Skip to Next Poll »
17
It's a Hollywood Life (Edited 03/03/12 04:20PM by sports_schmorts)
We have a bunch of movie buffs around here so I thought this may be a fun topic.  If you could live in any movie of your choice for the rest of your days, what movie would you choose? 

For the sake of discussion, please don't go with the obvious(Rudy or a porno).


| Closed on 03/03/12 at 05:00PM
FanIQ Pts? No | Locker Room, Movies | Numeric Input Opinion Poll
22 Fans
Question
262.5241. It's a Hollywood Life

 &nbp;
TOP COMMENT * * * * * * * * * * * *
#1 | 1193 days ago

Why the hell would I want to live in the movie Rudy? Notre Dame sucks!!!
756  
  
69 Comments | Sorted by Most Recent First | Red = You Disagreed
Vote for your favorite comments. Fans decide the Top Comment (3+ votes) and also hide poor quality comments (4+ votes).
#1 | 1193 days ago

Why the hell would I want to live in the movie Rudy? Notre Dame sucks!!!
756  
#2 | 1193 days ago

woody050681 wrote:
Why the hell would I want to live in the movie Rudy? Notre Dame sucks!!!
In BK we trust.  Don't worry, we'll turn the lights off after we thump the skunks in AA this year. 

By the way, I'd probably choose Star Wars. 
#3 | 1193 days ago

"Clueless"

Living a life of privilege with nothing to do all day but shop and gossip and hang out ... all on someone else's dime?  Please.  Even when these kids are in school they're BSing their way through in quirky, fun ways.  Man, I'll take that ANY day.
#4 | 1193 days ago

 Star Wars
666  
#5 | 1193 days ago

 Cool World
#6 | 1193 days ago

(Edited by kobe_lova)
Beauty and the Beast

(in the town, not a main character)
87  
#7 | 1193 days ago
Nick__ (+)

(Edited by Nick__)
Debbie Does Dallas?????

Deep Throat???

hmmmmm..............this is a tough one.

I have no idea?!?!?  BREWSTERS MILLIONS?  COCOON?? CADDYSHACK??
7  
#8 | 1193 days ago

Brewster's Millions- so much fun spending money because I have to!!!!
67  
#9 | 1193 days ago

Percy Jackson is my second choice (at the moment)
87  
#10 | 1193 days ago

(Edited by woody050681)
Zombieland----"Time to nut up or shut up"
756  
#11 | 1193 days ago

woody050681 wrote:
Zombieland----"Time to nut up or shut up"
I wouldnt last in Zombieland.  I have absolutely no "Rule Number 1".  
#12 | 1193 days ago

It was tough not choosing The Sandlot.  Wake up in the summer, play baseball all day, and gawk at Wendy Peffercorn at the pool.  Yes please! 
#13 | 1193 days ago

Valley Girl (Bite me you Valley Girl snobs)
Thor 8->
Princess Bride

13  
#14 | 1193 days ago

kteacher wrote:
Valley Girl (Bite me you Valley Girl snobs)
Thor 8->
Princess Bride

on the Princess Bride
#15 | 1193 days ago

How could I possibly forge-t Above the Rim- another crack at playing against Sam Worthen, Speedy Williams and Ed Pickney.
67  
#16 | 1193 days ago

Jason_ wrote:
I wouldnt last in Zombieland.  I have absolutely no "Rule Number 1".  
87  
#17 | 1193 days ago

WINNIE THE POOH AND THE BLUSTERY DAY..........lol..............soooooooo relaxing...... good friends at hand......and not a DAMN CARE in the world...........ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh................
#18 | 1193 days ago

kteacher wrote:
Valley Girl (Bite me you Valley Girl snobs)
Thor 8->
Princess Bride

I was thinking The Princess Bride for a minute, too.    

