Skip to Next Poll »
12
How do you mend a broken heart?
 We have all had our hearts broke.  From our first crush to the very serious ones.  They can make you feel like you would rather crawl up in a ball and hide then to face the day. 

  I have always thought that your heart is only broke until the next person breaks it.  So I suppose I believe that love mends a broken heart. 

  What about you guys? How do you mend your broken hearts?
| Closed on 12/03/11 at 05:00PM
FanIQ Pts? No | Locker Room, Personal | Multiple Choice Opinion Poll
37 Fans 
27%a. I do this.
3%b. I only break them.
3%c. I married my high school sweetheart.
16%d. Ask Captain.
51%e. Other

 &nbp;
TOP COMMENT * * * * * * * * * * * *
#2 | 1002 days ago

 When I answered "Ask Captain" I meant Captain Morgan. Is that what you had in mind?
Ask Captain.  
  
74 Comments | Sorted by Most Recent First | Red = You Disagreed
Vote for your favorite comments. Fans decide the Top Comment (3+ votes) and also hide poor quality comments (4+ votes).
#1 | 1002 days ago
cubsgirl2 (+)

 I also believe that a voo doo doll helps. 
#2 | 1002 days ago

 When I answered "Ask Captain" I meant Captain Morgan. Is that what you had in mind?
Ask Captain.  
#3 | 1002 days ago
NorseHeathen (+)

Utilizing the method of psychological transference of aggression.

#4 | 1002 days ago

I'm not experienced enough to answer this
Other  
#5 | 1002 days ago
Sharp Square (sid) profile photo

(Edited by Sharp Square)



I guess i don't really qualify to answer the question. But im sure some of ones preferred drink doesn't hurt !
Other  
#6 | 1002 days ago
18packabs (+)

LOVE is a 4 letter word for a reason.
Other  
#7 | 1002 days ago

I don't allow my heart to break. I remain strong, confident, and never stop believing in myself.
#8 | 1002 days ago

It's only happened once and there's nothing to do. It happens eventually. And now, this has happened in my mind:
#9 | 1002 days ago

Learn to be numb. The pain can be excruciating. I guess you can pray for dementia. That or drink a lot.
Other  
#10 | 1002 days ago
18packabs (+)

Beaneaters wrote:
Learn to be numb. The pain can be excruciating. I guess you can pray for dementia. That or drink a lot.
I normally go with the latter.
Other  
#11 | 1002 days ago

18packabs wrote:
I normally go with the latter.
 I feel you man. 
Other  
#12 | 1002 days ago

18packabs wrote:
LOVE is a 4 letter word for a reason.
LOVE = NEXT
I do this.  
#13 | 1002 days ago
Sharp Square (sid) profile photo

kobe_lova wrote:
It's only happened once and there's nothing to do. It happens eventually. And now, this has happened in my mind:



Ya didn't take him "fishing" did ya ?
Other  
#14 | 1002 days ago

I don't think that finding love with someone else necessarily mends a broken heart, or that someone suffering from a broken heart should look to mend it through "love" with another - I think it's just a distraction, and could eventually end up hurting even more people in the end.

Time...and even then, there are no guarantees. 
Other  
#15 | 1002 days ago

Beaneaters wrote:
Learn to be numb. The pain can be excruciating. I guess you can pray for dementia. That or drink a lot.
Desperate times...

...call for desperate measures.
I do this.  
#16 | 1002 days ago

alainpeartree wrote:
LOVE = NEXT
^^^^This right here.


To get over a woman, I always get under a new one. 
I do this.  
#17 | 1002 days ago

(Edited by yankee_sweet_heart19)
jswol54 wrote:
^^^^This right here.


To get over a woman, I always get under a new one. 
LOL. Sometimes for a guy that is the best way to get over a girl, but its not that easy if a girl really liked te guy. For me I just find someone new that better than the last one.
#18 | 1002 days ago
BDV4U (+)

Double Bypass, Quadruple Bypass, 12 stints, 9 angiograms/angioplasties & on 3rd defibrillator/pacemaker between the ages of 33 & 46 (last stint & angioplasty last week 10-27)
Other  
#19 | 1002 days ago

Enter passive-aggressive stage.
I do this.  
#20 | 1002 days ago
cubsgirl2 (+)

(Edited by cubsgirl2)
jswol54 wrote:
^^^^This right here.


