Skip to Next Poll »
11
The Worst Owner of a Sports Team is ______________ (Edited 03/02/12 10:17PM by sports_schmorts)

Any sport, explain.

| Closed on 03/02/12 at 05:00PM
FanIQ Pts? No | Locker Room | Numeric Input Opinion Poll
15 Fans
Question
131.2141. The Worst Owner of a Sports Team is ______________

 &nbp;
TOP COMMENT * * * * * * * * * * * *
#9 | 1153 days ago

In no particular order...

Pittsburgh Pirates - will they ever finish over .500?
LA Dodgers - McCourt's have single-handedly flushed a great franchise down the dumper
NY Mets - UGH
LA Clippers - the NBA should take this franchise away from Sterling.
AL DAVIS - Oakland Raiders - the game has passed by "Weird Al" for decades now.
Dan Snyder - Washington Redskins - operate a successful NFL team? NO. Waste millions of $$$$ - Dan's your man!
28  
  
25 Comments | Sorted by Most Recent First | Red = You Disagreed
Vote for your favorite comments. Fans decide the Top Comment (3+ votes) and also hide poor quality comments (4+ votes).
#1 | 1153 days ago

If I remember correctly, the Clippers are still owned by Donald Sterling, who refuses to spend money to help his club, who have basically been losers for 35 plus years.
0  
#2 | 1153 days ago

Jeffrey Loria- nobody is worse from this  fans point of view. He  builds pennant winning team of GREAT players and then let's them go. . If he would understand that he would make more $$$  with a consistent team,people will
start coming out to the game. It just takes time. 
Can't wait for the new stadium, built just for baseball.  Then maybe the stands will not look so empty.  70,000 seats
to fill now. 


528  
#3 | 1153 days ago

 up until two weeks ago was drayton mclane. Just five years ago the astroas were a playoff team. Then drayton began his firings. Tim purpura (gm) and began gm'ing himself. He dissolved the incredible bullpen we had and even got rid of our pitching coach jim hickey who is still going strong in tampa bay. He got rid of phil garner (manager) and replaced him with a bench coach for more than a year. He allowed ed wade to make moves like kaz matsui and j.r. Towles. I remember when minute maid park was a packed house even in 07 and 08. Now there is a couple thousand attending. Cletus mclame watched the astros sink lower and lower and lower and even when trying to sell would not negotiate on a price. Good riddance f*cker.
#4 | 1153 days ago

I thought this was gonna be a drunk Kat poll. She decided the Raiders fate last night. Great ideas in my mind. LOL

(It's too early for me to think about this answer...I shall return)
#5 | 1153 days ago

 Right now.....at this minute...in my mind-----The McCourt's. Why? Well.....I think this little blog sums up the feelings of many Dodgers fans.

13  
#6 | 1153 days ago

I agree with teach...the McCourts have been poison to our Dodgers.
8  
#7 | 1153 days ago

All the super rich nfl owners that don't want tohave football
100  
#8 | 1153 days ago

William Clay Ford--Owner of your Detroit Lions

Since he bought the team in 1964, the Lions have just as many zero win seasons as playoff victories 1
756  
#9 | 1153 days ago

In no particular order...

Pittsburgh Pirates - will they ever finish over .500?
LA Dodgers - McCourt's have single-handedly flushed a great franchise down the dumper
NY Mets - UGH
LA Clippers - the NBA should take this franchise away from Sterling.
AL DAVIS - Oakland Raiders - the game has passed by "Weird Al" for decades now.
Dan Snyder - Washington Redskins - operate a successful NFL team? NO. Waste millions of $$$$ - Dan's your man!
28  
#10 | 1153 days ago

 Dan Gilbert (Cavs)
0  
#11 | 1153 days ago

I would think it would be the Cubs owner.
13  
#12 | 1153 days ago
Nick__ (+)

ms_hippie_queen wrote:
 up until two weeks ago was drayton mclane. Just five years ago the astroas were a playoff team. Then drayton began his firings. Tim purpura (gm) and began gm'ing himself. He dissolved the incredible bullpen we had and even got rid of our pitching coach jim hickey who is still going strong in tampa bay. He got rid of phil garner (manager) and replaced him with a bench coach for more than a year. He allowed ed wade to make moves like kaz matsui and j.r. Towles. I remember when minute maid park was a packed house even in 07 and 08. Now there is a couple thousand attending. Cletus mclame watched the astros sink lower and lower and lower and even when trying to sell would not negotiate on a price. Good riddance f*cker.
What she said!   
#13 | 1153 days ago

kobe_lova wrote:
I thought this was gonna be a drunk Kat poll. She decided the Raiders fate last night. Great ideas in my mind. LOL

(It's too early for me to think about this answer...I shall return)
 It should have been! I'm still in if everyone else is 
#14 | 1153 days ago
Sharp Square (sid) profile photo



The McCourts as of today and until they are completely removed from anything to do with the Dodgers and hopefully baseball as a whole , what a freakin train-wreck !
7  
#15 | 1153 days ago
BDV4U (+)

Mike F'ing Brown of the Cincinnati Bengals. Paul is rolling over in his grave!
#16 | 1153 days ago

I was thinking of making a similar poll later this week.

