Skip to Next Poll »
8
Pick'Em Found a New Home
You wanted a Rapid Fire way to pick games in Sports Bar? We delivered!

Now that we've finally implemented Pick'Em into Sports Bar, it is just redundant and unnecessary work to keep Pick'Em up as a page of its own.

Quick Pick:
On top of all of the other great Sports Bar features, and being able to bet your friends, you can now quickly pick all the way down the line of games available without being redirected to the bar pages each time - and your straight bet will go against the FanIQ House. You'll automatically be checked in to the Sports Bars for the games you picked under the "I'm Not Cheering Today" mode, so you can later go into the specific Sports Bars where you want to cheer and earn more bar points by picking a team to cheer for.

More Games:
After you make your straight pick, the "More Games" menu will expand so you can still predict the score, bet on the spread and over/under if you want to. (I always recommend predicting the score...it only costs 10 QBucks and it's a huge payout if you get it right!)

Pick'Em Found a New Home Photo

QBucks:
All of your picks will cost QBucks - how much each bet costs will come up when you hover over the button for the pick.
Remember - there are a TON of ways to earn and acquire QBucks.
  • Check in to a game - any game - every day for your daily check-in bonus
  • Go on a Cheering Streak - cheer for your team in consecutive games to acquire more QBucks each game than the last
  • Receive a Q100 Free Bonus Gift from your friend each day*
  • Win QBucks by winning your Quick Fantasy games and Bets
  • You can always buy them if you want...they're pretty cheap at 10 Qbucks per penny! (remember, FanIQ isn't a not-for-profit organization...we need to pay the bills too Pick'Em Found a New Home Photo)
And, if you're good at picking, you'll win a lot of them. Even if you just win 50% of your bets, you'll break even. Previous points for Pick'Em were literally worthless. So, where the charged bets may be a drawback, the possibility of actually winning something useful for your picks is a huge plus.

As always, please post any questions and feedback here!
Featured by: Jess at 9/17/10 9:04PM
| Closed on 10/17/10 at 05:00PM
FanIQ Pts? No | Locker Room, FanIQ | Multiple Choice Opinion Poll
33 Fans 
 1. Pick'Em Users: How do you like the new format? (0 points)
9%a. It's a change, but I'll get used to it
15%b. I like it - as long as I have a quick way to pick game winners, I'm happy
18%c. I'll try it out and let you know what I decide
12%d. I really like that I'll win something useful now
9%e. Nope, nuh-uh, not even gonna try it, and you can't make me
12%f. I never really got into Pick'Em
24%g. Other
 2. Non Pick'Em Users: What do you think? (0 points)
15%a. I like the option of being able to pick a bunch of games against the house quickly
3%b. I'll probably use the Sports Bar the same as I always have- this won't affect me
6%c. I may not have been a Pick'Em user before, but this may turn me into one!
0%d. I love it
9%e. I hate it
9%f. I don't really care either way
33%g. I'm a Pick'Em regular - see my answer above
24%h. Other

 &nbp;
TOP COMMENT * * * * * * * * * * * *
#7 | 1465 days ago
18packabs (+)

You can pick yer friends, you can pick yer nose, but you cant pick yer friends nose......


Pick ems' it's what's for dinner.
1. Nope, nuh-uh, not even gonna try it, and you can't make me  2. I hate it  
  
87 Comments | Sorted by Most Recent First | Red = You Disagreed
Vote for your favorite comments. Fans decide the Top Comment (3+ votes) and also hide poor quality comments (4+ votes).
#1 | 1465 days ago

Jess, the daily Q100 bucks only goes to your top ten right? I have seen some ask why they are not receiving them when their friends are sending them. 
1. I really like that I'll win something useful now  2. I like the option of being able to pick a bunch of games against the house quickly  
#2 | 1465 days ago

Joe_L wrote:
Jess, the daily Q100 bucks only goes to your top ten right? I have seen some ask why they are not receiving them when their friends are sending them. 
Oh yes - the * was so I would remember to explain the Daily Q100 Gift...

You can only send it once per day.
Your top 10 friends receive it.
You can only receive one per day.

The reason it's designed like this is to keep people from cheating by creating duplicate accounts and padding their QBuck balance :)
1. I really like that I'll win something useful now  2. I may not have been a Pick'Em user before, but this may turn me into one!  
#3 | 1465 days ago

I confess that I am not at all a fan (even as I understand the reasons for which the change was made), principally because there are at least two features of the old pick'em framework that are not recapitulated in playbook as revised, but I'll return to note those later; right now I've to create and then decapitate a bobblehead of Mat Latos, who is single-handedly destroying my ESPN.com Baseball Challenge entry.
1. Other  2. I'm a Pick'Em regular - see my answer above  
#4 | 1465 days ago

I'm thinking I may actually like this change.  I haven't been into the pick 'ems in a long time (sad to say), but so far I've enjoyed the sports bar.
1. I'll try it out and let you know what I decide  2. I'm a Pick'Em regular - see my answer above  
#5 | 1465 days ago

What the brains of this outfit dont understand is you dont have a faniq without the members,so you guys might want to put changes to the members befor you change personally I think it was a terrible move because you are forcing people like me who dont like to bet to do so in order to pick the games luckily I found another place to pickem without haveing to bet,becare brains you wont have a faniq
1. Other  2. I'm a Pick'Em regular - see my answer above  
#6 | 1465 days ago

CAPTAINSEAFOOD wrote:
What the brains of this outfit dont understand is you dont have a faniq without the members,so you guys might want to put changes to the members befor you change personally I think it was a terrible move because you are forcing people like me who dont like to bet to do so in order to pick the games luckily I found another place to pickem without haveing to bet,becare brains you wont have a faniq
Actually, we did announce the removal of Pick'Em several months ago.

