Skip to Next Poll »
13
Song of the Day 4/19 (Edited 04/26/11 10:54AM by Jess)
AC/DC are an Australian rock band, formed in 1973 by brothers Malcom and Angus Young. Although the band is commonly classified as hard rock and are considered pioneers of heavy metal, they have always classified their music as rock and roll. To date they are one of the highest grossing bands of all time. As of 2010, AC/DC have sold more than 200 million albums worldwide. Back in Black has sold an estimated 49 million units worldwide, making it the highest selling album by any band and the second-highest-selling album in history, behind Thriller by Michael Jackson. AC/DC ranked fourth on VH1’s list of the "100 Greatest Artists of Hard Rock" and were named the seventh "Greatest Heavy Metal Band of All Time" by MTV. In 2004, AC/DC were ranked number 72 in the Rolling Stone list of the "100 Greatest Artists of All Time" 

This song is "Thunderstruck” (featured on the album “The Razors Edge”)

Song of the Day 4/19 <span style="font-size:12px;">(Edited 04/26/11 10:54AM by Jess)</span> Photo
www.youtube.com/watch


*Bonus Song- “Hells Bells” (featured on the album “Back In Black”) - www.youtube.com/watch


**Double Bonus Song-  “Big Gun” (featured on the soundtrack “Last Action Hero”) - www.youtube.com/watch

 
| Closed on 04/26/11 at 11:00AM
FanIQ Pts? No | Locker Room, Music | Numeric Input Opinion Poll
11 Fans
Question
111.71. Song of the Day 4/19

 &nbp;
TOP COMMENT * * * * * * * * * * * *
#1 | 1226 days ago

Awesome! I had Thunderstruck as ringtone for a while, lthem. Right now I'm moving my feet and head while listening. I suffer from these involuntary movements when I hear a song I like
  
34 Comments | Sorted by Most Recent First | Red = You Disagreed
Vote for your favorite comments. Fans decide the Top Comment (3+ votes) and also hide poor quality comments (4+ votes).
#1 | 1226 days ago

Awesome! I had Thunderstruck as ringtone for a while, lthem. Right now I'm moving my feet and head while listening. I suffer from these involuntary movements when I hear a song I like
#2 | 1226 days ago
cubsgirl2 (+)

 I love me some Ac/ Dc.  And Stephen King loves putting his screen plays to their music. 






yes guys, I listen to classic rock. 
6  
#3 | 1226 days ago

 I'll be BACK in BLACK tomorrow/Tuesday. 
13  
#4 | 1226 days ago

Always been one of my fav's.

Here are 2 adds.

Gone Shootin
http://youtu.be/__urv4lv8MU

Sin City (Classic early  live performance)
http://youtu.be/mjIpaAnWUCU
#5 | 1226 days ago

(Edited by Jess)
I actually can't stand these guys (I know, probably an unpopular opinion around here, and PQ-worthy...my husband tells me it's sacrilege to love music and hate AC/DC but....it is what it is). However, I do have Hells Bells on a playlist of mine, due to its huge presence in sports.


**edit** Oops, I also have Thunderstruck on that playlist...again, it's a sports thing.
34  
#6 | 1226 days ago

Jess wrote:
I actually can't stand these guys (I know, probably an unpopular opinion around here, and PQ-worthy...my husband tells me it's sacrilege to love music and hate AC/DC but....it is what it is). However, I do have Hells Bells on a playlist of mine, due to its huge presence in sports.


**edit** Oops, I also have Thunderstruck on that playlist...again, it's a sports thing.
 Na, i respect opinions and preferences in my little corner of the Q. Not everything is for everyone. I just ask if you haven't heard it, keep an open mind and give it a listen, or if you have heard it and don't like it, tell me why! (not just you Jess, It is meant for everyone who comes here)
#7 | 1226 days ago

 I always liked Beat It and P.Y.T.... oh wait, this was about AC/DC not Michael. 


My favorite of theirs has always been You Shook Me........ "Knocking me out with those American thighs."
#8 | 1226 days ago

Jess wrote:
I actually can't stand these guys (I know, probably an unpopular opinion around here, and PQ-worthy...my husband tells me it's sacrilege to love music and hate AC/DC but....it is what it is). However, I do have Hells Bells on a playlist of mine, due to its huge presence in sports.


**edit** Oops, I also have Thunderstruck on that playlist...again, it's a sports thing.
Jess, I can understand to some degree. Especially if most of what you have listened to has been AFTER 1981. I personally dont care for much that AC/DC put out after Bon Scott died. Brian Johnson is a rocker but he's NO Bon Scott. Plus, I think like so many bands do, ACDC let radio play, record producers and money start to have too much influence in the music they put out affter 1980. But please dont tell me you cant stand some of their earlier raw rock. If so, I agree with your husband.

Tell me you dont like these:

Down Payment Blues
http://youtu.be/XvwSaJUtzeU

Hell Aint a Bad Place To Be
http://youtu.be/77TOYSiIoMI
#9 | 1226 days ago

Hells Bells is cool.  I don't think I know Thunderstruck or the one from "Last Action Hero".
I always liked (mostly because I thought is was funny) Ballbreaker.  

