Skip to Next Poll »
4
Give a advanced notice, just dont do it!!
 This is for TY, Jess and whoever runs the Q, okay the playbook I just got used to since I've been back is gone, would it kill you to let the Qer's know what to expect vice making a poll trying to explain it? The first time I left was cuz of the change's I'm sorry Q headquarters but you do it wrong and end up loosing people ,  its not my business but say you go into work and get told oh, we changed our entire computer program, good luck...   Just stupid. 
| Closed on 09/27/10 at 05:00PM
FanIQ Pts? No | Locker Room, Miscellaneous | Multiple Choice Opinion Poll
18 Fans 
22%a. I agree
6%b. I dont agree
11%c. I dont Care
61%d. Other

 &nbp;
TOP COMMENT * * * * * * * * * * * *
#6 | 1426 days ago

I'll address this as well as I know how.

I think mainly, we don't give an advance notice to the general public because a lot of times there are different things that are planned with a release that don't make it with the initial changes because there's either something wrong with them or there are more tweaks we need to make before we're comfortable with it going live. There were a few things that didn't make the cut with THIS release that will be added later. If we give an advance notice about something and it doesn't happen, people are expecting something that they may not see for a while longer, if ever (we learned our lesson with this years ago). Sometimes a decision to remove something from the list is made literally seconds before a new feature or a change is released.

We have blanketed the notification of changes by saying repeatedly - this site is always changing. We do listen to people and we like to make the site easier for them to use, more fun to play, and we try to make sure that it's equally fun and intuitive for brand new users, casual users, die-hards, and addicts (you would be amazed at how tough it is to balance that). Because of this, the site is always evolving, thanks to your suggestions. We change the navigation, homepage, and other things around the site often. Basically the one thing that you can always expect here is change...we don't hide that.

I'll end this comment by giving a couple advanced notifications.
1 - the homepage will be changing soon. I think you all will like it :)
2 - you will be able to send your friends drinks in the Sports Bars soon :)
Now - for the same reason we don't generally give a lot of information out ahead of time or let you know about changes before they happen...I probably won't have the answers to any questions you might have about those 2 things, because in the development process - yep you guessed it - "things change"

I hope this helps.
Other  
  
62 Comments | Sorted by Most Recent First | Red = You Disagreed
Vote for your favorite comments. Fans decide the Top Comment (3+ votes) and also hide poor quality comments (4+ votes).
#1 | 1426 days ago

 Without us meaning all the Qer's there would be no FanIQ 
#2 | 1426 days ago

and what with the only ten respect?!?!?!?!?!  the first time i left because of that and didnt come back till we got fifty!!  what is the point of only ten, anywase?  there are deffinetly more than ten comments/polls that i see a day that deserve respects!!
#3 | 1426 days ago

eLa_MAe_O wrote:
and what with the only ten respect?!?!?!?!?!  the first time i left because of that and didnt come back till we got fifty!!  what is the point of only ten, anywase?  there are deffinetly more than ten comments/polls that i see a day that deserve respects!!
Tianna, once you have used you initial 10 respects a pop up box will appear and you will be able to get 10 more for 100Q bucks. There is no limit on how many times a day you do this, any bought unused respects will also live on at midnight!
#4 | 1426 days ago

(Edited by janet011685)
If I remember correctly, I think they kind of did give us notice when Season Two was ready to be rolled out.  And you remember how well THAT went over.  

I'm still annoyed at the Respect thing, and am missing the daily lottery.  When betting, I think with my heart and not always my head, so I can't bank on winning Qbucks to stay afloat ... and as I said before, with all the other stuff (read: bills) I can spend my money on, I don't think I'll ever actually pay for more Qbucks.

Otherwise, I do like the changes a lot, so far.
#5 | 1426 days ago

janet011685 wrote:
If I remember correctly, I think they kind of did give us notice when Season Two was ready to be rolled out.  And you remember how well THAT went over.  

I'm still annoyed at the Respect thing, and am missing the daily lottery.  When betting, I think with my heart and not always my head, so I can't bank on winning Qbucks to stay afloat ... and as I said before, with all the other stuff (read: bills) I can spend my money on, I don't think I'll ever actually pay for more Qbucks.