QBucks are essentially just points, just like what people have always won in the past, but with an actual use and a name that happens to be something that people get hung up on. Not long after the site started, people wanted a way to actually "bet their points" - the QBucks gives them a way to do that. I think the problem here is that people assume that just because the word "bucks" is in the name, and you can buy them, that you're forced to buy them. They're exactly like points everyone earned before, but they're more useful.

With the old pick'em, you actually were "betting" your points. This is no different, the points are just named something different :)
1. I really like that I'll win something useful now  2. I may not have been a Pick'Em user before, but this may turn me into one!  
#7 | 1465 days ago
18packabs (+)

You can pick yer friends, you can pick yer nose, but you cant pick yer friends nose......


Pick ems' it's what's for dinner.
1. Nope, nuh-uh, not even gonna try it, and you can't make me  2. I hate it  
#8 | 1465 days ago

what if the team you are cheering for is different than the team you think will win? how do you pick that?
#9 | 1465 days ago

(Edited by Onegoodredhead2)
personally i dont think you should force someone to bet to cheer..now aka pick...i like cheering for a team but it isnt alwaysthe team i would opick to win.......   there has to be the option of cheering and picking and having them seperate....many of us have teams that we love, and we cheer for, but wouldnt pick to win a game..this is tying our ands and forcing us to spend our qbucks or ponits what ever you want to call it. ..it is taking away from the fan who wants to cheer for their team yet bet for whom they feel will win.... this change took my q buck total down by almost 1000 points bucks...and i would have picked much differently had i known they were going to be wagers....
#10 | 1465 days ago

(Edited by Cali_Kat)
Jess wrote:
Oh yes - the * was so I would remember to explain the Daily Q100 Gift...

You can only send it once per day.
Your top 10 friends receive it.
You can only receive one per day.

The reason it's designed like this is to keep people from cheating by creating duplicate accounts and padding their QBuck balance :)
 So if I send it to my top friends, and another one of their top friends has already sent it, then they will not get mine?
#11 | 1465 days ago

Keep in mind, folks -
Cheering, checking in to the game, etc. still costs you nothing.
You do not HAVE to pick who you think will win the game - you do not HAVE to bet. You can if you want to; this just gives you that option to do it more quickly.
You can go in as you were before - you can check in from the Bartender script on the homepage or you can go to the different sports' Sports Bar pages and pick a game to check in to there - you never even have to touch the Quick Pick mode.

This just gives you that extra option if you want it.
1. I really like that I'll win something useful now  2. I may not have been a Pick'Em user before, but this may turn me into one!  
#12 | 1465 days ago

Cali_Kat wrote:
 So if I send it to my top friends, and another one of their top friends has already sent it, then they will not get mine?
Right - but it won't take anything away from you either. This is just a little bonus QBucks button. So for example, say you're in my top 10 friends and you're in Ashlie's top 10 friends. Ashlie clicks the button before I do. She doesn't get charged 1,000 total for the QBucks she just sent out; she isn't charged anything. When I click the Free Q100 Gift button, you won't receive the gift I sent you, but I'm not charged for it either.
1. I really like that I'll win something useful now  2. I may not have been a Pick'Em user before, but this may turn me into one!  
#13 | 1465 days ago

Jess wrote:
Oh yes - the * was so I would remember to explain the Daily Q100 Gift...

You can only send it once per day.
Your top 10 friends receive it.
You can only receive one per day.

The reason it's designed like this is to keep people from cheating by creating duplicate accounts and padding their QBuck balance :)
only your top ten friends get them? that is the first i have heard of that.....it doesnt say send only your top 10 friends q a gift..it says send your friends a gift.....
#14 | 1465 days ago

Onegoodredhead2 wrote:
what if the team you are cheering for is different than the team you think will win? how do you pick that?
You could do one of a few things:
  • You don't have to use the pick on the sports bar homepages. You can completely ignore those and click the orange "Check In" button.
  • You can simply check in to the games you want by using the bartender script on your homepage.
  • You can check in to your favorite team games on your "My Teams" tab on your homepage
  • You can bet on the games if you want - and that will just check you in to the bars under "I'm not cheering today". Then you can go into the game you want and the bartender gives you the option right when you get there to cheer for whichever team you want.
1. I really like that I'll win something useful now  2. I may not have been a Pick'Em user before, but this may turn me into one!  
#15 | 1465 days ago

Onegoodredhead2 wrote:
personally i dont think you should force someone to bet to cheer..now aka pick...i like cheering for a team but it isnt alwaysthe team i would opick to win.......   there has to be the option of cheering and picking and having them seperate....many of us have teams that we love, and we cheer for, but wouldnt pick to win a game..this is tying our ands and forcing us to spend our qbucks or ponits what ever you want to call it. ..it is taking away from the fan who wants to cheer for their team yet bet for whom they feel will win.... this change took my q buck total down by almost 1000 points bucks...and i would have picked much differently had i known they were going to be wagers....
See #11 - you don't have to use the pick module. And you can certainly cheer for a team that you don't want to pick to win. It also doesn't cost anything to check in or to cheer.
1. I really like that I'll win something useful now  2. I may not have been a Pick'Em user before, but this may turn me into one!  
#16 | 1465 days ago

Onegoodredhead2 wrote:
only your top ten friends get them? that is the first i have heard of that.....it doesnt say send only your top 10 friends q a gift..it says send your friends a gift.....
Yea, that's the way it's always worked - I'm not sure if that's specified anywhere but it should be. I'll put in a ticket to make sure that's more clearly stated.
1. I really like that I'll win something useful now  2. I may not have been a Pick'Em user before, but this may turn me into one!  
#17 | 1465 days ago
18packabs (+)

Cali_Kat wrote:
 So if I send it to my top friends, and another one of their top friends has already sent it, then they will not get mine?
correct
1. Nope, nuh-uh, not even gonna try it, and you can't make me  2. I hate it  
#18 | 1465 days ago

Jess wrote:
Actually, we did announce the removal of Pick'Em several months ago.

