Skip to Next Poll »
12
its that time of year(almost)
ok fellow iquers baseball season is just around the corner and wonder if you are looking forward to it .I cant wait to watch the atlanta braves cheer thier wins and not be happy when they lose ,so tell me iquers whose your favorite team and how do you think they will do name some favorite players of yours
| Closed on 02/13/11 at 05:00PM
FanIQ Pts? No | Locker Room, Miscellaneous | Multiple Choice Opinion Poll
32 Fans 
47%a. this team
9%b. that team
16%c. does the cubs count as a team
16%d. is baseball a real sport
13%e. other

 &nbp;
TOP COMMENT * * * * * * * * * * * *
#4 | 1309 days ago

(Edited by marcus_nyce)
1. EXPOS
2. Baseball is dead to me, literally and figuratively.
3. Warren Cromartie (I wore #49 too!)

Random Awesomeness:
Ticket - $18.00 (WTF? No seriously, 200 level, 27 rows up from field...)
Program - $3.50
Hot dog - .75 cents
Coke - .99 cents
Watching Jerry White* hit a 2-out 3-run dinger in bottom of 6th during '81 NLCS.
Priceless


Edited out Hall of Famer "Jerry Rice." Nice catch homie. (see what i did there?) LOL
other  
  
57 Comments | Sorted by Most Recent First | Red = You Disagreed
Vote for your favorite comments. Fans decide the Top Comment (3+ votes) and also hide poor quality comments (4+ votes).
#1 | 1309 days ago

The Braves are my team also but i watch very little baseball.  Just a couple or so more weeks until the engines  roar in Daytona.  Looking for NASCAR here. 
this team   
#2 | 1309 days ago

Astros glitter1. astros
 
2. sh!tty

3. michael bourn, chris johnson

#3 | 1309 days ago
ChristiSunshine (+)

I don't even speculate about the Cubs any more.  That way I can be pleasantly surprised if they have a great season.
does the cubs count as a team  
#4 | 1309 days ago

(Edited by marcus_nyce)
1. EXPOS
2. Baseball is dead to me, literally and figuratively.
3. Warren Cromartie (I wore #49 too!)

Random Awesomeness:
Ticket - $18.00 (WTF? No seriously, 200 level, 27 rows up from field...)
Program - $3.50
Hot dog - .75 cents
Coke - .99 cents
Watching Jerry White* hit a 2-out 3-run dinger in bottom of 6th during '81 NLCS.
Priceless


Edited out Hall of Famer "Jerry Rice." Nice catch homie. (see what i did there?) LOL
other  
#5 | 1309 days ago

I think we all know who my team is...but in case you all forgot.....



Buster Posey
Tim Lincecum
Brian "The Beard" Wilson
Aubrey Huff
Andres Torres
Cody Ross
Freddy Sanchez
Pablo Sandoval
Pat Burrell
Matt Cain
Jonathan Sanchez
Madison Bumgarner
Jeremy Affeldt
Aaron Rowand
Nate Shierholtz
Travis Ishikawa
Sergio Romo
Ramon Ramirez


to name a few
this team   
#6 | 1309 days ago

I'd much rather play baseball than watch it. The only time I really get into watching it is during the playoffs.
is baseball a real sport  
#7 | 1309 days ago

1. Diamondbacks

2. Worst team in the league - my prediction

3. Brandon Webb was my favorite player but now he's with the Rangers. I wish him luck on a serious contender for a change.
    Now I would have to say Chris Young from my team. I also like some of the greats, likes Utley, Lincecum, and Pujols.
   
#8 | 1309 days ago

1.) Red Sox
2.) They have little to no excuse for not having a great year.
3.) Josh Beckett, Jon Lester, Kevin Youkilis. I can't wait to see Adrian Gonzalez and some of the others. I'll miss Adrian Beltre.
this team   
#9 | 1309 days ago

1. White Sox
2. They have a good shot at winning the division
3. Paul Konerko, A.J. Pierzynski, Mark Buerhle,
that team  
#10 | 1309 days ago

Michael_G wrote:
I think we all know who my team is...but in case you all forgot.....



