Skip to Next Poll »
5
Who is your Major League Baseball Mount Rushmore?
I did this poll a few years ago, but encompassed all sports in that poll.  Today I want to know who your 4 greatest personalities in baseball are.  Players, coaches, anyone associated with the sport.  If we were to build a Mount Rushmore to baseball..  Which four figures would we carve into that mountain?  I will not sway anyone with choices, choose other and name them in the comments..
| Closed on 04/07/13 at 05:00PM
FanIQ Pts? No | MLB | Opinion List
Team Breakout:
Rank19 FansAvg (1st)
1.other3.6 (16)
2.other3.0 (1)
3.other2.2 (2)
4.other1.2

  
111 Comments | Sorted by Most Recent First | Red = You Disagreed
Vote for your favorite comments. Fans decide the Top Comment (3+ votes) and also hide poor quality comments (4+ votes).
#1 | 1292 days ago

1.  Babe Ruth
2.  Jackie Robinson
3.  Ty Cobb
4.  Hank Aaron

These are my choices..  Just my opinion..  Who do you think should go here?

Ruth meant more to the sport than just about anybody.
Jackie Robinson not only changed baseball, but had a big hand in changing racial attitudes in america.
Cobb was baseball before Ruth.  He set the standard.
Hank Aaron was maybe the best all around player to ever play the game, and he did it with class..  And as far as I'm concerned he is still the all time home run king..
1. other  2. other  3. other  4. other  
#2 | 1292 days ago

JKB37 wrote:
1.  Babe Ruth
2.  Jackie Robinson
3.  Ty Cobb
4.  Hank Aaron

These are my choices..  Just my opinion..  Who do you think should go here?

Ruth meant more to the sport than just about anybody.
Jackie Robinson not only changed baseball, but had a big hand in changing racial attitudes in america.
Cobb was baseball before Ruth.  He set the standard.
Hank Aaron was maybe the best all around player to ever play the game, and he did it with class..  And as far as I'm concerned he is still the all time home run king..
They all sound just about right in my book too!  It's the backbone to sport.
#3 | 1292 days ago

1.) Babe Ruth
2.) Jackie Robinson
3.) Ty Cobb
4.) Cy Young
1. other  2. other  3. other  4. other  
#4 | 1292 days ago

I can see everyone having the same four, so I'm going in a different direction:

1. Ozzie smith
2. Roberto clemente
3. Craig biggio
4. Roy hobbs
#5 | 1292 days ago

 Barry Bonds
Mark McGuire
Jose Canseco
Roger Clemens
1. other  2. other  3. other  4. other  
#6 | 1292 days ago

Lobotomy Jones wrote:
 Barry Bonds
Mark McGuire
Jose Canseco
Roger Clemens
Juan Gonzales
Rafael Palmeiro
Sammy Sosa
Miguel Tejada
Jason Giambi
Alex Rodriguez...

... And the list goes on!!

I like your take!
1. other  2. other  3. other  4. other  
#7 | 1292 days ago

1. Babe Ruth
2. Willie Mays
3. Mickey Mantle
4. Shoeless Joe
1. other  2. other  3. other  4. other  
#8 | 1292 days ago

Aaron
McGuire
Clemons
that red head that played for the dodgers i think, Orel herschel? ...im really not sure
1. other  2. other  3. other  4. other  
#9 | 1292 days ago

SAMMY SOSA...................helped bring baseball back.....forget the roids............EVERYONE enjoyed the homerun race with MCGWIRE
HANK AARON........REAL homerun champ
PETE ROSE.........ALL TIME hits leader......record will never be broken
CAL RIPKEN JR. ......the IRON MAN.........NO ONE plays that many games  without a break

#10 | 1292 days ago

Babe Ruth
Willie Mays
Cy Young
Greg Maddux
#11 | 1292 days ago

This is REALLY hard.  There are about 10 or 12 (probably more) players that one could argue belong.  So...

Here are mine.

Babe Ruth.
Cy Young.
Willie Mays
Ted Williams
#12 | 1292 days ago

ML31 wrote:
This is REALLY hard.  There are about 10 or 12 (probably more) players that one could argue belong.  So...

Here are mine.

Babe Ruth.
Cy Young.
Willie Mays
Ted Williams
I absolutely agree..
1. other  2. other  3. other  4. other  
#13 | 1291 days ago

1. Babe Ruth
2. Ty Cobb
3. Willie Mays
4. Nolan Ryan

1. other  2. other  3. other  4. other  
#14 | 1291 days ago

1) Babe Ruth
2) Branch Rickey
3) Hank Aaron
4) Eddie Gaedel

Ruth was the greatest star of all-time, not the best player, but the biggest star baseball has ever had. Players are still measured by him.

Branch Rickey is the REAL person that broke the color barrier in MLB, NOT Jackie Robinson. Rickey is the one that brought Robinson into the majors. Giving Robinson credit for breaking the color barrier is like giving the credit to the paint brushes that DiVinci used. Robinson was the intrument that Rickey used to break the color barrier.

Aaron was ( and still is) the home run king! He never had to use drugs to hit the ball farther. He played in an era that didn't have the "watered down" piching staffs of today and played most of his career at 185 pounds.

And Gaedel reminds us that baseball is just a game and is suposse to be fun!
And if you don't know who Eddie Gaedel was ...... look him up!
#15 | 1291 days ago

Flip62 wrote:
1) Babe Ruth
2) Branch Rickey
3) Hank Aaron
4) Eddie Gaedel

Ruth was the greatest star of all-time, not the best player, but the biggest star baseball has ever had. Players are still measured by him.

Branch Rickey is the REAL person that broke the color barrier in MLB, NOT Jackie Robinson. Rickey is the one that brought Robinson into the majors. Giving Robinson credit for breaking the color barrier is like giving the credit to the paint brushes that DiVinci used. Robinson was the intrument that Rickey used to break the color barrier.

Aaron was ( and still is) the home run king! He never had to use drugs to hit the ball farther. He played in an era that didn't have the "watered down" piching staffs of today and played most of his career at 185 pounds.