QBucks are essentially just points, just like what people have always won in the past, but with an actual use and a name that happens to be something that people get hung up on. Not long after the site started, people wanted a way to actually "bet their points" - the QBucks gives them a way to do that. I think the problem here is that people assume that just because the word "bucks" is in the name, and you can buy them, that you're forced to buy them. They're exactly like points everyone earned before, but they're more useful.

With the old pick'em, you actually were "betting" your points. This is no different, the points are just named something different :)
it may have been announced BUt it wasnt explained that our picks/who we cheer for automaticaly costs up qbucks now......as i said many people cheer for one team BUT would bet completely differently,,and this change is forcing our hand.....dont lke that at all,
#19 | 1465 days ago

Onegoodredhead2 wrote:
it may have been announced BUt it wasnt explained that our picks/who we cheer for automaticaly costs up qbucks now......as i said many people cheer for one team BUT would bet completely differently,,and this change is forcing our hand.....dont lke that at all,
OK I think there's some confusion here.

Cheering costs nothing.
Checking in costs nothing.

Betting on games costs QBucks but you're not forced to bet on games in order to cheer or check in.

You don't have to bet on the team you're cheering for.
1. I really like that I'll win something useful now  2. I may not have been a Pick'Em user before, but this may turn me into one!  
#20 | 1465 days ago

I think that this is getting a little twisted.

The Sports Bar features have not changed, and nothing has been removed. You can still Check In and Cheer just as you always could. All that we've done is pulled the betting aspect front and center, so that those who want to bet on several games quickly can do so without being taken into the Sports Bar. We're not forcing anybody to do anything, and we're not charging you to cheer for your team or check in to a Sports Bar.

This does not affect the way the Sports Bar works in any way, shape, or form. Everything you loved about the Sports Bar is still there.
1. I really like that I'll win something useful now  2. I may not have been a Pick'Em user before, but this may turn me into one!  
#21 | 1465 days ago

Jess wrote:
OK I think there's some confusion here.

Cheering costs nothing.
Checking in costs nothing.

Betting on games costs QBucks but you're not forced to bet on games in order to cheer or check in.

You don't have to bet on the team you're cheering for.
all i know is i picked teams this morning/ last night and didnt bet on them but there are q bets for wagers on my bet page?..and duplicate bets as well? in the sportsbar when it say pick the winner andi bet 50 q bucks i expect to bet 50 q bucks....not keep having more 50 q bucks bet?..also i picked teams and i was charged q bucks?...i am looking ver my my bets and that is where i am very confused....picks i thought were cherrs are now bets.and i would never bet on some of the picks i picked?
#22 | 1465 days ago

 Im never a fan of change, but so far the changes you guys have made make the Q fun and enjoyable once again.  Mad props Jess...
#23 | 1465 days ago

Jess wrote:
Right - but it won't take anything away from you either. This is just a little bonus QBucks button. So for example, say you're in my top 10 friends and you're in Ashlie's top 10 friends. Ashlie clicks the button before I do. She doesn't get charged 1,000 total for the QBucks she just sent out; she isn't charged anything. When I click the Free Q100 Gift button, you won't receive the gift I sent you, but I'm not charged for it either.
 Thanks for clearing that up. Makes sense 
#24 | 1464 days ago

Jess wrote:
You could do one of a few things:
  • You don't have to use the pick on the sports bar homepages. You can completely ignore those and click the orange "Check In" button.
  • You can simply check in to the games you want by using the bartender script on your homepage.
  • You can check in to your favorite team games on your "My Teams" tab on your homepage
  • You can bet on the games if you want - and that will just check you in to the bars under "I'm not cheering today". Then you can go into the game you want and the bartender gives you the option right when you get there to cheer for whichever team you want.
you dontnhave to but we werent told that you didnt have to pick thst way and that by picking that way cost money..it wasnt nnounced before hand so thos \e of us who went down the kist any way are now stuck in bets we didnt plan on betting.......tha tis the beef......we are not told and the format just showed up and we all hit pick and then were charged...i dont think that is a way to introduce a new system to people........especially2 weeks after just chnging the format.....i want to pick who i bet my money on...not have a format change and see its all of a sudden a bet......there is still the issue of duplicate bets on my bety page and bets i did not bet on.....i wold like to see  that fixed....
#25 | 1464 days ago

the sports bar is most certinly set up different,the page that you hit to cheer on now shows picks,and without THt being explained before hand, many of us assumed we were cheering for temas YOu guys just chnged the name////aand th tis where the problem seems to ly....the format may be similar but one word change can screw up alot of people......and i think tha tis where the ptoblem lays
    wouldnt a notice to us to inform us tha tthis change was talking place and how would benefit many and avoid the frustration for many,,not to mention all the money?  all this time im thought i was sending all my friends gifts i wast..only the people in my top list...in which for the beginning was automatic and was mods......you guys already have a huge bankroll..so now we know we only get 10....so ok we change that... and now i have bets i didnt place becaus ei wasnt informed that the page said pick a team instead of cheer for a team...yes you can say its still there but its there a different way you were gettig to it before...and there lays the problem.....
#26 | 1464 days ago

I dont mind spending the 10 IQ bucks  for guessing the score to the games, but why cant you tell me the pay out?
#27 | 1464 days ago

Very nice changes... makes it fast to do both the pick'ems and SB features! Thanks!
1. I really like that I'll win something useful now  2. I'm a Pick'Em regular - see my answer above  
#28 | 1464 days ago

I get it
1. I'll try it out and let you know what I decide  2. I like the option of being able to pick a bunch of games against the house quickly  
#29 | 1464 days ago

The only thing I would like to see added to the MLB page is the pitching line. You have to actually enter the SB in order to see that and I predict the score with them factored in. Even if it never happens I like it as it is now anyways.
1. I really like that I'll win something useful now  2. I'm a Pick'Em regular - see my answer above  
#30 | 1464 days ago

What about the scoring???