Otherwise, I do like the changes a lot, so far.
Janet, when you log in go and check in (you don't have to bet) the Sports Bar and you will receive Q bucks just like the daily lottery!
#6 | 1426 days ago

I'll address this as well as I know how.

I think mainly, we don't give an advance notice to the general public because a lot of times there are different things that are planned with a release that don't make it with the initial changes because there's either something wrong with them or there are more tweaks we need to make before we're comfortable with it going live. There were a few things that didn't make the cut with THIS release that will be added later. If we give an advance notice about something and it doesn't happen, people are expecting something that they may not see for a while longer, if ever (we learned our lesson with this years ago). Sometimes a decision to remove something from the list is made literally seconds before a new feature or a change is released.

We have blanketed the notification of changes by saying repeatedly - this site is always changing. We do listen to people and we like to make the site easier for them to use, more fun to play, and we try to make sure that it's equally fun and intuitive for brand new users, casual users, die-hards, and addicts (you would be amazed at how tough it is to balance that). Because of this, the site is always evolving, thanks to your suggestions. We change the navigation, homepage, and other things around the site often. Basically the one thing that you can always expect here is change...we don't hide that.

I'll end this comment by giving a couple advanced notifications.
1 - the homepage will be changing soon. I think you all will like it :)
2 - you will be able to send your friends drinks in the Sports Bars soon :)
Now - for the same reason we don't generally give a lot of information out ahead of time or let you know about changes before they happen...I probably won't have the answers to any questions you might have about those 2 things, because in the development process - yep you guessed it - "things change"

I hope this helps.
Other  
#7 | 1426 days ago
18packabs (+)

This is my answer,


I’m moving through some changes
I’ll never be the same
Something you did touched me
There’s no one else to blame

The love we had has fallen
The love we used to share
We’ve given up pretending
As if you didn’t care

Change changing places
Root yourself to the ground
Capitalize on this good fortune
One word can bring you round
Changes

I look into the mirror
I see no happiness
All the warmth I gave you
Has turned to emptiness
The love we had has fallen
The love we used to share
You’ve left me here believing
In love that wasn’t there

Change changing places
Root yourself to the ground
Word to the wise - well you get what’s coming
One word can bring you round
Changes

When I look into your eyes and try to find out how
There’s no way to save it now
And everything I feel
Changes
Keep looking for
Changes
Changes

For some reason you’re questioning why
I always believe it gets better
One difference between you and i
Your heart is inside your head

One word from you
One word from me
A clear design on your liberty
Who could believe when love has gone
How we move on like everyone

Only such fools
Only such jealous hearts

Only through love changes come

Change changing places
Root yourself to the ground
Capitalize on this good fortune
One word can bring you round
Changes

One road to loneliness
It’s always the same
One road to happiness
It’s calling your name

Change changing places - changes
Root yourself to the ground
Capitalize on this good fortune
One word can bring you round
Changes

Change changing places
Changes
Root yourself to the ground
Word to the wise - well you get what’s coming
One word - one word can bring you round
Changes

Other  
#8 | 1426 days ago

Actually - and if I may be so bold as to say - I'm not sure I understand why people would leave simply due to the fact that there are changes without prior notification. To me, this is akin to cutting off a friendship just because my friend threw me a surprise party. And with the occasional drawback (like the decreased respect limit) it would be like cutting off a friendship because my friend threw me a surprise party and invited someone I didn't really like.
Other  
#9 | 1426 days ago
18packabs (+)

Jess wrote:
Actually - and if I may be so bold as to say - I'm not sure I understand why people would leave simply due to the fact that there are changes without prior notification. To me, this is akin to cutting off a friendship just because my friend threw me a surprise party. And with the occasional drawback (like the decreased respect limit) it would be like cutting off a friendship because my friend threw me a surprise party and invited someone I didn't really like.
for the record I never left for the changes in the site.
Other  
#10 | 1426 days ago

18packabs wrote:
for the record I never left for the changes in the site.
Oh I know. But even if you did...if you left for the changes on the site, THAT - I can understand completely. If it keeps changing and you don't like what's going on and how it's changing, I can totally understand people leaving. But to leave because you're not notified about the changes? That makes no sense to me.
Other  
#11 | 1426 days ago
18packabs (+)