And Gaedel reminds us that baseball is just a game and is suposse to be fun!
And if you don't know who Eddie Gaedel was ...... look him up!
You also must know that Rickey was not motivated by any kind of social injustice.  The Dodgers sucked and he saw a pool of untapped talent.  That is all.  Further, John McGraw maintained a list of players in the negro leagues he wanted the Giants to sign should the unofficial "ban" ever be lifted. 

Your argument also precludes you from using Gaedel as the face on the mountain.  It should be Bill Veeck who came up with the stunt to begin with.  Among countless other baseball stunts.

Every era has different circumstances.  Aaron played in an era when players took drugs to stay alert and sharp during games.  That is every bit as performance enhancing as anything else.  While he played in an era of less major league teams, he also had the luxury of facing the same pitcher 4 or 5 or even 6 times a game.  Today's players are lucky to see the same pitcher more than twice a game.  Today's players have to face a plethora of specialty pitchers.  Something that didn't happen in Aaron's day.  By your reasoning neither Aaron nor Ruth is the "real" home run king.  That belongs to Roger Connor.  So please stay off that slippery slope of the "real" home run king. 
#16 | 1291 days ago

Flip62 wrote:
1) Babe Ruth
2) Branch Rickey
3) Hank Aaron
4) Eddie Gaedel

Ruth was the greatest star of all-time, not the best player, but the biggest star baseball has ever had. Players are still measured by him.

Branch Rickey is the REAL person that broke the color barrier in MLB, NOT Jackie Robinson. Rickey is the one that brought Robinson into the majors. Giving Robinson credit for breaking the color barrier is like giving the credit to the paint brushes that DiVinci used. Robinson was the intrument that Rickey used to break the color barrier.

Aaron was ( and still is) the home run king! He never had to use drugs to hit the ball farther. He played in an era that didn't have the "watered down" piching staffs of today and played most of his career at 185 pounds.

And Gaedel reminds us that baseball is just a game and is suposse to be fun!
And if you don't know who Eddie Gaedel was ...... look him up!
Well done... I think I need to visit Cooperstown now.
1. other  2. other  3. other  4. other  
#17 | 1291 days ago

1. Babe Ruth
2. Lou Gerhig
3.Ted Williams
4. Hank Aaron
#18 | 1290 days ago

ML31 wrote:
You also must know that Rickey was not motivated by any kind of social injustice.  The Dodgers sucked and he saw a pool of untapped talent.  That is all.  Further, John McGraw maintained a list of players in the negro leagues he wanted the Giants to sign should the unofficial "ban" ever be lifted. 

Your argument also precludes you from using Gaedel as the face on the mountain.  It should be Bill Veeck who came up with the stunt to begin with.  Among countless other baseball stunts.

Every era has different circumstances.  Aaron played in an era when players took drugs to stay alert and sharp during games.  That is every bit as performance enhancing as anything else.  While he played in an era of less major league teams, he also had the luxury of facing the same pitcher 4 or 5 or even 6 times a game.  Today's players are lucky to see the same pitcher more than twice a game.  Today's players have to face a plethora of specialty pitchers.  Something that didn't happen in Aaron's day.  By your reasoning neither Aaron nor Ruth is the "real" home run king.  That belongs to Roger Connor.  So please stay off that slippery slope of the "real" home run king. 
Solid..  No argument here..
1. other  2. other  3. other  4. other  
#19 | 1289 days ago

1) Babe Ruth
2) Lou Gehrig
3) Ty Cobb
4) Ted Williams
1. other  2. other  3. other  4. other  
#20 | 1289 days ago
BDV4U (+)

Ruth, Teddie, Jackie & Clemente
1. other  2. other  3. other  4. other  
#21 | 1288 days ago

Ruth,
Cobb,
Paige,
Robinson

Ruth, was bigger then life and people came out to cheer for him or curse him. Cobb, with his hard play and nasty attitude did the same thing. Paige, may not have played long coming from the nergo leagues, still many people came out to see this old man play and to see what he would say next. Robinson as some may say was Ricky for breaking the color line. Still Jackie showed us how to play though the worst conditions you can imagine. PLayers in spports should take note and let their skills apeak for them on the field and keep their mouth shut off. Still there is many players coaches owners who could have that honor if one was ever to be built.
1. other  2. other  3. other  4. other  
#22 | 1275 days ago

Babe Ruth
Roberto Clemente
Hank Aaron
Albert Pujols
#23 | 1100 days ago

Babe Ruth
Cy Young
Jackie Robinson
Lou Gehrig
1. other  2. other  3. other  4. other  
#24 | 978 days ago

 Babe Ruth
Jackie Robinson
Cy Young
Roberto Clemente
1. other  2. other  3. other  4. other  
#25 | 973 days ago

 Pete Rose
Jackie Robinson
Hank Aaron
Tommy John (you know why!)
1. other  2. other  3. other  4. other  
#26 | 973 days ago
BDV4U (+)

derms33 wrote:
 Pete Rose
Jackie Robinson
Hank Aaron
Tommy John (you know why!)
But the Tommy John one would have to be worked on, have granite moved from one part of its statue to another, shut down for a year and have to go through rehab.
1. other  2. other  3. other  4. other  
#27 | 973 days ago

BDV4U wrote:
But the Tommy John one would have to be worked on, have granite moved from one part of its statue to another, shut down for a year and have to go through rehab.
responsible for career resurrection
1. other  2. other  3. other  4. other  
#28 | 973 days ago
BDV4U (+)

derms33 wrote:
responsible for career resurrection
But the Pete Rose statue on your Mount Rushmore would only give him 3-to-1 odds of coming back as good or better than before. LMAO
1. other  2. other  3. other  4. other  
#29 | 946 days ago

Babe Ruth, Cy Young,  Jackie Robinson, and Walter Johnson

'You have the best player ever, You have the two best pitchers ever and the most important player ever
1. other  2. other  3. other  4. other  
#30 | 946 days ago
BDV4U (+)

TatsuKlinga2812812 wrote:
Babe Ruth, Cy Young,  Jackie Robinson, and Walter Johnson

'You have the best player ever, You have the two best pitchers ever and the most important player ever
But neither pitcher won a Cy Young award! LOL
1. other  2. other  3. other  4. other  
#31 | 946 days ago

BDV4U wrote:
But neither pitcher won a Cy Young award! LOL
One is Cy Young himself
1. other  2. other  3. other  4. other  
#32 | 946 days ago
BDV4U (+)