The new Sports Bar thing rewards medals for contributions, etc (not really into that).   The old Pick'Em listed the top three scores at the top of the page, even if you looked at games earlier on the calendar, you could see how you were doing against others.  I honestly don't care much for the QBucks, etc... I liked trying to pick the perfect score to see how I compare with other players.   Is this type of scoring now gone.   If so... not happy :-(  

The Rapid Fire picks will be handy if you are in a hurry and want to make your picks, but I honestly thought the scoring is what was most attractive of the old Pick'Em site.     Well, checking in and making comments is probably the most fun, but having FanIQ keep track of how well you did in picking "win/loss", "over/under" and how many "perfect scores" you got was really cool!

I don't mind you moving Pick'em into the Playbook - there was quite a bit of duplication there, but hope the old scoring and keeping track of personal scores/records is able to continue in some fashion.

Thanks.
#31 | 1464 days ago

Jess - you're having fun with this, aren't you       

Change always seems to bug the hell out of everyone -- probably because they can't remember having diapers changed ... that always had to feel better.

It'll work out ... it always does
1. I'll try it out and let you know what I decide  2. Other  
#32 | 1464 days ago

WELL, CHANGES MAKE MY BRAINS WORK AND IN ENGLISH OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH  







1. It's a change, but I'll get used to it  2. Other  
#33 | 1464 days ago
18packabs (+)

so has that hour and a half it took me to check into all the NCAAFB games this morning.
1. Nope, nuh-uh, not even gonna try it, and you can't make me  2. I hate it  
#34 | 1464 days ago

I just made a ton of picks and I hadn't bothered with pickems in a long time.  Yep, it cost me a few Qbucks, but all Ihave to do is check into my favorite teams' newest game again and I will gain back all I bet plus more. 

Great way to tie it all together and i love that we can pick a team without a score should we want to, or bet a score for just a measly 10 Qbucks more!

Techies, you ROCK! I'm loving this!
1. I like it - as long as I have a quick way to pick game winners, I'm happy  2. I may not have been a Pick'Em user before, but this may turn me into one!  
#35 | 1464 days ago

It reminds of the old pick 'em, and I'm talking REAL back in the day, circa 2006, pick 'em. Back then, you had each game on one page, and the opportunity to pick the winner, spread, and over/under. If you won, you gained FanIQ points, and if you lost, you lost them obviously. This is pretty much the same thing, only with a different interface, the ability to interact with others via the sports bar, and with Q Bucks instead of points. So
#36 | 1464 days ago

There are 2 things that bother me with this new setup so far ---

1) --- I can't get fresh with the bar babe
2) --- I never get to drink the damn drinks
1. I'll try it out and let you know what I decide  2. Other  
#37 | 1464 days ago

(Edited by Lobotomy Jones)
The Quick Pick is still not nearly quick enough.
I make my pick and try to go to the next one and it  says "Hang on while we save your pick"
Meanwhile I'm trying to keeping clicking on  my picks down the list and the first pick I made it still expanding to ask me whether or not I want to bet. I could easily have made 10 picks in the time the first one takes.

The Pick-em's have undergone the least amount of change over the years. Each change progressively worse. I joined this site because of the pick-ems. It used to give a list of all the days games with 3 options- winner, spread, over-under. You know REAL gambling options. None of this having to pick the exact score or be forced to really bet. (By the way, getting the exact score only gives you 10 points. Really??) 

I want to be able to make my daily picks again, and I want to be able to make them all in under 5 minutes again.
1. I'll try it out and let you know what I decide  2. I'm a Pick'Em regular - see my answer above  
#38 | 1464 days ago
ssusiej46 (+)

(Edited by ssusiej46)
1. Other  2. I hate it  
#39 | 1464 days ago

Lobotomy Jones wrote:
The Quick Pick is still not nearly quick enough.
I make my pick and try to go to the next one and it  says "Hang on while we save your pick"
Meanwhile I'm trying to keeping clicking on  my picks down the list and the first pick I made it still expanding to ask me whether or not I want to bet. I could easily have made 10 picks in the time the first one takes.

The Pick-em's have undergone the least amount of change over the years. Each change progressively worse. I joined this site because of the pick-ems. It used to give a list of all the days games with 3 options- winner, spread, over-under. You know REAL gambling options. None of this having to pick the exact score or be forced to really bet. (By the way, getting the exact score only gives you 10 points. Really??) 