Jess wrote:
Oh I know. But even if you did...if you left for the changes on the site, THAT - I can understand completely. If it keeps changing and you don't like what's going on and how it's changing, I can totally understand people leaving. But to leave because you're not notified about the changes? That makes no sense to me.
well I have been married and divorced so many times, I obviously LOVE Changes.....LMAO!!!!!
Other  
#12 | 1426 days ago

Jess wrote:
Actually - and if I may be so bold as to say - I'm not sure I understand why people would leave simply due to the fact that there are changes without prior notification. To me, this is akin to cutting off a friendship just because my friend threw me a surprise party. And with the occasional drawback (like the decreased respect limit) it would be like cutting off a friendship because my friend threw me a surprise party and invited someone I didn't really like.
AMEN!!!

Firstly *I* take offence to the intro to this poll.  Stupid??  I think not.  How dare you?  This site is FREE.  You sign up if you want to, you leave if you want to.  No one is tying your hands to your computer and forcing you to play with any part of the site. 
I've been in employment before when I have been told, "we are changing the computer system, effective immediately. You will be required to learn it and you will have two weeks to do so."

PERIOD.

Does Facebook tell you before they make changes? Does your e-mail program tell you they are changing? Does your banking system give you notification before they change the way you log in to your internet banking or try to use the ATM??
Do they ASK you if they may?

The answer to all of those questions is no.  And if your boss should tell you that they are changing the computer system because they (the bosses) have decided a better one is out there, do you throw a temper tantrum and quit your job?  Well, maybe you do, but then I guess it was just a job to you.

The technicians and people behind the scenes work their asses off to bring to the site the changes that people want.  Jess has explained at least three times why the respects were changed and how you can get more respects to give out, but once again, all anyone wants to do is complain.  It's like refusing to open a present because you don't like the wrapping paper.

*I* LOVE the changes, and I've spent more time in the past day playing in the "Bars" than I have on the Q in a long time.  To me, that is a good thing.  I really like good things, and that's what I will focus on.
I dont agree  
#13 | 1426 days ago

Joe_L wrote:
Tianna, once you have used you initial 10 respects a pop up box will appear and you will be able to get 10 more for 100Q bucks. There is no limit on how many times a day you do this, any bought unused respects will also live on at midnight!
it said i was out of respects so i clicked and bought some......went to give some out and it said i didnt have any(again).....ok so i bought some more,thinking maybe it didnt registar,,,, went to give out again and said i didnt have any.....so im out 200 q bucks and have no respects to give during the game..to  "earn" points .........now what?
#14 | 1426 days ago

I like the new football bar thing, Being an Eagles fan now I can talk eagles football and I know where they hang out thanks for the football bar Jess I like it
#15 | 1426 days ago

Onegoodredhead2 wrote:
it said i was out of respects so i clicked and bought some......went to give some out and it said i didnt have any(again).....ok so i bought some more,thinking maybe it didnt registar,,,, went to give out again and said i didnt have any.....so im out 200 q bucks and have no respects to give during the game..to  "earn" points .........now what?
I had this happen to me too - something isn't right. I reported it. I'm sure we'll hear something back soon and you'll either receive your Respects you paid for or you will be refunded your QBucks you spent on them :)
Other  
#16 | 1426 days ago

Onegoodredhead2 wrote:
it said i was out of respects so i clicked and bought some......went to give some out and it said i didnt have any(again).....ok so i bought some more,thinking maybe it didnt registar,,,, went to give out again and said i didnt have any.....so im out 200 q bucks and have no respects to give during the game..to  "earn" points .........now what?
Mims, when this happens you need to go to the bottom of the page and click on report a bug! I'm going to pass this along and will get back with you.
#17 | 1426 days ago

Debi_L wrote:
AMEN!!!

Firstly *I* take offence to the intro to this poll.  Stupid??  I think not.  How dare you?  This site is FREE.  You sign up if you want to, you leave if you want to.  No one is tying your hands to your computer and forcing you to play with any part of the site. 
I've been in employment before when I have been told, "we are changing the computer system, effective immediately. You will be required to learn it and you will have two weeks to do so."

PERIOD.