To get over a woman, I always get under a new one. 
 or behind one, or on top of one, or if it's really bad, behind 2, on top of 2.   
#21 | 1002 days ago
cubsgirl2 (+)

 
#22 | 1002 days ago
BDV4U (+)

cubsgirl2 wrote:
 or behind one, or on top of one, or if it's really bad, behind 2, on top of 2.   
Glad I nominated you for new manager for Chicago!
Other  
#23 | 1002 days ago

Feel sorry for myself for a day or two and then move forward.  Her loss will be somebody elses gain.
I do this.  
#24 | 1002 days ago

I do this.  
#25 | 1002 days ago

Needle and thread work pretty well.

I do this.  
#26 | 1002 days ago

sometimes just getting all dressed up and going out on the town helps a little...


Other  
#27 | 1002 days ago

Listen to a lot of Air Supply and Chicago while sitting on the toilet ... eating Ben & Jerry's ... looking at old pictures of you two together.
Or slash his tires and tell his mom he has herpes.  

Whatever works best for your aching heart.
Other  
#28 | 1002 days ago

Beaneaters wrote:
sometimes just getting all dressed up and going out on the town helps a little...


#29 | 1002 days ago
cubsgirl2 (+)

janet011685 wrote:
Listen to a lot of Air Supply and Chicago while sitting on the toilet ... eating Ben & Jerry's ... looking at old pictures of you two together.
Or slash his tires and tell his mom he has herpes.  

Whatever works best for your aching heart.
 Oh God, Air supply. I hate to admit it, but they were one of my favorites. Of course thats because they were in concert when I liked them. 
#30 | 1002 days ago

Just hang in there and after enough times of being broken your heart will turn to stone.
Other  
#31 | 1002 days ago
cubsgirl2 (+)

 Ok guys, I do not have a broken heart. I got the idea for the poll while driving home and the song by the Bee Gees was on.   But thank you to the ones that thought I was.   
#32 | 1002 days ago

they will get theirs. time wounds all heels.
Other  
#33 | 1002 days ago

BDV4U wrote:
Double Bypass, Quadruple Bypass, 12 stints, 9 angiograms/angioplasties & on 3rd defibrillator/pacemaker between the ages of 33 & 46 (last stint & angioplasty last week 10-27)
Was it due to bad relationships... or just bad genes and overall health, and life choices?
Other  
#34 | 1002 days ago
cubsgirl2 (+)

italysqueenie wrote:
Was it due to bad relationships... or just bad genes and overall health, and life choices?
 No, he's a Cardinals fan. 
#35 | 1002 days ago

I cant , only time will heal the hurts .
Other  
#36 | 1002 days ago

lol @ cardinals fan...!  
Other  
#37 | 1002 days ago

1 bourbon, 1 scotch, 1 beer... put fist through drywall.
(repeat)
Other  
#38 | 1002 days ago

marcus_nyce wrote:
1 bourbon, 1 scotch, 1 beer... put fist through drywall.
(repeat)
Good job. Now I have that song stuck in my head. That's OK, it's a great song.
I do this.  
#39 | 1002 days ago

I have been married almost 44 years ( nov 24) will be 44 years and it hasn't always been perfect but a lot better than I deserve
I married my high school sweetheart.  
#40 | 1002 days ago
BDV4U (+)

italysqueenie wrote:
Was it due to bad relationships... or just bad genes and overall health, and life choices?
Bad relationships AND bad genes. I'm sure if the women were of somewhat near-human standards, life would have been easier.