I want to be able to make my daily picks again, and I want to be able to make them all in under 5 minutes again.
I can answer one question -- it costs 10 Q bucks to pick exact score -- if you get it right, you win 100
1. I'll try it out and let you know what I decide  2. Other  
#40 | 1464 days ago

SickPuppy wrote:
I can answer one question -- it costs 10 Q bucks to pick exact score -- if you get it right, you win 100
Actually if you get an exact score, it works much the same as it used to with pick'em...you get some sort of multiple of the score or something, I can't remember. I just sent a message in to clarify...I'll be back with the answer :)
1. I really like that I'll win something useful now  2. I may not have been a Pick'Em user before, but this may turn me into one!  
#41 | 1464 days ago

(Edited by Jess)
OK I have the answer to the "Predict the Score" bet question for payouts:

Basically, it's set up to payoff based on the final total score of the game multiplied by (x) your bet amount (10). The idea is that the higher the score, the harder it's going to be to predict. For example, if you predicted an MLB score of 5-2 and you got it right, you'd win 70 QBucks ([5 + 2 = 7] x 10 = 70). If you predicted an NBA score of 135-145, you'd get 10 x (135+145) = 2800.
1. I really like that I'll win something useful now  2. I may not have been a Pick'Em user before, but this may turn me into one!  
#42 | 1464 days ago

Looks like it works great for the NBA predictions but not so good for MLB :(
#43 | 1464 days ago

SickPuppy wrote:
I can answer one question -- it costs 10 Q bucks to pick exact score -- if you get it right, you win 100
1. I'll try it out and let you know what I decide  2. I'm a Pick'Em regular - see my answer above  
#44 | 1464 days ago

Lobotomy Jones wrote:
I wonder if this is a glitch/bug - that doesn't look like it's right. Could you go to the page that this is showing up and click "Report a Bug"? I'll make sure one of our techs sees it :)
1. I really like that I'll win something useful now  2. I may not have been a Pick'Em user before, but this may turn me into one!  
#45 | 1463 days ago

I'm just going address the first paragraph, cuz it seems that Jess is dealing with the others - yes, the message comes up and says "please wait while we save your game" a courtesy popup, as we still had to wait for the save in pickems, we just didn't have the popup, however, if you have no intentions of picking the score, you can continue scrolling down the page, picking your winners - yes, the "game" expands to give you other options, but you don't have to take the other bets.  I managed to make just the picks in about the same time as it used to take me to do the actual pickems, just by ignoring the expanding box, and scrolling down to the next game - hope that makes sense?
1. I like it - as long as I have a quick way to pick game winners, I'm happy  2. I may not have been a Pick'Em user before, but this may turn me into one!  
#46 | 1463 days ago

Debi_L wrote:
I just made a ton of picks and I hadn't bothered with pickems in a long time.  Yep, it cost me a few Qbucks, but all Ihave to do is check into my favorite teams' newest game again and I will gain back all I bet plus more. 

Great way to tie it all together and i love that we can pick a team without a score should we want to, or bet a score for just a measly 10 Qbucks more!

Techies, you ROCK! I'm loving this!

please be clear and understand i love the new sports bar feature..the interactivness is wonderful!  my problem is i was checking into game sand the format was diffent with no explanation,and i was picking teams i wanted to win Not thought would win, becuas eit didnt explain you were no longer checking in (the old format you see on the example let you cheer....the new says pick..i thought the words just was changed.....not the format and that iwa swas now making wagers.....that is the problem i have... as i said i think the sports bar is a blast,,that isnt the issue.....and the old format with pick em didnt take your q bucks it kept track on a point system which is much different......
#47 | 1463 days ago

I think I'm probably more upset about no Fantasy Football than Pick'em. I seen that coming with Pick'em. I'll get used to the new way. As for FF, why is it not included this year? Other than that, I'm seeing some good changes,
and some I'll get used to.
1. It's a change, but I'll get used to it  2. Other  
#48 | 1463 days ago

Nah not enjoying the new format
1. Nope, nuh-uh, not even gonna try it, and you can't make me  2. I hate it  
#49 | 1463 days ago

Drummer99 wrote:
I think I'm probably more upset about no Fantasy Football than Pick'em. I seen that coming with Pick'em. I'll get used to the new way. As for FF, why is it not included this year? Other than that, I'm seeing some good changes,
and some I'll get used to.
I wish we were going to have Quick Fantasy for football this season too, but I'll try to explain it as best I can....

Back at the beginning of the baseball season, Quick Fantasy was redesigned, rewritten to make it easier and less confusing for our casual users. When it was rewritten, there were certain sports that were not in season and could not be properly tested with the new design, so they lost out. NFL was one of those sports.

Basically, with as few people that we have on staff (6, two of which are strictly technicians) we have extremely limited resources. We decided to focus on perfecting the most widely popular of our features, which happened to be Playbook and Pick'Em. As soon as we get Sports Bar as close to the way we want it, we'll take Quick Fantasy off the shelf and get that up and running, not only for the NFL again, but for some other sports as well. Unfortunately, we just didn't have the manpower to do it before the NFL season this year.
1. I really like that I'll win something useful now  2. I may not have been a Pick'Em user before, but this may turn me into one!  
#50 | 1463 days ago
18packabs (+)

Jess wrote:
I wish we were going to have Quick Fantasy for football this season too, but I'll try to explain it as best I can....

Back at the beginning of the baseball season, Quick Fantasy was redesigned, rewritten to make it easier and less confusing for our casual users. When it was rewritten, there were certain sports that were not in season and could not be properly tested with the new design, so they lost out. NFL was one of those sports.

Basically, with as few people that we have on staff (6, two of which are strictly technicians) we have extremely limited resources. We decided to focus on perfecting the most widely popular of our features, which happened to be Playbook and Pick'Em. As soon as we get Sports Bar as close to the way we want it, we'll take Quick Fantasy off the shelf and get that up and running, not only for the NFL again, but for some other sports as well. Unfortunately, we just didn't have the manpower to do it before the NFL season this year.
NASCAR Season was going then, just sayin......
1. Nope, nuh-uh, not even gonna try it, and you can't make me  2. I hate it  
#51 | 1463 days ago

Jess wrote:
I wish we were going to have Quick Fantasy for football this season too, but I'll try to explain it as best I can....

