like him because  
#36 | 1572 days ago
marytrammell31 (+)

vindog wrote:
I dont like (because I'm a Cowboys fan) or dislike him at all. I DONT LIKE the team he plays for ONLY because of the rivalry within the Division. I also dont think he gets "bashed" all that much either- you compare him to Tony Romo (and the bashing that he receives) and it's not even close. Romo gets bashed by everyone for the simple fact that he is the QB of the Dallas Cowboys- he can't even date anyone without the media blitz surrounding him. I'm sure Eli gets some "bashing" too- but it's ONLY because he plays in New York and the media is pretty brutal there as well.    To play QB in the NFL- you have to have thick skin and I believe that Eli does have thick skin- so it is what it is.........
 
Of course, crying like a little b%^ch when he got drafted by San Diego and refusing to play for them doesn't HELP his image all that much either. He brought THAT on himself and the "Bashing" over that WAS justified!
Very good post Vinnie... Personally I think no one gets bashed as much as Tony Romo does. And as I said before, the only reason Tony gets it so much is because people are jealous of him.. I don't care what anyone says, I think Tony is a very good QB, and he has BIG shoes to fill..And has done a great job.. I feel he could be better, but most of the problems are with the O line and not Tony. I am looking forward to a very good Cowboy season this year..And I know you are too.
1. yes  2. I like him because  
#37 | 1572 days ago

  Eli has had a lot of pressure to live up to Manning name and has done quite well . There are those that forget how young he still is , I will hold my final judgement till the polls close at the end of his carreer, not fair to judge him for such a short time period .  
1. yes  2. I like him because  
#38 | 1572 days ago

bobjrinaz wrote:
I love your undying support and love for this team and its soft spoken leader Eli Mims.  Awesome.  Why I like him is because he knows who he is and what he has to offer and he works hard at being the best he can be.  He is the kind of guy that I would follow into a war, due to his calmness and his great attitude.  And lastly, he has skills that go overlooked because he does not throw in the masses deep balls.  Those same skills are overlooked because of no flash to his running and demeanor.  Like I said, he knows who he is and does the best he can with it and obviously it was enough to lead this team to one of the all time great playoff and SB runs.  SB victory I might add.  And he is always studying and working to be better.  This says a lot about you and who you support too Mims.  Judge of character shows something in a person.  Proud to know you and proud to be a Giants fan as well as an Eli fan no matter who wants to dog him. 
Bob...i love the story Mike Strahan tels about Flying to Az.(for SB)..and the whole team decided to wear all black. Everyone f course except Eli..caus ehe didnt have a black shirt....and eli is like" i dont have a black shirt" I'm not going to wea ra black shirt ..and wore what he wanted....Everyone razzed him in the way you would expect teammates to..and Eli just has his head phones on( listening to The Bertrand Scott Project:)........) with this "what ever allof look on his face ..just priceless.and classic Eli....
   Eli and the Gmen are donating passes for next years training camp(on field) for 4,then dinner with the team..to the RSDSA auction in Nov...... they are so generous!! Gooooooo Giants!!!!
1. yes  2. I like him because  
#39 | 1571 days ago

mrtriplesix wrote:

"WHY SAY HE IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH WHEN HE SHOWED TIME AND TIME AGAIN HE IS GOOD UNDER PRESSURE"

when did this happen, u talking about that one super bowl moment? david tyree caught the pass with a defender on him, wheres his credit?

that was an 82 yard drive that resulted in a touch down,and a super bowl win against an undefeated New England team!..not shabby for a "bad " QB hun
1. yes  2. I like him because  
#40 | 1570 days ago
Anthonyg7575 (+)

I honestly think he's a douche. He got drafted by the Chargers and whined like a little b**** because he didn't want to go there. That's bulls***, you play where you get drafted. Period.
1. other  2. other  
#41 | 1570 days ago

Anthonyg7575 wrote:
I honestly think he's a douche. He got drafted by the Chargers and whined like a little b**** because he didn't want to go there. That's bulls***, you play where you get drafted. Period.
hmm favre was drafted by atlanta......Bree by atlanta, and many others were drafted( more so the usual than unusual)by original teams and traded. Why would Eli and Peyton want to be in the safe conference? they would not ever have an opportunity to play in division rivalries, suberbowls et el.....also no 2 quartebacks as brothers ever played in the same conference,or ever tha ti know of?
  I think the speculation of throwing games et el is much too high if you had that and there would have been ALOT more questions weather as if Eli beat Peyton or Peyton Beat Eli..This way it avoids that altogether and tha tis EXACTLY why Eli and Archie didnt want Eli to go to San Diego. i think it was a very smart move.....dont hear anyone callin brees or favre names becaus etheydidnt stay  with their original drafts?
1. yes  2. I like him because  
#42 | 1570 days ago
Anthonyg7575 (+)