(And it even has the teacher from Clueless in it ... "Preposterous!"  Bonus!)
(And it's my work bookclub selection for next month, apparently.  )
#19 | 1193 days ago

kteacher wrote:
Valley Girl (Bite me you Valley Girl snobs)
Thor 8->
Princess Bride

 "Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."  Could you get past the Giant, the swordsman and the great Vizzini?
18  
#20 | 1193 days ago

 I am torn between 'The Terminator' and 'Steel Magnolias'.
2011  
#21 | 1193 days ago

Blade Runner
514  
#22 | 1193 days ago

Beaneaters wrote:
 I am torn between 'The Terminator' and 'Steel Magnolias'.
I can see you as Truvy.  
#23 | 1193 days ago



free beer!!
54  
#24 | 1193 days ago

I was going to choose either Rudy or The Devil Wears Nada(come on who doesn't want to have sex on a spinning dinning room table while Pu$$y Pu$$y Bang Bang plays in the backround). But since you said I can't choose those options, I will require more time to think.
22  
#25 | 1193 days ago

Beaneaters wrote:
 I am torn between 'The Terminator' and 'Steel Magnolias'.


i'd like to be helen hunt in twister because i always wanted to chase tornados, she's a main character so she won't get offed, and i'd really like to bone bill paxton.
#26 | 1193 days ago

because I just so happened to see it again recently... "Smokey and The Bandit."

or, I was thinking "For Love of the Game" would be cool also.
28  
#27 | 1193 days ago

I'd like to be Bill Paxton in the movie Twister. Just so I could bang Leigh's Helen Hunt character. HAt!
756  
#28 | 1193 days ago



Im in a mood to go fishing , so my choice at this moment is ....................  Gone Fishing


A fishing trip to the everglades with Gus (Danny Glover) and Joe (Joe Pesci) , and we meet up with Willie Nelson , sounds like fun to me 
7  
#29 | 1193 days ago

ms_hippie_queen wrote:


i'd like to be helen hunt in twister because i always wanted to chase tornados, she's a main character so she won't get offed, and i'd really like to bone bill paxton.
But if Bill Paxton can't get her off, why would you want to bone him?
22  
#30 | 1193 days ago

richard_cranium wrote:
I was going to choose either Rudy or The Devil Wears Nada(come on who doesn't want to have sex on a spinning dinning room table while Pu$$y Pu$$y Bang Bang plays in the backround). But since you said I can't choose those options, I will require more time to think.
87  
#31 | 1193 days ago

Sharp Square wrote:


Im in a mood to go fishing , so my choice at this moment is ....................  Gone Fishing


A fishing trip to the everglades with Gus (Danny Glover) and Joe (Joe Pesci) , and we meet up with Willie Nelson , sounds like fun to me 
can i go i will bring the beer and i have a boat
#32 | 1193 days ago

ms_hippie_queen wrote:


i'd like to be helen hunt in twister because i always wanted to chase tornados, she's a main character so she won't get offed, and i'd really like to bone bill paxton.
Every time I see Bill Paxton I can't help picturing him as a pile of $hit in Weird Science.

666  
#33 | 1193 days ago

ET
#34 | 1193 days ago

curt200586518 wrote:
can i go i will bring the beer and i have a boat


Got the boat , just bring the beer
7  
#35 | 1193 days ago

Sharp Square wrote:


Got the boat , just bring the beer
ten four
#36 | 1193 days ago

(Edited by Jess)
I'm changing my movie.  I'll now be Jonathon Moxon in Varsity Blues and Darcy Sears would get taken advantage of. 
#37 | 1193 days ago

kobe_lova wrote:
Percy Jackson is my second choice (at the moment)
I contemplated that (I just finished the third book in the series) or one of the X-Men movies.  But only if I got to have super cool powers.
#38 | 1193 days ago

janet011685 wrote:
I contemplated that (I just finished the third book in the series) or one of the X-Men movies.  But only if I got to have super cool powers.

DAMN! X-men. Now I want to be in Wolverine...cause I want to...be..whatever.

I haven't read the books yet but I watched it again last night this morning.

 

PS. I picture you in The Craft for some reason. LOL

87  
#39 | 1193 days ago

kobe_lova wrote:

DAMN! X-men. Now I want to be in Wolverine...cause I want to...be..whatever.

I haven't read the books yet but I watched it again last night this morning.

 

PS. I picture you in The Craft for some reason. LOL

Probably because I'm a Charmed nerd, and geek out over witch books/movies.  
And I DO love The Craft.  lol

#40 | 1193 days ago
NorseHeathen (+)

marcus_nyce wrote:
Blade Runner
Great choice--one of my favorites (along with Dune), but I don't know if I would actually want to live there...LOL!


 Becky...the "Princess Bride" is another great choice, but I'd probably end up being the old mystic played by Billy Crystal and that's already too close to my own life right now....