Back at the beginning of the baseball season, Quick Fantasy was redesigned, rewritten to make it easier and less confusing for our casual users. When it was rewritten, there were certain sports that were not in season and could not be properly tested with the new design, so they lost out. NFL was one of those sports.

Basically, with as few people that we have on staff (6, two of which are strictly technicians) we have extremely limited resources. We decided to focus on perfecting the most widely popular of our features, which happened to be Playbook and Pick'Em. As soon as we get Sports Bar as close to the way we want it, we'll take Quick Fantasy off the shelf and get that up and running, not only for the NFL again, but for some other sports as well. Unfortunately, we just didn't have the manpower to do it before the NFL season this year.
Geez   ... manpower ... isn't that a little sexist       that's not being very sensitive 

OMG -- I can't believe I just wrote that
1. I'll try it out and let you know what I decide  2. Other  
#52 | 1463 days ago

18packabs wrote:
NASCAR Season was going then, just sayin......
lol well...NASCAR is a whole other monster. That's not as easy to just plug in different sports/players and change the cosmetic design with essentially the same format. Just sayin
1. I really like that I'll win something useful now  2. I may not have been a Pick'Em user before, but this may turn me into one!  
#53 | 1463 days ago

SickPuppy wrote:
Geez   ... manpower ... isn't that a little sexist       that's not being very sensitive 

OMG -- I can't believe I just wrote that
haha actually, considering one of our techs is female...you have a point. She may kick my butt now.
1. I really like that I'll win something useful now  2. I may not have been a Pick'Em user before, but this may turn me into one!  
#54 | 1463 days ago
18packabs (+)

(Edited by 18packabs)
Jess wrote:
lol well...NASCAR is a whole other monster. That's not as easy to just plug in different sports/players and change the cosmetic design with essentially the same format. Just sayin
You Live in the SOUTH now Jess, Git 'er Done..........
1. Nope, nuh-uh, not even gonna try it, and you can't make me  2. I hate it  
#55 | 1463 days ago

18packabs wrote:
You Live in the SOUTH now Jess, Git 'er Done..........
Ed...ya know I love ya...but if it was up to ME what new sport is up next after NFL, I think you know what sport that would be.



(*pssst....it wouldn't be NASCAR)
1. I really like that I'll win something useful now  2. I may not have been a Pick'Em user before, but this may turn me into one!  
#56 | 1463 days ago
cubsgirl2 (+)

Jess wrote:
Ed...ya know I love ya...but if it was up to ME what new sport is up next after NFL, I think you know what sport that would be.



(*pssst....it wouldn't be NASCAR)
 Baseball right!   
#57 | 1463 days ago

cubsgirl2 wrote:
 Baseball right!   
Baseball is already working.
1. I really like that I'll win something useful now  2. I like the option of being able to pick a bunch of games against the house quickly  
#58 | 1463 days ago
cubsgirl2 (+)

Joe_L wrote:
Baseball is already working.
 Yes Joe I know this I was being silly. 

Trying to get Jess to say baseball was her second favorite. 
#59 | 1463 days ago
18packabs (+)

Jess wrote:
Ed...ya know I love ya...but if it was up to ME what new sport is up next after NFL, I think you know what sport that would be.



(*pssst....it wouldn't be NASCAR)
Oh I know, and I am good with that too.
1. Nope, nuh-uh, not even gonna try it, and you can't make me  2. I hate it  
#60 | 1463 days ago

Jess wrote:
Ed...ya know I love ya...but if it was up to ME what new sport is up next after NFL, I think you know what sport that would be.



(*pssst....it wouldn't be NASCAR)
HOCKEY!
1. Other  2. I like the option of being able to pick a bunch of games against the house quickly  
#61 | 1463 days ago

kteacher wrote:
HOCKEY!
Teacher wins Sports questions for 200, Jess!



*at least I think, otherwise this makes me look like an a@@*
1. I really like that I'll win something useful now  2. I like the option of being able to pick a bunch of games against the house quickly  
#62 | 1463 days ago

Jess wrote:
I wish we were going to have Quick Fantasy for football this season too, but I'll try to explain it as best I can....

Back at the beginning of the baseball season, Quick Fantasy was redesigned, rewritten to make it easier and less confusing for our casual users. When it was rewritten, there were certain sports that were not in season and could not be properly tested with the new design, so they lost out. NFL was one of those sports.

Basically, with as few people that we have on staff (6, two of which are strictly technicians) we have extremely limited resources. We decided to focus on perfecting the most widely popular of our features, which happened to be Playbook and Pick'Em. As soon as we get Sports Bar as close to the way we want it, we'll take Quick Fantasy off the shelf and get that up and running, not only for the NFL again, but for some other sports as well. Unfortunately, we just didn't have the manpower to do it before the NFL season this year.
Ok, I can certainly understand now why it can't work this year. Thank ya Jess for explaining.
1. It's a change, but I'll get used to it  2. Other  
#63 | 1463 days ago

Drummer99 wrote:
Ok, I can certainly understand now why it can't work this year. Thank ya Jess for explaining.
You're very welcome - and I am truly sorry to everyone that we don't have it right now. I honestly wish we did too
1. I really like that I'll win something useful now  2. I may not have been a Pick'Em user before, but this may turn me into one!  
#64 | 1463 days ago

LOL Of COURSE hockey  

I think we all understand about the staff issues, many of us have worked in a short staff environment.  I still say you guys are rocking this.  And I know "the girl techy"  is one of the smartest cookies around, so if there is any way to get FF back, you guys will do it. 
1. I like it - as long as I have a quick way to pick game winners, I'm happy  2. I may not have been a Pick'Em user before, but this may turn me into one!  
#65 | 1463 days ago

Debi_L wrote:
LOL Of COURSE hockey  

I think we all understand about the staff issues, many of us have worked in a short staff environment.  I still say you guys are rocking this.  And I know "the girl techy"  is one of the smartest cookies around, so if there is any way to get FF back, you guys will do it. 
Awww shucks.
#66 | 1463 days ago

cubsgirl2 wrote:
 Yes Joe I know this I was being silly. 