Eli's situation was different....Brees was drafted by San Diego, BTW, and played there. Farve was drafted by Atlanta, and played there. Neither whined about who they were drafted by like Manning did. He was being a little a** before he was even drafted. I still think that if you are going to be scouted as a top prospect, you shut your mouth, suck it up, and play for the team that drafts you. Whether or not you want to play there. You don't tell a team not to draft you because you won't play for them.
1. other  2. other  
#43 | 1569 days ago

"There is a great sense of emptiness today. We all knew this day was coming, and there was nobody more prepared for it than Coach Wooden because of his devout faith in God and his love for his late wife Nell and the knowledge that he would one day be together with her again. He was a man at peace."

"Still, that sense of emptiness comes from knowing we have lost a national treasure."

1. yes  2. I like him because  
#44 | 1569 days ago

Anthonyg7575 wrote:
Eli's situation was different....Brees was drafted by San Diego, BTW, and played there. Farve was drafted by Atlanta, and played there. Neither whined about who they were drafted by like Manning did. He was being a little a** before he was even drafted. I still think that if you are going to be scouted as a top prospect, you shut your mouth, suck it up, and play for the team that drafts you. Whether or not you want to play there. You don't tell a team not to draft you because you won't play for them.
Yes Eli's situation was different,because it is the first time we have ever had to quarterbacks playing in the NFL......I wouldnt wan tto play in the same conference as my brother either...He didnt whine  he was just making his desires clear and I respect that.
1. yes  2. I like him because  
#45 | 1544 days ago

Eli may take quite a bit of bashing, however when you consider the money he makes, the position he plays and the family he comes from you start to understand he had a lot to live up to.  Throw in the love or hate them attitude most folks outside of the Big Apple have for those who play professional sports in New York City/New Jersey and it is pretty much something Eli and his supporters will have to live with.

1. other  2. other  
#46 | 1544 days ago

huskerdoug2009 wrote:

Eli may take quite a bit of bashing, however when you consider the money he makes, the position he plays and the family he comes from you start to understand he had a lot to live up to.  Throw in the love or hate them attitude most folks outside of the Big Apple have for those who play professional sports in New York City/New Jersey and it is pretty much something Eli and his supporters will have to live with.

well said.....eli and the giants are my guys through thick and thin....and i am evver so grateful for their surrport of my disease and the RSDSA.org        Their support and caring means the world to me and many wo suffer with this disease(that is rated twice the pain of stage 4 cancer and has no cure)..the fact that care about me in some small ton in nevada means more than i can ever say..and that isnt even getting into Eli's stats that have  improved every year..:)  thanks for your input..much appreciated!
1. yes  2. I like him because  
#47 | 1532 days ago

Eli is not a great qb, get over it and get off his jock strap!!

along will come another QB...
1. no  2. I dislike him because  
#48 | 1532 days ago
vindog (+)

(Edited by vindog)
mrtriplesix wrote:
Eli is not a great qb, get over it and get off his jock strap!!

along will come another QB...
LOL  so says the Redskins fan who hasn't seen a decent QB in D.C. since 1992 and Mark Rypien....... Now you've got Donovan McFallapartunderpressure- good luck with that!
1. other  2. other  
#49 | 1531 days ago

he went to championship game 4 times in a row...... right? Romo take u guys to the playoffs 4 years in a row.... probably not!! just watch out for the skins this year.
1. no  2. I dislike him because  
#50 | 1531 days ago
vindog (+)

(Edited by vindog)
mrtriplesix wrote:
he went to championship game 4 times in a row...... right? Romo take u guys to the playoffs 4 years in a row.... probably not!! just watch out for the skins this year.
Actually in his 3 and a half years as a starter- Romo has led the Cowboys to the playoffs 3 times, with a victory over McNabb last season in the playoffs as well- so YES he has.....
1. other  2. other  
#51 | 1531 days ago

 2008 missing the playoffs, his record in the playoffs is 1-3. thats not very good. i will take mcnabb over that. with mcnabb there's consistency. romo is cursed.... face it.

by the way, the answer is no. u missed the playoffs in 08. not once has he led you guys to championship game. cowboys are just an excelent regular season team.
1. no  2. I dislike him because  
#52 | 1531 days ago
vindog (+)

mrtriplesix wrote:
 2008 missing the playoffs, his record in the playoffs is 1-3. thats not very good. i will take mcnabb over that. with mcnabb there's consistency. romo is cursed.... face it.