Does Facebook tell you before they make changes? Does your e-mail program tell you they are changing? Does your banking system give you notification before they change the way you log in to your internet banking or try to use the ATM??
Do they ASK you if they may?

The answer to all of those questions is no.  And if your boss should tell you that they are changing the computer system because they (the bosses) have decided a better one is out there, do you throw a temper tantrum and quit your job?  Well, maybe you do, but then I guess it was just a job to you.

The technicians and people behind the scenes work their asses off to bring to the site the changes that people want.  Jess has explained at least three times why the respects were changed and how you can get more respects to give out, but once again, all anyone wants to do is complain.  It's like refusing to open a present because you don't like the wrapping paper.

*I* LOVE the changes, and I've spent more time in the past day playing in the "Bars" than I have on the Q in a long time.  To me, that is a good thing.  I really like good things, and that's what I will focus on.
i dont think saying people are complaining by airing their thoughts and concerns.....if there wasnt "complaints..they wouldnt need moderators and tech to fix things....many complaints are justified..and like any thig that aired,,we can chose to listen to it it or not....i think becaus eof the changes ,and people asking questions and such,,people are a bit more sensitive to issues....of course we all have to get used to the changes,,,but a site has to expect people to "complain" and or air their thoughts with those changes.......not everyone who mentions a change is complaining....they may merely be saying how they feel........there are things that come with change and im sure the site is trying its best to work them out......i cant buy respects so now i cant give respects,so thus my points i supposedly can earn cant happen....they are working on it,,but it doesnt help if people start geting defensive at each other..just chill everyone,,and give it some time to get worked out....
#18 | 1426 days ago

(Edited by kteacher)
Jess wrote:
I'll address this as well as I know how.

I think mainly, we don't give an advance notice to the general public because a lot of times there are different things that are planned with a release that don't make it with the initial changes because there's either something wrong with them or there are more tweaks we need to make before we're comfortable with it going live. There were a few things that didn't make the cut with THIS release that will be added later. If we give an advance notice about something and it doesn't happen, people are expecting something that they may not see for a while longer, if ever (we learned our lesson with this years ago). Sometimes a decision to remove something from the list is made literally seconds before a new feature or a change is released.

We have blanketed the notification of changes by saying repeatedly - this site is always changing. We do listen to people and we like to make the site easier for them to use, more fun to play, and we try to make sure that it's equally fun and intuitive for brand new users, casual users, die-hards, and addicts (you would be amazed at how tough it is to balance that). Because of this, the site is always evolving, thanks to your suggestions. We change the navigation, homepage, and other things around the site often. Basically the one thing that you can always expect here is change...we don't hide that.

I'll end this comment by giving a couple advanced notifications.
1 - the homepage will be changing soon. I think you all will like it :)
2 - you will be able to send your friends drinks in the Sports Bars soon :)
Now - for the same reason we don't generally give a lot of information out ahead of time or let you know about changes before they happen...I probably won't have the answers to any questions you might have about those 2 things, because in the development process - yep you guessed it - "things change"

I hope this helps.
"we don't give an advance notice to the general public because a lot of times there are different things that are planned with a release that don't make it...."

Yes....like NHL fantasy. I remember waiting for that one last year, and it NEVER came. lol
Other  
#19 | 1426 days ago

Joe_L wrote:
Mims, when this happens you need to go to the bottom of the page and click on report a bug! I'm going to pass this along and will get back with you.
i reported it a couple different ways hun.....its just gonna take some time to get worked out,, but hope i get credited for my 200 ...im more concerned in not being able to give respect in a game to earn my points to win stuff.....damn being competitive sucks!
#20 | 1426 days ago

kteacher wrote:
"we don't give an advance notice to the general public because a lot of times there are different things that are planned with a release that don't make it...."