Buster Posey
Tim Lincecum
Brian "The Beard" Wilson
Aubrey Huff
Andres Torres
Cody Ross
Freddy Sanchez
Pablo Sandoval
Pat Burrell
Matt Cain
Jonathan Sanchez
Madison Bumgarner
Jeremy Affeldt
Aaron Rowand
Nate Shierholtz
Travis Ishikawa
Sergio Romo
Ramon Ramirez


to name a few


                                                               Preview for next season.   
#11 | 1309 days ago

1. Orioles
2. Bad
3. A lot of young players who tore up the minors who haven't taken it to the next level yet. And Nick Markakis.
this team   
#12 | 1309 days ago

Oddfool wrote:


                                                               Preview for next season.   
yeah....but no
this team   
#13 | 1309 days ago

1.  DODGERS
2. WHo knows! Freak'n McCourt's-----I want to punch him.......and her.
3. Hottie Matt Kemp, Cutie Pie Andre Ethier, Kershaw....
other  
#14 | 1309 days ago
18packabs (+)

Wake me up for the playoffs.....
other  
#15 | 1309 days ago

1. Detroit Tigers
2. Playoffs baby!! The twins and white sox are going to be looking up at the Tigers Butthole all season cause they will be behind them!!! Woot Woot I love Baseball!!!!
3. Miguel Cabrera, Justin Verlander, Victor Martinez, Jose Valverde, Joel Zumaya (Mr. Guitar Hero himself)
that team  
#16 | 1309 days ago

CUBS RULE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i think they will be the surprise team this year,good starting pitchung, great relief pitching and if the offense comes around, im guessing a PRETTY DAMN GOOD YEAR
aramis ramirez,geovany soto,starling castro,matt garza, carlos zambrano,kerry wood.............

#17 | 1309 days ago

1. Mariners
 
2. ugggghhhhhh

3. King Felix
Ichiro
Ken Griffey Jr.
Cliff Lee (For a Short While I Guess)
Michael Pineda
                                         
this team   
#18 | 1309 days ago
ferrinhite (+)

marcus_nyce wrote:
1. EXPOS
2. Baseball is dead to me, literally and figuratively.
3. Warren Cromartie (I wore #49 too!)

Random Awesomeness:
Ticket - $18.00 (WTF? No seriously, 200 level, 27 rows up from field...)
Program - $3.50
Hot dog - .75 cents
Coke - .99 cents
Watching Jerry White* hit a 2-out 3-run dinger in bottom of 6th during '81 NLCS.
Priceless


Edited out Hall of Famer "Jerry Rice." Nice catch homie. (see what i did there?) LOL
Jerry White, you mean.
(Btw, I was once in a Jerry White fan club -- long story. We called ourselves 'Jerry's Kids')
#19 | 1309 days ago

(Edited by torontolui)
marcus_nyce wrote:
1. EXPOS
2. Baseball is dead to me, literally and figuratively.
3. Warren Cromartie (I wore #49 too!)

Random Awesomeness:
Ticket - $18.00 (WTF? No seriously, 200 level, 27 rows up from field...)
Program - $3.50
Hot dog - .75 cents
Coke - .99 cents
Watching Jerry White* hit a 2-out 3-run dinger in bottom of 6th during '81 NLCS.
Priceless


Edited out Hall of Famer "Jerry Rice." Nice catch homie. (see what i did there?) LOL
marcus come to the "blue jay side"

1. jays

2.4th possibly 3rd in toughest division in baseball

3. congratulations to robbie alomar who will be enshrined in the baseball hall of fame this summer as a blue jay


embarrasing picture alert   1992  ( 18 years ago so eye glasses have gotten smaller
me and the 1992 world series trophy  - didn't get one with the 1993 the jays won
#20 | 1309 days ago

ferrinhite wrote:
Jerry White, you mean.
(Btw, I was once in a Jerry White fan club -- long story. We called ourselves 'Jerry's Kids')
 Yeah White , WTF was i thinking about? Football always on my mind. LMAO
other  
#21 | 1309 days ago

 1. Indians
2. They'll trade away the little talent they have and will suck again
3. Albert Belle(all time fav)  Sizemore and Sin so choo.  