"Hellraiser" is an interesting option for the atmosphere and costumes made of metal and leather.....but I'd much prefer an eternity of carnal bliss than perverse pain....


So, I guess I'll be boring and go with answers anyone who's been in the Q for the past couple of years would expect: "13th Warrior", or "Dances with Wolves".
#41 | 1193 days ago

After much deliberation, I have decided that it would be The Wrestler. I would be at the strip club getting lap dances from Marisa Tomei all day long.

22  
#42 | 1193 days ago

richard_cranium wrote:
After much deliberation, I have decided that it would be The Wrestler. I would be at the strip club getting lap dances from Marisa Tomei all day long.

Of all the strippers in all the movies..you pick Tomei as the one you want to get infinite dances from? 
#43 | 1193 days ago

Jason_ wrote:
Of all the strippers in all the movies..you pick Tomei as the one you want to get infinite dances from? 
 Yes, but I am open to suggestions. What ya got?
22  
#44 | 1193 days ago

richard_cranium wrote:
 Yes, but I am open to suggestions. What ya got?
Jesse Spano in "Showgirls"?  
#45 | 1193 days ago

(Edited by kobe_lova)
richard_cranium wrote:
 Yes, but I am open to suggestions. What ya got?
Salma Hayek in From Dusk til Dawn?


edit: and Jessica Alba in Sin City?
87  
#46 | 1193 days ago

richard_cranium wrote:
 Yes, but I am open to suggestions. What ya got?
Natalie Portman in Closer
Halle Barry in (something)
Heather Graham in Hangover
Lindsey Lohan in I know who killed me.
Jessica Alba in Sin City
Salma Hayed in Dusk til Dawn
Chick from Charmed in Planet Terror
#47 | 1193 days ago

Jason_ wrote:
Natalie Portman in Closer
Halle Barry in (something)
Heather Graham in Hangover
Lindsey Lohan in I know who killed me.
Jessica Alba in Sin City
Salma Hayed in Dusk til Dawn
Chick from Charmed in Planet Terror
"Chick from Charmed in Planet Terror"

Rose McGowan ... peg-leg and all, she's HOT in the movie.
#48 | 1193 days ago

janet011685 wrote:
"Chick from Charmed in Planet Terror"

Rose McGowan ... peg-leg and all, she's HOT in the movie.
Not quite.  She's the only one on that list i would take Tomei over.
#49 | 1193 days ago

Jason_ wrote:
Not quite.  She's the only one on that list i would take Tomei over.
Tomei 10 years ago, maybe.  But now?  With Rose looking all bad-ass and hot in THAT movie, nope.
I'd probably take her over Heather Graham, though.  
#50 | 1193 days ago

janet011685 wrote:
Tomei 10 years ago, maybe.  But now?  With Rose looking all bad-ass and hot in THAT movie, nope.
I'd probably take her over Heather Graham, though.  
Tomei over Graham?  Nope.  Remember Boogie Nights? 
#51 | 1193 days ago

Jason_ wrote:
Tomei over Graham?  Nope.  Remember Boogie Nights? 
I remember, but I don't think Graham is THAT hot.  Her face reminds me of the ginger chick from Glee/Heroes (you'd probably know her deer-in-headlights look better from Heroes ... the waitress who gets her head chopped up in Season 1) and she's not curvy enough for my liking.
#52 | 1193 days ago

Super Poll Q!!
Always loved Caddyshack (1980) w/Chevy,Rodney and the Gopher.
#53 | 1193 days ago

Jason_ wrote:
Tomei over Graham?  Nope.  Remember Boogie Nights? 
 How about this, it was a  stroke of genius I had on the way to grab lunch? Monsters Ball, so I can angry f*ck the living sh!t out of Halle Berry on a daily basis.

All your suggestions are quality, but I would still go with Tomei. Maybe it is cause I just got done watching The Wrestler, maybe it is cause I haven't seen most of the movies you all listed.
22  
#54 | 1193 days ago

richard_cranium wrote:
 How about this, it was a  stroke of genius I had on the way to grab lunch? Monsters Ball, so I can angry f*ck the living sh!t out of Halle Berry on a daily basis.