Yes....like NHL fantasy. I remember waiting for that one last year, and it NEVER came. lol
Exactly...me too
Other  
#21 | 1426 days ago

Jess wrote:
I had this happen to me too - something isn't right. I reported it. I'm sure we'll hear something back soon and you'll either receive your Respects you paid for or you will be refunded your QBucks you spent on them :)
thanks jess,,i am sure it will all be sussed....its just comes with the territory......but dammit i am the number one giants fan! and its ruining my average!!
#22 | 1426 days ago

18packabs wrote:
well I have been married and divorced so many times, I obviously LOVE Changes.....LMAO!!!!!
giving you temporary respect and a smile for making me laugh:)
#23 | 1426 days ago

Onegoodredhead2 wrote:
i dont think saying people are complaining by airing their thoughts and concerns.....if there wasnt "complaints..they wouldnt need moderators and tech to fix things....many complaints are justified..and like any thig that aired,,we can chose to listen to it it or not....i think becaus eof the changes ,and people asking questions and such,,people are a bit more sensitive to issues....of course we all have to get used to the changes,,,but a site has to expect people to "complain" and or air their thoughts with those changes.......not everyone who mentions a change is complaining....they may merely be saying how they feel........there are things that come with change and im sure the site is trying its best to work them out......i cant buy respects so now i cant give respects,so thus my points i supposedly can earn cant happen....they are working on it,,but it doesnt help if people start geting defensive at each other..just chill everyone,,and give it some time to get worked out....
I completely understand people airing concerns over changes to the site. Sometimes they're completely valid concerns and sometimes I think they're just aversion to change. I think that what doesn't make sense to me is the complaint that there's no (or minimal) prior notification to the changes.
Other  
#24 | 1426 days ago

Jess wrote:
I had this happen to me too - something isn't right. I reported it. I'm sure we'll hear something back soon and you'll either receive your Respects you paid for or you will be refunded your QBucks you spent on them :)
Doesn't look like the bar points are updating.  Is this a related issue?
#25 | 1426 days ago

Joe_L wrote:
Janet, when you log in go and check in (you don't have to bet) the Sports Bar and you will receive Q bucks just like the daily lottery!
hmmm not sure if that is working correctly then either..becuase i have logged in and out a few times to see if my respects would reset,,but they didnt and when i re checked into sports bar my dollar amount didnt change either.....
#26 | 1426 days ago

Onegoodredhead2 wrote:
hmmm not sure if that is working correctly then either..becuase i have logged in and out a few times to see if my respects would reset,,but they didnt and when i re checked into sports bar my dollar amount didnt change either.....
It will only happen one time a day, just like the daily lottery did....(Ithe first time you go in)
#27 | 1426 days ago

HouTxFan wrote:
Doesn't look like the bar points are updating.  Is this a related issue?
If you refresh the page, do they update? I know that it only updates in the little box with my pic when I do something and then I have to refresh the page in order for it to update in the list of people down the side. Are they not updating by your picture either?
Other  
#28 | 1426 days ago

Joe_L wrote:
It will only happen one time a day, just like the daily lottery did....(Ithe first time you go in)
ahhhh ok:) thanks!
#29 | 1426 days ago

I've purchased respects twice so far today.  I started the day with around 5000 Qbucks.  I've bet, checked in all over the place, chosen my picks and picked the score.  I even bought two gifts.  I still have over 3000 Qbucks.  I don't care that I wasn't notified about these changes, they all ROCK!

On another note, I'm really sorry that it isn't working right for everyone.  i was going to suggest logging out and logging back in, Mims, as that is what I usually do if I have "issues" but if you have tried that and it still isn't working, I'm sure the techs are doing all they can to get it working right!!
I dont agree  
#30 | 1426 days ago

(Edited by HouTxFan)
Jess wrote:
If you refresh the page, do they update? I know that it only updates in the little box with my pic when I do something and then I have to refresh the page in order for it to update in the list of people down the side. Are they not updating by your picture either?
No, refreshing didn't update it.  Could be I'm just still not understanding how it works, though.

When I left the Cowboys vs. Texans bar last night, I had 110 points.  I placed a couple of more bets this afternoon before the game, and while they are showing as active bets for me, my points are still listed at 110.  (Guess I should add that besides refreshing, I've logged in/off several times throughout the day with no change to my points.)

   
#31 | 1426 days ago

HouTxFan wrote:
No, refreshing didn't update it.  Could be I'm just still not understanding how it works, though.

When I left the Cowboys vs. Texans bar last night, I had 110 points.  I placed a couple of more bets this afternoon before the game, and while they are showing as active bets for me, my points are still listed at 110.  (Guess I should add that besides refreshing, I've logged in/off several times throughout the day with no change to my points.)