4. I want to knock the sh*t outta the new owner, Dick Jacobs was the man,,,, 
#22 | 1309 days ago

Michael_G wrote:
I think we all know who my team is...but in case you all forgot.....



Buster Posey
Tim Lincecum
Brian "The Beard" Wilson
Aubrey Huff
Andres Torres
Cody Ross
Freddy Sanchez
Pablo Sandoval
Pat Burrell
Matt Cain
Jonathan Sanchez
Madison Bumgarner
Jeremy Affeldt
Aaron Rowand
Nate Shierholtz
Travis Ishikawa
Sergio Romo
Ramon Ramirez


to name a few
 I'd love to blaze with Lincecum...
#23 | 1309 days ago

torontolui wrote:
marcus come to the "blue jay side"

1. jays

2.4th possibly 3rd in toughest division in baseball

3. congratulations to robbie alomar who will be enshrined in the baseball hall of fame this summer as a blue jay


embarrasing picture alert   1992  ( 18 years ago so eye glasses have gotten smaller
me and the 1992 world series trophy  - didn't get one with the 1993 the jays won
Lui, you do realize that folks from La Belle Province despise everything T-dot. LOL (Although I do think The Jays are gonna be real good in a few years. Really good. Great young pitching.)


On that note... GO-HABS-GO!!
other  
#24 | 1309 days ago

1. Rockies
2. We'll see
3. From the Rockies, Tulo, Carlos Gonzalez, Ubaldo Jimenez, Seth Smith
#25 | 1309 days ago

marcus_nyce wrote:
Lui, you do realize that folks from La Belle Province despise everything T-dot. LOL (Although I do think The Jays are gonna be real good in a few years. Really good. Great young pitching.)


On that note... GO-HABS-GO!!
just la belle province don't you mean the entire country, to be honest i was rooting for the expos to get over the hump those years, 
dawson, raines , cromartie ,carter, reardon , randy johnson for a time , they had some players

congrats to dave van horne , long time expo brodcaster who is going into the hall this year
#26 | 1309 days ago

Michael_G wrote:
I think we all know who my team is...but in case you all forgot.....



Buster Posey
Tim Lincecum
Brian "The Beard" Wilson
Aubrey Huff
Andres Torres
Cody Ross
Freddy Sanchez
Pablo Sandoval
Pat Burrell
Matt Cain
Jonathan Sanchez
Madison Bumgarner
Jeremy Affeldt
Aaron Rowand
Nate Shierholtz
Travis Ishikawa
Sergio Romo
Ramon Ramirez


to name a few
 Just like a Giants fan to try to relive in the past... 
other  
#27 | 1308 days ago
Nick__ (+)

(Edited by Nick__)
I've been a CUBS fan since age 6, when my grandfather took me to my first ever baseball game and I was fortunate enough to go into the CUBS dugout and meet Ernie Banks, Don Kessinger and Billy Williams and then get a tour of the inside of the scoreboard.  Having grown up in Chicago and not too far from Wrigley Field, I've been to hundreds of games.......as I have aged, i have become, lets say, less and less optimistic about my CUBS, unless I feel really good about that particular years  off-season moves, which I don't for this year......so, I will continue to root for my CUBBIES but not as emphatically as I have in my youth (sorry CUBSGIRL) 

Some of my fave CUBS players are: 
Ryne Sandberg
Greg Maddux
Rick Sutcliffe
Lee Smith
Leon Durham
Derrick Lee
Aramis Rameriz
does the cubs count as a team  
#28 | 1308 days ago

half_baked wrote:
I'd much rather play baseball than watch it. The only time I really get into watching it is during the playoffs.
 Same here. Too slow, too long, too boring.
is baseball a real sport  
#29 | 1308 days ago

I CUBS ... fan4ever
this team   
#30 | 1308 days ago

(Edited by Miguel94)
1) Detroit Tigers

2) second-AL Central

3) Brandon Inge, Will Rhymes, Scott Sizemore, Alex Avila, and Brennan Boesch

Baseball season can't come soon enough for me. Already have tickets for Opening Day for the Whitecaps.
this team   
#31 | 1308 days ago

1.  Yankees

2.  I don't even care ... when they do shi**y, everyone likes to rub it in because they're jealous of their overall awesomeness and when they do well, everyone bitches and moans about how they're too good, salary caps, Steinbrenners, evil empire, blah blah blah.