#10 | 1226 days ago

janet011685 wrote:
Hells Bells is cool.  I don't think I know Thunderstruck or the one from "Last Action Hero".
I always liked (mostly because I thought is was funny) Ballbreaker.  

You have to like "Big Balls" too....youtu.be/7YUuyzQDmjY

One of the great bands of my youth...Back in Black (the entire ALBUM) was excellent...I had it on 8 track....man I'm gettin old!
69  
#11 | 1226 days ago

I'm with Jess.  I usually flip the station if they come on.  It's probably just burn out though.  The stations only play about 5 of their songs.
#12 | 1226 days ago

AC/DC is great music to lift to. It always finds it way on when ever I work out.
#13 | 1226 days ago

Jess wrote:
I actually can't stand these guys (I know, probably an unpopular opinion around here, and PQ-worthy...my husband tells me it's sacrilege to love music and hate AC/DC but....it is what it is). However, I do have Hells Bells on a playlist of mine, due to its huge presence in sports.


**edit** Oops, I also have Thunderstruck on that playlist...again, it's a sports thing.
It's really a sport thing, Jess.
#14 | 1226 days ago

great song I think but I never heard it  played on Hee Haw 
100  
#15 | 1226 days ago

Ac/Dc Is ALWAYS A Great Band To Listen To
#16 | 1226 days ago
Nick__ (+)

   - although, the older I get, the more and more I get bored with them.......probably because I played the Back in Black album until I knew the words to every song on there.

HAVE A DRINK ON ME is still thee best drinking game song ever!
33  
#17 | 1226 days ago

janet011685 wrote:
Hells Bells is cool.  I don't think I know Thunderstruck or the one from "Last Action Hero".
I always liked (mostly because I thought is was funny) Ballbreaker.  

 Wow, I am SHOCKED that you don't know Thunderstruck! 
#18 | 1226 days ago

beach_pirate wrote:
Jess, I can understand to some degree. Especially if most of what you have listened to has been AFTER 1981. I personally dont care for much that AC/DC put out after Bon Scott died. Brian Johnson is a rocker but he's NO Bon Scott. Plus, I think like so many bands do, ACDC let radio play, record producers and money start to have too much influence in the music they put out affter 1980. But please dont tell me you cant stand some of their earlier raw rock. If so, I agree with your husband.

Tell me you dont like these:

Down Payment Blues
http://youtu.be/XvwSaJUtzeU

Hell Aint a Bad Place To Be
http://youtu.be/77TOYSiIoMI
 lol nahhh just not my style. I tried, I promise.

I don't know, I just haven't liked them even since I was a little kid. And what's weird about that is, I always loved the music my mom and dad listened to...these guys were the exception I guess. They were huge where I grew up for some reason...so maybe it's more a case of, I didn't really like them to begin with and then they were always being played so it made me despise them.
34  
#19 | 1226 days ago

wow
AWESOME
i think
56  
#20 | 1226 days ago

AKAGOATMAN wrote:
 Wow, I am SHOCKED that you don't know Thunderstruck! 
I'm actually not a big AC/DC fan.  To me, 90% of their songs all sound the same.  Meh.
#21 | 1226 days ago

(Edited by richard_cranium)
janet011685 wrote:
I'm actually not a big AC/DC fan.  To me, 90% of their songs all sound the same.  Meh.
 That is a large reason they are in my list of top 5 overrated bands of all time.
22  
#22 | 1226 days ago

richard_cranium wrote:
 That is a large reason they are in my list of top 5 overrated bands of all time.
Are the Beatles #1?
#23 | 1226 days ago

beach_pirate wrote:
Are the Beatles #1?
 No but they are also on the list, since I was asked here is the list.

1. Nirvana
2. U2
3. The Beatles
4. AC/DC
5. Green Day
22  
#24 | 1226 days ago

richard_cranium wrote:
 No but they are also on the list, since I was asked here is the list.

1. Nirvana
2. U2
3. The Beatles
4. AC/DC
5. Green Day
I'm with you on 1,2,4.
3 and 5 I think you're wrong.
OK, maybe just 3.  But 5 is cool, too.  Not sure if they're overrated.  But ... ugh.  
Fine, I'm with you on all but 3.

That was exhausting.
#25 | 1226 days ago

richard_cranium wrote:
 No but they are also on the list, since I was asked here is the list.

1. Nirvana
2. U2
3. The Beatles
4. AC/DC
5. Green Day
 I want to PQ this so bad (mainly for 3 and 5), but I'm not in the mood to get into another war with you. The Santa battle wore me out. 
34  
#26 | 1226 days ago

Jess wrote:
 I want to PQ this so bad (mainly for 3 and 5), but I'm not in the mood to get into another war with you. The Santa battle wore me out. 
I expected that response from you, we have had a brief discussion about this before. I knew you feelings for 3 and 5. Also Rock Band Green Day must be the easiest version to play the Guitar on. After all you only need to learn 3 chords.
22  
#27 | 1226 days ago

  The greatest rock band of all time!
#28 | 1226 days ago

Puff, puff  rock on!!!
13  
#29 | 1226 days ago

Jess wrote:
I actually can't stand these guys (I know, probably an unpopular opinion around here, and PQ-worthy...my husband tells me it's sacrilege to love music and hate AC/DC but....it is what it is). However, I do have Hells Bells on a playlist of mine, due to its huge presence in sports.