Case-in-point (which I told on another of Glenda's polls on this subject), when I had the heart attack that led to my first bypass, my girlfriend at the time stopped at a gas station for a Coke and smokes, while I laid slumped in the front seat dying, before taking me onto the hospital!
Other  
#41 | 1002 days ago

Yea.. thats horrible....!Im sure It made ya stop and think about her  a different way....!   
Other  
#42 | 1002 days ago
BDV4U (+)

italysqueenie wrote:
Yea.. thats horrible....!Im sure It made ya stop and think about her  a different way....!   
Slight deal breaker LOL

Add to it that this was before I had my son, so I was the sole heir to the family bloodline on BOTH sides and she was unable to have any children and unwilling to discuss options. I thought I found that option with the mother of my son, but Dr. Jekyll became Ms. Hyde shortly after his birth! I've spent the last 10 years still trying to make good on the promise to myself, my son (long before he was born) and my family (which no longer exists) that he would not grow up an only child, like I did and inherit the pressures I had to live with - along with the pain & loneliness of having no one to turn to!
Other  
#43 | 1002 days ago

BDV4U wrote:
Slight deal breaker LOL

Add to it that this was before I had my son, so I was the sole heir to the family bloodline on BOTH sides and she was unable to have any children and unwilling to discuss options. I thought I found that option with the mother of my son, but Dr. Jekyll became Ms. Hyde shortly after his birth! I've spent the last 10 years still trying to make good on the promise to myself, my son (long before he was born) and my family (which no longer exists) that he would not grow up an only child, like I did and inherit the pressures I had to live with - along with the pain & loneliness of having no one to turn to!
wow.. Im speachless.. yet heartbroken.. I feel for ya Rick..
Other  
#44 | 1002 days ago

(Edited by llorionll)
cuddles127017 wrote:
Just hang in there and after enough times of being broken your heart will turn to stone.
 I sincerely hope you heard that from someone else or read it somewhere.



What Becomes Of The Broken-hearted


As I walk this land of broken dreams,
I have visions of many things.

Love's happiness is just an illusion,
Filled with sadness and confusion.
What becomes of the broken hearted
Who had love that's now departed?
I know I've got to find
Some kind of peace of mind
Maybe.
The fruits of love grow all around
But for me they come a tumblin' down.
Every day heartaches grow a little stronger,
I can't stand this pain much longer!
I walk in shadows,
Searching for light.
Cold and alone,
No comfort in sight.
Hoping and praying for someone to care,
Always moving and goin' nowhere.
What becomes of the broken hearted
Who had love that's now departed?
I know I've got to find,
Some kind of peace of mind.
Help me..
I'm searching though I don't succeed,
For someone's love, there's a growing need.
Oh, he is lost, there's no place for beginning,
All that's left is an unhappy ending.
Now what becomes of the broken-hearted
Who had love that's now departed?
I know I've got to find,
Some kind of peace of mind,
I'll be searching everywhere,
Just to find someone to care.
I'll be looking everyday,
I know I'm gonna find a way.
Nothings gonna stop me now,
I'll find a way somehow.
I'll be searching everywhere...
    
Ask Captain.  
#45 | 1002 days ago

cubsgirl2 wrote:
 Ok guys, I do not have a broken heart. I got the idea for the poll while driving home and the song by the Bee Gees was on.   But thank you to the ones that thought I was.   
It breaks my heart to know you were listening to the Bee Gees
#46 | 1002 days ago
BDV4U (+)

italysqueenie wrote:
wow.. Im speachless.. yet heartbroken.. I feel for ya Rick..
Sounds like a good idea for a poll. Maybe we can talk to Glenda after she gets done with her Bee Gees Greatest Hits CD.
Other  
#47 | 1002 days ago
cubsgirl2 (+)

BDV4U wrote:
Sounds like a good idea for a poll. Maybe we can talk to Glenda after she gets done with her Bee Gees Greatest Hits CD.
You guys get a private chat room.  
#48 | 1002 days ago
cubsgirl2 (+)

beach_pirate wrote:
It breaks my heart to know you were listening to the Bee Gees



shut it, noone likes a smart ass. Unless it's me.
#49 | 1002 days ago

cubsgirl2 wrote:



shut it, noone likes a smart ass. Unless it's me.
Haha. But C'mon. The BeeGees? Oh my..... and just when I thought all the radio stations here s**ked.
#50 | 1002 days ago
BDV4U (+)

cubsgirl2 wrote:
You guys get a private chat room.  
But, MOM, you started this!
Other  
#51 | 1002 days ago
cubsgirl2 (+)

BDV4U wrote:
But, MOM, you started this!
 And I'm ending it. 
#52 | 1002 days ago
cubsgirl2 (+)

beach_pirate wrote:
Haha. But C'mon. The BeeGees? Oh my..... and just when I thought all the radio stations here s**ked.
 you don't have to &%%  sucked.  Just sayin. 