All your suggestions are quality, but I would still go with Tomei. Maybe it is cause I just got done watching The Wrestler, maybe it is cause I haven't seen most of the movies you all listed.
I highly recommend Closer.  I slomo'd that Portman scene about six straight times.
#55 | 1193 days ago

Jason_ wrote:
I highly recommend Closer.  I slomo'd that Portman scene about six straight times.
I will put that on the list of movies to give a shot, should it be in front of or behind Black Swan?
22  
#56 | 1193 days ago

richard_cranium wrote:
I will put that on the list of movies to give a shot, should it be in front of or behind Black Swan?
Black Swan is a better movie. And the scene in it when Portman self abuses is f*cking hot despite no nudity. BUT...you see more of her naked in Closer.
#57 | 1193 days ago

Jason_ wrote:
Black Swan is a better movie. And the scene in it when Portman self abuses is f*cking hot despite no nudity. BUT...you see more of her naked in Closer.
 So Closer should be first, that way Natalie Portman naked will be engraved in my brain, while I watch Black Swan.
22  
#58 | 1193 days ago

Edit...The most skin she's ever showed in a movie i think was Hotel Chevalier.  But that was horrible.
#59 | 1193 days ago

Jason_ wrote:
I highly recommend Closer.  I slomo'd that Portman scene about six straight times.
^^^^Added to Netflix queue 
#60 | 1193 days ago

'as far back as i can remember, i always wanted to be a gangster.'     GOODFELLAS
69  
#61 | 1191 days ago

 I'm choosing to live with the Griswolds. I think it's hilarious when they show up at the wrong family's place in Europe. My 2nd choice is riding a mo-ped to Colorado with my boy Lloyd Christmas 
18  
#62 | 1191 days ago

 Looks like someone else is a fan of Bill Paxton's role as a pile of sh!t.

Keep it coming Lobotomy, the women love it!!
756  
#63 | 1191 days ago
NorseHeathen (+)

This is the kind of letter I sent to the majority of the hotties in the Q when I first arrived.  I swore I'd stick around until I get an answer....

......and I've been in here......hmmmm......how long is it now?
#64 | 1191 days ago

A "princss" named Samuel? 

Do not want. 
#65 | 1172 days ago

"Groundhog's Day"...but I would want to be one of the unaware townspeople. (Maybe the newlywed husband who gets to go to Wrestlemania)

btw...Halle Berry was an exotic dancer in "The Last Boy Scout".
8  
#66 | 1172 days ago
John_Daly (+)

Jason_ wrote:
Black Swan is a better movie. And the scene in it when Portman self abuses is f*cking hot despite no nudity. BUT...you see more of her naked in Closer.
Yeah, and then she up and stops just cuz her moms watching. Prude.
#67 | 1172 days ago

Major League. I'd like to play on a team with the Wild Thing and Willy Mays Hayes. Just have to hope I don't get sent to the Minors in Major League III.
94  
#68 | 1137 days ago
notjeff (+)

The Big Chill.  2nd  & 3rd would probably be Grease & Mama Mia.   
#69 | 1006 days ago
my_sideproject (+)

 Castaway. Is that weird?

Post a Comment   Already a user? Sign in here
Join FanIQ - It's Free
FanIQ is the ultimate free community for sports fans.
Talk sports with fans from all over - 1,649,417+ Comments
Track your game picks - 38,670,182,382+ Sports Predictions
Prove you know sports - 116,275+ Trivia Questions
Find fans of your teams - 11,453,110+ New Friends
Which of these sports movies was your favorite
Asked by huskerdoug2009 | Locker Room, Movies | 1 questions asked 12/06/12
27 opinions | 37 comments | Last by SOONERS1980
What are your favorite 1980's film?
Asked by TallDark95 | Locker Room, Movies | 1 questions asked 09/25/12
33 opinions | 31 comments | Last by Oddfool
Best Character in a movie #2
Asked by huskerdoug2009 | Locker Room, Movies | 10 questions asked 12/06/12
270 opinions | 7 comments | Last by Kenne
Best character in a movie #1
Asked by huskerdoug2009 | Locker Room, Movies | 10 questions asked 12/06/12
250 opinions | 10 comments | Last by zrok6789
Best Character in a movie #3
Asked by huskerdoug2009 | Locker Room, Movies | 10 questions asked 12/06/12
220 opinions | 4 comments | Last by KSbengals99