3.  Most of my favorites are either retired now or have been traded.  *sigh*  I'm looking for a new favorite this season.  I'll have to stay tuned and let you know at a later date.  
#32 | 1308 days ago

janet011685 wrote:
1.  Yankees

2.  I don't even care ... when they do shi**y, everyone likes to rub it in because they're jealous of their overall awesomeness and when they do well, everyone bitches and moans about how they're too good, salary caps, Steinbrenners, evil empire, blah blah blah.

3.  Most of my favorites are either retired now or have been traded.  *sigh*  I'm looking for a new favorite this season.  I'll have to stay tuned and let you know at a later date.  
Who are the Yankees? You mean that has-been that couldn't land Cliff Lee 
is baseball a real sport  
#33 | 1308 days ago

Nick__ wrote:
I've been a CUBS fan since age 6, when my grandfather took me to my first ever baseball game and I was fortunate enough to go into the CUBS dugout and meet Ernie Banks, Don Kessinger and Billy Williams and then get a tour of the inside of the scoreboard.  Having grown up in Chicago and not too far from Wrigley Field, I've been to hundreds of games.......as I have aged, i have become, lets say, less and less optimistic about my CUBS, unless I feel really good about that particular years  off-season moves, which I don't for this year......so, I will continue to root for my CUBBIES but not as emphatically as I have in my youth (sorry CUBSGIRL) 

Some of my fave CUBS players are: 
Ryne Sandberg
Greg Maddux
Rick Sutcliffe
Lee Smith
Leon Durham
Derrick Lee
Aramis Rameriz
come on.....nick....some good moves this off season........I BELIEVE THEY ARE THE SURPRISE TEAM OF THE NATIONAL LEAGUE............GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CUBS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#34 | 1308 days ago

rockysnappyduke wrote:
Who are the Yankees? You mean that has-been that couldn't land Cliff Lee 
A)  Has-been?  You're dumb.
B)  You don't even follow baseball (which is odd for a sports writer).  You're dumb again.
C)  It only takes one more quality starter for the Yanks to land themselves another WS championship.  Cliff Lee would have been nice, but is far from a necessity.  Third time's a charm, got yourself a corner on the being dumb market.  

(PS - kidding, you're not dumb ... I mean, I still hate you, but you're not dumb)
#35 | 1308 days ago

torontolui wrote:
just la belle province don't you mean the entire country, to be honest i was rooting for the expos to get over the hump those years, 
dawson, raines , cromartie ,carter, reardon , randy johnson for a time , they had some players

congrats to dave van horne , long time expo brodcaster who is going into the hall this year
Yeah you're right, the whole country kinda takes shots Toronto. LOL, just keep struttin' cuz:

other  
#36 | 1308 days ago

cuddles127017 wrote:
The Braves are my team also but i watch very little baseball.  Just a couple or so more weeks until the engines  roar in Daytona.  Looking for NASCAR here. 
Cuddles !!!!    Are you the little old lady from Pasadena?     zoom  zoom  zoom
does the cubs count as a team  
#37 | 1308 days ago

Michael_G wrote:
I think we all know who my team is...but in case you all forgot.....



Buster Posey
Tim Lincecum
Brian "The Beard" Wilson
Aubrey Huff
Andres Torres
Cody Ross
Freddy Sanchez
Pablo Sandoval
Pat Burrell
Matt Cain
Jonathan Sanchez
Madison Bumgarner
Jeremy Affeldt
Aaron Rowand
Nate Shierholtz
Travis Ishikawa
Sergio Romo
Ramon Ramirez


to name a few
Mr. Clown --- who won the World Series?   The Giants didn't make it that far
does the cubs count as a team  
#38 | 1307 days ago
cubsgirl2 (+)

 Well I guess we ALL know who my team is. I am so ready for the Cubs to take the field and to hear the ump yell play ball!!!!!  And favorite players. 