TatsuKlinga2812812 wrote:
One is Cy Young himself
Yet never won an Award! Jackie Robinson won a Jackie Robinson Rookie of the Year Award.
1. other  2. other  3. other  4. other  
#33 | 946 days ago

(Edited by TatsuKlinga2812812)
BDV4U wrote:
Yet never won an Award! Jackie Robinson won a Jackie Robinson Rookie of the Year Award.
Babe Ruth only won one MVP but Pujols has more them him doesn't make Pujols better then Ruth which he is not. It part of the era and I care less on awards won really because most of them like Gold Glove are bullshit anyways. Look last year Granderson should of got the MVP but no he didn't get because he was an Yankee.
1. other  2. other  3. other  4. other  
#34 | 946 days ago
BDV4U (+)

TatsuKlinga2812812 wrote:
Babe Ruth only won one MVP but Pujols has more them him doesn't make Pujols better then Ruth which he is not. It part of the era and I care less on awards won really because most of them like Gold Glove are bullshit anyways. Look last year Granderson should of got the MVP but no he didn't get because he was an Yankee.
{Put head in hands and shakes head} The Rookie of the Year in instituted in 1947 and Jackie Robinson was its first recipient. The Cy Young Award didn't come about until well after Denton Young and Walter Johnson were long retired!

For someone that allegedly knows so much about baseball, you know so little. LOL
1. other  2. other  3. other  4. other  
#35 | 946 days ago

(Edited by TatsuKlinga2812812)
BDV4U wrote:
{Put head in hands and shakes head} The Rookie of the Year in instituted in 1947 and Jackie Robinson was its first recipient. The Cy Young Award didn't come about until well after Denton Young and Walter Johnson were long retired!

For someone that allegedly knows so much about baseball, you know so little. LOL
I know the Cy Young Award was made years after he even try to win it but your saying he doesn't earn a right to be on Mt Rushmore I put in a couple pitchers and hitters two of the best of all time. He is the award how can you not have the best pitcher ever be on the mountain


Besides I never gave a damn about awards like I said. Babe Ruth should have more MVP's then anyone he is baseball but he has one because of dumb rules in the past.

I do know my baseball

You just put hitters up on your list. So pitchers don't matter to you.


Cy Young did win a MVP anyways 1911 it was the

Chalmers Award

1. other  2. other  3. other  4. other  
#36 | 946 days ago
BDV4U (+)

I never ONCE said that neither of them did or didn't deserve to be on there. Just because I don't think Theodore Roosevelt was one of the greatest Presidents prior to the 1930s when they started construction on Mount Rushmore doesn't mean they should take his face off the mountain, either!

Just because you don't know the oldest baseball joke in the book means you know anything about comedy. But, hey, people will still say Cy Young never won the Cy Young Award! cheeky
1. other  2. other  3. other  4. other  
#37 | 946 days ago

I like funny Jokes ha ha  like St. Louis own Red Foxx use to tell you no Red Foxx leave the jokes to the pro's
1. other  2. other  3. other  4. other  
#38 | 945 days ago

BDV4U wrote:
I never ONCE said that neither of them did or didn't deserve to be on there. Just because I don't think Theodore Roosevelt was one of the greatest Presidents prior to the 1930s when they started construction on Mount Rushmore doesn't mean they should take his face off the mountain, either!

Just because you don't know the oldest baseball joke in the book means you know anything about comedy. But, hey, people will still say Cy Young never won the Cy Young Award! cheeky
MVP is a better award then Cy Young anyways.
1. other  2. other  3. other  4. other  
#39 | 945 days ago
BDV4U (+)

TatsuKlinga2812812 wrote:
MVP is a better award then Cy Young anyways.
Yeah, ask Ryan Braun. I'm sure Justin Verlander will telling him, "DUDE!"
1. other  2. other  3. other  4. other  
#40 | 945 days ago

BDV4U wrote:
Yeah, ask Ryan Braun. I'm sure Justin Verlander will telling him, "DUDE!"
That was Granderson's award he got ripped off because Granderson is a Yankee
1. other  2. other  3. other  4. other  
#41 | 945 days ago

#42 | 945 days ago

ML31 wrote:
You twin wonderful
1. other  2. other  3. other  4. other  
#43 | 944 days ago

TatsuKlinga2812812 wrote:
That was Granderson's award he got ripped off because Granderson is a Yankee
Right... because a Yankee has never won the MVP.
1. other  2. other  3. other  4. other  
#44 | 944 days ago
BDV4U (+)

(Edited by BDV4U)
Pat wrote:
Right... because a Yankee has never won the MVP.
I was afraid to ask if he meant Granderson should have one the Cy Young or the NL MVP!
1. other  2. other  3. other  4. other  
#45 | 944 days ago

Pat wrote:
Right... because a Yankee has never won the MVP.
He mentioned Justin Verlander winning the MVP I said that should have been Granderson award but he didn't get it because he was an Yankee voters don't vote for Yankees unless have have no choice. Justin Verlander is a pitcher he doesn't play everyday Granderson does and had good numbers that should of went to him.
1. other  2. other  3. other  4. other  
#46 | 944 days ago

TatsuKlinga2812812 wrote:
He mentioned Justin Verlander winning the MVP I said that should have been Granderson award but he didn't get it because he was an Yankee voters don't vote for Yankees unless have have no choice. Justin Verlander is a pitcher he doesn't play everyday Granderson does and had good numbers that should of went to him.
What about Ellsbury and Bautista both having better numbers than Granderson for an everyday player?
#47 | 944 days ago
BDV4U (+)

Chief_aka_James wrote:
What about Ellsbury and Bautista both having better numbers than Granderson for an everyday player?
It's best NOT to introduce silly things, like facts, into a discussion with TK - it only confuses him MORE! smiley
1. other  2. other  3. other  4. other  
#48 | 944 days ago

TatsuKlinga2812812 wrote:
He mentioned Justin Verlander winning the MVP I said that should have been Granderson award but he didn't get it because he was an Yankee voters don't vote for Yankees unless have have no choice. Justin Verlander is a pitcher he doesn't play everyday Granderson does and had good numbers that should of went to him.
And I mentioned a reason why your logic is absolutely ridiculous.