Trying to get Jess to say baseball was her second favorite. 
Now there's breaking news
1. I'll try it out and let you know what I decide  2. Other  
#67 | 1462 days ago

Jess wrote:
OK I have the answer to the "Predict the Score" bet question for payouts:

Basically, it's set up to payoff based on the final total score of the game multiplied by (x) your bet amount (10). The idea is that the higher the score, the harder it's going to be to predict. For example, if you predicted an MLB score of 5-2 and you got it right, you'd win 70 QBucks ([5 + 2 = 7] x 10 = 70). If you predicted an NBA score of 135-145, you'd get 10 x (135+145) = 2800.
I need to clarify something real quick.

Predict the Score - if you predict correctly, you can never win fewer than Q100.
For soccer, baseball, and hockey games, it's pretty common that the total score would be < 10. So my description above was inaccurate.

Basically if you predict the score correctly for a game in which the total score is less than or equal to 10, you receive 100 Q Bucks.
If you predict the score correctly for a game in which the total score is greater than 10, you receive 10x(the final score) - just as I explained above. :)

So -
Total Score = 0 to 10
You predict correctly
You win Q100

Total score = 11 or higher
You predict correctly
You win Q(10 x total score)
1. I really like that I'll win something useful now  2. I may not have been a Pick'Em user before, but this may turn me into one!  
#68 | 1461 days ago

Jess wrote:
I need to clarify something real quick.

Predict the Score - if you predict correctly, you can never win fewer than Q100.
For soccer, baseball, and hockey games, it's pretty common that the total score would be < 10. So my description above was inaccurate.

Basically if you predict the score correctly for a game in which the total score is less than or equal to 10, you receive 100 Q Bucks.
If you predict the score correctly for a game in which the total score is greater than 10, you receive 10x(the final score) - just as I explained above. :)

So -
Total Score = 0 to 10
You predict correctly
You win Q100

Total score = 11 or higher
You predict correctly
You win Q(10 x total score)
Hot damn!! That's better than pickems ever was!
1. I like it - as long as I have a quick way to pick game winners, I'm happy  2. I may not have been a Pick'Em user before, but this may turn me into one!  
#69 | 1461 days ago

1. I like it - as long as I have a quick way to pick game winners, I'm happy  2. I like the option of being able to pick a bunch of games against the house quickly  
#70 | 1461 days ago

kobe_lova wrote:

Whassa Matta? No likey?
1. I really like that I'll win something useful now  2. I may not have been a Pick'Em user before, but this may turn me into one!  
#71 | 1461 days ago

Jess wrote:
Whassa Matta? No likey?
oh no. this was just a lot for one of the least significant changes in the last few months.
1. I like it - as long as I have a quick way to pick game winners, I'm happy  2. I like the option of being able to pick a bunch of games against the house quickly  
#72 | 1461 days ago

kobe_lova wrote:
oh no. this was just a lot for one of the least significant changes in the last few months.
Tried to give ya a respect, but once again I've used up my daily Kobe_5 allowed.

Yea, it caused some confusion didn't it.
1. I really like that I'll win something useful now  2. I may not have been a Pick'Em user before, but this may turn me into one!  
#73 | 1461 days ago

Jess wrote:
Tried to give ya a respect, but once again I've used up my daily Kobe_5 allowed.

Yea, it caused some confusion didn't it.
1. I like it - as long as I have a quick way to pick game winners, I'm happy  2. I like the option of being able to pick a bunch of games against the house quickly  
#74 | 1459 days ago
huskerfan_ia (+)

kobe_lova wrote:
oh no. this was just a lot for one of the least significant changes in the last few months.
Least significant? 


This change is awesome.  Especially considering NCAA Basketball season will be hear soon. 

This change is
#75 | 1459 days ago

huskerfan_ia wrote:
Least significant? 


This change is awesome.  Especially considering NCAA Basketball season will be hear soon. 

This change is
whatever..you know what I mean. Least dramatic, maybe? I dont wanna figure it out, shut it Scott.
1. I like it - as long as I have a quick way to pick game winners, I'm happy  2. I like the option of being able to pick a bunch of games against the house quickly  
#76 | 1459 days ago
huskerfan_ia (+)

kobe_lova wrote:
whatever..you know what I mean. Least dramatic, maybe? I dont wanna figure it out, shut it Scott.
#77 | 1459 days ago
BDV4U (+)

Is there a choice for Motherf***ing, G**Damn, $#!+/F***/Damn HATE IT? I like it the old way. The new way is a pain in the @$$! I'd love to do a Carrie Nation and take an axe to this f'ing Sports Bar crap!

All these stupid changes for the worse is leaving me thisclose to closing my account and saying FU to this place!

Is that enough input?
1. Nope, nuh-uh, not even gonna try it, and you can't make me  2. I'm a Pick'Em regular - see my answer above  
#78 | 1459 days ago

BDV4U wrote:
Is there a choice for Motherf***ing, G**Damn, $#!+/F***/Damn HATE IT? I like it the old way. The new way is a pain in the @$$! I'd love to do a Carrie Nation and take an axe to this f'ing Sports Bar crap!