 Ernie Banks
Ron Santo (  we miss you)
Joe peppotone
Ryno
And the great and often misunderstood greatest pitcher ever Carlos Zambrano.


Do not even mess with me on this one.


this team   
#39 | 1307 days ago
cubsgirl2 (+)

Nick__ wrote:
I've been a CUBS fan since age 6, when my grandfather took me to my first ever baseball game and I was fortunate enough to go into the CUBS dugout and meet Ernie Banks, Don Kessinger and Billy Williams and then get a tour of the inside of the scoreboard.  Having grown up in Chicago and not too far from Wrigley Field, I've been to hundreds of games.......as I have aged, i have become, lets say, less and less optimistic about my CUBS, unless I feel really good about that particular years  off-season moves, which I don't for this year......so, I will continue to root for my CUBBIES but not as emphatically as I have in my youth (sorry CUBSGIRL) 

Some of my fave CUBS players are: 
Ryne Sandberg
Greg Maddux
Rick Sutcliffe
Lee Smith
Leon Durham
Derrick Lee
Aramis Rameriz




You must believe. When we don't no longer believe that's when we won't win.  
this team   
#40 | 1307 days ago
cubsgirl2 (+)

 Ok guys all kidding aside. This is the year of the Cubs. So get ready the trophy is coming to Wrigley. 
this team   
#41 | 1307 days ago

cubsgirl2 wrote:
 Ok guys all kidding aside. This is the year of the Cubs. So get ready the trophy is coming to Wrigley. 
What are they going to let the Cubs Look at what they didn't win again
does the cubs count as a team  
#42 | 1307 days ago
cubsgirl2 (+)

maddhatter6691 wrote:
What are they going to let the Cubs Look at what they didn't win again
 HA!!!!    You will be saying Glenda my gosh you were so right.   Of course I will be dead because the heart attack I will have when they do. But thats ok I will forgive you and only haunt you a little bit. 
this team   
#43 | 1307 days ago

cubsgirl2 wrote:
 HA!!!!    You will be saying Glenda my gosh you were so right.   Of course I will be dead because the heart attack I will have when they do. But thats ok I will forgive you and only haunt you a little bit. 
Have faith my Oakland A's suck also, I do miss watching the Cubs games when I was a kid and we had WGN

As long as you just haunt me for a little bit it's all good


does the cubs count as a team  
#44 | 1307 days ago

(Edited by phillysportchik)
Going to Phillies games as a kid with my Dad were a big deal. Tug McGraw and Mike Schmidt were my faves back then.

Ok, so I've just dated myself big time, but who cares. Phillies Phanatic for Life! 
this team   
#45 | 1307 days ago

Brewers.  they suck
this team   
#46 | 1307 days ago
Nick__ (+)

cubsgirl2 wrote:




You must believe. When we don't no longer believe that's when we won't win.  
I gave up believing in FAIRY TALES a long time ago!  (hahaha)

Just Kidding........just not feeling it for this year....the pick ups we did, don't excite me, but, anything is possible.

Just because I'm not feeling optimistic, doesn't mean I won't be pulling for the cubs.........I'd rather have them under promise and over deliver......so, I'm under estimating so that I might be overly excited???  
does the cubs count as a team  
#47 | 1306 days ago

There are teams besides The Braves? wow...who knew?
is baseball a real sport  
#48 | 1306 days ago
cubsgirl2 (+)

Nick__ wrote:
I gave up believing in FAIRY TALES a long time ago!  (hahaha)

Just Kidding........just not feeling it for this year....the pick ups we did, don't excite me, but, anything is possible.