I agree that Verlander shouldn't have won it, but for you to act like Granderson specifically got robbed is flat out ignorant. No one singled him out and snubbed him specifically, he just happened to be one out of about 6 hitters who had a decent case and missed out. Jacoby Ellsbury, Jose Bautista, Granderson, Miguel Cabrera, Robinson Cano and Adrian Gonzalez all had a valid case for MVP, but none of them truly stood out from the rest. That's why I think it went to Verlander. Also, keep in mind that despite your claims of anti-Yankee bias, they had 2 players who finished in the top 6 of MVP voting. So it's not like people weren't voting for them.

The more outlandish issue is that Verlander got the MVP, despite the fact that the voters had set a clear precedent in 1999 and 2000 when they DIDN'T give Pedro Martinez the award, basically making it clear that a pitcher would NEVER deserve the MVP, no matter how well he pitched. Pedro's numbers were much better than Verlander, and the guys who won it over him had very similar numbers to Miguel Cabrera, who finished 5th this year.

I agree that Verlander shouldn't have won it... but you can't intelligently say that ONE guy in particular got snubbed. That's just ignorant and biased.

Had Granderson won it, I wouldn't have complained. He was deserving. But so were the other 5 guys I mentioned.
1. other  2. other  3. other  4. other  
#49 | 944 days ago

By the way, Yankees have more MVP awards by team than any other.
#50 | 944 days ago

Chief_aka_James wrote:
By the way, Yankees have more MVP awards by team than any other.
It started with Derek Jeter not getting the MVP voter seam to look past the Yankee's when it come to MVP. Why didn't Brett Gardner get a gold glove his field was the best in baseball that what people said because he was an Yankee.
1. other  2. other  3. other  4. other  
#51 | 944 days ago

Pat wrote:
And I mentioned a reason why your logic is absolutely ridiculous.

I agree that Verlander shouldn't have won it, but for you to act like Granderson specifically got robbed is flat out ignorant. No one singled him out and snubbed him specifically, he just happened to be one out of about 6 hitters who had a decent case and missed out. Jacoby Ellsbury, Jose Bautista, Granderson, Miguel Cabrera, Robinson Cano and Adrian Gonzalez all had a valid case for MVP, but none of them truly stood out from the rest. That's why I think it went to Verlander. Also, keep in mind that despite your claims of anti-Yankee bias, they had 2 players who finished in the top 6 of MVP voting. So it's not like people weren't voting for them.

The more outlandish issue is that Verlander got the MVP, despite the fact that the voters had set a clear precedent in 1999 and 2000 when they DIDN'T give Pedro Martinez the award, basically making it clear that a pitcher would NEVER deserve the MVP, no matter how well he pitched. Pedro's numbers were much better than Verlander, and the guys who won it over him had very similar numbers to Miguel Cabrera, who finished 5th this year.

I agree that Verlander shouldn't have won it... but you can't intelligently say that ONE guy in particular got snubbed. That's just ignorant and biased.

Had Granderson won it, I wouldn't have complained. He was deserving. But so were the other 5 guys I mentioned.
Jacoby Ellsbury, Jose Bautista,and Adrian Gonzalez shouldn't get the award in my view because they didn't make the playoffs.
1. other  2. other  3. other  4. other  
#52 | 944 days ago

TatsuKlinga2812812 wrote:
Jacoby Ellsbury, Jose Bautista,and Adrian Gonzalez shouldn't get the award in my view because they didn't make the playoffs.
Where in the description of the award does it say anything about making the playoffs?

Once again, your ignorance rears its ugly head.
1. other  2. other  3. other  4. other  
#53 | 944 days ago

TatsuKlinga2812812 wrote:
Jacoby Ellsbury, Jose Bautista,and Adrian Gonzalez shouldn't get the award in my view because they didn't make the playoffs.
Even using that argument means that Cabrera should have gotten it over Granderson.

Thanks for coming back...  I missed this!
#54 | 944 days ago

Pat wrote:
Where in the description of the award does it say anything about making the playoffs?

Once again, your ignorance rears its ugly head.
It not written but in my view and even many voters view a player should win the award if you don't make the playoffs. MVP how can you be really that valuable if you can't even help your team get into the playoffs. I take Justin over them players at least he made the playoffs. I think getting into the playoffs should be a big key in getting the award like I said I hear voters say that.
1. other  2. other  3. other  4. other  
#55 | 944 days ago

(Edited by TatsuKlinga2812812)
ML31 wrote:
Even using that argument means that Cabrera should have gotten it over Granderson.

Thanks for coming back...  I missed this!
Granderson had better season then MC even the voters saw that MC came in third Granderson was the star on the Yankees he was the most impactful player. MC he can't even say the Justin V was that but he was a pitcher.
1. other  2. other  3. other  4. other  
#56 | 944 days ago

Pat wrote:
Where in the description of the award does it say anything about making the playoffs?

Once again, your ignorance rears its ugly head.
I think if they was going to give it to the best player call it player of the Year not mvp. If your going to call it an MVP a player should have some impact on your team getting into the playoffs. Players on last place team's should never get the MVP in my book they should have another award for that call it player of the year to me your not tha Valuable if you don't help your team get into the playoffs point blank.
1. other  2. other  3. other  4. other  
#57 | 944 days ago

TatsuKlinga2812812 wrote:
Granderson had better season then MC even the voters saw that MC came in third Granderson was the star on the Yankees he was the most impactful player. MC he can't even say the Justin V was that but he was a pitcher.
Cabrera had more hits, more doubles, more walks, fewer strikeouts, higher Batting Avg, higher OBP, higher slugging, higher OPS.

But never mind all that.  Granderson wears pinstripes.  And that's the most important stat in your book.
#58 | 944 days ago

ML31 wrote:
Cabrera had more hits, more doubles, more walks, fewer strikeouts, higher Batting Avg, higher OBP, higher slugging, higher OPS.