And I didn't say I didn't turn the channel. 
#53 | 1001 days ago
BDV4U (+)

cubsgirl2 wrote:
 And I'm ending it. 
My, we're in a snit this evening, aren't we? Sheesh! Someone needs a timeout....
Other  
#54 | 1001 days ago

Lobotomy Jones wrote:
Good job. Now I have that song stuck in my head. That's OK, it's a great song.
 i always thought that song (like most blues really) was either about a woman or a metaphor about a woman. lol
Other  
#55 | 1001 days ago
cubsgirl2 (+)

BDV4U wrote:
My, we're in a snit this evening, aren't we? Sheesh! Someone needs a timeout....
 Can I come out of the corner yet? 
#56 | 1001 days ago
BDV4U (+)

cubsgirl2 wrote:
 Can I come out of the corner yet? 
It's MAY you come out and you MAY, only if you learned your lesson, young lady!
Other  
#57 | 1001 days ago

every time I read that there is another comment and see what the comment was on.. I read the title and start singing that song in my head...     :O)   except its Al Green singing it
Other  
#58 | 1001 days ago

BDV4U wrote:
Slight deal breaker LOL

Add to it that this was before I had my son, so I was the sole heir to the family bloodline on BOTH sides and she was unable to have any children and unwilling to discuss options. I thought I found that option with the mother of my son, but Dr. Jekyll became Ms. Hyde shortly after his birth! I've spent the last 10 years still trying to make good on the promise to myself, my son (long before he was born) and my family (which no longer exists) that he would not grow up an only child, like I did and inherit the pressures I had to live with - along with the pain & loneliness of having no one to turn to!
Are you descended from some random little European nation's royal family?  The sole heir?  

Other  
#59 | 1001 days ago
cubsgirl2 (+)

BDV4U wrote:
It's MAY you come out and you MAY, only if you learned your lesson, young lady!
Shush up, and watch who you are calling a lady. 
#60 | 1001 days ago
BDV4U (+)

janet011685 wrote:
Are you descended from some random little European nation's royal family?  The sole heir?  

I'm not allowed to say publicly, but my birth certificate says Anastasia

My family shrub has roots all over Western Europe, from the Vikings to British nobility to Ivanhoe. One thing is certain - my uncle died before having children and my aunt never had kids, either. All four grandparents and my mother are dead and my dad is 67 and not having any more kids in this lifetime! That leaves me and Mini-Me to carry on 2 family lines. I've had to bear that responsibility since my uncle was killed in 1981 (I was 16). My son is about to turn 11 and his mother "abandoned" me on our mutual goal of having at least 2-3 kids after our third attempt (his older sister died at birth a year before and she miscarried in her 1st trimester in 2003).
Other  
#61 | 1001 days ago
BDV4U (+)

cubsgirl2 wrote:
Shush up, and watch who you are calling a lady. 
A'right, ya ol' hag! LOL J/K
Other  
#62 | 1001 days ago
cubsgirl2 (+)

BDV4U wrote:
A'right, ya ol' hag! LOL J/K



I was going for along the lines of silly bitch.  
#63 | 1001 days ago
BDV4U (+)

cubsgirl2 wrote:



I was going for along the lines of silly bitch.  
That works, but CoC won't let me use references to female dogs. Yet I can say a 5-letter word, starting with B-I, that is far more profane, like bingo! LMAO
Other  
#64 | 1001 days ago

I've found love in Patron, Red Bull and Marlboro Light (Golds, whatever the PC term is now).