Just because I'm not feeling optimistic, doesn't mean I won't be pulling for the cubs.........I'd rather have them under promise and over deliver......so, I'm under estimating so that I might be overly excited???  
 See and i'm all excited. Kerry is back, Zambrano will be the best pitcher in the league this year. And I am especially excited to see what Quade is going to do. So I have enough excitement for the both of us. 
this team   
#49 | 1306 days ago

Hell yes I'm looking forward to it, it's only the greatest game (to play) EVAR!!
I'm not looking forward to another Pirates losing season, after 17 of them I should be use to them by now. UGH!
this team   
#50 | 1306 days ago

kobe_lova wrote:
There are teams besides The Braves? wow...who knew?
this team   
#51 | 1306 days ago

The Cubs highlight of the season will be turning Miller Park into Wrigley Field North.....yet again! 
#52 | 1306 days ago

Joe_L wrote:
greatest ever? stop it. my kid is NOT doing that. maybe she can do archery or something. (I'm just playing about the archery, dont start yelling)
is baseball a real sport  
#53 | 1306 days ago

(Edited by Joe_L)
kobe_lova wrote:
greatest ever? stop it. my kid is NOT doing that. maybe she can do archery or something. (I'm just playing about the archery, dont start yelling)
she will choose on her own.

yes the greatest ever, to play!
this team   
#54 | 1306 days ago

1.  The Florida (Miami) Marlins------Charlie Sheen of baseball    Miami has really great bars.


2. Love the Red Sox, but it's location. location. location.    Takes too long to get to Tampa to see them regular season.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70I4xRbsT4Q                John Fogarty, Center field
this team   
#55 | 1305 days ago

janet011685 wrote:
A)  Has-been?  You're dumb.
B)  You don't even follow baseball (which is odd for a sports writer).  You're dumb again.
C)  It only takes one more quality starter for the Yanks to land themselves another WS championship.  Cliff Lee would have been nice, but is far from a necessity.  Third time's a charm, got yourself a corner on the being dumb market.  

(PS - kidding, you're not dumb ... I mean, I still hate you, but you're not dumb)
A)Were you even alive when they last bought themselves a ring?
B)What is it that you like about baseball? I kind of like Opening Day and the playoffs, but get bored inbetween.
C)I'm pretty sure that Lee wanted to be anywhere besides in the same division as the now-loaded Red Sox (I think Vegas has your has-beens favored to win the Wild Card spot).

P.S. I think you're funny as hell and have much love for you, but hate it when you keep writing "gay" and "homo." I don't get that.


is baseball a real sport  
#56 | 1305 days ago

Joe_L wrote:
she will choose on her own.

yes the greatest ever, to play!
maybe, but that won't even be an option...
is baseball a real sport  
#57 | 1297 days ago

File:NewYorkYankees PrimaryLogo.svg
this team   

Post a Comment   Already a user? Sign in here
Join FanIQ - It's Free
FanIQ is the ultimate free community for sports fans.
Talk sports with fans from all over - 1,649,417+ Comments
Track your game picks - 38,670,182,382+ Sports Predictions
Prove you know sports - 116,275+ Trivia Questions
Find fans of your teams - 11,453,110+ New Friends
30 DAY DRAWING CHALLENGE DAY 25
Asked by ms_hippie_queen | Locker Room, Miscellaneous | 1 questions asked 08/19/13
6 opinions | 3 comments | Last by woody050681
Go ahead make my day
Asked by 18packabs | Locker Room, Miscellaneous | 1 questions asked 05/08/12
29 opinions | 46 comments | Last by KSbengals99
When Crap Goes Wrong!!
Asked by BamaMan | Locker Room, Miscellaneous | 1 questions asked 07/25/12
20 opinions | 19 comments | Last by KSbengals99
Neighbors,Neighbors,Neighbors
Asked by CAPTAINSEAFOOD | Locker Room, Miscellaneous | 1 questions asked 05/14/12
24 opinions | 28 comments | Last by KSbengals99
Joke of the day 12/15
Asked by huskerdoug2009 | Locker Room, Miscellaneous | 1 questions asked 12/15/12
12 opinions | 5 comments | Last by KSbengals99