But never mind all that.  Granderson wears pinstripes.  And that's the most important stat in your book.
I would even take Cabrera over the three who didn't win the playoffs he did make the playoffs for heaven sakes but the vote said that Granderson was better the Cabera and the MVP is always about numbers to me it about impact. By order of the postion he going to have different numbers. Usally First Basemen put up the stronger numbers so let give the award for now on to only first basemen.
1. other  2. other  3. other  4. other  
#59 | 944 days ago

TatsuKlinga2812812 wrote:
I think if they was going to give it to the best player call it player of the Year not mvp. If your going to call it an MVP a player should have some impact on your team getting into the playoffs. Players on last place team's should never get the MVP in my book they should have another award for that call it player of the year to me your not tha Valuable if you don't help your team get into the playoffs point blank.
If there was a difference between MVP and 'best player of the year', I don't see how Granderson would win either last season.
#60 | 944 days ago

What is done is done ready to see baseball in a few weaks see ya most awards are bs anyways so it doesn't matter only one award truly matter that is the World Series I can care less about awards as an Yankee fan..

THE YANKEE'S WIN THEEEEEEE YANKEE'S WIN.
1. other  2. other  3. other  4. other  
#61 | 944 days ago

Chief_aka_James wrote:
If there was a difference between MVP and 'best player of the year', I don't see how Granderson would win either last season.
What ever he got more votes then MC so the voters themselves said he was a better player so enough said.
1. other  2. other  3. other  4. other  
#62 | 944 days ago

TatsuKlinga2812812 wrote:
I would even take Cabrera over the three who didn't win the playoffs he did make the playoffs for heaven sakes but the vote said that Granderson was better the Cabera and the MVP is always about numbers to me it about impact. By order of the postion he going to have different numbers. Usally First Basemen put up the stronger numbers so let give the award for now on to only first basemen.
And, of course, Yankees should win all the awards every year and the WS every year.  If that doesn't happen, they got robbed because of Yankee bias.  LOL!
#63 | 944 days ago

(Edited by TatsuKlinga2812812)
ML31 wrote:
And, of course, Yankees should win all the awards every year and the WS every year.  If that doesn't happen, they got robbed because of Yankee bias.  LOL!
They do have an Yankee, Red Sox double standard most people are going to go against them no matter what.
1. other  2. other  3. other  4. other  
#64 | 944 days ago

(Edited by TatsuKlinga2812812)
ML31 wrote:
And, of course, Yankees should win all the awards every year and the WS every year.  If that doesn't happen, they got robbed because of Yankee bias.  LOL!
That is why they want interleague year round because of the Yankees and Red Sox they are the biggest draw in the sport and many NL would pay to play them if they could because they know they would fill the seats.

Have to put in the Phillies to be fair but that is it no one care about the other team's
1. other  2. other  3. other  4. other  
#65 | 944 days ago

TatsuKlinga2812812 wrote:
Granderson had better season then MC even the voters saw that MC came in third Granderson was the star on the Yankees he was the most impactful player. MC he can't even say the Justin V was that but he was a pitcher.
You began this particular discussion by saying that the voters were wrong. Now, you're using them to support your side. Well done, sir.
1. other  2. other  3. other  4. other  
#66 | 944 days ago

TatsuKlinga2812812 wrote:
They do have an Yankee, Red Sox double standard most people are going to go against them no matter what.
You are right...  There is a Yankee and Red Sox bias in the media.  But it is in FAVOR of those teams.  Not against them.
#67 | 944 days ago

TatsuKlinga2812812 wrote:
That is why they want interleague year round because of the Yankees and Red Sox they are the biggest draw in the sport and many NL would pay to play them if they could because they know they would fill the seats.

Have to put in the Phillies to be fair but that is it no one care about the other team's
Yeah...  THAT's why...  LOL!
#68 | 944 days ago

TatsuKlinga2812812 wrote:
I think if they was going to give it to the best player call it player of the Year not mvp. If your going to call it an MVP a player should have some impact on your team getting into the playoffs. Players on last place team's should never get the MVP in my book they should have another award for that call it player of the year to me your not tha Valuable if you don't help your team get into the playoffs point blank.
Here's an analogy for you... even though I'm 100% positive that you won't understand it.

Let's say the playoffs are like a car. The car costs $20,000. If you have $20,000 then you can buy the car... AKA your team can make the playoffs.

Each player is worth a certain amount of money. Some guys, like Scott Atchison, are worth like $50. Others, like these MVP candidates, are worth thousands.

If you (the Yankees) have $30,000 then you are easily able to buy the car (make the playoffs, in this analogy). My team (the Red Sox) only totaled up to about $19,000 since they missed the playoffs. The Blue Jays only ended up at like $15,000.

But that doesn't change the fact that Bautista was worth about $5,000 while Granderson was only worth about $4,000.

Which is more valuable? Clearly Bautista, even though if you added him up with the rest of his teammates, it wasn't enough to make the playoffs.

Punishing a player for the team he plays on is the height of ignorance. Then again, that's what I've come to expect from you, so I'm not surprised.
1. other  2. other  3. other  4. other  
#69 | 944 days ago

TatsuKlinga2812812 wrote:
They do have an Yankee, Red Sox double standard most people are going to go against them no matter what.
This discussion would be far more tolerable if you could at least learn proper English.
1. other  2. other  3. other  4. other  
#70 | 944 days ago

Pat wrote:
You began this particular discussion by saying that the voters were wrong. Now, you're using them to support your side. Well done, sir.
Some got it right. It is not their fault some are clueless
1. other  2. other  3. other  4. other  
#71 | 944 days ago

(Edited by TatsuKlinga2812812)
Pat wrote:
Here's an analogy for you... even though I'm 100% positive that you won't understand it.

Let's say the playoffs are like a car. The car costs $20,000. If you have $20,000 then you can buy the car... AKA your team can make the playoffs.

Each player is worth a certain amount of money. Some guys, like Scott Atchison, are worth like $50. Others, like these MVP candidates, are worth thousands.

If you (the Yankees) have $30,000 then you are easily able to buy the car (make the playoffs, in this analogy). My team (the Red Sox) only totaled up to about $19,000 since they missed the playoffs. The Blue Jays only ended up at like $15,000.

But that doesn't change the fact that Bautista was worth about $5,000 while Granderson was only worth about $4,000.

Which is more valuable? Clearly Bautista, even though if you added him up with the rest of his teammates, it wasn't enough to make the playoffs.