All these stupid changes for the worse is leaving me thisclose to closing my account and saying FU to this place!

Is that enough input?
is everything okay?



LOL
1. I like it - as long as I have a quick way to pick game winners, I'm happy  2. I like the option of being able to pick a bunch of games against the house quickly  
#79 | 1459 days ago
huskerfan_ia (+)

kobe_lova wrote:
is everything okay?



LOL
I'm thinking he's not too thrilled about the changes.  Hard to tell though, you kind of have to read between the lines.
#80 | 1459 days ago

BDV4U wrote:
Is there a choice for Motherf***ing, G**Damn, $#!+/F***/Damn HATE IT? I like it the old way. The new way is a pain in the @$$! I'd love to do a Carrie Nation and take an axe to this f'ing Sports Bar crap!

All these stupid changes for the worse is leaving me thisclose to closing my account and saying FU to this place!

Is that enough input?
I'm sorry you preferred the old Pick'Em feature over the quick picks in Sports Bar.

To answer your question - while I understand the need to vent when upset, constructive input is always more helpful where new features are concerned. We do listen to our users and we take suggestions seriously. That said, is there something that Pick'Em had that you really liked, that didn't make the transition to Sports Bar quick picks?
1. I really like that I'll win something useful now  2. I may not have been a Pick'Em user before, but this may turn me into one!  
#81 | 1459 days ago

What are the chances of expanding the soccer pick em's to include additional european leagues?  that is all
#82 | 1459 days ago

The_Real_Stoney wrote:
What are the chances of expanding the soccer pick em's to include additional european leagues?  that is all
Chances are high. We're working on it
1. I really like that I'll win something useful now  2. I may not have been a Pick'Em user before, but this may turn me into one!  
#83 | 1459 days ago

Jess wrote:
Chances are high. We're working on it
Good answer
#84 | 1459 days ago
BDV4U (+)

Jess wrote:
I'm sorry you preferred the old Pick'Em feature over the quick picks in Sports Bar.

To answer your question - while I understand the need to vent when upset, constructive input is always more helpful where new features are concerned. We do listen to our users and we take suggestions seriously. That said, is there something that Pick'Em had that you really liked, that didn't make the transition to Sports Bar quick picks?
I liked being able to just make my picks for the day and move on. This way I have boxes flying out at me from all directions on stuff I don't want. If I want to bet the score or pick the over/under, then let ME have that option. I liked picking baseball for the entire week, just in case I got busy and couldn't do it later. Now, I only get 2 days, with the flying monkeys! For those games that I went into the side door and "skipped" the score & O/U, they pop up with just the pick and no flying monkeys. Why can't they all be like that?
1. Nope, nuh-uh, not even gonna try it, and you can't make me  2. I'm a Pick'Em regular - see my answer above  
#85 | 1459 days ago
BDV4U (+)

Jess wrote:
Chances are high. We're working on it
Personally, I would put minor league hockey on the list, but that's just me.
1. Nope, nuh-uh, not even gonna try it, and you can't make me  2. I'm a Pick'Em regular - see my answer above  
#86 | 1458 days ago

Jess wrote:
I'm sorry you preferred the old Pick'Em feature over the quick picks in Sports Bar.

To answer your question - while I understand the need to vent when upset, constructive input is always more helpful where new features are concerned. We do listen to our users and we take suggestions seriously. That said, is there something that Pick'Em had that you really liked, that didn't make the transition to Sports Bar quick picks?
I still miss the old way... it was kinda nice to make all the picks without worrying about all these so-called bets.   It was easy to type in the score and you could even go back and change it, but now, since everything is tied to some kind of bet, once you pick a score, that's it.

The new setup is ok, but there are a lot of games I simply skip because I have to "check-in" to see who is actually pitching... you can get that info now, but have to "check-in" to that particular game.   Even with the new rapid-fire picks, I still think it was a lot faster to make picks and enter scores with the old setup.   At least for baseball, it is hard to predict a score without knowing the starting pitchers.

I have given the new setup a try and although I may be in the minority, I thought the old "Pick'Ems" was actually better, at least for baseball.   I don't actually mind the new setup for football and I am sure it will be fine for basketball, but the Rapid-Pickes thing is a little bit difficult for baseball.
#87 | 1458 days ago

What???? 

Where did this double-post come from???    Bad user!!!

Oh, while I am here - I also miss these things - I am not sure they are available in the Sports Bars:

            

Bring these little guys back!!!  

Post a Comment   Already a user? Sign in here
Join FanIQ - It's Free
FanIQ is the ultimate free community for sports fans.
Talk sports with fans from all over - 1,649,417+ Comments
Track your game picks - 38,670,182,382+ Sports Predictions
Prove you know sports - 116,275+ Trivia Questions
Find fans of your teams - 11,453,110+ New Friends
Favorite Teams?
Asked by OneStepBeyond | Locker Room, FanIQ | 1 questions asked 02/12/13
23 opinions | 26 comments | Last by ML31
Awards Night at the Q
Asked by rockysnappyduke | Locker Room, FanIQ | 6 questions asked 05/09/13
186 opinions | 15 comments | Last by Burrellfan1
HOF or Not?
Asked by Tiger_Pride2 | Locker Room, FanIQ | 1 questions asked 02/07/13
17 opinions | 18 comments | Last by Burrellfan1
Sideline Food
Asked by ohwell_ | Locker Room, FanIQ | 1 questions asked 09/02/14
9 opinions | 11 comments | Last by Burrellfan1
7-28 FanIQ Summertime Poll in Review
Asked by hclcdestin | Locker Room, FanIQ | 5 questions asked 07/28/14
45 opinions | 6 comments | Last by Lobotomy Jones