   
Let me check and make sure, but I wonder if just the initial bets you go through with the bartender count toward your bar points. Then of course all of your comments, respects you get and give, etc. count too.

and btw, I'm watching this game and enjoying the throttling the Texans are giving the Cowboys IMMENSELY! 
Other  
#32 | 1426 days ago

(Edited by HouTxFan)
Jess wrote:
Let me check and make sure, but I wonder if just the initial bets you go through with the bartender count toward your bar points. Then of course all of your comments, respects you get and give, etc. count too.

and btw, I'm watching this game and enjoying the throttling the Texans are giving the Cowboys IMMENSELY! 
Do comments by themselves (no respects involved) add to your points?  I made a few comments at the beginning of the game, too, without seeing any changes in points.

And, yes m'am...preseason or not...this HouTxFan has enjoyed the heck out of this game! 
#33 | 1426 days ago

Debi_L wrote:
I've purchased respects twice so far today.  I started the day with around 5000 Qbucks.  I've bet, checked in all over the place, chosen my picks and picked the score.  I even bought two gifts.  I still have over 3000 Qbucks.  I don't care that I wasn't notified about these changes, they all ROCK!

On another note, I'm really sorry that it isn't working right for everyone.  i was going to suggest logging out and logging back in, Mims, as that is what I usually do if I have "issues" but if you have tried that and it still isn't working, I'm sure the techs are doing all they can to get it working right!!
no worries hun,,,im sure everyone is doing the best they can to get it sussed.....my only concern is that it messes with my number one giants fan status........since WE all know I am........,,,,,its bringing me down
#34 | 1426 days ago

Jess wrote:
Let me check and make sure, but I wonder if just the initial bets you go through with the bartender count toward your bar points. Then of course all of your comments, respects you get and give, etc. count too.

and btw, I'm watching this game and enjoying the throttling the Texans are giving the Cowboys IMMENSELY! 
If making a comment alone (meaning, independent of whether it gets any respect) should increase your points, then it definitely is not updating.  Woody and Joe have both made comments after some of mine, and their points are not updated either.
#35 | 1426 days ago

HouTxFan wrote:
If making a comment alone (meaning, independent of whether it gets any respect) should increase your points, then it definitely is not updating.  Woody and Joe have both made comments after some of mine, and their points are not updated either.
I'm pretty sure after the initial check in, cheer for a team, and bet the only way to get more points is by respected comments.
#36 | 1426 days ago
18packabs (+)

Onegoodredhead2 wrote:
giving you temporary respect and a smile for making me laugh:)
TY red haired lady
Other  
#37 | 1426 days ago

Joe_L wrote:
I'm pretty sure after the initial check in, cheer for a team, and bet the only way to get more points is by respected comments.
Yea, that's what's going on.
The "Bar Games" or if you go through it with the bartender bets are the ones that count toward your Bar Points - anything after that is just going for QBucks.
Other  
#38 | 1426 days ago

Joe_L wrote:
I'm pretty sure after the initial check in, cheer for a team, and bet the only way to get more points is by respected comments.
Rut roh...getting respect as a Texans fan ain't easy. 
#39 | 1426 days ago

HouTxFan wrote:
Rut roh...getting respect as a Texans fan ain't easy. 
easier than you think...
#40 | 1426 days ago

HouTxFan wrote:
Rut roh...getting respect as a Texans fan ain't easy. 
Oh yea and you get points for respecting others so don't be stingy!!!
#41 | 1426 days ago

Joe_L wrote:
Oh yea and you get points for respecting others so don't be stingy!!!
Yep...just gotta remember to stay out of the Locker Room on Texans game days! 

#42 | 1426 days ago
18packabs (+)

Joe_L wrote:
It will only happen one time a day, just like the daily lottery did....(Ithe first time you go in)
cover me, I'm going in......
Other  
#43 | 1426 days ago

(Edited by Joe_L)
HouTxFan wrote:
Yep...just gotta remember to stay out of the Locker Room on Texans game days! 