Punishing a player for the team he plays on is the height of ignorance. Then again, that's what I've come to expect from you, so I'm not surprised.
The call it the player of the Year not MVP no way any Red Sox should of gotten the award because of how bad they played the last few weeks last year the Red Sox were so bad they even beat out the Met's as biggest collapse.

.
1. other  2. other  3. other  4. other  
#72 | 944 days ago

Jackie Robinson, Babe Ruth, Curt Flood, Walter Johnson
#73 | 944 days ago

(Edited by Pat)
TatsuKlinga2812812 wrote:
The call it the player of the Year not MVP no way any Red Sox should of gotten the award because of how bad they played the last few weeks last year the Red Sox were so bad they even beat out the Met's as biggest collapse.

.
For starters, they played badly the last MONTH, not the last week. But more importantly, exactly what does that have to do with Jacoby Ellsbury? What part did he play in their collapse? Why should the poor play of his teammates affect his MVP case? How does THEIR performance make him any more or less valuable?

Edit: My bad, you said last few weeks. It was hard to tell, because of how bad your English sucks.
1. other  2. other  3. other  4. other  
#74 | 944 days ago

TatsuKlinga2812812 wrote:
Granderson had better season then MC even the voters saw that MC came in third Granderson was the star on the Yankees he was the most impactful player. MC he can't even say the Justin V was that but he was a pitcher.
I'm not part of the anti-Verlander or anti-SP for MVP, and the voters saw Justin as more valuable (for a playoff team) than Granderson.
#75 | 944 days ago

TatsuKlinga2812812 wrote:
Some got it right. It is not their fault some are clueless
Funny how you believe this statement is valid for the voters, yet you can't apply the same logic to players whose teammates weren't good enough to make the playoffs. It's not Bautista's fault that his team sucks... is it?
1. other  2. other  3. other  4. other  
#76 | 944 days ago

In fact, the RedSox collapse cant be attributed to the offense but slightly: the Sox still had the third highest run production in the AL in September, it was the pitching that was atrocious
#77 | 944 days ago

Pat wrote:
Funny how you believe this statement is valid for the voters, yet you can't apply the same logic to players whose teammates weren't good enough to make the playoffs. It's not Bautista's fault that his team sucks... is it?
He could always just hit and pitch for them, couldn't he?
#78 | 944 days ago

(Edited by TatsuKlinga2812812)
Pat wrote:
Here's an analogy for you... even though I'm 100% positive that you won't understand it.

Let's say the playoffs are like a car. The car costs $20,000. If you have $20,000 then you can buy the car... AKA your team can make the playoffs.

Each player is worth a certain amount of money. Some guys, like Scott Atchison, are worth like $50. Others, like these MVP candidates, are worth thousands.

If you (the Yankees) have $30,000 then you are easily able to buy the car (make the playoffs, in this analogy). My team (the Red Sox) only totaled up to about $19,000 since they missed the playoffs. The Blue Jays only ended up at like $15,000.

But that doesn't change the fact that Bautista was worth about $5,000 while Granderson was only worth about $4,000.

Which is more valuable? Clearly Bautista, even though if you added him up with the rest of his teammates, it wasn't enough to make the playoffs.

Punishing a player for the team he plays on is the height of ignorance. Then again, that's what I've come to expect from you, so I'm not surprised.

 

THEN IN TERMS OF MONEY RED SOX STILL OWE MONEY. THE YANKEES PAYED FOR CAR IN FULL, AND THE BLUE JAY ARE SHORT OF THE CASH THEY COULDN'T'T EVEN BUY THE CAR AT ALL.


GRANDERSON $4000 HELPED PAY FOR THE CAR BAUTISTA $5 GRAND WASN'T ENOUGH TO PAY FOR THE CAR. TO THE CAR DEALER PAID IN FULL IS BETTER THEN NOT BEING ABLE TO PAY AT ALL.

 

IF A BUSINESS GOES UNDER DOESN'T MATTER HOW VALUABLE YOU ARE TO THE BUSINESS YOUR STILL GOING TO GET FIRED OR LAYED OFF.

The team stinking Bautista you saying shouldn't't be punished
YEAH HE SHOULD BE PUNISHED THE WHOLE TEAM SHOULD. THIS IS BUSINESS LIKE I SAID IF YOUR A GOOD EMPLOYEE FOR A BUSINESS BUT THE BUSINESS GOES UNDER THOUGH YOU WAS A GOOD EMPLOYEE YOUR STILL GOING TO BE PUNISHED BY LOSING YOUR JOB OR LIKE BASEBALL WHAT EVER REWARDS SHOULD COME TO YOU.

1. other  2. other  3. other  4. other  
#79 | 944 days ago

I got to "YANKEES PAYED FOR THERE CAR" and quit. No good could come from that.
#80 | 944 days ago

Pat wrote:
For starters, they played badly the last MONTH, not the last week. But more importantly, exactly what does that have to do with Jacoby Ellsbury? What part did he play in their collapse? Why should the poor play of his teammates affect his MVP case? How does THEIR performance make him any more or less valuable?

Edit: My bad, you said last few weeks. It was hard to tell, because of how bad your English sucks.
I said bad few weeks which is close enough to a month and they started out bad also which didn't help either they were bad in the beginning and end of the season.
1. other  2. other  3. other  4. other  
#81 | 944 days ago

ML31 wrote:
Yeah...  THAT's why...  LOL!
That is why baseball wants more money since interleague brings more money and in most part because of the Yankees and Red Sox they wanna make more money more interleague more Yankees and Red interleague series more money.
1. other  2. other  3. other  4. other  
#82 | 944 days ago

TatsuKlinga2812812 wrote:
That is why baseball wants more money since interleague brings more money and in most part because of the Yankees and Red Sox they wanna make more money more interleague more Yankees and Red interleague series more money.
What does this have to do with anything? This is why Yankee players don't get MVP awards?
#83 | 944 days ago

(Edited by TatsuKlinga2812812)
MarkTheShark wrote:
In fact, the RedSox collapse cant be attributed to the offense but slightly: the Sox still had the third highest run production in the AL in September, it was the pitching that was atrocious
They didn't start so good in the beginning of the season either.
1. other  2. other  3. other  4. other  
#84 | 944 days ago

Chief_aka_James wrote:
What does this have to do with anything? This is why Yankee players don't get MVP awards?
Baseball doesn't want the Yankees to win rewards but they want the Yankees to do more interleague that is what that is about. They want to try to get the last buck out of the Yankee like with the Yankee tax.
1. other  2. other  3. other  4. other  
#85 | 944 days ago

TatsuKlinga2812812 wrote:
That is why baseball wants more money since interleague brings more money and in most part because of the Yankees and Red Sox they wanna make more money more interleague more Yankees and Red interleague series more money.
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!
#86 | 944 days ago

TatsuKlinga2812812 wrote:

 

THEN IN TERMS OF MONEY RED SOX STILL OWE MONEY. THE YANKEES PAYED FOR CAR IN FULL, AND THE BLUE JAY ARE SHORT OF THE CASH THEY COULDN'T'T EVEN BUY THE CAR AT ALL.