by the way, the answer is no. u missed the playoffs in 08. not once has he led you guys to championship game. cowboys are just an excelent regular season team.
....and how many playoff games has McNabb LOST?  You are right, Romo is 1-3 in the playoffs... The first year in the playoffs was only his 11th NFL game as a starter, his 2nd time was 1st real season as an NFL starter and the Boys lost to a team who also beat Brett Favre and Tom Brady in the playoffs and Super Bowl, his 3rd year he was injured with a broken throwing hand for 3 games then played with a cast on for 3 more and the Cowboys missed the playoffs by 1 game, and his 4th year was last season and the Cowboys DESTROYED THE EAGLES AND MCNABB 3 TIMES including the playoffs.!      Have a great time with McNabb but he is nothing but a washed up has-been playing for a team full of wash up has-beens. I'll take Romo ANYDAY over McNabb!  McNabb WAS consistant in an Offense that he knew like the back of his hand- but the Skins don't run that kind of offense and DON'T have the kinds of weapons that the Eagles have- like I said- good luck!
1. other  2. other  
#53 | 1530 days ago

vindog wrote:
....and how many playoff games has McNabb LOST?  You are right, Romo is 1-3 in the playoffs... The first year in the playoffs was only his 11th NFL game as a starter, his 2nd time was 1st real season as an NFL starter and the Boys lost to a team who also beat Brett Favre and Tom Brady in the playoffs and Super Bowl, his 3rd year he was injured with a broken throwing hand for 3 games then played with a cast on for 3 more and the Cowboys missed the playoffs by 1 game, and his 4th year was last season and the Cowboys DESTROYED THE EAGLES AND MCNABB 3 TIMES including the playoffs.!      Have a great time with McNabb but he is nothing but a washed up has-been playing for a team full of wash up has-beens. I'll take Romo ANYDAY over McNabb!  McNabb WAS consistant in an Offense that he knew like the back of his hand- but the Skins don't run that kind of offense and DON'T have the kinds of weapons that the Eagles have- like I said- good luck!

stop finding excuses for romo. brady won a super bowl his second year in the league and we all saw other super bowls where the players around the qb can pick up the slack if the qb is off. mcnabb is not a "has-been", he is less of a problem than a guy named mike vick. you are the firt game of the season at night, beating u guys will set the tone for us for the rest of the season.

1. no  2. I dislike him because  
#54 | 1530 days ago
vindog (+)

mrtriplesix wrote:

stop finding excuses for romo. brady won a super bowl his second year in the league and we all saw other super bowls where the players around the qb can pick up the slack if the qb is off. mcnabb is not a "has-been", he is less of a problem than a guy named mike vick. you are the firt game of the season at night, beating u guys will set the tone for us for the rest of the season.

....I'm not making ANY excuses for Romo- just making a point that McNabb won't lead your precious Skins to the promise land either. How many Super Bowls has McNabb won? That's what I thought! Anyway, this poll was about Eli Manning whom YOU claim isn't a good QB YET he DOES have a Super Bowl ring and played extremely well during that playoff run and Super Bowl title. McNabb has done what now? You are the SAME guy who claimed that Jason Campbell was a great QB too- lol....... Typical Redskin fan- see you in Week #1
1. other  2. other  
#55 | 1530 days ago

i never claimed jason was a great qb.... now u are just putting words in my mouth. how many super bowls have romo won, is he going to win 2 playoff games with the cowboys? Eli has a super bowl ring because of the players around him. guess what!? the towel guy, the back up kicker, the last guy on the depth chart has a super bowl ring too, so whats your point? u have none. eli is an average qb with an awesome last name.

 u know who eli reminds me of in his super bowl run, a certain guy named troy aikman. put troy on another team and we would see just how good hes NOT. troy WAS MADE BY the people around him. THE END!!

  the truth shall set u free.
1. no  2. I dislike him because  
#56 | 1530 days ago

there are 3 quarter backs period who  have thrown 5 years straight for 3000 yardsand haave 20 touchdownsfor those 5 years as well.....
  1, drew brees 2. peyton manning..3 eli manning...... theres a stat i bet ya didnt expect...GOOO ELI!!!
1. yes  2. I like him because  
#57 | 1530 days ago
vindog (+)