Most of society misinterprets the word "love" these days. It should be removed form the English language for the the word "lust" that has taken it's place.
Other  
#65 | 1001 days ago

Joe_L wrote:
I've found love in Patron, Red Bull and Marlboro Light (Golds, whatever the PC term is now).

Most of society misinterprets the word "love" these days. It should be removed form the English language for the the word "lust" that has taken it's place.
I love you.
#66 | 1001 days ago

kobe_lova wrote:
I love you.
you too.

we're not most of society..
Other  
#67 | 1001 days ago

:o)
Other  
#68 | 1001 days ago

lots of ben and jerry's half baked ice cream
metal/man bashing music
&
good friends to vent too.
I do this.  
#69 | 1001 days ago

 A chain saw, a 1/5 of Jack Daniels and a pair of pliers............that'll fix anything
I do this.  
#70 | 1001 days ago
cubsgirl2 (+)

Joe_L wrote:
I've found love in Patron, Red Bull and Marlboro Light (Golds, whatever the PC term is now).

Most of society misinterprets the word "love" these days. It should be removed form the English language for the the word "lust" that has taken it's place.
Amen.
#71 | 1001 days ago

Joe_L wrote:
you too.

we're not most of society..
 Well, that's true...
#72 | 1001 days ago

#73 | 1000 days ago
BDV4U (+)

I had forgotten this song by Skillet that says it best (and it ROCKS, too!):

Let's get the story straight
You were a poison
You flooded through my veins
You left me broken

You tried to make me think
That the blame was all on me
With the pain you put me through
And now I know that

It's not me, it's you, it's not me, it's you
Always has been you
All the lies and stupid things
You say and do, it's you

It's not me, it's you
All the lies and pain you put me through
I know that it's not me, it's you, you, you
It's not me, it's you, you

So here we go again
The same fight we're always in
I don't care so why pretend?
Wake me when your lecture ends

You tried to make me small
Make me fall and it's all your fault
With the pain you put me through
And now I know that

It's not me, it's you, it's not me, it's you
Always has been you
All the lies and stupid things
You say and do, it's you

It's not me, it's you
All the lies and pain you put me through
I know that it's not me, it's you

Let's get the story straight
You were a poison flooding through my veins
You're driving me insane

And now you're gone away
I'm no longer choking
From the pain you put me through
And now I know that

It's not me, it's you, you, it's not me, it's you
Always has been you
All the lies and stupid things
You say and do, it's you

It's not me, it's you
All the lies and pain you put me through
I know that it's not me, it's you, you, you
(It's not me, it's you)
It's not me, it's you, you
(It's not me, it's you)

It's not me, it's you, you
(It's not me, it's you)
It's not me, it's you, you
(It's not me, it's you)
It's not me, it's you
Other  
#74 | 981 days ago

I can think of younger days....when living for my life...was everything a man could want to do

(Now, all of us old farts will start humming "How Can You Mend a Broken Heart" by the Bee Gees)
Other  

Post a Comment   Already a user? Sign in here
Join FanIQ - It's Free
FanIQ is the ultimate free community for sports fans.
Talk sports with fans from all over - 1,649,417+ Comments
Track your game picks - 38,670,182,382+ Sports Predictions
Prove you know sports - 116,275+ Trivia Questions
Find fans of your teams - 11,453,110+ New Friends
What would you do?
Asked by Wizard31508 | Locker Room, Personal | 1 questions asked 12/12/12
12 opinions | 14 comments | Last by icfeet
Mating Season
Asked by rockysnappyduke | Locker Room, Personal | 6 questions asked 07/01/13
132 opinions | 29 comments | Last by KSbengals99
F/E 7/31
Asked by kobe_lova | Locker Room | 1 questions asked Yesterday
8 opinions | 16 comments | Last by woody050681
F/E 7/30
Asked by kobe_lova | Locker Room | 1 questions asked 07/30/14
9 opinions | 30 comments | Last by Debi_L
7-28 FanIQ Summertime Poll in Review
Asked by hclcdestin | Locker Room, FanIQ | 5 questions asked 07/28/14
25 opinions | 5 comments | Last by Beaneaters