Or buy more respects!
#44 | 1426 days ago

Joe_L wrote:
Or buy more respects!
Trying to accumulate a Q Buck bankroll before the start of the NFL regular season.  I wanna be a Q-uillionaire when I grow up. 
#45 | 1426 days ago
cubsgirl2 (+)

 I understand what Keebs is saying. Or rather his frustration.  And like Jess said there are reasons that they can't I guess. But guys try to remember nothing is ever set in stone here, and it is always changing. So why dont we this time just take a deep breathe and say, this to shall pass. 
Other  
#46 | 1426 days ago

HouTxFan wrote:
Trying to accumulate a Q Buck bankroll before the start of the NFL regular season.  I wanna be a Q-uillionaire when I grow up. 
Money Tree
#47 | 1426 days ago

18packabs wrote:
TY red haired lady
thankyou...i really do get a kick out of you,,and have fun leaving some back atcha!!  you are a hoot ab man!!
#48 | 1426 days ago
18packabs (+)

Onegoodredhead2 wrote:
thankyou...i really do get a kick out of you,,and have fun leaving some back atcha!!  you are a hoot ab man!!
I am slightly above average...;)
Other  
#49 | 1426 days ago

HouTxFan wrote:
Rut roh...getting respect as a Texans fan ain't easy. 
Texan fans shoud be gettin alot!!! they have much to be respected for with Schwab's performance last year!!
#50 | 1426 days ago

18packabs wrote:
I am slightly above average...;)
is that a thumbs up or ya just "happy to see me?"
#51 | 1425 days ago

ok crazy things n my profile..it just showed at 900pm 3 minutes ago..i had5160 q bucks..  i had 4960,,before 9,,,,,  now it is showing i have 4960 again and i havent bought anything?..i had 5360 or 5310 before i bought my respects earlier,,,this is messing with me....
#52 | 1425 days ago

I'm always late for the news. I logged in the morning, I saw some changes, I got into the Sports bar to see what it was about, dropped a line, came back to the LR, noticed some changes, the distribution of the menus, some other options, and just till now I see what you say about  10 respects, LOL. I'm so ashamed because I'm so absent minded and I act almost by instinct,  we deal with changes everyday and we survive, I think we have to give it a try first and see what happens, as Jess and Glenda say (and we all know) things can change at any moment. Of course I'm OOR (because I wasn't updated) but I respect you all in my heart. XOXO
#53 | 1425 days ago

the site did reload my 10 respectsthe site givesat 900 pm pst..  but it hasnt yet given me my credit for the 200 q bucks or 20 extra respects..just to keep ya updated:)
#54 | 1425 days ago
18packabs (+)

Onegoodredhead2 wrote:
is that a thumbs up or ya just "happy to see me?"
always happy to see ya.
Other  
#55 | 1425 days ago

Other  
#56 | 1425 days ago

janet011685 wrote:
If I remember correctly, I think they kind of did give us notice when Season Two was ready to be rolled out.  And you remember how well THAT went over.  

I'm still annoyed at the Respect thing, and am missing the daily lottery.  When betting, I think with my heart and not always my head, so I can't bank on winning Qbucks to stay afloat ... and as I said before, with all the other stuff (read: bills) I can spend my money on, I don't think I'll ever actually pay for more Qbucks.

Otherwise, I do like the changes a lot, so far.
Janet I dont remember what I did last night let alone when season 2 came along.
#57 | 1425 days ago

eLa_MAe_O wrote:
and what with the only ten respect?!?!?!?!?!  the first time i left because of that and didnt come back till we got fifty!!  what is the point of only ten, anywase?  there are deffinetly more than ten comments/polls that i see a day that deserve respects!!
Diddo on that.
#58 | 1425 days ago

Jess wrote:
I'll address this as well as I know how.

I think mainly, we don't give an advance notice to the general public because a lot of times there are different things that are planned with a release that don't make it with the initial changes because there's either something wrong with them or there are more tweaks we need to make before we're comfortable with it going live. There were a few things that didn't make the cut with THIS release that will be added later. If we give an advance notice about something and it doesn't happen, people are expecting something that they may not see for a while longer, if ever (we learned our lesson with this years ago). Sometimes a decision to remove something from the list is made literally seconds before a new feature or a change is released.