GRANDERSON $4000 HELPED PAY FOR THE CAR BAUTISTA $5 GRAND WASN'T ENOUGH TO PAY FOR THE CAR. TO THE CAR DEALER PAID IN FULL IS BETTER THEN NOT BEING ABLE TO PAY AT ALL.

 

IF A BUSINESS GOES UNDER DOESN'T MATTER HOW VALUABLE YOU ARE TO THE BUSINESS YOUR STILL GOING TO GET FIRED OR LAYED OFF.

The team stinking Bautista you saying shouldn't't be punished
YEAH HE SHOULD BE PUNISHED THE WHOLE TEAM SHOULD. THIS IS BUSINESS LIKE I SAID IF YOUR A GOOD EMPLOYEE FOR A BUSINESS BUT THE BUSINESS GOES UNDER THOUGH YOU WAS A GOOD EMPLOYEE YOUR STILL GOING TO BE PUNISHED BY LOSING YOUR JOB OR LIKE BASEBALL WHAT EVER REWARDS SHOULD COME TO YOU.

So, I guess that means that 22 teams should just fold.
#87 | 944 days ago

ML31 wrote:
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!
LOL IT IS TRUE ONLY A POOR GIANT FAN WHOULDN'T THINK SO.
1. other  2. other  3. other  4. other  
#88 | 944 days ago

ML31 wrote:
So, I guess that means that 22 teams should just fold.
NO BUT THEY SHOULDN'T'T BE REWARDED EITHER UNLESS A FEW REWARDS CAN GO TO PLAYERS ON CRAPPY TEAMS BUT I DON'T THINK THE MAJOR AWARDS SHOULD.
1. other  2. other  3. other  4. other  
#89 | 944 days ago

Yankee fans take winning high most of you fans getting 500 is a season well done or just making the playoffs season well done. Yankee fans expect a World Series every year. Will we get it all the time no it is the real world.
1. other  2. other  3. other  4. other  
#90 | 944 days ago

TatsuKlinga2812812 wrote:
LOL IT IS TRUE ONLY A POOR GIANT FAN WHOULDN'T THINK SO.
Yeah...   And baseball is better when the Yankees win every year too I'm sure...   


#91 | 944 days ago

ML31 wrote:
Yeah...   And baseball is better when the Yankees win every year too I'm sure...   


Most popular team. Most Successful team. Most Valuable team in the sport blah blah blah well yeah. The sport is always better when the Yankees are good.




Even Yankee haters are still going to pay to watch the Yankees play.
1. other  2. other  3. other  4. other  
#92 | 944 days ago
BDV4U (+)

I only have 2 questions:
  • Who started this discussion? angel
  • What "car" finished the race this past October? Because if memory serves, it sure in the heck wasn't the Yankees' or the Phillies' "car"! cool
1. other  2. other  3. other  4. other  
#93 | 944 days ago

TatsuKlinga2812812 wrote:
Most popular team. Most Successful team. Most Valuable team in the sport blah blah blah well yeah. The sport is always better when the Yankees are good.




Even Yankee haters are still going to pay to watch the Yankees play.
If other teams were better, the same would apply. If MORE teams were competitive, the same would apply to MORE teams.

The best possible thing for baseball would be if ALL teams could be competitive on a regular basis. Too bad that's not the case.

The sport isn't better when a specific team is good. The sport is better when competition is excellent across the board.
1. other  2. other  3. other  4. other  
#94 | 944 days ago

Pat wrote:
If other teams were better, the same would apply. If MORE teams were competitive, the same would apply to MORE teams.

The best possible thing for baseball would be if ALL teams could be competitive on a regular basis. Too bad that's not the case.

The sport isn't better when a specific team is good. The sport is better when competition is excellent across the board.
You don't think Baseball has been more competitive the past 5 years.  It is and it is getting more competitive each year.
1. other  2. other  3. other  4. other  
#95 | 944 days ago

Pat wrote:
If other teams were better, the same would apply. If MORE teams were competitive, the same would apply to MORE teams.

The best possible thing for baseball would be if ALL teams could be competitive on a regular basis. Too bad that's not the case.

The sport isn't better when a specific team is good. The sport is better when competition is excellent across the board.
But would more fan's watch if the Yankees and Red Sox were both garbage I think not
1. other  2. other  3. other  4. other  
#96 | 944 days ago

TatsuKlinga2812812 wrote:
You don't think Baseball has been more competitive the past 5 years.  It is and it is getting more competitive each year.
I think there are still teams, like the Pirates, Royals, Astros, Padres, etc, who have zero chance of winning a championship.

Overall, if every team came into the season thinking that maybe it was possible for them to make the playoffs and win a championship, then that's how the most fans would be attracted.
1. other  2. other  3. other  4. other  
#97 | 944 days ago

TatsuKlinga2812812 wrote:
But would more fan's watch if the Yankees and Red Sox were both garbage I think not
It depends on how the other 28 teams were doing. Most Yankee fans are just bandwagon hopping idiots anyway. Half of them are probably Marlins fans already.
1. other  2. other  3. other  4. other  
#98 | 944 days ago

Pat wrote:
I think there are still teams, like the Pirates, Royals, Astros, Padres, etc, who have zero chance of winning a championship.