(Edited by vindog)
mrtriplesix wrote:
i never claimed jason was a great qb.... now u are just putting words in my mouth. how many super bowls have romo won, is he going to win 2 playoff games with the cowboys? Eli has a super bowl ring because of the players around him. guess what!? the towel guy, the back up kicker, the last guy on the depth chart has a super bowl ring too, so whats your point? u have none. eli is an average qb with an awesome last name.

 u know who eli reminds me of in his super bowl run, a certain guy named troy aikman. put troy on another team and we would see just how good hes NOT. troy WAS MADE BY the people around him. THE END!!

  the truth shall set u free.
So with that LOGIC, then put McNabb on any other team than the Eagles and he is horrible right? The Eagles had a TOP 5 Defense the ENTIRE time that they were winning- McNabb sucked but the rest of the team made him better right?  Your logic is ridiculous to say the least. Actually it makes perfect sense coming from somebody who won't even give a HALL OF FAME QB their proper respect (Troy Aikman)- but I'll GUARANTEE that IF Troy played for your beloved Skins and won 3 Super Bowls- you would consider him the BEST QB in NFL history right?    NO NFL QB has EVER won a Super Bowl by themself have they? What would Joe Montana or Steve Young be without Jerry Rice, a good running game, and a great defense? You getting my point yet? Oops sorry, they weren't Redskins either so they probably suck as well huh? Correct me if I'm wrong, but last season right here on FanIQ you talked about how the Skins were gonna beat up the Division and how McNabb was a choker and NOW all of a sudden, McNabb is the best QB in the NFL because he is on the Skins squad- LOL  Get real Bro!
1. other  2. other  
#58 | 1530 days ago

"but I'll GUARANTEE that IF Troy played for your beloved Skins and won 3 Super Bowls- you would consider him the BEST QB in NFL history right"?

NoooOOOOO SHIT!! what  are u not understanding, are u blinded by anger? we do not have smith's, novacek, johnston, irvin, harper, on and on. so yes if he pulled off 3 super bowl's with the skins then he would deserve mucho credit. 

  do i really need to dumb thigns down? 

"NO NFL QB has EVER won a Super Bowl by themself have they? What would Joe Montana or Steve Young be without Jerry Rice, a good running game, and a great defense"? 

 might as well say tom brady won a super bowl by himself. his tallest reciever his first sb was about 5'11. no big name reciever, shoddy running game that just pounded yards the old fashined way. it was a great o line and brady pretty much. i cant speak for steve but i have seen joe without jerry and he is still GREAT. did u se the classic game of joe montana vs john elway? joe shined.  o and tom had a good defense too.

 its my job to praise my team....It's my team, but im not going to over hype my team, where im spewing constant bullshit. so with that being said.... skins are going to dominate the nfc east. would appreciate it if u dont put words in my mouth. i havent even been on fan iq for a year buddy. never said mcnabb is the best... dont let anger guide u. I'm done!!
1. no  2. I dislike him because  
#59 | 1419 days ago
Nick__ (+)

 Do i like him?  Sure...he's a decent QB, but, he'll always be in the shadows of Payton and will never live up to his brothers perfromance....then again, I'm not sure many future or existing QB's will....so, in a way, i feel for Eli but i don't think he's as great as NY fans think he is....he is a good QB but not a great one.
1. yes  2. other  

Post a Comment   Already a user? Sign in here
Join FanIQ - It's Free
FanIQ is the ultimate free community for sports fans.
Talk sports with fans from all over - 1,649,417+ Comments
Track your game picks - 38,670,182,382+ Sports Predictions
Prove you know sports - 116,275+ Trivia Questions
Find fans of your teams - 11,453,110+ New Friends
Rank the AFC West Scoring Leaders Week #4 9/28-29/2014
Asked by maroon&gold4eve | NFL, AFC West, DEN | 4 questions asked Yesterday
0 predictions | Last by -
Rank the AFC East Scoring Leaders Week #4 9/28-29 /2014
Asked by maroon&gold4eve | NFL, AFC East, BUF | 4 questions asked Yesterday
0 predictions | Last by -
Rank the AFC South Scoring Leaders Week#4 9/28/2014
Asked by maroon&gold4eve | NFL, AFC South, HOU | 4 questions asked Yesterday
0 predictions | Last by -
Rank the NFC North Scoring Leaders Week#4 9/28/2014
Asked by maroon&gold4eve | NFL, NFC North, DET | 4 questions asked Yesterday
0 predictions | Last by -
Rank the NFC South Scoring Leaders Week #4 9/28/2014
Asked by maroon&gold4eve | NFL, ATL, CAR | 4 questions asked Yesterday
0 predictions | Last by -