We have blanketed the notification of changes by saying repeatedly - this site is always changing. We do listen to people and we like to make the site easier for them to use, more fun to play, and we try to make sure that it's equally fun and intuitive for brand new users, casual users, die-hards, and addicts (you would be amazed at how tough it is to balance that). Because of this, the site is always evolving, thanks to your suggestions. We change the navigation, homepage, and other things around the site often. Basically the one thing that you can always expect here is change...we don't hide that.

I'll end this comment by giving a couple advanced notifications.
1 - the homepage will be changing soon. I think you all will like it :)
2 - you will be able to send your friends drinks in the Sports Bars soon :)
Now - for the same reason we don't generally give a lot of information out ahead of time or let you know about changes before they happen...I probably won't have the answers to any questions you might have about those 2 things, because in the development process - yep you guessed it - "things change"

I hope this helps.
Jess its all good I was just torqued when I logged on and didnt see the playbook i was like WTF and couldn't figure out how to place a bet on more then just my teams.
#59 | 1425 days ago

keebs8 wrote:
Jess its all good I was just torqued when I logged on and didnt see the playbook i was like WTF and couldn't figure out how to place a bet on more then just my teams.
Keebs, did you figure out how to bet on other teams? If not or you have any question just let me know!
#60 | 1424 days ago

keebs8 wrote:
Jess its all good I was just torqued when I logged on and didnt see the playbook i was like WTF and couldn't figure out how to place a bet on more then just my teams.
Yep took a few but I did. Thanks for the offer .
#61 | 1410 days ago

As long as I can find the locker room, I don't care what y'all do.
I dont Care   
#62 | 1410 days ago

Debi_L wrote:
AMEN!!!

Firstly *I* take offence to the intro to this poll.  Stupid??  I think not.  How dare you?  This site is FREE.  You sign up if you want to, you leave if you want to.  No one is tying your hands to your computer and forcing you to play with any part of the site. 
I've been in employment before when I have been told, "we are changing the computer system, effective immediately. You will be required to learn it and you will have two weeks to do so."

PERIOD.

Does Facebook tell you before they make changes? Does your e-mail program tell you they are changing? Does your banking system give you notification before they change the way you log in to your internet banking or try to use the ATM??
Do they ASK you if they may?

The answer to all of those questions is no.  And if your boss should tell you that they are changing the computer system because they (the bosses) have decided a better one is out there, do you throw a temper tantrum and quit your job?  Well, maybe you do, but then I guess it was just a job to you.

The technicians and people behind the scenes work their asses off to bring to the site the changes that people want.  Jess has explained at least three times why the respects were changed and how you can get more respects to give out, but once again, all anyone wants to do is complain.  It's like refusing to open a present because you don't like the wrapping paper.

*I* LOVE the changes, and I've spent more time in the past day playing in the "Bars" than I have on the Q in a long time.  To me, that is a good thing.  I really like good things, and that's what I will focus on.
It's like refusing to open a present because you don't like the wrapping paper.


That is good sh*t right there!! I just laughed so hard in my mind that my head started hurting.

Post a Comment   Already a user? Sign in here
Join FanIQ - It's Free
FanIQ is the ultimate free community for sports fans.
Talk sports with fans from all over - 1,649,417+ Comments
Track your game picks - 38,670,182,382+ Sports Predictions
Prove you know sports - 116,275+ Trivia Questions
Find fans of your teams - 11,453,110+ New Friends
30 DAY DRAWING CHALLENGE DAY 25
Asked by ms_hippie_queen | Locker Room, Miscellaneous | 1 questions asked 08/19/13
6 opinions | 3 comments | Last by woody050681
Go ahead make my day
Asked by 18packabs | Locker Room, Miscellaneous | 1 questions asked 05/08/12
29 opinions | 46 comments | Last by KSbengals99
When Crap Goes Wrong!!
Asked by BamaMan | Locker Room, Miscellaneous | 1 questions asked 07/25/12
20 opinions | 19 comments | Last by KSbengals99
Neighbors,Neighbors,Neighbors
Asked by CAPTAINSEAFOOD | Locker Room, Miscellaneous | 1 questions asked 05/14/12
24 opinions | 28 comments | Last by KSbengals99
Joke of the day 12/15
Asked by huskerdoug2009 | Locker Room, Miscellaneous | 1 questions asked 12/15/12
12 opinions | 5 comments | Last by KSbengals99