Overall, if every team came into the season thinking that maybe it was possible for them to make the playoffs and win a championship, then that's how the most fans would be attracted.
Teams' are always going to suck well some team's management is the main reason who can't get talent or trade.
1. other  2. other  3. other  4. other  
#99 | 944 days ago

Pat wrote:
It depends on how the other 28 teams were doing. Most Yankee fans are just bandwagon hopping idiots anyway. Half of them are probably Marlins fans already.
Not here most fan's I know will live in die with the Yankees I know older people that watched them when they were bad.
1. other  2. other  3. other  4. other  
#100 | 944 days ago

Fact: You can't buy championships, but you CAN buy the ability to compete year in and year out. That's why the Yankees, Red Sox, Tigers, Angels, Cardinals and a bunch of other teams are always in the mix, and some teams have very short windows of contention, after which they're back in the cellar. For those teams, it takes masterful team management, and they're STILL doomed to fall apart once the contracts expire. For the Yankees, that window never closes. For the Red Sox, they have things called "bridge years" where they're still pretty competitive, but don't have championship aspirations. For teams like the Royals, they just hope to make the playoffs once a decade. Welcome to baseball.

Another Fact: A vast majority of Yankees fans are bandwagon fans. This is the case for any successful team in any sport.
1. other  2. other  3. other  4. other  
#101 | 943 days ago

The poster formerly known as Dragon is just fan-freaking-tastic!     LOL!!
#102 | 943 days ago

TatsuKlinga2812812 wrote:
Most popular team. Most Successful team. Most Valuable team in the sport blah blah blah well yeah. The sport is always better when the Yankees are good.




Even Yankee haters are still going to pay to watch the Yankees play.
Actually, Yankee haters don't waste their time watching the Yankees and their expensive line up. 

The only thing not funny (in fact it is quite pathetic) is that you actually truly and honestly believe MLB is better when the Yankees win.  Funny thing is, however, the decade in which MLB saw its biggest growth in terms of attendance, TV ratings, player salaries and teams turning profits was a decade in which the Yankees were for the most part a non-factor.  It was also the last time there was any kind of partial parity in the game.  Wonder if anyone knows what decade that was?  
#103 | 943 days ago

sorry but no way in hell should a pitcher win the MVP, unless its in the NL and he PH a HR every time he bats...play everyday, your team wins, you are the closest 5 tool guy out there.  Granderson did get hosed, but he is hosed for the same reason the Red Sox guys were, too many guys on one team...Bautista...his average was high and he was pitched around a lot and his team stunk...I hate the Yankees, but Granderson stood out to me...well, if the stadium dimensions weren't comparable to adult softball leagues his numbers woulda shrunk...hmmm....maybe give the AL MVP to Ellsbury...wait the offensive numbers at Fenway are a joke too....ok Miquel Cabrera is the winner
1. other  2. other  3. other  4. other  
#104 | 943 days ago
BDV4U (+)

ML31 wrote:
Actually, Yankee haters don't waste their time watching the Yankees and their expensive line up. 

The only thing not funny (in fact it is quite pathetic) is that you actually truly and honestly believe MLB is better when the Yankees win.  Funny thing is, however, the decade in which MLB saw its biggest growth in terms of attendance, TV ratings, player salaries and teams turning profits was a decade in which the Yankees were for the most part a non-factor.  It was also the last time there was any kind of partial parity in the game.  Wonder if anyone knows what decade that was?  
WhiteyBall decade?
1. other  2. other  3. other  4. other  
#105 | 943 days ago

BDV4U wrote:
WhiteyBall decade?
Are you referring to when Herzog managed your Cards?
#106 | 943 days ago
BDV4U (+)

ML31 wrote:
Are you referring to when Herzog managed your Cards?
Is there any other time in his career that mattered? LOL
1. other  2. other  3. other  4. other  
#107 | 943 days ago

BDV4U wrote:
Is there any other time in his career that mattered? LOL
I'd make a wild guess that there may still be a few long time Royals backers who might disagree....
#108 | 943 days ago
BDV4U (+)

ML31 wrote:
I'd make a wild guess that there may still be a few long time Royals backers who might disagree....
They forgot about him when Dick Howser stole the '85 title. LMAO
1. other  2. other  3. other  4. other  
#109 | 940 days ago

MarkTheShark wrote:
In fact, the RedSox collapse cant be attributed to the offense but slightly: the Sox still had the third highest run production in the AL in September, it was the pitching that was atrocious
I will attribute the historic collapse to the awesome play of none but the Baltimore Oriole giant (Red Sox) slayers!  I am biased though...
1. other  2. other  3. other  4. other  
#110 | 710 days ago

Tom Seaver
Nolan Ryan
Babe Ruth
Willie Mays

from the Negro Leagues:

Satchel Paige
Josh Gibson
Buck Leonard
Ted "Double Duty" Radcliffe
1. other  2. other  3. other  4. other  
#111 | 572 days ago

Ted Williams
Babe Ruth
Willie Mays
Hank Aaron

Post a Comment   Already a user? Sign in here
Join FanIQ - It's Free
FanIQ is the ultimate free community for sports fans.
Talk sports with fans from all over - 1,649,417+ Comments
Track your game picks - 38,670,182,382+ Sports Predictions
Prove you know sports - 116,275+ Trivia Questions
Find fans of your teams - 11,453,110+ New Friends
NL Pitchers Individual Over/Under - 9/21
Asked by Scott | MLB, STL | 16 questions asked 09/18/14
112 predictions | Last by maroon&gold4eve | 15 hours left
AL Pitchers Individual Over/Under - 9/21
Asked by Scott | MLB, STL | 14 questions asked 09/18/14
98 predictions | Last by maroon&gold4eve | 15 hours left
MLB*Chasing Joe D*The FanIQ Hitting Streak*9/22
Asked by Michael_G | MLB, BOS, SF | 3 questions asked Yesterday
33 predictions | 1 comment | Last by jdk1948
MLB*Chasing Joe D*The FanIQ Hitting Streak*9/21
Asked by Michael_G | MLB, BOS, SF | 3 questions asked 09/17/14
45 predictions | Last by jdk1948 | 15 hours left
MLB*Chasing Joe D*The FanIQ Hitting Streak*9/23
Asked by Michael_G | MLB, BOS, SF | 3 questions asked Today
18 predictions | Last by Marquise