**edit** Oops, I also have Thunderstruck on that playlist...again, it's a sports thing.
Hey,jess, ducks are nowhere--- Go Bruin`s, Beat Les Canadians the other nite !!!!!
#30 | 1225 days ago

I grew up listening to Green Day and was fortunate enough to get to hang with them for a good portion of the first half of the warped tour in '00. The time I spent with them made me appreciate the music even more. They are some of the nicest guys I have ever met, music industry or everyday life. Their music off of Dookie is overplayed big time, yes, but you can't blame the band for the choices the suits at Clear Channel and the likes, make. This is one of the few bands who I actually know did it their own way and stuck around all these years. The music changed as the band grew up. One thing you must understand is it is OK to make money doing something you are passionate about and love. The band or music may not be for you (everyone) but you have to respect them for what they have been able to do for so long. 
#31 | 1225 days ago

AKAGOATMAN wrote:
I grew up listening to Green Day and was fortunate enough to get to hang with them for a good portion of the first half of the warped tour in '00. The time I spent with them made me appreciate the music even more. They are some of the nicest guys I have ever met, music industry or everyday life. Their music off of Dookie is overplayed big time, yes, but you can't blame the band for the choices the suits at Clear Channel and the likes, make. This is one of the few bands who I actually know did it their own way and stuck around all these years. The music changed as the band grew up. One thing you must understand is it is OK to make money doing something you are passionate about and love. The band or music may not be for you (everyone) but you have to respect them for what they have been able to do for so long. 
 "The music changed as the band grew up."

THANK YOU for saying that!! I'm so sick of people saying how they "sold out" etc. but that's complete BS. Their music is evolving as they are getting older...it's still just as great today as it was in the beginning (IMO), they've just grown up a bit. If they had stayed the same, it would be old and tired and outdated - and all sound the same. I love them just as much now as I did back in the early 90's when I first started listening to them.
34  
#32 | 1225 days ago

Jess wrote:
 "The music changed as the band grew up."

THANK YOU for saying that!! I'm so sick of people saying how they "sold out" etc. but that's complete BS. Their music is evolving as they are getting older...it's still just as great today as it was in the beginning (IMO), they've just grown up a bit. If they had stayed the same, it would be old and tired and outdated - and all sound the same. I love them just as much now as I did back in the early 90's when I first started listening to them.
 Jess you are f*ckin' AWESOME! 

I completely agree with you. It would be pretty lame if these pushing 40 year old men still sang about smoking pot, masturbating, and other teenage hijinks. 
#33 | 1224 days ago

richard_cranium wrote:
 No but they are also on the list, since I was asked here is the list.

1. Nirvana
2. U2
3. The Beatles
4. AC/DC
5. Green Day
"you're killing me, Petey" *sigh*

Didn't you make a poll about this last year. You were CONSIDERING putting Green Day on the list. I thought we talked you out of this. Ugh, you drive me crazy!

P.S. The rest of your list is solid but I think I would have the Beatles #1, simply because I think they were/are loved more worldwide than Nirvana which makes it more WTF-ish.
#34 | 1218 days ago

dad1luvkap wrote:
Hey,jess, ducks are nowhere--- Go Bruin`s, Beat Les Canadians the other nite !!!!!
Hey Dad!  Go Bruins!  They can do it!  AC/DC rocks!!!

Post a Comment   Already a user? Sign in here
Join FanIQ - It's Free
FanIQ is the ultimate free community for sports fans.
Talk sports with fans from all over - 1,649,417+ Comments
Track your game picks - 38,670,182,382+ Sports Predictions
Prove you know sports - 116,275+ Trivia Questions
Find fans of your teams - 11,453,110+ New Friends
8-08; Fan IQ's Summertime Music Poll in Review
Asked by hclcdestin | Locker Room, Music | 5 questions asked 08/08/14
40 opinions | 3 comments | Last by Lobotomy Jones
What is your single of the year #4
Asked by huskerdoug2009 | Locker Room, Music | 10 questions asked 12/10/12
120 opinions | 5 comments | Last by SOONERS1980
What is your single of the year #2
Asked by huskerdoug2009 | Locker Room, Music | 10 questions asked 12/10/12
110 opinions | 5 comments | Last by SOONERS1980
What is your single of the year #3
Asked by huskerdoug2009 | Locker Room, Music | 10 questions asked 12/10/12
120 opinions | 5 comments | Last by SOONERS1980
Which song is your favorite
Asked by huskerdoug2009 | Locker Room, Music | 10 questions asked 12/07/12
240 opinions | 9 comments | Last by SOONERS1980