Bill Bidwill of the Arizona Cardinals. He's extremely cheap, won't pay to keep important players, and has been named #1 worst NFL owner by many different experts and sources.
#17 | 1153 days ago

gobigblue1960 wrote:
If I remember correctly, the Clippers are still owned by Donald Sterling, who refuses to spend money to help his club, who have basically been losers for 35 plus years.
He simply doesn't care about winning, it's all about profit. He wouldn't mind having a 0-82 season record if he could still profit generously off it.
#18 | 1153 days ago
NorseHeathen (+)

I was Red McCombs of the Vikings.  He made his billion (plus) as a used car tycoon and ran the franchise the same way.  If he would have cared as much about the team as he did about pinching the blood out of a penny, the Vikings could of had 2 Superbowl wins in the late 90's.

Now, it's got to be Al Davis.
#19 | 1152 days ago
BDV4U (+)

Kenne wrote:
I was thinking of making a similar poll later this week.

Bill Bidwill of the Arizona Cardinals. He's extremely cheap, won't pay to keep important players, and has been named #1 worst NFL owner by many different experts and sources.
We literally helped him pack his bags and put our collective shoes in his backside to shove him out of St. Louis. Imagine a city that would rather have NO TEAM AT ALL, than him as an owner! The NFL screwed us out of the Stallions, giving the franchise to Jacksonville instead, but thankfully the owner of the LA Rams at the time was a native St. Louisan and looking for a new home.
#20 | 1151 days ago

I have a theory but i don't want to share especially here.
#21 | 1151 days ago

kteacher wrote:
 Right now.....at this minute...in my mind-----The McCourt's. Why? Well.....I think this little blog sums up the feelings of many Dodgers fans.

I like this part of the blog that describes fans at the food vendors from the McCourt's point of view...

"Imagine you came across a sucker who really liked pennies and had a $100 dollar penny budget. Would you really care if he gave you the $100 for 20 pennies, or if he got to pay $100 to stick his hand in a jar and pull out as many pennies as he could hold? That’s the idea behind the all you can eat pavilion."
#22 | 1151 days ago

(Edited by xtra_ill)
Robert Nutting: Principal owner of the Pittsburgh Pirates

Pittsburgh Pirates: 18 straight seasons of inferior, sub .500 ball, and giving away any talent you do have to other MLB teams.

Be glad the Steelers and Penguins are in Pittsburgh, because they allow YOU to go virtually un-noticed  year in and year out!
9  
#23 | 1151 days ago
ssusiej46 (+)

AL  DAVIS  of the Oakland Raiders 
#24 | 1151 days ago

ankurnathmishra wrote:
I have a theory but i don't want to share especially here.
Psst, I won't repeat it.  
528  
#25 | 1151 days ago

Has to be the Kroenke,s they are better off running the Walmarts  lol

Post a Comment   Already a user? Sign in here
Join FanIQ - It's Free
FanIQ is the ultimate free community for sports fans.
Talk sports with fans from all over - 1,649,417+ Comments
Track your game picks - 38,670,182,382+ Sports Predictions
Prove you know sports - 116,275+ Trivia Questions
Find fans of your teams - 11,453,110+ New Friends
F/E 7/24
Asked by kobe_lova | Locker Room | 1 questions asked Today
1 opinion | 1 comment | Last by Beaneaters
F/E 7/22
Asked by kobe_lova | Locker Room | 1 questions asked 07/22/14
5 opinions | 9 comments | Last by woody050681
F/E 7/23
Asked by kobe_lova | Locker Room | 1 questions asked Yesterday
6 opinions | 34 comments | Last by woody050681
Phryday Philter Errr
Asked by marcus_nyce | Locker Room | 1 questions asked 07/18/14
7 opinions | 15 comments | Last by Beaneaters
F/E 7/21
Asked by kobe_lova | Locker Room | 1 questions asked 07/21/14
7 opinions | 9 comments | Last by Debi_L